darth malgus vs darth revan

• 88 results
Fallen548

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Round 1: Revan. Even weakened and drugged he deflected lightning from a Dark Council member in her prime and turned her to ash.

Round 2: Malgus. Once he starts raging Revan won't be able to stop him. Revan my be a superior swordsman but Malgus will probably tank certain attacks if they give him a direct shot at Revans vitals

Round 3: 50-50. Malgus is monstorously strong physically and his Force power isn't anything to scoff at, Revan has more skill and his mastery with the Force is nothing short of awe inspiring. If Malgus starts a rampage Revan will just use the Force to keep Malgus at a distance to plan the battle out, though Malgus was able to take several steps when being blown back by Sateles Force Push with sheer physical and will power. It would be an incredible battle no matter which way it goes.

Avatar image for the_last_kryptonian
the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallen548:

Round 1: Revan. Even weakened and drugged he deflected lightning from a Dark Council member in her prime and turned her to ash.

Scans?

Fallen548

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Fallen548

@fallen548:

Scans?

No Caption Provided

It's in the novel "Revan". I couldn't find a screenshot of that part of the book so I had to use the wiki. When I have a chance though I'll send you the screenshot from the book

Anywho he had been imprisoned in her palace for a few years, constantly being drugged to keep him from using his Force abilities. Even so he easily overpowered Nyriss after she'd just beat down the Exile and Lord Scourge with literally no difficulty.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Malgus is badass

Avatar image for the_last_kryptonian
the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_last_kryptonian said:

@fallen548:

Scans?

No Caption Provided

It's in the novel "Revan". I couldn't find a screenshot of that part of the book so I had to use the wiki. When I have a chance though I'll send you the screenshot from the book

Anywho he had been imprisoned in her palace for a few years, constantly being drugged to keep him from using his Force abilities. Even so he easily overpowered Nyriss after she'd just beat down the Exile and Lord Scourge with literally no difficulty.

It seems as though this is not so much as impressive feat of Revan's own power, but his skill with the force and adeptness in Tutaminis. He didn't "overpower" her. He absorbed her lightning and redirected it at her. I'd assume she was so shocked by what he'd done she hadn't thought to defend against it.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malgus

Fallen548

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Fallen548

@fallen548 said:

@fallen548:

Scans?

No Caption Provided

It seems as though this is not so much as impressive feat of Revan's own power, but his skill with the force and adeptness in Tutaminis. He didn't "overpower" her. He absorbed her lightning and redirected it at her. I'd assume she was so shocked by what he'd done she hadn't thought to defend against it.

Oh I agree that it was due to his skills as well as his ability with Tutaminis but the fact that he'd be able to pull it off on a very powerful Dark Side user, when the day before he was barely able to sense people on the other side of the door to his cell, speaks volumes about how strong he is at full power as well. I like Malgus, he's easily in my top 5 favorite Sith, but he doesn't have the control, skill, or power Revan has with the Force. Malgus is only able to use the Dark Side since that's all he was taught to use. Revan has played both sides of the Force, and because of that his skill and power with it is greater than Malgus' ability with it. Malgus would easily dominate in saber combat though. In the final battle I honestly can't see who'd win, though they'd probably do a ton of damage to the area they're fighting in.

The_New_Sentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

While I agree with much of what has been said so far about Malgus's abilities I disagree with what has been said about Revan's lack of power. First off his force abilities were nothing short of legendary. His tutamanis is insane as stated before, and despite what you might think all of the force abilities under Revan's disposal in the game were canon. This is shown by his spontaneous learning of these powers. Since he had no constant teacher he must of remembered them from his time as a Sith Lord. Not mentioning the His saber skills I'll admit are not on the caliber of his force powers, but that would be very difficult to do anyways. But the fact is he was a very accomplished duelist perhaps not quite on Malgus's level but still very impressive. It has been stated that he was Malak's equal in lightsaber combat and that by itself speaks levels as Malak was one of the best duelists of his era. Anyways Revan (these styles are stated from observation but are his most likely styles) had mastered a variant of form 4 Ataru that did not involve jumps, roles, or flips, this technique was also used by well known Jedi Qui-Gon Jinn, another form he mastered was form 5 Shien (note this form is geared toward blast defection and is not too important to this fight.) due to his mastery of Shien he most likely had some skill with djjem so the other variant of form 5, and finally he extremely skilled with Jar Kai dual blade fencing as shown by his fight with the Sith Strike team. (His skill with Jar Kai is probably greater than Malgus's) Now note that Revan's lightsaber style was heavily geared towards attack and offers only moderate defense.

In the first battle Revan should take it with little difficulty

The second battle Malgus should take after a good but not terribly long duel.

In the final battle I'd have to say Revan: This is due to his extreme skill with the force, His greater force sensitivity, and him being able to at least stall Malgus in order to give himself time to use his force powers.

P.S.: Really I'd say Revan is at least an 8, with 10 being his max. I mean his not Sidious level but I'd say he could beat yoda if he uses his brain.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By ShootingNova

Revan is not beating Yoda. He might be comparable in raw power, and rivals him in Force knowledge, but he is vastly outclassed physically and with a blade.

The_New_Sentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By The_New_Sentry

@shootingnova: As i said Revan could beat him if he used his head. And since Revan is the tactical genius who won the Mandalorian war and nearly beat the Republic there is a high likely hood of that. Also I don't think yoda outclasses Revan in phy. Stats. In Yoda's words "When you get to be 900 years old look so good you will not." (Unless your a time lord of course) Another thing Yoda heavily favors Ataru and since by observation Revan mastered that form he might be able to match him for a while. You know maybe I should make a new Yoda Vs. Revan thread.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_new_sentry: Winning a war =/= winning a duel.

Yes, Yoda outclasses him in stats. His prime was not RotJ, it was in RotS, when his physical feats were vastly greater than Revan's. The end.

Revan knowing Ataru doesn't give him any sort of edge. Yoda knows all the forms as well.

The_New_Sentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: I was just using the wars as an example for Revan's tactical intelligence. The guy is an expert at finding weaknesses and strengths.

Honestly I don't know about any phys. Stats for jedi. It's really hard to pin down with their heavy reliance on force augmentation. Yoda especially. I mean he is still 880 years old in ROTS it's a miracle he's even able to walk much less use the force like he does. I seriously doubt he'd be able to do what he does without the force. And there is the fact that Revan is very proficient with force speed and force sense as well.

You have me on the saber forms though. Although I still think Revan would be able to hold Yoda off long enough to use force powers.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_new_sentry: War is not translatable to duels.

Yoda has encased himself in the light of his blade, contending with Palpatine, who is faster than Revan can see, and so on. He is vastly faster than Revan is.

LiquidNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Malgus

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquidnazo: You are still here? I thought you were dead or somethin...

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan for Round 1 and Malgus for the other 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bfd5d714c687
deactivated-5bfd5d714c687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan would win 1 and 3. 2nd one could go either way imo.

lukas12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By lukas12
  1. Revan
  2. Malgus
  3. Revan
LiquidNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Malgus was the only real competition to Darth Vitiate.

LiquidNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_new_sentry: Revan is absolutely nothing to Yoda. He will never be at that level

You're talking Demi-God Tier Fighters now

Grand Master Luke

Sidious

Yoda

Mace

It goes no further then them after that it's literally deity level powers.

The_New_Sentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquidnazo: that's going a bit far. Star Wars characters aren't really on that level at all. Well with the possible exceptions of the Skywalkers, the Ones, Garen Malek and his clones,; and Sideous but that's it. Sure they can achieve stupefying feats otherwise but only with technology. But anyways Yoda would not trump Revan as easily as you think. I mean sure he has like a 60/40 chance of winning but it would be a good fight.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Revan

Round 2: Could go either way. I see Malgus as more of an aggressive brute while Revan as a precognition-reliant/technical duelist. Both have different dueling specializations, so it's hard to say.

Round 3: Revan

Also, there seems to be a lot of misinformation on this thread about Star Wars...

LiquidNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By LiquidNazo

@the_new_sentry: No Yoda stomps Revan... hard. Yoda fought the Sidious and took his lightning and brushed it off and got right back up. So far the only person in the entire Starwars history to be able to do that. Even Luke couldn't handle that type of power.

Revan was raped multiple times by the emperor and out of him and malgus neither of them comes close to Sidious speed or Mace Vaapad speed. Even Anakin and Obi wan are leagues above them.

Yoda, Mace, and Sidious react at lightspeed and seem as if they are fading out of existence because they move so fast.

When Obi Wan fought Anakin they both surpassed Dooku and started reacting at sub-lightspeed.

Sidious lightning obliterated an army, so has Starkiller he's just a Younger version of Sidious.. Luke twin.

They aren't even close to Darth Mauls level yet

Revan is impossible over hyped. He has a great Variety don't get me wrong... but the Emperor sodomized him horribly.

In other words Yoda would do this.

No Caption Provided

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallen548:

Scans?

Keep in mind ... Revan was being drugged for two years before this point:

No Caption Provided

aaronx20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By aaronx20

If you think Malgus wins you have NO knowledge of SW whatsoever. Reven is a force god, he can't be beat. He has lived thousands of years and ALMOST defeated Vitiate himself and was even considered worthy by him, Malgus wouldn't even step a single foot in the throne room of the Emperor! Revan has also acquired many holocrons and traveled across the galaxy learning ancient sith and Jedi secrets, hes also so powerful, his will can't ever be bent to The Darth side which is why he is still grey. He even had a whole RELIGION/ORDER devoted to him called the Revanchists.

Revan god STOMPS Malgus and then laughs how easy it was, all rounds. Malgus is overrated , he has no impressive feats. Even the likes of Maul could take down Malgus.

Even In The Clone WARS, he was going to be a FORCE GHOST and speak to Yoda but they took the frickin clip out of the show...smh

Revan would freaking DESTROY ugly Malgus!!!

PenguinLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By PenguinLover

@aaronx20:

If you think Malgus wins you have NO knowledge of SW whatsoever. Reven is a force god, he can't be beat. He has lived thousands of years and ALMOST defeated Vitiate himself and was even considered worthy by him, Malgus wouldn't even step a single foot in the throne room of the Emperor! Revan has also acquired many holocrons and traveled across the galaxy learning ancient sith and Jedi secrets, hes also so powerful, his will can't ever be bent to The Darth side which is why he is still grey. He even had a whole RELIGION/ORDER devoted to him called the Revanchists.

Revan god STOMPS Malgus and then laughs how easy it was, all rounds. Malgus is overrated , he has no impressive feats. Even the likes of Maul could take down Malgus.

Even In The Clone WARS, he was going to be a FORCE GHOST and speak to Yoda but they took the frickin clip out of the show...smh

Revan would freaking DESTROY ugly Malgus!!!

No Caption Provided

I can't even...

So Yoda, Sidious, Luke, The Ones, Mace Windu, Anakin, Vitiate, the Bedlam Spirits, Vader, Count Dooku, etc can't beat Revan? Okay then.

OT...

R1;: Tough fight but Revan edges Malgus out in ability and overall power.

R2: Malgus in a good fight.

R3: Could go either way but backing Revan for a majority.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Necromancer76

@penguinlover: It’s his first post he gets a freebie.

Although tbh... I thought the Revan Radicals were gone for good, but I guess not -__-

As for the original thread: Revan, Malgus, Revan respectively.

PenguinLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By PenguinLover

@necromancer76 said:

@penguinlover: It’s his first post he gets a freebie.

Although tbh... I thought the Revan Radicals were gone for good, but I guess not -__-

Hopefully it’ll be a wake-up call. Not sure I can take another wave of them.

aaron15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By aaron15

@penguinlover:

''So Yoda, Sidious, Luke, The Ones, Mace Windu, Anakin, Vitiate, the Bedlam Spirits, Vader, Count Dooku''

Anakin? You think a young arrogant stupid jedi knight that almost died because of a high ground could take down Revan? Lol that makes no sense. Anakin was only about 22 or 23 before his transformation to Vader, Revan had way more years of experience.

Also Vader couldn't even beat an old Obi Wan who didn't fight in decades, i'm pretty sure Revan can take him.

Luke Skywalker died from one astral projection and could hardly beat his weak ass nephew who wasn't even a full sith master yet, this is CANON, i'm not talking about those ridiculous non canon legend books that make Luke look like a god. Not to mention, Grandmaster Luke according to the movies, was a weak old fat man who couldn't even stop his nephew from murdering his whole temple. Wow what a guy.

Mace Windu cried like a baby when he lost one single hand and then electrocuted out of a window. Meanwhile, Revan took a thousand or so years of torture from the most powerful force wielder at his time, and he shook it off like it was nothing..

No one can beat the Ones or Bedlam Spirits, whats the point of bringing up omnipotent characters?

Vitiate almost lost to a weak drugged Revan that just came out of years of torture, i'm pretty sure Revan at full power and physicallity can beat him.

As for Yoda, well in The Clone Wars series, he was going to talk to the FORCE GHOST Of Revan and apparently Revan was going to give him advice he needed to know, so obviously this proves even Yoda respected Revan and needed his knowledge. In a fight, it could go either ways

Sidious is a non factor here since he lost by getting thrown off a balcony and couldn't sense his own apprentice who was right behind him

No way could Malgus go toe to toe with the Emperor . That alone proves Revan would win. Revan knocked Vitiate back with a force push and almost defeated him, this was AFTER he was drugged and tortured for years, once again its impossible for the likes of Malgus to compete with that. Revan stomps Malgus all rounds. Also Malgus is a offensive fighter who can't control his anger and charges into battle, Revan is a calm collected fighter that knows both Jedi and Sith combat styles and has nearly took down entire empires with enough prep time, Malgus would be destroyed by Revan, lets be honest. All 3 rounds, i'm giving this to Revan, easily at that.

Also yes MAUL can stomp Malgus also.

Also does Malgus have a religion that span over hundreds of years that worshipped him even after his death and killed thousands in his name? Nope I don't think so

GoofTheFloof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan fanboys make me sick, anyway

R1: Revan stomps

R2: Malgus stomps

R3; Revan in a good fight

PenguinLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aaron15: I don't know whether I find it pitiful or just embarrassing that after four months you still don't know anything about the characters you're trying to discredit. I think what's even worse is that you don't even know how long Revan was kept in captivity for - 300 years, not a millennia. In any case, if you can't even look up anything about the characters you're talking about or insulting (seriously, insulting fictional characters?) then nothing I say will make a difference.

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aaron15 said:

As for Yoda, well in The Clone Wars series, he was going to talk to the FORCE GHOST Of Revan and apparently Revan was going to give him advice he needed to know, so obviously this proves even Yoda respected Revan and needed his knowledge. In a fight, it could go either ways

And Sidious respected Malgus. It doesn't make them comparable.

Avatar image for deactivated-6249a821a8c64
deactivated-6249a821a8c64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan takes round one and three, not sure about round two.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Necromancer76

I'd imagine the OP meant Prime Revan or at least SoR Revan so:

Revan stomps

Revan wins

Revan stomps

Now Darth Revan would be a different outcome.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penguinlover: He actually said Sidious is a non-factor so I, as a Revan fan, say that this guy knows close to nothing about Star Wars.

TheRevaniter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beyond late to this thread but since im here already might as well give my opinion

R1 Assuming this is prime revan he should take it, not a stomp but not hard, in SOR he was able to easily launch back the likes of darth marr and satele shan but they had likly not set up force shields or anything so yea. i currently dont remember any of revans force lightning feats but i think it is comparable to malgus's. malgus's is no slouch with the force either he was shown in decived that he easily is able to throw around jedi masters with the force and with his force lightning he has forced a sith lord to beg for him to kill him so its not far off but i give it to revan like 7-9 / 10

R2 In sabers this round is much closer for malgus in the cinamatic where he and his master fight satele and her master he fights satele and pretty easily subdos her then he goes on to fight her master who though is featless malgus was still only an apprecitnce and he was a master so i think it is a ok feat. Then in the hope tralier he fought satele again and won in sabers but lost in the force and had a mountain brought down on him but i am pretty sure after that he went on to fight 2 jedi masters and won so that is a nice feat. For revan he went on to duel malak who was said to be a better dulist(though i dont personally believe that) and came out on top and in SOR he was able to fight the player, satele, marr, a few blaster people and though he did lose and most of the charetors are featless he still held his own for a while, and raven is stated to have been a very smart duelist and stragist which would give him a nice edge. so with that i think i would call this a tie.

so with of there feats laid out i will not make this part to long but in my opinion revan would win between 6-8/10

so i think the battle would play out like this revan would engage in sabers and they would be relatively even so revan would use his smarts and force to allow him to win.(this was a huge over simpifacation and would prob play out differently and would last a lot longer)

Avatar image for redsithdisciple
RedSithDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malgus