• 128 results
#1 Posted by victorymaker (349 posts) - - Show Bio

Would the fact that Maul's light saber is able to cut through Wolverine's adamantium claws give Maul the edge, or would Wolverine still be able to pull out a win? 

If you don't agree that the light saber can cut through adamantium claws, please, give your reasons why.
#2 Posted by k4tzm4n (45537 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to the boards.  Please use the search function before creating a match...Because ones like this, have been created mulitple times.
Staff Online
#3 Posted by Dane (10596 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the little graphic he made, it's cute.

#4 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say wolverine. He's faster and physically stronger. All he has to do is tag maul once and its all over.

#5 Posted by JediXMan (30705 posts) - - Show Bio

It all comes down to this: can a Lightsaber cut adamantium? If so, Maul wins easily. If it can't... don't know. I'm still leaning toward Maul, though.

#6 Posted by Undergroundgod (2924 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
"It all comes down to this: can a Lightsaber cut adamantium? If so, Maul wins easily. If it can't... don't know. I'm still leaning toward Maul, though. "

It can and yes he does you are leaning in the right direction. This is stupid.
#7 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan:  Why easily?

@Undergroundgod: Thats arguable.
#8 Posted by emerald_lamp_2814 (630 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
"It all comes down to this: can a Lightsaber cut adamantium? If so, Maul wins easily. If it can't... don't know. I'm still leaning toward Maul, though. "

of corse it can a lightsaber is pure energy it  can cut through any thing
#9 Posted by Undergroundgod (2924 posts) - - Show Bio
@emerald lamp 2814 said:
"@JediXMan said:
of corse it can a lightsaber is pure energy it  can cut through any thing "
#10 Posted by Undergroundgod (2924 posts) - - Show Bio
@Light said:
" @JediXMan:  Why easily?

@Undergroundgod: Thats arguable. "

Everything is arguable if your an idiot.
#11 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio
@emerald lamp 2814 said:
" @JediXMan said:
It probably wont' just go straight through it, even laser take time to cut through normal metals and Adamantium is much stronger than normal metals. I'm thinking it's something like someone having a sword and someone else having a hard wood staff, they can fight for a while before the staff would be cut.

Force push should be able to keep maul untouchable though
#12 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio
@emerald lamp 2814:  That means nothing. Scott's eye beam is "pure energy" and it can't cut through adamantium. Also Lightsabers can't cut through Vibroblades because of the cortosis weave so your state is inaccurate.
#13 Posted by JediXMan (30705 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott's eyes aren't lasers. It's kinetic energy.

#14 Posted by Undergroundgod (2924 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:
" @emerald lamp 2814 said:
" @JediXMan said:
It probably wont' just go straight through it, even laser take time to cut through normal metals and Adamantium is much stronger than normal metals. I'm thinking it's something like someone having a sword and someone else having a hard wood staff, they can fight for a while before the staff would be cut.  Force push should be able to keep maul untouchable though "
What ever.
@Light said:
" @emerald lamp 2814:  That means nothing. Scott's eye beam is "pure energy" and it can't cut through adamantium. Also Lightsabers can't cut through Vibroblades because of the cortosis weave so your state is inaccurate. "
No it would cut through him like a knife thru butter.
#15 Posted by JediXMan (30705 posts) - - Show Bio

Cortosis isn't indestructible. In fact it does not block Lightsabers. It disrupts the energy and temporarily deactivates it. It isn't remotely similar to Adamantium. Adamantium is more like Mandalorian Iron (Beskar). It is extremely durable and can block a Lightsaber. It can be broken, but it takes a lot to damage it.

#16 Posted by emerald_lamp_2814 (630 posts) - - Show Bio
@Light said:
" @emerald lamp 2814:  That means nothing. Scott's eye beam is "pure energy" and it can't cut through adamantium. Also Lightsabers can't cut through Vibroblades because of the cortosis weave so your state is inaccurate. "

by pure energy i ment in the phases of matter the faster the molocules move the hotter it is. it moves molocules so fast it goes into the phase of plasma. the reason why a lightsaber cuts is because of the heat it melts every thing away at extreamly fast speeds
#17 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio

Way I see it Wolverine starts the fight off on offensive moving in quick. Darth Maul will be forced to back pedal because he needs room to use such a long lightsaber. Most of the fight will be spent with Darth Maul trying to create room until wolverine cuts through the hilt of the saber disabling it. And once Maul is disarmed the fight is over.

#18 Posted by victorymaker (349 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops eye beams are really like a laser. It's more like a "force". It's like a "push."
#19 Posted by victorymaker (349 posts) - - Show Bio
@victorymaker:
Aren't**
#20 Posted by JediXMan (30705 posts) - - Show Bio

Exactly. It's kinetic energy.

#21 Posted by emerald_lamp_2814 (630 posts) - - Show Bio
@Light said:
"Way I see it Wolverine starts the fight off on offensive moving in quick. Darth Maul will be forced to back pedal because he needs room to use such a long lightsaber. Most of the fight will be spent with Darth Maul trying to create room until wolverine cuts through the hilt of the saber disabling it. And once Maul is disarmed the fight is over. "

is it even stated that the fight takes palce in a small area for all you know it could take place in a open field
#22 Posted by JediXMan (30705 posts) - - Show Bio

I picture all fights to be in an endless white room, with nothing to aid either character.

#23 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio
@emerald lamp 2814:  Ohhh. The speed at which it melts metals depends on the hardness and density. When trying to cut through blast doors it takes awhile. I doubt those are harder than adamantium

@emerald lamp 2814: I never stated how big or small the area around them was.
#24 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio
@Light said:
" @emerald lamp 2814:  Ohhh. The speed at which it melts metals depends on the hardness and density. When trying to cut through blast doors it takes awhile. I doubt those are harder than adamantium

More like volume, surface area, and melting point
#25 Posted by emerald_lamp_2814 (630 posts) - - Show Bio
@Light said:

@emerald lamp 2814: I never stated how big or small the area around them was. "
then why would he need to back pedal he does not need that much space to use a lightsabor
#26 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan:  Depends on how much cortosis is used. As vibroblades do not disrupt lightsaber blades but prevent them from slicing through.

@vuviper: I'm not here to argue science. I'm here to argue comics xD
#27 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio
@Light said:
" @JediXMan:  Depends on how much cortosis is used. As vibroblades do not disrupt lightsaber blades but prevent them from slicing through.

@vuviper: I'm not here to argue science. I'm here to argue comics xD "
lol just being me....pay no heed
#28 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio
@emerald lamp 2814 said:
" @Light said:

then why would he need to back pedal he does not need that much space to use a lightsabor "
If someone is four inches away from you and the length of your weapon is roughly four feet you need to back pedal in order to get enough space to deliver a strike. Think of it like boxing. The person with the longer arm is at a disadvantage up close because he has less space in which to deliver strikes.
#29 Posted by Undergroundgod (2924 posts) - - Show Bio
@Light said:
"Way I see it Wolverine starts the fight off on offensive moving in quick. Darth Maul will be forced to back pedal because he needs room to use such a long lightsaber. Most of the fight will be spent with Darth Maul trying to create room until wolverine cuts through the hilt of the saber disabling it. And once Maul is disarmed the fight is over. "

Any Lightsaber can be shortened to about half the length you are used to seeing in the movies, also when they are made shorter the saber blade becomes three times as hot, that would actually make things for Darth Maul easier. Any Sith Lord or Jedi Master could cut through a Canadian no matter what his bones are made of.
#30 Posted by emerald_lamp_2814 (630 posts) - - Show Bio
@Light said:
" @emerald lamp 2814 said:
" @Light said:

then why would he need to back pedal he does not need that much space to use a lightsabor "
If someone is four inches away from you and the length of your weapon is roughly four feet you need to back pedal in order to get enough space to deliver a strike. Think of it like boxing. The person with the longer arm is at a disadvantage up close because he has less space in which to deliver strikes. "

all he needs to do is to point the lightsabor at ol' jame's head and turn it on it would be instant death and if you say that it would not impale him it would at least make wolverine move back maul would have an opening for a second attack in which he could go for the throught or other small areas of the body that would be very easy to cut
#31 Posted by xan84 (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Undergroundgod said:
"@Light said:
Any Lightsaber can be shortened to about half the length you are used to seeing in the movies, also when they are made shorter the saber blade becomes three times as hot, that would actually make things for Darth Maul easier. Any Sith Lord or Jedi Master could cut through a Canadian no matter what his bones are made of. "

I never got to see them do that in the middle of a fight ... 

About adamantium i realy don't see a lightsaber cut something that it is said to be virtually indestructible and has some feats to back it up. But Maul could put it in his gut and give him some incredible pain.  

I see Maul winning this in a "non-killing" way. Like BFR or KO or incapacitate by droping something big on logan.
#32 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio
@Undergroundgod:  That maybe useful with a regular lightsaber, but Darth Maul uses a double blade. Even if he could shorten it, half the length wouldn't be enough. Even if he only used one blade the hilt is too large for the quick strikes a single blade can produce and the shorter the blade the easier it will be for Wolverine to dodge it as well as deliver blows.
#33 Posted by xan84 (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Light said:
" @Undergroundgod:  That maybe useful with a regular lightsaber, but Darth Maul uses a double blade. Even if he could shorten it, half the length wouldn't be enough. Even if he only used one blade the hilt is too large for the quick strikes a single blade can produce and the shorter the blade the easier it will be for Wolverine to dodge it as well as deliver blows. "

He can just force push Logan back, this is something they do easy. Also some force speed and he will always be faster then logan.
#34 Posted by emerald_lamp_2814 (630 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xan said:
"@Undergroundgod said:
"@Light said:
Any Lightsaber can be shortened to about half the length you are used to seeing in the movies, also when they are made shorter the saber blade becomes three times as hot, that would actually make things for Darth Maul easier. Any Sith Lord or Jedi Master could cut through a Canadian no matter what his bones are made of. "
About adamantium i realy don't see a lightsaber cut something that it is said to be virtually indestructible and has some feats to back it up.   

a lightsaber is plasma which is hotter than magma even if it is indestructible to impact it has to have a mealting point 
#35 Posted by Undergroundgod (2924 posts) - - Show Bio
@Light said:
" @Undergroundgod:  That maybe useful with a regular lightsaber, but Darth Maul uses a double blade. Even if he could shorten it, half the length wouldn't be enough. Even if he only used one blade the hilt is too large for the quick strikes a single blade can produce and the shorter the blade the easier it will be for Wolverine to dodge it as well as deliver blows. "

Plus this is wrong anyways, a longer hilt does not slow down a skilled swords master, The Katana has a long hilt and is a very fast weapon in the right hands.
#36 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xan:  Assuming he gets the chance to use force push. And how much faster would he be? By a small margin i believe. Considering Logan starts out faster.
#37 Posted by xan84 (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Light said:

" @Xan:  Assuming he gets the chance to use force push. And how much faster would he be? By a small margin i believe. Considering Logan starts out faster. "

If we are using the EU (it is cannon) then Maul would just lift Logan up in the air and cut him apart (not the bones just his flesh), there is nothing logan can do to defend himself. Starkiler used the force to pull a damn Stardestroyer (big ass ship) out of the sky with nothing but the force .. Now imagine what Maul can do to logan with the force ...

@ emerald lamp 2814     

a lightsaber is plasma which is hotter than magma even if it is indestructible to impact it has to have a mealting point       

Show me proof. Show me a instance where adamantium was destroyed/melted by something less then a lightsaber.
#38 Edited by Tian (149 posts) - - Show Bio

If you watch the original star wars trilogy, you'll clearly see that in certain instances the light saber does not cut through everything. 
And I don't remember but I think in the new trilogy the same can be said.

#39 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio
@emerald lamp 2814:  Indestructible applies to all forms of damage, including heat.

@Undergroundgod: Theres a different between a quick strike and striking fast. Plus, a double bladed lightsaber isnt like a Katana. Its more like a polearm.
#40 Posted by emerald_lamp_2814 (630 posts) - - Show Bio
@Light said:
" @Xan:  Assuming he gets the chance to use force push. And how much faster would he be? By a small margin i believe. Considering Logan starts out faster. "

all he really needs to do is force grab him and then walts in while logan cannot move and slice him to peaces
#41 Posted by xan84 (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tian said:
"If you watch the original star wars, you'll clearly see that in certain instances the light saber does not cut through everything. "

Like what ?
#42 Posted by emerald_lamp_2814 (630 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xan said:
"@Light said:

If we are using the EU (it is cannon) then Maul would just lift Logan up in the air and cut him apart (not the bones just his flesh), there is nothing logan can do to defend himself. Starkiler used the force to pull a damn Stardestroyer (big ass ship) out of the sky with nothing but the force .. Now imagine what Maul can do to logan with the force ...

@ emerald lamp 2814     

a lightsaber is plasma which is hotter than magma even if it is indestructible to impact it has to have a mealting point        Show me proof. Show me a instance where adamantium was destroyed/melted by something less then a lightsaber. "

well the adamantium had to be liquid to merge with logans bones which means at one point it was melted
#43 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio
@emerald lamp 2814: @Xan:  Highly doubt Darth Maul will do that. He was cocky and took pride in out dueling his enemies.

#44 Posted by Undergroundgod (2924 posts) - - Show Bio
@Light said:

Darth Maul is way faster than James, he was able to fight Two Jedi Masters to a stand still, kill one and then only be killed by the other because of bad luck. Darth Maul would know what James was going to do before James did.
#45 Posted by emerald_lamp_2814 (630 posts) - - Show Bio
@Light said:
" @emerald lamp 2814: @Xan:  Highly doubt Darth Maul will do that. He was cocky and took pride in out dueling his enemies.

"

that is only if worst comes to worst logan would be dead way before he even thought of using that
#46 Posted by Undergroundgod (2924 posts) - - Show Bio
@Light said:
" @emerald lamp 2814:  Indestructible applies to all forms of damage, including heat.

@Undergroundgod: Theres a different between a quick strike and striking fast. Plus, a double bladed lightsaber isnt like a Katana. Its more like a polearm. "

Not with one blade in use. You are really making it sound longer than it really is. It is just like a Katana. Three hands maybe, where as a normal saber is a hand in a half.
#47 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio
@Undergroundgod:  He fought one Jedi master, Kenobi was still a padawan then. Second he's not faster unless he uses force speed. I have scans to support his speed if needed
#48 Posted by JediXMan (30705 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, I can't quote: Vibroblades are not cortosis. Some are, but the standard blade used ultrasonic vibrations. The ones that blocked Lightsabers were not cortosis blades, but a blade with a cortosis weave.

#49 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio

This is larger than the katana's hilt by far.

Not to mention that the Katana is ineffective when the user is within the kind of range the wolverine will be looking for.
#50 Posted by Undergroundgod (2924 posts) - - Show Bio
@Light said:
" @Undergroundgod:  He fought one Jedi master, Kenobi was still a padawan then. Second he's not faster unless he uses force speed. I have scans to support his speed if needed "

PISS