Darth Revan vs. Bane vs. a Cyberman vs. Armor Jack

Squidboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Darth Revan is a character of the Star Wars series (not the movies). Revan is a skilled Jedi and uses two laser swords (called "Light Sabers" in Star Wars). Sorry, don't know much about this guy and I can't find biography of him that isn't like ten minutes long to read. =3

No Caption Provided

Bane is a character from the graphic novel Batman: Vengeance of Bane. Bane is extremely strong and has no superpowers. Bane can also use conventional weapons such as guns and others, but Bane normally uses physical strength.

No Caption Provided

Cybermen are a race of cyborgs from the TV series Doctor Who. They can use an electrical pulse from their hands to stun enemies, and use a type of gun attached to their wrists.

No Caption Provided

Armor Jack is the main character from an extremely obscure Japanese TV series Assault Armor Jack. Armor Jack uses karate type moves in physical combat and has two daggers. He is very strong as well.

Who do you think will win? Dual Light Sabered Darth Revan? Super strong Bane? Persistent and strong Cyberman? Or, the double daggered Armor Jack? You tell me!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Based on the last time I watched Doctor Who, the Cyberman should be fast enough to contend with Revan - however I still see Revan killing it. Bane is a complete non-factor here, and I don't know the other one...

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squidboy: my money is on the cyber man but I have no clue the last person is

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is hilarious!

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan decimates. Mismatch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah.. Cybermen are pretty fast now.. they can move and function so fast everyone else, including energy projectiles likely faster than bullet speed, are frozen:

(start at 10:45)

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Revan would force crush the Cybermen like all the other droids he's stomped. There is no way that they could keep up with any of his force powers, his lightsaber, or his speed. Seriously, this is a major mismatch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me: I'd argue that Cybermen are a bit more durable than your run of the mill Star Wars droid. I mean I can't give you an in-depth guide on them but the fact alone they are tanking multiple energy blasts with ease in that video should be enough of an indicator for you. They also have shields akin to a droideka I believe.

His lightsaber wouldn't just go through them like butter, and I question if Revan really is tremendously faster than them. In fact, what feats does he have that surpass what is shown in the video above?

I don't personally see how this is a mismatch.

@the_imperator you like Star Wars and Doctor Who - what do you make of this match up?

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan, with his balanced lightsaber form of using his blade as well as using force techniques/powers, the cyberman has pretty good durability but can't contend with him.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By _Atomikill_

One of these things is not like the other...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan, with his balanced lightsaber form of using his blade as well as using force techniques/powers, the cyberman has pretty good durability but can't contend with him.

Based on?

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

1) Fair enough.

2) Unless their armor is made out of Cortosis or Vibranium, it will.

3) He's moved like a blur (common supersonic feat for a Jedi), moved way tremendously faster than the words from a person (another supersonic or low hypersonic feat), and has outmaneuvered explosions. A Cyberman is Transonic at best.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Eisenfauste

@i_like_swords: His TK is impressive enough to smash it around without a problem, he can block any of its laser bolts, I don't know about his speed you would have to ask Dccomicsrule2011 or shootingnova they may know more about his speed, but his is a powerful sith/jedi, plus cybermen haven't been shown to engage in H2H it will keep its distance as per usual in its consistent showings. It stops, makes a query then opens fire with its wrist blaster, as I said Revans style specializes in lightsaber use along with using the force, he can block his laser bolts and use his TK.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me said:

2) Unless their armor is made out of Cortosis or Vibranium, it will.

Lightsabers have met metals like durasteel with heavy friction before. I mean, like I said, I'm no expert on Cybermen, but I don't think a lightsaber will just float through their shields and armor.

Er.. Batman and Wolverine have moved like a blur. The Cybeman in the above video moves "in a blur".

Define "way tremendously faster" and how many words are we talking here? That doesn't even sound that fast to be honest.

Outmaneuvering explosions again isn't particularly fast.

The Cyberman in the above video moved faster than energy projectiles and was almost moving so fast everyone else had stopped. By the time he had walked through a hail of energy fire, walked past everyone, picked up the girl and left the room, the Doctor was still pointing his sonic screwdriver in the same direction. Taking what you've said at face value, Revan doesn't move this fast.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Imperator

@i_like_swords: Cyberman can move faster than any of the other team. If it can snap the necks or drop nanites on them before they react, it wins. Otherwise, it won't get time to adapt to a lightsaber. So it's a glass canon in this scenario, though it has much better endurance.

Also note that, unless we get producer information on it, the speed wasn't due to time dilation, as Time Lords can ignore time effects in general (see Time Monster).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They have tanked dozens of bullets as if its their job and I think some explosives

No, I meant why can't they "contend" with Revan?

Cyberman can move faster than any of the other team. If it can snap the necks or drop nanites on them before they react, it wins. Otherwise, it won't get time to adapt to a lightsaber. So it's a glass canon in this scenario, though it has much better endurance.

Sounds about right to me. Thanks for the insight.

Squidboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Squidboy

@cjdavis103: There used to be a blog on Armor Jack (not on this website), but it is gone now. It is a 1996 TV show that supposedly (don't know if it is true or not) only lasted 13 episodes. Armor Jack, the hero fights two different monsters per episode (one made a second appearance). There are only five known monsters in the show, I actually know all of their names. Did I mention the show was EXTREMELY low budget. I live in America, so I wouldn't of been able to see the show on TV, since it is ONLY in Japan, but I have seen a few videos. Its hard not to laugh at how cheesy it is.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By 106me

@i_like_swords:

The last two out of the three feats are faster than sound feats. Revan was able to blitz a group of mandolorians before her (the leader of the mandolorians) words (sound of the words specifically) finished. The other feat involved Revan using TK faster than the shockwave (sound) of a grenade. He's at least super sonic (Mach 3-4), if not then pushing low hypersonic (Mach 5-ish, depending on how much faster he was moving than the sound of words).

Dodging fire from guns (in the case of the Cybermen) is a transonic (Mach 2-ish) feat at best, like I said before. Revan could replicate the same feat (and in a sense did when he speed blitzed the Mandolorians before they even drew their weapons), if not, then better than what the Cyberman did.

Not to mention that there is nothing stopping him from unleashing any form of a force attack that would destroy Cybermen.

Revan has faced many more opponents that were leagues above simple Cybermen. I'm fully aware of what Cybermen are capable of and am a big fan of Doctor Who. The Cybermen just really aren't powerful enough to contend with Revan.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Probably Revan, but I am almost completely ignorant on Armor Jack.