Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By xan84
@Baldy said:
" @Superparody said:
" arnt the LOTR team immortal...meaning you kill them and they come back? "
Saruman isn't immortal. Sauron is sorta, but if you kill his body then he'll be in his seriously weak spirit form which won't be able to do anything. "

Its an incapacitate win. Good enought for me. Also how hard is for him to find that he needs to trow the ring in the damn volcano. Imagine Sidious geting some halfling with some force choke. Sidious also has no need to put a finger on it. He can just lift it with the force and move it :P
PS. If Sidious trows the ring in a black hole after the fight is done Sauron is not coming back. But to tell you the truth the best durability feat (on panel) the one-ring has is getting hit with some axe lol. 

@ Korg 

Sidious got taken out by a dying Vader. Dooku was killed by a young Anakin. They are not very impressive figures at all. The OP excludes the EU, so this is a complete stomp in favor of LotR.  

Vader was dying only after Sidious used force storm on his ass. The force storm damaged his suit. Dooku was meant to lose to Anakin, it was all in Sidious plan. Gooku KO'ed Obi1 in 2 seconds and Obi1 defeated Anaking in ep 3. Its clear Dooku was meant to lose but he had no idea that Sidious would let him die. 

I'm not going to spoon-feed you information on characters you should already be well acquainted with. You are arguing against characters you do not know. I'm not doing your research for you. If you had actually read the books, you wouldn't be asking for feats. I'm not here to convince you of anything, I'm just here to expose you for what you are. People like you don't get convinced, so why would I waste my time posting feats? You're looking for an argument, not a debate.  

Sry to blow you bubble but in any battle on the vine when X says that Y can do Z then they need to show on panel proof (a scan from a comic or whatever) to back up there claims. If i was to "debate" the way you do i could say Sidious can just hit him with his magical finger that can kill any magical dude instantly by just poiting at him. What you don't know this ?? Its in one those books/comics. But i am not going to post it for you, i am not here to educate you. Great debater you are.  
You can't debate if you don't post any feats for the caracter you are backing up.

Zarx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By Zarx

sorry for thi mistake in my first post I was going by memory and I  haven't read the silmarillion in a few years.

now I will say the the expanded universe star wars overpowers everything way to much in my opinion I mean in the movies the most powerful force users display feats that are no ware near the level of the expanded universe. I mean the skywalkers are supposed to be 
incredibly powerful yet Luke admittedly untrained  struggles to lift a light saber and in the movies Sidious can't even kill one person with force lightening and being chucked down a hole can kill him. Yet in the expanded universe he can destroy fleets with force storms and stuff, if he was so powerful why didn't he just fly out of the damn hole and vaporize Luke and Vader?

anyway rant aside and back on topic Sauron may be able to be killed by things like swards and magical wolves that if I remember right was created by a "God" but anyway what you should take from that is that even dieing didn't stop Sauron he just created a new form, Sidious needed to inhabit a pre-created clone to come back (one to LotR). also in the movies even the best force users could still be taken down by surprise attacks (as seen when order 66 was carried out and Sidious being picked up and tossed, vader getting his hand choped by a thrown light saber etc) so a 50pound mase could certainly take him down after he stabs a light saber through Sauron's "hart" and starts walking away lol. But the real kicker in this fight is that both  Sidious and Sauron rely on deception trickery and corrupting others as there most powerful weapons. Having said that Sauron has more actual combat experience as far as I know.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#203  Edited By Baldy
@zarx said:
" sorry for thi mistake in my first post I was going by memory and I  haven't read the silmarillion in a few years.  now I will say the the expanded universe star wars overpowers everything way to much in my opinion I mean in the movies the most powerful force users display feats that are no ware near the level of the expanded universe. I mean the skywalkers are supposed to be  incredibly powerful yet Luke admittedly untrained  struggles to lift a light saber and in the movies Sidious can't even kill one person with force lightening and being chucked down a hole can kill him. Yet in the expanded universe he can destroy fleets with force storms and stuff, if he was so powerful why didn't he just fly out of the damn hole and vaporize Luke and Vader?  anyway rant aside and back on topic Sauron may be able to be killed by things like swards and magical wolves that if I remember right was created by a "God" but anyway what you should take from that is that even dieing didn't stop Sauron he just created a new form, Sidious needed to inhabit a pre-created clone to come back (one to LotR). also in the movies even the best force users could still be taken down by surprise attacks (as seen when order 66 was carried out and Sidious being picked up and tossed, vader getting his hand choped by a thrown light saber etc) so a 50pound mase could certainly take him down after he stabs a light saber through Sauron's "hart" and starts walking away lol. But the real kicker in this fight is that both  Sidious and Sauron rely on deception trickery and corrupting others as there most powerful weapons. Having said that Sauron has more actual combat experience as far as I know. "
The force would warn them. The only reason the Jedi were killed was because they were outnumbered VASTLY by clone troopers. You can only block so many attacks.

If his body is destroyed and he needs to make a new one, that's a win via incapacitation.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By xan84
@zarx said:

"sorry for thi mistake in my first post I was going by memory and I  haven't read the silmarillion in a few years.  now I will say the the expanded universe star wars overpowers everything way to much in my opinion I mean in the movies the most powerful force users display feats that are no ware near the level of the expanded universe. I mean the skywalkers are supposed to be  incredibly powerful yet Luke admittedly untrained  struggles to lift a light saber and in the movies Sidious can't even kill one person with force lightening and being chucked down a hole can kill him. Yet in the expanded universe he can destroy fleets with force storms and stuff, if he was so powerful why didn't he just fly out of the damn hole and vaporize Luke and Vader?  anyway rant aside and back on topic Sauron may be able to be killed by things like swards and magical wolves that if I remember right was created by a "God" but anyway what you should take from that is that even dieing didn't stop Sauron he just created a new form, Sidious needed to inhabit a pre-created clone to come back (one to LotR). also in the movies even the best force users could still be taken down by surprise attacks (as seen when order 66 was carried out and Sidious being picked up and tossed, vader getting his hand choped by a thrown light saber etc) so a 50pound mase could certainly take him down after he stabs a light saber through Sauron's "hart" and starts walking away lol. But the real kicker in this fight is that both  Sidious and Sauron rely on deception trickery and corrupting others as there most powerful weapons. Having said that Sauron has more actual combat experience as far as I know. "

First off read around the post in this topic. Then keep in mind that incapacitate = win, so if he goes down like in the movies (by losing the ring or whatever) then the Sith win. 

now I will say the the expanded universe star wars overpowers everything way to much in my opinion I mean in the movies the most powerful force users display feats that are no ware near the level of the expanded universe. I mean the skywalkers are supposed to be 
incredibly powerful yet Luke admittedly untrained  struggles to lift a light saber and in the movies Sidious can't even kill one person with force lightening and being chucked down a hole can kill him. Yet in the expanded universe he can destroy fleets with force storms and stuff, if he was so powerful why didn't he just fly out of the damn hole and vaporize Luke and Vader?  

Not the fall kills Sidious but something exploading down there (from the force storm). Luke needs training yes but look at any Jedi, they all need training. As for why he can't kill Luke with force storm in the movie its perhaps he whanted to torture him or something, no idea. 
Starkiler(his weaker then Sidious) in Starwars the force unleased game (its cannon as said by Lucas) is able to pull down a Stardestroyer using only the force. Imagine what engines and how big this thing is.

remember right was created by a "God"    

It matters not what created him. 

Sidious and Sauron rely on deception trickery and corrupting others as there most powerful weapons. Having said that Sauron has more actual combat experience as far as I know.      

So does Saruman and Sauron ... You realy need more info on this guys. Sauron heaving more combat experience on what ? Using a giant mace and slowly swinging that thing and killing idiots with swords and shields and bows ? Sidious fights other jedi/starships/tropers with advanced weapons etc. Nobody is saying you can't kill Sidious if you blast his head apart but you actualy need to hit him to do that. 

Again read the posts in this topic to find out more.

Zarx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Zarx

but as I pointed out the force doesn't always warn them especially when the darkside is involved I mean ware was this all perceiving ability when Vader tuned on him the force doesn't warn them of everything and if Sauron were to make the first move forcing Sidious to dodge and attack directly with his light saber, and if Sauron were to use magic to deflect the attack (Gandalf  showed this power when he first showed up as Gandalf the white deflecting attacks from Aragon, Gimli and Legolas and as Sauron even without the ring is more powerful) and stabing Sidious with his sword killing him.

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By xan84
@zarx said:
"but as I pointed out the force doesn't always warn them especially when the darkside is involved I mean ware was this all perceiving ability when Vader tuned on him the force doesn't warn them of everything and if Sauron were to make the first move forcing Sidious to dodge and attack directly with his light saber, and if Sauron were to use magic to deflect the attack (Gandalf  showed this power when he first showed up as Gandalf the white deflecting attacks from Aragon, Gimli and Legolas and as Sauron even without the ring is more powerful) and stabing Sidious with his sword killing him. "

Its called force sense and its more like able to predict where a sword/bullet/etc can go before it does. If you read Naruto its about the same thing as sharingan. if you try to sniper shoot a jedi he can sense and dodge it. They can sense danger to but its not working always. They can also see the future to some extend.  

Just because Gandalf can do it does not mean that anyone else can. By that logic i can say Sidious can blow up stars, feat on all life on a planet and other crazy stuff just because his a sith and other sith where able to do them. 

Saruman has better feats then Sauron without his ring. if you got better feats you can post them. But you need something to back stuff up with. 

Also its one thing to block swords/axes/arrows then bloking a lightsaber that can cut trought the hull of starships. The lightsaber would cut those swords like butter.
Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Korg:

To many of the people on this site argue with little open mindedness...its the same with this guy... "show me the feats"...thats what people have been doing all freaking week since this post started. These guys just like to argue big and yell destroying arugments by simple closed mindedness. They are not really debating. They can act as big and bad as they want as long as they are behind their keyboard alone in their room.  

I agree he dosen't know what he's talking about.
Zarx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Zarx

well doing a bit of research I found something thats showed Sauron's loss of the ring in a new light to what I remembered. 
"'I beheld the last combat on the slopes of Orodruin, where Gil-galad died, and Elendil fell, and Narsil broke beneath him; but Sauron himself was overthrown, and Isildur cut the Ring from his hand with the hilt-shard of his father's sword, and took it for his own'"  (quote from Elrond)
this implies that Sauron was not defeated by having his finger cut off but was already defeated before the ring was cut off (not how it was showed in the movie lol) now in this battle he went up Orodruin and Gil-Galad who were first age Elves much more powerful than War of the ring third age elves and  Elindil who was of the elder race of man about twice as strong as third age humans as well as hundreds of men and elves.  

and as for combat experience Sauron is a several thousand year old immortal an mightiest servant of the original Dark lord Melkor who had legions of Belrogs and dragons at his command, and has fought meany battles over the years. If you are going to base his combat abilities on the movies that are non cannon it's going to be hard to justify this fight. Another thing is that from what I know of Sidious' abilities are more in deception and corruption rather than battle admittedly my knowledge of the expanded universe is limited and the only real fight I have good knowledge of is the Yoda Palpatine fight.  the real trouble with this comparison is the different styles of story telling between LotR and starwars.

also just as a point of interest on my part is Sidious realy more powerfull than Starkiller and not just more knowledgeable in the force, eg more adapt at manipulating it verse Starkiller's raw power.

ronki23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By ronki23

QUOTE: 

1) Sauon is a Deity (minor Deity)  
2) Sauron is Unkillable (even in the end he only was taken to the void by Eru Illuvatar (Mayor Big-ass God)) 'couse he cannot be killed by normal means... 
3) He is a Maiar (Minor God) so he is more powerful by hundred times more than a common human, that means more strong, fast and durable
4) The times he was killed or injured a mayor Magical weapons was involved (Narsil of Elendil, Aeglos of Gil-Galad) and that was becouse Gil-Glad was wearing a Ring of power of the Elves, and Elendil used a absurdily poweful magical blade..... 
5) Sauron is  a Maira of the god Aule, so he can easily command the fire a earth of Middle Earth and he can create powerful magical items, being one of them the ring or his Flail  
6) His power set include Illusion; Shapeshifting; Telepathy; Summoning and Manipulation of Spirits (Earth Fire and Darkness); Possesion  
7) As a God and one of he first to enter Middle Earth (When his name was Mairon from High Elven for Admirable) he lived in middle earth for 16.000 years giving him a hell lot of combat XP and wits.... 
8) He also corrupts person with his sole presence, generally Humans, even the more powerful of them..... 

I like Star Wars more than Lord of the Rings and know more about it but Sideous can't take Sauron lol-Sauron only did slow swipes for dramatic effect and to show how even a slow Sauron can kill loads of soldiers.
Narsil was a magical blade and Isildur was lucky to cut him
Sauron has the One Ring-even if he somehow loses, a Sith Lord with the ring would be, well, a Sith Lord that acts exactly the same but happens to fall under the influence of Sauron. Not to mention a magical mountain of fire and lava is the only thing that can destroy it for the Ring was made there-it won't go in any old volcano!
 Sauron's One Ring allows him to live forever in the material world-his spirit still lives (though it can't do anything) even without the Ring

I think

a Jedi Master can fight a Wizard e.g. Dooku vs Saruman-the Jedi would win of course-not only can they use the force to fight the wizard's magic but they're better swordsmen
heck,even a good Knight could take on a Wizard

ronki23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By ronki23

Oh yeah-if Palpatine was so skilled with Force Storms then he could've taken out the Rebels around the Death Star-heck,it'd make Luke more dark

I don't think he's that powerful

Reasons I don't like post ROTJ:

1.No Darth Vader
2.No Yoda
3.No Obi Wan 
4.Chewie dies
5.Luke,Leia and Han are parents
6.Luke,Leia and Han are granparents

The latter two affect me-i'm not particularly fond of falling for Great Grandmothers (Padmé) and Grandmothers (Leia)-i'm not even a MILF lover lol

Zarx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Zarx

one last thing before I go to bed I will admit that just because Gandalf has a power doesn't mean anyone else does but combat isn't really often described with great detail in Tolkien's works especialy outside of the WAR of the ring so it's hard to find details on how he actualy fights. But he is a master of creating powerful magical items like the one ring and his mace is a powerful weapon. But much of his power comes from fear and his ability to talk to and animate the dead and also to posses people and items, Tolkien described Sauron as a master of the black arts and a Necromancer he also is a master of illusions and can transform himself. 

and another thing if he was killed and Sidious took the ring it would probably eventually posses him and he wold become Sauron.  Unless of course the force allowed him to resist the temptation of the power granted by the ring (not just invisibility but also seemingly everlasting life (Gollum is several hundred years old thaks to the ring) and it can amplify it's users powers as well making them stronger. and since Sidious turned to the dark side I doubt he is in the habit of throwing away power.

Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#212  Edited By MysterioMaximus

LOTR! If you really know anything about Rings, for every ability sith have, Sauron and Saruman have five more. Palpatine may be one of the greatest Sith that ever ruled, but Sauron, excluding the Silmarillian in which even he is topped, he's basically the master of all evil. He's essentially Satan. I'm a huge SW fan, but ...come on. If you know Rings and stay your bias, Tolkien's got this. Only SW fanboys would say otherwise.

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By xan84
one last thing before I go to bed I will admit that just because Gandalf has a power doesn't mean anyone else does but combat isn't really often described with great detail in Tolkien's works especialy outside of the WAR of the ring so it's hard to find details on how he actualy fights. But he is a master of creating powerful magical items like the one ring and his mace is a powerful weapon. But much of his power comes from fear and his ability to talk to and animate the dead and also to posses people and items, Tolkien described Sauron as a master of the black arts and a Necromancer he also is a master of illusions and can transform himself.  

Does it matter ? A sword can damage him, a lightsaber would cut him in half. A big wolf also defeated him. Fear and coruption are not going to work with the sith. 

and another thing if he was killed and Sidious took the ring it would probably eventually posses him and he wold become Sauron.  Unless of course the force allowed him to resist the temptation of the power granted by the ring (not just invisibility but also seemingly everlasting life (Gollum is several hundred years old thaks to the ring) and it can amplify it's users powers as well making them stronger. and since Sidious turned to the dark side I doubt he is in the habit of throwing away power.     

inrelevant if they destroy his body and incapacitate him then they win. It does not matter what happends next. 

Going by the forum rulls a win is bfr/incapacitate/KO/kill.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Baldy

@zarx said:

" but as I pointed out the force doesn't always warn them especially when the darkside is involved I mean ware was this all perceiving ability when Vader tuned on him the force doesn't warn them of everything and if Sauron were to make the first move forcing Sidious to dodge and attack directly with his light saber, and if Sauron were to use magic to deflect the attack (Gandalf  showed this power when he first showed up as Gandalf the white deflecting attacks from Aragon, Gimli and Legolas and as Sauron even without the ring is more powerful) and stabing Sidious with his sword killing him. "

That was because not only was he focused on electrocuting Luke, he was also supprised by one of the most powerful users of the Darkside. Luckly he won't be distracted and Sauron has no darkside powers. I don't really care what Gandalf did, he's not in this fight.

I think it's worth clarifying that Saruman and Sauron can't stand toe to toe against two Sith masters in melee. Sith have enhanced speed, agility, reaction time, strength, and precognative abilities. There is no way in hell these guys can take them in a sword fight, they just don't have the feats to back such a claim up. Hell, the most powerful of these two got beaten by a wolfhound whos only magical ability was to be able to speak three times.

@They Killed Cap! said:

" @Korg: To many of the people on this site argue with little open mindedness...its the same with this guy... "show me the feats"...thats what people have been doing all freaking week since this post started. These guys just like to argue big and yell destroying arugments by simple closed mindedness. They are not really debating. They can act as big and bad as they want as long as they are behind their keyboard alone in their room.   I agree he dosen't know what he's talking about. "

Irony. I ask for feats because you people keep making claims you arn't willing to back up with verifiable evidence.

@zarx said:

" well doing a bit of research I found something thats showed Sauron's loss of the ring in a new light to what I remembered.  "'I beheld the last combat on the slopes of Orodruin, where Gil-galad died, and Elendil fell, and Narsil broke beneath him; but Sauron himself was overthrown, and Isildur cut the Ring from his hand with the hilt-shard of his father's sword, and took it for his own'"  (quote from Elrond)this implies that Sauron was not defeated by having his finger cut off but was already defeated before the ring was cut off (not how it was showed in the movie lol) now in this battle he went up Orodruin and Gil-Galad who were first age Elves much more powerful than War of the ring third age elves and  Elindil who was of the elder race of man about twice as strong as third age humans as well as hundreds of men and elves.    and as for combat experience Sauron is a several thousand year old immortal an mightiest servant of the original Dark lord Melkor who had legions of Belrogs and dragons at his command, and has fought meany battles over the years. If you are going to base his combat abilities on the movies that are non cannon it's going to be hard to justify this fight. Another thing is that from what I know of Sidious' abilities are more in deception and corruption rather than battle admittedly my knowledge of the expanded universe is limited and the only real fight I have good knowledge of is the Yoda Palpatine fight.  the real trouble with this comparison is the different styles of story telling between LotR and starwars. also just as a point of interest on my part is Sidious realy more powerfull than Starkiller and not just more knowledgeable in the force, eg more adapt at manipulating it verse Starkiller's raw power. "

If it reads as you suggest then he's even weaker! The way you put it forth he was killed by some soldiers with completely mundane weapons. Also I'll point out the text says that Narsil, this supposed ultra awesome super sword broke when a dude fell on it. How much more powerful were these elves? i doubt very much they were as tough as Jedi.

You wanna try to play the deception card? Sauron's best feat in deception was destroying the destruction of Numenor and even that didn't go as planned. The Emperor's greatest deception feat? Conquering the entire Galactic Republic. I wonder which is the better feat?

@ronki23 said:

" QUOTE: 

1) Sauon is a Deity (minor Deity)  
2) Sauron is Unkillable (even in the end he only was taken to the void by Eru Illuvatar (Mayor Big-ass God)) 'couse he cannot be killed by normal means... 
3) He is a Maiar (Minor God) so he is more powerful by hundred times more than a common human, that means more strong, fast and durable
4) The times he was killed or injured a mayor Magical weapons was involved (Narsil of Elendil, Aeglos of Gil-Galad) and that was becouse Gil-Glad was wearing a Ring of power of the Elves, and Elendil used a absurdily poweful magical blade..... 
5) Sauron is  a Maira of the god Aule, so he can easily command the fire a earth of Middle Earth and he can create powerful magical items, being one of them the ring or his Flail  
6) His power set include Illusion; Shapeshifting; Telepathy; Summoning and Manipulation of Spirits (Earth Fire and Darkness); Possesion  
7) As a God and one of he first to enter Middle Earth (When his name was Mairon from High Elven for Admirable) he lived in middle earth for 16.000 years giving him a hell lot of combat XP and wits.... 
8) He also corrupts person with his sole presence, generally Humans, even the more powerful of them..... 

I like Star Wars more than Lord of the Rings and know more about it but Sideous can't take Sauron lol-Sauron only did slow swipes for dramatic effect and to show how even a slow Sauron can kill loads of soldiers.
Narsil was a magical blade and Isildur was lucky to cut him
Sauron has the One Ring-even if he somehow loses, a Sith Lord with the ring would be, well, a Sith Lord that acts exactly the same but happens to fall under the influence of Sauron. Not to mention a magical mountain of fire and lava is the only thing that can destroy it for the Ring was made there-it won't go in any old volcano! Sauron's One Ring allows him to live forever in the material world-his spirit still lives (though it can't do anything) even without the Ring  I think  a Jedi Master can fight a Wizard e.g. Dooku vs Saruman-the Jedi would win of course-not only can they use the force to fight the wizard's magic but they're better swordsmen heck,even a good Knight could take on a Wizard "

1) Irrelevant and wrong. Sauron was a Maiar, which is more like a lesser angel than a god.
2) Irrelevant, he can still be incapacitated by destroying his body or BFR'd.
3) Maiars arn't gods they are more like angels. I'd like some proof that he is one hundred times stronger, faster, and durable than a human as a wolfhound the size of a small horse almost killed him.
4) Narsil broke when someone fell on it, hardly evidence of it being some ultra powerful weapon. What feats does this sword have other than breaking? You also forgot to mention that he got his ass kicked by a wolfhound.
5) As he won't have time to make any items this comment is irrelevant. Sidious is a master of Sith alchemy also.
6) Yet nothing good enough to stop him getting repeatedly owned by wolfhounds and humans wielding broken swords.
7) He is NOT a god. Apparently not enough combat experiance to avoid getting owned by wolfhounds and dudes with broken swords. Also not enough combat experiance to actually inspire enough confidence in his troops to get the to fight the numenoreans, where he had to surrender.
8) So does Sidious, only it doesn't take him millions of years to turn someone to the Darkside. Hell, I could probably turn someone to the Darkside faster than Sauron.

Yes he can take Sauron, with ease. He probably wouldn't take the ring, he doesn't know that it's supposed to be magical and even if he did that would be irrelevant to the fight.

@ronki23 said:

" Oh yeah-if Palpatine was so skilled with Force Storms then he could've taken out the Rebels around the Death Star-heck,it'd make Luke more dark  I don't think he's that powerful  Reasons I don't like post ROTJ:  1.No Darth Vader 2.No Yoda 3.No Obi Wan  4.Chewie dies5.Luke,Leia and Han are parents 6.Luke,Leia and Han are granparents  The latter two affect me-i'm not particularly fond of falling for Great Grandmothers (Padmé) and Grandmothers (Leia)-i'm not even a MILF lover lol "

He could have but he was showing off the Death Star and was under the impression that it was invincible, which it was until the shield generator went down. the shields only went down moments before the Emperor's "death".

Post ROTJ books are actually pretty good with the exception of the death of Chewie, that sucked. The story of Darth Caedus is pretty cool.

@zarx said:
"  one last thing before I go to bed I will admit that just because Gandalf has a power doesn't mean anyone else does but combat isn't really often described with great detail in Tolkien's works especialy outside of the WAR of the ring so it's hard to find details on how he actualy fights. But he is a master of creating powerful magical items like the one ring and his mace is a powerful weapon. But much of his power comes from fear and his ability to talk to and animate the dead and also to posses people and items, Tolkien described Sauron as a master of the black arts and a Necromancer he also is a master of illusions and can transform himself.    and another thing if he was killed and Sidious took the ring it would probably eventually posses him and he wold become Sauron.  Unless of course the force allowed him to resist the temptation of the power granted by the ring (not just invisibility but also seemingly everlasting life (Gollum is several hundred years old thaks to the ring) and it can amplify it's users powers as well making them stronger. and since Sidious turned to the dark side I doubt he is in the habit of throwing away power. "

He won't have time to build anything and what happens after the fight is irrelevant.@MysterioMaximus said:
"

LOTR! If you really know anything about Rings, for every ability sith have, Sauron and Saruman have five more. Palpatine may be one of the greatest Sith that ever ruled, but Sauron, excluding the Silmarillian in which even he is topped, he's basically the master of all evil. He's essentially Satan. I'm a huge SW fan, but ...come on. If you know Rings and stay your bias, Tolkien's got this. Only SW fanboys would say otherwise.

"
I find this incredibly doubtful. Force powers outnumber Sauron's abilities by a vast amount and Sidious was a master.

Sorry about the long post, had a lot to repond to.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By xan84

@ Baldy 

I find this incredibly doubtful. Force powers outnumber Sauron's abilities by a vast amount and Sidious was a master.

Sorry about the long post, had a lot to repond to.

But his got rings !!! Man that guy's post crack me up. I almost died of laughter :D 

What's next are they going to tell us his got earrings to ?? Beware the superpowered earrings  of death !!

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By reactor
@MysterioMaximus said:
"

"
Actually, Darth Sidious was the most powerful Sith Lord in the history of the SW Galaxy, meaning he outclasses other extremely powerful Sith, including Nihilus, Revan, Marka Ragnos, etc.

And if you're wondering, this has been confirmed in two official guidebooks (The Ultimate Guide and the Revenge of the Sith Novelization). I admit, I was pissed after I heard (since I and many others believed there were many other Sith more powerful), but you can't argue canon.

The DE Sourcebook states that Palpatine's mastery of the Dark Side was so immense, he had mastery over all known powers, unknown powers, and could literally create new abilities on a whim. Sidious' power has been able to be extended on a galactic scale, let alone global. Darth Sidious' Force Storms are also seriously being downplayed here. Although he had difficulty, Sidious has always had enough control over his Force Storms without risking killing himself. The only time he ever lost control was when he was cut off from the Force by the combined powers of Luke, Leia and her unborn child Anakin Solo.

All Sidious would have to do is rip the fabric of space around Sauron and Saruman. I don't see how they'd be able to withstand it, unless they're somehow able to say "ecaps xif flesti".
MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By MysterioMaximus

So wait…are you implying that physical skill matter whatsoever in this battle? Cause I just see that as shallow. The fact that George Lucas emphasized lightsabers over actual power (that being the force or mind) to mask his altogether pathetic writing in the prequels with eye candy…doesn’t improve your argument. You’re blinded by superficiality! Physical weapons mean little to nothing to someone like Sauron and Saruman. They’re on a completely different plain. It would be the equivalent of the famous duel in Raiders of the Lost Ark with the Cairo swordsman vs. Indiana Jones: Melee display of some nifty twirls and flips…then shot (in this case with some sort of spell) and killed like a joke. Swordplay means nothing here, they don’t need to resort to the physical. They’re above it. Lightsabers wouldn't even be ignited in a battle like this.

To be frank, you just come off as some SW fanboy that sacrifices logic for mindless devotion.    

whiplasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By whiplasher
@Baldy said:
" @MKF30 said:
"

LOTR's owns this match up so badly it's not even funny...Saruman alone could probably take out Sideous and Dooku at full power.... 

That is funny though how Christopher Lee played both traitors lol in both series....lol

"
You know nothing of the power of the dark side.  The Emperor has destroyed whole fleets of ships with force storms. No way in hell can these guys beat him. "
I beat him... ok it was on a game but hey!   lol.  Star wars would win easy.
MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By MysterioMaximus

Force Abilities equal out to how many actual powers? In film there’s few, expanded in novels there’s quite a few more. Even then it’s still limited to only certain abilities. However Saurons dark magic (perhaps you could consider the equivalent of force abilities) have no known limitations. It’s not documented what he can and (more importantly) can’t do. Palpatine makes some big deal out of cheating death, yet Sauron has done it numerous times, going as far as to even actually die and return. He has the ability to transform. He doesn’t have to manipulate though words, he can manipulate also through magic, not merely only the “weak minded”. Comparing Palpatine to Sauron is like Hitler to Lucifer. Yah they're both bad…but there’s clearly a superior.    

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By reactor
@MysterioMaximus said:
"

Force Abilities equal out to how many actual powers? In film there’s few, expanded in novels there’s quite a few more. Even then it’s still limited to only certain abilities. However Saurons dark magic (perhaps you could consider the equivalent of force abilities) have no known limitations. It’s not documented what he can and (more importantly) can’t do. Palpatine makes some big deal out of cheating death, yet Sauron has done it numerous times, going as far as to even actually die and return. He has the ability to transform. He doesn’t have to manipulate though words, he can manipulate also through magic, not merely only the “weak minded”. Comparing Palpatine to Sauron is like Hitler to Lucifer. Yah there’s both bad…but there’s clearly a superior.    

"
I'm not really sure what you're arguing. It has been stated - even in works where Jedi are not the focal point - that the possibilities with the Force are endless. There are countless Force powers which can produce virtually any effect, although the franchise only picks up on around two hundred or so due to the vastness implied. You just incriminated yourself by stating it isn't known was Sauron can really do, thus making the claim "he can win because he's Sauron" baseless. And Palpatine has "died" (technique he's still alive as an astral form and imprisoned by a legion of Jedi spirits so that he can never escape) several times before, but that has nothing to do with this battle. Transforming means jack here. And the bolded line is incorrect. Force powers are activated via the will, never spoken. Palpatine's will was unsurpassed by any - he could (and has) even control Vader through his presence alone. And Satan was never beaten by having his hand cut off by a downed man with a broken sword... Yah, bad comparison.
MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By MysterioMaximus
@Reactor said:
" @MysterioMaximus said:
"

Force Abilities equal out to how many actual powers? In film there’s few, expanded in novels there’s quite a few more. Even then it’s still limited to only certain abilities. However Saurons dark magic (perhaps you could consider the equivalent of force abilities) have no known limitations. It’s not documented what he can and (more importantly) can’t do. Palpatine makes some big deal out of cheating death, yet Sauron has done it numerous times, going as far as to even actually die and return. He has the ability to transform. He doesn’t have to manipulate though words, he can manipulate also through magic, not merely only the “weak minded”. Comparing Palpatine to Sauron is like Hitler to Lucifer. Yah there’s both bad…but there’s clearly a superior.    

"
I'm not really sure what you're arguing. It has been stated - even in works where Jedi are not the focal point - that the possibilities with the Force are endless. There are countless Force powers which can produce virtually any effect, although the franchise only picks up on around two hundred or so due to the vastness implied. You just incriminated yourself by stating it isn't known was Sauron can really do, thus making the claim "he can win because he's Sauron" baseless. And Palpatine has "died" (technique he's still alive as an astral form and imprisoned by a legion of Jedi spirits so that he can never escape) several times before, but that has nothing to do with this battle. Transforming means jack here. And the bolded line is incorrect. Force powers are activated via the will, never spoken. Palpatine's will was unsurpassed by any - he could (and has) even control Vader through his presence alone. And Satan was never beaten by having his hand cut off by a downed man with a broken sword... Yah, bad comparison. "

You say Palpatine (I’d prefer to forget any notions of the prequels and pass on the Sidious title) is the all-time greatest. Stating he’s one of the greatest does not defeat that, so what’s your point? Not fully knowing or understanding all of Saurons abilities does not defeat anything, in fact...that heightens the side of Saruon. It means he's potentially capable of literally anything, making virtually anything I say have a foundation. He can flick his fingers and Sidious would explode. Well, there’s more proof that says he could than couldn’t. It opens up all sorts of options for my side. Call it cheating all you like, I call it magic, where the character is based. What's my point? How doesn't proving that Sauron can do more of and better anything Sidious can do not have a point, that's the better question? I’m also not aware of Sith being so powerful in the force that they can do anything. So site some sources, else wise I’m calling bull. Transforming means jack? That just means one thing to me...you don't want to admit it means something. It's an assumption that Sauron too has to speak to manipulate through magic. I’m also wide aware of Palpatines clones, an awful story that’s unforgettably poor quality, but Sauron didn’t need the use of cloning technology to return from the dead. What world are you living in? And Satan is never defeated by a surprise attack by a beaten-up gimp in an iron lung either. So much for precognition...
reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By reactor
@MysterioMaximus said:

" @Reactor said:

" @MysterioMaximus said:

"

"
I'm not really sure what you're arguing. It has been stated - even in works where Jedi are not the focal point - that the possibilities with the Force are endless. There are countless Force powers which can produce virtually any effect, although the franchise only picks up on around two hundred or so due to the vastness implied. You just incriminated yourself by stating it isn't known was Sauron can really do, thus making the claim "he can win because he's Sauron" baseless. And Palpatine has "died" (technique he's still alive as an astral form and imprisoned by a legion of Jedi spirits so that he can never escape) several times before, but that has nothing to do with this battle. Transforming means jack here. And the bolded line is incorrect. Force powers are activated via the will, never spoken. Palpatine's will was unsurpassed by any - he could (and has) even control Vader through his presence alone. And Satan was never beaten by having his hand cut off by a downed man with a broken sword... Yah, bad comparison. "

You say Palpatine (I’d prefer to forget any notions of the prequels and pass on the Sidious title) is the all-time greatest. Stating he’s one of the greatest does not defeat that, so what’s your point? Not fully knowing or understanding all of Saurons abilities does not defeat anything, in fact...that heightens the side of Saruon. It means he's potentially capable of literally anything, making virtually anything I say have a foundation. He can flick his fingers and Sidious would explode. Well, there’s more proof that says he could than couldn’t. It opens up all sorts of options for my side. Call it cheating all you like, I call it magic, where the character is based. What's my point? How doesn't proving that Sauron can do more of and better anything Sidious can do not have a point, that's the better question? I’m also not aware of Sith being so powerful in the force that they can do anything. So site some sources, else wise I’m calling bull. Transforming means jack? That just means one thing to me...you don't want to admit it means something. It's an assumption that Sauron too has to speak to manipulate through magic. I’m also wide aware of Palpatines clones, an awful story that’s unforgettably poor quality, but Sauron didn’t need the use of cloning technology to return from the dead. What world are you living in? And Satan is never defeated by a surprise attack by a beaten-up gimp in an iron lung either. So much for precognition... "
That is absolute bull. Unlike Sidious, Sauron has zero feats aside from, for all intents and purposes, being called "evil" and swinging a big, bulky sword around. Stating Sidious was the most powerful Sith of all time means nothing, but saying Sauron is the master of evil means everything? Your reasoning is warped, the worst show of it is how you somehow reasoned that because Sidious was the strongest Sith, that means Sauron is capable of anything (wth) with a bs foundation. And whereas there is no proof that Sauron can do anything like making people explode with the flick of the finger, Sidious (according to DE Sourcebook) does have the capability of doing that (Combustion). Sauron has not displayed - nor been claimed - to be able to do that.

As for the first bolded line, I think you're confusing two different points I made: One - Sidious knew every known Force power, unknown power, and could create powers on a whim, or Two - anything is possible with the Force. However, I stated three separate sources for both of my claims (The Ultimate Guide, DE Sourcebook, and the ROTS Novelization). You've stated none, so don't even make accusations against me when you don't even state where your info comes from. As for that transformation bit, I said it means jack because it does mean jack. So what, he transforms into a ogre or a makes his hand into a dragon claw or something? Yeah, how's that going to stop him from dying after Sidious rips open a Force Storm above him? Answer: It won't. Ergo: Transformation means jack.

Whether you like the Dark Empire story arc or not is absolutely no basis to omit the facts within it, as they are canon. Oh, and as for the second bolded line (and I knew this was coming) I never once compared Sidious to Satan, you compared Sauron to Satan and Sidious to Hitler. You're trying to now compare Sidious to Satan to refute the point I made. I never once stated Sidious was like the devil - or anyone because the comparison was irrelevant and poor.
MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By MysterioMaximus

George Lucas doesn't seem to believe 95% of the EU is canon, does he? And he certainly has no problem with ignoring or outright conflicting with it. Isn’t his word (sometimes unfortunately) rule? Nor did I state that because I don't like it, it means nothing. I stated I don't like the Clone Emporer stories, but subsequently explained why...and gave a clear point as to how Sauron DOES NOT NEED clone bodies to return to life, whereas Palpatine very clearly does, thus utilizing what is canonical to my advantage. You clearly ignored that. Hmm...can't imagine why. You state about Saurons “defeat” like you’ve somehow said something rthat's shown me up, yet how is being defeated (and I reiterate) by some beaten up gimp in an iron lung any better? How can you go on to say precognition means much of anything when he very clearly didn’t see his apprentice chump-like turning on him? And when did I say "Sidious" being the most powerful sith means nothing? You're awful dramatic with your panties in a bunch. It means a lot, still doesn't mean he can defeat Sauron! Have you even read Lord of the Rings? He's accomplished plenty! Not to mention the story is told more from a realistic war perspective. From the point-of-view of a soldier, you never actually see the top dog pulling the strings. This is why he’s so mysterious. Yet he’s made a notorious name  for himself, hasn't he? You don’t get that many people concerned, causing basically Middle-Earths WWII, if you’ve never done anything or are capable of horrific substance before. Sauron cannot truly die unless you destroy the ring. Palptine isn’t corruptible, he’s already corrupted! He wouldn’t last a minute with the ring! Is this that difficult to understand?  And I never said that you said the Satan analogy, I'm mocking you. Clearly that went over your head. So here's a better analogy. Palpatine depends upon the dark side, Sauron is the dark side, the dark lord! Your posts are a joke and really make one wonder if you've seen the Jacksons films, let alone read the novels.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By xan84

@ MysterioMaximus  

You realy need to shup up now. The only thing you are posting is CREAP. 

A SWORD made out of metal was able to cut Sauron, a lightsaber would cut him in 2. A big wolf also defeated Sauron.  

You whant to post some feats of Sauron ? HIS GOT NONE.  

A cannon game ( SAID BY LUCAS) Starwars the force unleased had a jedi/sith named Starkiler and this guy was able to pull a damn Stardestroyer OUT OF THE SKY using nothing but the force. Imagine how huge the ship is and what engines it has.  

i would have to quote so many idiotic things in your posts but i realy don't got the time. 

So let's try just this. 

Sauron cannot truly die unless you destroy the ring. Palptine isn’t corruptible, he’s already corrupted! He wouldn’t last a minute with the ring! Is this that difficult to understand?      

if he losses the ring he goes boom Win by incapacitation. Sidious using or not the ring AFTER this is potless the battle would be already won. Try reading some of the post around here before you start posting nonsense. I am realy tired posting the same thing over and over again.

Sith lord feats.

Blowing up stars.

Eating all life on a planet.

Creating a damn storm that destroyed a fleet of ships.

Truly becoming unkillable  by using nothing then his will and the force.

Dragging ships out of the sky 

Etc etc 

So a guy that can crush fleets of ships using a wave of his hand vs a dude that get's beat up by a wolf and get's cut up by a sword. PS Sauron is fighting dudes with swords and bows and shields vs a guy that destroyes ships that would annihilate  all of middle earth in seconds (including Mordor). 

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By reactor

@MysterioMaximus said:
" George Lucas doesn't seem to believe 95% of the EU is canon, does he? And he certainly has no problem with ignoring or outright conflicting with it. Isn’t his word (sometimes unfortunately) rule?

Canon is whatever GL says is canon, and unless he decides to change something - it is canon. Why was this even brought up?

Nor did I state that because I don't like it, it means nothing.

Yeah, you pretty much did.

I stated I don't like the Clone Emporer stories, but subsequently explained why...

Which is pointless...

and gave a clear point as to how Sauron DOES NOT NEED clone bodies to return to life, whereas Palpatine very clearly does, thus utilizing what is canonical to my advantage. You clearly ignored that. Hmm...can't imagine why.

First, Sidious needs a body, not a clone (he was going to possess Anakin Solo). Second, who cares about the means? It's not like it matters here now does it? Third, means of resurrection is pointless and has no place here.

You state about Saurons “defeat” like you’ve somehow said something rthat's shown me up, yet how is being defeated (and I reiterate) by some beaten up gimp in an iron lung any better? 

Let's see, taken out from behind by an infamously powerful, yet injured cyborg or taken out by a man on his back with a broken sword while facing him... do you have to ask?

How can you go on to say precognition means much of anything when he very clearly didn’t see his apprentice chump-like turning on him?

I didn't. And foresight precognition (forseeing events far in the future) is highly susceptible to shatterpoints, since no future is definite.

And when did I say "Sidious" being the most powerful sith means nothing?

In word, you didn't. In replying to me, you made that clear:

You say Palpatine (I’d prefer to forget any notions of the prequels and pass on the Sidious title) is the all-time greatest. Stating he’s one of the greatest does not defeat that, so what’s your point? Not fully knowing or understanding all of Saurons abilities does not defeat anything, in fact...that heightens the side of Saruon.

^^^

You're awful dramatic with your panties in a bunch.

I don't wear panties.

It means a lot, still doesn't mean he can defeat Sauron!

You know, you never did explain how, with feats to back up your claim with sources.

Have you even read Lord of the Rings? He's accomplished plenty!

And yet you never say what...

Not to mention the story is told more from a realistic war perspective.

Orcs and Evles, Wizards and Demi-Gods, Magic and Sorcery, Ghosts and Demons? Yeah, realistic perspective indeed.

From the point-of-view of a soldier, you never actually see the top dog pulling the strings. This is why he’s so mysterious.

And what has this got to do with anything?

Yet he’s made a notorious name  for himself, hasn't he? You don’t get that many people concerned, causing basically Middle-Earths WWII, if you’ve never done anything or are capable of horrific substance before.

So has Hitler and Jack the Ripper. Should we include them in this little dance, too?

Sauron cannot truly die unless you destroy the ring.

....so why wouldn't Sidious just cut his hand off and destroy the ring?

Palptine isn’t corruptible, he’s already corrupted! He wouldn’t last a minute with the ring!

Why the hell would he take the ring onto his finger in the first place?

Is this that difficult to understand?

Hell yes.

And I never said that you said the Satan analogy, I'm mocking you.

Very poorly - you're "trying" to mock your own comparison.

Clearly that went over your head.

The idea of it, no - the sense in doing it, yes.

So here's a better analogy. Palpatine depends upon the dark side, Sauron is the dark side, the dark lord! Your posts are a joke and really make one wonder if you've seen the Jacksons films, let alone read the novels. "

Excuse me, who's dramatic? That is a horrible analogy. The Force is an omnipotent and ubiquitous essence, in principle, it is like gravity or electromagnetism. If compared to any "person" the only one that would fit that profile is God. Sauron fails tragically in that comparison. Your posts are the real joke here.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Baldy
@Reactor: I was going to post replies before hitting the hay but it seems you've addressed everything, and addressed it well. Thanks for saving me the effort. :D
Zarx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Zarx

well that wolfhound you keep going on about couldn't actually die against anything other than another wolfhound but anyway. In the end it seams if you use EU starwars and Sidious is the most powerful sith ever (from what I know he never did anything like wiping out all life on a planet or destroying stars, Basically his biggest feat was a force storm that destroyed an entire fleet and killed him) he wins. But if you go by the movies he would lose. The EU is just way to full of  One-upmanship with everyone going oh he made him lift a fighter we should have him Pull down a star destroyer. he could electrocute someone we should give him the power to destroy fleets. So basically Starwars wins because it's sci-fi on a galactic scale. 

God I love starwars one of the best sci-fi universes ever the lore is just so good and god damn the force is so all powerful (I preferred the movie level stuff but anyway).

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By xan84
@zarx said:

"well that wolfhound you keep going on about couldn't actually die against anything other than another wolfhound but anyway. In the end it seams if you use EU starwars and Sidious is the most powerful sith ever (from what I know he never did anything like wiping out all life on a planet or destroying stars, Basically his biggest feat was a force storm that destroyed an entire fleet and killed him) he wins. But if you go by the movies he would lose. The EU is just way to full of  One-upmanship with everyone going oh he made him lift a fighter we should have him Pull down a star destroyer. he could electrocute someone we should give him the power to destroy fleets. So basically Starwars wins because it's sci-fi on a galactic scale.   God I love starwars one of the best sci-fi universes ever the lore is just so good and god damn the force is so all powerful (I preferred the movie level stuff but anyway). "

You guys realy need to learn how to interpret words. Link to Huan --> http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Huan 

It was also prophesied that he could not be killed unless it was by the greatest wolf that ever lived.      

Do you know what a prophecy is ? You should look up the mayan prophecy of 2012. Does that mean the world will end then ? Yeah righ ...

Also Sauron shapeshifted    in the form of the gratest wolf (what was said to kill him) and Sauron lost (even with that advantage ...). 

from what I know he never did anything like wiping out all life on a planet or destroying stars

I said feats of the stih lords like in things you can do with the dark side of the force. Yeah he never done those things but the force storm alone would be enough to take out Saruman, Sauron and all of Mordo. 

But if you go by the movies he would lose     

Who ? Sauron ? I agree :P Now seriously  if a broken sword (by just steping on it) can cut him like his made out of butter what do you think a lightsaber would do ? Sidious also has no need to actualy get close to Sauron to cut him he can always just trow his lightsaber and cut his arms/head/legs/etc off. 

So basically Starwars wins because it's sci-fi on a galactic scale.     

SW wins because its the logical thing to happend. 

Argentino_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Argentino_18

I re-readed all the thread, and the only thing that represent my feelings is.... 

No Caption Provided
Trying to explain somethings to certain people is impossible, so I wont waste a second in trying,,,,
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Baldy
@Argentino_18 said:
" I re-readed all the thread, and the only thing that represent my feelings is.... 

No Caption Provided
Trying to explain somethings to certain people is impossible, so I wont waste a second in trying,,,, "
Too bad you never actually tried to prove any of your claims, and resorted to using completely untrue information. Maybe you'll have better luck next time when you arn't making stuff up as you go along.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By xan84
@Baldy said:
" @Argentino_18 said:
" I re-readed all the thread, and the only thing that represent my feelings is.... 

Trying to explain somethings to certain people is impossible, so I wont waste a second in trying,,,, "
Too bad you never actually tried to prove any of your claims, and resorted to using completely untrue information. Maybe you'll have better luck next time when you arn't making stuff up as you go along. "

Ignore him, his that "inteligent" dude that said Sauron is a God (first he said Sauron is a demigod and then upgraded him to God status) and then posted a link as proof of his claims but in that link we found that Sauron is actualy a minor angelic spirit lol.  

Some other funny post of his: 

He (Sauron) could pawn Gandalf easily, and he haves enough experience in being an evil overlord to conquest easily Middle Earth. 

Yes he could conquer middle earth easy to bad he actualy failed badly ... 

Other funny post of his: 

Narsil was a absurdily poweful magical sword  

That got broken by some dude stepping on it lol. 

This is even better 
he can alter the fabric of the universe 

So he is a reality warp now .. LOLOLOL 

Another one: 
and he can alter matter with different spells and create powerful elemental attacks 

He can alter matter, in this version Sauron is a matter manipulation. 

Oh and there is so much more but this is enough ... 

PS. Dude keep posting those pics, that is so much better then actualy debating and it sure helps your claims ! GO GO GO !
ronki23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By ronki23

I'm a Star Wars fan more than a LOTR fan but you guys are negating the fact that Narsil is a magical Elven blade specifically MADE FOR CUTTING THROUGH EVIL AND SUPERNATURAL SPIRITS,SOMETHING A LIGHTSABRE CAN NOT DO also, Narsil is not indestructible BUT it got broken by someone who easily weighed over 300lbs-heck,he's probably at least 400lbs; Isildur tried to lift it and Sauron stepped on it-of coure it would make metal snap!!! 

As I said Narisl or Anduril can cut through ghosts (see when Aragorn fights the King of the Dead) -it's not any old blade

Sauron was not slow-it was a dramatic effect to show how even slow swings could pwn loads of soldiers;many of them Elves who trained hundreds of years.

Sauron could very well fight Sideous in a sword fight-obviously he'd need a lightmace to stand a chance. Even if Sideous killed him, his spirit would endure.

Not to mention Sauron's magical powers are pretty powerful; judging by what lesser beings such as Gandalf/Saruman can do (fire and lightning bolts,push and pull); I think he could very well beat Sideous

But Dooku would still beat Saruman ;)

Tyguy41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Tyguy41

Star wars takes this, their lightsabers will cut the LOTRs bad guys to pieces. 

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Baldy
@ronki23 said:
" I'm a Star Wars fan more than a LOTR fan but you guys are negating the fact that Narsil is a magical Elven blade specifically MADE FOR CUTTING THROUGH EVIL AND SUPERNATURAL SPIRITS,SOMETHING A LIGHTSABRE CAN NOT DO also, Narsil is not indestructible BUT it got broken by someone who easily weighed over 300lbs-heck,he's probably at least 400lbs; Isildur tried to lift it and Sauron stepped on it-of coure it would make metal snap!!! 

As I said Narisl or Anduril can cut through ghosts (see when Aragorn fights the King of the Dead) -it's not any old blade Sauron was not slow-it was a dramatic effect to show how even slow swings could pwn loads of soldiers;many of them Elves who trained hundreds of years.  Sauron could very well fight Sideous in a sword fight-obviously he'd need a lightmace to stand a chance. Even if Sideous killed him, his spirit would endure.  Not to mention Sauron's magical powers are pretty powerful; judging by what lesser beings such as Gandalf/Saruman can do (fire and lightning bolts,push and pull); I think he could very well beat Sideous  But Dooku would still beat Saruman ;) "
Cutting through ghosts is irrelevant. They arn't fighting a ghost here.

Sauron was defeated by a WOLFHOUND, this alone proves that he can be harmed by mundane means. Unless you're going to try to claim the wolfhound's teeth are sharper than a lightsaber. What Gandalf and Saruman can do are irrelevant, and Sauron's magic is not as powerful as the Emperor's darkside powers, not even close.

Show me a magical feat of Sauron's that beats destroying an entire rebel fleet with one ability. 

Narsil broke when Elendil fell on it, no one even tried to destroy it, it broke by accident when a dude fell on it. Epic magic right there. Sauron had nothing to do with it breaking.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By xan84

@Baldy 

The sword broke when Sauron stepped on it. You can see it here at about 1:21 

Now for the ghost cutting  part. If they meant the part with the army of the dead then Aragorn had power over those guys not because of the sword but because of there "oath". He was the last descendent and had power over them. Also i don't remember ever cutting   any ghost just that Aragorn was able to block a ghostly blade ... But that is because of his power over those guys from the "oath". 

But this is getting old ... if a damn wolf was able to not only damage him but also beat him then a Sith is going to cut him to pieces. Sidious overkill.
ronki23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By ronki23
@Baldy said:

" @ronki23 said:

" I'm a Star Wars fan more than a LOTR fan but you guys are negating the fact that Narsil is a magical Elven blade specifically MADE FOR CUTTING THROUGH EVIL AND SUPERNATURAL SPIRITS,SOMETHING A LIGHTSABRE CAN NOT DO also, Narsil is not indestructible BUT it got broken by someone who easily weighed over 300lbs-heck,he's probably at least 400lbs; Isildur tried to lift it and Sauron stepped on it-of coure it would make metal snap!!! 

As I said Narisl or Anduril can cut through ghosts (see when Aragorn fights the King of the Dead) -it's not any old blade Sauron was not slow-it was a dramatic effect to show how even slow swings could pwn loads of soldiers;many of them Elves who trained hundreds of years.  Sauron could very well fight Sideous in a sword fight-obviously he'd need a lightmace to stand a chance. Even if Sideous killed him, his spirit would endure.  Not to mention Sauron's magical powers are pretty powerful; judging by what lesser beings such as Gandalf/Saruman can do (fire and lightning bolts,push and pull); I think he could very well beat Sideous  But Dooku would still beat Saruman ;) "

Cutting through ghosts is irrelevant. They arn't fighting a ghost here.  Sauron was defeated by a WOLFHOUND, this alone proves that he can be harmed by mundane means. Unless you're going to try to claim the wolfhound's teeth are sharper than a lightsaber. What Gandalf and Saruman can do are irrelevant, and Sauron's magic is not as powerful as the Emperor's darkside powers, not even close.  Show me a magical feat of Sauron's that beats destroying an entire rebel fleet with one ability.   Narsil broke when Elendil fell on it, no one even tried to destroy it, it broke by accident when a dude fell on it. Epic magic right there. Sauron had nothing to do with it breaking. "
I'm just saying; what's stopping gohst Sauron from possesing if not killing Sidious? Sauron only lost as his Ring was cut from his finger and his sprit broken by getting cut by Narsil

Narsil broke only when Sauron stepped on it-Isildur tried to lift Narsil and Sauron stepped on it while Isildur tried to lift it

Sauron could've pulled down Starships IF THEY WERE IN LOTR!!!
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By xan84

@ ronki23     

I'm just saying; what's stopping gohst Sauron from possesing if not killing Sidious? Sauron only lost as his Ring was cut from his finger and his sprit broken by getting cut by Narsil  

Fist if claws from a wolf can cut Sauron (yes he had a fight with a big wolf) then a lightsaber is going to cut him in 2. Second if Sauron losses the ring and goes BOOM the fight is over because Saruman CAN'T POSSES PEOPLE (he would have done it already if he could) and if he losses the ring and its unable to fight then its a win by incapacitation. it matters not if they can or not destroy the ring or his soul. Incapacitation is a win. 

Narsil broke only when Sauron stepped on it-Isildur tried to lift Narsil and Sauron stepped on it while Isildur tried to lift it 

True but unrelevant, claws can damage Sauron so yes ... 

Sauron could've pulled down Starships IF THEY WERE IN LOTR!!!      

LOLOLOL ... Can you prove it ? Do you got any feats to back this up ? I can't w8. Post link to stuff he was able to do in the movies/books and shows us some feats that would even come close to something like this. 

Sith Stom here ... sry.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Baldy
@Xan said:

"
@Baldy 

The sword broke when Sauron stepped on it. You can see it here at about 1:21 

Now for the ghost cutting  part. If they meant the part with the army of the dead then Aragorn had power over those guys not because of the sword but because of there "oath". He was the last descendent and had power over them. Also i don't remember ever cutting   any ghost just that Aragorn was able to block a ghostly blade ... But that is because of his power over those guys from the "oath".  But this is getting old ... if a damn wolf was able to not only damage him but also beat him then a Sith is going to cut him to pieces. Sidious overkill. "
The movie isn't canon, Sauron had nothing to do with breaking the sword in the book.

@ronki23 said:

" @Baldy said:

" @ronki23 said:

Cutting through ghosts is irrelevant. They arn't fighting a ghost here.  Sauron was defeated by a WOLFHOUND, this alone proves that he can be harmed by mundane means. Unless you're going to try to claim the wolfhound's teeth are sharper than a lightsaber. What Gandalf and Saruman can do are irrelevant, and Sauron's magic is not as powerful as the Emperor's darkside powers, not even close.  Show me a magical feat of Sauron's that beats destroying an entire rebel fleet with one ability.   Narsil broke when Elendil fell on it, no one even tried to destroy it, it broke by accident when a dude fell on it. Epic magic right there. Sauron had nothing to do with it breaking. "
I'm just saying; what's stopping gohst Sauron from possesing if not killing Sidious? Sauron only lost as his Ring was cut from his finger and his sprit broken by getting cut by Narsil  Narsil broke only when Sauron stepped on it-Isildur tried to lift Narsil and Sauron stepped on it while Isildur tried to lift it  Sauron could've pulled down Starships IF THEY WERE IN LOTR!!! "

What stopped "ghost" Sauron from possessing Isildur? Oh yeah that's because he was defeated and ran away to hide in the wasteland, the book says that he was defeated.

I didn't ask you what you think he can do due to random fanboy bias, I asked you to post a feat that is equal to that. So go ahead start posting feats that are as good as that and quit with the excuses.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Baldy
@Xan said:

True but unrelevant, claws can damage Sauron so yes ... 
  "
Not true. It broke when he fell on it.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By xan84

@ Baldy   

The movie isn't canon, Sauron had nothing to do with breaking the sword in the book.  

So in the books it get's broke  when that dude fell on it ? WOW even better. Never read the books so its good to know :P    
ronki23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By ronki23

Either way-that blade is specifically meant for stopping evil beings by cutting them and their souls

Sauron's ring was what deceived people and led them to their doom-it subconsciously told them to go back to him

Heck,even without Galadriel wearing the ring,he managed to persuade her how she should wear it. He even scared Gandalf (see when Frodo tells Gandalf that he should take it).

Do you honestly think a normal blade would have stopped Sauron?! Sauron was a being before the Ring so it means he doesn't need it to fight.

Sauron only lost because of Narsil

Not to mention he can control one's mind, push/pull them and use fire and lighting. If Gandalf and Saruman can do it then obviously Sauron can.

As for the Wolf,I don't think it was any old Wolf that beat him. Plus Sauron probs wasn't full power

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Baldy
@ronki23 said:
" Either way-that blade is specifically meant for stopping evil beings by cutting them and their souls  Sauron's ring was what deceived people and led them to their doom-it subconsciously told them to go back to him  Heck,even without Galadriel wearing the ring,he managed to persuade her how she should wear it. He even scared Gandalf (see when Frodo tells Gandalf that he should take it).  Do you honestly think a normal blade would have stopped Sauron?! Sauron was a being before the Ring so it means he doesn't need it to fight.  Sauron only lost because of Narsil  Not to mention he can control one's mind, push/pull them and use fire and lighting. If Gandalf and Saruman can do it then obviously Sauron can.  As for the Wolf,I don't think it was any old Wolf that beat him. Plus Sauron probs wasn't full power "
Prove that Narsil is more powerful than a lightsaber and that Sauron has the durability to take a hit from a lightsaber.

What he can do with the ring is pointless, Sidious isn't wearing the ring. Sauron does not have the ability to control people's minds, if he did then he wouldn't have needed to convince the people of Numenor over the course of 64 years to attack the Valar and if this WAS done via telepathy he must be the lamest telepath in the history of fiction. Where were the fireballs and lightning attacks when he got owned in the second age? Where were they when he got owned by the wolfhound?

The wolfhound was magically empowered to speak three times, and was the size of a small horse. There is no mention other than that of any extraordinary power beyond it's size. This PROVES that Sauron can be hurt by mundane means.

Stop with the circular arguments and try to actually prove somthing for a change.
ronki23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By ronki23
@Baldy said:
" @ronki23 said:
" Either way-that blade is specifically meant for stopping evil beings by cutting them and their souls  Sauron's ring was what deceived people and led them to their doom-it subconsciously told them to go back to him  Heck,even without Galadriel wearing the ring,he managed to persuade her how she should wear it. He even scared Gandalf (see when Frodo tells Gandalf that he should take it).  Do you honestly think a normal blade would have stopped Sauron?! Sauron was a being before the Ring so it means he doesn't need it to fight.  Sauron only lost because of Narsil  Not to mention he can control one's mind, push/pull them and use fire and lighting. If Gandalf and Saruman can do it then obviously Sauron can.  As for the Wolf,I don't think it was any old Wolf that beat him. Plus Sauron probs wasn't full power "
Prove that Narsil is more powerful than a lightsaber and that Sauron has the durability to take a hit from a lightsaber.  What he can do with the ring is pointless, Sidious isn't wearing the ring. Sauron does not have the ability to control people's minds, if he did then he wouldn't have needed to convince the people of Numenor over the course of 64 years to attack the Valar and if this WAS done via telepathy he must be the lamest telepath in the history of fiction. Where were the fireballs and lightning attacks when he got owned in the second age? Where were they when he got owned by the wolfhound?  The wolfhound was magically empowered to speak three times, and was the size of a small horse. There is no mention other than that of any extraordinary power beyond it's size. This PROVES that Sauron can be hurt by mundane means.  Stop with the circular arguments and try to actually prove somthing for a change. "
who said he isn't wearing the Ring?

Narsil was more powerful than a lightsabre WHEN IT COMES TO SAURON OR OTHER EVIL BEINGS

Not to mention he wasn't using short-term telepathy when it comes to Ringwraiths, he was changing them over time so they could also use magical powers

No weapon can defeat Sauron unless it is a magical elven blade; a lightsabre will NOT work on him-do you honestly think a sword that's not Narsil would beat him?! Even if he gets sliced with a lightsabre,his spirit and telepathic powers would tame Sideous easy;even as the Necromancer he was powerful and he bought up thousands of Orcs without a body

Plus you can't assume that Sauron's skills in weapons suck compared to Sideous; Sauron is a fallen Angel with thousands of years experience; Sidious' sabre skills won't be that good on him; heck, Sideos would probs lose close quarter
ronki23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By ronki23

The LOTR wiki

"Sauron possesses numerous Maiar powers, such as telepathy, telekinesis, superhuman strength and black sorcery"

"One of Sauron's most powerful and frightening powers is his ability to possess living creatures as well as artificial objects"

As for the Werewolf Huan

"he could not be killed unless it was by the greatest wolf that ever lived" 

Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#245  Edited By The Devil Tiger

Dooku win against Saruman. 

Sauron win against both Siths. 

He's powerful, has survive against death many at lest two times. Has been seen with power of changing shape many times in the Silmarillon. (Vampire and Werewolf.)  

Sidious is powerful and smart, but Sauron is wise and vicious as well. The ring only can make sidious his pawn, because he will wan to use it to feed his own power and be corrupted quickly. (A Nazgul Sith... That's a frigthning idea !)

For the other power of Sidious (You know, creating wormhole, force tempest and the rest...) I tend to think them as non canon I hear one time that George Lucas considerer all that weren't in the movie as non-canon, and I tend to believe it.    

Because if he was so powerful why not use these power to make the galaxy by himself under his boot ? Why bother to build the death star ?  
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By Baldy
@ronki23 said:
" @Baldy said:
" @ronki23 said:
Prove that Narsil is more powerful than a lightsaber and that Sauron has the durability to take a hit from a lightsaber.  What he can do with the ring is pointless, Sidious isn't wearing the ring. Sauron does not have the ability to control people's minds, if he did then he wouldn't have needed to convince the people of Numenor over the course of 64 years to attack the Valar and if this WAS done via telepathy he must be the lamest telepath in the history of fiction. Where were the fireballs and lightning attacks when he got owned in the second age? Where were they when he got owned by the wolfhound?  The wolfhound was magically empowered to speak three times, and was the size of a small horse. There is no mention other than that of any extraordinary power beyond it's size. This PROVES that Sauron can be hurt by mundane means.  Stop with the circular arguments and try to actually prove somthing for a change. "
who said he isn't wearing the Ring?  Narsil was more powerful than a lightsabre WHEN IT COMES TO SAURON OR OTHER EVIL BEINGS  Not to mention he wasn't using short-term telepathy when it comes to Ringwraiths, he was changing them over time so they could also use magical powers  No weapon can defeat Sauron unless it is a magical elven blade; a lightsabre will NOT work on him-do you honestly think a sword that's not Narsil would beat him?! Even if he gets sliced with a lightsabre,his spirit and telepathic powers would tame Sideous easy;even as the Necromancer he was powerful and he bought up thousands of Orcs without a body  Plus you can't assume that Sauron's skills in weapons suck compared to Sideous; Sauron is a fallen Angel with thousands of years experience; Sidious' sabre skills won't be that good on him; heck, Sideos would probs lose close quarter "
1) Don't be ridiculous, why would Sidious be wearing the ring? If he were he would auto-win due to Sauron being unable to do anything but hide like it says in the books. 

2) I asked for PROOF that Narsil is more powerful than a lightsaber and that Sauron can only be killed by magical elven swords. Repeating yourself using capital letters isn't proof. please tell me where exactly it says this in the books. Considering Huan could kill him, I don't think you're going to have much luck as it's obviously untrue.

3) If he got downed by a lightsaber he'll be seperated from the ring and the book says he is SEVERELY weakend when this happens because he invested a huge amount of power it in. When this happened in the book it said specificly that he was defeated and had to hide in the wastelands. Again, if this were not the case what stopped him from mind raping or possessing Isildur?

4) Sidious has much better telepathy feats than Sauron. he managed to cloud the minds of the ENTIRE Jedi council, a group of some of the most powerful force users in the galaxy.

5) There are no orcs in this battle and that took him THOUSANDS of years. Sidious conquered the entire galaxy within his own lifetime.

6) I can indeed assume that Sauron is worse at fighting because Sidious' powerset says he's better. unless you can find feats that beat precognition, enhanced speed, strength, agility, etc etc etc.

Sidious can just rip a hole into hyperspace and destroy him instantly.

@ronki23 said:
" The LOTR wiki

"Sauron possesses numerous Maiar powers, such as telepathy, telekinesis, superhuman strength and black sorcery"

"One of Sauron's most powerful and frightening powers is his ability to possess living creatures as well as artificial objects"  As for the Werewolf Huan   "he could not be killed unless it was by the greatest wolf that ever lived"  "

1) He may have telepathy but his feats suck, so unless you can prove otherwise his telepathy is terrible. Sidious has all of these abilities as well with the exception of "black sorcery" and the Force is plainly better than that as you can see by comparing feats.

2) Yet he never possesses anyone. Please give an example in which he used this power and the timeframe it takes because all of his powers seem to take hundreds if not thousands of years.

3) What does the fate of Huan mean? That's right absolutely nothing. Even if Huan wasn't destined to be killed by Sauron he could still have defeated him, maimed him to the degree that he couldn't fight anymore. Did he do that? No he got owned. This proves that Sauron is not immune to mundane weaponry.

@The Devil Tiger said:
" Dooku win against Saruman.  Sauron win against both Siths.  He's powerful, has survive against death many at lest two times. Has been seen with power of changing shape many times in the Silmarillon. (Vampire and Werewolf.)   Sidious is powerful and smart, but Sauron is wise and vicious as well. The ring only can make sidious his pawn, because he will wan to use it to feed his own power and be corrupted quickly. (A Nazgul Sith... That's a frigthning idea !) For the other power of Sidious (You know, creating wormhole, force tempest and the rest...) I tend to think them as non canon I hear one time that George Lucas considerer all that weren't in the movie as non-canon, and I tend to believe it.     Because if he was so powerful why not use these power to make the galaxy by himself under his boot ? Why bother to build the death star ?   "

EU is canon whether you like it or not. 

It doesn't matter what the ring can do as the only way Sidious can get it is by destroying Sauron's physical form which wins him the battle.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By xan84

@ Baldy,@ ronki23 

"he could not be killed unless it was by the greatest wolf that ever lived"      

3) What does the fate of Huan mean? That's right absolutely nothing. Even if Huan wasn't destined to be killed by Sauron he could still have defeated him, maimed him to the degree that he couldn't fight anymore. Did he do that? No he got owned. This proves that Sauron is not immune to mundane weaponry. 

Actualy he missed something "It was also prophesied that he could not be killed unless it was by the greatest wolf that ever lived."  

I hate when people take thing out of context  aka lie to to back up there points.  ronki23  i hope you know what a prophecy    is ? If not google it. I can give you an example of prophecy: 

"The mayan prophecy of 2012  " Do you actualy think the world is going to end in 2012 ?? 

Also you left something else out -->>>until Sauron himself came out, taking the shape of thegreatest wolf that had ever lived up to that point  so he was actualy using that prophecy against Huan and still lost ... 

ronki23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By ronki23

@Baldy: 

1) Don't be ridiculous, why would Sidious be wearing the ring? If he were he would auto-win due to Sauron being unable to do anything but hide like it says in the books. 

3) If he got downed by a lightsaber he'll be seperated from the ring and the book says he is SEVERELY weakend when this happens because he invested a huge amount of power it in. When this happened in the book it said specificly that he was defeated and had to hide in the wastelands. Again, if this were not the case what stopped him from mind raping or possessing Isildur?      

Sauron didn't simply hide, he managed to create armies of 1000s of Orcs and Trolls and even persuade humans (Haradrim,Easterlings,Corsairs of Umbar) to join him. 
He did "mind rape" Isuldur to his death; the Ring is a part of Sauron, therefore,Sauron tempts Isildur with power. Later on, the Ring happens to "slip" from Isildur's finger. 
He also "mind raped" Gollum into killing Deagol and living alone with the Ring. He gave Gollums schizophrenia due to this and eventually the orcs found him and tortured him for the Hobbits' location. 
Even without Gandalf,Boromir and Galadirel wearing it, Sauron tempted them to take it from him; Gandalf and Galadriel had to fight temptation while Boromir succumbed to it. 

1) He may have telepathy but his feats suck
2) Yet he never possesses anyone. Please give an example in which he used this power and the timeframe it takes because all of his powers seem to take hundreds if not thousands of years.      

So luring nine Royals to their doom, making them ghosts with supernatural powers such as: 

"seeing many signs and forms invisible to mortal eyes...surrounded by an aura of terror affecting all living creatures...poisonous  black breath...cries causing terror and despair in all who hear them...use of magic to devastating effect" 

is not impressive eh? Before you say how Aragorn and Arwen/Glorifindel beat them; they were better swordsmen while Aragorn had fire on his side to repel them while Arwen/Glorifindel used magic

What about the fact that he persuaded thousands of humans to join him.Or the fact he created trolls,goblins,orcs and Uruk Hai. Or even the fact he lured Gandalf's superior to his side. 

R.E. Narsil and its use on evil spirits 

"the sword of Elendil filled Orcs and Men with fear, for it shone with the light of the sun and of the moon, and it was named Narsil" 

"But even as the orc flung down the truncheon and swept out his scimitar, Andúril came down upon his helm. There was a flash like flame and the helm burst asunder. The orc fell with cloven head

"Aragorn threw back his cloak. The elven-sheath glittered as he grasped it, and the bright blade of Andúril shone like a sudden flame as he swept it out." 

'Charging from the side, they hurled themselves upon the wild men. Andúril rose and fell, gleaming with white fire. A shout went up from wall and tower: "Andúril! Andúril goes to war. The Blade that was Broken shines again!" ...Three times Aragorn and Éomer rallied them, and three times Andúril flamed in a desperate charge that drove the enemy from the wall.'       

Tolkien confirms that this glow was not simply due to reflection or polishing in a private letter, where he describes Andúril as glowing with an "elvish light". 

Thus, the sword was enriched with the talents of three great races of Middle-Earth - Dwarves, Elves and Men - further illustrating its perfection as a symbol of kingdoms reunited and kinship triumphant.     

Firstly, you'll see elven weaponry and its effect on evil beings e.g. in the Mines of Moria or even against Shelob 

"The elves possessed skills and knowledge that appeared as 'magic' to men"      

Now,read the next post on Sauron's loss to the Wolf

ronki23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By ronki23

Huan 

"It was also prophesied that he could not be killed unless it was by the greatest wolf that ever lived." 

"Aware of a prophecy to the effect that Huan would be killed by the greatest wolf ever, Sauron himself assumed a monstrous wolf-like form and attacked him. But the prophecy actually applied to the still-unborn Carcharoth, and Wolf-Sauron could not prevail against Huan" 

So-Huan could NOT be killed unless it was by Carcharoth. Huan was obviously more powerful than Sauron whle Sauron was a wolf 

Regarding prophecies, see Hector vs Achilles; as great a warrior Hector was, he never hurt Achilles and Achilles killed him. Why? it was prophesised Achilles would fall by his heel. 

Finally, 

Palpatine effectively loses to Mace Windu and Yoda. The former was in his fifties yet could take anyone in a lightsabre fight AND he crushed Grevious' chest plate; only because Anakin helped him did he lose. The latter was superior in force and sword fighting skills to Palpatine and he only lost from falling from a great height and did not have enough time to finish Palpatine for his clonetroopers came as reinforcements. See how Palpatine was scared when both Windu and Yoda deflected his lightning

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By xan84
@ronki23 said:

Huan 

"It was also prophesied that he could not be killed unless it was by the greatest wolf that ever lived." 

"Aware of a prophecy to the effect that Huan would be killed by the greatest wolf ever, Sauron himself assumed a monstrous wolf-like form and attacked him. But the prophecy actually applied to the still-unborn Carcharoth, and Wolf-Sauron could not prevail against Huan"  So-Huan could NOT be killed unless it was by Carcharoth. Huan was obviously more powerful than Sauron whle Sauron was a wolf   Regarding prophecies, see Hector vs Achilles; as great a warrior Hector was, he never hurt Achilles and Achilles killed him. Why? it was prophesised Achilles would fall by his heel.  Finally,  Palpatine effectively loses to Mace Windu and Yoda. The former was in his fifties yet could take anyone in a lightsabre fight AND he crushed Grevious' chest plate; only because Anakin helped him did he lose. The latter was superior in force and sword fighting skills to Palpatine and he only lost from falling from a great height and did not have enough time to finish Palpatine for his clonetroopers came as reinforcements. See how Palpatine was scared when both Windu and Yoda deflected his lightning "

Can you read ? Perhaps i am not sure. Can you comprehend the words ? NO. Do you know what a prophecy is ? NO.

Go look it up.  

Oh yeah do you think the world will end in 2012 ? There is a prophecy about that to.

Claws> Sauron.