ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@jaken7 said:

What in the world does that even mean?

LOL. Still - calling somebody's points "gibberish" can be relatively offensive. But I see what you mean.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#252  Edited By ShootingNova
@erkan12 said:

I am still believing Plagueis was the strongest, but I am not saying you are wrong.

LOL. How can you say I'm not wrong (which means I'm right), but then believe in something that completely contradicts my evidence and what I just disproved? How does that make sense? You either believe one is the most powerful, or the other. There's no middle ground. Moreover, your argument for believing Plagueis was because it's more recent, but my quotes are more recent.

Not that it matters. You can believe what you wish.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#253  Edited By JakeN7
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254  Edited By ShootingNova
FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

#255  Edited By FlashKnight

Team 2 stomps IMO

Nitsua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Team 2 wins, but I dont think it's a stomp.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#257  Edited By Erkan12

@nitsua said:

Team 2 wins, but I dont think it's a stomp.

No they would curstomp. Yoda or Plagueis can solo win. Putting there team Dooku-Anakin make this thing ridiculous.

Nitsua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@nitsua: Don't listen to Erkan when it comes to anything to do with Sidious vs Mace Windu, or Yoda, or Plagueis... or frankly anyone. He keeps posting total misinformation on the topic.

Nitsua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Yeah, I was still apprehensive after reading that. I stand by my original statement.

Nitsua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12 said:

Don't listen @i_like_swords when it comes to Sidious topics, he is just a sidious fanboy.

I have actually said on these forums as well as on PMs to Nova that I hate Sidious as a character. I can dig up quotes of me saying that if you like? Or I can just flat out tell you I hate Sidious.

I am in no way a fan of him and my opinion is based purely on objective facts confirmed by canon sources.

You, however, are obviously a very big fan of Mace Windu, so I question if your approach to this debate is quite the same as mine?

I liked you before Erkan, but calling me a fanboy is just disrespectful, and frankly you're just being stubborn in regards to this entire debate over Sidious capabilities.

Raycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

tough battle but team takes this.

Syndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By Syndicate

I believe the Team can take this 6/10.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: You really need to stop calling people fanboys. How many people have you called that? Please take a moment to consider yourself before you insult others.

Syndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to start calling Erkan an Erkan fanboy...

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By Erkan12

@shootingnova: Alright you right, sorry. Fanboys is little harsh, I will call ''Sidious supporters'' then.

And still team stomps Sidious.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team ftw. It just feels right lol

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By laflux

Oh and just to point out, my favorite Sith Lords are Bane and Plagueis, not Sidious.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275  Edited By Erkan12
No Caption Provided

Yoda solos.

Syndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God damn it Erkan get out of here! This thread is already decided.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By Erkan12

God damn it Erkan get out of here! This thread is already decided.

Do I know you ? What is this attitude ?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And here we are again.

Syndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This never ends.

taylan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team wins.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was bumped? This thread needs to be locked. Sidious gets stomped. Yoda or Plagueis are already on his caliber and can snatch a win against him, Yoda could potentially split if this is RotS Sidious. Adding in Dooku and Anakin makes this onesided.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@ssjdarthplagueis:

To be honest, I'm not sure yet. I would love to hear JXM, Nova's opinion on the out-come.

This is a very well thought of battle.

1 year ago DC was on crack, tbh.

Palpatine gets murked.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plagueis is sidious calibre? Don't know about that.....

Adding in plagueis here though means the odds shift in favor of the team. Anakin and Dooku aren't factors but they can run interference .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plagueis is sidious calibre? Don't know about that.....]

TPM, which is when he and Palpatine are at their most competitive in terms of a potential fight between them, isn't all that far from the clone wars. I'd say he's safely approaching Palpatine.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Plagueis is only approachable to Yoda by feats. Sidious is something else entirely.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plagueis is only approachable to Yoda by feats.

That he is.

Sidious is something else entirely.

Not really man.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289  Edited By Eisenfauste

@i_like_swords:

Not really man.

If we're looking at the disparity of power between the two then I'd say yes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: How far apart do you think Yoda and Palpatine are?

CIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope that this is supposed to be parody thread.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Well first off the Muun is noticeably less powerful than Yoda. His best force feats are, IIRC, nearly disintegrating some assassins with a force push, pulling down some rubble when his master was holding it aloft, amping his speed to keep up with teneb, amping himself to move very quickly in his fight with venamis etc. Unless I'm missing anything Yoda is far more impressive in raw force power, Palpatine is slightly more powerful than Yoda, at least the RotS version is.....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste:

You're forgetting the part where he and Palpatine matched their wills against the Force and won. I'd say that's an approachable enough feat.

There's one part in particular in Darth Plagueis that sums up how powerful he is pretty nicely, my analysis of it can be found below. Given his immense knowledge and study of the Force, which are pathways to power, as well as the raw power involved in his and Sidious' war against the Force itself, I'd say Plagueis is safely up there with Palpatine albeit below him to a degree.

From the start Tenebrous had told him that he lacked the talent for Sith sorcery, even though the inability hadn't owed to a deficiency of midichlorians. It's an innate gift, the Bith would say when pressed, and one that he had lacked, as well. Sorcery paled in comparison with Bith science, regardless. But Plagueis now understood that Tenebrous had been wrong about sorcery, as he had been wrong about so many things. Yes, the gift was strongest in those who, with scant effort, could allow themselves to be subsumed by the currents of the Force and become conduits for the powers of the dark side. But there was an alternative path to those abilities, and it led from a place where the circle closed on itself and sheer will substituted for selflessness. Plagueis understood, too, that there were no powers beyond his reach; none he couldn't master through an effort of will. If a Sith of equal power had preceded him, then that one had taken his or her secrets to the grave, or had locked them away in holocrons that had been destroyed or had yet to surface.

The question of whether he and Sidious had discovered something new or rediscovered something ancient was beside the point. All that mattered was that, almost a decade earlier, they had succeeded in willing the Force to shift and tip irrevocably to the dark side. Not a mere paradigm shift, but a tangible alteration that could be felt by anyone strong in the Force, and whether or not trained in the Sith or Jedi arts.

The shift had been the outcome of months of intense meditation, during which Plagueis and Sidious had sought to challenge the Force for sovereignty and suffuse the galaxy with the power of the dark side. Brazen and shameless, and at their own mortal peril, they had waged etheric war, anticipating that their own midichlorians, the Force's proxy army, might marshal to boil their blood or stop the beating of their hearts. Risen out of themselves, discorporate and as a single entity, they had brought the power of their will to bear, asserting their sovereignty over the Force. No counterforce had risen against them. In what amounted to a state of rapture they knew that the Force had yielded, as if some deity had been tipped from its throne. On the fulcrum they had fashioned, the light side had dipped and the dark side had ascended.

--Darth Plagueis

So, to recap:

• Plagueis' knowledge of the Force, and ability to master it, was so great that he could access powers such as Sith Sorcery with no inherent talent or knowledge, through sheer force of will, and claims that no power is beyond his reach for this very reason - and we know that all he did was study the Force.
  • He also notes that knowledge is a route to power, and that the only way a Sith before him could have matched his power is if they have any holocrons or knowledge hidden in tombs that are out of Plagueis' reach.
  • Plagueis and Sidious spent months meditating on the Force, waging war against it, pitting their willpower against the Force itself - and the Force is the party which yielded. The dark side began taking a great hold over the entire galaxy than before as a result of this completely unheard of feat.

The rest is just icing regarding Plagueis' delving into midichlorian manipulation, something nobody else up until that point had possessed the knowledge or mastery to replicate.

On the same day they had allowed Venamis to die.

Then, by manipulating the Bith's midichlorians, which should have been inert and unresponsive, Plagueis had resurrected him. The enormity of the event had stunned Sidious into silence and overwhelmed and addled 11-4D's processors, but Plagueis had carried on without assistance, again and again allowing Venamis to die and be returned to life, until the Bith's organs had given out and Plagueis had finally granted him everlasting death.

But having gained the power to keep another alive hadn't been enough for him. And so after Sidious had returned to Coruscant, he had devoted himself to internalizing that ability, by manipulating the midichlorians that animated him. For several months he made no progress, but ultimately he began to perceive a measured change. The scars that had grown over his wounds had abruptly begun to soften and fade, and he had begun to breathe more freely than he had in twenty years. He began to sense that not only were his damaged tissues healing, but his entire body was rejuvinating itself. Beneath the transpirator, areas of his skin were smooth and youthful, and he knew that eventually he would cease to age altogether.

Drunk on newfound power, then, he had attempted an even more unthinkable act: to bring into being a creation of his own. Not merely the impregnation of some hapless, mindless creature, but the birth of a Forceful being. The ability to dominate death had been a step in the right direction, but it wasn't equivalent to pure creation.And so he had stretched out -- indeed, as if invisible, transubstantiated -- to inform every being of his existence, and impact all of them: Muunoid or insectoid, secure or dispossessed, free or enslaved. A warrior waving a banner in triumph on a battlefield. A ghost infiltrating a dream.

But ultimately to no end. The Force grew silent, as if in flight from him, and many of the animals in his laboratory succumbed to horrifying diseases.

Regardless, eight long years later, Plagueis remained convinced that he was on the verge of absolute success. The evidence was in his own increased midichlorian count; and in the power he sensed in Sidious when he had finally returned to Sojourn. The dark side of the Force was theirs to command, and in partnership they would someday be able to keep each other alive, and to rule the galaxy for as long as they saw fit.

• Another momentous feat - Plagueis brings Venamis back to life by manipulating his midichlorians directly, and did so again and again until his organs gave way.
  • Taking the art of Midichlorian Manipulation even further, Plagueis uses it to manipulate his own midichlorians, and gradually heals himself of all of his grievous wounds, and soon finds in addition that his body is becoming youthful - he's already defeating the process of aging at this early stage.
  • Moving past this technique onto something even more advanced and unnatural, Plagueis begins to study the creation of life itself, and as we know he later on succeeds in the creation of a Forceful child.
  • Plagueis reaches out across the galaxy and informs every single living being in the galaxy, even beings in a non-corporeal state, of his existence and "impacts" all of them.
  • He increased the count of his own midichlorians, which is again, completely unheard of.

His best force feats are

[...]

Unless I'm missing anything Yoda is far more impressive in raw force power

And that's why Plagueis doesn't get the credit he warrants as a Force user. There are far more ways to prove or display power than telekinesis, augmentation and so on, yet people seem to think a character surely can't be as powerful as X if he hasn't lifted something really heavy. It's not all about feats or gtfo.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

palps

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295  Edited By Eisenfauste

@i_like_swords: Except when they matched wills and won palpatine was before his prime not exactly approachable IMO.

There are far more ways to prove or display power than telekinesis, augmentation and so on, yet people seem to think a character surely can't be as powerful as X if he hasn't lifted something really heavy

I think you're taking the "Knowledge is power" mantra too far. His knowledge, and subsequently mastery, of the force does give him power. I'd say his knowledge of the force surpasses yoda and rivals palpatine. That being said since this is related to combat, since that is the lens at which I'm looking at this theory of the muun being Sidious calibre, I'd say battle feats are going to be a better measuring stick. And in combat his feats are impressive but nothing to chalk him up to Sidious level. That's at least how I see it.

It's not all about feats or gtfo.

Except when it comes to most star wars threads it is all about feats. There are some threads that require context or interpretation, as well as translation to the masses ;P, this topic could very well have discussion value though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste:

Except when they matched wills and won palpatine was before his prime not exactly approachable IMO.

...the point wasn't that he matched Palpatine's will. It was that they.. beat the Force in a tug of war. And Plagueis wasn't in his prime either.

I think you're taking the "Knowledge is power" mantra too far. His knowledge, and subsequently mastery, of the force does give him power. I'd say his knowledge of the force surpasses yoda and rivals palpatine.

I'm not taking it for anything more than it is, and you're not exactly offering much of an alternative.

That being said since this is related to combat, since that is the lens at which I'm looking at this theory of the muun being Sidious calibre, I'd say battle feats are going to be a better measuring stick.

So... you don't think being an immensely powerful Force wielder would be useful in a combative situation?

And in combat his feats are impressive but nothing to chalk him up to Sidious level. That's at least how I see it.

And then you realize that "feats" don't necessarily do a character justice. A random example I'd use is Darth Talon; her best TK feat is smashing up a stone floor. Obviously she can do more than that given it was a low-effort feat, but using your system of "if it doesn't apply to combat I'm not considering it", then Talon's cap becomes stone-floor busting. It's the same with Plagueis; we've only seen him fight Venamis, and his only other combat feat involved him being extremely injured at the time so it's hardly a fair gauge (having said that the Maladian assassin feat is top tier; let me know when anyone short of at least a Yoda-tier being can disintegrate 12 armored assassins with a cut throat and 2 out of 3 failing hearts).

So, yeah, in the case of someone like Plagueis who doesn't have too many combat feats, you need another way to gauge him. His extensive mastery and knowledge of the Force, which is a means of attaining power every prominent Sith chooses, is that gauge. That, and, pitting you and Sidious' will against the Force and winning -- allowing the dark side to take a stronger hold of the entire galaxy than the light side -- is a monumental feat of power that itself justifies how powerful Plagueis is.

Except when it comes to most star wars threads it is all about feats.

Again, no, it's really not. A feat is just something you see someone doing; you're not always going to see the full capabilities of any given character, yet people still think running with a feats-only mindset is going to give them a full picture of what a character can do. You use everything, not just feats.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People overestimate Sidious. He was afraid of fighting Yoda because he knew the fight could go either way. The team stomps, but Sidious might take one of them out with him.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords

A feat is just something you see someone doing; you're not always going to see the full capabilities of any given character, yet people still think running with a feats-only mindset is going to give them a full picture of what a character can do.

You seem to have missed where I said I'm looking at this from a combat perspective. Of course 2 or 3 feats don't display all what a character is fully able to do. But combat applicable feats sure as heck show what they've done in battles and very well what they could do again in another battle. What plagueis is able to do in a controlled environment i.e. manipulating midichlorians and meditating to shift the balance of the force honestly has no bearing to this combat perspective I'm speaking of.

And Plagueis wasn't in his prime either.

Close to it.

I'm not taking it for anything more than it is, and you're not exactly offering much of an alternative.

Except you alluded that plagueis is more powerful than his feats suggest simply because he has an inherent talent at learning force techniques and has displayed an arguably pridigious knowledge of the inner workings of the force.

So... you don't think being an immensely powerful Force wielder would be useful in a combative situation?

Never said it wouldn't.

And then you realize that "feats" don't necessarily do a character justice. A random example I'd use is Darth Talon; her best TK feat is smashing up a stone floor. Obviously she can do more than that given it was a low-effort feat, but using your system of "if it doesn't apply to combat I'm not considering it", then Talon's cap becomes stone-floor busting.

See and now you're taking my comment out of context. Let me put it into context for you, in relation to the idea that plagueis is not Sidious calibre is simply from a combat angle. Since I'm looking at it from this angle naturally I'm going to ignore the manipulation of midi chlorians (can't use this in combat can we now), or his meditations with an apprentice etc.

To touch upon your last comment, "if it doesn't apply to combat I'm not considering it" I never said that. It's simply a gross interpretation from you because. . . . . idk why. Anyway I didn't think I had to make everything black and white with you but here's this. I do take into context battle feats, especially if said feat alludes to some form of casual effort. Taking Plagueis feats in context still shows he isn't of sidious calibre. Even below Yoda as well.

(having said that the Maladian assassin feat is top tier; let me know when anyone short of at least a Yoda-tier being can disintegrate 12 armored assassins with a cut throat and 2 out of 3 failing hearts).

It say's Plagueis did "everything but disintegrate them". And considering he is a Sith Lord whom have shown to literally thrive on pain and pull incredibly power from it I'm not surprised he was capable of this in his poor form. As to which people below Yoda that could match this? Hmmm Starkiller, Caedus ( I still don't believe he's below Yoda ;P), Exar (possibly), as well as a few others come to mind......

So, yeah, in the case of someone like Plagueis who doesn't have too many combat feats, you need another way to gauge him.

I can understand this to an extent but your interpretations of plagueis being approachable to sidious based on his knowledge of the force and a few other breakthrough's he's had is a tad stretching it. And speaking of needing to gauge a character on other things besides combat we're able to gauge TOR Jedi and Sith just fine, this excludes those who have a good number of combat feats obviously.

His extensive mastery and knowledge of the Force, which is a means of attaining power every prominent Sith chooses, is that gauge

An arbitrary gauge at that. At what point does said knowledge and mastery show X character being approachable to X character? At that point it is up to interpretation, and therein lies the problem with how you have presented Plagueis is Sidious calibre. It can be interpreted to varying degree's from different perspectives. Not exactly the most concrete way to discuss capabilities IMO.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste:

You seem to have missed where I said I'm looking at this from a combat perspective. Of course 2 or 3 feats don't display all what a character is fully able to do. But combat applicable feats sure as heck show what they've done in battles and very well what they could do again in another battle. What plagueis is able to do in a controlled environment i.e. manipulating midichlorians and meditating to shift the balance of the force honestly has no bearing to this combat perspective I'm speaking of.

I'm not saying his midichlorian manipulation is necessarily a combative power, though considering the progress he made in terms of healing his own body and achieving immortality it's not implausible at all. When Sidious was killing him, Plagueis was actively healing himself, it's just Sidious' lightning was killing him too quickly, which is more than understandable.

My main point is that Plagueis is evidently very powerful, which you seem to be agreeing with without agreeing...

Never said it wouldn't.

Right, so having agreed that Plagueis is indeed very powerful, and this will help him in combat, what point are you really trying to make?

Except you alluded that plagueis is more powerful than his feats suggest simply because he has an inherent talent at learning force techniques and has displayed an arguably pridigious knowledge of the inner workings of the force.

You'd do well not to try and quote my argument for me. Having said that I'm not suggesting he's more powerful than his feats suggest him to be; his feats actually do a good job of that themselves. But his immense knowledge of the Force from both his Banite lineage and his study into midichlorians - the very building blocks of the Force itself - again, are a testament to his power. You come off as if you're arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.

See and now you're taking my comment out of context. Let me put it into context for you, in relation to the idea that plagueis is notSidious calibre is simply from a combat angle.

And your only argument for Plagueis not being Sidious calibre "combatively" is that you seem to believe he hasn't got overt combat feats that are easy to grasp and trust like other characters. A thought process I pretty much detest when a reasonable argument can be made otherwise, and also one that isn't really true to begin with, because while scarce Plagueis does have fantastic combat showings.

Anyway I didn't think I had to make everything black and white with you but here's this.

You are hilarious.

I do take into context battle feats

>suggests that I need to be spoken to in a dumbed down manner

>"context battle feats"

Whatever, dude. Keep making a fool of yourself.

Taking Plagueis feats in context still shows he isn't of sidious calibre. Even below Yoda as well.

I didn't say he was on-par with either, just approachable.

It say's Plagueis did "everything but disintegrate them".

You clearly haven't even read the passage, nor do you know what disintegrate means. It says Plagueis "all but atomized" the assassins; atomizing meaning reducing something to atoms. Disintegrating something means to reduce it to many small pieces, which isn't the same as atomizing. Hope that was black and white enough for ya.

And considering he is a Sith Lord whom have shown to literally thrive on pain and pull incredibly power from it I'm not surprised he was capable of this in his poor form.

This stops being a fair point when you choose to actively ignore that not only was he suffering from major, major organ damage and blood loss, which is well past drawing on pain, but even the text from the fight itself tells us that he was devoting much of his energy to just staying alive.

As to which people below Yoda that could match this? Hmmm Starkiller, Caedus ( I still don't believe he's below Yoda ;P), Exar (possibly), as well as a few others come to mind......

And I suppose you've got a compelling argument for any of them disintegrating 12 armored beings while suffering from equivalent injuries to Plagueis, right?

At what point does said knowledge and mastery show X character being approachable to X character? At that point it is up to interpretation, and therein lies the problem with how you have presented Plagueis is Sidious calibre. It can be interpreted to varying degree's from different perspectives. Not exactly the most concrete way to discuss capabilities IMO.

If Plagueis wasn't also sporting feats like successfully engaging the fracking Force in a tug of war, disintegrating armored beings while devoting most of his energy to surviving extensive organ failure, and so on, then nah, I wouldn't suggest knowledge alone makes him Sidious-tier. Luckily he has both, and both allude to him being very high tier. I understand if you want to disagree but at least make a good argument for it instead of whatever you want to call this.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure Sidious and Plagueis didn't actually overcome the will of the Force, but instead their various rituals caused the Force create a reverse effect to oppose them.