Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

I've been reading about honor guards and apparently even the Dark Council feared their martial prowess, so; how would one fare against Darth Maul himself?

Rounds:

R1: Standard conditions. Takes place on Korriban

R2: Maul has no force.

R3: Maul vs 2 honor guards instead of one. (He has access to the force.)

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

Maul wrecks tbh and the DC fears the Guard as a whole, not just a single Guardsmen. Maul wrecks all rounds. Vitiate's honor Guard isn't all that great tbh by others, they have one showing against Scourge and Suirk, got beat and then the other showings just have them running aimlessly into blaster fire with zero tactical strategy or regard for safety.

Maul is far superior to both Scourge and Suirk in terms of martial ability. This literally is no fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Maul is far superior to both Scourge and Suirk in terms of martial ability.

That's really not true, at all. Having said that, Maul is definitely out of the paygrade of a single Imperial Guard, or two.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@i_like_swords: Not together, but separate? I don't really recall much of anything as far as martial art ability goes for Scourge and Suirk has at least ability fighting Mandos in the battle circle on Duxon is all I can remember.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Scourge made a several-century long career out of killing hundreds of Jedi and Sith; most notably, he without fault killed the most powerful Jedi or Sith who ever posed any kind of threat or problem to Vitiate. He comfortably outfought the captain of the Imperial Guards and another IG simultaneously, to the point they were described as "no match" for him. And then later on, Scourge fought Act 2 Hero of Tython to a standstill, who by that point alone was already recognized as being the strongest Jedi of that time, and one of the strongest in generations, and has a plethora of impressive dueling feats. As for Meetra; we're talking about the woman who fought through dozens of Sith guards and dark Jedi on one of the most potent dark side nexuses in the galaxy - Malachor V - and after killing all of them, and defeating Darth Sion, went on to kill Darth Traya even while being at the core of that nexus.

So yeah, I'd say they're at least good enough to challenge Maul.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@i_like_swords: I'll give you that, as I haven't played the JK story in awhile nor Kotor 2. Though I was kinda thinking more strict H2H rather than saber/blade work.

Still though I've never been overly impressed with Vitiate's Guard not saying they aren't good though, so moot point kind of moot anyway since Maul takes it regardless.

magnus18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul for rounds one and three. His dueling style and skill should make him well suited for this fight. Round 2 depends on whether he still has a connection to the force or not. If he doesn't that would be like asking him to fight without his legs. heheehe. I am going to assume no force means force push ,choke etc and also give him round 2.

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnus18 said:

Maul for rounds one and three. His dueling style and skill should make him well suited for this fight. Round 2 depends on whether he still has a connection to the force or not. If he doesn't that would be like asking him to fight without his legs. heheehe. I am going to assume no force means force push ,choke etc and also give him round 2.

I'm hesitant to say only no telekinesis, because I know that Maul's force enhanced speed could be a serious problem; is he truly so helpless without enhancing himself with the force?

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Scourge made a several-century long career out of killing hundreds of Jedi and Sith; most notably, he without fault killed the most powerful Jedi or Sith who ever posed any kind of threat or problem to Vitiate. He comfortably outfought the captain of the Imperial Guards and another IG simultaneously, to the point they were described as "no match" for him. And then later on, Scourge fought Act 2 Hero of Tython to a standstill, who by that point alone was already recognized as being the strongest Jedi of that time, and one of the strongest in generations, and has a plethora of impressive dueling feats. As for Meetra; we're talking about the woman who fought through dozens of Sith guards and dark Jedi on one of the most potent dark side nexuses in the galaxy - Malachor V - and after killing all of them, and defeating Darth Sion, went on to kill Darth Traya even while being at the core of that nexus.

So yeah, I'd say they're at least good enough to challenge Maul.

Killing featless Jedi doesn't mean much.

Moreover, being the strongest Jedi at the time doesn't mean much either. Before the Hero of Tython, Satele was regarded as the strongest Jedi and she couldn't even defeat Malgus, no matter how hard she tried; unless you want to argue that Scourge is superior to Malgus too?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@solarpowered: Well I think he'd do better than most though may wanna ask @i_like_swords on that. But even without The Force entirely, you still have a physically peak being with a high degree of martial arts and it's not like the Guardsmen are superhuman themselves, they too are just peak human.

That and also Zabraks naturally have a high pain resistance and with Maul having shown a high degree of pain resistance, not sure the Guardsmen's Electrostaff would do any permanent damage. Maul may have to discard his saber without having The Force, but I'd say his fallback on his martial arts mastery would be enough.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Eisenfauste

Horn head wins.

SensuaLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horn head wins.

Don't they both have horns on their heads? Or are those stubs on the Honor guard?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarpowered:

I'm hesitant to say only no telekinesis, because I know that Maul's force enhanced speed could be a serious problem; is he truly so helpless without enhancing himself with the force?

Helpless, no; but severing Maul from the Force entirely means we need to speculate as to what level he'd be at. He's never been without Force enhancement in his life, and it's considered a fair disadvantage for Force users to be without even some of their usual advantages (e.g, when Maul fought a Yuuzhan Vong for the first time and couldn't predict his moves through the Force, he got tagged twice to start with because he takes precognition for granted usually).

Having said that... Maul is in peak physical condition. If he wasn't a Force user he'd still easily be one of the most insane non-Force users.

Killing featless Jedi doesn't mean much.

It's a good thing the feats I described aren't as simple or limited as then, then.

Moreover, being the strongest Jedi at the time doesn't mean much either.

Of course it does. There's a plethora of strong Jedi during that time to branch off of, and even setting them aside, it's implicit that the entire Order isn't full of incapable combatants, so the accolade is inherently very valuable.

Before the Hero of Tython, Satele was regarded as the strongest Jedi and she couldn't even defeat Malgus, no matter how hard she tried; unless you want to argue that Scourge is superior to Malgus too?

For one - no, she wasn't. She was just one of the strongest. Secondly - then surely that's just a good feat for Malgus? Third, Scourge vs Malgus is actually fairly debatable. Most say Malgus, but it's not as if there's some kind of statement out there stating Malgus is Scourge's superior by necessity. Like I said before, claiming Scourge is no match for Maul is a stretch to say the least.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magnus18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarpowered: He is not helpless without the force. Swords answered your question better than I could have. If you decide you want him to be fully severed from the force in round 2 then you may want to give him a day or two to adjust. I just can't see a force sensitive who has just lost his connection to the force getting back up and wining this fight.