• 168 results
Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Obviously Darth Vader does not need any introduction. But a number of people may not know who Darth Malgus is. He is one of the Sith Lords during the Old Republic Era, and is also featured in the upcoming BioWare mmo game. Star Wars: The Old Republic. Below are a few videos in which he is depicted. 

Fight takes place in the ruins of the Jedi Temple and Vader just killed Malgus 'pet' Twi'lek in front of him.

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

@Andy Steven Summers: Buffy takes it ;)

Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@.Mistress Redhead.: lmao
Stop trolling me thread. XP
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Andy Steven Summers said:

@.Mistress Redhead.: lmao Stop trolling me thread. XP

;p had to be done

Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@.Mistress Redhead.: I'm half tempted to make a Buffy universe person Vs a Star Wars character I know well. Just to see.
You know since my Buffy Vs Cap thread and Buffy Vs Drizzt threads got locked. lol
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Final Arrow

@.Mistress Redhead.: I'm half tempted to make a Buffy universe person Vs a Star Wars character I know well. Just to see. You know since my Buffy Vs Cap thread and Buffy Vs Drizzt threads got locked. lol

Han shoots first.

.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@.Mistress Redhead.: I'm half tempted to make a Buffy universe person Vs a Star Wars character I know well. Just to see. You know since my Buffy Vs Cap thread and Buffy Vs Drizzt threads got locked. lol

ha ha well if I don't know em I can't play lol, they only got locked cause of Buffy fan boys.. I actually think they are worse than Storm ones...

Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@.Mistress Redhead. said:

I actually think they are worse than Storm ones...

Over the last couple of months I would agree.

@Final Arrow said:

Han shoots first.

Darn straight he did. lol
theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By theicon

vader all the way

.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Andy Steven Summers: DO NOT LISTEN TO WHAT HE IS ABOUT TO SAY TO YOU

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Final Arrow

@Andy Steven Summers: MR JUST DID THE BEST THING.

ME: HAN SHOOTS FIRST.

MR: "Yeah he did, then he later shot that guy with the swords." Realizes her mistake and looks at me.

ME "So telling Andy"

MR "There the same character kinda"

XD

Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Final Arrow: rofl
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Final Arrow: rofl

-_- I hate you both

I AM PREGNANT I FORGET THINGS

Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theicon said:
vader all the way
Any thoughts on way? Just overall more powerful? More feats? Better feats?
theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By theicon
@Andy Steven Summers: this new darth  got  messed up my a simple  soldier,  Vader  never got  even stumped by a reg soldier.  Vader will annihilate this newbie
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By buttersdaman000

Why cant they make a Star Wars movie like this?

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By SpidermanWins

Darth Malgus may win simply because he has mastered the use of force lightning and therefore has an undeniable power especially over a cyborg like Vader. The lightning would not only cripple his electrical systems but Vader's robotic body no longer has the ability to absorb or have any defense against it. Vader is a better swordsman but Darth Malgus has a clear advantage here.

Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:
We can dream that one day they will. lol

@theicon: Technically he was not just any regular soldier. But I see what you are saying.
SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SpidermanWins
@buttersdaman000 said:
We can dream that one day they will. lol

KOTOR and maybe Force Unleashed movies must happen... at least KOTOR
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SpidermanWins: We can always hope that onece BioWare releases their mmo game The Old Republic. That it will be a huge success and spark something.
SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SpidermanWins

@SpidermanWins: We can always hope that onece BioWare releases their mmo game The Old Republic. That it will be a huge success and spark something.

Well we know that it is 13 times larger than every single one of Bioware's past projects mashed together so its gonna be big we know that.
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SpidermanWins: I'm Beta testing it. I can concur it's great. lol
SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SpidermanWins
@SpidermanWins: I'm Beta testing it. I can concur it's great. lol
ooh lucky well I can't wait for it.
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SpidermanWins: Prre-Orders are being taken for the game if you are interested. People who pre-order will be given early access.
SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SpidermanWins

@SpidermanWins: Prre-Orders are being taken for the game if you are interested. People who pre-order will be given early access.

Is it for any consoles or just PC? I forgot.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Silver2467

Has anyone actually read the TOR novels? I have not done so and will not be doing so for a while, and I would prefer not to base my judgment purely on the trailers and timelines. Using those as the only source material, Vader is ahead of Malgus in basically every category, but I have a feeling he may have more notable feats in the books. 

@SpidermanWins said:

Darth Malgus may win simply because he has mastered the use of force lightning and therefore has an undeniable power especially over a cyborg like Vader. The lightning would not only cripple his electrical systems but Vader's robotic body no longer has the ability to absorb or have any defense against it. Vader is a better swordsman but Darth Malgus has a clear advantage here.

Vader can block the Lightning with his lightsaber or by using Force Deflection. 

@SpidermanWins said: 
There will be no more Star Wars movies. Lucas has already said that. 
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SpidermanWins: Just PC (thankfully).
SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SpidermanWins
@Silver2467 said:
Has anyone actually read the TOR novels? I have not done so and will not be doing so for a while, and I would prefer not to base my judgment purely on the trailers and timelines. Using those as the only source material, Vader is ahead of Malgus in basically every category, but I have a feeling he may have more notable feats in the books. 

@SpidermanWins said:

Vader can block the Lightning with his lightsaber or by using Force Deflection. 

@SpidermanWins said: 
There will be no more Star Wars movies. Lucas has already said that. 
1. When has Vader ever shown the ability to do that? I'm not denying he may be able to do that but the first thing you said is contrary to many things said in Star Wars Lore. Vader has always been unable to defend himself against force lightning, otherwise he would have in many other instances. Force lightning is not a Han Solo blaster bolt my friend.

2. I know, I know, but we can dream can't we?
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Silver2467
@SpidermanWins said: 
1. When has Vader ever shown the ability to do that? I'm not denying he may be able to do that but the first thing you said is contrary to many things said in Star Wars Lore. Vader has always been unable to defend himself against force lightning, otherwise he would have in many other instances. Force lightning is not a Han Solo blaster bolt my friend.  2. I know, I know, but we can dream can't we?
1. Vader is not unable to defend himself against Force Lightning. He is just not naturally resistant to it. Without employing Force Deflection or Barrier and simply tanking it, his life support systems would be critically damaged. Han Solo's blaster bolts are more powerful than some characters' Force Lightning. Lightning is not always the equivalent of what Palpatine or Bane can utilize it for; it does not just instantly kill a target. Often times, it only injures them or renders them unconscious. Besides that, Vader has effortlessly used Force Deflection against Boba Fett before, and Boba's blaster rifle has literally disintegrated targets upon impact. He also once redirected a stormtrooper's blaster shot back at him with enough accuracy that it severed his head (stormtrooper blaster carbines and rifles can tear holes through armored enemies). I see nothing here to suggest that Malgus' Lightning is that powerful. You did not address the issue of his lightsaber's ability to protect against it either. 

2. No. 
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silver2467 said:
Has anyone actually read the TOR novels?
I've read the Deceived book. I think the biggest problem for this fight is that Vader has had so much more exposure and years to produce feats. Compared to Malgus.
I'll have to re-read the fight scenes, but nothing over the top springs to mind for his combat ability.
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silver2467: Don't forget he also deflected Han's blaster bolt with his hand in the movies.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Silver2467
@Silver2467 said:
Has anyone actually read the TOR novels?
I've read the Deceived book. I think the biggest problem for this fight is that Vader has had so much more exposure and years to produce feats. Compared to Malgus. I'll have to re-read the fight scenes, but nothing over the top springs to mind for his combat ability.
If you can find anything, even moderate feats, let me know. Not asking for quotes, but a general description of what the feat is would help. 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#33  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

The man has impressed me a bit in the videos, but he hasn't done anything major from what I have seen.

I have read NONE of the novels and only a couple of comics. I probably never will. Feats, please?

Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silver2467: The main section that keeps popping up in my mind. Which really is not a combat feat. Is shortly after he had sacked the Jedi Temple he is hovering high above in his shuttle waiting for a specific someone to arrive. He jumps out of the shuttle without injury. It gives exact distance, but I don't remember it without looking it up.
I'm gonna be pretty bored until the 2nd so will try and grab you some quotes. If not just for future references.

IMO the book overall was alright. I found myself wanting to skim sections however that dealt with the smuggler. Who's name I don't even remember. lol
SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SpidermanWins
@Silver2467 said:
@SpidermanWins said: 
1. When has Vader ever shown the ability to do that? I'm not denying he may be able to do that but the first thing you said is contrary to many things said in Star Wars Lore. Vader has always been unable to defend himself against force lightning, otherwise he would have in many other instances. Force lightning is not a Han Solo blaster bolt my friend.  2. I know, I know, but we can dream can't we?
1. Vader is not unable to defend himself against Force Lightning. He is just not naturally resistant to it. Without employing Force Deflection or Barrier and simply tanking it, his life support systems would be critically damaged. Han Solo's blaster bolts are more powerful than some characters' Force Lightning. Lightning is not always the equivalent of what Palpatine or Bane can utilize it for; it does not just instantly kill a target. Often times, it only injures them or renders them unconscious. Besides that, Vader has effortlessly used Force Deflection against Boba Fett before, and Boba's blaster rifle has literally disintegrated targets upon impact. He also once redirected a stormtrooper's blaster shot back at him with enough accuracy that it severed his head (stormtrooper blaster carbines and rifles can tear holes through armored enemies). I see nothing here to suggest that Malgus' Lightning is that powerful. You did not address the issue of his lightsaber's ability to protect against it either.  2. No. 
I am aware of the use of force lightning. It is a weapon that drains the energy of an enemy through painful jolts of electricity with varying power. Blaster bolts and Force lightning, however are not the same in the same category but YOU did not address my question which, if answered, will provide the answer to yours. Has Vader ever shown the ability to defend himself against force lightning effectively? He has had the opportunity to do so and every time he is simply rendered helpless by it. Even a small jolt will shut down his systems. If you can show me anything with Vader performing such a feat then show it.
SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SpidermanWins
@Silver2467 said:
@SpidermanWins said: 
  2. No. 
Why so negative?
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SpidermanWins: It's not that he is negative. Just very blunt.
SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SpidermanWins

@SpidermanWins: It's not that he is negative. Just very blunt.

ah...
Avatar image for marveljackass433
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#39  Edited By MarvelJackAss433
@SpidermanWins: @Andy Steven Summers

Curious..never played KOTOR..But it doesn't look like the Star Wars Storyline I remember.I though the Sith Empire used the Old Republics clones for their army?
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Silver2467
@SpidermanWins said: 

I am aware of the use of force lightning. It is a weapon that drains the energy of an enemy through painful jolts of electricity with varying power. Blaster bolts and Force lightning, however are not the same in the same category but YOU did not address my question which, if answered, will provide the answer to yours. Has Vader ever shown the ability to defend himself against force lightning effectively? He has had the opportunity to do so and every time he is simply rendered helpless by it. Even a small jolt will shut down his systems. If you can show me anything with Vader performing such a feat then show it.

I really am not required to. The only times Vader has ever fallen subject to Lightning was against Palpatine, whose Lightning overpowered Luke and Yoda's Force Deflection; so that incident does not translate over to Malgus, who has not demonstrated the same power with Lightning. The only other character who could have released Force Lightning against him is Starkiller, and he never did. The fact is Vader has used Deflection against energy attacks that are more potent than Malgus' Lightning. You seem to be assuming that Vader's Deflection is weak against Lightning, when this is not the case. His life support and armor are weak against Lightning. Nothing else. A small jolt will not just instantly shut down his systems either. You are exaggerating his weakness.  

@Silver2467: The main section that keeps popping up in my mind. Which really is not a combat feat. Is shortly after he had sacked the Jedi Temple he is hovering high above in his shuttle waiting for a specific someone to arrive. He jumps out of the shuttle without injury. It gives exact distance, but I don't remember it without looking it up. I'm gonna be pretty bored until the 2nd so will try and grab you some quotes. If not just for future references.  IMO the book overall was alright. I found myself wanting to skim sections however that dealt with the smuggler. Who's name I don't even remember. lol

Alright. 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@MarvelJackAss433 said:

@SpidermanWins: @Andy Steven Summers:   Curious..never played KOTOR..But it doesn't look like the Star Wars Storyline I remember.I though the Sith Empire used the Old Republics clones for their army?

I am not sure what you are referring to.
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#42  Edited By PowerHerc

Vader for the win.

Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MarvelJackAss433 said:
@SpidermanWins: @Andy Steven Summers:   Curious..never played KOTOR..But it doesn't look like the Star Wars Storyline I remember.I though the Sith Empire used the Old Republics clones for their army?
Do you mean the Clone Troopers turned Storm Troopers?
Those trailers take place thousands of years before the Star Wars movies.
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MarvelJackAss433
@JediXMan: I'm referring to the only Star Wars storyline I know about...the movies...V_V
I've thought that when the Empire took hold,they basically took every clones with them.I'm just not that factual on Star Wars mythos.
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JediXMan said:
I have read NONE of the novels and only a couple of comics. I probably never will. Feats, please?
Like I mentioned to Silver. I'll go through the book and post some feats of his. I doubt anything will be impressive enough to sway people however. Also from my understanding he just appears in the Deceived book. The other ToR books Fatal Alliance, and Red Harvest deal with other Sith.
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MarvelJackAss433
@Andy Steven Summers: O.O.....I'm now thinking of buying the games just for more story......
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MarvelJackAss433: If you haven't played KoToR. I recommend picking them up. You should be able to find them for cheap now a days and I enjoyed both. Have played through them multiple times.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@MarvelJackAss433 said:
@JediXMan: I'm referring to the only Star Wars storyline I know about...the movies...V_V I've thought that when the Empire took hold,they basically took every clones with them.I'm just not that factual on Star Wars mythos.
Pretty much. Also, it's explained that Palpatine requested extra clones from other sources aside from Kamino (these were diluted clones, and therefore they weren't as good as Kamino clones. They were also 100% trained by computers and had an even lower life span). He also secretly requested ships from other sources, as well.

@JediXMan said:
Like I mentioned to Silver. I'll go through the book and post some feats of his. I doubt anything will be impressive enough to sway people however. Also from my understanding he just appears in the Deceived book. The other ToR books Fatal Alliance, and Red Harvest deal with other Sith.
Alright, thanks. Looking forward to it. I know next to nothing about TOR.
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MarvelJackAss433
@Andy Steven Summers: Is it a good game?Aside from story?I've been deceived by awesome trailers before....
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JediXMan: I'm so stoked for ToR.
Going to hit the sack now though. So won't have anything up until tomorrow some time or Monday. Depending on how long it takes me to skim through the book once more looking for stuff.