Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Darth Nihl

No Caption Provided

Luminara Unduli

No Caption Provided

-Standard set up, morals on, in character, no prior knowledge, standard gear. Fight in the streets of Coruscant, unpopulated, 25 feet apart.

Who takes it and why?

NewGuy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Luminara stomps.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Does this mean you're out of retirement? :p Also, can you list some of Nihl's best feats?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: Nah, just thread posting.

Ah.. explaining Legacy feats. It's difficult because to explain one character's feats, you need to know how good characters are lower down on the food chain. We'll start with Wolf Sazen and Shado Vao.

Wolf and Shado are good enough to take a group of about 5-6 Sith between themselves. Individually, Wolf defeated two Sith simultaneously very quickly. Shado is considered better than Wolf, by our standards by likely a tier or two.

Darth Nihl completely curbstomped Wolf the first time they fought.

Next, Darth Talon. She was maintaining an edge over over Wolf and Shado at the same time in sabers, and then won by dispatching them with the Force. She's also contended with Cade Skywalker from time to time, when he's not going uber-Skywalker mode on her.

Now, onto Nihl himself. In Claw of the Dragon, i.e the arc where Cade confronts Vong-armor Krayt, Cade three-shots Darth Talon before his Sith training, and then at the end of the arc after his Sith training, he oneshots her pretty easily. Immediately after this, he fights Nihl. By my estimate it's a pretty long fight (accounting for the events going on in between combined with the several-page fight itself). It's a very close fight, although Cade gets in one more hit than he takes by the end of it. Cade wins in the end by cutting off Nihl's arm, but it was a very good fight and this was a version of Cade who, again, basically oneshotted Talon.

I've not read much more on Nihl past that, since I'm not finished Legacy. Other things to note is that Talon is considered to be one of the most skilled fighters in Krayt's empire, and Nihl at this time was Krayt's head "enforcer", or in other words, Krayt's best warrior, which is why Nihl led the assault on the Jedi academy on Ossus. He's also a master of the long-handled lightsaber, which he's built a custom fighting style around using. Another tidbit is that during his Sith training, he killed an entire village by himself. We get no context on that as far as I'm aware, but, eh, worth noting.

I can post up some of this stuff on imgur if you want to see it.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7 JediXMan  Moderator

@i_like_swords:

... I feel like Legacy characters are like DBZ characters when it comes to ABC scaling.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: I wouldn't say they're that bad. It's just easier if you have the comics fresh in your mind, since the characters rely a lot more on feats than hype. I'm working on some respect threads for them but it's taking too long for my liking...

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: I wouldn't say they're that bad. It's just easier if you have the comics fresh in your mind, since the characters rely a lot more on feats than hype. I'm working on some respect threads for them but it's taking too long for my liking...

This kind of logic is most common in the Legacy and SWTOR corners of Star Wars. I don't think it's nearly as prevalent elsewhere.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Well, those eras typically don't have the "one of the best in history/ of the era" hype that the PT/OT era relies on. It's just a case of finding other ways to make comparisons, really. It's not easy comparing characters across eras.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nihl has better feats, I guess.

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luminara should be more skilled. And while Nihl could be potentially more powerful, this is a morals on setting. Unduli for a slight majority, IMO.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

You sound awfully ambivalent there, Vivas.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

You sound awfully ambivalent there, Vivas.

I couldn't decide what was better, Nihl losing to Cade or Luminara losing to Ventress. :P

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nihil

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers