Darth Maul vs. Count Dooku

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Erkan12
Avatar image for deactivated-5c80832cdb7ee
deactivated-5c80832cdb7ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Darth Maul wins this fight

Strikerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Very good analyse.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Erkan12
dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Maul

Lobo11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As i said earlier, Maul stronger than Episode I, so he was already strong and he become stronger, plus Dooku has weakness with physical attacks in lightsaber duel, and Maul's speciality is this. 8 of 10 Maul wins.

DARK_PASSENGER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I'm going to have to be the odd man out. I believe Tyrannus would take this at least 7/10. Reasons: as a sword master he is usually equated to the likes of Windu who is only under Yoda as far as Jedi go. He is also more powerful in the Force IMO the way he casually lifts those Nightsisters, lightnings the hell out of them and tosses them out the window while being drugged is some pretty impressive display of power. Excellent analysis though

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Erkan12

@dark_passenger said:

I guess I'm going to have to be the odd man out. I believe Tyrannus would take this at least 7/10. Reasons: as a sword master he is usually equated to the likes of Windu who is only under Yoda as far as Jedi go. He is also more powerful in the Force IMO the way he casually lifts those Nightsisters, lightnings the hell out of them and tosses them out the window while being drugged is some pretty impressive display of power. Excellent analysis though

Thanks.

About Yoda and Windu, he escaped when he fought against Yoda at ''Episode II'' and at ''Obsession'' he escaped from Windu.

Dooku's lightsaber dueling skill a little better than Maul i agree. However Maul uses his physical / kinetic attacks and his martial arts while he duels, thats why i believe Maul has great advantage against Dooku, since his makashi weak against it and thats why he lost to Anakin. Otherwise i believe they are equal.

Avatar image for imboredletsdebate
ImBoredLetsDebate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ImBoredLetsDebate

The reasons you gave are kinda bad.

Pre-TCW Grevious' strength > TCW Maul's strength, and Dooku has had no problem defending and disarming Grevious. TCW/RotS Anakin's strength is >= TCW Maul's strength, and Dooku has been able to defend and disarm him well enough. So, Maul's strength is a non-factor.

Maul was tortured by Sidious' lightning multiple times and grew a huge resistance to it. Not saying that Dooku's lightning would have no affect whatsoever, but I don't think it would help very much. So, it is essentially a non-factor as well.

You said that Dooku has a weakness vs TK attacks in combat, then provided a .gif of him fighting 2 semi-skilled lightsaber combatants and 4 blades. That isn't evidence at all, since this is a 1v1. Also, Dooku is leagues ahead of Maul in lightsaber combat. Being able to 2v1 against RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan, the former having Maul-like strength, is a much greater lightsaber combat feat than anything Maul has shown, iirc. Then we have Dooku contending with Yoda in AotC, and Dooku having defeated Mace Windu at least once, and stalemated him multiple times. Maul has shown no feats like this. Also, Dooku's TK is more or less equal to Maul's.

Maul's strength is a non-factor, and he doesn't outclass Dooku in any other aspect.

Dooku wins at least 8/10

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Erkan12

The reasons you gave are kinda bad.

Pre-TCW Grevious' strength > TCW Maul's strength, and Dooku has had no problem defending and disarming Grevious. TCW/RotS Anakin's strength is >= TCW Maul's strength, and Dooku has been able to defend and disarm him well enough. So, Maul's strength is a non-factor.

Grievous failed to defeat Ventress, and Ventress failed against Savage. Thats why as physical ;

Maul >= Savage > Anakin > Ventress = Fisto = Grievous.

I don't know why are you thinking Pre-TCW Grievous is so strong, Windu stomped him easily.

Then we have Dooku contending with Yoda in AotC, and Dooku having defeated Mace Windu at least once, and stalemated him multiple times. .

Read the earlier post of mine, i showed that with pages, Windu and Yoda are not in same league with Dooku.

And as i said earlier, Dooku's style has great advantage against Obi-Wan, while he has weakness with Anakin, thats why Anakin overpowered him. And Maul can easily do the same with his greater power. There is paper-scissor-rock.

Plus 8 of 10 is ridiculous, if that, Sidious would send Dooku to Mandalore, but no he said to Maul ; ''You have become a rival.''

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You've already made one of these threads.....

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

You've already made one of these threads.....

Exactly. He's still using the same fallacious arguments to boot.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ShootingNova

@dccomicsrule2011: I don't think you can flag blogs, so I might just flag the other one.

And I maintain what I said in the other thread. There is still nobody who has successfully refuted anything I said, and almost none that attempted (save for one who called me biased, but everything he posted was incorrect anyways).

DARK_PASSENGER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DARK_PASSENGER

@erkan12: there is a quote from a Sourcebook saying something akin to "there were only 2 adversaries that ever beat Mace in lightsaber combat one being Yoda who some believed was the Orders true sword master; and the other was Count Douku whose own style was archaic yet stunningly effective " not an exact quote but best I can do off the top of my head. I also don't see Mauls physical advantage to matter that much either. Douku was doing quite well against Anakin's Djem-So in RotS until Anakin started using his anger and it said he was using Force equivalent to that of "meteor strikes"(hyperbole I'm sure, but still) and he was able to keep up for awhile. So I'm still sticking to Tyrannus>Maul

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Erkan12

there is a quote from a Sourcebook saying something akin to "there were only 2 adversaries that ever beat Mace in lightsaber combat one being Yoda who some believed was the Orders true sword master; and the other was Count Douku whose own style was archaic yet stunningly effective " not an exact quote but best I can do off the top of my head. I also don't see Mauls physical advantage to matter that much either. Douku was doing quite well against Anakin's Djem-So in RotS until Anakin started using his anger and it said he was using Force equivalent to that of "meteor strikes"(hyperbole I'm sure, but still) and he was able to keep up for awhile. So I'm still sticking to Tyrannus>Maul

Yes absolutely it is.

But again, in Clone Wars, Anakin was choking Dooku ; his lightning saved him like against Savage.

Loading Video...

And i add some gifs at OP, you can see how Savage throwed Dooku. Dooku is good but, with this kind of enemies he has weakness. Otherwise against Obi-Wan or against Nightsisters, he did really good.

DARK_PASSENGER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DARK_PASSENGER

@erkan12: Anakin choking Douku doesn't mean Maul could. When Douku got pushed by Savage it was 2 on 1 though it's likely he was caught off guard. He may be an "apprentice" but he's a Sith Lord and was also a Jedi Master. I still don't see Maul taking Douku. The only advantage I can see Maul has is resistance to lightning and possibly stronger telekinesis

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Erkan12

Anakin choking Douku doesn't mean Maul could. When Douku got pushed by Savage it was 2 on 1 though it's likely he was caught off guard. He may be an "apprentice" but he's a Sith Lord and was also a Jedi Master. I still don't see Maul taking Douku. The only advantage I can see Maul has is resistance to lightning and possibly stronger telekinesis

I don't think Anakin can physically neutralize Savage Opress ''that easy'' like Maul did. Or other of his physical feats.

And about 'caught off guard' no, Dooku purposely avoid from Savage's attacks. Watch that fight and you can see it.

I believe that Maul is better about ''physical fight'' than Anakin, you can think otherwise, I will not push my ideas on you.

DARK_PASSENGER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: I certainly think he could. Although he wouldn't use a mirror hand(at least that's what it looks like) to do it. He would/could grab his hand and crush it though like he did to Ventress and a Magnagaurd before. I haven't seen anything from Maul to suggest he is Anakin's physical superior as far as strength or speed go.

Fair enough I won't push my ideas on you either just debating/discussing :-) all in fun

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Erkan12

Don't believe that Dooku can fight this long against Sidious ;

Loading Video...

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ShootingNova

LOL. Are these gifs all on google, or do you actually make them?

Raycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with OP, especially these parts are important ;

“How unfortunate that you are attempting to deceive me,” Sidious said. “Master?” Maul asked. “You have become a rival,” Sidious declared.
Maul had grown more powerful since the last time he’d been in Sidious’s presence,
But strong as he had become, Maul found himself in awe of Sidious.''

And i'm surprised about how someone can say ; Anakin/Vader better than Maul at ''physical fight'' , just read these (by the way this is not stronger TCW Maul) ;

DARK_PASSENGER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DARK_PASSENGER

@raycat: he also said "you have been replaced!" wasn't Maul being amped by the Prophets of the Dark Side? And he eventually loses that duel. Granted Vader had to stab himself. That wasn't Vader at his prime either. Sorry I swear I didn't mean to flag your comment my phone messed up :-(

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ShootingNova

Why would you underline "Maul found himself in awe of Sidious"? It means he was amazed and dreaded Sidious...... not much of an accolade/feat there.

I repeat what I said in the other thread:

@shootingnova said:

I have no idea why you keep on insisting that Dooku has no physical feats. By virtue of strength he has disarmed Grievous, disarmed Anakin, kicked Anakin, kicked Obi-Wan, kicked Ventress, kicked a Nightsister while drugged, deflected blows from Ventress and her Nightsister aides with enough force to stagger them while drugged, and so on. Maul may be physically stronger, but not by the margin you are making it out to be. Anakin's successful performance against Dooku is not a suitable benchmark because Anakin's strength feats exceed Maul's. Conversely, Dooku had no issues dueling with Grievous, somebody whose strength also exceeds that of Maul's.

As far as speed goes, Dooku takes a slight lead. They have replicated each others' speed feats when it came down to the regular moving faster than human perception, and so on, but Dooku has generated more afterimages than Maul, for how much that's worth. Maul does appear to be relatively even with Obi-Wan, and The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader goes out of its way to state that Dooku moved faster than Obi-Wan:

The two droids fired at Obi-Wan, but he batted their fired energy bolts back at them and cut them down as he moved fast for Dooku. Unfortunately, Dooku moved faster, extending his left hand toward Obi-Wan as he used the Force to lift the Jedi off his feet while at the same time constricting his throat.

Source: The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader

For dueling skill, Maul has consistently stalemated Obi-Wan, beaten Ko-Solok and Bruu Jun-Fan simultaneously, held the advantage over Judd, quickly won against Savage, and contended with Pre Vizsla (as a dueling feat, not a speed feat).

Contrariwise, Dooku has defeated Windu at least once and stalemated him every other time, contended with Yoda, beaten Grievous, beaten Obi-Wan, beaten AotC Anakin, stalemated Anakin on Tatooine and contended with him in every other fight, easily disarmed a lightwhip-wielding Anakin on Kadavo, defeated Sora Bulq and Tholme simultaneously, defeated Ventress, defeated Quinlan Vos, and so on. Dooku takes a minor advantage in the dueling department.

As far as other unorthodox physical advantages go, they should also be even. Maul's proficiency in Teras Kasi could serve to hamper Dooku's fighting style bu making it more difficult than it already is for Dooku to physically keep up, while Dooku's curved-hilt is completely alien to Maul and would serve Dooku well as far as dueling goes.

Whether this would be of any help at all is up for discussion but frankly I would rather say we disregard it completely, since it is quite plausible Maul himself would know several unorthodox techniques of his own. On the other hand, while Maul is a master of several forms, this is no advantage for him because none of the forms are alien to Dooku, and he prefers utilizing Juyo.

Durability wise, this passes to Maul without a second thought. Dooku has absolutely no durability feats of note while Maul has repeatedly shown he can keep fighting after sustaining injuries, in part due to his Zabrak heritage, but nonetheless an impressive display of pain tolerance and endurance.

That's all the physicalities gone; now for telekinetic potency - TCW Maul has significantly better telekinetic feats than TPM Maul, and all but rivals Dooku in this department. For a comparison, Maul has choked and hurled Obi-Wan; and so has Dooku. Maul has collapsed part of a cave; and so has Dooku. Maul has twisted a victim's head around with a Choke, while Dooku has used some Choke or possibly Crush on a Weequay Pirate to kill him instantly. Maul has scattered several soldiers with a simple push; Dooku has done the same. Maul has collapsed a tunnel ceiling to form some miniature landslide, while Dooku has easily collapsed boulders with a gesture. An injured Maul has pulled a twenty-meter shuttle over a cliff, while Dooku has easily collapsed a bridge. Maul has crushed a droid; Dooku has slammed down a steel door with a gesture. Maul has effortlessly lifted a piece of metal to knock down a Weequay Pirate; Dooku has collapsed a crane while drained of energy. Maul has shown the precision to fracture bones individually; Dooku has shown the precision to throw a knife perfectly into a keyhole. And so forth. They are just about even, except for Dooku lifting over a dozen steel obelisks, a feat which narrowly exceeds anything Maul has shown. Dooku takes the telekinesis department.

Dooku does have Lightning, but if for some reason he elects to use it from a noticeable distance, then Maul should have no problem dodging it or catching it on his blade. If Dooku uses it at a close range, then it could be used for disruptive or even protective means, but frankly given Maul's resilience, Dooku's most powerful Lightning attacks (which have instantly killed several Kiffar warriors) should only lightly injure him at best. That said, it should be at least as effective against Maul as it was against Anakin.

Telepathy is not something either of these combatants use in a fight, but for analytical purposes I might as well list their feats. I believe Maul has compelled some fodder to commit suicide, and Dooku has forced a Weequay pirate to kill his companion, but both of those are completely inapplicable in a fight. Dooku has shown Drain Knowledge, but not only is that useless in a fight, but Obi-Wan managed to partially resist it in spite of the fact that his ability to call upon the Force was interfered with by electrocution. Maul has shown passive telepathic resistance sufficient enough to repulse an Iktotchi's attempt to probe his mind, and while some fodder Iktotchi should not be more powerful than Dooku telepathically, the ease at which Maul repelled her telepathy is a sufficient indication to me that Dooku's telepathy would have no more success. And of course, neither of these combatants have chosen to use telepathy in any of their battles, so in a fight with morals on, telepathy would have no bearing whatsoever.

In the broadest sense, strength and endurance favor Maul, while skill, TK, Lightning and speed narrowly side with Dooku. Take your pick.

That said, all of Dooku's advantages are minimal, while Maul's strength advantage is anywhere from minimal to negligible. As for his resiliency, it would allow him to take Dooku's Lightning and telekinesis without suffering anything more than minor wounds in the most unfavorable scenario, but it would not prevent Dooku from physically manipulating him with telekinesis and Lightning, nor would it allow him to continue fighting if Dooku landed a lightsaber blow, which would lead to a victory in Dooku's favor.

All in all, this is a good fight. Dooku wins dueling, speed and TK by a small margin and has Lightning, while Maul has strength and resiliency on his side. Dooku wins a small advantage of 6-7/10 by virtue of having more valuable and resourceful advantages.

@shootingnova said:

For all the people saying Maul wins by virtue of strength, not only have you people failed to refute Dooku's repelling of Pre-TCW Grievous's strikes, but there is also this: Mace Windu, a being who has demonstrated strength feats rivaling those of Maul's (flattening Super Battle Droid plating with punches) has never overwhelmed Dooku by virtue of strength. Here is their brief clash - and Windu's strength never appeared to make any difference:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And in every one of their spars in the past, Windu has never overwhelmed Dooku with strength either. In many of their spars, neither of them left the victor, and thus they were regarded as equals:

No Caption Provided

At least one source indicates that Dooku had outsparred Windu before, and while it is certainly plausible the inverse occurred, it has never been stated:

Master Windu himself remained perfectly balanced and centered. In the history of the Jedi Order, only two opponents ever overcame him in battle. One was Master Yoda, who some said was the Order's true master of lightsaber combat. The other was former Master Dooku, whose own fighting style was archaic, yet stunningly effective.

Source: Power of the Jedi Sourcebook

I fail to see why Maul would so easily overwhelm Dooku with strength, when other combatants such as Windu and Pre-TCW Grievous, whose strength feats either rival or surpass Maul's, have failed to do the same.

@shootingnova said:

I personally feel that Maul is being underrated.

And being overrated. I repeat as I have done about four times already in this thread, I have always offered objective analyses, and I do not undercut people to favor my side. For that matter, I like Maul as well.

We forget that even before TCW, he was beating Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan at the same time, and Qui-Gon was a very prestigious lightsaber combatant in his own right, and was said to be able to duel Master Windu as an equal. Now admittedly, he also had a lot of disadvantages against Maul, but still, that's no slouch feat. Only reason Obi-Wan was able to beat Maul was because of a single lucky hit after Maul had assumed he already won.

TCW Maul should not be compared to TPM Maul, and he did have an advantage in possessing an alien weapon as well. As for Qui-Gon dueling Windu as an equal, I keep hearing that as a source, but I have never seen evidence to indicate that. As of TPM, Qui-Gon's age lessened his speed, strength and skill anyways, so sparring evenly with Windu in the distant past is somewhat irrelevant.

Dooku has a better feat than that anyways - defeating both Sora Bulq and Tholme simultaneously.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Dooku disarms Bulq in the first scan, indicating his superior skill. He then knocks him out with Lightning before proceeding to stomp Tholme.

Bulq alone has actually stalemated Windu (scans below) before getting Force-pushed, but that has nothing to do with dueling. Tholme has fought fairly evenly with Quinlan Vos. So really, Bulq is a superior combatant to Jinn while Tholme is a superior combatant to TPM Kenobi. And Dooku defeated them both, unlike Maul, who, while being able to maintain an advantage, lacked the ability to outright defeat them together with the same ease Dooku had with his opponents, both of whom possess superior skill levels than Maul's opponents anyways.

As for Sora stalemating Windu in dueling, here are the scans:

Also, what was Dooku's greatest weakness? He had a hard time holding up a defense against sheer raw force. That's why Anakin was able to beat him. What is Maul best at? Sheer raw force. Thus even if Dooku IS superior, Maul has a personal advantage.

The issue is that Anakin's strength feats exceed Maul's, and so do his skill and speed feats. By the time of RotS Anakin had faced Dooku many times before, so he did not have to be wary of Dooku's curved-hilt, which Maul has never faced. This means he must fight more cautiously and limits his ability to just charge in hacking away at maximum strength. Beyond that, Dooku has a notable skill for utilizing TK and Lightning mid-duel, which could be used again as protective measures to prevent Maul from simply overwhelming him.

I have still not seen anybody refute the fact that Dooku had no difficulty repelling Pre-TCW Grievous's blows, and the fact that Pre-TCW Grievous has better strength feats than Maul does.

@shootingnova said:

Anakin's strength comparative to Savage is irrelevant, because Maul's performance against Savage also related to his proficiency in Teras Kasi, his speed, and his cybernetic legs, along with his strength. His Teras Kasi was in part what allowed him to easily twist Savage's arm, and pinning him to the floor was the combined result of all of the above. And really, Savage flooring Dooku seems to be Dooku underestimating Savage's strength, Savage throwing all of his strength into one attack, or both. Still, though, there should be no reason for Maul to replicate the same thing.

For that matter, why would you even reference Teras Kasi, but not reference the fact that Maul has absolutely no idea how Tyranus's lightsaber design functions? They would offer equal advantages over one another, and you could still reference Dooku's mastery of various unorthodox techniques, but that's still up for discussion (but nobody has been discussing it). Not only do these offer dueling advantages, but possibly level the strength advantage Maul has, because he must be cautious of how he fights due to how inexperienced he is in combating somebody with Dooku's weapon design and fighting style.

Anakin has struck hard enough to shatter stone beneath him, crushed MagnaGuard hands, met a MagnaGuard attack with enough force to stagger them (Magnaguards have created craters in steel by landing), and was described as striking "with the Force of a meteor". Maul's best strength feat would be between knocking around Obi-Wan, or throwing a spear over a colossal distance.

As impressive as that is, Dooku has had no difficulty against Grievous:

Loading Video...

(6:50-7:18)

Mind you, this is Pre-TCW Grievous, not TCW Grievous. For the sake of reference, he has accomplished things like this:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

As for dueling with Sidious, Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy states in no uncertain terms that when Palpatine was actually trying, Maul saw nothing more than "countless blades": Evidently, he would be unable to react to a Palpatine actually fighting to his full capacity, which is consistent with several other EU sources which indicate that TPM Maul, Anakin, and Windu would not have been able to do so either.

Sidious raised his saber and flew at Maul, who parried desperately, his mechanical legs whirring as he sought to counter his former Master’s blows. Sidious’s sabers were a blur, a whirling cage of deadly plasma. Maul danced away from one blow, then reversed his movement to avoid another, and then there were too many to count, and then there were even more than that.

Maul’s saber spun out of his hand, bouncing away across the floor.

And before people say Savage was knocking back TCW Anakin during their fight, that was TCW Anakin (who has never displayed strength feats of regular EU Anakin) and they were plainly neglecting to attack him anyways. With strength feats such as striking with the force of a meteor and striking against a blade hard enough to shatter stone beneath him exceeds any feat demonstrated by Savage and Maul, and for speed, Anakin has encased himself in the light of his blade, fought fast enough to appear to be "everywhere at once" and filled Count Dooku's entire line of vision with the light of his blade. Those feats all exceed Maul's, and the only advantage he possesses over Anakin is Teras Kasi.

Nobody has successfully refuted any of that yet. Aside from claiming I'm biased, is there anybody who is actually going to refute any of this? Because as it stands, Dooku should not have nearly as much trouble as is being fanwanked in this thread.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ShootingNova
deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deathstroke19
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke19: Except, you know, it's the exact same thing, as soon as you click the spoiler tag.....

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShootingNova

Videos can't be placed within spoiler blocks, so they won't appear within my post. Anybody who wants to see them can just tell me and I'll repost them.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Yeah but... Its nice and tidy now so it doesn't just look like.... A wall of text.... Lol

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ShootingNova

@deathstroke19: It's really just the same thing if you open it again.

Still, I stand by what I said.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Yeah but.... We had a moment there, and I actually made you laugh which was one of my goals here (including making JXM and Silver laugh).... We had a moment, just let it happen lol.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deathstroke19

@shootingnova: haha wow this is a new record, getting you to laugh twice! You must be having a great day today! Jk lol

For some reason most of the hardcore Star Wars fans (except dccomicsrule) are extremely stubborn to laugh which is why I have set those goals.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ShootingNova

@deathstroke19: I say "LOL" a lot. Even when I don't laugh. You can tell if I'm laughing if I say "haha" or "that's too funny" or "that's hilarious" or whatever.

This is really off-topic though.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Erkan12

@raycat said:

And i'm surprised about how someone can say ; Anakin/Vader better than Maul at ''physical fight'' , just read these (by the way this is not stronger TCW Maul) ;

Very good ! I should add this to OP. With that there should be no doubt !

@dark_passenger said:

he also said "you have been replaced!" wasn't Maul being amped by the Prophets of the Dark Side? And he eventually loses that duel. Granted Vader had to stab himself. That wasn't Vader at his prime either. Sorry I swear I didn't mean to flag your comment my phone messed up :-(

C'mon... after this at least i thought you would agree... I read the comic and i don't remember any info about 'amped' , they just 'resurrect' him, his name was 'Darth Maul'... Plus it doesn't matter amped or not, since ''TCW Maul stronger than TPM''...

And about Vader's prime or not... That just speculation of Vader fans, i never read that Vader becoming stronger...

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ShootingNova

Unsure what adding that has to do with anything. Maul was "winning" because of speed/agility, not dueling prowess, and Vader (who wasn't even in his prime) won in the end anyways.

Anakin is faster and much more agile than Vader, so he might as well be capable of replicating that feat against Vader.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By deathstroke19
Strikerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Strikerx

@shootingnova said:

Unsure what adding that has to do with anything. Maul was "winning" because of speed/agility, not dueling prowess, and Vader (who wasn't even in his prime) won in the end anyways.

Anakin is faster and much more agile than Vader, so he might as well be capable of replicating that feat against Vader.

Yes he won but it is irrelevant with the subject, they are claiming Maul stronger as physical fighter, and they showed the proof but you are still denying and making excuses. Vader lost the physical fight against Maul, this Vader in his cyborg body much stronger than Anakin. Nobody said Anakin is slower or Vader didn't won the fight.

Therefor as physical fighter Maul > Vader/Anakin, this is more than enough for defeating Dooku.

8 of 10 Maul wins.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

When i watch these, i feel like Maul destroys Dooku.

DARK_PASSENGER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: I've known about that comic for awhile. I could've sworn the Prophets of the Dark Side were giving him some kind of buff, but either way that's not TPM or TCW Maul it's a clone. To my understanding Vader wasn't in his prime until RotJ. I also feel like shootingnovas post pretty much explains why Douku would win at the very least showing Douku takes the majority

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Erkan12

I've known about that comic for awhile. I could've sworn the Prophets of the Dark Side were giving him some kind of buff, but either way that's not TPM or TCW Maul it's a clone. To my understanding Vader wasn't in his prime until RotJ. I also feel like shootingnovas post pretty much explains why Douku would win at the very least showing Douku takes the majority

I read the comic. There is no such a thing. So it is Maul's weaker TPM version. Vader and his prime is irrelevant, because Anakin's physical strength didn't decrease. His dueling skills, his force maybe, but not his strength, since he was half machine, (cybernetic legs and arms).

Sorry but these are just excuses... Now we have the comic that shows us ; Maul > Vader as physically. And thats more than enough for outmaneuvering Dooku.

Avatar image for elderstarlord117
ElderStarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

/sigh

Maul does not, will not, and won't ever take the majority in a one-on-one fight against Dooku. Dooku outclasses Maul in nearly every way.

Haven't you made a thread similar to this before? Or am I just looking at the same one?

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Erkan12

/sigh

Maul does not, will not, and won't ever take the majority in a one-on-one fight against Dooku. Dooku outclasses Maul in nearly every way.

Lol. Please read the OP again then.

I suppose you are thinking with movie feats and like this ; (Padawan Obi-Wan beat Maul, Obi-Wan lost to Dooku, so no way)

Dooku's weakness = Maul's speciality. Even TPM Maul has chance and this TCW Maul much stronger than TPM.

@elderstarlord117 said:Haven't you made a thread similar to this before? Or am I just looking at the same one?

That was poll, this is my blog.

DARK_PASSENGER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DARK_PASSENGER

@erkan12: fair enough just thought he had a buff. Either way it's not TPM Maul it's a clone. It is completely relevant I would contest RotJ Vader>RotS Vader the only thing Anakin has on him is speed and agility. Which is why Maul was able to overwhelm Vader it was because of speed not strength. Also how does the comic show Maul>Vader? He still loses the duel. Also out maneuvering Vader(not prime) doesn't mean he could do the same to Douku.

Avatar image for earthquake_2123
Earthquake_2123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Earthquake_2123

If this was Hand to Hand and Dooku doesn't use lighting force ability or Saber then I would say Maul takes takes the the slight majority. Other then that Dooku takes it 7-8/10

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ShootingNova

@erkan12: It really doesn't matter whether you made a poll or blog, you can't make the same thread twice.

@strikerx said:

Yes he won but it is irrelevant with the subject, they are claiming Maul stronger as physical fighter, and they showed the proof but you are still denying and making excuses. Vader lost the physical fight against Maul, this Vader in his cyborg body much stronger than Anakin. Nobody said Anakin is slower or Vader didn't won the fight.

Therefor as physical fighter Maul > Vader/Anakin, this is more than enough for defeating Dooku.

All of this is incorrect.

First of all, Vader's physical feats do not exceed Anakin's at all. Secondly, Maul was not winning the fight because he was stronger or more skilled. He was winning because of speed/agility, which matters because Vader's cybernetic armor reduces his actions (Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, Lightsabers: A Guide to the Weapons of the Force and so on all state this).

The difference in a fight against Anakin is that Anakin is faster and and significantly more agile than Vader. This is why Maul's fight against Vader is not translatable to a fight against Anakin, because Maul does not have the advantage in speed/agility as he did against Vader, which was the reason he gave Vader that much trouble. Vader was still far from his prime at that point anyways.

And just to drive this home:

Anakin strikes against Ventress's blades hard enough to crack and shatter stone beneath him:

Loading Video...

Anakin strikes with the force of a meteor:

Skywalker was all over him. The shining blue lightsaber whirled and spat and every overhand chop crashed against Dooku's defense with the unstoppable power of a meteor strike; the Sith Lord spent lavishly of his reserve of the Force merely to meet these attacks without being cut in half, and Skywalker—Skywalker was getting stronger.

Source: Revenge of the Sith

All of you Maul supporters - show me strength feats from Maul exceeding this (and no, not he beat Savage who forced back TCW Anakin, who has never displayed this level of strength anyways).

For speed - Anakin, as a padawan, has encased himself in the light of his blade:

"I'm a slow learner," Anakin replied coolly, and he came on then, so suddenly, so powerfully, his green blade whirling with such speed that he seemed almost encased in green light.

Source: Attack of the Clones

Anakin has fought fast enough to appear to be "everywhere at once".

He had not had a chance to move, to help. Anakin had been a blur. He had seemed to be everywhere at once. He had destroyed ten attack droids, disarmed his aggressors, and disabled two laser cannons without hesitation, with even a slight smile on his face.

Source: Jedi Quest: The School of Fear

Show me speed feats from Maul that exceed this, or even rival this.

So no, Maul is not a "better physical fighter" than Anakin at all, at least, not regular EU Anakin, which was the version who won against Dooku (by the way, he was also enraged at that point). Using TCW Anakin as a benchmark when the version who beat Dooku was regular EU Anakin, is rather stretching, given how regular EU Anakin's speed and strength feats are in excess of anything he has shown in TCW.

I repeat - show me strength/speed feats from Maul which exceed the above, and then I will concede that Maul is physically superior to Anakin. As I said, the only advantage he has is Teras Kasi, not strength or speed.

And there is still nobody who even tried to refute my earlier points about Pre-TCW Grievous and Windu failing to overpower Dooku with strength. Saying Grievous was beaten by a Force Crush obviously does not refute my point because that has nothing to do with physical strength.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ShootingNova

Why the Maul supporters are claiming I'm denying anything and making excuses is beyond me when every single Maul supporter has failed to even try to refute my points, beyond using irrelevancies and claiming I'm biased. The Maul supporters have denied to even recognize any of my points thus far, and they are the only ones making fallacious excuses, and this is the case in both the threads.

When you have a confirmation bias combined with red herrings, contradictions, false premises and appeals to ignorance, I don't think you're in a position to be claiming anybody else to be "denying" anything or "making excuses".

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Wolfrazer

You know, I find it rather odd that Vader doesn't have strength that would exceed Anakin's considering that you would think Vader's cybernetics would increase his strength all around along with his durability. Rather than just his durability being heightened. Plus it would contrast nicely with Anakin being faster/agile, while Vader stronger/durable.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Wolfrazer
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

You know, I find it rather odd that Vader doesn't have strength that would exceed Anakin's considering that you would think Vader's cybernetics would increase his strength all around along with his durability. Rather than just his durability being heightened. Plus it would contrast nicely with Anakin being faster/agile, while Vader stronger/durable.

I actually think Vader is more powerful....But his feats doesn't surpass Ani's...It only matches.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: Should be fixed! Hopefully DH before they lose Star Wars pulls out all the stops for Vader!