• 168 results
Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@MarvelJackAss433: Well those 3 trailers are for a different game. The upcoming MMO.
The two KoToR games are for Ps2 and Xbox and are a decade old or so. Both are worth the money. imo
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#52  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Andy Steven Summers said:
@JediXMan: I'm so stoked for ToR.
Going to hit the sack now though. So won't have anything up until tomorrow some time or Monday. Depending on how long it takes me to skim through the book once more looking for stuff.
I'm going to wait for the Revan novel. THAT I will read.

@MarvelJackAss433: Well those 3 trailers are for a different game. The upcoming MMO. The two KoToR games are for Ps2 and Xbox and are a decade old or so. Both are worth the money. imo
PC. It wasn't on PS2. Just PC and XBox.
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By nefarious

Darth Vader.

Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silver2467: @JediXMan: What I was able to find.

All quotes were taken from the Deceived novel by Paul S. Kemp

The last word hung in the air, frozen in time, as Malgus drew on the Force and augmented his speed. The hilt of his lightsaber filled his hand and its red line split the air. He crosscut the guard before him, putting a black canyon in his chest, continued the swing through the guard on his left, and with his left hand used a blast of power to drive the third guard into the Temple wall hard enough to crush bones and kill him.

Page 23 

Malgus felt the sudden surge of terror in the two soldiers up on the ledge to his left, felt them take aim in sweaty hands, start to squeeze triggers. He flung his lightsaber at them, guided it with the Force in a flickering red arc that cut both of them down, then recalled the blade to his hand. He deactivated it and hunt it from his belt.

Page 24  

Malgus, nested deeply in the Force, perceived the dozens of bolts and their trajectory with perfect clarity. Without breaking stride he whipped his blade left, right, angled it ten degrees, and turned three bolts back on the soldiers who'd fired them, killing all three.

Page 31 

Malgus augmented his strength with the Force, took a two-handed grip on his blade, and unleashed an overhand slash designed to split the Jedi in half. The Jedi sidestepped the blow and crosscut with his blue blade at Malgus throat. Malgus got his blade up in time, parried, and slammed a kick into the Jedi's mid-section. The blow folded the Jedi in half, sent him reeling backward five paces. Malgus leapt into the air, flipped, landed behind him, and drove his blade through the Jedi.

Page 32

Malgus drew on the Force and with a blast of power drove the Padawan across the hall and into one of the towering columns of stone, where she collapsed, blood leaking from her nose.

Page 32 

Malgus, not to be outdone, picked a Jedi Knight at random, a human female ten meters away, held forth his left hand, and discharged veins of blue lightning from his finger tips. The jagged lines of energy cut a swath through the battle, harvesting two Padawans as they went, until they caught up to the Jedi Knight and lifted her off her feet.
She screamed as the lightning ripped into her, her flesh made temporarily translucent from the dark power coursing through her. Malgus savored her pain as she died.

Page 32-33

Before he could locate the Jedi Master, three more Jedi swarmed him. He parried the chop of a human male, leapt over the low slash of an orange-skinned Togruta female, severed the hand of the third, a female human, disarming her, then grabbed her by the throat with his free hand and slammed her into the floor with his Force-enhanced strength.
"Alara!" said the human male.
Leaping high over the male's cross-slash, Malgus landed behind the Togruta, who parried his ligthsaber strike but could not defend herself against the Force blast that sent her skidding across the hall and into a pile of rubble.
He ducked under a slash from the male, lunged forward, and took the Jedi by the throat. He lifted him from his feet and held him suspended in the air, gagging. The Jedi's brown eyes showed no fear, but did show pain. Malgus roared, squeezed hard, then dropped the body and stood over it, blade at his side, breath coming hard. 

The fight against Jedi Master Zallow plays out in the book real similar to the Video in the Deceived trailer. So I'll just post highlights of Malgus.

Page 33-34

Anger refilled him, overcame him. A shout of hate, raw and jagged, burst from his throat. Power went with it, shattering a nearby column and sending a rain of stone shards through the room.

Page 34

Another Jedi stepped in front of him, blue blade held high. Malgus barely saw him. He simply extended a hand, pushed through the Jedi's insufficient defense, seized his throat with the Force, and choked him to death. Tossing the body aside, he moved towards Zallow.

Page 34-35

Malgus spun into a high, Force-augmented kick that hit Zallow in the chest and sent him flying backward ten meters.

Page 35

Malgus, burning with hate, flung his lightsaber at Zallow. He guided its trajectory with the Force, and it spun a sizzling path through the air as Zallow's neck. But Zallow, riding the momentum of his attack on the second Sith, leapt into the air and over the blade.
While Zallow was still in the air, Malgus unleashed a blast of energy that caught the Jedi unprepared and send him crashing downward into a pile of rubble.
Malgus did not hesitate. He mounted the column of his anger, shouting with hate, and leapt twenty meters into the air toward Zallow. Mid-jump, he used the Force to recall his blade to his hand, took a reverse two-handed grip, and prepared to pin Zallow to the Temple floor.

Page 35-36

Seeing an opening, Zallow stepped forward and crosscut for Malgus throat.
As Malgus knew he would.
Malgus turned his blade vertical to parry the blow and spun out of the blade lock. Reversing his lightsaber during the spin, he rode it into a stab that pierced Zallow's abdomen and came out of the other side.

Page 36

When the crowd did not respond to his demand, he slammed a fit into his palm and let anger-fueled power explode outward from his body. Screams sounded as the blast shoved everything away from him in all directions.
Bodies flew backward, slammed into one another, into the walls, against and through windows. The transport he'd rode in on lurched from the blast. The doors of the medical facility flew from their mounts and crashed to the ground.

Page 90

A ROAR, heavy with hate and rage, pulled Aryn's eyes skyward. Malgus descended like a meteor. (Jumped from his ship 50 meters high)

Page 201

Aryn fell fully into the force, raised her defenses, took a fighting stance, and parried Malgus's two-handed overhand slash. Still, he landed in a cocoon of power, hitting the ground in an explosion of might that shattered the stones around them and turned them into a hail f shrapnel.

Page 201

The force of the Sith's blow made her arms quiver.

Page 201

When she landed atop a large chunk of stone ten meters from the Sith, he made a cutting gesture with his free hand and two pieces of statuary rose from the rubble and rushed toward her from either side. She leapt into the air and they smashed into each other beneath her, sparying shards of rock.

Page 202

Taking telekinetic hold of a large stone near Malgus, she flung it at him. He never moved, simply held his ground and split the incoming rock in two with his lightsaber.

Page 202

She was unready for the blow. The Force-augmented impact exploded a spark of shower in her brain and sent her cartwheeling away from Malgus; she slammed into a rock and landed on her side ten meters away.

Page 204

the Sith slapped aside Aryn's Force-hold on the blade and snatched it out of the air, as quick as a sand viper.

Page 205

THE PURE HATE and raw rage poring off Malgus struck Aryn like a physical blow. She braced herslef against it as she might a hailstorm. She realized how strongly he felt for the Twi'lek, how he sublimated all of his emotions for her into hate and rage. 

Page 228

Malgus bounced up from the somersault and loosed a telekinetic blast that lifted Aryn from her feet and blew her across the hanger. She slammed into one of the shuttle's bulkheads, but she used the Force to cushion the blow.

Page 230

Malgu's strength drove her to her knees.

Page 230

The strength behind the blow blew through her defenses, caused her to see stars, loosed teeth, and sent her head over heels backward. She landed on her knees, stunned, seeing double.

Page 231

As Aryn prepared to leap at Malgus, he held forth a hand, almost casually, and lightning sizzled through the space between them. Aryn interposed her lightsabers, but the power in the lightning exceeded anything she had felt from Malgus before. It blasted through her defenses and both lightsabers flew from her hands. The lightning seized her, lifted her up, and threw her from the top of the shuttle.
As she flew toward the deck, she smelled burning flesh, heard screaming, realized that it was her flesh, her screams. She hit the ground hard and her head bounced off the ground. Sparks erupted om her brain, pain, and everything went dark.

Below are some of the better feats. Where he first sneaks into the grounds of another Sith Lord, and then battles him.

Page 231

He focused on keeping his Force signature suppressed. He did not want anyone to learn of his presence prematurely.

Page 243

He drew on the Force, gestured as if he were shooing away insects, and sent both of the troopers flying against the wall of the manse hard enough to crack bone.

Page 244

His Force-enhanced reflexes moved faster than their trigger fingers. Without slowing his pace, he pulled his lightsaber into his hand and activated it as he blasters discharged. The red line of his weapon spun so fast in his hand it expanded into a shield. 
Two of the blaster shots ricocheted off his weapon and into the ceiling. He deflected the other four back at the troopers, putting black holes through two chests and two face masks. Another two strides and a lunge brought him upon the surviving two troopers befor they could fire again. He crosscut, spun, and crosscut again, killing both.

Page 245

Malgus interposed his lightsabe, drew the lightning to it, and started walking towards Adraas. The power swirled around the red blade, sizzling, crackling, pushed against Malgus, but he strode through it. The skin of his hands blistered but Malgus endured the pain, paid it as the price of his cause.

Page 245

As he walked, he spun his blade in an arc above his head, gathering the lighting, then flung it back at Adraas. It slammed into his chest, lifted him bodily from the ground, and threw him hard against the far well.

Page 245

Malgus held forth his hand and the rage within hm manifested in blue veins of lightning that discharged from his fingertips and slammed into Adraas. The power stopped Adraas's charge cold, blew his lightsaber from his hand, caught him up in a cage of burning lightning. He screamed, squirming in frustration and pain.

Page 247
He then used Force Choke to grab and gag him. While he threatened him more and told him he was a mongrel, etc etc. Then crushed his trachea.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ssejllenrad

Malgus has a burnt jaw. Vader has a burnt everything. Malgus wins.

Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the reading I did today I would say that Malgus has the agility advantage. Strength wise I would rank them pretty close. Malgus did use his lightning frequently and was shown to overpower people who had used their lightsabers for defense. So if he could utilize that against Vader this could slide his way. Vader just has so many more feats to pull from throughout the years it's hard to compete.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Silver2467
@Andy Steven Summers: This is what I gathered from the feats you posted (thanks for the quotes, by the way). 
  • releases a Force Push that crushes a man's bones, killing him.
  • displays Lightsaber Throw
  • show impressive reaction time as he deflects blaster bolts
  • uses Force Push to send a Jedi hurling away from him across a room
  • kills a Jedi using Force Lightning
  • once against sends a Jedi flying with Push
  • holds a Jedi in the air and strangles them to death with one arm
  • apparently shows Force Scream that collapses a stone column
  • uses Force Choke to kill a Jedi
  • kicks a Jedi with enough force to send them back ten meters
  • uses either Force Wave or Force Repulse to knock everything nearby far away from, sending enemies crashing through windows and moving the vehicle he rode in on
  • leaps from 50 meters, landing hard enough to shatter stone
  • blows are powerful to be felt as a Jedi parries them
  • telekinetically hurls boulders
  • scorches flesh with Lightning
  • uses Force Concealment
  • shows combat speed enough that there is residual streams of his lightsaber enough make a "shield"

These are good feats. Overall, Vader has demonstrated more impressive telekinetic showings, but Malgus' combat speed should certainly be greater. I believe Vader has exhibited more versatility over the years. Regarding Force Scream, contrary to popular belief, this is not a voluntarily used power that a dark sider could employ intentionally in a fight. Both Vader and Malgus know this power, but it probably will not be utilized. Lightning is an edge in Malgus' favor here. He does seem to kill several Jedi on raw skill, but Vader has done the same. I will assign Vader a skill advantage just because I really have no idea how skilled any of these Jedi Malgus fought were, but at the same time, I feel confident that Vader's dueling feats are more impressive.  

This could go either way in my opinion. It depends on what abilities they decide to incorporate into the fight. 
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silver2467 said:
(thanks for the quotes, by the way)
Any time.
@Silver2467 said:
I really have no idea how skilled any of these Jedi Malgus fought were. 
For the most part I would put them as fodder. With the exception of Zallow who he referenced as being very powerful through Force Sight. Malgus when he first showed up was evaluating all the gathering Jedi through it. Besides Zallow his ex-Padawan Aryn would be the only other competent fighter. imo
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Silver2467
@Andy Steven Summers: Alright. In a way, I would prefer not to assume that Malgus is below Vader in combat skill because he has not had as many opportunities to perform combat feats, but on the other hand, I generally avoid granting a character a threat level they never showed. Most of the Jedi Vader killed during the Purge actually have managed decent dueling feats. So his skill level is well documented. 
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silver2467: Off-Topic but still Star Wars related.
I'm having a discussion on another site about the Darth Maul vs Darth Vader fight. While I have the fight scans on my Tiamat account. I don't have all the issues pages. 
The person is saying that the Dark Side Prophets had augmented/enhanced/empowered Maul.
I don't recall anything ever saying that they had made him 'better'. Just that they had reincarnated him. And it is not known if they did so with Cloning, or Sith Alchemy.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Silver2467
@Silver2467: Off-Topic but still Star Wars related. I'm having a discussion on another site about the Darth Maul vs Darth Vader fight. While I have the fight scans on my Tiamat account. I don't have all the issues pages.  The person is saying that the Dark Side Prophets had augmented/enhanced/empowered Maul. I don't recall anything ever saying that they had made him 'better'. Just that they had reincarnated him. And it is not known if they did so with Cloning, or Sith Alchemy.
I have no scans of that fight developed, but there was nothing to suggest that he was amped. In fact, the Dark Side Acolytes even stated that Vader could kill them and Maul if he wanted to but challenged Vader to simply duel Maul instead. If Vader had just cut loose with a telekinetic attack, he could have killed them all, but because he accepted their proposed fight, he restricted himself to his lightsaber. Maul having received a power augmentation would make no sense if he was still not as powerful as Vader. He could only compete with him in a duel. 
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's what I figured. Thanks. =)

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Silver2467

Sure thing. 

SurelockeHomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SurelockeHomes

Intriguing. I'm leaning more towards Darth here.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Fetts

WHAT THE #%^&@#$^&*%$#@@$%^^#$$@%^&&$&%#$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I MADE THIS FIGHT FIRST AND I GOT NO COMMENTS!!!!!!  

Not. Cool.

NahKrosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By NahKrosis

Malgus wins, relatively easily. His Force Lightning was powerful enough to kill three Jedi Knights in one blast, it will absolutely destroy Vader. Plus, in the novels, Malgus has shown some powerful feats, such as blasting hundreds of people away with Force Wave and lifting two collapsed buildings off of himself.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#67  Edited By dane
@NahKrosis: Force Lightning can be blocked with a lightsaber and when did he blast hundreds of people away with Force Wave? I read Deceived and I only remember him blasting away a dozen civilians. That isn't greater than what Vader has done.
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By nefarious

Darth Vader uses the infamous force-choke on Darth Malgus.

WhyHewins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malgus would beat Vader pretty bad you guys.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Darth Vader takes this almost every time he simply has Malgus beat in virtually every category.

raythelion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Darth Vader

niceguy609

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vader by far

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Vader takes this almost every time he simply has Malgus beat in virtually every category.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dccomicsrule2011: I actually think this is relatively close. Vader doesn't really have Malgus beat in everything, and certainly not be a margin significant enough to render this a mismatch.

Raiden_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts said:

WHAT THE #%^&@#$^&*%$#@@$%^^#$$@%^&&$&%#$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I MADE THIS FIGHT FIRST AND I GOT NO COMMENTS!!!!!!

Not. Cool.

People in comicvine are ******* i feel you bro : )

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
Avatar image for darklordofthesith1
darklordofthesith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vader wins he is far more powerful than malgus

Deadpo0l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Deadpo0l

DV

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By ShootingNova

Vader for the solid to vast majority.

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Vader is a master class. A refinement of his otherwise younger and untamed younger self.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

gingerpenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malgus is without a doubt a badass and he would give Vader a great fight, but in the end Vader going to beat that ass

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#84  Edited By Erkan12

Malgus' force lightning level might be problem for Vader.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By ShootingNova

Why everybody finds Force Lightning to be a counter for Vader is beyond me. Whilst electricity does tend to short out electronic material in SW, Vader's armor is also alchemically enhanced. Vader has resisted electrical nets, and he resisted much more potent Lightning from Palpatine for an extensive period.

Malgus's Lightning would only be the slightest of edges, and Vader is more skilful, stronger, faster, more powerful and more durable. He gets almost every round in a difficult fight.

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starkiller Clone did make Vader shutter with a concentrated Force lightning blast. Malgus' lightning is certainly an advantage over Vader, so long as he can get past Vader's guard. The question is . . . can Malgus get past his guard.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably still Vader, since this is Deceived Malgus who doesn't quite match up to him in sheer skill or power.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader has this.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By GeorgeWBush

Vader in a good fight

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Vader wins, but Malgus ain't going down easy.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bfd5d714c687
deactivated-5bfd5d714c687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malgus would be hard to beat for Vader, but not that hard.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starkiller Clone did make Vader shutter with a concentrated Force lightning blast. Malgus' lightning is certainly an advantage over Vader, so long as he can get past Vader's guard. The question is . . . can Malgus get past his guard.

Malgus Force Lightning is not on the level of Starkillers....

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't know Malgus failed to kill a mere non-force sensitive being with his lightning before, in this case Vader can resist it in some degree, but it would be still troublesome.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jace Malcom was wearing special armor which helped him resist lightning; the three Jedi Malgus killed in one burst weren't.

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By silentbat

@dccomicsrule2011: Fair point. But I don't think Malgus and Starkiller are that far off. If Malgus got off a successful hit on Vader's armor, he's doing damage. It's not an instant K.O. by any means, but it'll slow Vader down. Again, that's even if Malgus could get past Vader's lightsaber guard or deflection.

@shootingnova I actually would say Malgus' showing against Lord Adraas at the end of Deceived, his oneness with the Force, may have indicated some strong raw power behind his lightning at that point in time.

@i_like_swords I always figured Malgus lightning evolution like this:

When we first see him in the first (chronological) trailer I think he didn't know lightning at all (completely speculative). In the second I think he learned the ability as was fair, competent. In the third trailer, and during the main events of Deceived he was approaching high proficiency. By books end and going forward, especially based his feats in Book of the Sith, he was on par with master level, capable of Force Maelstrom, which is essentially a step below Force Storm (Sidious-status).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silentbat: He kills a Jedi in The Third Lesson with lightning (a Zabrak, actually),which takes place immediately after the battle of Alderaan, a point in time where he had damaged lungs, and lacerations and contusions all over his body.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What was "the third lesson"? Sometimes there's an empty cage? Or something along those lines? Been awhile since I read it. Hope I can find my copy o_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@i_like_swords said:

Jace Malcom was wearing special armor which helped him resist lightning; the three Jedi Malgus killed in one burst weren't.

And still BS tbh..but unless that armor is called plot armor...I could maybe see Jace surviving if ya know...he had a helmet on, but really I think his brain should have been fried.