User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Malgus as of Deceived.
  • Standard morals for both fighters.
  • Random encounter.
  • Fight takes place at the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine.
  • Start 30 feet apart.
  • Win by death or KO.

Who wins and why?

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Malgus.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malgus solidly

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malgus by a distinct majority.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Malgus pretty easily.

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malgus!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10 JediXMan  Moderator

Malgus stomps.

LpnQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ends in a darth baby.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malgus, 10/10.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@shootingnova: @jedixman: I agree that Malgus wins, but I heavily disagree with him stomping. He's never shown himself capable of stomping someone on Talon's level in any fight he's been in, and Talon has the feats to further refute the notion.

Brightsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

Wouldn't Talon take the edge in telekinesis? I thought she was something like the second/third most powerful in the One Sith, and above Darth Stryfe who could telekinetically stalemate a stronger version of Cade who pretty casually threw a large chunk of a starship.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brightsteel: I wouldn't say that necessarily adds up because Stryfe only briefly stalemated Cade, but this thread should sum up how powerful Talon is:

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/i_like_swords/blog/darth-talon-respect-thread/105115/

Brightsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

It implies parity between him and Cade tho, at least to some degree. So I figure he should be capable replicating Cade's casual feats, albeit with presumably greater effort.

Though she does have comparable Force-feats, even without powerscaling (namely her shattering the stone floor, and raising a mound taller than Cade). Her barrier should be capable of blocking/deflecting Malgus' lightning and Force-attacks, or at least dull it enough to where she can tank it with her own durability without much issue.

I'd wager that she's a better duelist to.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By ShootingNova

@i_like_swords: Hmm, it's Deceived Malgus. He won't stomp, but I'll still give him the win every time.

CIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malgus of course,lol.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brightsteel: Cade has casually ragdolled Talon on various occassions, so I doubt she's actually close to Cade with the Force. I'd wager Malgus on par or above Cade as a Force user, so he'd ragdoll her as well. I do, however, think Talon can be a challenge in a pure lightsaber duel.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: When has Cade casually ragdolled Talon? The only thing close I remember is him off-panel beating the crap out of her on the way to Krayt's throne room, and that was after a fair amount of fighting and with Cade at his absolute peak, which by the way, is beyond Deceived Malgus.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By WollfMyth209

@i_like_swords:

Cade has dominated Talon with telekinesis at least three times during his career:

There are also some other instances where Cade incaps her with only one telekinetic hit.

@i_like_swords said:

Cade at his absolute peak, which by the way, is beyond Deceived Malgus.

Peak Cade above Malgus? Not sure about that, tbh. Unless Malgus goes on a monologue and starts rambling like Krayt.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: First one is him smashing her head into stone. Second is him throwing a ship at her, not even directly attacking her. Third panel is following the first one you posted; as I said, there was a fight, Cade beat her up, then threw her at Krayt. The words casual or ragdoll can't be applied to anything you posted, much less together.

And Talon has KO'd Cade before. You're suggesting a Maul-Kenobi relationship in terms of power difference where there likely isn't one.

Cade so decisively beating Talon during War is inherit evidence of why he's better than Malgus, to say nothing of him throwing starships like tennis balls weeeell before his prime. He's also boasting more advanced Force mastery at this stage than Malgus, referring to Dark Transfer/Healing. I personally wouldn't attempt to compare Malgus to Krayt when Cade alone can probably take him.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First one is him smashing her head into stone.

By overpowering her with TK.

Third panel is following the first one you posted; as I said, there was a fight, Cade beat her up, then threw her at Krayt.

We don't know what kind of fight it was. Did it end with Cade disarming her with his lightsaber skill or just dominated her with telekinesis after a few blade clashes.

And Talon has KO'd Cade before.

A pre-prime Cade, yes.

Cade so decisively beating Talon during War is inherit evidence of why he's better than Malgus,

Not really. Malgus would beat her as decisively.

to say nothing of him throwing starships like tennis balls weeeell before his prime.

The starship feat is getting overblown, tbh. I've seen feats from Kenobi and RotJ Luke that are comparable.

He's also boasting more advanced Force mastery at this stage than Malgus, referring to Dark Transfer/Healing.

Pretty sure Malgus can heal himself. Or at the very least keep himself going through Force rage. This is the same guy who's just survived large portions of rock collapsing on him, was in fatal condition and went on to fight two Jedi and best them in combat.

I personally wouldn't attempt to compare Malgus to Krayt when Cade alone can probably take him.

The monologue part was intended as a joke. I swear, that's Krayt's stupidest moment ever.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could the OP have picked a more unattractive Talon pic? Pretty sure women's hips and stomachs aren't supposed to move that way. Talon is pretty much the epitome of the hot bad girl and that pic ruins her. :'(

On topic, I'll back Malgus in a decent fight every time. She puts up a solid fight but Malgus wins.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malgus without too much trouble.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: 1. Pushing her face into stone is something that doesn't even necessarily require being more powerful. You suggested Cade can casually ragdoll Talon, and this is why Malgus can do it ; you were wrong. Debate over.

2. And Talon wasn't pre-prime as well, even though she would have came back stronger from surviving being stabbed without medical attention? Main point being it's not something Cade has done exclusively.

3. Lol, throwing a starship hundreds of feet through the air alone is beyond Kenobi and Luke (unless I'm missing something). Add in that Cade was yet to be re-trained twice and achieved "a newfound mastery of the Force" by the end of the series.. sorry, it's not happening.

3. I don't care if Malgus can take punishment and keep going through being angry (and with the aid of his armor), that's something all Sith are trained to do. Let me know when Malgus can casually heal stab wounds in seconds, bring people back from the brink of death, destroy Ancient Sith talismans with Shatterpoint or kill powerful Force users with a touch.

4. Explain to me why you think Cade's feats transfer over to Malgus. I'm kind of lost how to that one works, given that Cade's feats are better, he's beaten better opponents than Malgus has with more ease, and that there's virtually no connection between them you can make due to the era difference.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonnate: Only saying it because Star Wars debates are notorious for being dragged out well past their expiration date. Conceding on behalf of your opponent works a charm.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

....yeah, I read virtually every Rebellion era Luke appearence, and none of his TK feats match Cade's.

On topic though, could go either way.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malgus decisively every time, in any category, but I suspect Talon can provide a challenge.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly if we're taking full scaling into account Talon wrecks here.

SithRevenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kek. No she doesn't, she got repeatedly man-handled by Cade and is repeatedly beaten back with TK by Jedi far lesser than Cade. Malgus takes it every time.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That makes those Jedi strong. Not Talon weak. Cade would stomp Malgus also.

SithRevenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a ridiculous line of logic. Malgus has feats of bulldozing all of the best duelists of his era until the Hero, who outright states Malgus' form was perfect. Malgus didn't lose due to skill, he just wasn't as patient as the best duelist in TOR until Arcann turns up.

Talon has nothing on the Hero of Tython who has soundly defeated Warren Sedoru and Tol Braga in duels prior to this, the two best warriors of the Jedi Order.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who outright states Malgus' form was perfect.

Galen Marek had "nearly perfected lightsaber combat" by the beginning of TFU, where he struggled with Rahm Kota and Kazdan Paratus. Note that this comes from an objective source, and isn't a character opinion.

Consider me unimpressed.

fairtrade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malgus stomps, obviously.

Avatar image for in-sidiousvader
In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Talon

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By dark-sith123

Probably gonna go with Talon, though only a comprehensive case would set my view in stone.

SithRevenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SithRevenant

@dark-sith123: Yes, nearly perfected it after a decade of intense training under Vader. Nearly perfecting lightsaber combat, and actually perfecting lightsaber combat, aren't the same thing. Like, at all.

Given the Hero is the second best duelist in TOR behind Arcann until after Valk's boons, he's got more than enough authority to recognise when he can't win a duel.

Pre-Decieved Malgus is recognised as having unreplicated feats as a warrior on the battlefield by Darth Sidious himself. His abilities in combat doubled after this point. Hence why he's stated to be one of the most powerful Sith the Republic ever knew.

Hope_w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Hope_w

Tbh Malgus stomps a good 7-8/10, no cap

Brookvan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Malgus

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cade would absolutely stomp Malgus lol

Probably Talon.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either way.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would be willing to hear any arguments for Malgus that aren't straight garbo

Vitisid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Talon.

Hope_w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scaling is the only way I see Talon winning tbh.