• 74 results
GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GhostRider29

Neither Darth Maul or Count Dooku are allowed to use the force. This is strictly a lightsaber fight. Battle takes place in the Naboo Plains. Who would win? Who would die first?  

vs. 

vs. 

Gnarly_Artist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Gnarly_Artist

Dooku

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cattlebattle  Online

Going by movies....Dooku

The guy went toe to toe with Yoda...nuff said

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Erik

Likely Dooku. 

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By SpidermanWins

Is this movie/ Clone Wars or original animated series/ expanded universe grevious? If its the second one then he may slay Maul and make the battle with Dooku close. Not that it would matter. Dooku still wins...
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@cattlebattle said:

Going by movies....Dooku  The guy went toe to toe with Yoda...nuff said

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By cascadeking09
@cattlebattle said:
He really didn't do much to Yoda though. Maul actually killed Qui-gon and was killed by pis. I'm actually not sure who wins, but Grevious stands no chance because he has no skills and got all 4 of his arms cut off in like 3 seconds by Obi-wan.
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nefarious

Count Dooku has far more experience than both of his opponents.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cattlebattle  Online
@cascadeking09 said:
@cattlebattle said:
He really didn't do much to Yoda though. Maul actually killed Qui-gon and was killed by pis. I'm actually not sure who wins, but Grevious stands no chance because he has no skills and got all 4 of his arms cut off in like 3 seconds by Obi-wan.
He was able to fight Yoda evenly with a lightsaber...being Yodas technique was "crazy chimp style" that was pretty freakin impressive, Maul had to divide the Jedi and his apprentice up for the whole fight and then he his overconfidence led to his demise,,,,,didn't Qui Gonn want to die, because he knew he couldn't train Anakin or some Force pre cog nonsense....I don't know

waits for JediXman
GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By GTG12

Dooku takes it.
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cattlebattle  Online
@Enzeru said:
I'm curious - Who are the three most powerful jedi's in the Star Wars universe?
Luke Skywalker, Yoda and Anakin...befor he became ....you know

Don't quote me on this either, lol
departed402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By departed402
@cattlebattle said:
@Enzeru said:
Luke Skywalker, Yoda and Anakin...befor he became ....you know  Don't quote me on this either, lol

Yeah, Luke by far, then some other new age novel characters, then Yoda, I think, then some Old Republic Era Jedi, and Windu is somewhere in there too. 

On topic, Dooku wrecks them. 
departed402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By departed402
@Enzeru
Oh yeah, after ROTJ the comic/novel writers turned him into a Super Jedi. He can do things that Yoda never dreamed of.
demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By demifiend

Dooku easily

Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By supermandefender
@demifiend said:
Dooku easily
:)
sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By sa5m
@supermandefender said:
@demifiend said:
Dooku easily
:)
=)
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cascadeking09
@cattlebattle said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@cattlebattle said:
He was able to fight Yoda evenly with a lightsaber...being Yodas technique was "crazy chimp style" that was pretty freakin impressive, Maul had to divide the Jedi and his apprentice up for the whole fight and then he his overconfidence led to his demise,,,,,didn't Qui Gonn want to die, because he knew he couldn't train Anakin or some Force pre cog nonsense....I don't know  waits for JediXman
That fight lasted about 10 seconds and it didn't look like anything but Dooku blocking yoda's attacks for a while then causing a distraction so he could get away. Maul was taking them both on at the same time he didn't split them up until the end. It was pis. No Qui-gon didn't let himself be killed and I don't know why not being able to train him would be a reason to let himself die. I only watch the movies and I'm sure that nothing like that was stated in the movie.
GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GhostRider29

Has anyone read anything about Darth Maul? He's a lot more powerful than he is showed in the movie.
Avatar image for magnusthemagnificent
MagnusTheMagnificent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't it the Force that allows the Jedi and Sith to do all the crazy stuff they do?
And I don't mean things like Force-push and TK lifts, but flips and high jumps and so forth. I think it also enhances their speed, and that would be a key factor here.
Disable the Force and Dooku is an old man, with skills but probably to slow to utilize them to his fullest due to age.
Maul is younger and stronger, and don't forget that double-bladed sabre of his.

Not that it would matter, as Grievous would slaughter them both. He could hang briefly with a Force-using Obi-Wan, so Grievous would be too fast for them, not to mention that he can use his four sabres separately.

Avatar image for greenlantern555
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GreenLantern555
@cascadeking09 said:
@cattlebattle said:
Just a Flash Fact: Maul actually wasn't killed. In the book, he was still very much alive. Uncle Owen actually shoots him when he came back and tried to kill Luke when he was a child. 
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#23  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Despite loathing Dooku and loving Grievous/Maul, Dooku is indeed their superior in terms of skill. 
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cascadeking09
@GreenLantern555 said:
@cascadeking09 said:
@cattlebattle said:
Just a Flash Fact: Maul actually wasn't killed. In the book, he was still very much alive. Uncle Owen actually shoots him when he came back and tried to kill Luke when he was a child. 
I remember hearing something like that, thanks.
Diljin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Diljin

Darth Mauled was 2 on 1'd 
Not a very 'fair' fight, Jedis.

the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By the darknessss

dookie doo doo dookie doo dooku
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By ShootingNova

Dooku wins.

@rod1949us said:

Yup. And even in the movie Darth Maul single handedly beat two Jedi's. He technically beat Obi-Wan too, but got over confident and Obi came with that surprised attack. He dominated the fight...so to people saying Dooku may need to think twice. AND....lets not forget folks that Maul went toe to toe with Vader via...comics. Only way Vader won was to stab himself with the lightsaber (since he's mostly machine) and penetrated Maul to get the victory. Not saying Dooku can't win or won't win, but it darn sure wouldn't be an easy task.

He was amped against Vader and that was a doppleganger. He challenged Vader to not use offensive TK, and Vader wasn't in his prime. Vader prime>>>>>>Maul prime.

He single-handedly defeated Qui-Gon (who was hampered by the area as well as lack of strength and speed/ferocity/skill as he was 60 years old, although Maul still noted his strength and ferocity, but in his prime he was much better), and an Obi-Wan that almost applied Sun Djem successfully, in fact he did so half successfully.

rod1949us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By rod1949us

People on here sleeping on Darth Maul. People must have forgotten in the movie Darth Maul single handedly took on two Jedi's. He technically beat Obi-Wan, but got over confident and Obi came with that surprised attack. He dominated the fight...so to people saying Dooku may need to think twice. And as far as going "toe to toe with Yoda"...He couldn't do squat against Yoda. He was playing Defense the whole fight. Lets not forget Maul killed Dooku's Apprentice with ease. AND....lets not forget folks that Maul went toe to toe with Vader via...comics. Only way Vader won was to penetrate himself with the lightsaber (since he's mostly machine) and thus penetrating Maul to get the victory. Not saying Dooku can't win or won't win, but it darn sure wouldn't be an easy task beating Maul. Folks I see are sleeping on Darth Maul. As for that "OTHER" guy...nobody trippin' on him.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ShootingNova

@rod1949us said:

People on here sleeping on Darth Maul. People must have forgotten in the movie Darth Maul single handedly took on two Jedi's. He technically beat Obi-Wan, but got over confident and Obi came with that surprised attack. He dominated the fight...so to people saying Dooku may need to think twice. And as far as going "toe to toe with Yoda"...He couldn't do squat against Yoda. He was playing Defense the whole fight. Lets not forget Maul killed Dooku's Apprentice with ease. AND....lets not forget folks that Maul went toe to toe with Vader via...comics. Only way Vader won was to penetrate himself with the lightsaber (since he's mostly machine) and thus penetrating Maul to get the victory. Not saying Dooku can't win or won't win, but it darn sure wouldn't be an easy task beating Maul. Folks I see are sleeping on Darth Maul. As for that "OTHER" guy...nobody trippin' on him.

And so?

Darth Maul had his saber half Sun Djemed by Obi-Wan, who was a padawan in the fight. Qui-Gon was hampered by the area and was beyond his prime.

Vader still won, and he was challenged not to use offensive TK. Dooku will here. Vader wasn't in his prime, Vader prime>Maul prime, and that was a doppleganger of Maul.

Dooku wins.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ShootingNova

@GhostRider29 said:

Has anyone read anything about Darth Maul? He's a lot more powerful than he is showed in the movie.

Yes, I have. What has he done that allows him to be above Dooku?

@GhostRider29 said:

Neither Darth Maul or Count Dooku are allowed to use the force. This is strictly a lightsaber fight. Battle takes place in the Naboo Plains. Who would win? Who would die first?

vs.

vs.

If they can't, they can't wield a saber. You mean without TK, and Force powers like Lightning and Choke but allowed for reflexes, strength and saber-wielding?

@Enzeru said:

1. Luke Skywalker

2. Darth Sidious

3. Yoda

@cattlebattle said:

@Enzeru said:
Luke Skywalker, Yoda and Anakin...befor he became ....you know Don't quote me on this either, lol

Umm...... no.

You are correct on one, Yoda is third, Anakin not close. Sidious is faster than Anakin's eye.

@departed402 said:

@cattlebattle said:
@Enzeru said:
Luke Skywalker, Yoda and Anakin...befor he became ....you know Don't quote me on this either, lol
Yeah, Luke by far, then some other new age novel characters, then Yoda, I think, then some Old Republic Era Jedi, and Windu is somewhere in there too. On topic, Dooku wrecks them.

Incorrect as well. Luke, then Sidious, then Yoda. The only Old Republic Era Jedi that comes close to them would be Satele Shan.

Avatar image for blacklightning13
Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Blacklightning13

Darth Maul or Dooku. Probably Dooku. Althouigh Grievous knows all 7 forms of lightsaber combat (obi won knows 2). Grievous has amazing showings of fighting and defeating 6 jedi (—Tarr Seirr, padawan Sha'a Gi, Aayla Secura, K'Kruhk, and Jedi High Council members Ki-Adi-Mundi and Shaak Ti) at once. He killed Sha'a Gi almost instantly when he tried to make a run at Grievous alone. Then when he fought the remaining jedi at once he cut down K'Kruhk. He then picked up Seirr and and Secura at once and threw them against a wall, there by taking them out of the fight, Then when he fought Ti and Mundi at once he beat Ti and tempoararily defeated Mundi. Just as Grievous was about to kill Mundi and ARC trooper squad arrived in LAAT gunship.

Grievous is no push over. Him being defeated by Obi wan was kind of stupid. He also has many other showings of killing groups of jedi. This is just my favorite.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ShootingNova

@Blacklightning13 said:

Darth Maul or Dooku. Probably Dooku. Althouigh Grievous knows all 7 forms of lightsaber combat (obi won knows 2). Grievous has amazing showings of fighting and defeating 6 jedi (—Tarr Seirr, padawan Sha'a Gi, Aayla Secura, K'Kruhk, and Jedi High Council members Ki-Adi-Mundi and Shaak Ti) at once. He killed Sha'a Gi almost instantly when he tried to make a run at Grievous alone. Then when he fought the remaining jedi at once he cut down K'Kruhk. He then picked up Seirr and and Secura at once and threw them against a wall, there by taking them out of the fight, Then when he fought Ti and Mundi at once he beat Ti and tempoararily defeated Mundi. Just as Grievous was about to kill Mundi and ARC trooper squad arrived in LAAT gunship.

Grievous is no push over. Him being defeated by Obi wan was kind of stupid. He also has many other showings of killing groups of jedi. This is just my favorite.

Umm.... what?

Firstly, what makes you think Maul could win?

Secondly, Obi-Wan knows all the forms, and has used all but two, he just prefers Soresu and used Ataru as padawan, but is also a master of Shii-Cho and Niman and shows basic skill in Shien. Grievous also struck down Adi Gallia and Obi-Wan defeating him is in no way stupid.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By kingkronos

Count Dooku>Darth Maul>Grevious

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By nefarious

Count Dooku solos.

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By GhostRider29

@ShootingNova said:

1. Luke Skywalker

2. Darth Sidious

3. Yoda

@cattlebattle said:

@Enzeru said:

Incorrect as well. Luke, then Sidious, then Yoda. The only Old Republic Era Jedi that comes close to them would be Satele Shan.

I'm pretty sure he only asked about Jedi's, not sith.

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By GhostRider29

Wait a minute, I made this post?? Lol

G1d3on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By G1d3on

Of the three, Maul and Grievous are actually the only ones who are given explicit mastery of multiple lightsaber forms. As a practitioner of Juyo, Maul is required to be “a high end master of multiple forms” (per Fight Saber) and the sophisticated analytic computers slaved to the general’s brain enables him to analyze and replicate lightsaber sequences from all forms of combat. Windu speculates in Revenge of the Sith that, given the number and variety of enemies Grievous has faced, that he would likely be able to utilize any of the seven forms. In contrast, Dooku has never been said to be a master of multiple lightsaber forms—he certainly possesses working knowledge of most of them and claims the ability to demonstrate attacks from the entirety of the Jedi Council during his sparring sessions with Grievous in Labyrinth of Evil. Between this and his role as the Temple’s most prominent lightsaber instructor prior to his resignation, it’s probable that Dooku is at least proficient in most of the other forms. But in terms of strict canon accreditation, Maul and Grievous probably have a broader mastery of lightsaber combat.

Now that doesn’t mean that either of them would be able to defeat the Count in a duel, given his exponentially superior experience and unquestionably greater refinement. I’m inclined to think that, without the ability to wield the Force against his enemies, Dooku’s victory would be extremely hard fought—if at all.

starscream1479

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By starscream1479

i give maul the edge ,...then dooku

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By thanobomb1124

Dooku. I would love to see Yoda in his prime.

Avatar image for blacklightning13
Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Blacklightning13

@ShootingNova said:

@Blacklightning13 said:

Umm.... what?

Secondly, Obi-Wan knows all the forms, and has used all but two, he just prefers Soresu and used Ataru as padawan, but is also a master of Shii-Cho and Niman and shows basic skill in Shien. Grievous also struck down Adi Gallia and Obi-Wan defeating him is in no way stupid.

I said Dooku would win.

You're correct. What I meant was it was kind of stupid for grievous to be defeated so easily. He should have lasted longer.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ShootingNova

@GhostRider29 said:

@ShootingNova said:

1. Luke Skywalker

2. Darth Sidious

3. Yoda

@cattlebattle said:

@Enzeru said:

I'm pretty sure he only asked about Jedi's, not sith.

Well then Luke, Yoda, then Satele Shan IMHO.

@G1d3on said:

Of the three, Maul and Grievous are actually the only ones who are given explicit mastery of multiple lightsaber forms. As a practitioner of Juyo, Maul is required to be “a high end master of multiple forms” (per Fight Saber) and the sophisticated analytic computers slaved to the general’s brain enables him to analyze and replicate lightsaber sequences from all forms of combat. Windu speculates in Revenge of the Sith that, given the number and variety of enemies Grievous has faced, that he would likely be able to utilize any of the seven forms. In contrast, Dooku has never been said to be a master of multiple lightsaber forms—he certainly possesses working knowledge of most of them and claims the ability to demonstrate attacks from the entirety of the Jedi Council during his sparring sessions with Grievous in Labyrinth of Evil. Between this and his role as the Temple’s most prominent lightsaber instructor prior to his resignation, it’s probable that Dooku is at least proficient in most of the other forms. But in terms of strict canon accreditation, Maul and Grievous probably have a broader mastery of lightsaber combat.

Now that doesn’t mean that either of them would be able to defeat the Count in a duel, given his exponentially superior experience and unquestionably greater refinement. I’m inclined to think that, without the ability to wield the Force against his enemies, Dooku’s victory would be extremely hard fought—if at all.

Dooku was the one who trained Grievous in the multiple forms and Lus-ma. Maul is ferocious but he uses only two forms, Niman and Juyo (commonly the latter) but knows multiple forms, yes. I would say Dooku is proficient in multiple forms, granted that he trained Grievous in said forms. I must say, Dooku has a far greater mastery of Makashi than Grievous, has the years on both, and I say, Dooku would win and has slightly more skill and practice in saber combat.

@starscream1479 said:

i give maul the edge ,...then dooku

And why would that be?

@Blacklightning13 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Blacklightning13 said:

Umm.... what?

I said Dooku would win.

You're correct. What I meant was it was kind of stupid for grievous to be defeated so easily. He should have lasted longer.

Well, you seemed to leave Maul out as an open possibility. Dooku>Maul. In any sense, it wasn't so stupid because Obi-Wan had:

1. The Force

2. Amongst the greatest mastery of Soresu that would allow him to deflect Grievous' blows.

3. A lot of experience.

4. Was a master of Shii-Cho (which is effective against Grievous' multiple-wielding sabers) and Niman (which is balanced) as well as being skilled in Ataru and having at least a minor proficiency in Shien.

5. Had faced Grievous before and so would be familiar with his style and what to do.

Emperor339

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Emperor339

I'm terribly sorry for bumping an ancient thread, but I just noticed that a thread like this exists on comicvine. I answered this battle on another forumn before I moved here, but there seems to be a lot more Star Wars experts over here. It was very well recieved over on WWW, but I wonder if anyone with significant knowledge of Star Wars will be at all pleased with what I say.

Regardless, I thought, 'why not throw in my two cents and see what happens'.

The Original version was Darth Maul vs Count Dooku vs Grievous and there was no restriction of the force. So in this case, If you want to know about how the dueling will go down (due to the restrictions placed in OP), please just read the physical abilities and dueling sections, rather than force abilities or verdict.

Please, bear in mind though, this answer was made 10 months ago when I first started debating Star Wars (I guess you can say this was my debut into the scene of Star Wars debating) and my opinion and ability to debate has evolved so it is a very archaic and outdated observation.

I will take any criticisms to this in mind, but it's likely I'm already aware of them and that it's filled with quite a lot of mistakes, assumptions and paying too much homage to the opinion of another debater, Silentbat, who's videos I watched frequently at the time.

Without further ado. My stupidly long Reddit post:

------

Before you begin reading this I would like to note something:

I have been trying to edit and add to my comments sporatically. For some reason, when I go back and edit, sometimes what's written in the editing box is an earlier version of my comment and so when I add a little, I end up losing some of my previous edits and corrections, which is very annoying and it's sometimes hard to spot since some of my edits are small.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The thing about Grievous is that he has to rely on his bladework to defeat his force-using enemies, with relatively no force powers in his arsenal.

His skill with the sabers (and attack speed) really shows through when he's able to take on Council level Jedi (Contending with Obi-Wan, Mace Windu and killing Adi Gallia, though that was retconned in the new animated series like many other things) not to mention overloading Obi-Wan's defenses with 20 strikes a second. We're talking about overloading the lightsaber defenses of THE soresu master.

However, Dooku is able to contend with AND defeat Grievous using only his dueling abilities, not to mention having some adept force feats under his belt too. However, I doubt this is going to devolve into a force fight as all 3 combatants are focused on dueling and martial skill (though if any of them was to break out offensive force abilities, it would be Dooku).

However, only using his saber, Dooku would still have some trouble.

Looking at Darth Maul, he has some impressive lightsaber and martial skills, not to mention being a bit of a damage sponge (took force lightning and wasn't too affected by it) and some not unimpressive force abilities.

In a 3 way fight though, this isn't a 1v1 a 1v1 and a 1v1 who wins most kinda thing. Because of their mentallities, even if, say, Dooku could beat both individually, it's possible for him to be taken down 2 on 1 if it came to that at some point.

Regardless. I will estimate their abilities in 3 sections. Physical, Dueling and Force abilities. I will then display my personal verdict.

I will be observing them at their primes. For all 3, this will be at the end of the Clone wars.

Dooku was well out of his physical prime. However, during his physical prime, he was only a Jedi master. I consider his elder self, as seen in the Clone Wars and prequel movies to be his prime as he has become adept in the usage of the Dark side of the force, was constantly battle hardened by the war that was going on around him (so he never went out of practice) and studied directly under Darth Sidious. I consider this iteration of Dooku, Darth Tyranus, to be superior in terms of combative abilities, to his much younger, Jedi Master self.

Grievous was in his prime during the clone wars. His younger unmodified Kaleesh self was much weaker than Grievous as we know him. Grievous during the clone wars had been battle hardened, trained in saber combat under Darth Tyranus himself (he was trained as a Jedi slayer) and had all the capabilities and advantages of his mechanical body.

Darth Maul was in his Physical Prime, although he would have a mechanical replacement for his lower half. I don't think this provides enough of a disadvantage to him compared to him becoming battle hardened and showing more force feats during the times of the Clone Wars, compared to his Phantom Menace iteration.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES:

DOOKU:

An 83 year old human male, far beyond his physical prime. However, despite this, he has become more powerful than he ever was during his time as a Jedi master.

He has kept up with much younger and physically able foes, showing that his age has not degraded his abilities such that he cannot fight as effectively as he used to.

During the start of the clone wars, he was able to keep up with and defeat Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker. He has also been able to keep up with such physically able opponents as Asajj Ventress, Grievous and Sora Bulk. The main factor in his physical capabilities factored into his dueling. He strives to outmaneuver his opponents in battle, and he has done so effectively against all these opponents.

However, he is physically weak, unable to generate the Kinetic strikes of much younger opponents and unable to keep up battles for extensive amounts of time, with his endurance failing him towards the end of duels. He always tries to keep his opponents unbalanced and unable to use their full might. Not only is this because of his Makashi style, which is a form that suffers against kinetic strikes, but if his opponent were allowed to use their full might on him, his defenses would quickly crumble into nothing. He has showcased being able to take on physically stronger opponents, but when he is unable to keep them at bay, he suffers for it, unable to keep up with the powerful strikes. It should be noted that Makashi is a very economical form, and as long as he keeps an advantage with it, it will allow him to fight without exerting himself.

He also uses force augmentation to give himself great speed so that he can outmaneuver his opponents.

GRIEVOUS:

Once a Kaleesh warrior, he is now a cybernetic being. More machine than man and standing at 7 feet tall. His armour is made of Durasteel, which is an incredibly durable alloy, able to take immense amounts of heat and physical stress, even notably used for some star fighters and the armour of Jango/Boba Fett. He also has Duranium in his armour, which is noted for it's slight resistance to lightsaber blows.

He has incredible endurance, able to withstand telekinetic pushes and being crushed by a speeder, though his armour was damaged by Mace Windu's force crush. He is also incredibly strong, and is able to use both his hands and feet to grab Jedi and fling them around like ragdolls.

His main physical attribute is his immense speed. Able to take on many skilled Jedi at the same time on Hypori, able to outrun a Jedi before they are able to land a blow with the force and able to combatively overpower force users with only his bladework. He was even able to overload the lightsaber defenses of resident Soresu master Obi-Wan Kenobi.

The thing with fighting speedy opponents is that if you can't keep up with their lightsaber, that's it, you are dead. All it takes is one strike. People such as Sidious and Dooku rely heavily on force augmentation to speed up and keep up with or even outmaneuver their much younger and physically able opponents. Sidious uses it to such an extent that most Jedi masters can't even see his bladework, let alone react to it in time.

Grievous' immense speed is what keeps him from being ragdolled with the force. Maul could not just flick his hand and send Grievous toppling. He would be forced to augment his speed just to keep up with Grievous' bladework. The same goes for Dooku. Grievous' speed is the reason he can contend with Dooku, Mace Windu and Obi-Wan Kenobi without being affected by offensive force abilities. As long as Grievous lays down the heat with his sabers and martial abilities, no one is throwing him anywhere with the force.

It is where his opponents are not forced to keep up with his speed that he suffers. At a distance, Windu was able to crush his chest, not being forced to put all his efforts into augmenting his own speed. His best points are his speed,strength and durability, but he suffers when unable to completely lay this down on an opponent at close range as when his opponents are not under pressure, they can fall back on the force whereas he cannot. But that is more something to talk about in the force abilities section.

It should also be noted that pain tolerance is barely a factor for Grievous. He can lose a hand without slowing down and he can be chopped up without flinching in pain, merely being frustrated. Only a strike to the head or his synthetic organs would take him down.

MAUL:

A half-Zabrak, half-Human Male, standing at over 2 metres tall, Maul was a physical tank. His Zabrak half allowed him natural pain tolerance and his human half granted him resiliancy.

Maul's two main feats when it comes to his physical capabilities are his resiliancy/endurance and his martial skill, though the former is more prominant an attribute.

The majority of his training with Sidious was either bladework, or testing his endurance. Constantly submitted to torture during his training, he was built to resist pain. He has even been able to resist the effects of force lightning subjected upon him by a nightsister, though she was likely no where near as proficiant in the ability as Dooku. Maul, being the physical tank that he is, would be able to endure an incredibly long fight, he would be able to endure glances from his opponents glancing blows and he could endure the pain of being slammed with the force. Wearing Maul down would not work effectively, especially for opponents with dwindling endurance. Eventually, he would endure and his opponent would begin to slow down, at which point he would take an advantage. Nothing but a strike as decisive as a decapitation, lunge through the chest or bisection/slash deep through the torso would take him out of the fight.

Maul was a trained martial artist in Teras Kasi. Teras Kasi practitioners was known for being adept at hand to hand combat and using speedy attacks, with offense and defense in mind, able to dodge blows and slip away from decisive strikes. They were also trained to close off their mind from force users, able to defend themselves from mental attacks. Teras Kasi was designed for non-force users to combat force users specifically. Maul used it in tandem with his force augmentation (which further increases his speed) and only the few could match his martial talent.

Although his lower half was replaced with mechanical appendages, I don't think this would prove a significant disadvantage. At worst his resiliancy against force lightning would be hampered due to it's adverse affects on his machine parts and only if it manages to hit him.

PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES CLOSING COMMENT:

All three combatants physical capabilities have at least some focus on speed.

Dooku has the speed of his bladework and maneuvering his body, using his footwork to keep his opponents at a disadvantage. Grievous had tremendous lightsaber bladework speeds and is incredibly fast in moving around the battlefield. Maul is known for his speedy strikes and is adept at his fast martial abilities.

However, whilst Dooku has to rely only on his physical speed to keep himself from being outmaneuvered by his opponents he burns out very quickly. For his age, his endurance is impressive, but it still shows through. If this battle is drawn out, Dooku will suffer for it immensly. He will become winded and he will slow down, unable to keep up with his faster and more enduring opponents.

If a strike is landed on him, it is unlikely that he will be taking the brunt of it and getting back up. A slash to the arm or knee is enough to at least temporarily incapacitate him.

Grievous and Maul are both incredibly enduring and they would be able to take hard blows without losing momentum. It would take nothing other than a decisive blow to take either out.

Although not as speedy with his bladework as his opponents, Maul's Martial abilities and pure endurance is enough that despite Grievous' aggressive nature and unyielding speed never faltering due to his mechanical body, Maul would not slow down either and it would come to who decisively strikes who for either opponent to take out the other.

Grievous is physically stronger than Maul, but Maul has the advantage of his martial skill, being a more skilled close combat fighter than Grievous who would suffer without his bladework.

And I think that's the deciding factor here. In terms of who could outlast the other, Grievous may have the mechanical advantage, meaning if this went on for hours, he'd likely outlast Maul, but in this fight, I doubt it will be drawn out long enough to give him that advantage. Maul's martial skill in close combat, is more of an advantage in this fight than Grievous' mechanical endurance and strength.

For physical capabilities, in the context of this battle, I rate them:

1) Darth Maul

2) General Grievous

3) Count Dooku

Maul has the slight advantage over Grievous and both have a significant physical gap between them and Tyranus. But there is still dueling prowess and force abilities to factor in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DUELING:

DOOKU:

Darth Tyranus used a curved lightsaber hilt to allow for attacking at unusual and advantageous angles and he used a synthesized red crystal which had higher cutting power than the natural crystals that Jedi often used. Dooku was first and foremost THE master of makashi.

Form II: Makashi was a lightsaber form created to make up for the faults in form I: Shii-Cho. Makashi was an economical and offensive form, focused on dueling single lightsaber wielding opponents as opposed to fighting multiple opponents or opponents using blasters, being the worst form against blaster fire and crowds.

Never the less, Dooku's absolute mastery over the form and vast experience as a duelist allowed him to fight and defeat multiple opponents with ease as well as deflect blaster fire without difficulty.

Makashi is a varient that focuses on deflecting and redirecting an opponent's strikes rather than meeting them head on. Only once the opponent is unbalanced and giving an opening would he unleash his attack, mainly consisting of fencing style thrusts and precise slashes.

He would constantly work to outmaneuver his opponents, keeping them off balance and keeping them from fighting at 100%. He would always strive to keep the advantage in a fight, never letting the opponent use their full power.

However, when he loses this advantage and the opponent is able to use their full power, he would begin to falter. In particular, though he has defeated them in the past, Dooku struggles with powerhouse opponents who rely on strength.

Makashi's inability to defend against attacks outright and inability to to produce kinetic strikes proved disadvantageous against physically tough opponents, especially those who use Djem-So. This was one of the factors leading to his death at the hands of Djem-So master Anakin Skywalker.

However, most of the time, his bladework was flawlessly precise and his footwork was absolutely impeccable, never giving an advantage to his opponents.

Dooku, despite having contempt for other forms, was proficient in them and had enough knowledge to teach Grievous in all basic forms of lightsaber combat. In particular, he had contempt for form IV: Ataru and it's silly acrobatics and also had a distaste for opponents who used the force to throw their lightsaber, believing a saber should never leave the duelists hands.

Even back when he was a Jedi, he was renowned as the greatest duelist of the order, with his only equals being Yoda and Mace, who in particular he has bested in a sparring match.

As a sith, it remained known that his only equals with a blade would be these two.

He also used Dun Moch in tandem with his dueling abilities. Dun Moch was psychological warfare, using words to throw off his opponents. When used correctly, he can cause his opponents to lose focus and give openings. However, this was dangerous as Dun Moch can backfire, sending opponents into a rage and overpowering the Dun Moch user as is the case with Dooku vs Anakin in episode 3 and Darth Vader vs Luke in Episode 6.

I would like to quote Antoine Bandele (since I'm using him as an easy source of information) on what kind of duelist Dooku is:

Count Dooku's astute attention to the Makashi form made him an astounding opponent in a lightsaber duel. I would liken his style to the real world boxer, Floyd Mayweather. Neither of them threw haymakers or knock out punches, but they redirected and deflected their opponents strikes. They waited until their opponents left themselves open and when they did, they went in for the closer.

In short, Count Dooku was a powerhouse of finesse.

GRIEVOUS:

Grievous used a collection of standard Jedi lightsabers that he took as trophies from his victims. Ordinarilly these would be standard single crystal sabers with a green or blue hue. When going all out, he could split his arms in two and wield four lightsabers at once and has been known to use his feet to wield them, though with less success.

Grievous was trained in all forms of lightsaber combat under the tutalage of Darth Tyranus and was proficiant enough in them to contend even with council members, having enough talent to replicate Windu's Vapaad (or at least what was considered "close enough") after having only fought with him for a short amount of time with his own movement hampered from being magnetized to the train, still contending with Mace the whole time as an equal.

He used a heavily unorthadox style, wielding four blades in tandem and switching between forms on a dime. His jack of all trades fighting style could be more closely interpreted as being like the dueling oriented style of Niman, though without the usual integration of the force.

Grievous, using his unorthadox style would rely on an agressive use of his four lightsabers and his body as a weapon, crushing skulls and ripping armour with his body.

However, Dooku critisized him for his lack of subtelty and finesse. Grievous would charge ahead blindly attempting to cut through his opponents defenses with blinding speed, rather than work around their defenses as Dooku would. Against opponents with a stellar defense, such as Obi-Wan, this would prove a disadvantageous choice, though it should be noted, that Grievous still managed to overload Obi-Wan's defenses using pure speed, with 20 strikes a second proving too much for even the master of Soresu, the defensive form, to take head on.

Also, despite of this, his aggressive and unorthadox style would prove too much for many of his other opponents, able to close the gap with relative ease and rely on both his incredible speed and amazing adaptability to overwhelm his opponents, cut through their defenses outright and strike them down in a blinding flurry of lighsaber swings and jabs.

MAUL:

Although he would use both a double bladed lightsaber and a single bladed lightsaber during his time as a Sith, I will be observing his use of the single bladed variant as it had a more prolific use during his time in the Clone wars, which is where I am examining him.

Maul would be trained by Sidious to specialize in form VII: Juyo, the final and most agressive of all lightsaber forms. Juyo drew from the dark side and on the emotions, particularly rage, of the practicioner. Many users of Juyo would incorperate Dun Moch into their arsenal, and whilst Maul was more concerned with the physical aspects of the form, he was no exception, using it against Obi-Wan during the clone wars. Juyo users were, however, also known for being very aggressive and offensive, often leaving themselves open to counter attacks.

Maul would also become proficiant in the use of Niman, particularly the dueling style of Niman, focusing more on the physical aspects rather than incorperating the force into his attacks. Also, particularly, he would focus on using the duel-fencing Jar'kai variant of Niman. As I mentioned before, Niman as a dueling form, was more of a jack of all trades form. It had no particular strengths and no particular weaknesses.

Although never stated, Maul likely has knowledge of Ataru as he often incorperated acrobatics and martial arts, such as his proficiancy with Teras Kasi hand to hand combat. Form IV: Ataru was a form that incorperated speed, acrobatics and martial skill into the style. A form 4 user would use both their lightsaber and their body as a weapon.

These styles would complement his physical abilities.

He was adept at incorperating martial arts into his attacks and utilized both his impressive speed and endurance to his advantage.

He was also somewhat tactical in dueling his opponents. Rather than charging ahead, if he could not outduel his opponents, he would attempt to control the fight, leading it around and wearing his opponent down, incorperating his endurance by drawing the fight out on his terms, and incorperating his agility and speed by somersaulting and flipping with ease, leading the battle to a place of his choosing, as he did against Qui-Gon.

DUELING CLOSING COMMENT:

Dooku was an incredibly skilled duelist who was an abolute beast when it came to economy, precision, footwork and finesse. However, he struggled against physically overpowering opponents and when he fails to keep his opponents at bay, his defenses quickly deteriorate, though that rarely happens as most opponents have trouble laying into him, or rather he doesn't allow them to.

Grievous was a jack of all trades and master of the unorthodox. The most adaptable and speedy of these fighters, he could change forms in an instant and not only mimic but adapt completely to the form of his opponent. He uses his four blades to his advantage, overpowering his opponents with blinding flurries of unorthadox attacks from every angle and with an even greater advantage against opponents who are only used to fighting 1 on 1 as the multiple sabers can be very hard to defend against, as if you are fighting many opponents at once.

However, his aggressive nature would often lead to him trying to blitz his way through every obstacle acting as an unstoppable object and when he comes up against an immovable wall, he quickly falls to pieces.

Maul is a duelist who uses technicality and brawn in tandem. He will try to aggressively outduel his opponent with pure force. If that doesn't work, he uses acrobatics and martial arts to keep control of the movement of the battle, utilizing his incredible endurance to last out the fight. He is speedy, acrobatic and able to not only overwhelm weaker opponents, but stratigically pick apart those who prove a match for him. However, he is often very impulsive with his attacks (as many Juyo users are) and often resorts to being very agressive and overconfidant with his offensive, leaving himself wide open to unsuspected attacks from both the blade and the force.

I think that it is clear who is the most masterful duelist of the three. Whilst two of them will initially go on the agressive and try to overwhelm their opponents with speed and agility, Dooku will hang back, never letting them use their aggresive nature to it's fluuest effectiveness. When Grievous finds that he cannot overpower Dooku, he will change forms and not much else attempting constantly to overwhelm and outfence his opponents and break through their defenses. When Maul finds that Dooku is outmaneuvering him and keeping leverage on the duel, keeping Maul's aggressive attacks from properly connecting, he will incorperate his acrobatics and agility, trying, in turn, to lead Dooku on and control the movement of the fight to stop Tyranus from effectively... well... severing the other opponents' effectiveness.

I think that Maul's martial skill agility and technical tactics is enough to contend with Grievous attempt at overpowering him with speed alone.

For me, who duels the most effectively in this battle is decided by who can control the fight more effectively.

Dooku or Maul?

I believe that, whilst Maul will attempt to lead the fight around during the later portion of the duel, seeing that Tyranus had been outmaneuvering him for the early duel and keeping him from effectively going on an offense, Dooku is unlikely to be lead on. Grievous will always be pressing forward and both Dooku and Maul will be giving ground. Maul will attempt to outlast his opponents and lead the fight to a place of his choosing, trying to gain the environmental advantage and Dooku will, regardless of where the fight is taken, attempt to outmaneuver Maul and keep his opponents from fighting effectively.

I believe that Maul would end up being led on by Dooku's outmaneuvering in their instant close combat area, but Dooku would not allow Maul to move the fight.

On another note, I do not believe that Maul would be able to overpower Dooku effectively and Dooku would eventually be able to find an oppening, due to Maul's overconfidence in his own offence, which effectiveness is already being stemmed by Dooku's leverage.

For dueling, in the context of this battle, I rate them:

1) Dooku

2) Maul

3) Grievous

Grievous is certainly the most effective of all three at overpowering and agressing the opponents and I think he will be the more effective opponent when both he and Maul inevitably begin the fight with a staunch offense.

However, Dooku be giving ground during this section of the fight and after the short aggressive attack, Maul will attempt to do the same, but I doubt he will be able to wrench control of the fight from there.

From this point, Dooku would keep his opponents from being effective and would attempt to dissect them with his flawless precision and attack the oppenings that both Maul and Grievous are victim to.

However, this still does not account for any of their force abilities (or lack thereof in Grievous' case) and defenses against force based attacks.

---------------------------------------------------------------

FORCE ABILITIES:

Before you read into force abilities, I would like to note something.

Just because a force-sensitive has accomplished something using the force, it doesn not mean that they will be able to replicate it in a close combat scenario.

For example, I doubt Galen Marek would be able to redirect a falling Star Destroyer, whilst in the midst of a heated duel with, say, Anakin Skywalker.

So therefore, I will be placing feats they have reproduced in battle over force feats they have accomplished whilst under different scenarios.

DOOKU:

Extremely gifted in both the light and dark sides of the force, Dooku started out as a Jedi who would be known for his impressive use of the more universal force abilities. He was a master of telekenesis, allowing him to effortlessly lift and throw around objects and even enabling him to glide and float. However, he never used telekineses to throw his saber, as he believed that a lightsaber should never leave the duelists hands.

He was considered masterful enough at telekineses to teach it at the temple. He would primarily use this ability in conjunction with his dueling, grabbing and flinging opponents with relative ease, even when pressured in close combat. He has also been shown to have used force choke as a subsidiary of this.

He also was proficiant in beast taming and using the force to cure himself of debilitating ailments such as poisons and diseases.

Once he turned to the dark side, he became proficiant in tearing information from his opponents minds and using Quey'tek meditation, which was a form of force concealment that allowed the user to disguise their dark presence, enabling them to appear as a benevolent being even when probed by Jedi masters.

His most common use of the dark side, however, is force lightning.

Force lightning can be an iffy subject as many practicioners use it at varying degrees of effectiveness, and even single practicioners use it at inconsistant degrees throughout their use of it.

In particular, Count Dooku has been known to kill or temporarily incapacitate his opponents. He has shown this by incapacitating opponents such as Anakin skywalker and Sora Bulk and debilitating opponents such as Asajj Ventress and Savage Opress.

However, opponents such as Obi-Wan have been able to easily ground it with their lightsabers and Yoda was able to negate it with his mastery over tutaminis.

I believe that Dooku's most prolific abilities were his uses of force grip/push/telekinesis and force lightning, which he will attempt to use throughout his duels and fall back on when he feels his opponents are left open to such attacks. Dooku also has a very impressive force wall, with very few instances where he has been grabbed with the force and of those instances, it is usually because he was not defending himself/was taken by suprise.

GRIEVOUS:

Grievous had no force abilities. However, I feel that I should re-adress his defenses against his opponents use of the force.

As I mentioned in his Physical capabilities analysis...

The thing with fighting speedy opponents is that if you can't keep up with their lightsaber, that's it, you are dead. All it takes is one strike. People such as Sidious and Dooku rely heavily on force augmentation to speed up and keep up with or even outmaneuver their much younger and physically able opponents. Sidious uses it to such an extent that most Jedi masters can't even see his bladework, let alone react to it in time.

Grievous' immense speed is what keeps him from being ragdolled with the force. Maul could not just flick his hand and send Grievous toppling. He would be forced to augment his speed just to keep up with Grievous' bladework. The same goes for Dooku. Grievous' speed is the reason he can contend with Dooku, Mace Windu and Obi-Wan Kenobi without being affected by offensive force abilities. As long as Grievous lays down the heat with his sabers and martial abilities, no one is throwing him anywhere with the force.

It is where his opponents are not forced to keep up with his speed that he suffers. At a distance, Windu was able to crush his chest, not being forced to put all his efforts into augmenting his own speed. His best points are his speed, strength and durability, but he suffers when unable to completely lay this down on an opponent at close range as when his opponents are not under pressure, they can fall back on the force whereas he cannot.

This plays right into Grievous' style of fighting, which is to ham rush his enemies and lay down the pressure. Even Dooku, as proficiant as he is with using telekinesis in conjunction with close combat dueling, will be hard pressed to fall back on the force. However, it is noteworthy that, as a three way fight, if Grievous gets distracted by one opponent, the other has a good chance to fall back on the force, which will lead to Grievous trying to move around and avoid being ragdolled. However, if he is forced to do this, then he will be hard pressed to use his regular mode of operation and lay down pressure on his opponents in the form of speedy bladework.

MAUL:

Darth Maul was a proficiant practicioner in telekinesis. Particularly, force grip, force push and force choke.

He has been able to casually move small objects with a flick of the wrist and use both force grip and force push on Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi whilst in combat scenarios.

He has also showcased force choke.

Outside of combat he has showcased being able to pull a large shuttle off a cliff. He was being shot as and was defending with his sabre, but this was not a close quarters combat scenario and it was under different circumstances than he would be in if he were facing against force sensitive opponents in close quarters.

Some of his resiliancy against abilities such as force lightning, which he has showcased int he past could be attributed to his force wall, but the most likely scenario is that the main factor was his natural resiliancy and endurance as observed in the physical attributes section.

Furthermore, whilst he was proficiant in telekinesis, he was far less likely to fall back on it than a master like Dooku and was far more concerned with his martial skill than his abilities in the force.

FORCE ABILITIES CLOSING COMMENT:

This section for me is pretty clear cut. Here we have a master, an adept and a non-force sensitive.

We have someone with an impressive force wall, someone who has showcased resiliancy against force based attacks, and someone who is able to avoid force attacks for the most part.

Regarding the force. Dooku is far more likely to open up with it and fall back on it than Maul.

Dooku will use his lightning and attempt to use telekinises whenever he gets the chance, whereas Maul will only attempt telekinesis when he feels that his marital skill cannot make the cut of his current situation or when his opponents leave themselves wide open to attacks from the force.

For force abilities, in the context of this battle, I rate them:

1) Dooku

2) Maul

3) Grievous

Grievous may have no force abilities, but his blinding speed and impressive barrage of flurries is a good enough merit to his force defenses. For Grievous his best defense against the force is a good offense.

Maul will likely fall back on his martial skill when pressured rather than his force abilities. Though given the chance, he will use them.

Dooku can fall back on his mastery of the force, though when pressured he is likely to attempt to fend off with his bladework, only attempting to debilitate his opponents with powerful force abilities when he has the advantage, which he will always attempt to keep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

VERDICT:

I believe that a battle between these three, in all rounds, would go along these general lines.

In the opening of the fight, Maul and Grievous will ignite their sabers and charge in, whilst Dooku would back out and attempt to use the force to debilitate his opponents.

Both Maul and Grievous would attempt to avoid Dooku's manipulation at all cost and as Maul backs out of the saber fight, he will attempt to use his acrobatics and maneuvering to move the fight around, leaving Grievous to lay the pressure into Dooku.

This will put Dooku at a disadvantage, leading him to concentrate on augmenting his speed just to keep up. However, Dooku would be able to contend with Grievous using only his lightsaber anyways. Despite this, the situation will still present Maul with an advantage. Maul would likely attempt to use any advantage he can get against Tyranus that he can, whether the result being wrenching control of the movement of the duel or landing blows with his martial abilities and the force.

Dooku himself would likely attempt to back out of Grievous' onslaught by leaping with the force and gaining a better vantage point.

I believe that this would be a rinse and repeat sort of method. With 3 combatants, it's harder to say how each will act specifically to each situation, but I think that both Dooku and Maul will set their priorities on trying to take control of the movement of the battle and gain advantages on each other, with Grievous acting as a catalyst, charging at one of them briefly and giving the other an immediate advantage.

Eventually, I believe that Grievous will fall, by the hands of either of his opponents.

Maul will come out better for this, still remaining completely fresh in the fight, wheras Dooku will quickly be tiring by this point.

Ordinarily, in a duel between Tyranus and Maul on even playing field, I would give Dooku an 8/10 majority. But due solely to Grievous' involvement, the fight will drag out and this will push it greatly into Maul's favour.

However, once Grievous does go down, he will no longer provide any opportunities to Maul, and despite remaining fresh, he will be hard pressed to gain the advantage over Dooku, who has the fallback of his mastery over the force and superior lightsaber combat skills. At this point Dooku will begin to be pressed back by Maul, giving Maul the advantage of being able to move the fight around again, but as soon as Maul becomes overconfident in his progression, which he will, Dooku will begin giving ground on purpose and from there will dissect his opponent until Maul finally gives an opening for Dooku throw his finisher, whether it be a torrent of lightning to wear Maul down a little before going in for a quick slash, or a beastly show of economical precision, slicing the leg, shoulder and wrists, giving a quick lunge to the chest and pulling back to prepare for a decapitation.

Regardless, even if Dooku does win, he will come out of this encounter completely fatigued and exhausted and it is very possible that his fatigue could pose a massive advantage to Maul, especially if Dooku finds himself hard pressed to find an opening during the part where Maul is on the offensive, thus being unable to wrench the advantage from Maul and when Dooku can't maintain the advantage, he quickly crumbles.

ROUND 1: NABOO LIGHT BRIDGE ROOM:

This place is full of super thin walkways, a good area if you are an expert in close quarters combat. Moving the fight around will be easier here, but maneuvering around your opponents will be very difficult and escaping from barrages will force the victim to fall back and lose ground, by choice or not.

In the beginning of the fight, Grievous will be an absolute monster here. His blades will be inescapable for either of his opponents and Dooku will be insanely hard pressed to use his footwork to his advantage.

Maul definately has the overall advantage here as when the fight inevitably kicks off between Dooku and Maul, Grievous will find himself taken out of the fight repeatedly as he struggles to move between the walkways as Dooku can, at which point he may find himself at the mercy of the force.

When he does get in close, however, Dooku will find himself exhausted and challenged to keep up. This area is a place where Maul can comfortably control the fight, with his only disadvantage being when Grievous attacks him or when Dooku attempts to leap between walkways and use the force.

ROUND 1 VERDICT:

Dooku: 5/10

Maul: 4/10

Grievous: 1/10

I only give Grievous the win here, since it's definitely possible with the odds stacked against Dooku that Maul could incapacitate or kill him, especially with Dooku's poor physique compared to the other two, and Grievous is not completely outclassed by Maul, especially when Grievous has the advantage of the thin walkways. However, in this case, Maul will definitely take control of the movement of the fight.

ROUND 2: GEONOSIS ARENA:

This is a large space. In areas like this, I believe that there are no significant advantages to be found over the basic principles I have already discussed as I generally assume that characters fight on even ground when discussing their combative abilities in comparision to one another, unless their abilities are specifically tied to the environment/surroundings.

ROUND 2 VERDICT:

Dooku: 7/10

Maul: 3/10

Grievous: 0/10

ROUND 3: UTAPAU HANGER:

The same goes here. It's a slightly smaller space, however, with more obstacles for Dooku to take advantage of with the force and a sheer drop on one side. Dooku has a slight advantage here over the other two, but only a minor one.

ROUND 3 VERDICT:

Dooku: 7/10

Maul: 3/10

Grievous: 0/10

Though Dooku does have a slight advantage here, it is not enough for me to merit him another win, though he still takes the vast majority. If the area was more advantageous to him, such as containing more obstacles and unusual terrain for him to maneuver about in and use the for on, I would consider bringing his majority back up to 8 as him being worn out by this 3 way fight would not be a big enough disadvantage to cancel out the advantages given to him by the force and his skill at maneuvering in the fight.

FINAL COMMENT:

Anyways, that's what I think on his match-up, though please, take the numbers of wins and majorities with a grain of salt. I am still debating with myself about whether I put down the right numbers for each round and the descriptions I gave are vastly more accurate to my opinion and important than the numbers, which I only put down to make for an easy reference.

Remember, though I try to be true to the established facts of the Star Wars Universe, all of my opinions and verdicts are my own and I undertsand if you have a differing opinion than me, even if you are basing your info off my analysis'.

If you managed to read through all this (or maybe just skipped to the verdicts, I dunno), I would appreciate if you could comment on whether you agree or disagree with my verdicts and analysis and why.

Feel free to mention if you feel I have misrepresented one of the characters in any way and what you think of my overall observation of the duel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would also like to make note of the fact that, as well as using both my memory and the internet to put this information down, I am also referencing Antoine Bandele's VS videos on Youtube. It's a much easier way of getting down reliable information for me. So note that a lot of credit for this information, though not my personal opinions and verdicts, goes to him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please notify me of spelling errors. I'd hate to say something like:

Grievous can use force lightning.

When I mean to say:

Grievous can't use force lightning.

Then again, as you will see at the top of my first post. I have been having trouble with edits, so it may not be worth it.

Though if it is as ridiculous as that statement about Grievous above, be sure to alert me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There it is, overblown, long winded, detailed and a bit of a mess.

I'm sure everyone will TL;DR this and leave immediatly XD

Again, sorry for necrobumping something so old.

And sorry again to Ant and Swords for bringing up my old post again, dusting it off and then forcing people's eyes to bleed at the sheer block text.

DevilGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyranus eventually, Grievous gets taken down, Maul would be the one who give Dooku a fight.

Fablehaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Count Dooku.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku wins, there's no argument to be made for Grievous at all as he's never won against Dooku and Mauls feats and accolades just fall far short.

Dooku wins, without a doubt.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98875cd0f94
deactivated-5a98875cd0f94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku, though it's not without a doubt and Maul's feats definitely do not "fall far behind".

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku is not stylistically suited for this free for all. And yet, he's still superior to either by a clear margin thanks to his scaling and feats and hence should still win this. That he's the most willing force user compensates a great deal for the matchup disadvantage.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku without a doubt.