• 142 results
mrbobdobalina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mrbobdobalina

Whatever are their most powerful incarnations, those are the versions in this battle. 

I am pretty sure Darkseid's most powerful incarnation is Pre-Crisis(correct me if I am wrong). Can someone let me know about Sidious' most powerful incarnation? 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

How far apart do they start? As far as I'm concerned, it's more or less who it's first.  

Palpatine's most powerful incarnation is this: 

No Caption Provided

mrbobdobalina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mrbobdobalina
@JediXMan said:
" How far apart do they start? As far as I'm concerned, it's more or less who it's first.  

No Caption Provided
"
So distance really matters in this fight? Why?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@mrbobdobalina: 

Because if Darkseid can hit Palpatine with the Omega Sanction, I think he'd win (not sure he could transfer his soul to escape that). However, based on what I've seen, the Omega Sanction is not lightning fast. If Palpatine is able to hit Darkseid with Force Storm before being hit with the sanction, he'd win. Well, he might win the way Batman won.... depends.

Hmm. I wonder if Palpatine could possess Darkseid?
Avatar image for greenlantern555
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GreenLantern555
@JediXMan said:
" @mrbobdobalina:   Because if Darkseid can hit Palpatine with the Omega Sanction, I think he'd win (not sure he could transfer his soul to escape that). However, based on what I've seen, the Omega Sanction is not lightning fast. If Palpatine is able to hit Darkseid with Force Storm before being hit with the sanction, he'd win. Well, he might win the way Batman won.... depends. Hmm. I wonder if Palpatine could possess Darkseid? "
But how fast is the Force Storm? I also think that Darkseid's mind may be greater than Palpatine, IMO.
mrbobdobalina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mrbobdobalina
@JediXMan said:
" @mrbobdobalina:   Because if Darkseid can hit Palpatine with the Omega Sanction, I think he'd win (not sure he could transfer his soul to escape that). However, based on what I've seen, the Omega Sanction is not lightning fast. If Palpatine is able to hit Darkseid with Force Storm before being hit with the sanction, he'd win. Well, he might win the way Batman won.... depends. Hmm. I wonder if Palpatine could possess Darkseid? "
So, they both start 100 feet away. Now what? 

Also, would prep for Darkseid give him an edge? 

Also, is there a name for this incarnation of Sidious (i.e. like they have for "Pre-Crisis Darkseid". Is this like "Post-Movie Palpatine" or something?) 

Also, Palpatine in this incarnation, what is he capable of?
Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#7  Edited By Dracade102

Darkseid.

mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mattek

Darkseid wipes the floor with Palpatine.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@GreenLantern555 said:
" @JediXMan said:
But how fast is the Force Storm? I also think that Darkseid's mind may be greater than Palpatine, IMO. "
Fast enough to travel through multiple systems. But how fast it takes to accumulate.... eh..... I guess a few seconds. That's why I said that it depends on how far apart they are.

Also, does Palpatine get any of his clones?
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GreenLantern555
@JediXMan said:
" @GreenLantern555 said:
" @JediXMan said:
But how fast is the Force Storm? I also think that Darkseid's mind may be greater than Palpatine, IMO. "
Fast enough to travel through multiple systems. But how fast it takes to accumulate.... eh..... I guess a few seconds. That's why I said that it depends on how far apart they are.  Also, does Palpatine get any of his clones? "
I think the Omega Sanction would be faster just because there is no prep for it. He just sends them out.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@mrbobdobalina:

1. Hmm..... eh....... well, Batman was about ten feet from him and it took like three seconds to hit him (Batman had enough time to fire the gun, release his grip on the gun, and say "Gotcha" before it reached him, so I'm assuming like three seconds - though two might be closer). So at that rate, I guess it would take 30 seconds (3 seconds to travel ten feet. So multiply that by another 90 feet, so that'd be thirty seconds). That might be enough. However, the Omega Sanction - I believe - continues to seek its target even if Darkseid is dead or gone. So I think both might die, or Palpatine wins by default since he might hit first. 
2. I don't know. 
3. Most people refer to him as EU (Expanded Universe) Palpatine. Or Dark Empire Palpatine (Dark Empire is the comic where he performed his best feats). 
4. Create worm holes (for destruction or transporting others), draining an entire planet's population over years, transferring his soul, and others.
Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Darkseid.  On a side-note, that picture of Palpatine is hilarious.  He looks like the lead guitarist of a Danish black metal band.

Pr_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pr_Beyonder
@mrbobdobalina:
@JediXMan said:
" @mrbobdobalina:

1. Hmm..... eh....... well, Batman was about ten feet from him and it took like three seconds to hit him (Batman had enough time to fire the gun, release his grip on the gun, and say "Gotcha" before it reached him, so I'm assuming like three seconds - though two might be closer). So at that rate, I guess it would take 30 seconds (3 seconds to travel ten feet. So multiply that by another 90 feet, so that'd be thirty seconds). That might be enough. However, the Omega Sanction - I believe - continues to seek its target even if Darkseid is dead or gone. So I think both might die, or Palpatine wins by default since he might hit first.  2. I don't know.  3. Most people refer to him as EU (Expanded Universe) Palpatine. Or Dark Empire Palpatine (Dark Empire is the comic where he performed his best feats).  4. Create worm holes (for destruction or transporting others), draining an entire planet's population over years, transferring his soul, and others."

Alright but wasn't Pre Crisis DS >PC Supes. 

If that's the case I don't see Sidious winning ay all. 

I also thought that SF Darkseid was more powerful.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Pr_Beyonder: 

No idea. In all honesty, I'm speaking of current Darkseid. Don't know much about pre-retcon DS.
Pr_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pr_Beyonder
@mrbobdobalina: Ok,I thought about SF Darksied for a bit and he's surely stronger than any other Darksied incarnation.
@JediXMan:
Alright. I'll try to post some of Darksied's higer end feats. 

For everyone,Darksied (SF) fought the Source and put up a very good fight. 

GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Pr_Beyonder: @JediXMan: PC Darkseid was quite literally a "god." He could take PC Supes and  smash him down into a pea with two fingers. PC Darkseid was too good.
Pr_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pr_Beyonder
@GreenLantern555:
I thought so :P
mrbobdobalina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mrbobdobalina
@JediXMan: Hey, does SW have any TOAA level beings?
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Wars has no beings on the cosmic level that I've ever heard of.  Darth Nihilus maybe, in a limited sense, and the outsiders who forged the Corellian system.  Even fully powered Luke and Dark Empire Palpatine aren't what I would call cosmic.

Pr_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pr_Beyonder
@mrbobdobalina:
@Alexander Anderson said:
"Star Wars has no beings on the cosmic level that I've ever heard of.  Darth Nihilus maybe, in a limited sense, and the outsiders who forged the Corellian system.  Even fully powered Luke and Dark Empire Palpatine aren't what I would call cosmic. "

I wouldn't really consider any Star Wars character Surfer level. 

The force as a whole would probably be around universal Eternity.
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pr_Beyonder said:
" @mrbobdobalina:
@Alexander Anderson said:
"Star Wars has no beings on the cosmic level that I've ever heard of.  Darth Nihilus maybe, in a limited sense, and the outsiders who forged the Corellian system.  Even fully powered Luke and Dark Empire Palpatine aren't what I would call cosmic. "
I wouldn't really consider any Star Wars character Surfer level.  The force as a whole would probably be around universal Eternity. "
Yeah, that's sort of how I look at it.  Nihilus could cause planetary level devastation, but he was a one trick pony.  And he's about as powerful as a force-user has ever been.  Certainly not even low Herald level.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator  Online

darkseid definitley palpatine is strong in his universe but the omega beams darkseid's strength durability surpass sidious's intelligence maybe the same but unless sidious possesses darkseid or has clones i dont see him doing much
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AtPhantom
@Pr_Beyonder: That's an empowered Darkseid. He can't stand up to the Source under any circumstances.
Pr_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pr_Beyonder
@AtPhantom said:
" @Pr_Beyonder: That's an empowered Darkseid. He can't stand up to the Source under any circumstances. "

I know,but the OP wanted the most powerful incarnation of Darkseid,so I provided him with what I saw as the most powerful incarnation.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AtPhantom
@Pr_Beyonder said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Pr_Beyonder: That's an empowered Darkseid. He can't stand up to the Source under any circumstances. "
I know,but the OP wanted the most powerful incarnation of Darkseid,so I provided him with what I saw as the most powerful incarnation. "
Yeah, but that's not an incarnation. that's Darkseid with a plot device.
Pr_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pr_Beyonder
@AtPhantom:
So I'm assuming in comics incarnation would reffer to mainstream characters in realtion to different timelines,i.e PR Owen Reece and current molecule man,but Thanos with HOTU or IG wouldn't be. 

Is that correct :) ?
Avatar image for prince_of_saiyans
Prince of Saiyans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The hell........ 
DS stomps

Avatar image for prince_of_saiyans
Prince of Saiyans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt DS needs the SFF here

mrbobdobalina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mrbobdobalina

We need either JediX or Silver in here. They are Star Wars experts. If there is an argument to be made for Sidious, they can make one.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AtPhantom
@Pr_Beyonder said:
" @AtPhantom: So I'm assuming in comics incarnation would reffer to mainstream characters in realtion to different timelines,i.e PR Owen Reece and current molecule man,but Thanos with HOTU or IG wouldn't be.  Is that correct :) ? "
Correct.

@mrbobdobalina said:
" We need either JediX or Silver in here. They are Star Wars experts. If there is an argument to be made for Sidious, they can make one. "

There really isn't one, at least IMO. Pre Crisis Darkseid has teleported planets and mind controlled billions of people across thousands of lightyears. Modern Darkseid has torn universes apart just by force of will. The omega effect can go across any obstacle, hit anything, and is faster than Palpatine can track him. This is a clean victory for DS.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@mrbobdobalina said:

" We need either JediX or Silver in here. They are Star Wars experts. If there is an argument to be made for Sidious, they can make one. "

I'm still here.

@mrbobdobalina said:

" @JediXMan: Hey, does SW have any TOAA level beings? "

One could, in theory, say "The Force itself" is TOAA.

The Bedlam Spirits (NOT to be confused with Force Ghosts, people. Different things) are "omnipotent," but are childlike and don't really understand their full power. They occasionally do things by accident rather than intent. They showed casual matter / energy manipulation, time warping, etc. So you could include them (I'm on a quest to bring unknown Star Wars characters into the spotlight, by the way)
reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By reactor

I absolutely love seeing Star Wars in the battle forums, but PC Darkseid would dominate Darth Sidious, even EU Sidious.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Reactor said:
" I absolutely love seeing Star Wars in the battle forums, but PC Darkseid would dominate Darth Sidious, even EU Sidious. "
Most likely, yes.

I was basing my opinion on current Darkseid, as it's the version I know better.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Silver2467

Darkseid.  

Come on, man. 

WoundingFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WoundingFactor
@JediXMan: And there's always Abeloth, who (despite going out like a punk) probably had the closest to "cosmic" level Force powers.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Silver2467 said:
" Darkseid.   Come on, man.  "
What? I said that it would probably be a stalemate, but only if Force Storm takes less than thirty or twenty seconds to manifest. I know nothing of PR Darkseid; I was basing this off FC Darkseid. It took the Omega Sanction - from my calculations - two to three seconds to reach Batman, who was 10ft away. If this is 100 feet, it would take 20-ish seconds to hit Palpatine. But it won't stop. So it would be a stalemate, since Palpatine would still get hit.

I think in the end I said Darkseid would win.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Silver2467
@JediXMan said: 
What? I said that it would probably be a stalemate, but only if Force Storm takes less than thirty or twenty seconds to manifest. I know nothing of PR Darkseid; I was basing this off FC Darkseid. It took the Omega Sanction - from my calculations - two to three seconds to reach Batman, who was 10ft away. If this is 100 feet, it would take 20-ish seconds to hit Palpatine. But it won't stop. So it would be a stalemate, since Palpatine would still get hit.  I think in the end I said Darkseid would win. "
Pre-Crisis Darkseid was basically a skyfather. Also, when he attacked BatMan, he was severely weakened. As for Force Storm, I doubt it took that long. It never seemed to anyway. He conjured one while aboard his ship that never seemed to take that long. Still though, I really cannot see Sidious even hurting Darkseid. Although I do also question what Darkseid could do to Sidious's Essence, I just really do not see Sidious possessing or harming Darkseid. 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Silver2467: 

Huh. Sorry, I need to read Final Crisis again. I heard if you didn't read certain tie-ins (like Legion of 3 Worlds), you won't understand it. And... well I didn't, and therefore it confused me. I still don't get the part with the people being turned into ice cubes....

The Omega Sanction affects the body and the soul. 

So I'm going with Darkseid.
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Push
@JediXMan said:
"How far apart do they start? As far as I'm concerned, it's more or less who it's first.  

"

imo, there's nothing Sidious could do to Darkseid that would mortally wound him. imo, Darkseid is so far above Darth Sidious in sheer strength, power, both physicall and abstact, not to mention that Darth Sadious has absolutely nothing to counter the Omega Sanction, so, depending on what Darkseid wanted to do to Sidious, if he was in a lenient mood, he could just bfr him out of his site, contain him with his OB like he did to Hank in Doomsday: Hunter/Prey and use Sidious as he wishes, or just plain outright destroy him.
MrDestroyer187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MrDestroyer187

Darkside GODOMP'S Darth Sidious so HARD that theres nothing left but Dust Ash Clusters floating in space 

No Caption Provided
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Push

That is a nice pic, but he has the Soulfire there, and is not Darkseid as usually portrayed.
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By m0ntyb0y

Darkseid wins with his Omega thingy

Avatar image for jedisupermaster
Jedisupermaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jedisupermaster

Darkseid see Darth Sidious - Darkseid becomes his slave. Sidious in a stomp. Darkseid cant do anything against his telepathy.

FMStyyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FMStyyx

well this may get me alot of hate but batman was the first to dodge the omega beams (then everyone started doing that) but if bats can dodge it so can palpatine

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#45  Edited By Saren

Darkseid's most powerful incarnation should win.

@FMStyyx said:

well this may get me alot of hate but batman was the first to dodge the omega beams (then everyone started doing that) but if bats can dodge it so can palpatine

It will get you more raised eyebrows than hate considering this is a fairly ridiculous point to put forward.

Jedisupermaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jedisupermaster

@FMStyyx said:

Its not about Omega-beams (that wont help Darkseid). Sidious controlled billions on Byss and he wiped out memories of billions of people on Coruscant. Darkseid will become his slave after just looking at him. The end.

FMStyyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By FMStyyx

@CitizenBane said:

Darkseid's most powerful incarnation should win.

@FMStyyx said:

It will get you more raised eyebrows than hate considering this is a fairly ridiculous point to put forward.

:/ ive never really seen darksied use anything else but his omega beams/omega affect

@Jedisupermaster said:

@FMStyyx said:

Its not about Omega-beams (that wont help Darkseid). Sidious controlled billions on Byss and he wiped out memories of billions of people on Coruscant. Darkseid will become his slave after just looking at him. The end.

i wish lucas would quit holding out on new star wars movies and just let them make them (take our money da*nmit) also i want a good star wars game.. and the entire star wars universe on in a animated style that didnt suck..

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Saren

@Jedisupermaster said:

@FMStyyx said:

Darkseid resisted the telepathy of Mr. Miracle when he was the living embodiment of the Anti-Life Equation. It froze his body still but his mind refused to be controlled. On top of that, Martian Manhunter has said that his chances of beating Darkseid were basically nil. The Omega Beams will help Darkseid just fine considering Sidious is not durable enough to just tank them, and as for his spirit escaping Darkseid has beaten someone with a similar ability: Cyborg Superman. He used the Omega Beams to trap Henshaw in a golden ball, preventing his consciousness from escaping and finding a new body. A similar tactic could be employed here.

Jedisupermaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Jedisupermaster

@CitizenBane said:

@Jedisupermaster said:

@FMStyyx said:

Darkseid resisted the telepathy of Mr. Miracle when he was the living embodiment of the Anti-Life Equation. It froze his body still but his mind refused to be controlled. On top of that, Martian Manhunter has said that his chances of beating Darkseid were basically nil. The Omega Beams will help Sidious just fine considering he's not durable enough to just tank them, and as for his spirit escaping Darkseid has beaten someone with a similar ability: Cyborg Superman. He used the Omega Beams to trap Henshaw in a golden ball, preventing his consciousness from escaping and finding a new body. A similar tactic could be employed here.

What telepathic feats Mr Miracle has? I highly doubt MMs telepathy is more powerfull then Sidious telepathy. Cyborg Superman can rise again and again, yes. But come on - Sidious is the living inbalance of the Force in the whole galaxy. His spirit survived Force Garmony that stripped him from the Force and Force Storm that can rip reality apart. He was a black hole in the Force. he was a Dark Side Nexus by himself. He made one of the most powerfull Dark Side nexuses in the whole galaxy using his powers (planet Byss). I think his essence (not a simple spirit, you know) is too tough for Darkseid to handle. And his telepathy feats... Only the most powerfull incarnation of Darkseid (Pre-Crisis) has telepathy feats that are close to those of Sidious (he controlled 3 million daxamites, DAXAMITES).

P. S. Sorry for bad english.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Saren

@Jedisupermaster said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Jedisupermaster said:

@FMStyyx said:

Darkseid resisted the telepathy of Mr. Miracle when he was the living embodiment of the Anti-Life Equation. It froze his body still but his mind refused to be controlled. On top of that, Martian Manhunter has said that his chances of beating Darkseid were basically nil. The Omega Beams will help Sidious just fine considering he's not durable enough to just tank them, and as for his spirit escaping Darkseid has beaten someone with a similar ability: Cyborg Superman. He used the Omega Beams to trap Henshaw in a golden ball, preventing his consciousness from escaping and finding a new body. A similar tactic could be employed here.

What telepathic feats Mr Miracle has? I highly doubt MMs telepathy is more powerfull then Sidious telepathy. Cyborg Superman can rise again and again, yes. But come on - Sidious is the living inbalance of the Force in the whole galaxy. His spirit survived Force Garmony that stripped him from the Force and Force Storm that can rip reality apart. He was a black hole in the Force. he was a Dark Side Nexus by himself. He made one of the most powerfull Dark Side nexuses in the whole galaxy using his powers (planet Byss). I think his essence (not a simple spirit, you know) is too tough for Darkseid to handle. And his telepathy feats... Only the most powerfull incarnation of Darkseid (Pre-Crisis) has telepathy feats that are close to those of Sidious (he controlled 3 million daxamites, DAXAMITES).

P. S. Sorry for bad english.

You're not reading. Miracle at the time was the embodiment of the Anti-Life Equation. That allows mind-control on a vast, nearly universal scale, Cain was able to corrupt the Spectre with the ALE (albeit Spectre was weakened at the time due to the Spear of Destiny). The most powerful incarnation of Darkseid is Soulfire Darkseid, and given that he was able to defeat the Source in a one-on-one encounter (the Source being powerful enough to dictate terms to the Spectre about who he can and cannot kill), I think that version can handle Sidious just fine.

Oh, and it was 3 billion daxamites.