Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Push
@DOMINIS said:
"This is Sidious from the EU. "

He opend up a god damn wormhole, he's hell powerfull! I'll take Sidious, but still depends on the circumstances.  Sidious still has his lightsabre, so either way, there's alot of damage that Sidious can do to Apoc!
DOMINIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By DOMINIS

True, but Sidious would have to keep his distance. Apoc is his superior in strength. Also, Apoc can turn into any weapon. Sidious has him by being more powerful. I say this goes either way, and as you say it depends on circumstance like if Apoc is able to get close enough to squash Sidious.
Avatar image for radicalcannibal
RaDicalCannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RaDicalCannibal

Sidious could open wormholes but he wasn't all powerful he admitted he had no control over his force storms after they were made

Apocalyspe would own him, more range of abilities that sidious or any other jedi or sith has tapped into

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By geraldthesloth
@RaDicalCannibal said:
" Sidious could open wormholes but he wasn't all powerful he admitted he had no control over his force storms after they were made Apocalyspe would own him, more range of abilities that sidious or any other jedi or sith has tapped into "
DOMINIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DOMINIS

Sidious said he was not able to FULLY control wormholes. That does not mean he had absolutely no control at all, since in the comic he controled them quite well until being surrounded by the wave of the lightside of the force.
tunsafun6059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By tunsafun6059

You're all forgetting a very important fact- Apocalypse is immortal. He has also had the ability to control time in the past. I don't know a lot about Sidious in the EU but if wormholes are his only real improvement then it won't be enough. it wouldn't be the first time Apocalypse has been stuck in another dimension. I'm sayin Apocalypse with relative ease.

Lord-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lord-Prime

Apoc

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By King_Saturn
Darth Sidious of the EU would win here
DOMINIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DOMINIS
@tunsafun6059 said:
"You're all forgetting a very important fact- Apocalypse is immortal. He has also had the ability to control time in the past. I don't know a lot about Sidious in the EU but if wormholes are his only real improvement then it won't be enough. it wouldn't be the first time Apocalypse has been stuck in another dimension. I'm sayin Apocalypse with relative ease. "

Actually, Apoc is just as immortal as Sidious. Apoc needs other bodies to inhabit, but his spirit is immortal just like Sidious. And that is not Sidious's only ability. Sidious drained billions of inhabitants of their life force on Byss. He also changed the alignment of Byss. Leia once tried to drop over a ton of machinery on Sidious, and upon contact with Sidious's force shield the machinery disintegrated. His force storms were capable of shredding entire starfleets to dust and tear surfaces off worlds.
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Klandicar

Can someone lay out exactly what this EU Sidious is like?  Because unless we see/know the feats I'm thinking he is just a beefed up Jedi with more force manipulation and lightning.  If this is true then Apocalypse takes it all too easy.  Too much durability for a Jedi IMO, he can eat those jedi attacks and once he uses matter manipulation it is over.  What does Sidious have in his arsenal to put down a giant immortal mutant imbued with celestial technology?

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Power NeXus

Hrn. 
My first instinct says Apocalypse would win. 
But I don't know much about Sidious' abilities in the EU.
Dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dro
@Klandicar said:
" Can someone lay out exactly what this EU Sidious is like?  Because unless we see know the feats I'm thinking he is just a beefed up Jedi with more force manipulation and lightning.  If this is true then Apocalypse takes it all too easy.  Too much durability for a Jedi IMO, he can eat those jedi attacks and once he uses matter manipulation it is over.  What does Sidious have in his arsenal to put down a giant immortal mutant imbued with celestial technology.   "
The EU is basically where they take characters and make them powerful beyond belief. A lot of the stuff in the EU is extremely ridiculous, especially when compared to the movies, and sometimes actually conflicts with original, canon Star Wars, which is why George Lucas himself said that EU material isn't canon. Things like using the force to snuff out suns, creating black holes, manipulating time, and other weird, gross extensions of force powers is what you'll find in the EU.
RaDicalCannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RaDicalCannibal
@geraldthesloth said:

" @RaDicalCannibal said:

" Sidious could open wormholes but he wasn't all powerful he admitted he had no control over his force storms after they were made Apocalyspe would own him, more range of abilities that sidious or any other jedi or sith has tapped into "

"
Exactly, Apoc takes this without much effort

Sidious from both universes would be raped, Sidious is not even near being the most powerful in the EU and i still think even the most powerful would be raped lol

Starkiller raped both Vader & Sidious in the EU, until he got shocked that is and he even pulled a yoda, deflecting sidious's electricity lol
DOMINIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DOMINIS
@RaDicalCannibal said:
"@geraldthesloth said:

" @RaDicalCannibal said:

"
Exactly, Apoc takes this without much effort   Sidious from both universes would be raped, Sidious is not even near being the most powerful in the EU and i still think even the most powerful would be raped lol "

Lol... 

Yeah, Darth Krayt is the most powerful of the EU, even though the only power he has to his name is lightning and some TK skills. But yeah, he is the most powerful although being raped my Karness Murr. lol 

Let's just ignore the canon sources that outright state Sidious to be the most powerful, and lets ignore all the feats he has to his name that no other sith can compare.
Dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dro
@DOMINIS said:
" @RaDicalCannibal said:
"@geraldthesloth said:

" @RaDicalCannibal said:

"
Exactly, Apoc takes this without much effort   Sidious from both universes would be raped, Sidious is not even near being the most powerful in the EU and i still think even the most powerful would be raped lol "
Lol...  Yeah, Darth Krayt is the most powerful of the EU, even though the only power he has to his name is lightning and some TK skills. But yeah, he is the most powerful although being raped my Karness Murr. lol  Let's just ignore the canon sources that outright state Sidious to be the most powerful, and lets ignore all the feats he has to his name that no other sith can compare. "
There is no canon in the EU. It's glorified fan fiction.
RaDicalCannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RaDicalCannibal
@Dro said:

" @DOMINIS said:

" @RaDicalCannibal said:
"@geraldthesloth said:

" @RaDicalCannibal said:

"
Lol...  Yeah, Darth Krayt is the most powerful of the EU, even though the only power he has to his name is lightning and some TK skills. But yeah, he is the most powerful although being raped my Karness Murr. lol  Let's just ignore the canon sources that outright state Sidious to be the most powerful, and lets ignore all the feats he has to his name that no other sith can compare. "
There is no canon in the EU. It's glorified fan fiction. "
^ Exactly thats what im trying to say

Its fine for him to say Sidious is the most powerful in the main universe, but in the EU he is simply not the most powerful, and Krayt's lightning wasn't no mere girly lightning, it destroyed ships and what not lol
DOMINIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DOMINIS
@Dro said:
" @DOMINIS said:
" @RaDicalCannibal said:
"@geraldthesloth said:

" @RaDicalCannibal said:

"
Hold up. Where do you get this from? GL said that his movies are absolute canon, not that the EU was not canon at all. GL said that there are more stories that happened out side of the movies, but they are not his stories to tell, so he left them up to other writers to tell. He never said EU was not canon. He only said that they are not absolute, which means that at any time he can over ride any information in them, but unless he does then they are still canon. Now the movies can not be overriden by any other source. That is the difference.
DOMINIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DOMINIS
@RaDicalCannibal said:
"@Dro said:

" @DOMINIS said:

" @RaDicalCannibal said:
"@geraldthesloth said:

" @RaDicalCannibal said:

"
^ Exactly thats what im trying to say  Its fine for him to say Sidious is the most powerful in the main universe, but in the EU he is simply not the most powerful, and Krayt's lightning wasn't no mere girly lightning, it destroyed ships and what not lol "

Yeah, and c3po killed over a thousand jedi at one time, and was also able to use force lightning to destroy planets. lol
Dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dro
@DOMINIS said:
" @Dro said:
" @DOMINIS said:
" @RaDicalCannibal said:
"@geraldthesloth said:

" @RaDicalCannibal said:

"
Hold up. Where do you get this from? GL said that his movies are absolute canon, not that the EU was not canon at all. GL said that there are more stories that happened out side of the movies, but they are not his stories to tell, so he left them up to other writers to tell. He never said EU was not canon. He only said that they are not absolute, which means that at any time he can over ride any information in them, but unless he does then they are still canon. Now the movies can not be overriden by any other source. That is the difference. "
Canon: a secular law, rule, or code of law; a basis for judgment, a standard or criterion; the books of the Bible officially accepted as Holy Scripture;

Canon is absolute. It's what cannot be changed. It's the basis for all others. The Bible definition especially applies, because the canon in a fictional sense is the "Bible" of the story or stories which all other stories must agree with. Canon is defined as absolute. So by saying that EU stories are not absolute, he is saying that they are, by definition, not canon.
RaDicalCannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RaDicalCannibal
@DOMINIS said:

" @Dro said:

" @DOMINIS said:

" @RaDicalCannibal said:

"@geraldthesloth said:

" @RaDicalCannibal said:

"
Hold up. Where do you get this from? GL said that his movies are absolute canon, not that the EU was not canon at all. GL said that there are more stories that happened out side of the movies, but they are not his stories to tell, so he left them up to other writers to tell. He never said EU was not canon. He only said that they are not absolute, which means that at any time he can over ride any information in them, but unless he does then they are still canon. Now the movies can not be overriden by any other source. That is the difference. "
The Star Wars Expanded Universe encompasses all of the officially licensed, fictional background of the Star wars universe, outside of the six featured films produced by George Lucas . The Expanded universe includes books, comic books, video games, spin-off films, television series, toys, and other media. 

Everything outside the films are the EU and in the EU Sidious is not the most powerful.
Dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dro
@RaDicalCannibal said:

" @DOMINIS said:

" @Dro said:

" @DOMINIS said:
" @RaDicalCannibal said:
"@geraldthesloth said:

" @RaDicalCannibal said:

"
The Star Wars Expanded Universe encompasses all of the officially licensed, fictional background of the Star wars universe, outside of the six featured films produced by George Lucas . The Expanded universe includes books, comic books, video games, spin-off films, television series, toys, and other media. "
And we all know how accurate The Force Unleashed was.

EDIT: so how many times has Aayla Secura died now? I think she died once in the first Clone Wars cartoon series, then again in Episode III, and now another time in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. Any other times I should know about?
DOMINIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DOMINIS
@Dro said:
" @DOMINIS said:
" @Dro said:
" @DOMINIS said:
" @RaDicalCannibal said:
"@geraldthesloth said:

" @RaDicalCannibal said:

"
Canon: a secular law, rule, or code of law; a basis for judgment, a standard or criterion; the books of the Bible officially accepted as Holy Scripture;

Canon is absolute. It's what cannot be changed. It's the basis for all others. The Bible definition especially applies, because the canon in a fictional sense is the "Bible" of the story or stories which all other stories must agree with. Canon is defined as absolute. So by saying that EU stories are not absolute, he is saying that they are, by definition, not canon. "

Unless they contradict with his word, then it is canon. Why else do you think Lucas tries to follow close with what goes on in the EU. When writer were making a back story on Sidious, Lucas cancelled the issue because he did not want Sidious's past to be revealed. Now if the EU had NOTHING to do with the movies then why would Lucas cancell the issue? 

And Lucas has changed things in his movies several times, so according to you the movies are also not canon, since they are able to be changed.
Dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dro
@DOMINIS said:
" @Dro said:
" @DOMINIS said:
" @Dro said:
" @DOMINIS said:
" @RaDicalCannibal said:
"@geraldthesloth said:

" @RaDicalCannibal said:

"

Canon is absolute. It's what cannot be changed. It's the basis for all others. The Bible definition especially applies, because the canon in a fictional sense is the "Bible" of the story or stories which all other stories must agree with. Canon is defined as absolute. So by saying that EU stories are not absolute, he is saying that they are, by definition, not canon. "
Unless they contradict with his word, then it is canon. Why else do you think Lucas tries to follow close with what goes on in the EU. When writer were making a back story on Sidious, Lucas cancelled the issue because he did not want Sidious's past to be revealed. Now if the EU had NOTHING to do with the movies then why would Lucas cancell the issue?  And Lucas has changed things in his movies several times, so according to you the movies are also not canon, since they are able to be changed. "
The fact that you have to add a qualifier to your statement proves my point. Canon is canon without qualifiers, because otherwise it's not canon. Get it?
DOMINIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DOMINIS
@RaDicalCannibal said:
"@DOMINIS said:

" @Dro said:

" @DOMINIS said:

" @RaDicalCannibal said:

"@geraldthesloth said:

" @RaDicalCannibal said:

"
The Star Wars Expanded Universe encompasses all of the officially licensed, fictional background of the Star wars universe, outside of the six featured films produced by George Lucas . The Expanded universe includes books, comic books, video games, spin-off films, television series, toys, and other media.   Everything outside the films are the EU and in the EU Sidious is not the most powerful. "

You kinda proved my point for me (lol). Do you know what encompass means? It means to include or to evolve around. So in other words the EU evolves around the movies, and are included.  

EU= EXPANDED universe. And what is it an expansion of? The movies, right? 

BTW, here are the definitions to encompass: 

1. To form a circle or ring around; surround. See synonims at surround.
  2. To enclose; envelop.
  3. To constitute or include: a survey that encompassed a wide range of participants.
  4. To accomplish; achieve.
DOMINIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DOMINIS
@Dro said:
"@RaDicalCannibal said:

" @DOMINIS said:

" @Dro said:

" @DOMINIS said:
" @RaDicalCannibal said:
"@geraldthesloth said:

" @RaDicalCannibal said:

"
The Star Wars Expanded Universe encompasses all of the officially licensed, fictional background of the Star wars universe, outside of the six featured films produced by George Lucas . The Expanded universe includes books, comic books, video games, spin-off films, television series, toys, and other media. "
And we all know how accurate The Force Unleashed was.  EDIT: so how many times has Aayla Secura died now? I think she died once in the first Clone Wars cartoon series, then again in Episode III, and now another time in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. Any other times I should know about? "

Well GL worked closely with The Force Unleashed. 

Aayla died during the movies. She was severely injured in the cartoons. And made NO appearance in The ForceUnleashed. So what are you talking about? 

Your buddy helped prove my point in sharing that quote. EU encompasses all official material, which means that it is included.
Dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dro
@DOMINIS said:
" @RaDicalCannibal said:
"@DOMINIS said:

" @Dro said:

" @DOMINIS said:

" @RaDicalCannibal said:

"@geraldthesloth said:

" @RaDicalCannibal said:

"
The Star Wars Expanded Universe encompasses all of the officially licensed, fictional background of the Star wars universe, outside of the six featured films produced by George Lucas . The Expanded universe includes books, comic books, video games, spin-off films, television series, toys, and other media.   Everything outside the films are the EU and in the EU Sidious is not the most powerful. "

You kinda proved my point for me (lol). Do you know what encompass means? It means to include or to evolve around. So in other words the EU evolves around the movies, and are included.  

2. To enclose; envelop.
  3. To constitute or include: a survey that encompassed a wide range of participants.
"
Nice try on the formal definition. However, terms used in a single instance don't necessarily fulfill all points of the definition. "Canon" can be formally defined because the word canon applies to any story or series of stories with the same exact definition. The word "encompass," however, was used with a specific meaning, in a specific instance, and is therefore limited in definition by context. Now, which definition fits this context best can only be decided by the person who made the statement, because that person is the only one who knows the full context, and multiple definitions fulfill the context.

I'm not bashing the EU. It's good stuff. It's just not canon. It's not absolute. It's not necessarily true or accurate even within the Star Wars universe. And therefore it can't be used in such a way.
RaDicalCannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RaDicalCannibal
@DOMINIS said:

" @RaDicalCannibal said:

"@DOMINIS said:

" @Dro said:

" @DOMINIS said:

" @RaDicalCannibal said:

"@geraldthesloth said:

" @RaDicalCannibal said:

"

2. To enclose; envelop.
"
Proved what point? you're arguing that the EU is cannon when George Lucas himself said

George Lucas has also stated that as far as he was concerned the rule of the Sith ended with the death of Palpatine and freedom and democracy were restored to the galaxy with the Jedi's return, as he symbolized this by including the Senate building and the Jedi temple during the celebratory scenes at the end of Return Of The Jedi. He has stated that although he is aware of EU literature and welcomes its creativity, he has no part in the resurrection of Palpatine and the Yuuzhan Vong invasions.

As the guy said above the EU is nothing but Fan fiction, its not cannon, and Sidious is not even close to being the most powerful in the EU period.

The EU is a self contained universe, it expands the universe from GL's movies no duh, but at the same time its seperate, if the EU was so cannon you wouldn't have the fanboys arguing which is better the 'Real' universe (the films) vs the fake universe (everything else)

George Lucas has also stated he sees the EU as more of a 'What if'
DOMINIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DOMINIS
@Dro said:
" @DOMINIS said:
" @RaDicalCannibal said:
"@DOMINIS said:

" @Dro said:

" @DOMINIS said:

" @RaDicalCannibal said:

"@geraldthesloth said:

" @RaDicalCannibal said:

"

2. To enclose; envelop.
"
Nice try on the formal definition. However, terms used in a single instance don't necessarily fulfill all points of the definition. "Canon" can be formally defined because the word canon applies to any story or series of stories with the same exact definition. The word "encompass," however, was used with a specific meaning, in a specific instance, and is therefore limited in definition by context. Now, which definition fits this context best can only be decided by the person who made the statement, because that person is the only one who knows the full context, and multiple definitions fulfill the context.  I'm not bashing the EU. It's good stuff. It's just not canon. It's not absolute. It's not necessarily true or accurate even within the Star Wars universe. And therefore it can't be used in such a way. "

Doesn't matter which definition you use. They all work in my favor. "To accomplish or achieve" would not make any sense. "to enclose; envolope" would not make too much sense either. So logically, when it says the EU emcompasses all official material, it means that it is included.

According to you, anything that can be changed is not canon. Well the movies have been changed several times. So they must not be canon, right? Anything GL says is G-canon. The movies come directly from him, and no outside source or other writers can override what is in the movies, and that is why they try to be consistent with the movies. Leland was hired by Lucas to keep track of the whole story line, and to try to make the EU as consistent as possible with the movies. Lucas mainly focuses on the movies, but admitts to work closely with what is going on with the EU to be consistent. He says that there are other stories outside the movies to be told, but they are not his stories to tell, so he leaves it to other writers.

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By m0ntyb0y

apoc puts the smack down on ol' sidious

tronboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By tronboy

all of you are funny apoc stomps he's immortal he could travel through time it self and he could create any weapon he could just create a lightsaber or create a nuclear bomb and blow him to dust if sidious tries to use wormhole apoc could just teleport away from the destruction if sid tries to mind control him it wont work because he is immune to mind rapers and again he is IMMORTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! meaning HE CANT DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for manofmanynames2
ManOfManyNames2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By ManOfManyNames2

EU Sidious wins, but it won't be easy.

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts