Darth Vader Pre-ANH runs a gauntlet

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GeorgeWBush

*This is Vader from the novel Rise of Darth Vader to his duel on Kessel.

No Caption Provided

*All combatants are bloodlusted/morals off

1. Anoon Bondara

2. Eeth Koth

3. Emperor's Wrath II

4. Ulic Qel Droma

5. Agen Kolar

6. Sora Bulq

7. AOTC Anakin Skywalker

8. Asajj Ventress.

9. ROTS Kenobi

Boss: Count Dooku

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Could clear, Emperor's Wrath looks a bit low?

Dooku probably beats him, though.

Darth_Necray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears. Loses to Dooku. Has trouble with Kenobi

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that Asajj and Kenobi would beat him or stalemate him. He its not clean clear.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't kenobi stop him....again?

JKBart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JKBart

Mentally hindered, barely accustomed to his new armor Vader in mid of his work on adapting to the suit... Nah. Unless he gets the opportunity to utilize the Force very heavily, but we've seen Kenobi capable of resisting "damaged" Vader's telekinesis. Vader at this timeline is still mentally damaged, and although he starts to get his mess together, he is equally hindered by his armor. He might stop at 8, most probably will be put down at 9, and will definitely go down at 10.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@jkbart said:

Mentally hindered, barely accustomed to his new armor Vader in mid of his work on adapting to the suit... Nah. Unless he gets the opportunity to utilize the Force very heavily, but we've seen Kenobi capable of resisting "damaged" Vader's telekinesis. Vader at this timeline is still mentally damaged, and although he starts to get his mess together, he is equally hindered by his armor. He might stop at 8, most probably will be put down at 9, and will definitely go down at 10.

Vader can beat everyone in this sans Dooku.

I think you're vastly underrating Vader here. Even at this level, he could stomp Obi-Wan with the Force if he chose to.

JKBart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: Even on Kashyyyk, he used the Force against Roan Shryne only in an indirect manner, hurling debris at him if I recall correctly. Remember, this is Vader in a novel directly following RotS, where hindered Anakin failed to put down Obi-Wan via telekinesis. Morals off don't apply to mental hindrances and burdened clarity of mind I believe, and those are inherent to Vader at this point of time. Without those mental hindrances and only the physical ones with underdevelopment and low adaptivity to the cybernetic suit, I would agree with you.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@jkbart said:

@dccomicsrule2011: Even on Kashyyyk, he used the Force against Roan Shryne only in an indirect manner, hurling debris at him if I recall correctly. Remember, this is Vader in a novel directly following RotS, where hindered Anakin failed to put down Obi-Wan via telekinesis. Morals off don't apply to mental hindrances and burdened clarity of mind I believe, and those are inherent to Vader at this point of time. Without those mental hindrances and only the physical ones with underdevelopment and low adaptivity to the cybernetic suit, I would agree with you.

Fair enough.

I just realized this was only Vader during "Rise of Darth Vader" novel. I thought this was everything BEFORE ANH. My bad. =/

On another note, I seem to recall Vader overpowering Roan's TK, during a sequence in the book...I could be wrong though, I haven't read the book in like 2 years, and my memory sucks.

JKBart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: I would rather describe it as Roan incapable of overpowering Vader's TK. Roan failed to redirect Vader's throw, but it would just require him to possess better reaction speed than Vader and ability to call on the Force very fast to do it. He would just need to be better. Still, even so hindered Vader would be obviously above Roan.

Avatar image for theflashisaboveall
theflashisaboveall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

possible clear

Caseiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Darth Vader is too slow for AotC Anakin, look at his speed against Dooku. He begs his AotC version for death at 7 point =)

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the edit to being Dark Lord Vader (or was I just blind?), then he could stop at anywhere from 7 to 10.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The title as intended was feats solely from Dark Lord Rise of Darth Vader to his duel on Kessel.

also @shootingnova What character/tier would you put Wrath in terms of skill/power for a quick rundown

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShootingNova

@burnface: In skill, the Wrath is probably approachable to somebody like Obi-Wan. He has beaten so many opponents, some of whom he has beaten fairly early in his Sith career. But then, the biggest issue is that a vast majority of his opponents have no real screen time, so they have no real feats of skill. Some of them at least have some hype (but then, it's so common in the OR era that I doubt it matters), but most of them have just about nothing. So it's hard to judge exactly where he is. Based off his hype and accolades and the myriad of opponents he has beaten, as well as some of his other feats, and the circumstances surrounding some of his fights, I think we can safely declare that he could challenge the likes of Obi-Wan, but I can't quite put him on par with Kenobi just yet.

And yes, I'm aware it could be a her, I just refer to select TOR protagonists as a he or she for personal convenience.

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burnface: The duel on Kessel takes place before the end of the novel, though.

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

I think that Asajj and Kenobi would beat him or stalemate him. He its not clean clear.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Stops at Obi-Wan