Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Forever

Satyrquaze says:

"E-MAN says:
"I DON'T KNOW IN THE MOVIE STRYKER SAID ONCE ADAMANTIUM COOLS,IT'S INDUSTRUCTABLE. RIVALED ONLY BY URU AND CAPS SHIELD,AND THE HUMAN TORCHES NOVA FLAME COULDN'T MELT IT,REMEMBER IN SECRET WARS WHEN JOHNNY FOUGHT ULTRON."
First of all, thanks for the reminder of how to use the caps lock. It's quite rude. Secondly, In the second X-Men movie the adamantium was found at the compound in liquid form (I.E. *melted down*). If it was truly indestructable it couldn't be smelted to coat Wolvies bones, or into armor plating in Ultron's case."

Adamantium can only be in liquid form when it is first being made. Once it hardens then it can't be affected by anything short of changes on a molecular level. And you know that the comic books trump the movies for sake of canon.

Which doesn't mean that Darth Maul won't win the fight. But think back to examples of adamantium surviving nuclear explosions (whether you find Wolverine healing from that or not absurd) the heat generated from that explosion would have to be multiple times the heat that a light saber could generate and yet the adamantium was undamaged.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By Satyrquaze

Forever says:

"Adamantium can only be in liquid form when it is first being made. Once it hardens then it can't be affected by anything short of changes on a molecular level. And you know that the comic books trump the movies for sake of canon. Which doesn't mean that Darth Maul won't win the fight. But think back to examples of adamantium surviving nuclear explosions (whether you find Wolverine healing from that or not absurd) the heat generated from that explosion would have to be multiple times the heat that a light saber could generate and yet the adamantium was undamaged."

E-MAN cited the movies as example so I cited them right back. That's all that was.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53  Edited By Forever

Satyrquaze says:

"E-MAN cited the movies as example so I cited them right back. That's all that was. "

Gotcha. That's my fault.

Iori Yagami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Iori Yagami

I'd be surprised if adamantium didn't have at least a degree of lightsaber resistance. It's very dense, and lighsabers have trouble with dense metals; Vader's shoulder-armor was made of a super-dense metal and it deflected a lightsaber blow in Empire Strikes Back. Contrary to what most people seem to think, I doubt this will be an utter curbstomp. Maul's best hope is to try to take off Logan's head right away. Anything less and Logan will just soak the damage; plus, he'll be within gutting distance, and Maul isn't going to be fighting if his insides are all over the floor. Even a glancing slash from those claws is going to be a problem, since Maul will be losing blood, while Logan can just regenerate from any saber hits.

Maul's two advantages are a) his weapon, and b) the Force (ie: low-level TK, enhanced speed, agility and reflexes). Physically, Wolverine is way out of his league.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55  Edited By Erik

Bump!

Espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Espada

Wow, old one. This comes down to whether or not Wolverine can be sliced up by a lightsabre. If he can, then Darth Maul wins, but if it can't cut through his bones then he'll just keep getting up again and again until he finally tags Maul, and then it's all over.

box turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#57  Edited By box turtle

The lightsaber can't cut a vibro-lance, so obviously certain materials are invulnerable.  Still, Maul slices everything off Wolverine, so he is just a skelaton, then force punches him and zaaps him over and over and over and over again until Wolvie kills himself.
comicbookguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By comicbookguy
@Espada said:

"Wow, old one. This comes down to whether or not Wolverine can be sliced up by a lightsabre. If he can, then Darth Maul wins, but if it can't cut through his bones then he'll just keep getting up again and again until he finally tags Maul, and then it's all over."

Well not really maul could stab him threw his ribs and kill him or chop him up at the joints since they are'nt covered in the metal
Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By Aronmorales

Hmm, does adamantium get cut by lightsabers?

comicbookguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By comicbookguy
@Aronmorales said:
"Hmm, does adamantium get cut by lightsabers? "

... read like the last 55 posts
Mysterioz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Mysterioz

bump >:D (The KOALA strikes again! *Evil Laugh* )

STroncosoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone! when they say "it's nearly unbreakable" from what i know only adamantium can cut through adamantium and if darth maul takes al the skin out, what about his bones? i think he might still be able to regenerate plus if you remember, cyclops could not cut through wolverine, or melt his bones in time, i don't know cyclops powers compared to lightsabers but still. this topic indeed was from a very long time ago but if you have seen the new movie "The Wolverine" they used heated adamantium to cut wolverine's bones. Before i forget, wolverines bones are covered by adamantium so he basically can't take them out.

TheNoobStomper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate to admit it but if Silver Samurai's sword was able to cut through adamantium,then i guess the lightsaber could do it unless the SS sword had some sort of special technology to achieve that

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Maul in a decent fight.

Avatar image for breakingthrones
BreakingThrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are adamantium cutting lasers but it would take a while for the light saber to cut through him and a hell of a lot of strength, I don't see it happening.

If he can force choke wolverine or crush his organs then he will knock him unconscious and it will give him a chance to finish him.

If wolverine gets close to him its over, wolverine has brilliant senses and reflexes and fighting experience - just like maul. Wolverine could cut through the lightsaber handle and if he gets hold of maul it's all over.

I see maul taking this if he doesn't underestimate wolverine, hopefully seeing wolverine's claws would be enough for him to keep a distance, the force wins him this one.