#1 Posted by Nightflash (713 posts) - - Show Bio

round 1 force only round 2 lightsaber only round 3 lightsaber and force

#2 Posted by JediWaffles (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Revan takes all rounds.

In terms of pure Force-wielding, Revan easily wins. Revan was recognized as one of, if not THE, strongest force-wielder of his time, whereas Malgus, though strong himself, relied mostly on brute strength to power over his opponents. Revan's combined strength and skill leads him to easily take the first round.

In the second round, Malgus' Jar'kai may prove to be his undoing. Revan was known for his sense of precognition in battles, allowing to anticipate his opponent's moves. Revan could easily anticipate Malgus' attack, and then strike back. Malgus' swordfighting technique has a considerable lack of defense, which Revan could exploit. Also, Revan himself is an extremely skilled swordsman.

The third round shouldn't be much different from the first two, leading to yet another win for Revan.

#3 Posted by gingerpenny (875 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nightflash: Revan on all
#4 Posted by JediXMan (29286 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to say:

1. Revan

2. Malgus

3. Revan

Revan's lightsaber skills didn't impress me.

#5 Posted by steelhound56 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with JediXman.

Revan has a very potent command of the Force.

While Malgus has some impressive feats of his own, Revan slightly edges him in overall versatility and raw Force power

Malgus slaughters Revan in a lightsaber duel.

Malgus was good enough to kill The Temple swordmaster in The Sack of Coruscant, and killed a Jedi Master who displayed prodigious skill with a lightsaber in The Fall of Korriban. Satele Shan was twice at his mercy in lightsaber combat, and twice she was saved by an outside party. Revan never really impressed me with his lightsaber showings.

In an all out fight, Revan wins due to his more versatile and potent command of the Force

#6 Posted by JediWaffles (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@steelhound56 said:

I agree with JediXman.

Revan has a very potent command of the Force.

While Malgus has some impressive feats of his own, Revan slightly edges him in overall versatility and raw Force power

Malgus slaughters Revan in a lightsaber duel.

Malgus was good enough to kill The Temple swordmaster in The Sack of Coruscant, and killed a Jedi Master who displayed prodigious skill with a lightsaber in The Fall of Korriban. Satele Shan was twice at his mercy in lightsaber combat, and twice she was saved by an outside party. Revan never really impressed me with his lightsaber showings.

In an all out fight, Revan wins due to his more versatile and potent command of the Force

Malgus slaughters Revan? I don't think so. Malgus, in terms of pure power, wins easily, but Revan himself was an extremely skilled and smart fighter, which is why i say he takes out Malgus. Malgus' form of fighting is an all-out, all-or-nothing form, which i think Revan is skilled enough to exploit, taking the win.

#7 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

I'm going to say:

1. Revan

2. Malgus

3. Revan

Revan's lightsaber skills didn't impress me.

#8 Posted by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediWaffles said:

Darth Revan takes all rounds.

In terms of pure Force-wielding, Revan easily wins. Revan was recognized as one of, if not THE, strongest force-wielder of his time, whereas Malgus, though strong himself, relied mostly on brute strength to power over his opponents. Revan's combined strength and skill leads him to easily take the first round.

In the second round, Malgus' Jar'kai may prove to be his undoing. Revan was known for his sense of precognition in battles, allowing to anticipate his opponent's moves. Revan could easily anticipate Malgus' attack, and then strike back. Malgus' swordfighting technique has a considerable lack of defense, which Revan could exploit. Also, Revan himself is an extremely skilled swordsman.

The third round shouldn't be much different from the first two, leading to yet another win for Revan.

I really don't see how this is true.

Malgus has shown superior lightsaber feats, Malgus has lack of defense in his style due to him always attacking, Revan has yet to survive such a barrage, Malgus is a lot stronger physically.

He has shown Force Feats that should be enough for him to fight around Revan's level, in the overall round, I might say Malgus takes it.

#9 Posted by JediWaffles (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@JediWaffles said:

Darth Revan takes all rounds.

In terms of pure Force-wielding, Revan easily wins. Revan was recognized as one of, if not THE, strongest force-wielder of his time, whereas Malgus, though strong himself, relied mostly on brute strength to power over his opponents. Revan's combined strength and skill leads him to easily take the first round.

In the second round, Malgus' Jar'kai may prove to be his undoing. Revan was known for his sense of precognition in battles, allowing to anticipate his opponent's moves. Revan could easily anticipate Malgus' attack, and then strike back. Malgus' swordfighting technique has a considerable lack of defense, which Revan could exploit. Also, Revan himself is an extremely skilled swordsman.

The third round shouldn't be much different from the first two, leading to yet another win for Revan.

I really don't see how this is true.

Malgus has shown superior lightsaber feats, Malgus has lack of defense in his style due to him always attacking, Revan has yet to survive such a barrage, Malgus is a lot stronger physically.

He has shown Force Feats that should be enough for him to fight around Revan's level, in the overall round, I might say Malgus takes it.

I haven't seen much force feats of Malgus that would put him on par with Revan, but i'll look into it. Why the sudden resurrection of this thread though? Lol

#10 Posted by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediWaffles said:

@ShootingNova said:

@JediWaffles said:

Darth Revan takes all rounds.

In terms of pure Force-wielding, Revan easily wins. Revan was recognized as one of, if not THE, strongest force-wielder of his time, whereas Malgus, though strong himself, relied mostly on brute strength to power over his opponents. Revan's combined strength and skill leads him to easily take the first round.

In the second round, Malgus' Jar'kai may prove to be his undoing. Revan was known for his sense of precognition in battles, allowing to anticipate his opponent's moves. Revan could easily anticipate Malgus' attack, and then strike back. Malgus' swordfighting technique has a considerable lack of defense, which Revan could exploit. Also, Revan himself is an extremely skilled swordsman.

The third round shouldn't be much different from the first two, leading to yet another win for Revan.

I really don't see how this is true.

Malgus has shown superior lightsaber feats, Malgus has lack of defense in his style due to him always attacking, Revan has yet to survive such a barrage, Malgus is a lot stronger physically.

He has shown Force Feats that should be enough for him to fight around Revan's level, in the overall round, I might say Malgus takes it.

I haven't seen much force feats of Malgus that would put him on par with Revan, but i'll look into it. Why the sudden resurrection of this thread though? Lol

No idea lol. But Malgus' force scream broke several pillars, he shrugged off Force Lightning from a Sith Lord effortlessly and then used Force Lightning on that same lord to the extent that that lord, Adraas, begged Malgus to kill him. Malgus has used powerful versions of Force Wave, Force Lightning, and Force Choke, so he isn't out of this yet.

#11 Posted by JediWaffles (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@JediWaffles said:

@ShootingNova said:

@JediWaffles said:

Darth Revan takes all rounds.

In terms of pure Force-wielding, Revan easily wins. Revan was recognized as one of, if not THE, strongest force-wielder of his time, whereas Malgus, though strong himself, relied mostly on brute strength to power over his opponents. Revan's combined strength and skill leads him to easily take the first round.

In the second round, Malgus' Jar'kai may prove to be his undoing. Revan was known for his sense of precognition in battles, allowing to anticipate his opponent's moves. Revan could easily anticipate Malgus' attack, and then strike back. Malgus' swordfighting technique has a considerable lack of defense, which Revan could exploit. Also, Revan himself is an extremely skilled swordsman.

The third round shouldn't be much different from the first two, leading to yet another win for Revan.

I really don't see how this is true.

Malgus has shown superior lightsaber feats, Malgus has lack of defense in his style due to him always attacking, Revan has yet to survive such a barrage, Malgus is a lot stronger physically.

He has shown Force Feats that should be enough for him to fight around Revan's level, in the overall round, I might say Malgus takes it.

I haven't seen much force feats of Malgus that would put him on par with Revan, but i'll look into it. Why the sudden resurrection of this thread though? Lol

No idea lol. But Malgus' force scream broke several pillars, he shrugged off Force Lightning from a Sith Lord effortlessly and then used Force Lightning on that same lord to the extent that that lord, Adraas, begged Malgus to kill him. Malgus has used powerful versions of Force Wave, Force Lightning, and Force Choke, so he isn't out of this yet.

Hmm what seems to be the deal-breaker here is his resistance to the Force, rather than his use of it. If he can shrug off attacks from Revan, he might take it. I'll go dig around for more feats for Malgus.

#12 Posted by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediWaffles said:

@ShootingNova said:

@JediWaffles said:

@ShootingNova said:

@JediWaffles said:

Darth Revan takes all rounds.

In terms of pure Force-wielding, Revan easily wins. Revan was recognized as one of, if not THE, strongest force-wielder of his time, whereas Malgus, though strong himself, relied mostly on brute strength to power over his opponents. Revan's combined strength and skill leads him to easily take the first round.

In the second round, Malgus' Jar'kai may prove to be his undoing. Revan was known for his sense of precognition in battles, allowing to anticipate his opponent's moves. Revan could easily anticipate Malgus' attack, and then strike back. Malgus' swordfighting technique has a considerable lack of defense, which Revan could exploit. Also, Revan himself is an extremely skilled swordsman.

The third round shouldn't be much different from the first two, leading to yet another win for Revan.

I really don't see how this is true.

Malgus has shown superior lightsaber feats, Malgus has lack of defense in his style due to him always attacking, Revan has yet to survive such a barrage, Malgus is a lot stronger physically.

He has shown Force Feats that should be enough for him to fight around Revan's level, in the overall round, I might say Malgus takes it.

I haven't seen much force feats of Malgus that would put him on par with Revan, but i'll look into it. Why the sudden resurrection of this thread though? Lol

No idea lol. But Malgus' force scream broke several pillars, he shrugged off Force Lightning from a Sith Lord effortlessly and then used Force Lightning on that same lord to the extent that that lord, Adraas, begged Malgus to kill him. Malgus has used powerful versions of Force Wave, Force Lightning, and Force Choke, so he isn't out of this yet.

Hmm what seems to be the deal-breaker here is his resistance to the Force, rather than his use of it. If he can shrug off attacks from Revan, he might take it. I'll go dig around for more feats for Malgus.

Well, he certainly doesn't take all rounds (Revan I'm saying).

#13 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (4987 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediWaffles said:

I'll go dig around for more feats for Malgus.

All quotes were taken from the Deceived novel by Paul S. Kemp

The last word hung in the air, frozen in time, as Malgus drew on the Force and augmented his speed. The hilt of his lightsaber filled his hand and its red line split the air. He crosscut the guard before him, putting a black canyon in his chest, continued the swing through the guard on his left, and with his left hand used a blast of power to drive the third guard into the Temple wall hard enough to crush bones and kill him.

Page 23

Malgus felt the sudden surge of terror in the two soldiers up on the ledge to his left, felt them take aim in sweaty hands, start to squeeze triggers. He flung his lightsaber at them, guided it with the Force in a flickering red arc that cut both of them down, then recalled the blade to his hand. He deactivated it and hunt it from his belt.

Page 24

Malgus, nested deeply in the Force, perceived the dozens of bolts and their trajectory with perfect clarity. Without breaking stride he whipped his blade left, right, angled it ten degrees, and turned three bolts back on the soldiers who'd fired them, killing all three.

Page 31

Malgus augmented his strength with the Force, took a two-handed grip on his blade, and unleashed an overhand slash designed to split the Jedi in half. The Jedi sidestepped the blow and crosscut with his blue blade at Malgus throat. Malgus got his blade up in time, parried, and slammed a kick into the Jedi's mid-section. The blow folded the Jedi in half, sent him reeling backward five paces. Malgus leapt into the air, flipped, landed behind him, and drove his blade through the Jedi.

Page 32

Malgus drew on the Force and with a blast of power drove the Padawan across the hall and into one of the towering columns of stone, where she collapsed, blood leaking from her nose.

Page 32

Malgus, not to be outdone, picked a Jedi Knight at random, a human female ten meters away, held forth his left hand, and discharged veins of blue lightning from his finger tips. The jagged lines of energy cut a swath through the battle, harvesting two Padawans as they went, until they caught up to the Jedi Knight and lifted her off her feet.
She screamed as the lightning ripped into her, her flesh made temporarily translucent from the dark power coursing through her. Malgus savored her pain as she died.

Page 32-33

Before he could locate the Jedi Master, three more Jedi swarmed him. He parried the chop of a human male, leapt over the low slash of an orange-skinned Togruta female, severed the hand of the third, a female human, disarming her, then grabbed her by the throat with his free hand and slammed her into the floor with his Force-enhanced strength.
"Alara!" said the human male.
Leaping high over the male's cross-slash, Malgus landed behind the Togruta, who parried his ligthsaber strike but could not defend herself against the Force blast that sent her skidding across the hall and into a pile of rubble.
He ducked under a slash from the male, lunged forward, and took the Jedi by the throat. He lifted him from his feet and held him suspended in the air, gagging. The Jedi's brown eyes showed no fear, but did show pain. Malgus roared, squeezed hard, then dropped the body and stood over it, blade at his side, breath coming hard.

The fight against Jedi Master Zallow plays out in the book real similar to the Video in the Deceived trailer. So I'll just post highlights of Malgus.

Page 33-34

Anger refilled him, overcame him. A shout of hate, raw and jagged, burst from his throat. Power went with it, shattering a nearby column and sending a rain of stone shards through the room.

Page 34

Another Jedi stepped in front of him, blue blade held high. Malgus barely saw him. He simply extended a hand, pushed through the Jedi's insufficient defense, seized his throat with the Force, and choked him to death. Tossing the body aside, he moved towards Zallow.

Page 34-35

Malgus spun into a high, Force-augmented kick that hit Zallow in the chest and sent him flying backward ten meters.

Page 35

Malgus, burning with hate, flung his lightsaber at Zallow. He guided its trajectory with the Force, and it spun a sizzling path through the air as Zallow's neck. But Zallow, riding the momentum of his attack on the second Sith, leapt into the air and over the blade.
While Zallow was still in the air, Malgus unleashed a blast of energy that caught the Jedi unprepared and send him crashing downward into a pile of rubble.
Malgus did not hesitate. He mounted the column of his anger, shouting with hate, and leapt twenty meters into the air toward Zallow. Mid-jump, he used the Force to recall his blade to his hand, took a reverse two-handed grip, and prepared to pin Zallow to the Temple floor.

Page 35-36

Seeing an opening, Zallow stepped forward and crosscut for Malgus throat.
As Malgus knew he would.
Malgus turned his blade vertical to parry the blow and spun out of the blade lock. Reversing his lightsaber during the spin, he rode it into a stab that pierced Zallow's abdomen and came out of the other side.

Page 36

When the crowd did not respond to his demand, he slammed a fit into his palm and let anger-fueled power explode outward from his body. Screams sounded as the blast shoved everything away from him in all directions.
Bodies flew backward, slammed into one another, into the walls, against and through windows. The transport he'd rode in on lurched from the blast. The doors of the medical facility flew from their mounts and crashed to the ground.

Page 90

A ROAR, heavy with hate and rage, pulled Aryn's eyes skyward. Malgus descended like a meteor. (Jumped from his ship 50 meters high)

Page 201

Aryn fell fully into the force, raised her defenses, took a fighting stance, and parried Malgus's two-handed overhand slash. Still, he landed in a cocoon of power, hitting the ground in an explosion of might that shattered the stones around them and turned them into a hail f shrapnel.

Page 201

The force of the Sith's blow made her arms quiver.

Page 201

When she landed atop a large chunk of stone ten meters from the Sith, he made a cutting gesture with his free hand and two pieces of statuary rose from the rubble and rushed toward her from either side. She leapt into the air and they smashed into each other beneath her, sparying shards of rock.

Page 202

Taking telekinetic hold of a large stone near Malgus, she flung it at him. He never moved, simply held his ground and split the incoming rock in two with his lightsaber.

Page 202

She was unready for the blow. The Force-augmented impact exploded a spark of shower in her brain and sent her cartwheeling away from Malgus; she slammed into a rock and landed on her side ten meters away.

Page 204

the Sith slapped aside Aryn's Force-hold on the blade and snatched it out of the air, as quick as a sand viper.

Page 205

THE PURE HATE and raw rage poring off Malgus struck Aryn like a physical blow. She braced herslef against it as she might a hailstorm. She realized how strongly he felt for the Twi'lek, how he sublimated all of his emotions for her into hate and rage.

Page 228

Malgus bounced up from the somersault and loosed a telekinetic blast that lifted Aryn from her feet and blew her across the hanger. She slammed into one of the shuttle's bulkheads, but she used the Force to cushion the blow.

Page 230

Malgu's strength drove her to her knees.

Page 230

The strength behind the blow blew through her defenses, caused her to see stars, loosed teeth, and sent her head over heels backward. She landed on her knees, stunned, seeing double.

Page 231

As Aryn prepared to leap at Malgus, he held forth a hand, almost casually, and lightning sizzled through the space between them. Aryn interposed her lightsabers, but the power in the lightning exceeded anything she had felt from Malgus before. It blasted through her defenses and both lightsabers flew from her hands. The lightning seized her, lifted her up, and threw her from the top of the shuttle.
As she flew toward the deck, she smelled burning flesh, heard screaming, realized that it was her flesh, her screams. She hit the ground hard and her head bounced off the ground. Sparks erupted om her brain, pain, and everything went dark.

Below are some of the better feats. Where he first sneaks into the grounds of another Sith Lord, and then battles him.

Page 231

He focused on keeping his Force signature suppressed. He did not want anyone to learn of his presence prematurely.

Page 243

He drew on the Force, gestured as if he were shooing away insects, and sent both of the troopers flying against the wall of the manse hard enough to crack bone.

Page 244

His Force-enhanced reflexes moved faster than their trigger fingers. Without slowing his pace, he pulled his lightsaber into his hand and activated it as he blasters discharged. The red line of his weapon spun so fast in his hand it expanded into a shield.
Two of the blaster shots ricocheted off his weapon and into the ceiling. He deflected the other four back at the troopers, putting black holes through two chests and two face masks. Another two strides and a lunge brought him upon the surviving two troopers befor they could fire again. He crosscut, spun, and crosscut again, killing both.

Page 245

Malgus interposed his lightsabe, drew the lightning to it, and started walking towards Adraas. The power swirled around the red blade, sizzling, crackling, pushed against Malgus, but he strode through it. The skin of his hands blistered but Malgus endured the pain, paid it as the price of his cause.

Page 245

As he walked, he spun his blade in an arc above his head, gathering the lighting, then flung it back at Adraas. It slammed into his chest, lifted him bodily from the ground, and threw him hard against the far well.

Page 245

Malgus held forth his hand and the rage within hm manifested in blue veins of lightning that discharged from his fingertips and slammed into Adraas. The power stopped Adraas's charge cold, blew his lightsaber from his hand, caught him up in a cage of burning lightning. He screamed, squirming in frustration and pain.

Page 247

He then used Force Choke to grab and gag him. While he threatened him more and told him he was a mongrel, etc etc. Then crushed his trachea.

Copy/pasted from this thread.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/darth-vader-vs-darth-malgus/626086/?page=3

#14 Posted by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@Andy Steven Summers: Took that from Stevehound, I assume? Yeah, those quotes explain things in better depth JediWaffles.

#15 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (4987 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@Andy Steven Summers: Took that from Stevehound, I assume?

No. Never heard of him. That's from my post in the link I posted at the bottom.

#16 Posted by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@Andy Steven Summers said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Andy Steven Summers: Took that from Stevehound, I assume?

No. Never heard of him. That's from my post in the link I posted at the bottom.

Oh, because Stevehound also posted those quotes. He might have taken them from you.

#17 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (4987 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: If it is laid out exactly as posted above. Then yes.

#18 Posted by JediWaffles (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Andy Steven Summers: That's just brilliant, thanks for the post!

#19 Posted by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediWaffles said:

@Andy Steven Summers: That's just brilliant, thanks for the post!

So, do you still think what you thought before?

#20 Posted by JediWaffles (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: It's a lot closer than what i previously thought. Revan still takes the first round, 70/30 in the second, in favor of Malgus, and the last round could also go either way. I've been thinking about it, and i still can't figure out. I'd probably give it 60/40 in favor of Revan.

#21 Posted by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediWaffles said:

@ShootingNova: It's a lot closer than what i previously thought. Revan still takes the first round, 70/30 in the second, in favor of Malgus, and the last round could also go either way. I've been thinking about it, and i still can't figure out. I'd probably give it 60/40 in favor of Revan.

I would say Malgus takes it overall. He did achieve "a state of oneness" (not really) when he killed Eleena. Still, his feats in TOR are also impressive.

#22 Posted by JediWaffles (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@JediWaffles said:

@ShootingNova: It's a lot closer than what i previously thought. Revan still takes the first round, 70/30 in the second, in favor of Malgus, and the last round could also go either way. I've been thinking about it, and i still can't figure out. I'd probably give it 60/40 in favor of Revan.

I would say Malgus takes it overall. He did achieve "a state of oneness" (not really) when he killed Eleena. Still, his feats in TOR are also impressive.

I still stand by my decision of Revan more or less winning it, but i'm gonna go grab some novels on Malgus and we'll see if that changes my decision.

#23 Posted by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediWaffles said:

@ShootingNova said:

@JediWaffles said:

@ShootingNova: It's a lot closer than what i previously thought. Revan still takes the first round, 70/30 in the second, in favor of Malgus, and the last round could also go either way. I've been thinking about it, and i still can't figure out. I'd probably give it 60/40 in favor of Revan.

I would say Malgus takes it overall. He did achieve "a state of oneness" (not really) when he killed Eleena. Still, his feats in TOR are also impressive.

I still stand by my decision of Revan more or less winning it, but i'm gonna go grab some novels on Malgus and we'll see if that changes my decision.

The only one is Deceived, as well as the short story about the Battle of Alderaan. You could read Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side, Malgus writes a journal about the Great Galactic War in it, but no actual combat. It's more of a guide.

Otherwise, the new "Annihilation" novel features his apprentice, Darth Karrid, mentions him, and features as the main characters: Theron Shan, Teff'ith and Jedi Master Gnost-Dural, and also features Jace Malcom and Satele Shan.

#24 Posted by JediWaffles (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: I'll probably go grab a copy of Deceived, then. One novel should at least give a better gauge of his strength.

#25 Posted by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediWaffles said:

@ShootingNova: I'll probably go grab a copy of Deceived, then. One novel should at least give a better gauge of his strength.

The quotes were all from Deceived.

#26 Posted by JediWaffles (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Oh. Well, i wanna read it anyway lol

#27 Posted by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediWaffles said:

@ShootingNova: Oh. Well, i wanna read it anyway lol

LOL, it's fairly good, but the writer could use a bit more sophisticated English. Otherwise, it was a nice book, much better than the Revan novel, to me.

#28 Posted by JediWaffles (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: As works of literature, Star Wars novels are generally lacking. They're not the best-written stuff out there, so i tend not to criticize them in those aspects anymore lol.

#29 Edited by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediWaffles said:

@ShootingNova: As works of literature, Star Wars novels are generally lacking. They're not the best-written stuff out there, so i tend not to criticize them in those aspects anymore lol.

Darth Plagueis was EXCELLENT. It may very well be the best Star Wars novel there is. Darth Bane series was quite good, Path of Destruction was excellent, Rule of Two was good and Dynasty of Evil was great.

#30 Posted by JediWaffles (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Yet to read Darth Plagueis, or as a matter of fact most of what you've listed. I have a copy of Rule of Two, but haven't read it yet. Where i hail from, it's generally hard to find Star Wars novels. I'm probably go grab a kindle to solve this lol.

#31 Posted by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediWaffles said:

@ShootingNova: Yet to read Darth Plagueis, or as a matter of fact most of what you've listed. I have a copy of Rule of Two, but haven't read it yet. Where i hail from, it's generally hard to find Star Wars novels. I'm probably go grab a kindle to solve this lol.

Hard to find SW books here too.

#32 Posted by Nateron2 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP!

Why not?

1.) Revan.

2.) Revan (MASTER of ALL lightsaber styles, forms, and techniques. MASTER, NOT expert. As well his own form, Haronet.)

3.) Revan

#33 Posted by SNascimento (438 posts) - - Show Bio

The Revanchist, all three rounds.

#34 Posted by Wolfrazer (5939 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nateron2 said:

BUMP!

Why not?

1.) Revan.

2.) Revan (MASTER of ALL lightsaber styles, forms, and techniques. MASTER, NOT expert. As well his own form, Haronet.)

3.) Revan

No he wasn't.
#35 Edited by Nateron2 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer: Denial without explanation and reasoning shows bias. :)

Revan is the only one in the Star Wars universe to create his own style and master all of the forms.

#36 Posted by ImBoredLetsDebate (446 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nateron2 said:

@Wolfrazer: Denial without explanation and reasoning shows bias. :)

Revan is the only one in the Star Wars universe to create his own style and master all of the forms.

Obvious troll is obvious

#37 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@JediXMan said:

I'm going to say:

1. Revan

2. Malgus

3. Revan

Revan's lightsaber skills didn't impress me.

#38 Edited by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nateron2 said:

2.) Revan (MASTER of ALL lightsaber styles, forms, and techniques. MASTER, NOT expert. As well his own form, Haronet.)

Quote me the source saying this, and it must be canonical. His best lightsaber feat was defeating a lone Imperial Guard, and he has nothing to show his lightsaber skills were any better than an average Jedi Master's.

@JamesKM716 said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@JediXMan said:

I'm going to say:

1. Revan

2. Malgus

3. Revan

Revan's lightsaber skills didn't impress me.

#39 Posted by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL, and you got it from Star Wars: Fanon Wikia, which is entirely non-canon and fan-made.

#40 Edited by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Couldnt Revan Brain freeze Malgus in the final encounter? Read somewhere he was up there with the very best at TP.

Edit-ment rounds 1 & 2

#41 Posted by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime said:

Couldnt Revan Brain freeze Malgus in the final encounter? Read somewhere he was up there with the very best at TP.

Again, where is the proof? Malgus has no telepathic resistance feats, but Revan has no telepathic feats. So...... no.

#42 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@Chaos Prime said:

Couldnt Revan Brain freeze Malgus in the final encounter? Read somewhere he was up there with the very best at TP.

Again, where is the proof? Malgus has no telepathic resistance feats, but Revan has no telepathic feats. So...... no.

read he was able to scan the Emperor while being held prisoner.Will find the source & post it here.

#43 Posted by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime: No, I have read the novel. He is only capable of planting seeds of doubt when the Emperor is intently focused on other things, and only when the spirit of Meetra Surik is aiding him.

As the Emperor fed off him, Meetra allowed Revan to feed off her. Her sustenance strengthened his resolve whenever he grew weak, refreshing and restoring him so he could continue his never-ending war. Because of her, Revan was able to do more than just fight to keep the Emperor at bay.

-- Taken from The Old Republic: Revan

#44 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Only read snippets from the Old Repiblic on wiki & they made it seem like he had total control of his TP & was not only able to shield his mind from the Emperor but able to scan his mind too.

#45 Posted by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime: Wiki is not canon and can be edited by anybody. The novel is canon.

#46 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@Chaos Prime: Wiki is not canon and can be edited by anybody. The novel is canon.

I it is :) Bit OT but full power/Amps where would u rate Revan on all round abilities on a scale of 1-10 with Yoda being a 10.

#47 Posted by Inphase (329 posts) - - Show Bio

Revan

#48 Posted by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime: 3 or 4.

#49 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@Chaos Prime: 3 or 4.

Yea? Im abit surprissed thought he would have been at least a 6 :)

#50 Edited by steelhound56 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading the Revan novel, Malgus takes the lightsaber round, and the all out round. Revan isnt all that powerful, and Malgus has shown superior saber skills, and is either on equal footing or slightly behind Revan in Force ability.

After Eleena's death, he may be above Revan in Force ability as well.....

I'll say Malgus for rounds 2 & 3,

Revan barely edges him out in Round 1

@Chaos Prime: Revan never displayed anything putting him on the level of Yoda. If I had to estimate on a scale of 10 his overall power compared to Yoda, Revan is probably about a 4-5.

Yoda (before Luke became a Master) was THE most powerful Jedi in the history of the Order. Hands down. Revan was a slightly above average Jedi Master with a varied repetiore of skills and powers. What made Revan so effective wasnt his combat prowess, its the fact that he had a deep understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of both the Light and Dark sides of the Force (something very rare for any Force user to possess at the time), and was an amazing tactician and commander.

He did grasp a rudimentary principle of the Rule of Two though. And had an extensive knowledge of Sith rituals, as evidenced by the first Darth Bane novel, Path of Destruction.