#1 Posted by DarkScarecrow (352 posts) - - Show Bio
 Darth Malgus
Obi wan Knobi
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The battle takes place on Mustafar. (Same location where Obi-wan and Anakin fought).
This is a random battle. 
Both have no morals and will not hold back. 
Win by Death only. 
Both have lightsabers.  
EU versions. Obi-wan from Episode 2. 
#2 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

Kenobi

#3 Posted by WoopDangWoobla15 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Malgus. Obi Wan at this point was owned by Dooku and Malgus is immensely more powerful than him. I think that Episode 3 Kenobi would be a better math for him.

#4 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

Kenobi. Sorseu is great.

#5 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

mmm..IDK...malgus most likely because of the power. and were only talking about obi wan during episode 2 where he was almost beat by both Jango AND dooku..sooo yaa Malgus for this battle. ill stick to it..i wish it was obi wan ep. 3 better. but its not :/

#6 Posted by ShootingNova (13013 posts) - - Show Bio

Kenobi's saber feats are superior, since Malgus has only beaten featless beings, save for Satele Shan, who wasn't in her prime, and is focused on Force power, not saber combat.

@WoopDangWoobla15 said:

Obi Wan at this point was owned by Dooku and Malgus is immensely more powerful than him.

Excuse me? Malgus is nowhere near "immensely more powerful than Dooku", In fact, he isn't more powerful than Dooku in the first place.

#7 Posted by Earthquake_2123 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

Kenobi because of what ShootingNova said. He knows more about Stars Wars, especially EU, than everyone in this thread.

#8 Edited by oceanmaster21 (6314 posts) - - Show Bio

malgus ftw

#9 Posted by Rocksmasher (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Listen fanboys... I'm aware you all love your Obi Wan Kenobi and are furiously looking up all the "feats" your idol has done in Star Wars, and quite frankly I don't know how to say this, but... Count Dooku was shit, seriously, he was a bad character, annoying and even in the comics he wasn't as good as everyone claims he is, stop trying to make Count Dooku happen, it's not going to happen. And as for Obi Wan Kenobi, despite the fact that he nearly died to Jango Fett, a bounty hunter and and lost to Count Dooku in BOTH fights, in the Attack of the Clones AND Revenge of the Sith... well I've gotta say, Obi Wan Kenobi isn't all that godly as you make him out to be, you guys are only rooting for him because he was in all the Star Wars movies, the old movies as well. The thing you're forgetting here is.... Obi Wan had no experience of fighting against Sith Lords with the power of Darth Malgus, Darth Malgus was at one with the force, becoming one of the most powerful Sith Lords to ever live, even Darth Sidious told Darth Vader about him and gave him some of his Journals while he was still teaching him.

Darth Malgus's brute strength and relentless attacks made him a difficult opponent to stop, and Satele Shan? She was saved from near death... twice. One her master saved her from getting her head chopped off in the first 10 seconds of her fight against Darth Malgus (Notice they were BOTH padawans in that fight) and twice was where she nearly had an entire lightsaber go through her chest and was saved just in time by a Republic Trooper who charged him with a grenade. Needless to say, Darth Malgus doesn't really have to be compared to scum Jedi, Jedi are way too weak to be compared to Sith.

So like I said, a real fight between Obi Wan Kenobi (In his prime) and Darth Malgus (Also in his prime) would turn out more like how this fight turned out in the SWTOR deceived trailer where he beats the shit out of that poor Jedi Grand-master, yes you read that right, that Jedi was a Grand-master, he was at the rank of Yoda and Darth Malgus slaughtered him, did you see how much control he had? The Grand-master managed to hit him in the face only once and almost immediately after he managed to get his first strike he was cut down. Darth Malgus also lift up one Jedi Knight and snapped his neck and cut down another Jedi Knight and slammed the Jedi whose neck he broke into the ground and then started unleashing a flurry of strikes against the Jedi Grand-master giving him no rest at all and no control, slamming him through concrete debris with the force and jumping 20 feet into the air and 10 seconds after he lands, he continues to unleash more fury until he stabs him in the abdomen, this my friend is what a true Sith is all about, not Count Dooku or Anakin Skywalker.

And quite frankly he is the most plausible Force Wielder out of all, I hate these overrated made up characters by fans of the Star Wars trilogy like Revan who was given automatic "OVERPOWERED FORCE ABILITIES" and "CAN NEVER LOSE TO ANYONE CUZ WE SAY SO" or Darth Sidious who can create "black holes and destroy entire planets" or Yoda whos some tiny green furball who weighs no more than 10 kgs and could easily be grabbed by his tiny neck and crushed into green pus. No no, I hate those characters, they're overrated, given too much power simply just for the sake of keeping them alive against all the other characters in the Star Wars universe so then the fanboys can continue to fanboy their idols. It's annoying, stupid and it's starting to cause Star Wars to crumble. Stop making your favorite characters "extremely overpowered" and start giving us some more realistic storylines so then we can too enjoy having our favorite characters join the story without being told "Oh no sorry, Revan one shots him with force lightening and turns him into ash sorry, you got no feats and blah blah" no. Just no. In reality, Darth Malgus is a true Sith, he went through Sith Academy, he went through 30 years of constant war, he has endured pain and loss, he has been brought up to murder and kill and feel no pain, he has such a strong allegiance to the Empire that he does not even care about the power games that go on between mere Sith Lords, he doesn't care if he dies, he doesn't want immortality, he doesn't want more power, all he wants is to see the Sith Empire take over the galaxy. That, my friends is why Darth Malgus is my favorite character, because hes the most awesome one. Not some puny Jedi like Obi Wan or some idiotic tiny skinny guy with a "cool" mask like Darth Revan who apparently lived for a thousand years and become a Jedi Master, then a Sith Lord, THEN become a Jedi Master AGAIN and then become a Sith Lord again and created his own legacy and blah blah, it hurts my head with the stupidity of it all. Just stop it guys :(

Anyway, my point is.... Darth Malgus stomps Obi Wan and Anakin Skywalker, Yoda, Mace Windu and any other idiotic Jedi whose fanboys claim their character is god-like. I'd really like to see these Jedis handle being punched through a concrete wall and have their throat strangled by some Sith Lord who is at "one with the force" and not to mention, extremely physically fit and able to lift a giant freaking tower off himself with his lungs punctured and half of his ribs broken after getting blown up with a grenade and slammed into a mountain and crawling out of it. Seriously, don't make me laugh with your puny Jedis like Yoda or Sith Lords like Darth Revan or Darth Bane... seriously, hahahaha.

#10 Posted by Intrepid37 (389 posts) - - Show Bio

Flagged the above post for trolling.

Obi-Wan should win in a goodt fight. He is quite a bit more skilled and slightly faster. Malgus' powers could win him a few but not a majority.

#11 Posted by Erkan12 (1448 posts) - - Show Bio

Obi-Wan wins.

#12 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (21276 posts) - - Show Bio

@rocksmasher: Flagged for trolling and profanity in your post.

Also, Obi-Wan should take the majority.

He is a more skilled duelist and is boasting superior speed. Malgus is more powerful in the Force, but Obi-Wan is not far behind.

Obi-Wan 7-8/10

#14 Edited by ElderStarlord117 (243 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by dondave (26572 posts) - - Show Bio

Obi Wan

#16 Posted by laflux (11045 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Earthquake_2123 (467 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Mortium (666 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, to everyone who is talking about Obi-Wan losing to Dooku, I have to say this:

Soresu(Form 3) is the style of lightsaber combat that Obi-Wan is proficient in. It is primarily a defensive form, designed to deflect and redirect blaster fire from several directions at once. In blade to blade combat it is used to defend yourself and wait for your opponent to slip up. (Obi-Wan was more proficient in offense than most Form 3 practitioners however)

Makashi(Form 2) is Count Dooku's favorite lightsaber form. It originates before blaster weapons were common, and was designed for blade to blade combat. It teaches you to conserve energy, keep your opponent at a distance, setting up your enemy, and exploiting the smallest gap in their defenses.

Obi-Wan was winning during their duel in Ep. 3, forcing Dooku to resort to a Force Choke. Anakin then beat Dooku by tapping into his anger(he used the Dark Side after Kenobi was KOed) and overwhelming Dooku's defenses with Form 5( Djem So) which focuses on strong, powerful blows and a highly aggressive style which Dooku's Makashi was not able to handle.

#19 Posted by Beam3000 (133 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkscarecrow: I love Malgus he is probably my favorite sith lord, but Kenobi got this. Kenobi is one of the most powerful jedi to live. I believe he was almost as powerful as Mace.

Dooku is more powerful than Malgus. He mainly defeated Kenobi easily because of his lightsaber style Makashi gave him the edge on penetrating Obi wan's defensive Soresu.

#20 Posted by Immortal777 (5886 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Malgus stomps

Malgus is Obi Wan's superior in fashion.

#21 Edited by Beam3000 (133 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by ImmortalOne (2846 posts) - - Show Bio

@rocksmasher: I really love how you're calling everyone else fanboys.

Anyways, in this match, Obi-Won (get it? geddit??? I'm so funny).

#23 Posted by Mortium (666 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Rocksmasher (16 posts) - - Show Bio

To those who are still claiming Obi Wan will win after my clear explanation of how Star Wars actually works.... cry more please <3

I love to watch your anger flow through you as you watch your idol get smashed and thrashed about like the little pathetic idiot he is.

#25 Edited by MDavid (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@rocksmasher:

Rocksmasher got that right you are all idiots and fanboys and haters also. Have you ever watched REAL STAR WARS or you all just fanboys only? Noone could f*ck with Darth Malgus in his prime Jedi are just too weak for him. You just can't handle the truth...I won't repeat rocksmasher's fantastic post, its great and very useful!!! read and just read it again and again!!! Hope once you will understand the whole thing. Epic post Rocksmasher!!!

#26 Edited by keithcolby1995 (72 posts) - - Show Bio

@rocksmasher said:

Listen fanboys... I'm aware you all love your Obi Wan Kenobi and are furiously looking up all the "feats" your idol has done in Star Wars, and quite frankly I don't know how to say this, but... Count Dooku was shit, seriously, he was a bad character, annoying and even in the comics he wasn't as good as everyone claims he is, stop trying to make Count Dooku happen, it's not going to happen. And as for Obi Wan Kenobi, despite the fact that he nearly died to Jango Fett, a bounty hunter and and lost to Count Dooku in BOTH fights, in the Attack of the Clones AND Revenge of the Sith... well I've gotta say, Obi Wan Kenobi isn't all that godly as you make him out to be, you guys are only rooting for him because he was in all the Star Wars movies, the old movies as well. The thing you're forgetting here is.... Obi Wan had no experience of fighting against Sith Lords with the power of Darth Malgus, Darth Malgus was at one with the force, becoming one of the most powerful Sith Lords to ever live, even Darth Sidious told Darth Vader about him and gave him some of his Journals while he was still teaching him.

Darth Malgus's brute strength and relentless attacks made him a difficult opponent to stop, and Satele Shan? She was saved from near death... twice. One her master saved her from getting her head chopped off in the first 10 seconds of her fight against Darth Malgus (Notice they were BOTH padawans in that fight) and twice was where she nearly had an entire lightsaber go through her chest and was saved just in time by a Republic Trooper who charged him with a grenade. Needless to say, Darth Malgus doesn't really have to be compared to scum Jedi, Jedi are way too weak to be compared to Sith.

So like I said, a real fight between Obi Wan Kenobi (In his prime) and Darth Malgus (Also in his prime) would turn out more like how this fight turned out in the SWTOR deceived trailer where he beats the shit out of that poor Jedi Grand-master, yes you read that right, that Jedi was a Grand-master, he was at the rank of Yoda and Darth Malgus slaughtered him, did you see how much control he had? The Grand-master managed to hit him in the face only once and almost immediately after he managed to get his first strike he was cut down. Darth Malgus also lift up one Jedi Knight and snapped his neck and cut down another Jedi Knight and slammed the Jedi whose neck he broke into the ground and then started unleashing a flurry of strikes against the Jedi Grand-master giving him no rest at all and no control, slamming him through concrete debris with the force and jumping 20 feet into the air and 10 seconds after he lands, he continues to unleash more fury until he stabs him in the abdomen, this my friend is what a true Sith is all about, not Count Dooku or Anakin Skywalker.

And quite frankly he is the most plausible Force Wielder out of all, I hate these overrated made up characters by fans of the Star Wars trilogy like Revan who was given automatic "OVERPOWERED FORCE ABILITIES" and "CAN NEVER LOSE TO ANYONE CUZ WE SAY SO" or Darth Sidious who can create "black holes and destroy entire planets" or Yoda whos some tiny green furball who weighs no more than 10 kgs and could easily be grabbed by his tiny neck and crushed into green pus. No no, I hate those characters, they're overrated, given too much power simply just for the sake of keeping them alive against all the other characters in the Star Wars universe so then the fanboys can continue to fanboy their idols. It's annoying, stupid and it's starting to cause Star Wars to crumble. Stop making your favorite characters "extremely overpowered" and start giving us some more realistic storylines so then we can too enjoy having our favorite characters join the story without being told "Oh no sorry, Revan one shots him with force lightening and turns him into ash sorry, you got no feats and blah blah" no. Just no. In reality, Darth Malgus is a true Sith, he went through Sith Academy, he went through 30 years of constant war, he has endured pain and loss, he has been brought up to murder and kill and feel no pain, he has such a strong allegiance to the Empire that he does not even care about the power games that go on between mere Sith Lords, he doesn't care if he dies, he doesn't want immortality, he doesn't want more power, all he wants is to see the Sith Empire take over the galaxy. That, my friends is why Darth Malgus is my favorite character, because hes the most awesome one. Not some puny Jedi like Obi Wan or some idiotic tiny skinny guy with a "cool" mask like Darth Revan who apparently lived for a thousand years and become a Jedi Master, then a Sith Lord, THEN become a Jedi Master AGAIN and then become a Sith Lord again and created his own legacy and blah blah, it hurts my head with the stupidity of it all. Just stop it guys :(

Anyway, my point is.... Darth Malgus stomps Obi Wan and Anakin Skywalker, Yoda, Mace Windu and any other idiotic Jedi whose fanboys claim their character is god-like. I'd really like to see these Jedis handle being punched through a concrete wall and have their throat strangled by some Sith Lord who is at "one with the force" and not to mention, extremely physically fit and able to lift a giant freaking tower off himself with his lungs punctured and half of his ribs broken after getting blown up with a grenade and slammed into a mountain and crawling out of it. Seriously, don't make me laugh with your puny Jedis like Yoda or Sith Lords like Darth Revan or Darth Bane... seriously, hahahaha.

Darth Sidious: The force is strooonng with this one. He will make a great sith by my side.

#29 Posted by xxxddd (3428 posts) - - Show Bio

@rocksmasher: Flagged for trolling and profanity in your post.

Also, Obi-Wan should take the majority.

He is a more skilled duelist and is boasting superior speed. Malgus is more powerful in the Force, but Obi-Wan is not far behind.

Obi-Wan 7-8/10

I like to add on that that Malgus is more aggressive, where as Obi Wan likes to draw things out(which could be Malgus's downfall).

#30 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (21276 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortal777 said:

Darth Malgus stomps

Malgus is Obi Wan's superior in fashion.

Not even close.

@xxxddd said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@rocksmasher: Flagged for trolling and profanity in your post.

Also, Obi-Wan should take the majority.

He is a more skilled duelist and is boasting superior speed. Malgus is more powerful in the Force, but Obi-Wan is not far behind.

Obi-Wan 7-8/10

I like to add on that that Malgus is more aggressive, where as Obi Wan likes to draw things out(which could be Malgus's downfall).

That won't help him out here at all.

#31 Posted by Beam3000 (133 posts) - - Show Bio

@mdavid said:

@rocksmasher:

Rocksmasher got that right you are all idiots and fanboys and haters also. Have you ever watched REAL STAR WARS or you all just fanboys only? Noone could f*ck with Darth Malgus in his prime Jedi are just too weak for him. You just can't handle the truth...I won't repeat rocksmasher's fantastic post, its great and very useful!!! read and just read it again and again!!! Hope once you will understand the whole thing. Epic post Rocksmasher!!!

#32 Edited by i_like_swords (7589 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling MDavid is just an account made by Rocksmasher in order to make himself look more credible. I mean, what are the chances of a new account's first post being dedicated to agreeing with this other relatively new accounts massive rant which is likely just an elaborate troll? Either way it's all pretty amusing.

#33 Edited by ShootingNova (13013 posts) - - Show Bio

I just realized this was Episode II Obi-Wan and not Episode III.

@i_like_swords said:

I have a feeling MDavid is just an account made by Rocksmasher in order to make himself look more credible. I mean, what are the chances of a new account's first post being dedicated to agreeing with this other relatively new accounts massive rant which is likely just an elaborate troll? Either way it's all pretty amusing.

Of course it is.

#34 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (10235 posts) - - Show Bio

good lord........what the hell is this.......

#35 Edited by MDavid (5 posts) - - Show Bio

No I am not him ;) You are all so funny Darth Malgus easily defeated Ven Zallow who was the leader ot the Jedi Order at that time he was Jed Grandmaster and stronger than Kenobi and you still seriously think that Obi-Wan Kenobi could defeat him? Malgus took over the Jedi Temple !!! And its known Ven Zallow was stronger than Yoda or Windu so still what you want?? Thats the joke of the century...

#36 Posted by Strikerx (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Malgus has makashi mastery like Dooku ? Or is he strong as Sidious, Windu or Yoda ? Otherwise he has no chance against Obi-Wan.

#37 Posted by MDavid (5 posts) - - Show Bio

search for Malgus ;) He is stronger than Yoda or Windu or Dooku or Sidious ;)

#38 Posted by MDavid (5 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2jjQz2fWAc

#39 Posted by Owie (3296 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm kind of undecided on this. It's true that Darach and Zallow are largely featless. However I think it's reasonable to attribute the general abilities due to their rank of Master, and Darach's as a Battlemaster. So I think Malgus's wins are not without worth. It is also true that Obi-Wan had a hard time with Jango and Dooku. And we also have to take into account that Kenobi was, for instance, able to be force-choked without being able to do anything about it by Darth Maul in Sith Hunters, which is around this time period. But we do have to take into account all his other feats as well. And I think an Episode 3 Obi Wan would be a better choice of opponent. I'm leaning towards stalemate, maybe Malgus with a slight edge. I think Obi-Wan has more proven sword skills, but I'm not sure if he is yet experienced enough to deal with Malgus's strength or his use of the force.

#40 Edited by MDavid (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@owie: Good answer but Malgus is the winner cleanly... In his prime his power and brute strength made him one of the strongest if not the strongest!!! Sith ever lived...Star Wars Episode III is just interesting how could Dooku beat Kenobi all the time easily but Kenobi has defeated Anakin and Anakin killed Dooku and Kenobi almost killed Anakin. :) And don't forget General Griveous almost defeated Kenobi too. Malgus could destroy Griveous by the force only easily... Just do some research about Darth Malgus and read his whole life history.... He killed Jedi Knights fast and easily by using the force only!!! He was far above them!!!

#41 Edited by Intrepid37 (389 posts) - - Show Bio

@shootingnova: Same, with regards to confusion between Episode II Kenobi and Episode III Kenobi.

Malgus wins easily against Episode II Kenobi.

#42 Posted by Beam3000 (133 posts) - - Show Bio

"Ven Zallow was stronger than Yoda or Windu"

Malgus is the winner cleanly... In his prime his power and brute strength made him one of the strongest if not the strongest!!! Sith ever lived..

#43 Posted by Erkan12 (1448 posts) - - Show Bio

@mdavid said:

He is stronger than Yoda or Windu or Sidious ;)

Lol.

#44 Edited by ShootingNova (13013 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL @ Ven Zallow being Grand Master. The Grand Master of that time was Zym, and was replaced by Satele Shan. What is with people yelling at others when they don't know anything about the subjects at hand?