• 78 results
#1 Posted by Thespellbreaker (23 posts) - - Show Bio

darth sidious vs all justice league members except flash all in their current version

palpy is eu version

morals off bloodlust on

battle ends in death.

2 hours prep for both

who wins?

#2 Posted by oceanmaster21 (9156 posts) - - Show Bio

@thespellbreaker: with prep sidious will know how dangerous the leagje is so he just cause a whormwhole to open up and suck them up hoever ww might be a problem

#3 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Jl

#4 Posted by isaac_clarke (5545 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering the League keeps getting KOed by villains who introduce themselves with a show of magical lightning - they might be in some danger here.

#5 Posted by Bruxae (14497 posts) - - Show Bio

JL.

#6 Posted by Anal_Vomit (759 posts) - - Show Bio

JL.

#8 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7511 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (28394 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

JL w/ some difficulty.

#11 Posted by JediXMan (31679 posts) - - Show Bio

Rosters?

#12 Posted by AllStarSuperman (24099 posts) - - Show Bio

@thespellbreaker: with prep sidious will know how dangerous the leagje is so he just cause a whormwhole to open up and suck them up hoever ww might be a problem

you would

#13 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7511 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (28394 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7511 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1 said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@kingjohnrocks: which specific Expanded Universe are we going on?

There is only one expanded Universe. -__-

than how did K'kruhk die twice?

I have no idea who that even is....Doesn't matter though. There is only one EU.

I'm not an expert on what Comicvine considers cannon, but I'm fairly sure statements don't count if you made them up and their obviously false

#16 Posted by oceanmaster21 (9156 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: ahhh shjt superman here damm it i saud use kryptonite now our plans are ruined maybe if i get away superman wont know i killed bman

#17 Posted by JediXMan (31679 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by JediXMan (31679 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

I'm not an expert on what Comicvine considers cannon, but I'm fairly sure statements don't count if you made them up and their obviously false

There are different levels of canon. However, "expanded universe" encompasses everything that is not the movies.

#19 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (28394 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

What are you talking about? There is only one EU not multiple's it's obvious you have no idea what you're talking about.

There is G-Canon and There is EU. There is no other "EU".

It doesn't surprise me though, given your battle forum track record.

#20 Posted by Juiceboks (11977 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7511 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

There are different levels of canon. However, "expanded universe" encompasses everything that is not the movies.

That doesn't make any sense, as there are obviously multiple non-movie universes

Plenty of EU stories portray a Palpatine weaker than other EU stories (couldn't force open the doors to his own chamber in IG-88's story)

#22 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7511 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

What are you talking about? There is only one EU not multiple's it's obvious you have no idea what you're talking about.

There is G-Canon and There is EU. There is no other "EU".

It doesn't surprise me though, given your battle forum track record.

first of all, AD Hominem

second, we see very different pictures of the Clone Wars in various EU publications

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

He never died..he feigned death when Grievous struck him down.

when was that established?

#23 Edited by JediXMan (31679 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Beezlebub (1864 posts) - - Show Bio

Sidious /thread

#25 Edited by JediXMan (31679 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1:

There are contradictions in comic books all the time; doesn't mean that the story is suddenly non-canon. What you have stated, however, is not a contradiction.

By default, unless otherwise specified, all EU sources are C-canon. If there are contradictions, one source is usually held higher, or retcons are made.

What sources portray Palpatine as "weaker," however? For the most part, Palpatine is quite consistent. He has, however, grown in power. For example: Palpatine in Revenge of the Sith is not as powerful as he would become in Dark Empire.

#26 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (28394 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1:

first of all, AD Hominem

Nah not and AD Hominem. I never disregarded your post. I only said I'm not surprised to see you debate this way.

second, we see very different pictures of the Clone Wars in various EU publications

What? I can't even understand what this is even supposed to mean.

There is only G-Canon and EU there is no other EU, there is different forms of cannocity but only one EU.

What does different pictures have to do with anything of relevance?

#27 Edited by Juiceboks (11977 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@juiceboks said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

No, he didn't feign death. K'kruhk is legitimately immortal, or at least extremely difficult to kill.

Not technically no..but my point was that he didn't die. It's a trait of his whole species to be almost impossible to get rid of due to a healing state ability IIRC.

@betatesthighlander1 Right after Grievous and his army left, K'Kruhk got back up.

#28 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7511 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@betatesthighlander1:

There are contradictions in comic books all the time; doesn't mean that the story is suddenly non-canon. What you have stated, however, is not a contradiction.

By default, unless otherwise specified, all EU sources are C-canon. If there are contradictions, one source is usually held higher, or retcons are made.

What sources portray Palpatine as "weaker," however? For the most part, Palpatine is quite consistent. He has, however, grown in power. For example: Palpatine in Revenge of the Sith is not as powerful as he would become in Dark Empire.

The line of divide doesn't make any sense though, if everything x cannon counts, than the movies also count because they have the comic re-makes and novelizations, in which case Palpatine was still killed by being thrown into a pit.

#29 Posted by JediXMan (31679 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@juiceboks said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

No, he didn't feign death. K'kruhk is legitimately immortal, or at least extremely difficult to kill.

Not technically no..but my point was that he didn't die. It's a trait of his whole species to be almost impossible to get rid of IIRC.

What do you mean "not technically?" Completely immortal is unknown. However, he has been killed many times, by his own admission.

"I've died any number of times in my life. Or so I've heard."

- Source: Star Wars: Legacy #11

So, technically, he is "extremely difficult to kill," as he has never stayed dead, despite numerous attempts.

@betatesthighlander1 Right after Grievous and his army left, K'Kruhk got back up.

Not immediately. Note that he wasn't on the Republic Gunship when the ARC troopers picked up Ki Adi-Mundi, Aayla Secura, and Shaak Ti.

The point is that he didn't stay dead.

#30 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (28394 posts) - - Show Bio

Can people keep me out of the quote box please? My notification is getting spammed up. -__-

#31 Posted by JediXMan (31679 posts) - - Show Bio

The line of divide doesn't make any sense though, if everything x cannon counts, than the movies also count because they have the comic re-makes and novelizations, in which case Palpatine was still killed by being thrown into a pit.

He was killed in Episode VI. He just came back via Essence Transfer.

Again, no contradiction. In Episode VI, they think he's dead; in Dark Empire, Luke is surprised to see that the Emperor is alive. Palpatine himself admits that he did die, hence why he is in a clone body. So it still fits.

For the record: whether it's canon or not, it's still part of the Expanded Universe.

#32 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (2010 posts) - - Show Bio

Dear goodness..

#33 Posted by JediXMan (31679 posts) - - Show Bio

Can people keep me out of the quote box please? My notification is getting spammed up. -__-

Same.

#34 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7511 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1:

first of all, AD Hominem

Nah not and AD Hominem. I never disregarded your post. I only said I'm not surprised to see you debate this way.

There is only G-Canon and EU there is no other EU, there is different forms of cannocity but only one EU.

I recall the Thrawn trilogy offering us a Clone Wars that lasted like, 10 years

also, Assajj Ventress was killed by pre-knight Anakin, fled the galaxy after a confrontation fo post knight-Anakin, and fought Kenobi after Anakin was knighted

Durge was also both exploded and shot into the sun, and Cartoon Kenobi left Durge dismembered, suggesting Cartoon Obi-Wan had no idea Durge would reform (Obi-wan is usually pretty responsible and forward-thinking) yet he was surprised by Durge's regenerative abilities when he met him in Dark Horse's Clone Wars comic.

#35 Posted by Juiceboks (11977 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman I meant he didn't technically feign death..I was agreeing with you on that point.

I honestly don't remember the exact time it took for him to get back up, it's been years since I've seen CW. Point is though, he's still alive and kicking even after the Imperial-Sith War.

#36 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7511 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

He was killed in Episode VI. He just came back via Essence Transfer.

Again, no contradiction. In Episode VI, they think he's dead; in Dark Empire, Luke is surprised to see that the Emperor is alive. Palpatine himself admits that he did die, hence why he is in a clone body. So it still fits.

For the record: whether it's canon or not, it's still part of the Expanded Universe.

But if he really does have planetary KT and whatnot shouldn't he have been able to avoid dying from a pitfall?

#37 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (28394 posts) - - Show Bio

I

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@betatesthighlander1:

first of all, AD Hominem

I recall the Thrawn trilogy offering us a Clone Wars that lasted like, 10 years

also, Assajj Ventress was killed by pre-knight Anakin, fled the galaxy after a confrontation fo post knight-Anakin, and fought Kenobi after Anakin was knighted

Durge was also both exploded and shot into the sun, and Cartoon Kenobi left Durge dismembered, suggesting Cartoon Obi-Wan had no idea Durge would reform (Obi-wan is usually pretty responsible and forward-thinking) yet he was surprised by Durge's regenerative abilities when he met him in Dark Horse's Clone Wars comic.

I'm not even going to entertain this nonsense anymore.....

This is the official canon class stated by Leland Chee:

G-Canon

: George Lucas Canon. This is the highest canon class. Under this class is any and all material of or relating to the six Star Wars movies. As well, there are certain events, characters, or concepts that Lucas has acknowledged as being part of his universe, such as Darth Bane and the Rule of Two. However, despite Bane's existence in Lucas's Star Wars, his backstory or any major information regarding him, or any other character/concept not mentioned in the movies, is unknown. Now, there is some question concerning whether the novelizations of the movies are G-Canon. The technical defining parameters of G-Canon include all material associated with the movies, but in general, the movies are the only source material regarded as G-Canon.

T-Canon

: Television Canon. This is the canon class that involves any televised Star Wars stories, such as the Clone Wars. Although George Lucas has had some involvement in various Star Wars shows, they are not technically part of his universe and are reserved for this class. T-Canon is the second highest canon class and is the highest ranking class made up of EU information.

C-Canon

: Continuity Canon. This is the main EU canon class. Beside TV shows, C-Canon constitutes all EU material. This includes novels, comics, video games, audio dramas, etc. Because C-Canon has the broadest scope of material under it, this will be the canon class most often referred to when citing the EU and is, as a result, the most important canon class, next to G-Canon.

S-Canon

: Secondary Canon. This is a class defined as ambiguously canon. It includes anything that has yet to be confirmed as canon or material that may or may not be canon anymore.

N-Canon

: Non Canon. This is fairly straightforward. N-Canon pertains to anything in the Star Wars universe of any media form that has been specifically stated as non-canon. There are a select few things that have been established as being universally N-Canon, regardless of what they originated from. The prime example of this is game mechanics (character upgrades, semantics of fights, etc.). Although the story lines in Star Wars video games are canon (barring alternate endings), game mechanics are always N-Canon. N-Canon is typically referred to in Star Wars media as Infinities.

There is only one EU, let's stop playing with the scissors and cut the crap okay?

#38 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (28394 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: But if he really does have planetary KT and whatnot shouldn't he have been able to avoid dying from a pitfall

1. He does not have planetery TK

2. Anakin fulfilled the Chosen One prophesy, by killing Palpatine and it was also suggested Vader was possibly entered oneness to do it.

But again why do I even bother?

#39 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7511 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: Yes, a statement specifically saying there are multiple EU's

Leland listed off 4 separate continuities that were not the movies(t, C, S & N)

glad we can agree

#40 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (28394 posts) - - Show Bio

glad we can agree

No they're are different levels of canon but they're all considered EU and connected.

Thanks for doing nothing but stating incorrect information here.

Please learn a thing or two about EU before posting in the threads.

#41 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7511 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: But if he really does have planetary KT and whatnot shouldn't he have been able to avoid dying from a pitfall

1. He does not have planetery TK

2. Anakin fulfilled the Chosen One prophesy, by killing Palpatine and it was also suggested Vader was possibly entered oneness to do it.

But again why do I even bother?

1 Force Storms?

Palopatine did this with his TK

2. that statement doesn't really make any sense

#42 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7511 posts) - - Show Bio

glad we can agree

No they're are different levels of canon but they're all considered EU and connected.

Thanks for doing nothing but stating incorrect information here.

Please learn a thing or two about EU before posting in the threads.

And the EU is also connected to the movies(more strongly than with other EU most of the time), so by your logic the movies are also part of the EU

Your the one who's stating that five is somehow equal to two, and using statements taht go exactly agaisnt what yoru saying as evidence

#43 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (28394 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1:

And the EU is also connected to the movies(more strongly than with other EU most of the time), so by your logic the movies are also part of the EU

They are apart from the EU. As I stated before:

"There is only G-Canon and EU there is no other EU, there is different forms of cannocity but only one EU."

Are you even reading what I posting?

Your the one who's stating that five is somehow equal to two, and using statements taht go exactly agaisnt what yoru saying as evidence

Canon classes =/= Another EU how are they even remotely the same thing?

#44 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7511 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1:

They are apart from the EU. As I stated before:

"There is only G-Canon and EU there is no other EU, there is different forms of cannocity but only one EU."

Are you even reading what I posting?

I am, but you really seem to be making that up. the official statements give five continuities or one, your trying to argue taht there are 2.

I'm really not understanding where your coming from with that assumption

Canon classes =/= Another EU how are they even remotely the same thing?

canon=universe in pretty much any fiction.

#45 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (28394 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1:

I am, but you really seem to be making that up. the official statements give five continuities or one, your trying to argue taht there are 2.

No I'm not. They are different canon classes. Meaning if something happens in the Clone Wars show that contradicts the comic or novel, the Clone Wars show get's the upper hand since it has a higher canon class. But they're all the same Universe just different canon classes, not canons.

Canon classes, not canon. There is obviously a difference.

Lucas even stated they're only tow different Universe; G-Canon and EU:

There are two worlds here," explained Lucas. "There’s my world, which is the movies, and there’s this other world that has been created, which I say is the parallel universe—the licensing world of the books, games and comic books. They don’t intrude on my world, which is a select period of time, [but] they do intrude in between the movies. I don’t get too involved in the parallel universe.

#46 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7511 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1:

No I'm not. The canon classes. Meaning if something happens in the Clone Wars show that contradicts the comic or novel, the Clone Wars show get's the upper hand since it has a higher canon class. But they're all the same Universe just different canon classes, not canons.

that doesn't make any sense in supporting the "One EU version" argument. if they take place in places where entirely different things happen, than they aren't cannon with each other. and if they aren't cannon with each other, taht would mean that feats don't cross over between them. and if feats don't cross between them, than there would be multiple versions of a given character, so there would be multiple EU Palpatines.

Canon classes, not canon. There is obviously a difference.

Lucas even stated they're only tow different Universe; G-Canon and EU:

There are two worlds here," explained Lucas. "There’s my world, which is the movies, and there’s this other world that has been created, which I say is the parallel universe—the licensing world of the books, games and comic books. They don’t intrude on my world, which is a select period of time, [but] they do intrude in between the movies. I don’t get too involved in the parallel universe.

And he also specifically states that he doesn't "get to involved" implying he owuldn't be aware if there were multiple

which there obviously are, considering

and

are both contradictory to all the EU showing post Jedi versions of the deceased characters in question.

#47 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (28394 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1:

that doesn't make any sense in supporting the "One EU version" argument. if they take place in places where entirely different things happen, than they aren't cannon with each other. and if they aren't cannon with each other, taht would mean that feats don't cross over between them. and if feats don't cross between them, than there would be multiple versions of a given character, so there would be multiple EU Palpatines.

What are you talking about? There does not take a place where entirely different things happen. Honestly you're reaching to this point.

And he also specifically states that he doesn't "get to involved" implying he owuldn't be aware if there were multiple

No it doesn't. It means he doesn't create any EU stories and such. Lucas looks over and approve EU works, so he should know if they're are multiple Universe In his own Universe he created.

No there not. The creator said so. The creator>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Your bias and ignorant opinion.

#48 Posted by JediXMan (31679 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman I meant he didn't technically feign death..I was agreeing with you on that point.

I honestly don't remember the exact time it took for him to get back up, it's been years since I've seen CW. Point is though, he's still alive and kicking even after the Imperial-Sith War.

True. Though it's worth noting that we never see him get up in the series.

But if he really does have planetary KT and whatnot shouldn't he have been able to avoid dying from a pitfall?

Because the Force said so.

I realize it's a lame response, but it's a theory that I tend to agree with. The extent of Anakin's ability to destroy the Sith comes down to being capable of killing Palpatine. Not because he's more powerful (which he's not), but simply because he is the Chosen One is he able to simply pick up Palpatine and toss him down the shaft. The Force says that the Chosen One destroys the Sith, and that's what happened. That's the reason he was killed in that way.

Now, there's the argument that he didn't completely destroy the Sith, but that's an argument for another time.

#49 Posted by JediXMan (31679 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1:

Alternate endings are N-canon, meaning that they are not canon. But they are still part of the EU, technically.

But when somebody says EU, they usually mean what's canon. It's quite clear what is and what is not canon, if you do your research. There are comics specifically printed as the Star Wars equivalent of Elseworlds or What Ifs, which is what an alternate ending is.

#50 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7511 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1:

What are you talking about? There does not take a place where entirely different things happen. Honestly you're reaching to this point.

Yes there are. Assajj Ventress died multiple times and left the galaxy for one. You even specifically stated that they contradict each other. now suddenly they don't contradict each other and have the exact same things happen in them?

No it doesn't. It means he doesn't create any EU stories and such. Lucas looks over and approve EU works, so he should know if they're are multiple Universe In his own Universe he created.

No he doesn't, the quote you showed had him specifically stating that he tried to have no involvment in it. your contradicting yourself

No there not. The creator said so. The creator>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Your bias and ignorant opinion.

OK, now your getting a bit irrational. Could you tell me which universe Han going to Earth and dying fits into?

But even ignoring your willing blindness, what you said is provably false, George Lucas did not create the EU, he has stated this

"After Star Wars was released, it became apparent that my story—however many films it took to tell—was only one of thousands that could be told about the characters who inhabit its galaxy. But these were not stories that I was destined to tell. Instead, they would spring from the imagination of other writers, inspired by the glimpse of a galaxy that Star Wars provided. Today, it is an amazing, if unexpected, legacy of Star Wars that so many gifted writers are contributing new stories to the Saga."―George Lucas, from the introduction of Splinter of the Mind's Eye, 1996[src]

so, yeah, wrong by pretty much all accounts on that one