darth maul vs count dooku

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@dccomicsrule2011: I now realize the difficulties of being one of "the Star Wars guys" on this site.. LOL.

@linark said:

and say my statement which come from the damn freaking SW LORE are useless. - "Lore" aka user created Wikis

Am i talking to a kid fanboy? now i see i am. - LOL

You base everything you say on understatements, punctual non context sentences and your own opinion (yes, you do). LOOOOL

You read some Maul novel and you cant extrapolate. I'll extrapolate all over you in a minute, son

And you go with the writter? so, a writter ignores a complete saga like KOTOR (with its own novels) or the sith empire tons of siths that used doublelightsabers and you go with him because it suits you? tell me how much fanboyism is that. - >Trusts what the writer is saying >Is a fanboy

Btw, by the rule of the two, a sith becomes a Master when he defeats his master. This applies to Maul. But, Sidious trained him to be a disposable asset. He had no real plan to let him reach the Master Status. Cause Maul is nothing but another sith. Comparing him to Anakin just shows how much of a fanboy you are. - You are aware that due to Dooku being Sidous' former, and replaced, apprentice, that everything you just said applies to him aswell? LOL

You are just another selfrighteous jerk who believes he is "making a sacrifice when debating with inferior beings". That constant "i dont know why im even bothering" or "lord save me" are pathetic. - It's really tough being a such a self righteous jerk, you know. I'm glad you understand how much dedication I put into the role.

(with your "but in this comic he beats a jedi!" because i say so, even if there are no feats regarding it) - Pretty sure if something happens in a comic, it's a feat.

The level of stupidness here is astonishing. - That's just what I was thinking!

Ye, i can play smartass jerk too and insult your reasoning like kids do - Oh.. I thought you already were.

And yes, i did look some stuff up. - From a wiki

Im so damn sure you did too. - From canon novels

Its a middle tier fanboy selling machine like Darth Maul vs a real Jedi powerhouse like Dooku - Dooku is a Jedi now? Mauls a selling machine? What does he sell?

Have fun with your Darth Maul fleshlight - I certainly will. *Vwoooom*

gingerpenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well that's a tough fight, Dooku has better power with the force, but Maul is a better swordsman. My opinion Darth Maul

erebus314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi everyone, I am new here but I am a big fan of star wars.

Anyway, I believe that both combatants are very skilled in their own right but if they duel each other, dooku would prevail. His force abilities and form II saber combat skills are more powerful than maul's form VII juyo and limited force abilites.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By ShootingNova

Considering this is TPM Maul, I see no reason for why Dooku couldn't wreck him with the Force. His power feats are no better than Ventress or Kenobi, both of whom Dooku have creamed with TK. While physically, Maul's abilities would heavily press Dooku, Dooku would win almost every time due to his own propensity for applying his powers mid-combat, and his powers are vastly superior to Maul's. The only thing Maul has that would be comparable to Dooku is the Force Scream feat, but then, he restrained himself and he rarely utilizes Scream anyway.

LiquidNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingjohnrocks: That's Darth Sidious lightning himself. Thats lightning on a whole nother level. Does not count.

Starkiller and Sidious have the most powerful force lightning ever known. Dooku's lightning is not doing anything to Maul.

Lightsaber duel, No. You also forget Savage Oppress got angry and overpowered Dooku and Ventress, after being extremely battle damaged. But the minute he became Serious they both ran away. He became serious with Maul and he defeated him effortlessly. Besides Maul faired pretty well against Sidious.

You also have to realize Mace and Sidious Vaapad Mace is 2 completely different levels of power. Dooku's not touching that, and Maul defeated Vader before his prime might I add it was a weaker version of Maul aswell. Dooku dies.

Lightning useless

Lightsaber combat Mauls better

force Dooku, Maul is actually great in the force he just doesn't like to use it.

Avatar image for deactivated-62433ff119047
deactivated-62433ff119047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hasn't this been done before?

And Dooku wins. TK, Lightning, Saber combat, all of it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: Nice comic video you have there. I might have to buy a couple IDW Star Wars comics soon, my Star Wars comic cravings have just taken place.

The CLoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TPM Maul can't win. I reserve my judgements on TCW and onward Maul vs Dooku, because that fight is going to happen in a couple of months, and it's already quite close.

LiquidNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku never made an after image.

What do you mean, and what is this in response to?

LiquidNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By LiquidNazo
Loading Video...

Savage was severely injured by a surprise from Dooku's lightning. He kelp getting hit by lightning. BUT THE MIN he got serious Dooku and Ventress became no match for him. They had to combine there attack against him. The min he got up they ran away to keep him out of the fight and try to escape.

However when he tried to show his testi's to Maul.

Well let's just say.

Loading Video...

He wasn't having that.

Mind you this was before he got his legs back.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquidnazo: That ABC logic is vomit-worthy. And thats coming from a diehard Maul/Savage fan.

LiquidNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By LiquidNazo

@i_like_swords: Still makes sense Maul fought Obi Wan and his master at the same time. Mind you Obi Wan was lethal at that age. Who master stalemated Mace, Who was said to be equal to Dooku.

Unless Maul gets cocky seeing as it's Dooku I doubt it. He wins.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By ShootingNova
@liquidnazo said:

Mind you Obi Wan was lethal at that age. Who master stalemated Mace, Who was said to be equal to Dooku.

1. No, he may have been skilled, but he has nothing to mark himself as extraordinarily impressive.

2. Qui-Gon stalemating Mace has always been brought up, but it's never proven. Do you have a source for this? And aside from this, Qui-Gon is all accolades. He was outfought by Xanatos + Feemor.

And Maul had the advantage over them, but he had to separate them to win conclusively.

On the other hand, Dooku outfought Sora Bulq and Tholme at the same time with ease, and Sora Bulq did stalemate Windu.

For Dooku disarming Bulq, then knocking him out with Lightning, then stomping Tholme:

For Bulq fighting evenly with Windu:

Sora Bulq > Qui-Gon. Jinn has been listed as one of the most formidable members of the Order in his time, but Sora Bulq has been listed as one of the greatest of all time, and he has the feats to back it up. Jinn doesn't. Kenobi at this point has only outfought Bruck Chun, an absolute joke of a combatant. Tholme has at least fought roughly evenly with Quinlan Vos, who is above Obi-Wan by this time.

As for your previous statement about Dooku never generating afterimages, I have no idea where you got this from, but Dooku has repeatedly generated afterimages.

For instance, here he generates 8 afterimages, which is above the number of afterimages Maul can generate.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquidnazo: Obi Wan was near featless at that age and was stated to still be a novice at the time.

Qui Gon never stalemated Mace and is nowhere near either him or Dooku.

As for your above post, Savage was being dominated by Dooku for the most part. He only landed ONE shot with a force push after getting enraged and amped. He is no match for Dooku. And as for the Mauk comparison - Maul beat him physically, not through the force. Your whole comparison is just off.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku is noticeably more skilled, minimally faster, more experienced (although I honestly doubt that would factor at all) and vastly more powerful. He wins more because of the latter, since Maul's greater strength, ferocity and martial mastery would heavily press Dooku in the physical department.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 juiceboks  Moderator

@i_like_swords: Still makes sense Maul fought Obi Wan and his master at the same time. Mind you Obi Wan was lethal at that age. Who master stalemated Mace, Who was said to be equal to Dooku.

Unless Maul gets cocky seeing as it's Dooku I doubt it. He wins.

When? How does that even make since considering a Padawan Obi-Wan did better against Maul than Qui-Gon? Mace Windu at his peak would destroy Qui-Gon.

LiquidNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By LiquidNazo

@shootingnova: Hmm. I stand corrected.

Speed I think Maul have. Dooku is more precise rather then speed flashy.

As far as vastly more powerful in the force. No, he has way more knowledge and that helps a lot. Doesn't make him vastly more powerful. However Maul is very powerful in the force, he just doesn't like to use the force nor does he rely on it.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By dondave

Tyranus

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@liquidnazo said:

@shootingnova: Hmm. I stand corrected.

Dooku is still rather fast himself. He's outdueled/maneuvered Anakin and Obi-Wan on more than one occasion..and has outright moved faster than Obi-Wan could(something I don't recall Maul ever doing).

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By ShootingNova

@liquidnazo said:

No, Dooku is faster than Obi-Wan:

The two droids fired at Obi-Wan, but he batted their fired energy bolts back at them and cut them down as he moved fast for Dooku. Unfortunately, Dooku moved faster, extending his left hand toward Obi-Wan as he used the Force to lift the Jedi off his feet while at the same time constricting his throat.

Source: The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader

And Kenobi's speed feats are nothing to scoff at:

Obi-Wan exhibits sub-light reaction speeds:

Droids closing rapidly on their tails, cannonfire stitching space on all sides, the two Jedi pulled their ships through perfectly mirrored rolls that sent them streaking head-on for each other from opposite ends of a vast Republic cruiser. For merely human pilots, this would be suicide. By the time you can see your partner's starfighter streaking toward you at a respectable fraction of lightspeed, it's already too late for your merely human reflexes to react.

But these particular pilots were far from merely human.

The Force nudged hands on control yokes and the Jedi starfighters twisted and flashed past each other belly-to-belly, close enough to scorch each other's paint.

Source: Revenge of the Sith

Obi-Wan shoots up so quickly it seems he vanished:

"Very well, then," the Jedi said, and shot straight upward over Dooku's head so fast it seemed he'd vanished.

Kenobi forms a "wheel of lightning" out of his blade:

He dropped low and spun into another reverse ankle-sweep - the weakness of Djem So was its lack of mobility - that slapped Skywalker's boot sharply enough to throw the young Jedi off balance, giving Dooku the opportunity to leap away ---

Only to find himself again facing the wheel of blue lightning that was Kenobi's blade.

Obi-Wan riposts faster than the tongue of a Garollian ghost viper, fighting blindingly fast:

- and this image, this plan, was so clear in Dooku's mind that he almost failed to notice that Kenobi met every one of his thrusts without so much as moving his feet, staying perfectly centered, perfectly balanced, blade never moving a millimeter more than necessary, deflecting without effort, riposting with flickering strikes and stabs swifter than the tongue of a Garollian ghost viper, and when Dooku felt Skywalker regain his feet and stride once more toward his back, he finally registered the source of that blinding defensive velocity Kenobi had used a moment ago, and only then, belatedly, did he understand that Kenobi's Ataro and Shii-Cho had been ploys, as well.

Kenobi had become a master of Soresu.

He deflects blaster fire from an entire army attacking him from all directions simultaneously:

An instant later the Force had him hurtling through a storm of blasterfire as every combat droid in the control center opened up on him at once. Letting go of intention, letting go of desire, letting go of life, Obi-Wan fixed his entire attention on a thread of the Force that pulled him toward Grievous: not where Grievous was, but where Grievous would be when Obi-Wan got there...

Leaping girder to girder, slashing cables on which to swing through swarms of ricocheting particle beams, blade flickering so fast it became a deflector shield that splattered blaster bolts in all directions, his presence alone became a weapon: as he spun and whirled through the control center's superstructure, the blasts of particle cannons from power droids destroyed equipment and shattered girders and unleashed a torrent of red-hot debris that crashed to the deck, crushing droids on all sides.

Combat speed is definitely not in Maul's favor. Running speed, I suppose, but it wouldn't matter very much.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By ShootingNova

As far as vastly more powerful in the force. No, he has way more knowledge and that helps a lot. Doesn't make him vastly more powerful. However Maul is very powerful in the force, he just doesn't like to use the force nor does he rely on it.

Yes, he is. Dooku has creamed Ventress with the Force, who has collapsed stone ceilings and incited avalanches which is above TPM Maul's showings. That, and he was listed as one of the most powerful Force practitioners in history, an accolade Maul has never received:

No Caption Provided

By TCW, Maul has excellent TK feats. But by TPM? He has no feats at all that even approach Dooku.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Hey man, just one thing about Dookus skill advantage.

What do you make of the fact that Maul has been stated as being one of "the most skilled and deadly Sith warriors of all time" as well as one of the "most well trained"? The quote is on my TPM respect thread under the skill section. Just saying - that isnt an accolade Dooku has ever matched in terms of fighting skill.

LiquidNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: hmm. Corrected yet again. I still think Maul wins though. His power in the clone wars shot up drastically matter of fact he out dueled older Obi Wan. So his speed is still a factor. Savage out dueled Ventress and Maul stomped Savage again before he got his legs back.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By ShootingNova

@i_like_swords: It indicates he is one of the most skilled Sith in history. Dooku is one of the most skilled fighters in general in history, and he has repeatedly fought evenly with/outfought Windu, who has been listed as one of the most skilled fighters in all of Old Republic history. So yes, Dooku has matched that.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmm. Corrected yet again. I still think Maul wins though. His power in the clone wars shot up drastically matter of fact he out dueled older Obi Wan. So his speed is still a factor. Savage out dueled Ventress and Maul stomped Savage again before he got his legs back.

This is TPM Maul, so I have no idea where you are getting at.

LiquidNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Dooku was stated to be one of the most skilled fighters in the order at that time, not history. He stalemated Mace in sparring, not a real fight, which I think makes a bit of a difference. And he also hasnt been called one of the most deadly (lethality is a factor in fights) or one of the best trained (which helps). Just saying I think in this one particular accolade Maul has an advantage.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By ShootingNova

@liquidnazo said:

My point is Dooku doesn't speedblitz.

..........Who in the world said Dooku speedblitzed? No, you said Maul was faster, and that's wrong. Nobody said anything about speedblitzing.

I have a feeling you misinterpret the term "speedblitzing". It means to kill somebody faster than they can react. Why in the world would that happen here?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By ShootingNova
@i_like_swords said:

Dooku was stated to be one of the most skilled fighters in the order at that time, not history. He stalemated Mace in sparring, not a real fight, which I think makes a bit of a difference. And he also hasnt been called one of the most deadly (lethality is a factor in fights) or one of the best trained (which helps). Just saying I think in this one particular accolade Maul has an advantage.

1. I'm almost positive Dooku has been listed as one of the most skilled duelists in all of history in TheUltimate Visual Guide, or something like that, but I'll have to check.

2. It doesn't matter because his feats are at least even with Windu's.

3. Training honestly doesn't mean much. Dooku was listed as the most skilled Makashi fighter, for all that's worth.

I suppose it would be rather hypocritical of me at this point to be doing this, since I was the one who first brought up accolades, but I do want to point out that accolades aren't everything. Luminara was stated to be easily capable of matching Dooku's skills, and she lost to Ventress. Feats are more important, and at least I can support Dooku's accolades with feats regarding the power, so it might not be so hypocritical after all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku. Maul was cut in half by a less experienced Obi Wan when Dooku knocked more experienced Obi Wan unconscious whilst fighting Anakin as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thechosenlolofgod: ...did you seriously quote that, man? That is the single worst reasoning for why Maul loses anything.

LiquidNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By LiquidNazo

@shootingnova:

@thechosenlolofgod: ...did you seriously quote that, man? That is the single worst reasoning for why Maul loses anything.

This

I've notice that you are very biased when it comes to Maul. I notice you don't like him.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By ShootingNova

@liquidnazo: Why did you call me when you weren't going to reply to me at all?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova:

@i_like_swords said:

This

I've notice that you are very biased when it comes to Maul. I notice you don't like him.

I take it you mean thechosenlolofgod, and not me, right? Cause I quite obviously like Maul.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By ShootingNova

@i_like_swords: I almost thought he was referencing me since he called me out first. His post has nothing to do with what I said.

LiquidNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By ShootingNova
@liquidnazo said:

@shootingnova: I didn't quote you I quoted @i_like_swords and agreed with him.

You tagged my name at the beginning. I never said anything about Maul getting cut by Obi-Wan, because I know better than to. So basically, you tried to fraud me for saying something I never did. That's very kind of you.

I just said you are always against Maul.

I don't care what your observations are. I made my point based on factual, irrefutable and canonical evidence. Unless you intend to counter any of them, I suggest you stop smarting about me being biased, which you've done more than once now. If multiple threads' outcomes happen to be decided against Maul due to canonical evidence, does that mean everybody who didn't go for Maul is suddenly a hater of him and suddenly biased? Seriously, stop complaining about other people's bias, and stop pretending you know them. Offer a legitimate counter to my points, or don't respond to me at all. Calling on people for being biased just to take from their credibility is not very kind of you.

And considering I have more than once recognized a number of Maul's own talents, including in this thread, I'm just going to ignore this. What a completely offensive, pointless and unsubstantiated remark.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Looks like he was referencing you..

I just realized. Honestly, I've given up caring at this point. He called me biased in the other thread and called me unreliable. I've had enough of his baseless, insulting conclusions.

LiquidNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By LiquidNazo

@shootingnova: You need to stop verbally bashing. Mutiple people said you do that aswell, you need to be Civil in order to be civil. You called me biased in the Sidious vs Revan debate. In Galen vs Revan that guy had Revan as his pic and he never backed his info with logic or reasonable quotes just opinions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: It's aight, it's not like any of the main SW debaters on the site think you're biased. People just say that when they've lost a debate.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By ShootingNova
@liquidnazo said:
You need to stop verbally bashing. Mutiple people said you do that aswell, you need to be Civil in order to be civil.

No, you just need to stop whining at every turn. This is the internet, and the battles forum. And a debating site. I'm here to debate, not to endure other people blatantly calling me biased at every turn just for the sake of making me look unreliable. Look, I don't know or care about what you have against me, but from now on, don't call me biased again. Especially since you offered no supporting evidence anyways. And I can quote a number of times that I supported Maul.

And I'm not blind to the fact that you frauded me for saying something I didn't say. Twice in this thread alone.

You called me biased in the Sidious vs Revan debate.

And you first called our most respected SW debater biased based on completely false premises. If you're going to call somebody biased, at least support your argument. I'll admit I've said you were unreliable more than once, but that was on the account of saying derisory things. You just called me biased just so that I'd look bad. There's no evidence at all here.

In Galen vs Revan that guy had Revan as his pic and he never backed his info with logic or reasonable quotes just opinions.

What in the world did this red herring come from?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's aight, it's not like any of the main SW debaters on the site think you're biased. People just say that when they've lost a debate.

The new users on this forum can't stand calling people biased for no reason at all. I've had that happen to me from three different users, all of whom did this on spiteful and unsubstantiated grounds.

This is getting ridiculous. No wonder the other SW debaters have had enough. I think I'm joining them in retirement very soon.

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

It's aight, it's not like any of the main SW debaters on the site think you're biased. People just say that when they've lost a debate.

The new users on this forum can't stand calling people biased for no reason at all. I've had that happen to me from three different users, all of whom did this on spiteful and unsubstantiated grounds.

This is getting ridiculous. No wonder the other SW debaters have had enough. I think I'm joining them in retirement very soon.

No Caption Provided

LiquidNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Not always shootingnova and you know I give credit where credit is do.

Sometimes you just use a argument that can't be argued against causing cognitive dissonance.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

Damn, that would suck. If the whole forum gets overrun by new users then there's not much hope..

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not always shootingnova and you know I give credit where credit is do.

Is that so? Is that why you frauded me twice in this thread for saying something I never even said, and is that why, in another thread, you commented on how biased and unreliable I was because of I selectively chose my sides in a debate? I choose who wins based on evidence, not my opinion. It's a concept called objectivity.

Sometimes you just use a argument that can't be argued against causing cognitive dissonance.

If it can't be argued against, then the only "cognitive dissonance" are disingenuous remarks that are, once again, spiteful and completely unsubstantiated.

Look, I don't have any quarrel with you. But would you let the biased nonsense go?

The actual threads are becoming better - there's more discussion value. The users, however, need to pull their socks up.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By ShootingNova
@i_like_swords said:

Damn, that would suck. If the whole forum gets overrun by new users then there's not much hope..

The threads aren't always bad. I just can't stand the immaturity and the need to insult others, followed by claims of me insulting others.

You know, the irony of all this is that when people call me biased, I can call them biased, as well. But I don't. I really just miss the days where I could just discuss things with Silver and not have to put up with this.