Darth Revan vs any other Sith

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By The_Assassin_

Revan: Kicked Mandalorian ass (which is not an easy task) then he and most of his Army (formerly the Republic's Army) launched a war against the Republic, they nearly succeeded but were defeated by... Revan. His apprentice betrayed Him and the Jedi captured him and erased his memory, They then sent him out to defeat the Sith Empire. Which he did... because he's Revan, and quite frankly, Revan got S*** done. Then he disappeared into the Unknown Regions. He also instructed a Mandalorian to reassemble the Mandalorian forces. His enemies took orders from him. 

This is the face of a badass:

No Caption Provided

I'll let you decide who he fights. It can be ANY Sith. 

Keep in mind he defeated his OWN army...
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Silver2467

Sidious, Nihilus, Sadow, Bane, Caedus, Exar Kun, Zannah, Cognus, Lumiya, Vader, Sion, Tyranus. There are others. Point is, they all wreck Revan. 

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Assassin_
@Silver2467:  I doubt it, I want a reason, not a name
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Silver2467
@Mikepool: Because Revan is featless, while they all have feats that would allow each of them individually to defeat him. 
The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Assassin_
@Silver2467:   

Sidious never did anything physically, he is more of a planner than a fighter.
Nihilus's was beaten by the Jedi Outcast after like 8 people boarded his Flagship... not Hundreds. Not Dozens. Eight!
Sion - Every time he got back up Revan would simply strike him down again. 
Vader... He's like 60% machine and... well he's a Skywalker so he in reality isn't that impressive
Tyranous could stay at home and spare himself incredibly painful death
Caedus, Han's way-ward son... He's not that impressive to begin with, another notch on Revan's metaphorical belt
Bane - Don't make me laugh

I would go on but I'm getting bored, anyways... Revan could easily defeat them all.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Silver2467
@Mikepool: Let me know when Revan can consume star fleets, create illusions of entire armies in several star systems simultaneously, drain the life energies of worlds, fight so fast that his lightsaber creates multiple afterimages, disintegrate enemies with one shot of Lightning, destroy temples with a telekinetic burst, mind wipe millions of beings, generate energy blasts that can destroy portions of temples, telekinetically move massive star ships, render himself invisible, influence the minds of a cantina of miners, create energy tendrils, etc.  

Do your research on these characters before commenting on them.  

And LOL @ Palpatine never doing anything physically. 
The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Assassin_

Its never revealed what exactly Revan went into the Unknown Regions to do, I have seen some things that say he went to fight the Vong because he learned somewhere they were coming/preparing. So there's no telling what kind of abilities he learned during his Journey's there.

kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By kheranlord12

Darth Raven is powerful but he is not has powerful has everyone claim he is. He was dangerous in a sense that he knew what it meant to be a sith lord.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Silver2467
The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Assassin_

You know whats funny? almost all of those you say would beat Revan are dead. Revan defeated his own army then went of to find bigger, tougher things to kill. For all we know Revan is in Stasis somewhere.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Silver2467
@Mikepool said:
" You know whats funny? almost all of those you say would beat Revan are dead. 
Superman died once too. I guess that means Spider-Man can beat him... 

Their being dead proves nothing, especially since half of them cheated death by Essence Transfer. 

Revan defeated his own army then went of to find bigger, tougher things to kill. 
He and his allies fought smalls groups of Dark Jedi on the Star Forge, not armies all at once, and this is assuming the game mechanics, N-Canon as they are, are accurate depictions of the events as they happened, which on its own questionable. So, not only did it not happen as you conveyed it, the actual number of enemies Revan fought, the number he fought at any one time, and their level of power are undefined and, for all intents and purposes, worthless. 

For all we know Revan is in Stasis somewhere. "
And for all we know, he was killed by the Sith Emperor, which seems to be a more likely outcome considering his travels to the Unknown Regions were for the purpose of finding the Emperor.  

You still not have not presented any feats for him.
The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Assassin_

There were mentions of another threat besides the Sith, something worse. 

@Silver2467 said: " Superman died once too. I guess that means Spider-Man can beat him... " 

What do two grown men in spandex have to do with this?

The games pretty accurate if you follow the Light Side (Boring Side) Path. It would kind of difficult to go from the Hanger to the Bridge of something as big as the Star Forge without having to fight through who knows how many enemies. 

He was essential in defeated the Mandolorians, He managed to get almost an entire army to change sides with them, He struck down his former apprentice after forgetting everything he knew before his capture.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Silver2467
@Mikepool said:

" There were mentions of another threat besides the Sith, something worse.    

The Sith Emperor, a survivor from the original Sith Empire on Korriban who served under Naga Sadow during the Great Hyperspace War. Again, research the characters. 

What do two grown men in spandex have to do with this?  

Your analogy that because the characters I mentioned died somehow indicates that Revan can beat them. I reversed your logic to show you the problems with it. 

The games pretty accurate if you follow the Light Side (Boring Side) Path. 

The story is C-Canon, not the game mechanics.  

It would kind of difficult to go from the Hanger to the Bridge of something as big as the Star Forge without having to fight through who knows how many enemies.    

And like I said, Revan had help, these are Dark Jedi of varying numbers, who fought Revan at undefined numbers at any one time, and their power levels are undetermined. To be honest, based solely on the game, their numbers were probably only the dozens altogether, once again, judging by game mechanics which are not even canon. 

He was essential in defeated the Mandolorians, He managed to get almost an entire army to change sides with them,

Strategic feats, not combat or power feats, and even then, the details surrounding these events are vague, at best. Not very applicable to this.

He struck down his former apprentice after forgetting everything he knew before his capture. "

He relearned his Force capabilities when he was taught for weeks at the Jedi enclave on Dantooine; so he was not without training or knowledge. Once again, Malak's power is undefined.  

You will have to do better than that if you expect me to believe he can defeat Sith who accomplished feats as I mentioned above. 
The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Assassin_

I highly doubt he relearned a lifetimes worth of knowledge of the force from both sides over the course of about 4 months (that's just a guess of about how long it took him, Its probably less)

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Silver2467
@Mikepool said:
" I highly doubt he relearned a lifetimes worth of knowledge of the force from both sides over the course of about 4 months (that's just a guess of about how long it took him, Its probably less) "
Ignoring the fact that his memory returned, Zhar said that Revan learned in weeks what others required years to master, obviously because, to some subconscious level, he was still acquainted to those teachings.  

You also neglected to respond to the majority of my post. 
Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Hyperlight

Revan is gonna always be a pimp.... and i do believe that he would kick the crap out 95 percent of force sensitives. But Silver did make a good point when he said he has no feats. going off how other characters in games and books held him in such high regard. It seems he would beat pretty much everyone except  luke, sidious, the emporerer during his time, and a few others. but thats just speculation and we cant base a fight off of that
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Silver2467
@Hyperlight said:
Revan is gonna always be a pimp.... and i do believe that he would kick the crap out 95 percent of force sensitives. But Silver did make a good point when he said he has no feats. going off how other characters in games and books held him in such high regard. It seems he would beat pretty much everyone except  luke, sidious, the emporerer during his time, and a few others. but thats just speculation and we cant base a fight off of that
Eh, no. There are numerous other characters who can beat him.

JediX has read the new Revan novel. He can come here and educate all of us on Revan's supposed power.
Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hyperlight
@Silver2467 said:

@Hyperlight said:

Eh, no. There are numerous other characters who can beat him.JediX has read the new Revan novel. He can come here and educate all of us on Revan's supposed power.

i hear u. 95 percent of all the force sensitives in the unverse is still a lot of force sensitive
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Silver2467
@Hyperlight: Show me feats that prove Revan can beat "95 percent of all Force sensitives." 
Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hyperlight

thats just my opinion.... and i know there are no feats. thats why this battle cant be in revans favor
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Silver2467
@Hyperlight said:
thats just my opinion.... and i know there are no feats. thats why this battle cant be in revans favor
Then there is no point is saying he can do that, is there?  

Revan does have feats, but from JXM has told me (I admittedly have not read the Revan novel yet, just to be clear), it hardly validates the hype he receives for his power.
Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hyperlight

True, just saying then revan has always been spoken very highly of by all his masters, students, and collegues and he is versaitile in most abilities of both light and dark side affinities. I havent read too mayny star wars novels myself but from what I hear the only person that has gotten more praise than revan as a jedi is luke.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Silver2467

As if praise from characters proves anything... 

Not that Revan is even close to the most knowledgeable character on the light and dark sides anyway.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By acer51

@Silver2467: He, could probably beat more like 80 percent (not all at once), but you have to realize the people mentioned that could beat Reaven are apart of tvast minority, people like Sidous Maul Vader Nihlus and evreyone on that power level makes up probably less then five percent of force sensitives.

I seriosly think that Sidous would be able to beat Reaven, so would Nihilus.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Silver2467
@acer51: The fact that most characters who have feats make up the majority of known Jedi, no, Revan would not beat "80% of characters." 

Let's also ignore that these figures are being made up out of thin air. 

A Force sensitive does not have to be as powerful as Luke or Palpatine to beat Revan.
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#26  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@Silver2467 said:

Sidious, Nihilus, Sadow, Bane, Caedus, Exar Kun, Zannah, Cognus, Lumiya, Vader, Sion, Tyranus. There are others. Point is, they all wreck Revan.

This^^

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#27  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@Hyperlight: True, just saying then revan has always been spoken very highly of by all his masters, students, and collegues

Characters wanking Characters does not prove anything Superman ones Said Hal is stronger then The entire JLA combined but then he turned around and said MM was the most powerful man on Earth but isn't Hal on Earth? Yep.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By acer51
@Silver2467
Well those are two varitable force gods in themselves.
*Void*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By *Void*

There are very few people who i can can think of who would even have a chance against  Revan. They are Vader, Sidious, Naga Sadow, Freedon Nadd, and Ragnos. The problem with extreamly powerful people is that they rarely have any feats.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#30  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Revan > any New Sith.

Revan > Malak (obviously), Sion (debatable. Primary reason is Oneness). Vader... meh... I WANT Revan to win. There's probably a debate in there somewhere.

Screw. You. Drew. Karpyshyn.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Mikepool said:

@Silver2467: Sidious never did anything physically, he is more of a planner than a fighter. Nihilus's was beaten by the Jedi Outcast after like 8 people boarded his Flagship... not Hundreds. Not Dozens. Eight! Sion - Every time he got back up Revan would simply strike him down again. Vader... He's like 60% machine and... well he's a Skywalker so he in reality isn't that impressive Tyranous could stay at home and spare himself incredibly painful death Caedus, Han's way-ward son... He's not that impressive to begin with, another notch on Revan's metaphorical belt Bane - Don't make me laugh I would go on but I'm getting bored, anyways... Revan could easily defeat them all.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@jeanroygrant said:

@Mikepool said:

@Silver2467: Sidious never did anything physically, he is more of a planner than a fighter. Nihilus's was beaten by the Jedi Outcast after like 8 people boarded his Flagship... not Hundreds. Not Dozens. Eight! Sion - Every time he got back up Revan would simply strike him down again. Vader... He's like 60% machine and... well he's a Skywalker so he in reality isn't that impressive Tyranous could stay at home and spare himself incredibly painful death Caedus, Han's way-ward son... He's not that impressive to begin with, another notch on Revan's metaphorical belt Bane - Don't make me laugh I would go on but I'm getting bored, anyways... Revan could easily defeat them all.
I ignored that entire post after the "Sidious never did anything physically" comment. This scan disproves that and the quote suits his incorrect remark:

No Caption Provided
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Silver2467
@JediXMan said:
Vader... meh... I WANT Revan to win. There's probably a debate in there somewhere.
From what you told me, I doubt he could handle Vader. Vader is more in the Bane/Exar Kun class. 

Screw. You. Drew. Karpyshyn.
LOL.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Silver2467 said:
From what you told me, I doubt he could handle Vader. Vader is more in the Bane/Exar Kun class.
Unfortunately, there aren't really enough feats. But the potential is there. His deflection is impressive, TK looks like it would be impressive given how easily he performed his feats, and the fact that he can use Oneness is pretty good. Unfortunately, he has pretty much zero lightsaber feats.

@Silver2467 said:
LOL.
He really let me down. I expected feats to be equal or greater than Bane. But no, I got this.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Silver2467
@JediXMan said: 
Unfortunately, there aren't really enough feats. But the potential is there. His deflection is impressive, TK looks like it would be impressive given how easily he performed his feats, and the fact that he can use Oneness is pretty good. Unfortunately, he has pretty much zero lightsaber feats. 
Not really sure if "using Oneness" is an accurate description. Oneness is more of a "will of the Force" event. It only seems to happen as needed. No one has ever just pulled it out at any given moment. 

He really let me down. I expected feats to be equal or greater than Bane. But no, I got this.
Well, power's not everything (although I guess it is for Revan :P). Was the characterization any good?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Silver2467

Going by what happened, Revan seemed to consciously cause it to happen. I'll repost the quote:

Instead of charging forward, he opened himself up to the Force, letting both the light and dark side flow through him like twin rivers. But instead of focusing or channeling the Force, he released it in its purest form. There was a brilliant flash as the air between the two combatants lit up. The energy unleashed was powerful enough to send Revan staggering. The Emperor, unprepared and with much of his strength diverted to his effort to dominate Revan's mind, was sent flying backward.

No, power isn't everything. But the fanboy in me wants the guy to be second only to Luke. So what do you want from me? At the very least I wanted to see him as a master strategist - Thrawn with Force powers. Fine he was manipulative, but not enough for my tastes. Also, he was a lot more obnoxious than I would have expected. I heard that Drew didn't even use any of the possible faces from KOTOR, which really sucks.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Silver2467
@JediXMan said:
@Silver2467

Going by what happened, Revan seemed to consciously cause it to happen. I'll repost the quote:

Instead of charging forward, he opened himself up to the Force, letting both the light and dark side flow through him like twin rivers. But instead of focusing or channeling the Force, he released it in its purest form. There was a brilliant flash as the air between the two combatants lit up. The energy unleashed was powerful enough to send Revan staggering. The Emperor, unprepared and with much of his strength diverted to his effort to dominate Revan's mind, was sent flying backward.

To be honest, that seem no more conscious than when Luke, Jacen, or Ganner entered Oneness, and we know that none of them could just do so any time they felt like it. 

On a sidenote, what is it with TOR writers and Oneness? From what I understand, as told to me by multiple reliable people, Malgus entered Oneness in Deceived....through the dark side. -_- 

No, power isn't everything. But the fanboy in me wants the guy to be second only to Luke. So what do you want from me? At the very least I wanted to see him as a master strategist - Thrawn with Force powers. Fine he was manipulative, but not enough for my tastes. Also, he was a lot more obnoxious than I would have expected. I heard that Drew didn't even use any of the possible faces from KOTOR, which really sucks.
So are you dissatisfied with the characterization, or was it good enough?
Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Hyperlight