Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cadencev2: I'll take a look and respond when I have time.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Strider1992

@shootingnova said:

@cadencev2: I'll take a look and respond when I have time.

Kharn is one of the hardest people to match in a a battle scenario due to his power set. He looks like he should high tier street level but then he goes and pulls off stuff that make him a match for the Hulk. I always kind of think of him as 40k's Midnighter because they both do insane things on a regular basis.

As usual Kharn's major advantage is his ability to negate any form of attack other than physical ones. Due to the mark of Khorne anything outside of physical combat doesn't effect him. Ie: Tk, Tp, Illusions, Magic etc... this is the most haxed part about him. The only way to beat him is by being better than him in physical combat anything else is useless. He's durable enough to take blows from a Primarch with only a couple of broken ribs. Namely Angron who is a multi-thousand tonner and was pretty pissed off at the time. The next most haxed thing about him is Gorechild. Gorechild is a demonic deamon axe that essentially allows him to suck the soul out of anyone he lands a square hit on. A small cut won't do much but a full on strike would.

Are EU feats allowed for Sidious or just film ones?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: EU feats would be allowed unless stated otherwise, however we can still only use feats up to RotS because the OP specified so.

Does he possess the ability to react?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Well Kharn does blitz mach 2 characters with ease but its not the same as Sidious's near lightspeed reactions (which I assume he still has here?). However despite his speed its his durability that he relies on in situations when he's outclassed. As previously stated his blunt fore trauma resistance is VERY high, his healing factor allowed him to have his chest ripped open then go on to kill 1millions Marines at the battle of Lion's Gate and ontop of that since the latest edition Codex he now has an Aura Of Dark Glory which is essentially the Chaos version of an Iron Halo.

But to be completely honest I don't know enough about Sidious to accurately compare. Maybe you can shed some light on his stats?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ShootingNova

@strider92: Well, I'm wondering if Sidious's high speeds could give him enough power combined with his naturally Force-enhanced strength which matched both Maul's and Savage's (whilst he was toying with them) the strength necessary to defeat Kharn. I'll assess their strengths later when I have the time.

Would Lightning work on Kharn? It's still physical.....

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Strider1992

@shootingnova: Kharn's resistance is kind of weird. No one really knows how it works. Up until pretty recently (like a year or so) it was thought to only be effective against warp-based powers but he's been shrugging off non-warp based pisonics too (Ie: Hive Mind and Warrrgh) and as the Blood God dislikes any form of combat aside from physical combat and deems them cowardly it does stand to reason that he would stop anything that is outside the parameters of physical trauma from effecting Kharn. Heck he can't even be BFR'd from reality by reality warpers or sucked into warp rifts in 40k. The guy is the living embodiment of close combat.

However he can indirectly be effected by pisonics. For example you can't hold him in place with telekinesis but you could still use TK to pick up a rock and throw it at him. I doubt force lightning would effect as its directed at Kharn himself the same way warpfire doesn't effect him but using his TK to throw stuff at him is still an option.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

this is very interesting

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ShootingNova

@strider92: Hmm. So in this case this would likely be a stalemate unless Palpatine has the ability to physically kill Kharn.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kharn in the last years had a massive series of power-ups.

He should take this.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: Hmm. So in this case this would likely be a stalemate unless Palpatine has the ability to physically kill Kharn/

Kharn can be killed via physical means. In fact he died at Lion's Gate after killing 1 million marines, having a Land Raider tear his chest open and dualing Loken and Sigismund but the Blood God just respawned him lol. However a decap should put him out of commision temporarily just like Deadpool. Well enough to count as a win anyway.

So the answer is yes Sidious probably can kill him if he goes for a decap. Your assessement seems pretty acurate as Sidious is significantly faster so can land more hits whereas Kharn is slower but stupidly durable and could in theory one-shot with Gorechild if he landed a square hit. The 40k fan in me wants to say Kharn but honestly it could go either way and if Sidious decieded he was going to go for a decap straight off the bat then he would most likely win. It all depends on the circumstances of the fight.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: Hmm. The RotS movie appears to show Sidious favoring Shiak maneuvers, which are stabs, although in the novelization Sidious killed both Tinn and Fisto via Sai Cha, which is decapitation. On the other hand, given Palpatine's near-relativistic fighting speeds I don't think Kharn could land a direct hit. We don't have information regarding if Palpatine has Essence Transfer as of RotS, which means he likely won't be able to apply it in this fight anyways. So, if Kharn lands a hit, which I somewhat doubt, then he could win.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet Battle

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: It'll probably be easier to judge the outcome of this fight once we've seen Kharn's showdown with Azrael which is happening very soon!

No Caption Provided

Dear god that promotional art is gorgeous /drools!

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShootingNova

@strider92: I'm assuming Kharn is the one on the left, right?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Yep. the one who looks like he's getting pwned which makes me vexed! He should beat Azrael but I bet the writers are gonna go all "Spehs Mahreens rulez we make them win all!"

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ShootingNova

@strider92: LOL. It looks like a stalemate to me.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Strider1992

@strider92: LOL. It looks like a stalemate to me.

NUUUUUUUUUUUU Kharn must kill him and give his skull to Khorne!!! I shall accept nothing less!! Death to the false Emperor!

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ShootingNova

@strider92: LOL. In any case I'm beginning to enter a realm in which I am almost completely ignorant, so I shall bow myself out of this.....

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Strider1992

@shootingnova: I unleashed a bit of hidden bitterness against the Imperium as we ex-Chaos players do from time to time!

Avatar image for revantheknowledegecarrier
RevanTheKnowledegeCarrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does force ount as psychic power?

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TK is not completely useless against Kharn if I understand his ability right, Sidious can still fling heavy objects at him? he just cannot mind control him or BFR him right?

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TK is not completely useless against Kharn if I understand his ability right, Sidious can still fling heavy objects at him? he just cannot mind control him or BFR him right?

You can't mind control anger. he prolly could BFR its unlikely for sidious to do that right off the bat.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It could go either way.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sidious literally blitzes the sh*t out of him, or he should be able to.

if kharn is able to react, highly doubt it, then he gets chopped to pieces.

Corvus123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Corvus123

Kharn !

Avatar image for windshieldwiper
Windshieldwiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Kharns armor grants him force immunity like it does for the warp, he wins, without it Sidious could win if he abuses the force

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kharn

jamkid23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jamkid23

Disney Canon Sidious gets stomped.

EU Sidious can probably find a way to kill Kharn.

SWA2point0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jamkid23 said:

Disney Canon Sidious gets stomped.

EU Sidious can probably find a way to kill Kharn.

JoshTaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Know next to nothing about sidious other than canon movies. So imma say kharn takes it

Avatar image for manofmanynames2
ManOfManyNames2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kharn is a Warhammer character right?

BibleBasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BibleBasher

I feel that Kharn should win this.

Khorne's blessing might interfere and undermine the Force powers while at the same time, Kharn's armor and evilish aura might counter the physical attacks.

Kharn is extremely ferocious and skilled so he might win the swordsmanship part with ease too.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Kharn