JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#52 JediXMan  Moderator
@jedixman said:

... what are you saying? Being a wound =/= concealment. I'm saying that Nihilus' abilities might not be true concealment - rather, he's a wound in the Force which makes him undetectable, but it has a similar effect. The others know Concealment.

I meant Kreia said they could create wounds in the Force to mask their presence, and she also said they knew concealment techniques.

Apologies for my horrendous lack of clarity.

I don't recall Kreia saying that they could create wounds. It was her fascination with the Exile that made her curious as to how to create more wounds; to destroy the Force itself.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

@magnificentstorm: Well for one thing it seems like you're shouting and/or are angry for some reason

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jedixman: I can't find a source for it, so I will just rescind my point for now.

Avatar image for magnificentstorm
MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@shroudofsorrow: WELL THE FIRST POST YES BECAUSE I USED. !!!! BUT NOT THE SECOND OR THIS ONE

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still don't see how Nihilus wins.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malgus has no defense to his drain, and has no running feats that allows him to blitz Nihilus.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ShootingNova

Malgus has no defense to his drain,

The OP already stated that was banned.

, and has no running feats that allows him to blitz Nihilus.

He doesn't need running feats. For the most part, he could either simply hurl a lightsaber or each within sufficient proximity to kill Nihilus, especially granted the latter's generally slow mindset and slow recognition of others. He would have to first deem Malgus worthy of his attention.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@shootingnova: Now there's an image

Nihilus: Hmm...he's charging at me lightsaber swinging. I think he's trying to kill me. I wonder if I should humor him or not...

(Mere moments later)

Darth Malgus: Well that was easy. Idiot didn't even react

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: Unfortunately, that's not even possibly since Nihilus relies purely on instinct.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still not sure how Nihilus is going to win.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Then I have no idea why this thread was made. Nihilus' only attack is drain.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@intrepid37: Not really, but yes, the OP was a bit silly.....

Shockwiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without drain it's spite in Malgus favour and with drain it's spite in Nihilus favour.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@shockwiz said:

Without drain it's spite in Malgus favor and with drain it's spite in Nihilus favor.

I agree with the first part, which is why I removed the power. Not much point to it if Nihilus just one-shots Malgus

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nihilus one of the strongest sith in history. I would compare him with Sidious or Plagueis. Not Malgus.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@erkan12: Uh...actually no. Nihilus is not even REMOTELY on their level. That's like comparing a kitten to a dinosaur.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Erkan12

@shroudofsorrow said:

@erkan12: Uh...actually no. Nihilus is not even REMOTELY on their level. That's like comparing a kitten to a dinosaur.

Here some info from wookiepedia ;
"The extent of his power cannot be put into words… and his perceptions have grown as well. To him…"
"You are dust motes in a storm… a grain upon the beach… and as insignificant as a body that orbits the graveyard of Malachor."
―Tobin and Visas Marr, regarding Nihilus
Darth Nihilus was adept in many aspects of the Force. He used his dark variant of the Sever Force ability to betray Darth Traya alongside Darth Sion by stripping her of the Force and casting her out of the Sith Order. Nihilus could also use the Force to lift starships, as he did on Malachor V with theRavager. He tore it from the mass shadows that surrounded the planet and kept it together even though it had suffered extensive structural damage.[4] Through the Force, Darth Nihilus was able to escape death by containing his consciousness in his armor—an ability that Darth Krayt would inquire of Nihilus' holocron millennia later.[25]He was also proficient in Dark rage, Farsight, Force lightning, Force resistance, Force scream, and Force whirlwind, among others, such as a dark variant of Force healing called Dark Healing. His knowledge also extended to Sith alchemy: during the second battle of Onderon, Nihilus' sect of Sith followers used techniques that would bend tame beasts to their will.[4]Nihilus could increase the strength of Force powers he used greatly, if he wished, and he was capable of reaching through the Force at a range as far as a star system
shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: Problems with that:

1. Wookiepedia is not a canon source

2. Lip-service is worthless without feats to back it up. I have Nihilus' feats listed on the initial post, they are nowhere CLOSE to top-tier. Also, powers displayed only in the boss battle in the KotOR II game are also N-Canon by virtue of being "Game Mechanics".

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12 said:

Nihilus one of the strongest sith in history. I would compare him with Sidious or Plagueis. Not Malgus.

Only because of Drain, which is banned.

Here some info from wookiepedia ;
"The extent of his power cannot be put into words… and his perceptions have grown as well. To him…"
"You are dust motes in a storm… a grain upon the beach… and as insignificant as a body that orbits the graveyard of Malachor."
―Tobin and Visas Marr, regarding Nihilus
Darth Nihilus was adept in many aspects of the Force. He used his dark variant of the Sever Force ability to betray Darth Traya alongside Darth Sion by stripping her of the Force and casting her out of the Sith Order. Nihilus could also use the Force to lift starships, as he did on Malachor V with theRavager. He tore it from the mass shadows that surrounded the planet and kept it together even though it had suffered extensive structural damage.[4] Through the Force, Darth Nihilus was able to escape death by containing his consciousness in his armor—an ability that Darth Krayt would inquire of Nihilus' holocron millennia later.[25]He was also proficient in Dark rage, Farsight, Force lightning, Force resistance, Force scream, and Force whirlwind, among others, such as a dark variant of Force healing called Dark Healing. His knowledge also extended to Sith alchemy: during the second battle of Onderon, Nihilus' sect of Sith followers used techniques that would bend tame beasts to their will.[4]Nihilus could increase the strength of Force powers he used greatly, if he wished, and he was capable of reaching through the Force at a range as far as a star system

Would you learn to stop using Wookieepedia as a source? Because Nihilus has never demonstrated Rage, Force resistance, Force scream, Force whirlwind, Dark Healing, Alchemy, etc. That's all just game mechanics which aren't canon, in the same way Wookieepedia is not canon. With his Drain banned Nihilus gets stomped.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Erkan12

@shootingnova

Nihilus can lift 'starships' (not 'fighters'). He can stomp with only TK, Drain isn't necessarily.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ShootingNova
@erkan12 said:

He can lift 'starships' (not 'fighters'). He can stomp with only TK, Drain isn't necessarily.

Right, so some ambiguous, off-panel showing mired in circumstances including the exorbitant amp Malachor V gave Nihilus is supposed to allow him to defeat Malgus? Please. Nihilus was no match for Meetra and Visas, neither of whom are better than Malgus in any category. Meetra was a mediocre Jedi (you can thank Karpyshyn's writing failure for that) and she hardly comes close to Malgus in TK. If Nihilus was as powerful as you claim him to be - why didn't he simply stomp Meetra, Visas and Canderous (one of which is featless, another of which is non-Force sensitive, and the final one is simply average).

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And there's also the fact that Wookiepedia is, as has already been said, not a canon source. Lip-service from his ex-slave and current slave (neither of whom would be in a position to adequately assess his capabilities) isn't exactly much better.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As for Nihilus being on Palpatine's level, that's just absolute drivel that I surely hope needs no refutation.

_RapTOR_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By _RapTOR_

Couldn't Nihilus just use Sever Force and then own Malgus with telekinesis?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NIhilus hasn't used Sever Force before. The instance with Kreia is Drain, not Sever Force.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malgus

Kasumi_Geist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Kasumi_Geist

@shootingnova: Just because a Jedi isn't friggin' god-tier doesn't mean they aren't great Jedi. The Exile was no Luke Skywalker or Mace Windu, but she was very capable and more than adequate. She has some impressive showings when it came to killing Sith Lords (one of them being the topic of debate in this very thread), and was rather unique in her force capabilities.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By ShootingNova

@kasumi_geist: What are you even responding to? Meetra Surik might be impressive, per se, but I was referencing her mediocrity in the Revan novel. In the game, she was more impressive. Still, that doesn't excuse Nihilus. If Nihilus was so powerful, he should have killed Canderous, who had no excuse. He is not Force-sensitive.

Kasumi_Geist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasumi_geist: Well, she was in the Revan novel. I suppose she was better in the game. I posted that three months ago, I only began recollecting her feats in the game a few weeks ago when I made a respect thread for her.

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12 said:

......No.....

But as for the battle Nihilus best feat in this battle is life drain, but that's it.

I think Malgus might take this battle.

Kasumi_Geist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Ah! Didn't see it was that old. I'll admit I probably took it personally because I'm around my 25th hour of my 80 bajillionth KOTOR 2 playthrough that I started just the other day. Lol. I also bought the Revan novel a week back, but I'm reading through Plagueis first before I get to it.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: There's is no such things as S canon anymore. As far as we know all cut scenes are now of the highest canon. Damn Disney. -_-

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beezlebub: I know. That's actually pretty good as far as KotOR II is concerned.

Kasumi_Geist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: You crack me up. Lowballing Sidious, highballing Nihilus. This is hilarious.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is nice that Revan FINNALLY has some real feats but I think that they should once and for all just establish a proper canon for everything just to please us debaters. Pulls up hood* For we are there true masters. Muahahahahahhaha!

Kasumi_Geist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Kasumi_Geist

@beezlebub: They did though. Revan got canon gender, appearance, romance, and actions. Same with the Exile. That was the point of the Revan novel and his appearance in TOR. Unless you're referring to something else.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasumi_geist: Referring to something else. :P Canon for everything in Star Wars in general.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Penderor

Nihilus is believed to be Makashi user so he could have upper hand. If we would admit that he is better force user and worse duelist then well...

I think that Malgus as the living tank would absorb most of the force powers and since he is better duelist he would won. Not in stomp but after good fight.

Actually not sure why you put Nihilus in the battles like this. He is technically featless so we cannot really judge.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which source says Nihilus used Makashi?

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: You crack me up. Lowballing Sidious, highballing Nihilus. This is hilarious.

Highballing ? Learn about Nihilus.

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: I think it was said due the fact his lightsaber stance and during the fight with the Exile. Plus it makes sense.

_RapTOR_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By _RapTOR_

@shootingnova: There's is no such things as S canon anymore. As far as we know all cut scenes are now of the highest canon. Damn Disney. -_-

I think that's a good thing tbh. Canon should mean canon, I don't see why they would have multiple different levels of it. For example, if Sidious was stated to be the greatest Sith lord in multiple sources, then any other source that says otherwise should be considered non canon

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_raptor_: But then the source that stated that is also of the highest canon. So how do you know which one is correct in conflicting sources of canon? Also I forget but didn't an author say Darth Vader Revan and Darth Bane were all equal? How do we debate that? -_- No having one canon is bad.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: Not sure. I thought his lightsaber style was one-handed and aggressive, and in game you see acrobatics. Looks more like Ataru.

_RapTOR_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beezlebub: Because then you can count what that person said as non-canon? lol

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whirlwind_33: A desire for attention is my guess.

@erkan12 said:
@kasumi_geist said:

Highballing ? Learn about Nihilus.

We know who Nihilus is. And you are highballing him.

And of course the tried and true "we're all just Sidious fanboys" nonsense. Because that never gets old.

And I have to say I'm still baffled as to why someone decided to bump one of my older threads. *Shrugs*.