• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by fatalsniper728 (498 posts) - - Show Bio

vs.

Both teams have 15 minutes to prep and are at full power.

Battle takes place on the street.

Who wins ?

#2 Posted by fatalsniper728 (498 posts) - - Show Bio

heavyweight match right here, can't wait to hear yalls opinions!

#3 Posted by Pokeysteve (8403 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really know anything about the Star Wars universe but Kratos pretty much wrecked Olympus' most power gods and he wasn't at anywhere near full power. And Raiden controls electricity. Maybe there are some Star Wars guys that can make a case for their team but team 2 takes it for me.

#4 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (25485 posts) - - Show Bio

Palpatine solos he is much faster then anyone of team 2, he could open a Force Storm or just take there heads of with his lightsaber.

#5 Posted by fatalsniper728 (498 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: i thought raiden would be powerful enough to take on palpatine, raiden is a god

#6 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (25485 posts) - - Show Bio

@fatalsniper728 said:

@dccomicsrule2011: i thought raiden would be powerful enough to take on palpatine, raiden is a god

Being a "god" does not make you unbeatable, Palpatine is much faster then Raiden he has a better destructive capacity and he can't even be killed by conventional means.

#7 Posted by Simon_the_digger (3061 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Wars team stomps

#8 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

Star wars wins.

#9 Posted by scorpion2501 (6110 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a raiden thread again -.-

It's hard to say how strong he is.

In the mk wiki it says he's ethereal.

So if he's really ethereal he could solo vader and palpatine.

Even if he isn't,team 2 still wins.

How can the sith defeat a god and a god killer?

#10 Posted by LubeMan (1067 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Palpatine solos

Seems to be a common theme here on the vine!

#11 Posted by darkelf35 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

Time skp luke >palpatine

#12 Posted by monarch_prime (397 posts) - - Show Bio

Plapatine handles them.

#13 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2549 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by fatalsniper728 (498 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus: it takes place on the street, so yeah its on earth

#15 Posted by NeonGameWave (7949 posts) - - Show Bio

Raiden solos.

#16 Posted by fatalsniper728 (498 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeonGameWave: how though ? he has to face two powerful sith lords

#17 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Vader was lower on the Sith power scale?

#18 Posted by NeonGameWave (7949 posts) - - Show Bio

@fatalsniper728: At full power he would be an Elder God.

#19 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

#20 Posted by reikai (4327 posts) - - Show Bio

Raiden teleports and shocks them both so hard they explode. Then Kratos kicks their souls down to the Underworld and proceeds to stomp on them there.

#21 Posted by dondave (38408 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kingjohnrocks:What exactly is in the scan

#22 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@Kingjohnrocks:What exactly is in the scan

That is sidious, without visible restraint (credit goes to Silver) creating a force storm that can rip into space time, suck away entire fleets and entire surfaces of cities. Imagine this, New York City. Imagine Palpatine standing in the middle. Alright so instantly he casts a Force Storm and the entire east coast is wiped out, instantly.

That's how powerful force storms are to my understanding.

#23 Posted by reikai (4327 posts) - - Show Bio

And Kratos beat a guy whose essential job in Mythology was holding up the Weight of the World. Raiden is composed of Ethereal energy. He can't ever really die. Even if you 'kill' the mortal form he takes, he'll just reconstitute it. Kratos is exceedingly difficult to kill as is, and even dying hasn't stopped him as he rips his way out of the Underworld to come back and tear more people apart.

In the comics, Kratos killed a monster the size of a large island.

Really though, it's not so fair to slaughter SW chars like this. It's like Fat Buu killing Babidi. His magic couldn't do jack against a jolly pink fatty who punched him so hard Babidi's head exploded violently. Neither Vader nor Sid can really hurt these two. Kratos can fly and knock around Titans that weigh tens of thousands of tons and Raiden can teleport, is immune to lightning and can travel between dimensions.

We have a Demigod who pretty much killed off every god on Olympus and a Thunder God who can never really die who fought with a small army of people whose collective power was so crazy that it actually started Armageddon.

#24 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

Vader is lower on the scale, But still quite powerful. About number 5 on the Top Ten List IIRC

On Topic: I think the Sith team win, but I don't know a signifacent amount about Team 2

#25 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716 said:

@Xanni15 said:

Vader is lower on the scale, But still quite powerful. About number 5 on the Top Ten List IIRC

On Topic: I think the Sith team win, but I don't know a signifacent amount about Team 2

Vader is top 5, really? Wow, never expected to see him that high.

#26 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: He has some great feats; and other Sith suck.

#27 Posted by ShootingNova (18270 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 theoretically stomp, but featwise its the other way around.

#28 Posted by fatalsniper728 (498 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716: vader is still somewhat powerful, if he didnt get burned, he would be the most powerful sith lord ever

#29 Posted by Laurcus (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716 said:

@Xanni15 said:

I'm only an expert on Kratos in this thread. Here's some details on him.

He out-muscles Atlas and Hercules. Atlas holds up the Earth, and Hercules has done so as well. He does this when he's comparatively weak too.

He has strong magic. He can instantly petrify people with a blast of magic from Medusa or Euryale's heads. This is very deadly, as he can follow it up with shattering his opponent. He has some other more generic magic attacks that I doubt would be extremely useful in this fight.

He has magic weapons capable of hurting gods such as Zeus.

His durability is one of his greatest assets, able to tank hits from beings like Atlas, Hercules and Zeus. In the case of Atlas note that he tried to crush Kratos but was unable to, yet he has the strength to hold up the Earth.

His most potent power is called Hope. Hope is more like a transformation. It manifests as blue fire in his eyes and around his hands, it makes him strong enough to easily defeat Zeus, and it gives him so much durability he becomes completely invincible to Zeus' attacks. While before he was close to equal with Zeus, after unlocking Hope he easily dominates him.

#30 Edited by onilordasmodeus (2549 posts) - - Show Bio

@Laurcus:

The thing about Kratos though, is that he didn't, and couldn't, beat the Gods under his own power. All of the Gods Kratos killed were weakened in some way by Pandora's Box, while Kratos himself was empowered by it and all the other weapons he gained.

Now I'm not trying to take anything away from him since he is very skilled, has proven himself to be pretty strong (though it's very inconsistent), and he does have a wide range of attacks/weapons at his disposal; but Kratos vs the force? The force wins everytime...unless you give him the PIS Hope ability. If Kratos get's hope then he solos since through hope he is basically immortal, can over power the will of a God.

With Hope awakened inside him, and all his amassed weapons, Kratos is the ultimate PIS machine.

#31 Posted by Laurcus (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus said:

@Laurcus:

The thing about Kratos though, is that he didn't, and couldn't, beat the Gods under his own power. All of the Gods Kratos killed were weakened in some way by Pandora's Box, while Kratos himself was empowered it and all the other weapons he gained.

Now I'm not trying to take anything away from him since he is very skilled, has proven himself to be pretty strong (though it's very inconsistent), and he does have a wide range of attacks/weapons at his disposal; but Kratos vs the force? The force wins everytime...unless you give him the PIS Hope ability. If Kratos get's hope then he solos since through hope he is basically immortal, can over power the will of a God.

With Hope awakened inside him, and all his amassed weapons, Kratos is the ultimate PIS machine.

Well, not everything you say is correct.

Athena only said Pandora's box "released the evil to the gods" she never stated what that meant. I always took that to mean that it was Pandora's box that was responsible for their tyrannical actions post God of War 1. I mean, Zeus goes from marginally helpful in GOW 1, to imma kill you and everything in any way related to you because I can.

I also don't think Kratos' strength is inconsistent. Odd and never fully explained, yes, but I can't call it inconsistent. The fact is, he never loses a contest of strength, except against Zeus at the start of GOW 2, and he was very clearly weakened and at death's door at that point. In every fight he is never overpowered by any god, titan or other boss creature. And most of the time it's not even a plot device. The only times when Hope is even unlocked is against Ares and the last part of the Zeus fight. Every other battle he wins on his own, even if he does have slightly PIS moments like taking Hades' weapon and ripping out his soul with it.

Kratos' durability is more inconsistent than his strength. Like the Colossus of Rhodes nearly killing him with one slap, yet in the same game he easily shrugs off freakin' Atlas trying to crush him.

#32 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2549 posts) - - Show Bio

@Laurcus:

PB made the Gods mortal / made Kratos Godly. Without PB Kratos wouldn't have been able to touch them as shown in his encounters with Ares before PB was opened.

Bottomline is that GoWs inconsistencies are many, but in all of them Kratos is at the center. He struggles against enemy number 493, and to life heavy doors, but can over power Chronos?...Atlas? As you pointed out he took Hades' own weapon from him and pulled his soul out with it.

Kratos is the Superman of video games; the wieght of the world can't crush him, Death's grip can't hold him, his will is greater than all the Gods, and skill in unmatched by any being living/death/ or other.

#33 Posted by Laurcus (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus said:

@Laurcus:

PB made the Gods mortal / made Kratos Godly. Without PB Kratos wouldn't have been able to touch them as shown in his encounters with Ares before PB was opened.

Bottomline is that GoWs inconsistencies are many, but in all of them Kratos is at the center. He struggles against enemy number 493, and to life heavy doors, but can over power Chronos?...Atlas? As you pointed out he took Hades' own weapon from him and pulled his soul out with it.

Kratos is the Superman of video games; the wieght of the world can't crush him, Death's grip can't hold him, his will is greater than all the Gods, and skill in unmatched by any being living/death/ or other.

The gods have always been, "mortal". Kratos kills Persephone before he opens Pandora's box. Pandora's box just gave Kratos the power of Hope, this was stated by Athena at the end of GOW 3. Your statements made about Pandora's box are either completely unfounded, or flat out contradicted by Athena.

And we don't really know that Kratos struggles to lift heavy doors. He just sort of grunts when he lifts them. Personally, I see that just as a game mechanic so Sony can add more QTEs to the games. For example, he's never shown to struggle with lifting the weight of a door in a cutscene, or in any of the boss battles. If anything, that's just a low showing caused by WIS, and therefore should be ignored..

#34 Edited by onilordasmodeus (2549 posts) - - Show Bio

@Laurcus:

Persephone can be chalked up to another one of the inconsistencies of the series over all.

Hope became the driving force of how Kratos could kill the Gods after GoW1, as that info didn't come about until the sequels (iirc). PB was in fact used to curse the Gods which stunted their power, ie made them angry(er), fearful, and everything else (they weren't themselves), and it also made Kratos the God killer he is/was.

Nothing could kill the Gods (except the Titans), which was why Kratos was told to go after PB specifically in the first place, which was in turn tied to the Titanomachy. The Gods weren't made mortal in the human sense (they weren't going to die of old age), they were still very much Gods (albeit infected), but they were very much made vulnerable to Kratos who was made into the God killer.

#35 Posted by Frocharocha (2344 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder how Palpatine and Vader would damage Kratos, the dude is way too resilient. He survived ridiculous powerful blasts that would blow up normal people.

#36 Posted by reikai (4327 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people misunderstand. Kratos isn't fighting "The Force" here. He's fighting Vader and Palpatine. They are not the Force. They are merely Users of it. And for all the talk of Kratos requiring the help of outside powers, Need I remind people that Palpatine did the exact same thing when he used his clone bodies by gradually draining the billions of people on the Planet Byss to bolster his powers and maintain his stamina.

Which is something he would lose when Luke rammed a SSD into the Galaxy Gun, causing it to explode and shoot at Byss, blowing it up in the process and cutting off Palpy's power supply.

#37 Posted by fatalsniper728 (498 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: so basically team 2 wins ?

#38 Edited by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

Team one should win. Raiden has no actual feats to show that he is one a characters like Thor's level and Kratos fought a watered down version of the Olympians.

#39 Posted by reikai (4327 posts) - - Show Bio

Basically. Vader and Sid don't have the juice to defeat Kratos, nor catch Raiden if he decides to just teleport and zip around blasting them with lightning.

#40 Posted by fatalsniper728 (498 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: palpatine is like a god, his force abilities are more powerful then any other jedi besides yoda

#41 Posted by reikai (4327 posts) - - Show Bio

And Luke, and apparently Luke's descendants. It doesn't matter what he's "like" when the fact remains he Isn't. Physically he's still only as durable as a Normal Human. One strike from Kratos would kill him instantly. There's no getting around that.

#42 Posted by fatalsniper728 (498 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: cant vader and sidious do anything to damage team 2 ?

#43 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@fatalsniper728 said:

He is a god, and more then powerful enough to take on both vader and sidious, vader is a non factor here, the second electricity hits he's done...kratos has taken out gods in his universe very formidable.

Team 2 stomps, if they use eu palpatine, i'll use elder god raiden, he solos them. game over. sidious is also not stronger then raiden...no evidence of such, and raiden can also teleport instantly anywhere..besides, kratos is also on his team here which people are just ignoring? The guy has taken down powerful gods, like someone else said a god and a god killer...will own the star wars team here...

For the guy who said Raiden has no feats, incorrect. Raiden has quite a few from healing people, flying Motaro rhough a bridge concrete and all liteally into deep water...defeated and banished shinnok during mk4's arch, caused the deaths of millions, entire civilizations, can and has traveled to other worlds instantly, can fly, use electricity however he wants and is ethereal meaning pure energy which can't be destroyed. Only reason he fights fair is the mortal form he takes do to the rules..he doesnt have to do or be like thor...dont know where that came from.

Sidious got beat by a shot to the back by hans solo and movie wise was hardly impressive, he died and got tossed off a space bridge by a dying, defeated one armed vader...

#44 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (25485 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vaeternus: He is a god, and more then powerful enough to take on both vader and sidious,

Show me Raiden reacting at near relativistic speeds,show me Raiden tanking something that can kill planets and destroy entire fleets of ships,show me Raiden resisting telepathy the has effected billions, show me Raiden tanking something the can cut through ship halls that can taking millions of pressure until this is a straw man argument.

Team 2 stomps, if they use eu palpatine, i'll use elder god raiden, he solos them. game over

This is comic vine of course it's going to be EU Palpatine because comics are considered C-canon which is EU unless stated this is standard Raiden.

sidious is also not stronger then raiden no evidence of such,

I guess draining the Life Force of and entire planet,effecting billion with telepathy,using Hyper Space Wormholes that can destroy entire fleets of ships, rip the surface of planets and rip holes through the very fabric of space and time,can fight at near Light Speed,light up an entire with Focre lighting not stronger then Raiden? Raiden has never done anything close to what the Emperor has.

kratos is also on his team here which people are just ignoring? The guy has taken down powerful gods, like someone else said a god and a god killer...will own the star wars team here...

Being a god killer does not mean anything when the gods you took down was not that powerful as you think and you have plot powers to help you out.

For the guy who said Raiden has no feats, incorrect. Raiden has quite a few from healing people, flying Motaro rhough a bridge concrete and all liteally into deep water...defeated and banished shinnok during mk4's arch, caused the deaths of millions, entire civilizations, can and has traveled to other worlds instantly, can fly, use electricity however he wants and is ethereal meaning pure energy which can't be destroyed.

That's good but none of these feats puts him above Palpatine.

Sidious got beat by a shot to the back by hans solo and movie wise was hardly impressive,

You need to really read Star Wars before you go low balling stating things that are out of context.And this is Comicvine which means comic version of the Emperor and since the comics are C-Canon that makes it EU,thus the version we are using.

#45 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you have any other thoughts?

#46 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

@fatalsniper728 said:

@reikai: palpatine is like a god, his force abilities are more powerful then any other jedi besides yoda

Wrong. He beat Yoda. Only JEDI who can beat him is Luke.

#47 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@ DCcomicsrule2011, Take your own advice, play an MK game or GOW game before judging so fast...you'd have to use EU versions of these characters just to make it fair otherwise Team 2 stomps totally...

Nope, sorry but if you're using EU Palpatine when clearly the OP uses movie versions via the photos then you're trying to use gaming versions of the characters lol double standard much, so in that case EG Raiden solos SW team. Period.

Raiden can fly and exist in space, travel between dimensions, destroy Earth if he wanted to but would not since it's his job to protect it and Banish people elsewhere. He's also pure ethereal energy, so good luck against that. Sideous nor Vader can fight that. Not to mention Raiden is immortal.

Disagree, Raiden's feats historically are far better then Palpatine for one Palpatine needs help, drones to build him bodys...not really immortal now are we if we need help to body transfer? Raiden comes back on his own as we saw in Deception so yes far more impressive, he's a God that can't die, can do many things with his powers he just doesn't, and can use time travel too so he'd just go back and kill Sidious before he becomes powerful. Besides, again if a dying one armed Vader can kill Sidious, then Raiden and Kratos will have no problem.

Team 2 murks Team 1.

#48 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (25485 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vaeternus: Take your own advice, play an MK game or GOW game before judging so fast...you'd have to use EU versions of these characters just to make it fair otherwise Team 2 stomps totally...

Comic= EU it is not that hard to understand.And I have seen feats from both Kratos and Raiden but you don't see me lowballing characters and stating out of context things like you have done.

Nope, sorry but if you're using EU Palpatine when clearly the OP uses movie versions via the photos then you're trying to use gaming versions of the characters lol double standard much, so in that case EG Raiden solos SW team. Period.

The photo means nothing read the forum rules if it is not specified we use comic versions this is Comicvine and I do not care if you use comic Raiden or video game Raiden.

Raiden can fly and exist in space, travel between dimensions,

Palpatine can mostly do all these things as well

destroy Earth if he wanted to but would not since it's his job to protect it and Banish people elsewhere

None of thess proves he can tank a Force Storm or can react at near light speed,show Raiden can destroy the Earth, I can show you Palpatine can do everything I say he can do if you like

He's also pure ethereal energy, so good luck against that

Not that it matters he can and has been hurt by less.

Disagree, Raiden's feats historically are far better then Palpatine

Where the feats I for Palpatine trumps the one for Raiden's

one Palpatine needs help, drones to build him bodys...not really immortal now are we if we need help to body transfer?

Why does this even matter?And yes his Sith Essence is Immortal, he just uses bodies as vessels.

Raiden comes back on his own as we saw in Deception so yes far more impressive,

It maybe, but all palpatine has to do is beat him ones he does not have to kill him for good.

he's a God that can't die, can do many things with his powers he just doesn't, and can use time travel too so he'd just go back and kill Sidious before he becomes powerful.

Right.... Show me Raiden time traveling, and if he could Palpatine would blitz him and decapitate him with his lightsaber. And why does he need to kill Raden all he has to do is K.o him why does he have to kill him?

Besides, again if a dying one armed Vader can kill Sidious, then Raiden and Kratos will have no problem.

Again with the lowball and straw man argument Palpatine was past his prime then the man needed a cane to get around for Pete sake.

Team 2 murks Team 1.

Nahh Palpatine can and would solo.

#49 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

You have to realize, Kratos and Raiden aren't as old as SW therefore there's less comics, gaming showings and most likely less feats...but even Lucas has said he considered the EU not canon to the movie universe of his universe so...Comics concerning MK aren't canon, Kratos I don't know since I don't follow him via comics but the games are and that's good enough.

Raiden can teleport instantly and IS pure energy...so yes he can, and proof of Sidious existing in space? Raiden did so during MK vs. DCU, in fact forget that it's not canon...he did it in MK 4 flying up to the sky practically in space before he became an EG....also proof of Sidious traveling in between dimensions? He's never done so...he's created black holes and taken out fleets in space via his powers, that's not the same as traveling between realms/worlds or dimensions...

No, Palpatine would die against Raiden as his best which would be Elder God Raiden he's solo team 2 in seconds...even normal Raiden would prove an issue for Vader and Sidious, Vader is a non factor in this battle.

#50 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (25485 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vaeternus: You have to realize, Kratos and Raiden aren't as old as SW therefore there's less comics, gaming showings and most likely less feats...but even Lucas has said he considered the EU not canon to the movie universe of his universe so...

What does any of this stuff have to do with the thread? This is Comicvine therefor comic version of characters as i said it really does not matter if you use video games or comics for team 2 the results would be the same.

Raiden can teleport instantly and IS pure energy...so yes he can, and proof of Sidious existing in space?

Palpatine has existed in space he done so when he traveled from Endor to Byss as his essence.

Raiden did so during MK vs. DCU, in fact forget that it's not canon...he did it in MK 4 flying up to the sky practically in space before he became an EG....also proof of Sidious traveling in between dimensions?

I never said he could not travel in space and I said Sidious could do most of those things I meaning he could fly and traveled in never meant to imply he could travel in different dimensions my mistake if you took it that way.

He's never done so...he's created black holes and taken out fleets in space via his powers, that's not the same as traveling between realms/worlds or dimensions

Actually Hyperspace is a different dimension then real space, so seeing as how Palpatine can travel through his Hyper Space Worm Holes, he can travel to different a dimension.

No, Palpatine would die against Raiden as his best which would be Elder God Raiden he's solo team 2 in seconds...

This is not Elder God Raiden it is standard unless specified, so no Raiden is not soloing.

even normal Raiden would prove an issue for Vader and Sidious, Vader is a non factor in this battle

No he would not Palpatine is far to fast for Raiden to beat, he is near light speed in combat and could beat Raiden with his lightsaber, and no Vader is not a non factor seeing as how he could beat Kratos.