Darth Maul vs. Darth Sidious

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Gottheit

Darth Maul was just a padawan, if you will. Palpatine is the Master. I think the Master could end this without even turning on his lightsaber.

Darth Erebos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Darth Erebos

Who comes out as Victor?

or

Darth Erebos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Darth Erebos

Gottheit says:

"Darth Maul was just a padawan, if you will. Palpatine is the Master. I think the Master could end this without even turning on his lightsaber."

than why did he loose against his apprentice?

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Apparition

Darth Erebos says:

"Gottheit says:
"Darth Maul was just a padawan, if you will. Palpatine is the Master. I think the Master could end this without even turning on his lightsaber."
than why did he loose against his apprentice? "

who vader? the vader who happened to be a cyborg at that point and maybe was more resistant to force lightning than a normal human? is that the apprentice youre talking about?

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chameleone

Every Sith Apprentice needs to kill there master. It's a sad fact of life.......

Sign a petition to stop this horrible monstrosity.

Darth Erebos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Darth Erebos

Apparition says:

"Darth Erebos says:
"Gottheit says:
than why did he loose against his apprentice? "

who vader? the vader who happened to be a cyborg at that point and maybe was more resistant to force lightning than a normal human? is that the apprentice youre talking about?"

Yes, and the Zabrak that is the same should be able to defeat the master too

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Apparition

darth maul isnt even close to vader. vader would have killed maul. of all the sith in the movies 1-3 maul was the weakest one.

Darth Erebos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Darth Erebos

Apparition says:

"darth maul isnt even close to vader. vader would have killed maul. of all the sith in the movies 1-3 maul was the weakest one."

thats why qui gon had to die right?

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Apparition

qui gon wasnt that tough. obi won and annakin were much better fighters in the second one than qui gon was. and though both lost to whats his name and were almost killed by him. then he fought yoda to a standstill. how long do you think maul would have lasted against yoda?

Darth Erebos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Darth Erebos

To be honest, i don't know i but i know for sure he wouldn't have gone without a fight ;D

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Apparition

lol sure he'd a fought for a few minutes before he got cut in half :)

but really they did it on purpose. they made each fighter tougher in each movie. maul was great in the first movie but then count dooku was better than him in the second movie and then we got to see sidious fight in the third movie. if dooku or maul had fought against sidious, sidious would have killed them.

Darth Erebos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Darth Erebos

I don't dooku would of stood a chance against Maul... seriously that would've been to much for him.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Apparition

you'd think that cause maul was all active and what not but dooku's style is minimal movement so he doesn't have to move around much. you saw how long it took maul to turn the fight in his favor against qui gon and obi won? well obi won was much better when he fought dooku and annakin was already better than qui gon had been but dooku took them both very easily. and then he used the force more to move things around to help him. we never saw maul do much of that because he probably isnt as good at it as dooku is.

Darth Erebos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Darth Erebos

Apparition says:

"you'd think that cause maul was all active and what not but dooku's style is minimal movement so he doesn't have to move around much. you saw how long it took maul to turn the fight in his favor against qui gon and obi won? well obi won was much better when he fought dooku and annakin was already better than qui gon had been but dooku took them both very easily. and then he used the force more to move things around to help him. we never saw maul do much of that because he probably isnt as good at it as dooku is."

yeah maul fought against 2 not one

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Apparition

Darth Erebos says:

"Apparition says:
"you'd think that cause maul was all active and what not but dooku's style is minimal movement so he doesn't have to move around much. you saw how long it took maul to turn the fight in his favor against qui gon and obi won? well obi won was much better when he fought dooku and annakin was already better than qui gon had been but dooku took them both very easily. and then he used the force more to move things around to help him. we never saw maul do much of that because he probably isnt as good at it as dooku is."
yeah maul fought against 2 not one "

read what i said again. i said he fought against two. then i said dooku fought against two... and that's what happened right? why yes it is.

DragonGateAcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DragonGateAcer

The only reason Maul beat Qui Gon was there combat styles Quis fighting style revolves around him needing space hes much better in fighting with alot of movment were as Maul was much better than him in close spaces also Qui had his apprentice to worry about.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By shanana

In the book maul bascially beat vader the whole fight ......he still lost but he did beat vader's ass

i dont know aout him beating sidious

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Apparition

Darth Erebos says:

"Apparition says:
"Darth Erebos says:
"Apparition says:
read what i said again. i said he fought against two. then i said dooku fought against two... and that's what happened right? why yes it is."
he never used it because its not his style"

lol then he wouldnt use it in a fight with dooku and would end up losing. i realize you love maul but that doesnt mean he can beat anyone of the other sith. just look at it logically.

DragonGateAcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DragonGateAcer

Ok which sith can Maul beat

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Apparition

elite soldiers? so? and i didnt say he couldnt use the force. i said he couldnt use it to the extent that sidious does

Darth Erebos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Darth Erebos

Apparition says:

"Darth Erebos says:
"Apparition says:

read what i said again. i said he fought against two. then i said dooku fought against two... and that's what happened right? why yes it is."

he never used it because its not his style

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Apparition

Darth Erebos says:

"Apparition says:
"lol then he wouldnt use it in a fight with dooku and would end up losing. i realize you love maul but that doesnt mean he can beat anyone of the other sith. just look at it logically."
i am ;D"

we're not counting fanboy logic :)

Darth Erebos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Darth Erebos

Sha says:

"In the book maul bascially beat vader the whole fight ......he still lost but he did beat vader's assi dont know aout him beating sidious"

yeah i saw that two and about him not being able to use the force...

Maul taking an army of elite soldiers

DragonGateAcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DragonGateAcer

Sidious would beat Maul and so would Dooku why because they were much more in the powerful force and more experienced plus they were both amazing lightsaber combatants
Post Edited:2008-04-12 11:18:30

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Apparition

Darth Erebos says:

"Apparition says:
"elite soldiers? so? and i didnt say he couldnt use the force. i said he couldnt use it to the extent that sidious does"
u said dooku but who cares ;D"

sorry youre right and maul hasnt shown the ability to use the force as much as dooku or sidious. so there!

Darth Erebos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Darth Erebos

Apparition says:

"Darth Erebos says:
"Apparition says:
"Darth Erebos says:
"Apparition says:
he never used it because its not his style"

lol then he wouldnt use it in a fight with dooku and would end up losing. i realize you love maul but that doesnt mean he can beat anyone of the other sith. just look at it logically."

i am ;D

Darth Erebos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Darth Erebos

Apparition says:

"elite soldiers? so? and i didnt say he couldnt use the force. i said he couldnt use it to the extent that sidious does"

u said dooku but who cares ;D

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Apparition

Darth Erebos says:

"Apparition says:
"Darth Erebos says:
"Apparition says:
"lol then he wouldnt use it in a fight with dooku and would end up losing. i realize you love maul but that doesnt mean he can beat anyone of the other sith. just look at it logically."
i am ;D"
we're not counting fanboy logic :)"
i know but seriously same scenery as in the episode 1 but Maul vs. Dooku how would that look like? and it starts in a sword battle."

well maul would be jumping around a lot and spinning his sabres around and looking all pretty will dooku would just stand there and block every attack maul made until maul left an opening and then dooku would slice him to ribbons.

soul taker says:

"Sidious would beat Maul and so would Dooku why because they were much more in the powerful force and more experienced plus they were both amazing lightsaber combatants
Post Edited:2008-04-12 11:18:30"

i agree completely

Darth Erebos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Darth Erebos

Apparition says:

"Darth Erebos says:
"Apparition says:
i am ;D"

we're not counting fanboy logic :)"

i know but seriously same scenery as in the episode 1 but Maul vs. Dooku how would that look like?

and it starts in a sword battle.

DragonGateAcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DragonGateAcer

Mauls style revolves around close up lightsaber combat and martial arts not in using the force and Maul was still prety much a padawan were as Sidious and Dooku are masters two masters that fought with Yoda Dooku who fought on Par with Anakin and Obi Sidious who had Yoda on the run the same guy who was probally the most powerful sith ever and one of the most powerful in the force.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By King_Saturn

Darth Sidious would beat Darth Maul. Sidious has far more power with the force than Darth Maul does.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Logic Mark III

Most masters keep something from their students in case they ever have to fight that student, and seeing as how the whole Sith ethos is to kill your way into a promotion i dont think Sidious would have taught Maul everything. Sidious is definetly better with the force from all i have seen compared to Maul and Sidious even seems to be a greater duelist.

Darth Erebos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Darth Erebos

Gambler says:

"Logic Mark III says:
"Most masters keep something from their students in case they ever have to fight that student, and seeing as how the whole Sith ethos is to kill your way into a promotion i dont think Sidious would have taught Maul everything. Sidious is definetly better with the force from all i have seen compared to Maul and Sidious even seems to be a greater duelist."

Agreed son. Sidious only taught Maul enough to be a menace (haha get it? Phantom Menace :S) anyway, Maul was a pawn, a piece to a larger picture. He was a cool character (and actually comes back in the comics) but he has very limited Force Skillz. Obi Wan defeated him as a Padawan yet as a master Yoda told him he wasn't strong enough to face Sidious. The Emperor is on another level."

they evolved, Darth maul was a padawan at that stage too

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Logic Mark III says:

"Most masters keep something from their students in case they ever have to fight that student, and seeing as how the whole Sith ethos is to kill your way into a promotion i dont think Sidious would have taught Maul everything. Sidious is definetly better with the force from all i have seen compared to Maul and Sidious even seems to be a greater duelist."

Agreed son. Sidious only taught Maul enough to be a menace (haha get it? Phantom Menace :S) anyway, Maul was a pawn, a piece to a larger picture. He was a cool character (and actually comes back in the comics) but he has very limited Force Skillz. Obi Wan defeated him as a Padawan yet as a master Yoda told him he wasn't strong enough to face Sidious. The Emperor is on another level.

Darth Erebos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Darth Erebos

Gambler says:

"Darth Erebos says:
"Gambler says:
"Logic Mark III says:

Agreed son. Sidious only taught Maul enough to be a menace (haha get it? Phantom Menace :S) anyway, Maul was a pawn, a piece to a larger picture. He was a cool character (and actually comes back in the comics) but he has very limited Force Skillz. Obi Wan defeated him as a Padawan yet as a master Yoda told him he wasn't strong enough to face Sidious. The Emperor is on another level."

they evolved, Darth maul was a padawan at that stage too"

And? What does that have to do with my post?"

Maul came back in the comics, wasn't a master and fought kenobi again, and the only reason he lost is because a second guy came and bust a cap in his head!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Darth Erebos says:

"Gambler says:
"Logic Mark III says:

they evolved, Darth maul was a padawan at that stage too"

And? What does that have to do with my post?

Darth Erebos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Darth Erebos

Logic Mark III says:

"So are you saying this is a Darth Maul who has evolved and become a master himself?...I dont quite think this fight would work as we would have nothing to gauge Mauls levels of power if this is what you are suggesting [?] But as he was Maul really cant win this."

thats why i cant really decide who wins or not because his level of power really increased in the comics

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The_Ghostshell

No I wasn't saying Maul was a master. I was saying Obi Wan beat him (when Obi was a Padawan) and when Obi was a Master, Yoda told him he wasn't strong enough to defeat Sidious. So not counting the ridiculous comics where they brought him back with metal legs and all that, he wasn't on the Emperor's level cause he lost to a guy who wasn't badass enough to take down Sidious. See what I'm trying to say? He couldn't beat Obi Wan back then so how would he beat the Emperor?

Darth Erebos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Darth Erebos

Logic Mark III says:

"Actually Kenobi had him, Kenobi just hesitated for some reason."

riiiiiiggghhhht

Darth Erebos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Darth Erebos

Gambler says:

"No I wasn't saying Maul was a master. I was saying Obi Wan beat him (when Obi was a Padawan) and when Obi was a Master, Yoda told him he wasn't strong enough to defeat Sidious. So not counting the ridiculous comics where they brought him back with metal legs and all that, he wasn't on the Emperor's level cause he lost to a guy who wasn't badass enough to take down Sidious. See what I'm trying to say? He couldn't beat Obi Wan back then so how would he beat the Emperor? "

i am counting this guy in

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Logic Mark III

So are you saying this is a Darth Maul who has evolved and become a master himself?...I dont quite think this fight would work as we would have nothing to gauge Mauls levels of power if this is what you are suggesting [?] But as he was Maul really cant win this.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Logic Mark III

Actually Kenobi had him, Kenobi just hesitated for some reason.

Darth Erebos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Darth Erebos
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By The_Ghostshell
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Lmao, figures.

Darth Erebos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Darth Erebos

Gambler says:

"Darth Erebos says:
"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darth_Mauland the other two :P"

lol" />http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Maul"lol okay i see, non canon but the doppelganger was canon :P and he held his own against vader pretty easily!
Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Logic Mark III

None of his versions are sufficient. I sincerely doubt Obi-wan at any stage of his life was powerful enough to defeat Sidious, but everytime Maul has faced Obi-Wan he has been defeated. So with that in mind what makes you think he could take Sidious? Luke probably one of the most powerful Jedi ever with the benefit of many past masters wisdom doesnt even find it a walk in the park when fighting Sidious.

Darth Erebos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Darth Erebos

Logic Mark III says:

"None of his versions are sufficient. I sincerely doubt Obi-wan at any stage of his life was powerful enough to defeat Sidious, but everytime Maul has faced Obi-Wan he has been defeated. So with that in mind what makes you think he could take Sidious? Luke probably one of the most powerful Jedi ever with the benefit of many past masters wisdom doesnt even find it a walk in the park when fighting Sidious."

Okay i get your point, Sidous ftw... no wait... and why did Samuel L Jackson almost beat him?

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Logic Mark III

Because he was MACE WINDU, someone who would be in that little club of 'ONE OF THE MOST POWERFUL JEDI EVER' Asajj Ventress, General Greivous [barring force powers, but he had taken out many, MANY Jedi] and Dooku are all superior to Maul, and Mace could humble the first two pretty roundly and eventualy best Dooku much like Yoda.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Logic Mark III

Also it is debatable as to whether Mace Windu actually won [i think he did] or if Sidious had shammed defeat to appear weak and defencless in the face of the 'Blood thirsty Jedi' in an attempt to sway Anakin