#1 Edited by GhostRider29 (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither Darth Maul or Count Dooku are allowed to use the force. This is strictly a lightsaber fight. Battle takes place in the Naboo Plains. Who would win? Who would die first?  

vs. 

vs. 

#2 Posted by Gnarly_Artist (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Dooku

#3 Posted by cattlebattle (12298 posts) - - Show Bio

Going by movies....Dooku

The guy went toe to toe with Yoda...nuff said

#4 Posted by Erik (29871 posts) - - Show Bio

Likely Dooku. 

#5 Edited by SpidermanWins (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this movie/ Clone Wars or original animated series/ expanded universe grevious? If its the second one then he may slay Maul and make the battle with Dooku close. Not that it would matter. Dooku still wins...
#6 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:

Going by movies....Dooku  The guy went toe to toe with Yoda...nuff said

#7 Posted by cascadeking09 (6731 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
He really didn't do much to Yoda though. Maul actually killed Qui-gon and was killed by pis. I'm actually not sure who wins, but Grevious stands no chance because he has no skills and got all 4 of his arms cut off in like 3 seconds by Obi-wan.
#8 Posted by Nefarious (17625 posts) - - Show Bio

Count Dooku has far more experience than both of his opponents.

#9 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm curious - Who are the three most powerful jedi's in the Star Wars universe?

#10 Posted by cattlebattle (12298 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09 said:
@cattlebattle said:
He really didn't do much to Yoda though. Maul actually killed Qui-gon and was killed by pis. I'm actually not sure who wins, but Grevious stands no chance because he has no skills and got all 4 of his arms cut off in like 3 seconds by Obi-wan.
He was able to fight Yoda evenly with a lightsaber...being Yodas technique was "crazy chimp style" that was pretty freakin impressive, Maul had to divide the Jedi and his apprentice up for the whole fight and then he his overconfidence led to his demise,,,,,didn't Qui Gonn want to die, because he knew he couldn't train Anakin or some Force pre cog nonsense....I don't know

waits for JediXman
#11 Posted by GTG12 (1572 posts) - - Show Bio

Dooku takes it.
#12 Posted by cattlebattle (12298 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enzeru said:
Luke Skywalker, Yoda and Anakin...befor he became ....you know

Don't quote me on this either, lol
#13 Posted by departed402 (549 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
@Enzeru said:
Luke Skywalker, Yoda and Anakin...befor he became ....you know  Don't quote me on this either, lol

Yeah, Luke by far, then some other new age novel characters, then Yoda, I think, then some Old Republic Era Jedi, and Windu is somewhere in there too. 

On topic, Dooku wrecks them. 
#14 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio
@departed402 said:
Luke by far
Why? He didn't have that much power in the movies and that's all I know about him.
Was he stronger in comics or something?
#15 Posted by departed402 (549 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enzeru
Oh yeah, after ROTJ the comic/novel writers turned him into a Super Jedi. He can do things that Yoda never dreamed of.
#16 Posted by demifiend (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

Dooku easily

#17 Posted by supermandefender (2022 posts) - - Show Bio
@demifiend said:
Dooku easily
:)
#18 Posted by sa5m (2112 posts) - - Show Bio
@supermandefender said:
@demifiend said:
Dooku easily
:)
=)
#19 Edited by cascadeking09 (6731 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@cattlebattle said:
He was able to fight Yoda evenly with a lightsaber...being Yodas technique was "crazy chimp style" that was pretty freakin impressive, Maul had to divide the Jedi and his apprentice up for the whole fight and then he his overconfidence led to his demise,,,,,didn't Qui Gonn want to die, because he knew he couldn't train Anakin or some Force pre cog nonsense....I don't know  waits for JediXman
That fight lasted about 10 seconds and it didn't look like anything but Dooku blocking yoda's attacks for a while then causing a distraction so he could get away. Maul was taking them both on at the same time he didn't split them up until the end. It was pis. No Qui-gon didn't let himself be killed and I don't know why not being able to train him would be a reason to let himself die. I only watch the movies and I'm sure that nothing like that was stated in the movie.
#20 Posted by GhostRider29 (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone read anything about Darth Maul? He's a lot more powerful than he is showed in the movie.
#21 Posted by MagnusTheMagnificent (241 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't it the Force that allows the Jedi and Sith to do all the crazy stuff they do?
And I don't mean things like Force-push and TK lifts, but flips and high jumps and so forth. I think it also enhances their speed, and that would be a key factor here.
Disable the Force and Dooku is an old man, with skills but probably to slow to utilize them to his fullest due to age.
Maul is younger and stronger, and don't forget that double-bladed sabre of his.

Not that it would matter, as Grievous would slaughter them both. He could hang briefly with a Force-using Obi-Wan, so Grievous would be too fast for them, not to mention that he can use his four sabres separately.

#22 Posted by GreenLantern555 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09 said:
@cattlebattle said:
Just a Flash Fact: Maul actually wasn't killed. In the book, he was still very much alive. Uncle Owen actually shoots him when he came back and tried to kill Luke when he was a child. 
#23 Posted by k4tzm4n (35219 posts) - - Show Bio

Despite loathing Dooku and loving Grievous/Maul, Dooku is indeed their superior in terms of skill. 
Staff
#24 Posted by cascadeking09 (6731 posts) - - Show Bio
@GreenLantern555 said:
@cascadeking09 said:
@cattlebattle said:
Just a Flash Fact: Maul actually wasn't killed. In the book, he was still very much alive. Uncle Owen actually shoots him when he came back and tried to kill Luke when he was a child. 
I remember hearing something like that, thanks.
#25 Posted by Diljin (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Mauled was 2 on 1'd 
Not a very 'fair' fight, Jedis.

#26 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio

dookie doo doo dookie doo dooku
#27 Edited by ShootingNova (13319 posts) - - Show Bio

Dooku wins.

@rod1949us said:

Yup. And even in the movie Darth Maul single handedly beat two Jedi's. He technically beat Obi-Wan too, but got over confident and Obi came with that surprised attack. He dominated the fight...so to people saying Dooku may need to think twice. AND....lets not forget folks that Maul went toe to toe with Vader via...comics. Only way Vader won was to stab himself with the lightsaber (since he's mostly machine) and penetrated Maul to get the victory. Not saying Dooku can't win or won't win, but it darn sure wouldn't be an easy task.

He was amped against Vader and that was a doppleganger. He challenged Vader to not use offensive TK, and Vader wasn't in his prime. Vader prime>>>>>>Maul prime.

He single-handedly defeated Qui-Gon (who was hampered by the area as well as lack of strength and speed/ferocity/skill as he was 60 years old, although Maul still noted his strength and ferocity, but in his prime he was much better), and an Obi-Wan that almost applied Sun Djem successfully, in fact he did so half successfully.

#28 Posted by rod1949us (79 posts) - - Show Bio

People on here sleeping on Darth Maul. People must have forgotten in the movie Darth Maul single handedly took on two Jedi's. He technically beat Obi-Wan, but got over confident and Obi came with that surprised attack. He dominated the fight...so to people saying Dooku may need to think twice. And as far as going "toe to toe with Yoda"...He couldn't do squat against Yoda. He was playing Defense the whole fight. Lets not forget Maul killed Dooku's Apprentice with ease. AND....lets not forget folks that Maul went toe to toe with Vader via...comics. Only way Vader won was to penetrate himself with the lightsaber (since he's mostly machine) and thus penetrating Maul to get the victory. Not saying Dooku can't win or won't win, but it darn sure wouldn't be an easy task beating Maul. Folks I see are sleeping on Darth Maul. As for that "OTHER" guy...nobody trippin' on him.

#29 Posted by ShootingNova (13319 posts) - - Show Bio

@rod1949us said:

People on here sleeping on Darth Maul. People must have forgotten in the movie Darth Maul single handedly took on two Jedi's. He technically beat Obi-Wan, but got over confident and Obi came with that surprised attack. He dominated the fight...so to people saying Dooku may need to think twice. And as far as going "toe to toe with Yoda"...He couldn't do squat against Yoda. He was playing Defense the whole fight. Lets not forget Maul killed Dooku's Apprentice with ease. AND....lets not forget folks that Maul went toe to toe with Vader via...comics. Only way Vader won was to penetrate himself with the lightsaber (since he's mostly machine) and thus penetrating Maul to get the victory. Not saying Dooku can't win or won't win, but it darn sure wouldn't be an easy task beating Maul. Folks I see are sleeping on Darth Maul. As for that "OTHER" guy...nobody trippin' on him.

And so?

Darth Maul had his saber half Sun Djemed by Obi-Wan, who was a padawan in the fight. Qui-Gon was hampered by the area and was beyond his prime.

Vader still won, and he was challenged not to use offensive TK. Dooku will here. Vader wasn't in his prime, Vader prime>Maul prime, and that was a doppleganger of Maul.

Dooku wins.

#30 Posted by ShootingNova (13319 posts) - - Show Bio

@GhostRider29 said:

Has anyone read anything about Darth Maul? He's a lot more powerful than he is showed in the movie.

Yes, I have. What has he done that allows him to be above Dooku?

@GhostRider29 said:

Neither Darth Maul or Count Dooku are allowed to use the force. This is strictly a lightsaber fight. Battle takes place in the Naboo Plains. Who would win? Who would die first?

vs.

vs.

If they can't, they can't wield a saber. You mean without TK, and Force powers like Lightning and Choke but allowed for reflexes, strength and saber-wielding?

@Enzeru said:

1. Luke Skywalker

2. Darth Sidious

3. Yoda

@cattlebattle said:

@Enzeru said:
Luke Skywalker, Yoda and Anakin...befor he became ....you know Don't quote me on this either, lol

Umm...... no.

You are correct on one, Yoda is third, Anakin not close. Sidious is faster than Anakin's eye.

@departed402 said:

@cattlebattle said:
@Enzeru said:
Luke Skywalker, Yoda and Anakin...befor he became ....you know Don't quote me on this either, lol
Yeah, Luke by far, then some other new age novel characters, then Yoda, I think, then some Old Republic Era Jedi, and Windu is somewhere in there too. On topic, Dooku wrecks them.

Incorrect as well. Luke, then Sidious, then Yoda. The only Old Republic Era Jedi that comes close to them would be Satele Shan.

#31 Posted by Blacklightning13 (916 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Maul or Dooku. Probably Dooku. Althouigh Grievous knows all 7 forms of lightsaber combat (obi won knows 2). Grievous has amazing showings of fighting and defeating 6 jedi (—Tarr Seirr, padawan Sha'a Gi, Aayla Secura, K'Kruhk, and Jedi High Council members Ki-Adi-Mundi and Shaak Ti) at once. He killed Sha'a Gi almost instantly when he tried to make a run at Grievous alone. Then when he fought the remaining jedi at once he cut down K'Kruhk. He then picked up Seirr and and Secura at once and threw them against a wall, there by taking them out of the fight, Then when he fought Ti and Mundi at once he beat Ti and tempoararily defeated Mundi. Just as Grievous was about to kill Mundi and ARC trooper squad arrived in LAAT gunship.

Grievous is no push over. Him being defeated by Obi wan was kind of stupid. He also has many other showings of killing groups of jedi. This is just my favorite.

#32 Posted by ShootingNova (13319 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blacklightning13 said:

Darth Maul or Dooku. Probably Dooku. Althouigh Grievous knows all 7 forms of lightsaber combat (obi won knows 2). Grievous has amazing showings of fighting and defeating 6 jedi (—Tarr Seirr, padawan Sha'a Gi, Aayla Secura, K'Kruhk, and Jedi High Council members Ki-Adi-Mundi and Shaak Ti) at once. He killed Sha'a Gi almost instantly when he tried to make a run at Grievous alone. Then when he fought the remaining jedi at once he cut down K'Kruhk. He then picked up Seirr and and Secura at once and threw them against a wall, there by taking them out of the fight, Then when he fought Ti and Mundi at once he beat Ti and tempoararily defeated Mundi. Just as Grievous was about to kill Mundi and ARC trooper squad arrived in LAAT gunship.

Grievous is no push over. Him being defeated by Obi wan was kind of stupid. He also has many other showings of killing groups of jedi. This is just my favorite.

Umm.... what?

Firstly, what makes you think Maul could win?

Secondly, Obi-Wan knows all the forms, and has used all but two, he just prefers Soresu and used Ataru as padawan, but is also a master of Shii-Cho and Niman and shows basic skill in Shien. Grievous also struck down Adi Gallia and Obi-Wan defeating him is in no way stupid.

#33 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

Count Dooku>Darth Maul>Grevious

#34 Posted by Nefarious (17625 posts) - - Show Bio

Count Dooku solos.

#35 Posted by GhostRider29 (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

1. Luke Skywalker

2. Darth Sidious

3. Yoda

@cattlebattle said:

@Enzeru said:

Incorrect as well. Luke, then Sidious, then Yoda. The only Old Republic Era Jedi that comes close to them would be Satele Shan.

I'm pretty sure he only asked about Jedi's, not sith.

#36 Posted by GhostRider29 (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait a minute, I made this post?? Lol

#37 Posted by G1d3on (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Of the three, Maul and Grievous are actually the only ones who are given explicit mastery of multiple lightsaber forms. As a practitioner of Juyo, Maul is required to be “a high end master of multiple forms” (per Fight Saber) and the sophisticated analytic computers slaved to the general’s brain enables him to analyze and replicate lightsaber sequences from all forms of combat. Windu speculates in Revenge of the Sith that, given the number and variety of enemies Grievous has faced, that he would likely be able to utilize any of the seven forms. In contrast, Dooku has never been said to be a master of multiple lightsaber forms—he certainly possesses working knowledge of most of them and claims the ability to demonstrate attacks from the entirety of the Jedi Council during his sparring sessions with Grievous in Labyrinth of Evil. Between this and his role as the Temple’s most prominent lightsaber instructor prior to his resignation, it’s probable that Dooku is at least proficient in most of the other forms. But in terms of strict canon accreditation, Maul and Grievous probably have a broader mastery of lightsaber combat.

Now that doesn’t mean that either of them would be able to defeat the Count in a duel, given his exponentially superior experience and unquestionably greater refinement. I’m inclined to think that, without the ability to wield the Force against his enemies, Dooku’s victory would be extremely hard fought—if at all.

#38 Posted by starscream1479 (133 posts) - - Show Bio

i give maul the edge ,...then dooku

#39 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2005 posts) - - Show Bio

Dooku. I would love to see Yoda in his prime.

#40 Posted by Blacklightning13 (916 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@Blacklightning13 said:

Umm.... what?

Secondly, Obi-Wan knows all the forms, and has used all but two, he just prefers Soresu and used Ataru as padawan, but is also a master of Shii-Cho and Niman and shows basic skill in Shien. Grievous also struck down Adi Gallia and Obi-Wan defeating him is in no way stupid.

I said Dooku would win.

You're correct. What I meant was it was kind of stupid for grievous to be defeated so easily. He should have lasted longer.

#41 Posted by ShootingNova (13319 posts) - - Show Bio

@GhostRider29 said:

@ShootingNova said:

1. Luke Skywalker

2. Darth Sidious

3. Yoda

@cattlebattle said:

@Enzeru said:

I'm pretty sure he only asked about Jedi's, not sith.

Well then Luke, Yoda, then Satele Shan IMHO.

@G1d3on said:

Of the three, Maul and Grievous are actually the only ones who are given explicit mastery of multiple lightsaber forms. As a practitioner of Juyo, Maul is required to be “a high end master of multiple forms” (per Fight Saber) and the sophisticated analytic computers slaved to the general’s brain enables him to analyze and replicate lightsaber sequences from all forms of combat. Windu speculates in Revenge of the Sith that, given the number and variety of enemies Grievous has faced, that he would likely be able to utilize any of the seven forms. In contrast, Dooku has never been said to be a master of multiple lightsaber forms—he certainly possesses working knowledge of most of them and claims the ability to demonstrate attacks from the entirety of the Jedi Council during his sparring sessions with Grievous in Labyrinth of Evil. Between this and his role as the Temple’s most prominent lightsaber instructor prior to his resignation, it’s probable that Dooku is at least proficient in most of the other forms. But in terms of strict canon accreditation, Maul and Grievous probably have a broader mastery of lightsaber combat.

Now that doesn’t mean that either of them would be able to defeat the Count in a duel, given his exponentially superior experience and unquestionably greater refinement. I’m inclined to think that, without the ability to wield the Force against his enemies, Dooku’s victory would be extremely hard fought—if at all.

Dooku was the one who trained Grievous in the multiple forms and Lus-ma. Maul is ferocious but he uses only two forms, Niman and Juyo (commonly the latter) but knows multiple forms, yes. I would say Dooku is proficient in multiple forms, granted that he trained Grievous in said forms. I must say, Dooku has a far greater mastery of Makashi than Grievous, has the years on both, and I say, Dooku would win and has slightly more skill and practice in saber combat.

@starscream1479 said:

i give maul the edge ,...then dooku

And why would that be?

@Blacklightning13 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Blacklightning13 said:

Umm.... what?

I said Dooku would win.

You're correct. What I meant was it was kind of stupid for grievous to be defeated so easily. He should have lasted longer.

Well, you seemed to leave Maul out as an open possibility. Dooku>Maul. In any sense, it wasn't so stupid because Obi-Wan had:

1. The Force

2. Amongst the greatest mastery of Soresu that would allow him to deflect Grievous' blows.

3. A lot of experience.

4. Was a master of Shii-Cho (which is effective against Grievous' multiple-wielding sabers) and Niman (which is balanced) as well as being skilled in Ataru and having at least a minor proficiency in Shien.

5. Had faced Grievous before and so would be familiar with his style and what to do.