Darth Sidious and Count Dooku vs Sauron and Saruman

Zarx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Zarx

as the topic never stated what point each of the characters were I am going to do some assuming but anyway.
first I am going to rule out Saruman and dooku as they are totally insignificantcompaired to the others. then I am going to use Movie canon, with a bit of expanded to give him some extra kick for Sidious and book cannon for Sauron. 

now I am going to use Sauron before he lost his ring (at the hand of an elder elf who was many times more powerful than the weekend elves in the war of the ring). At this point I have decided to keep armies out of this so it's one on one. and we will stay away from mind control, sauron basically is left with the strength of a hundred men and immortality his one weakness  being the one ring which contains most of his power, the one ring can only be destroyed in mount doom and as long as it exists he will continue to exist and gain power even without the ring he is more powerful than any man (in the books Sauron remade his physical form minus his ring finger on his right hand, as gollum says) on the other hand is one of the most powerful sith ever who can create force storms that can destroy entire fleets but requires time and concentration to perform such feats  his main power lies in minipulation (which I have left out as it would be a dead heat.) Sidious without and war ships cant destroy the planet he is on without killing himself, though he can return as a "force ghost" so can't realy be killed either so it's a draw with sauron winning when he regains his physical form.

Sun King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Sun King
@Xan said:
"@Sun King said:
"@Baldy said:
"@Sun King said:

" @Baldy said:

" @Argentino_18 said:
" Sauron is a fraggin Demigod!!!!!! So is Saruman, At full power they exterminate the happy sith eldery couple with no effort... "
Like I just said, then why did he have so much trouble with a hobbit?  Name some feats that are superior to the Emperor's. "
Erm, didn't the Emperor have trouble with Ewoks??............ "
No, he wasn't on Endor. The Ewoks only fought some Stormtroopers and had rebel assistance.  

@Sun King said:
" Okay, Question for you pro Sith:  Do you honestly, HONESTLY think that Dooku or Sidious could have taken out a Balrog 1v1?? "
With ease. "
Well, Sauron didn't fight Frodo either, and Frodo was aided by an entire army of humans, elves and ents etc.  All I'm saying is, don't mention the Hobbits defeating Sauron as proof of Sauron's weakness especially since the Emperor was undone by a gang of Teddy Bears!  And what has Dooku done to make you think he could take out a massive Fire Demon!!!??? I don't know all the Emperor's feats post ROTJ, so I'll take your word on him.  "
First as you said there where not ONLY "Teddy Bears" but also the republic and some "heroes". Those "Teddy Bears"  where also something like the indians in South America. You can go in there with machine guns and whatever but they can shoot you from the trees or whatever with poison stuff. Those little dudes had some preaty good traps.  Dooku could do something to stop that demon. Destroy that cave they where in (well part of it) crumble it down on the demon so he will get stuck in there. We also have no idea if a light saber could cut him , if it could ... well his in big trouble. If starkiller can pull a damn stardestroyer out of the sky Dooku could crush that demon to. "

LOL.   You remind me of that scene in The Holy Grail outside the cave:   “That Rabbit’s a vicious killer mate!!”

Dude, they were Teddy Bears, small, cuddly, fluffy TEDDY BEARS!!!   Not Inca warriors, bred for death and war!   Nope apparently the Darkside is no match for the Care Bear Stare!!!

On the Subject of Dooku, yeah, He might be able to cut off Balrog’s head, after several hacks.   This is assuming that the Balrog is kind enough to hold perfectly still and do nothing.  However, if the Balrog does decide to, breath fire, use his fire sword, fire whip etc, how is Dooku blocking that??  

Also, I would say Starkiller is way more powerful that Dooku!!

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By Baldy
@Sun King said:
" @Xan said:
"@Sun King said:
"@Baldy said:
"@Sun King said:

" @Baldy said:

" @Argentino_18 said:
" Sauron is a fraggin Demigod!!!!!! So is Saruman, At full power they exterminate the happy sith eldery couple with no effort... "
Like I just said, then why did he have so much trouble with a hobbit?  Name some feats that are superior to the Emperor's. "
Erm, didn't the Emperor have trouble with Ewoks??............ "
No, he wasn't on Endor. The Ewoks only fought some Stormtroopers and had rebel assistance.  

@Sun King said:
" Okay, Question for you pro Sith:  Do you honestly, HONESTLY think that Dooku or Sidious could have taken out a Balrog 1v1?? "
With ease. "
Well, Sauron didn't fight Frodo either, and Frodo was aided by an entire army of humans, elves and ents etc.  All I'm saying is, don't mention the Hobbits defeating Sauron as proof of Sauron's weakness especially since the Emperor was undone by a gang of Teddy Bears!  And what has Dooku done to make you think he could take out a massive Fire Demon!!!??? I don't know all the Emperor's feats post ROTJ, so I'll take your word on him.  "
First as you said there where not ONLY "Teddy Bears" but also the republic and some "heroes". Those "Teddy Bears"  where also something like the indians in South America. You can go in there with machine guns and whatever but they can shoot you from the trees or whatever with poison stuff. Those little dudes had some preaty good traps.  Dooku could do something to stop that demon. Destroy that cave they where in (well part of it) crumble it down on the demon so he will get stuck in there. We also have no idea if a light saber could cut him , if it could ... well his in big trouble. If starkiller can pull a damn stardestroyer out of the sky Dooku could crush that demon to. "

LOL.   You remind me of that scene in The Holy Grail outside the cave:   “That Rabbit’s a vicious killer mate!!”

Dude, they were Teddy Bears, small, cuddly, fluffy TEDDY BEARS!!!   Not Inca warriors, bred for death and war!   Nope apparently the Darkside is no match for the Care Bear Stare!!!

On the Subject of Dooku, yeah, He might be able to cut off Balrog’s head, after several hacks.   This is assuming that the Balrog is kind enough to hold perfectly still and do nothing.  However, if the Balrog does decide to, breath fire, use his fire sword, fire whip etc, how is Dooku blocking that??  

"
The same way he blocked Yoda's attacks.

Remember I also mentioned the use of force powers.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Baldy
@Hellos said:
" @Xan:  I don't particular remember the process of how they produce it, I am sure the information is out there. Thing is though force lightling, Mace Windu was frying Sidious with his own lightling, now if you are now creating massive wormholes that are destroying entire ships despite you being the source, if it comes into contact with you, much like force lightling, I would expect you be harmed badly.  If it was a reasonable solution to use in melee range Sidious would have been blasting people left and right with it. Same way everyone else does to take down a sith lord, kill the body. They for the most part won't bug you as force ghosts, and the body remains killable.  There is more than just fire balls, just my memory is beyond fuzzy on the subject.  If he really could keep his distance and use it without completely killing himself I would agree he would take both of them down with relative ease. If Sauron doesn't have his body he can't really fight unless one of the sith lords picks up the ring and then finds themselves getting hijacked by him. "
Mace didn't fry him with his own lightning, it was a ploy to draw Anakin to the Darkside.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By xan84

@ Sun King

Dooku is not stupid enought to try to block it he will DODGE it.  
Those teddy bears reminds me of that movie with gremlins. We also have no idea what training they had but they where good enought to put traps that can stop huge walker robots. 

i think so to but that demon is not the size of a Stardestroyer .. Not even close. 

@ zarx

now I am going to use Sauron before he lost his ring (at the hand of an elder elf who was many times more powerful than the weekend elves in the war of the ring

A NORMAL human cut his finger off not the elf and then refused to trow it in mount doom. 

Sidious telekinesis is trong enought to just lift Sauron and trow his lightsaber at him cuting him down to pieces. 

PS who's "other" account are you ?

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By xan84
@Baldy said:
" @Hellos said:
" @Xan:  I don't particular remember the process of how they produce it, I am sure the information is out there. Thing is though force lightling, Mace Windu was frying Sidious with his own lightling, now if you are now creating massive wormholes that are destroying entire ships despite you being the source, if it comes into contact with you, much like force lightling, I would expect you be harmed badly.  If it was a reasonable solution to use in melee range Sidious would have been blasting people left and right with it. Same way everyone else does to take down a sith lord, kill the body. They for the most part won't bug you as force ghosts, and the body remains killable.  There is more than just fire balls, just my memory is beyond fuzzy on the subject.  If he really could keep his distance and use it without completely killing himself I would agree he would take both of them down with relative ease. If Sauron doesn't have his body he can't really fight unless one of the sith lords picks up the ring and then finds themselves getting hijacked by him. "
Mace didn't fry him with his own lightning, it was a ploy to draw Anakin to the Darkside. "

HAHA you belive that to ? I had a huge debate with some peeps here about this before you joined. They keep on saying i had no proof of this, really annoying :P But to tell the truth they never said it outright ..
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Hellos

@Baldy

said:

"Yes, you do need to post feats.  
You keep claiming Sauron is more powerful than Sidious and yet you have no evidence to back it up. Make with the feats. Chop chop. 

I keep claiming he can beat him in a fight via use of magic, not that the character is more powerful(although immortality and some real telepathy are good abilities)   
Zoom is an example of someone that isn't that powerful imo with a limited power base that can defeat much more powerful characters.    
Overall destructive power has nothing to do with it if one of the characters has a simple cheap method of destroying the other.

The only thing that is needed to be proven is if he have an effective method of killing Sidious.  Preferably one that will not be shot down by saying force pushing will fix it.

From what I know about Sauron, he corrupted things left and right Middle Earth, his name brings fear to all that live there, he has decieved the elves and even fought them, he himself isn't human and he access to powerful dark forms of magic.  
The full extent of what magic can be used for is beyond me, there are a few things I remember seeing / reading about, but again I am not a fan of LOTR there a quite a few destructive methods and a bit of transmutation turning the enemy to stone, and ofcourse in Sauron's case talking to and bringing back the dead with necromancy along with empowering his own henchmen while corrupting the hell out of them. 

And being able to fling people helplessly into the air. All in all, FIRE BALL! I  also think he has a bit of shape shifting under his belt.
"Dooku could just chop the things head off with a lightsaber, or just force choke it, or push it off a cliff etc. "    
It has a freakishly big neck man, atleast from what I remember. Not to mention it will not just let Dooku use his agility to fling himself around that neck with a light saber. 

@Xan

said:
"

@ Hellos

The way i understant that fight is that Sidious was draining himself to keep the force lighting up so Mace lightsaber would not cut his head off. I got no indication that Windu whas trowing his lighting back at him. Obi1 blocks some lighting with his lightsaber and nothing goes back to Dooku. There is no indication that bloking force storm with your sword sends it back at your attacker. Yoda sending it back its a diferent thing. He absorbes it and then he sends it back. We can get from this that by absorbing it Yoda is changing the thing with his spiritual force (or whatever you whant to call it). 

Same way everyone else does to take down a sith lord, kill the body. They for the most part won't bug you as force ghosts, and the body remains killable.  

Sion was unkillable (by just willing it)  as i said before and Nilius had his soul attached to his mask and armour so he can't die. Some of the sith where able to find a way out.

"

He was using the force to keep himself alive I think a bit too, but I haven't read up on that little fight with windu in a while. But if I remember the film correctly, he actually smocking after he stopped zapping his force lightling with mace windu was seemingly redirecting at him, with his light saber. The reason why Obi isn't doing that to Dooku could be multiple reasons imo, one that comes to mind first, Mace is simply a more powerful / experienced Jedi Master, or you have to be really close to deflect it back at the user.

A sword will not block force storm or redirect it, I am talking about him actually using it close up can only lead to trouble for him especially in his old man body. If he is blasting someone right infront of him with an attack that levels star ships thats going to probably result in him harming himself.

Some Emperor himself came up with a clever way to avoid death, atleast until he got !@#$ed over.

@zarx

said:

"as the topic never stated what point each of the characters were I am going to do some assuming but anyway. first I am going to rule out Saruman and dooku as they are totally insignificantcompaired to the others. then I am going to use Movie canon, with a bit of expanded to give him some extra kick for Sidious and book cannon for Sauron.   now I am going to use Sauron before he lost his ring (at the hand of an elder elf who was many times more powerful than the weekend elves in the war of the ring). At this point I have decided to keep armies out of this so it's one on one. and we will stay away from mind control, sauron basically is left with the strength of a hundred men and immortality his one weakness  being the one ring which contains most of his power, the one ring can only be destroyed in mount doom and as long as it exists he will continue to exist and gain power even without the ring he is more powerful than any man (in the books Sauron remade his physical form minus his ring finger on his right hand, as gollum says) on the other hand is one of the most powerful sith ever who can create force storms that can destroy entire fleets but requires time and concentration to perform such feats  his main power lies in minipulation (which I have left out as it would be a dead heat.) Sidious without and war ships cant destroy the planet he is on without killing himself, though he can return as a "force ghost" so can't realy be killed either so it's a draw with sauron winning when he regains his physical form. "

Now that there is an LOTR fans seemingly here to the rescue go debate with them for a bit while I nap.  

@Baldy said:

"Mace didn't fry him with his own lightning, it was a ploy to draw Anakin to the Darkside. "

That is unlikely imo. 

He already has Anakin breaking a sweat by saying the only way to save the one he loves is through him, Mace nearly chopping his head off leaves him again in the position of either choosing to remain a jedi or work with Sidious. 
He didn't have to fry his face to get Anakin to go with him and unless theirs a source saying otherwise that sounds like something the fans made up. 

Don't you think Mace would have been like "WHY ARE YOU FRYING YOUR FACE SITH LORD?"    
Sun King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Sun King
@Baldy: 

WTF.  OF COURSE Mace Fryed him with his own lighting!!!! That's how his face got scarred!!! (Not because he was drained!!).  It even says so in the DVD commentary!!  And trust me, Palpatine was NOT using it as a deploy.  He was $hit scared that Mace was going to kill him and desperately trying the lighting to save his a$$
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By xan84
@Sun King said:

"@Baldy:  WTF.  OF COURSE Mace Fryed him with his own lighting!!!! That's how his face got scarred!!! (Not because he was drained!!).  It even says so in the DVD commentary!!  And trust me, Palpatine was NOT using it as a deploy.  He was $hit scared that Mace was going to kill him and desperately trying the lighting to save his a$$ "

Can you find some oficial source where it says all that  ? I realy whant to see it.
 Perhaps you cand find something on youtube ? Not that i don't belive you but i whant to see it with my eyes :P 
That film was all about how Sidious whanted anakin he even left Dooku get killed for that.  

Again if you got a link i would apreciate it.
Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saurons like a God...how can Star Wars even begin to compare...
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Baldy
@Hellos:@Sun King: Both wrong, it was an obvious ploy to lure him to the Darkside and there is a lot of evidence to support this.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Baldy
@They Killed Cap! said:
" Saurons like a God...how can Star Wars even begin to compare... "
Being 'like a god' means absolutely nothing if you don't have the feats to back it up.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By xan84
@They Killed Cap! said:

"Saurons like a God...how can Star Wars even begin to compare... "

A God that can be cut by a sword ? Think before you post ...  

PS what whas his biggest feat of incredible GOD LIKE POWER ? killing some dudes with swords lol ... I can do that with a machine gun    easy
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By xan84
@Baldy said:
" @They Killed Cap! said:
" Saurons like a God...how can Star Wars even begin to compare... "
Being 'like a god' means absolutely nothing if you don't have the feats to back it up. "

Marvel Ares comes to mind. God means preaty much nothing this days ..
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Hellos

@Baldy said:

" @Hellos:@Sun King: Both wrong, it was an obvious ploy to lure him to the Darkside and there is a lot of evidence to support this. "

Wheres this mountain of evidence that I missed watching that film. 
He already had Anakin freaking out, why would he need to destroy his own face? 

He didn't want to die, he tried to use force lightling to avoid having his head chopped off, and you can see him frying himself as it reflects off the sword. 
Honestly I don't see how this is confusing, it looks very much as it is intended to look. 

@Xan said:

"Marvel Ares comes to mind. God means preaty much nothing this days .. "

It also didn't mean much back during ancient Greece, the Greek gods had loads of issues.    
Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Xan:

Ok well his spirt in the Hobbit was bound to the tower of Bardour (probably not spelled right)...this is in the Hobbit when he was referred to as the witch or watever and also the reason for Gandalph leaving Bilbos party for a good portion of the boot.  

Just his meer spirt forced a large force to rally against him, and in the long run all they accomplished is to move him out of a swamp and back to his tower. 

His cutting off of the ring finger was dumb luck and it grossly depowered him but if you reference what I just mentioned about his depowered state above that should help give context to his fully powered state.. 

If you read the Silmerillian...the way they describe him was as a socerous and shapeshifter with immense powers and he was one of the more average minons of Morgoth. 

What I have seen from the Sith in my opinon dosen't come close to his immense powers. I don't think Star Wars can compare. 
 I havn't read any of the Star Wars books but in the movies the Sith counldn't approach the level of powers put on display by the dark lord. Perhaps the books and comics expand upon this, I don't. Maybe you can help me there. 

He dominates whole country's just by his gaze. 

I do know what you mean when you say being a God dosen't really mean anything. I hope this helps you understand where I am coming from.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By xan84

@ They Killed Cap!

All that stuff you said = nothing. It has 0 feats in it. Give us on panel feats of him doing something. 

His cutting off of the ring finger was dumb luck and it grossly depowered him but if you reference what I just mentioned about his depowered state above that should help give context to his fully powered state..  

Don't make me laugh all i need to know is that a sword can cut him ... There is your fuly powered god

Just his meer spirt forced a large force to rally against him, and in the long run all they accomplished is to move him out of a swamp and back to his tower. 

Yes dudes with swords and bows. Again how is this helping your case ? 

If you read the Silmerillian...the way they describe him was as a socerous and shapeshifter with immense powers and he was one of the more average minons of Morgoth. 

To bad you got no feats and his getting owned by a human with a sword. 

What I have seen from the Sith in my opinon dosen't come close to his immense powers. I don't think Star Wars can compare. 
 I havn't read any of the Star Wars books but in the movies the Sith counldn't approach the level of powers put on display by the dark lord. Perhaps the books and comics expand upon this, I don't. Maybe you can help me there. 

Realy ? perhaps you can give feats like: 

Destroying stars with a wave of his hand. Feading and killing all life on a planet (doing it casualy to). Creating a force storm that was able to destroy a fleet of starships and there is more. Starkiler was able using nothing but the force to pull a Stardestroyer out of the sky (imagine how huge this thing is and what engines it has).
Just some of the stuff the stih lords can do. 

Sidious doing the same thing to a Galaxy. 

I do know what you mean when you say being a God dosen't really mean anything. I hope this helps you understand where I am coming from.     

Perhaps i am just slow but i don't get it. What feats do you have to back that up. 
Post things like. 
In book x he was able to wave his hand and kill all life on a continent or whatever. Thease are feats.

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Hellos
@Xan said:

"

@ They Killed Cap!

All that stuff you said = nothing. It has 0 feats in it. Give us on panel feats of him doing something. 

Don't make me laugh all i need to know is that a sword can cut him ... There is your fuly powered god

Swords can cut a lot of divine beings, doesn't stop them from being able to destroy a universe. Case and point Haruhi Suzumiya, the chick can wipe out or recreate the universe while still getting a paper cut.

Yes dudes with swords and bows. Again how is this helping your case ? He had all of Middle Earth gunning for him.

To bad you got no feats and his getting owned by a human with a sword. 

Far from owned, Sauron walked up to a group of them, he owned all of them, the last guy seemingly swings randomly into the air to remove the finger that happens to have Saurons ring on it. Which depowers him for a bit, he is immortal, he was still powerful. He just got owned by the plot of the story.

Realy ? perhaps you can give feats like: 

Destroying stars with a wave of his hand. Feading and killing all life on a planet (doing it casualy to). Creating a force storm that was able to destroy a fleet of starships and there is more. Starkiler was able using nothing but the force to pull a Stardestroyer out of the sky (imagine how huge this thing is and what engines it has).
Just some of the stuff the stih lords can do.

Not every Sith Lord comes close to this, a lot of them not even close became that powerful. 

Sidious doing the same thing to a Galaxy. 

Not without his armies and tech. He still is the most successful Sith Lord to date. 

Perhaps i am just slow but i don't get it. What feats do you have to back that up. 
Post things like. 

In book x he was able to wave his hand and kill all life on a continent or whatever. These are feats."

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By xan84

Swords can cut a lot of divine beings, doesn't stop them from being able to destroy a universe. Case and point Haruhi Suzumiya, the chick can wipe out or recreate the universe while still getting a paper cut. 

I got no idea who that is. Bad writing . Someone who can do that can make himself invulnerable.  

Far from owned, Sauron walked up to a group of them, he owned all of them, the last guy seemingly swings randomly into the air to remove the finger that happens to have Saurons ring on it. Which depowers him for a bit, he is immortal, he was still powerful. He just got owned by the plot of the story.

He got owned by a human with a sword. The fact that he was able to blast apart all those dudes with swords is not helping the fact that a sword can cut him so any sith will cut him TO PIECES. 

Not every Sith Lord comes close to this, a lot of them not even close became that powerful.  

i never said all of them. That dude whanted feats of what Sith lords can do and i posted some of the things the best of them can do and its way above anything we got to see from Sauron. 

Not without his armies and tech. He still is the most successful Sith Lord to date.  

Same thing goes for Sauron ffs. Do you thing he can take on middle earth all by himself ? then why is he using Mordor's army ? 
You know 1 force storm would destroy Gondor ... Just saying :P

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Baldy
@Xan said:
"

I got no idea who that is. Bad writing . Someone who can do that can make himself invulnerable.  

He got owned by a human with a sword. The fact that he was able to blast apart all those dudes with swords is not helping the fact that a sword can cut him so any sith will cut him TO PIECES. 

i never said all of them. That dude whanted feats of what Sith lords can do and i posted some of the things the best of them can do and its way above anything we got to see from Sauron. 

Same thing goes for Sauron ffs. Do you thing he can take on middle earth all by himself ? then why is he using Mordor's army ? You know 1 force storm would destroy Gondor ... Just saying :P       "
We already know why he needs an army. He gets owned by some dude with a sword who can't even fight.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Hellos

@Xan said:

"

No thats just the characters, although shes fully capable of doing that she doesn't will it. Point is you can be an absolute rediculous power house and still be harmed.

He got owned by a human with a sword. The fact that he was able to blast apart all those dudes with swords is not helping the fact that a sword can cut him so any sith will cut him TO PIECES. I assume the rest of the men gave a good effort to actually cut him, he was seemingly. 

There probably isn't much of a physical form to cut, its just when the ring got cut off he turned into dust.(I am talking film version atm)

Just saying, a lot of sith lords have been mediocre or just plain cocky getting cut in half. Only a few actually get powerful enough to do something cool.

Same thing goes for Sauron ffs. Do you thing he can take on middle earth all by himself ? then why is he using Mordor's army ? You know 1 force storm would destroy Gondor ... Just saying :P       "  

To be fair he can do it a a giant fiery eye always watching you. :P   

@Baldy said:

"We already know why he needs an army. He gets owned by some dude with a sword who can't even fight. "

Now your just plain hating on a character, which is a bit disappointing to see. 
This doesn't promote good conversation or debating.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Baldy
@Hellos said:
"

@Xan said:

"

No thats just the characters, although shes fully capable of doing that she doesn't will it. Point is you can be an absolute rediculous power house and still be harmed.

He got owned by a human with a sword. The fact that he was able to blast apart all those dudes with swords is not helping the fact that a sword can cut him so any sith will cut him TO PIECES. I assume the rest of the men gave a good effort to actually cut him, he was seemingly. 

There probably isn't much of a physical form to cut, its just when the ring got cut off he turned into dust.(I am talking film version atm)

Just saying, a lot of sith lords have been mediocre or just plain cocky getting cut in half. Only a few actually get powerful enough to do something cool.

@Baldy said:

"We already know why he needs an army. He gets owned by some dude with a sword who can't even fight. "

Now your just plain hating on a character, which is a bit disappointing to see. This doesn't promote good conversation or debating.    "
Hmm? What about what I said was untrue?

Lightsaber>Sword>Sauron.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Hellos
@Baldy said:

"Hmm? What about what I said was untrue?  Lightsaber>Sword>Sauron. "

It just paints you in a negative light.  It was generally an un needed comment.

Which might have been avoided with alink to some site where you could actually read about the character, know why slicing off the ring would depower him, what his accomplishments on middle earth. 
In general letting you get a feel for the character and have real debate knowing what he is capable of, other than one scene in the movie / begining of the story where he gets his finger cut off.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By xan84

Lightsaber>Sword>Sauron.  

hilarious    

@Hellos
said:
"@Baldy said:
It just paints you in a negative light.  It was generally an un needed comment.Which might havebeen avoided with alink to some site where you could actually read about the character, know why slicing off the ring would depower him, what his accomplishment where on middle earth. In general letting you get a feel for the character and have real debate knowing what he is capable of, other than one scene in the movie / begining of the story. "

Can you stop with the cuting of the ring and depowering him ? You realy can't see the point of this. A sword can cut him, that is the point not what can depower him. So if a sword can cut him a lightsaber would cut him to pieces. 

Sauron was slow like hell in his swings. A stih could just trow his lightsaber and cut his head right off his sholders. If that is not going to work he can repeat that as much as he needs until its just little pieces of him around. He can even just go and cut his hands right off so he can't use his weapon and if that happends his ring goes to.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Baldy
@Hellos said:
" @Baldy said:

It just paints you in a negative light.  It was generally an un needed comment.Which might have been avoided with alink to some site where you could actually read about the character, know why slicing off the ring would depower him, what his accomplishments on middle earth. In general letting you get a feel for the character and have real debate knowing what he is capable of, other than one scene in the movie / begining of the story where he gets his finger cut off. "
No it doesn't. It's the truth.

A lightsaber is going to cut through him like butter. He has no chance at all with his extremely limited combat skill and speed.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Hellos
@Xan said:

"
Lightsaber>Sword>Sauron.  

hilarious 

That entirely depends on the individual.  

Can you stop with the cuting of the ring and depowering him ?  
You realy can't see the point of this. A sword can cut him, that is the point not what can depower him. So if a sword can cut him a lightsaber would cut him to pieces.  Sauron was slow like hell in his swings. A stih could just trow his lightsaber and cut his head right off his sholders. If that is not going to work he can repeat that as much as he needs until its just little pieces of him around. He can even just go and cut his hands right off so he can't use his weapon and if that happends his ring goes to. "

People are holding this low showing close to their heart and basing their debate on it.  
In general not knowing much about the character at all, admittedly. I really don't see how I was wrong with what said. 

@Baldy said:

"No it doesn't. It's the truth.  A lightsaber is going to cut through him like butter. He has no chance at all with his extremely limited combat skill and speed. "

Again what do you know about his combat skill / speed from a low showing of someone seemingly luckily cutting off his finger after his comrades where slaughtered seemingly unable to harm him, from the begining of the film? 
Your making his minions sound more powerful than him and pretty much ignoring the history behind the character.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Baldy
@Hellos said:
" @Xan said:

"
Lightsaber>Sword>Sauron.  

hilarious 

You realy can't see the point of this. A sword can cut him, that is the point not what can depower him. So if a sword can cut him a lightsaber would cut him to pieces.  Sauron was slow like hell in his swings. A stih could just trow his lightsaber and cut his head right off his sholders. If that is not going to work he can repeat that as much as he needs until its just little pieces of him around. He can even just go and cut his hands right off so he can't use his weapon and if that happends his ring goes to. "

People are holding this low showing close to their heart and basing their debate on it.  In general not knowing much about the character at all, admittedly. I really don't see how I was wrong with what said. "
No they mention it because it's the only time his durability has been shown. I don't see how it could possibly be a low showing when it's his only showing.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By xan84

I can't edit my post so .. 

Then that is not a good example. She is not using the full extent of her powers.  Find another. 

His got a physical form to. Think of the Wich King he looked the same and when that babe hit him with that sword in the head he died.  
And more examples when Frodo puts on the rings he can see them without there armors . The look like zombies. Non-corporeal is just when his the eye version.   

One of the those Sith is in this battle so .. 

Yeah but you need to put on the ring to see it. So i don't know how it scare people and also he can't see everywhere. He needs for Frodo to put on the ring to see him.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By xan84
@Baldy said:
" @Hellos said:
" @Xan said:

"
Lightsaber>Sword>Sauron.  

hilarious 

People are holding this low showing close to their heart and basing their debate on it.  In general not knowing much about the character at all, admittedly. I really don't see how I was wrong with what said. "
No they mention it because it's the only time his durability has been shown. I don't see how it could possibly be a low showing when it's his only showing. "

Well said. 

Again what do you know about his combat skill / speed from a low showing of someone seemingly luckily cutting off his finger after his comrades where slaughtered seemingly unable to harm him, from the begining of the film? 
Your making his minions sound more powerful than him and pretty much ignoring the history behind the character.

What i mean is when his beating on the army his slow with his swings now when that guy get's the luky heat. 
i played a game LOTR B4ME (i know its a game) but man he swings slowly :P Oh and i can make a custom hero that can beat his ass :D (in B4ME 2).
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Hellos

@Baldy said:

"No they mention it because it's the only time his durability has been shown. I don't see how it could possibly be a low showing when it's his only showing. "

If you base your entire debate over it, ignore everything else (well in this case not even bother to look him up) hes going to look like a whimp.

@Xan said:

"

Then that is not a good example. She is not using the full extent of her powers.  Find another. 

Yeah but you need to put on the ring to see it. So i don't know how it scare people and also he can't see everywhere. He needs for Frodo to put on the ring to see him. "

Its a solid example that someone can be incredibly powerful and still get seemingly harmed by something incredibly inferior.  

You don't need the ring to see the giant tower with a eye on it. 

@Xan

said:

"
Well said. 

What i mean is when his beating on the army his slow with his swings now when that guy get's the luky heat. i played a game LOTR B4ME (i know its a game) but man he swings slowly :P Oh and i can make a custom hero that can beat his ass :D (in B4ME 2). "

I have no idea what that is.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Baldy
@Hellos said:
"

@Baldy said:

"No they mention it because it's the only time his durability has been shown. I don't see how it could possibly be a low showing when it's his only showing. "

If you base your entire debate over it, ignore everything else (well in this case not even bother to look him up) hes going to look like a whimp.

@Xan said:

"

Yeah but you need to put on the ring to see it. So i don't know how it scare people and also he can't see everywhere. He needs for Frodo to put on the ring to see him. "

Its a solid example that someone can be incredibly powerful and still get seemingly harmed by something incredibly inferior.  

@Xan

said:

"
Well said. 

What i mean is when his beating on the army his slow with his swings now when that guy get's the luky heat. i played a game LOTR B4ME (i know its a game) but man he swings slowly :P Oh and i can make a custom hero that can beat his ass :D (in B4ME 2). "

"
Show me where a better durability feat is then and I'll consider it.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By xan84

Only his durability. 

if you are in close proximity with it yes but then he can't be frighting all of middle earth with it.

Just a video game. I am not using it as a valid proof of what he can do or anything. 

http://www.ea.com/games/lotr-the-battle-for-middle-earth-2    

if you like LOTR then you have to play it :D

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Hellos

@Baldy
said:

"Show me where a better durability feat is then and I'll consider it. "

Consider what, looking up the character? :P 

@Xan said:

"

Only his durability.  

Not really, so after thousands of years people finnaly discovered his one weakness?!  
A pointy sword! 
Poor Sauron shouldn't have dumped so much of his own power into that ring.

if you are in close proximity with it yes but then he can't be frighting all of middle earth with it.

You don't have to be THAT close, just where the land gets all black and depressing, then bamo giant evil eye. 

Just a video game. I am not using it as a valid proof of what he can do or anything. 

"     

I am really not much of an LOTR fan, nice to see in theatres but thats about it for me. :P

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Baldy
@Hellos said:
"
@Baldy
said:

@Xan said:

"

Only his durability.  

Not really, so after thousands of years people finnaly discovered his one weakness?!  
A pointy sword! 

You don't have to be THAT close, just where the land gets all black and depressing, then bamo giant evil eye. 

"     

I am really not much of an LOTR fan, nice to see in theatres but thats about it for me. :P

"
His one weakness? If a sword cuts him I'm thinking he has lots of weaknesses.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Hellos
@Baldy said:
"His one weakness? If a sword cuts him I'm thinking he has lots of weaknesses. "

Yeah you right, if only the combined might of Middle Earth had realized it sooner.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Baldy
@Hellos said:
" @Baldy said:
"His one weakness? If a sword cuts him I'm thinking he has lots of weaknesses. "
Yeah you right, if only the combined might of Middle Earth had realized it sooner. "
I'm glad you finally agree.

Now we can end this thread.

...and yes I know it was sarcasm.
Sun King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Sun King
@Baldy said:
" @Hellos said:
"
@Baldy
said:

@Xan said:

"

Only his durability.  

A pointy sword! 

"     

"
His one weakness? If a sword cuts him I'm thinking he has lots of weaknesses. "

Dude The Emperors' weakness was not having eyes in the back of his head (maybe then he would have spotted Vader about to throw him down a hole!!!). 

And about "FEATS", the thing is JRR Tolken's reading was not about massive special effects or grand displays of power.  However some feats which should show you the power involved here: 
  • Fireballs (Lightsabers can't defect fire by the way).
  • Telekinetic (on a par with “force push”).
  • Lighting, not “force lighting” but PROPER LIGHTING, the sort that kills with one hit (see, Gandalf vs. Balrog scene).
  • Blotting out the Sun in an entire country (ROTK)
  • Mind controlling powerful Kings for centuries (not weak minded ones either).
  • Creating monsters: orcs, dragons etc.
  • Shape shifting.  
  • Causing avalanches with his voice (saurman in  TFOTR)
  • Turning man into powerful Liches (the 9 riders).
  • Controlling 100 of animals at a time (Saruman with various animals).
  • Infecting an entire country with your will, thus turning the land to waste ().
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Baldy
@Sun King said:
" @Baldy said:
" @Hellos said:
"
@Baldy
said:

@Xan said:

"

Only his durability.  

A pointy sword! 

"     

"

Dude The Emperors' weakness was not having eyes in the back of his head (maybe then he would have spotted Vader about to throw him down a hole!!!). 

And about "FEATS", the thing is JRR Tolken's reading was not about massive special effects or grand displays of power.  However some feats which should show you the power involved here: 
  • Lighting, not “force lighting” but PROPER LIGHTING, the sort that kills with one hit (see, Gandalf vs. Balrog scene).
  • Shape shifting.  
  • Infecting an entire country with your will, thus turning the land to waste ().
"
1) Fireballs are easy to dodge of just put out.
2) What was the biggest thing the've pushed? A dude? Someone who wasn't even close to as powerful as the Emperor managed to pull a Star Destroyer out of the sky while it was resisting.
3) And? I don't see any evidence that this would kill anyone in one hit, also they can block it with thier palm and even reflect it with a lightsaber.
4) When this happen? How would it be useful?
5) No he didn't. They were slowly corrupted, not mind controlled.
6) And? No monsters are helping them here. Irrelevant.
7) Into what? When did this happen?
8) That might be useful if they were anywhere near anything he could use that ability on. Also too bad he can't talk with his head lying on the floor next to him or while being for choked.
9) See number 6. Irrelevant. Also, the Emperor managed to make powerful guardians as well.
10) Luckly none of them are here to help. Irrelevant.
11) When did happen? How would it help? Irrelevant.

I can beat all of this with one feat.

The Emperor destroyed a fleet of rebel ships with a single force storm.

Try again.
Argentino_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Argentino_18
@Baldy:  I post this like 3 page before... 
Narsil was a absurdily poweful magical sword, and isildur and Elendil werent lame ass humans, they were from Numenor (AKA Tolkien Atlantis) so why do you continue with the same shit, he is a powerful sorceror, so powerful that the balrogs were his own death squad in the silmarrillion, he can alter the fabric of the universe, especially involving earth or fire, 'couse he is a maiar of Aule god of craftsmanship, so why you insit that the emperor can kill him.... at this point is stupid...
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By xan84
@Argentino_18 said:
" @Baldy:  I post this like 3 page before... Narsil was a absurdily poweful magical sword, and isildur and Elendil werent lame ass humans, they were from Numenor (AKA Tolkien Atlantis) so why do you continue with the same shit, he is a powerful sorceror, so powerful that the balrogs were his own death squad in the silmarrillion, he can alter the fabric of the universe, especially involving earth or fire, 'couse he is a maiar of Aule god of craftsmanship, so why you insit that the emperor can kill him.... at this point is stupid... "

Oh good to know to bad a human can cut him with a sword ... NEXT ?
Sun King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Sun King
@Baldy said:
" @Sun King said:
" @Baldy said:
" @Hellos said:
"
@Baldy
said:

@Xan said:

"

Only his durability.  

A pointy sword! 

"     

"

• Shape shifting.  
"
1) Fireballs are easy to dodge of just put out. 2) What was the biggest thing the've pushed? A dude? Someone who wasn't even close to as powerful as the Emperor managed to pull a Star Destroyer out of the sky while it was resisting. 3) And? I don't see any evidence that this would kill anyone in one hit, also they can block it with thier palm and even reflect it with a lightsaber.4) When this happen? How would it be useful? 5) No he didn't. They were slowly corrupted, not mind controlled. 6) And? No monsters are helping them here. Irrelevant. 7) Into what? When did this happen? 8) That might be useful if they were anywhere near anything he could use that ability on. Also too bad he can't talk with his head lying on the floor next to him or while being for choked. 9) See number 6. Irrelevant. Also, the Emperor managed to make powerful guardians as well. 10) Luckly none of them are here to help. Irrelevant. 11) When did happen? How would it help? Irrelevant.  I can beat all of this with one feat.  The Emperor destroyed a fleet of rebel ships with a single force storm.  Try again. "
Oh, give me strength!!!!   

"Fireballs are easy to dodge or just put out"????!!! What are you basing that statement on??? Your vast experience as a Fireball dodger?? 

NO they couldn't block a bolt of lighting with their hands!!!!  This isn't that puny "force lighting", which takes about five minutes to actually kill someone (in fact does anyone actually get killed by force lighting in any of the films? Mace died from from being thrown out of the window). 

The feats I mention are simply my attempt to show you how powerful their magic is.  True, they don't really relate to 1 vs 1 combat situtations, however if you want to see how deadily Sauron is in combat, just look at the scene with that big ass mace of his.  Now don't tell me Sidious is going to block that with his lightsaber!  In fact add Superstrenght to the list too please!!! 

COME ON DUDE!!!  FORSAKE THE PUNY SITH AND JOIN THE TRUE DARK LORD!!
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Baldy
@Sun King said:
" @Baldy said:
" @Sun King said:
" @Baldy said:
" @Hellos said:
"
@Baldy
said:

@Xan said:

"

Only his durability.  

A pointy sword! 

"     

"

• Shape shifting.  
"
1) Fireballs are easy to dodge of just put out. 2) What was the biggest thing the've pushed? A dude? Someone who wasn't even close to as powerful as the Emperor managed to pull a Star Destroyer out of the sky while it was resisting. 3) And? I don't see any evidence that this would kill anyone in one hit, also they can block it with thier palm and even reflect it with a lightsaber.4) When this happen? How would it be useful? 5) No he didn't. They were slowly corrupted, not mind controlled. 6) And? No monsters are helping them here. Irrelevant. 7) Into what? When did this happen? 8) That might be useful if they were anywhere near anything he could use that ability on. Also too bad he can't talk with his head lying on the floor next to him or while being for choked. 9) See number 6. Irrelevant. Also, the Emperor managed to make powerful guardians as well. 10) Luckly none of them are here to help. Irrelevant. 11) When did happen? How would it help? Irrelevant.  I can beat all of this with one feat.  The Emperor destroyed a fleet of rebel ships with a single force storm.  Try again. "
Oh, give me strength!!!!   

"Fireballs are easy to dodge or just put out"????!!! What are you basing that statement on??? Your vast experience as a Fireball dodger??  NO they couldn't block a bolt of lighting with their hands!!!!  This isn't that puny "force lighting", which takes about five minutes to actually kill someone (in fact does anyone actually get killed by force lighting in any of the films? Mace died from from being thrown out of the window).  The feats I mention are simply my attempt to show you how powerful their magic is.  True, they don't really relate to 1 vs 1 combat situtations, however if you want to see how deadily Sauron is in combat, just look at the scene with that big ass mace of his.  Now don't tell me Sidious is going to block that with his lightsaber!  In fact add Superstrenght to the list too please!!!   COME ON DUDE!!!  FORSAKE THE PUNY SITH AND JOIN THE TRUE DARK LORD!! "
I base it on force enhanced reflexes and powers that include super speed.

No he probably won't try to block his mace, he could just as easily jump over it and slice the dudes head off, or use a burst of super speed and kill him before he even moves.
Argentino_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Argentino_18
@Baldy: What part of regular weapons cannot harm him you dont understand, even high tech as it is the lightsaber isnt magical, so Sauron cannot be harmed by a lightsaber, only by badass magical weapon like Narsil or Aeglos...  

@Xan: What part of badass magical sword you cant understand, like an epic item of D&D up to eleven, that kind of Sword is Narsil, and even that they only cutted his fingers, it's so hard to read a little, and how I said the Numenoreans were men plain and simple, they were more powerful than a regular man and as powerful as a high elf (LOTR version) is really so hard to understand or you need someone that can read this you as a bedtime history, 'couse saying NEXT, and ignoring facts, 'couse you dont like them is childish.... 
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Baldy
@Argentino_18 said:
" @Baldy: What part of regular weapons cannot harm him you dont understand, even high tech as it is the lightsaber isnt magical, so Sauron cannot be harmed by a lightsaber, only by badass magical weapon like Narsil or Aeglos...  

@Xan: What part of badass magical sword you cant understand, like an epic item of D&D up to eleven, that kind of Sword is Narsil, and even that they only cutted his fingers, it's so hard to read a little, and how I said the Numenoreans were men plain and simple, they were more powerful than a regular man and as powerful as a high elf (LOTR version) is really so hard to understand or you need someone that can read this you as a bedtime history, 'couse saying NEXT, and ignoring facts, 'couse you dont like them is childish....  "
With the exception of hurting Sauron, what feats does this sword have that suggests that it's more powerful than a lightsaber?
Argentino_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Argentino_18
@Baldy:  It's not the kind of power it haves, Sauron is hurted only by high octane magic, not by regular weapons.... and his mace is too magical enhanced so it could block weapons more powerful than an regalr weapon....
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Baldy
@Argentino_18 said:
" @Baldy:  It's not the kind of power it haves, Sauron is hurted only by high octane magic, not by regular weapons.... and his mace is too magical enhanced so it could block weapons more powerful than an regalr weapon.... "
"high octane magic"?

Huh? Can you post a scan or clip that says that he is immune to lightsabers?
Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 2

How could Count Dooku fight himself???

Argentino_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Argentino_18
@Baldy:  is a expression of one my RPG players,  

1. I cant, 'couse he never battled a Jedi 
2. I dont need to, when you mean that someone is a god (even minor) in LOTR is very unlikely to be harm by a non magical weapon....

Can you post a scan that shows sidious killing a god?
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#149  Edited By Korg
@Baldy said:

When did Sauron ever do anything even remotely like this?     

Read Lord of The Rings for the answers to this question and many more! Actually, you can get this just from the movies. He enslaved nine great kings of men and turned them into the Nazgûl. He also enslaved many elves; that is how the orcs came about. 
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Baldy
@Korg said:
" @Baldy said:

When did Sauron ever do anything even remotely like this?     

Read Lord of The Rings for the answers to this question and many more! Actually, you can get this just from the movies. He enslaved nine great kings of men and turned them into the Nazgûl. He also enslaved many elves; that is how the orcs came about.  "

Irrelevant. That was achieved through the use of artifacts that the kings had to wear. I doubt Sidious is going to start wearing rings of power in the middle of the fight. 

@Argentino_18 said:

" @Baldy:  is a expression of one my RPG players,    1. I cant, 'couse he never battled a Jedi 2. I dont need to, when you mean that someone is a god (even minor) in LOTR is very unlikely to be harm by a non magical weapon.... Can you post a scan that shows sidious killing a god? "

Your entire argument rests on vague assumptions. The fact that he's a god, if that is what he is as I have found no evidence online to confirm this, is irrelevant. It doesn't grant him an auto win against anyone.