#1 Posted by big_blue_cheese (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Good karma cole at the end of infamous 2. All out battle powers and weapons (lets say for arguement saake the AMP can block lightsaber blows). Battle take place in the Theed Generator complex where obi wan qui gon and darth maul fought.

#2 Edited by Ms. Omega (4404 posts) - - Show Bio

I will say Cole via Ionic Vortex.

#3 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

coles's electrokinesis ability wont be much trouble. maul has withstood direct force lighting before without much trouble.besides, lightsaber can act as a lightning rod, and can block electric attacks. maul wins either by force choke or saber attacks

#4 Posted by Nefarious (18862 posts) - - Show Bio

Cole.

#5 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

Cole wins this easily

#6 Posted by steelhound56 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Cole is just too strong by the end of Infamous 2 for a half trained Sith Acolyte. He really isn't all that trained in the more esoteric aspects of the Dark Side, according to the Darth Palgueis novel.

Cole fries him or messes him up with his other various abilities.

#7 Posted by Nomar (213 posts) - - Show Bio

To put someone as unimpressive as Darth Maul up against Cole is hilarious. This board has a thing for the EU though so I'm sure they'll find something he did that doesn't' jive with his unimpressive movie persona.

#8 Edited by steelhound56 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nomar said:

To put someone as unimpressive as Darth Maul up against Cole is hilarious. This board has a thing for the EU though so I'm sure they'll find something he did that doesn't' jive with his unimpressive movie persona.

Maul took on two Jedi simultaneously, so he is really pretty impressive. But that's not the issue. He's not particularly impressive when compared to someone like Cole at the end of InFamous 2.

Maul would beat the Cole at the end of InFamous. That Cole really isn't all that impressive. PIS and circumstance aside, Kessler should have wrecked Cole in their final fight at the end of InFamous. The fact that Kessler really wanted to prepare Cole for The Beast instead of killing him is evidence that Kessler held back quite a bit in their confrontation

I'd still say EU Maul couldn't take Cole down. Maul is likely much faster, and could possibly blitz Cole before he could react. But since this fight has no rules on morals we assume they are in character for this fight.

Maul is extremely arrogant. This is stated multiple times in the EU by Palpatine and others. Maul would try to take Cole with his lightsaber instead of going for the straight kill with a Force Choke, or a speedblitz.

Frankly, once Cole gets going, Maul is as good as dead, EU or no EU. He's just not that high tier in the power scale in the Star Wars Universe. Is he mildly impressive? Sure.

Is he anywhere close to the higher tiers of Jedi and Sith? Nope.

I would venture to say that someone like Dooku, or a Qui Gon in his prime would wreck him in a fight. Maul beat an older, not quite in his prime Qui Gon, and was arrogant enough to allow a Padawan to kill him in a suprise attack instead of finishing off a defenseless opponent.

#9 Posted by Nomar (213 posts) - - Show Bio

Taking on Jedi isn't some feat within itself. I really wish people would stop using that as a feat. In a verse where bounty hunters and androids can take on Jedi. If what you saw on the screen wasn't impressive adding the title Jedi doesn't change that. Cole would have murderstomped those 2 based on showings.

#10 Posted by steelhound56 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nomar said:

Taking on Jedi isn't some feat within itself. I really wish people would stop using that as a feat. In a verse where bounty hunters and androids can take on Jedi. If what you saw on the screen wasn't impressive adding the title Jedi doesn't change that. Cole would have murderstomped those 2 based on showings.

TPM (Movie) Qui Gon and Obi Wan? I'd agree with that.

And those Jedi that get "taken on" normally are your run of the mill Jedi. Beating some featless Jedi isn't something to brag about, I agree with you. But you might want to read into the EU a little bit more before writing off all Jedi based on movie showings.

Look at what happened to Jango Fett when he tried to fight Mace Windu. He was dead in less than 30 seconds.

Look at what happened to the Magnaguards when they fought Obi Wan and Anakin. They became scrap.

Obi Wan would have slaughtered Grievous in a duel had Grievous not fled the battle once he knew he was outmatched.

EU Jedi are more how I think Jedi should be portrayed. Augmenting their physical stats with the Force, they are practically superhuman, have battle precognition that allows them to constantly stay a step ahead of the average non Force sensitive opponent, trained mercenaries and bounty hunters notwithstanding.

#11 Edited by Nomar (213 posts) - - Show Bio

@steelhound56: Don't you think there is a massive problem when every single one of these topics has to have people revert to EU? It's impossible to get into a vs topic about star wars characters that doesn't invoke EU. The fact that the debaters can't see the massive discrepancy between Lucas' vision and what amounts to fanfic astounds me. Jedi in the movies are just really not that impressive when compared to a lot of super powered beings. I can't really dabble in the debate either once EU comes in because I don't care for it. So I'd just have to take their word for it and listen to hyperbolic statements and showings that do not fall in line with power scales from Lucas' works. If the Jedi are all demi gods in the EU then sure they win everything and I'll just have to accept that.