Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By The Average Bear
Darth Maul versus Spider-Man 

There are two battles 

Battle one: Takes place atop the Statue of liberty. Darth Maul can only use his Lightsaber here. No force powers (to compensate for Spider-Mans lack of mobility). Victory by KO, or death.

Battle two: Takes place in Times Square. Darth Maul has access to all of his force abilities. Victory by KO, or death. 

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Silver2467

Maul slaughters him in both. 

Avatar image for the_average_bear
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The Average Bear
@Silver2467 said:
" Maul slaughters him in both.  "
Slaughters, eh? Hm..
Avatar image for american_dragon
American Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By American Dragon

Spider-Man, FTW

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Silver2467
@The Average Bear said:
" @Silver2467 said:
Slaughters, eh? Hm.. "
Maul's not the best duelist of the time, but he is an exceptionally skilled Jar'Kai user. Spidey's a freestyle fighter. He lacks the tactical ability and skill, and his webbing can be block and cut by Maul. One strike by Maul, and Spidey's out. Maul wins. 
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Thor's hammmer

spiderman knocks him off the building in the first one  in the second he slaughters him
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The Average Bear
@Silver2467 said:
" @The Average Bear said:
" @Silver2467 said:
Slaughters, eh? Hm.. "
Maul's not the best duelist of the time, but he is an exceptionally skilled Jar'Kai user. Spidey's a freestyle fighter. He lacks the tactical ability and skill, and his webbing can be block and cut by Maul. One strike by Maul, and Spidey's out. Maul wins.  "
I would think Spideys reflexes would play an important part in this battle. Not sure if his Spider-sense would alert him to force tactics, however.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Silver2467
@The Average Bear said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Silver2467 said:
Slaughters, eh? Hm.. "
Maul's not the best duelist of the time, but he is an exceptionally skilled Jar'Kai user. Spidey's a freestyle fighter. He lacks the tactical ability and skill, and his webbing can be block and cut by Maul. One strike by Maul, and Spidey's out. Maul wins.  "
I would think Spideys reflexes would play an important part in this battle. Not sure if his Spider-sense would alert him to force tactics, however. "
Yes, his Spidey sense can help, but if you know anything about Spidey's track record against trained combatants, you'd know he doesn't do so well. Maul falls under that category, especially given the added danger presented by his lightsaber. Maul's primarily a lightsaber duelist. He's not huge on Force powers, but he still does know some basic telekinetic powers, such as Push and Throw. Even still though, I hold to Maul defeating Spidey even without those powers based on his pure skill alone. 
Psyker star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Psyker star

Spider man should take both. Maul is good but spider man can take him especially with out force powers.

The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The Average Bear
@Silver2467 said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Silver2467 said:
Slaughters, eh? Hm.. "
I would think Spideys reflexes would play an important part in this battle. Not sure if his Spider-sense would alert him to force tactics, however. "
Yes, his Spidey sense can help, but if you know anything about Spidey's track record against trained combatants, you'd know he doesn't do so well. Maul falls under that category, especially given the added danger presented by his lightsaber. Maul's primarily a lightsaber duelist. He's not huge on Force powers, but he still does know some basic telekinetic powers, such as Push and Throw. Even still though, I hold to Maul defeating Spidey even without those powers based on his pure skill alone.  "
Spider-Man has a great track record against experienced combatants. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Silver2467
@The Average Bear said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Silver2467 said:
Slaughters, eh? Hm.. "
Yes, his Spidey sense can help, but if you know anything about Spidey's track record against trained combatants, you'd know he doesn't do so well. Maul falls under that category, especially given the added danger presented by his lightsaber. Maul's primarily a lightsaber duelist. He's not huge on Force powers, but he still does know some basic telekinetic powers, such as Push and Throw. Even still though, I hold to Maul defeating Spidey even without those powers based on his pure skill alone.  "
Spider-Man has a great track record against experienced combatants.  "
No he doesn't. Daredevil, Iron Fist (without Chi), Cap, Elektra, Taskmaster, and others have defeated him. Cap even humiliated Spidey with the Iron Spider armor in Civil War, which was after the Other, making him even more powerful. Spidey doesn't do well against trained fighters. He lacks the combat skill and strategic understanding. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Silver2467
@The Average Bear: Correction, Iron First without Chi pretty much stalemated him, and Taskmaster was doing well. But there was a strange part of his fight with Taskmaster. Regardless, they've all done much better than you'd expect. His having superior physical attributes doesn't cut it, especially considering he always holds back so he doesn't kill someone. He's not a good enough fighter.  
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Thor's hammmer

maul wouldn't be as fast in the first battle since the force enhances physical stats
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Silver2467
@Thor's hammmer said:
" maul wouldn't be as fast in the first battle since the force enhances physical stats "
No, it doesn't. He never used Dark Rage. That was all him. It'd be the same as if Spidey were fighting someone like Daredevil or Cap. They're not superhuman, but both have defeated him. 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Maul should win both. He might lose the first, but I could still see him winning.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Silver2467
@JediXMan said:
" Maul should win both. He might lose the first, but I could still see him winning. "
I agree.
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The Average Bear
Bumpitty bump bump
BaldursFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BaldursFate

Does maul have absolutely no force in the first fight or just no force push and stuff like that.

The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The Average Bear
@BaldursFate said:
" Does maul have absolutely no force in the first fight or just no force push and stuff like that. "
No force
Drache64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Drache64

fight one maul gets no force against spidey but spidey gets his webs, his wall crawling, his super human abilites and his spider sense? SPITE 
fight two.... Maul stomps.
 spidey sense vs force sense. darth fought quigon jin and obi wan with out even looking at obi wan.

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hellos
@The Average Bear said:
"No force "

Then he's going to die horribly then.  
Jedi and Sith are very big on having the force give them the physical ability to block blaster fire and do super jumps and such. He would essentially be blinded since hes so dependant on it. 

1. Spiderman
2. Spiderman, mainly because my lack of knowledge on Mual's various force abilities. Didn't see him do much of the basics and he got beaten by Kenobi twice.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Hellos said:
" he got beaten by Kenobi twice. "
Once, actually, and that was due to Maul's overconfidence. Their "rematch" is non-canon.
Drache64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Drache64
@Hellos: kenobi would DESTROY spiderman. thats why he beat darth twice. obi is the MAN.  
spidey (i love him, one of the ONLY comics i follow) would die.... horribly.
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The Average Bear
@Drache64 said:
" fight one maul gets no force against spidey but spidey gets his webs, his wall crawling, his super human abilites and his spider sense? SPITE fight two.... Maul stomps. spidey sense vs force sense. darth fought quigon jin and obi wan with out even looking at obi wan. "
It's not spite at all. What wall is he going to crawl on? They are on top of the Statue of Liberty. 
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hellos
@JediXMan said:
" @Hellos said:
" he got beaten by Kenobi twice. "
Once, actually, and that was due to Maul's overconfidence. Their "rematch" is non-canon. "

I wasn't aware it wasn't canon. I already know that he is a cocky though, beats a master and goes down to student.
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FLCL1

maul pretty much beast here
Drache64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Drache64
@The Average Bear: @The Average Bear said:
" @Drache64 said:
" fight one maul gets no force against spidey but spidey gets his webs, his wall crawling, his super human abilites and his spider sense? SPITE fight two.... Maul stomps. spidey sense vs force sense. darth fought quigon jin and obi wan with out even looking at obi wan. "
It's not spite at all. What wall is he going to crawl on? They are on top of the Statue of Liberty.  "
maybe.... hmmm good question. 

(10 hours later):maybe he'll crawl on.... THE STATUE OF LIBERTY!!!!
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By spidey 15
@Silver2467 said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Silver2467 said:
Slaughters, eh? Hm.. "
Spider-Man has a great track record against experienced combatants.  "
No he doesn't. Daredevil, Iron Fist (without Chi), Cap, Elektra, Taskmaster, and others have defeated him. Cap even humiliated Spidey with the Iron Spider armor in Civil War, which was after the Other, making him even more powerful. Spidey doesn't do well against trained fighters. He lacks the combat skill and strategic understanding.  "
Iron fist never defeated him. In both of their fights there was no winner but spidey did better than iron fist in their fights and iron fist used chi.

First fight:

Second fight:

The only time that DD beaten spidey it was when spidey was extremely mad and he was fighting sloppier than ever. Even DD stated that this was his advantage.

No Caption Provided

The only time that Taskmaster defeated spidey it was when his spider sense was ignored. Spidey was doing well against him but then Taskmaster thrwe a baton and it was hit on a wall and it was deflect back to Peter and it hit him from behind. His spider-sense logically should warn him about the baton but it didn't. I don't doubt that Task can beat spidey but i wouldn't try to use this fight to prove it.

Anyway i agree with you that Darth should win but i would like to make clear some things so it won't be a missunderstanding. Also i have to add that spidey's lack of skills wasn't the only factor that make him lose to some people.
Don't forget his morals. If spidey didn't hesitate to KO DD with one punch DD should never humiliate him in any of their fights.=]

Anyway. Darth should win.
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The Average Bear
@Drache64 said:
" @The Average Bear: @The Average Bear said:
" @Drache64 said:
It's not spite at all. What wall is he going to crawl on? They are on top of the Statue of Liberty.  "
maybe.... hmmm good question.  (10 hours later):maybe he'll crawl on.... THE STATUE OF LIBERTY!!!! "
If it's not clear, the fight is limited to the top. That's why I said ATOP the Statue instead of on the island as a whole
Drache64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Drache64

No Caption Provided

@The Average Bear
said:

" @Drache64 said:

" @The Average Bear:  @The Average Bear said:

" @Drache64 said:
maybe.... hmmm good question.  (10 hours later):maybe he'll crawl on.... THE STATUE OF LIBERTY!!!! "
If it's not clear, the fight is limited to the top. That's why I said ATOP the Statue instead of on the island as a whole "
let me literally draw this out for you..... 
 http://yfrog.com/jvdumbideap 
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The Average Bear
@Drache64:  How big do you think these characters are? Those windows in the crown are for people to look out of. Just a size reference.
Drache64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Drache64

*slaps forehead...* 
the point is spiderman can stick to ANYTHING ... yes i know its hard to believe, he can even stick to the statue of liberty

The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The Average Bear
@Drache64 said:
" *slaps forehead...* the point is spiderman can stick to ANYTHING ... yes i know its hard to believe, he can even stick to the statue of liberty "
I know that. But it's on top of it. Like the crown. 
Drache64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Drache64
@The Average Bear said:
" @Drache64 said:
" *slaps forehead...* the point is spiderman can stick to ANYTHING ... yes i know its hard to believe, he can even stick to the statue of liberty "
I know that. But it's on top of it. Like the crown.  "

No Caption Provided
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The Average Bear
@Drache64 said:
" @Drache64 said:
I know that. But it's on top of it. Like the crown.  "

No Caption Provided
"
You're really taking this too far.
Drache64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Drache64
@The Average Bear said:

You're really taking this too far. "
I'm just saying, atop the statue of liberty with out pretty much ANY POWERS.... Maul gets stomped this bad: 

No Caption Provided
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By Power NeXus
@The Average Bear said:
" @Drache64:  How big do you think these characters are? Those windows in the crown are for people to look out of. Just a size reference. "

Is this better :) 

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By spidey 15
@Power NeXus: lol
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Silver2467
@spidey 15: I corrected myself on that anyway. 
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By spidey 15
@Silver2467: Oh ok. It's not that i don't agree with you. It's just that the fact that spidey is an unskilled person doesn't really make him unable to defeat any of them.It's just that is more likely for them to beat him.=]
PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PurpleCandy

Not to rage a debate but I think Spiderman would win even if Maul used the force, due to all of spidermans feats

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sufferthorn

@spidey 15 said:

@Silver2467: Oh ok. It's not that i don't agree with you. It's just that the fact that spidey is an unskilled person doesn't really make him unable to defeat any of them.It's just that is more likely for them to beat him.=]

Spidey does indeed have skill, and at this point(Prior to #700) he had Advanced Martial Arts training from Shang Chi.

This is basicly Spider-Man vs a guy with a Lightsaber and Telekinetic powers. Sure....I know Maul can move his Saberstaff at incredible speeds, but that isn't really gonna do anything to Spidey.

MorganFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MorganFreeman

Going with Maul winning both rounds, especially round 2.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Maul stomps

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By spidey 15

@Sufferthorn said:

@spidey 15 said:

Spidey does indeed have skill, and at this point(Prior to #700) he had Advanced Martial Arts training from Shang Chi.

This is basicly Spider-Man vs a guy with a Lightsaber and Telekinetic powers. Sure....I know Maul can move his Saberstaff at incredible speeds, but that isn't really gonna do anything to Spidey.

Well, you could notice that my post is like 2 years old. At the time spidey didn't have his training with Shang! :)

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46  Edited By Decoy Elite

Round 1 Spider-Man wins now that he has some martial arts experience under his belt.(Unless we have to use Ock/Spidey who would lose due to inexperience)

Round 2 Spider-Man gets wiped out pretty easily if Maul actually uses his force powers.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#47  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Decoy Elite: Do my eyes deceive me? Is that... Decoy Elite?
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48  Edited By Decoy Elite

@k4tzm4n said:

@Decoy Elite: Do my eyes deceive me? Is that... Decoy Elite?

Don't know who that awesome Decoy guy is, I'm Dacoy Elote from Russian Comrade.

Also I've been around with an alt for a bit now(MysteriousUsername), had to clean up my inbox before I used this account again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Darth Maul loses the first round - even someone like Maul who doesn't much rely on the Force would still react violently to losing it.

Maul wins the second.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By laflux

@guttridgeb said:

Darth Maul loses the first round - even someone like Maul who doesn't much rely on the Force would still react violently to losing it.

Maul wins the second.