Round 2: Force Fight

Round 3: All out

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Isn't Darth Caedus out of Mace's league?

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By zaied

Jacen wins all three rounds. The first round would be the hardest but Mace isn't on Caedus' level in any other facet.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

1. Mace is actually within Jacen's tier of skill, so Caedus is not stomping. The biggest difference is the disparity in speed, but even that probably would not constitute a stomp.

2. Caedus is vastly more powerful. 10/10.

3. Again, Caedus, 10/10. Vastly more powerful and versatile with the Force, vastly faster, and more skilful by a noticeable degree.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Mace is actually within Jacen's tier of skill, so Caedus is not stomping. The biggest difference is the disparity in speed, but even that probably would not constitute a stomp.

2. Caedus is vastly more powerful. 10/10.

3. Again, Caedus, 10/10. Vastly more powerful and versatile with the Force, vastly faster, and more skilful by a noticeable degree.

You mean Caedus is more skilled with the force right? Not lightsaber?

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Erkan12

Mace Windu.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: Caedus is almost at or at Yoda's level. How does Mace win? lol

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Darth Caedus stomps. Anyone who can contend with a bloodlusted Luke GM Luke would walk all-over Force sensitives on Windu's class.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mace wins cause he beat Palpatine! XD

*hides*

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Mace wins cause he beat Palpatine! XD

*hides*

LOL.

Mace probably wouldn't even defeat Jacen Solo for a majority, his chances of defeating Caedus is below zero.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartankobe: Of course Caedus is more skilful with a lightsaber.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Mace manage to amp himself he can beat Caedus.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ShootingNova

@penderor: How would he manage to amp himself here? That was an amp created solely via circumstances surrounding Palpatine, not Caedus. Mace would not amp himself. And even if he was amped, he would likely only match Caedus, or perhaps exceed him slightly, but he has nothing to stop Caedus from ragdolling him via the Force.

Caedus is simply the better swordsman, and the much more powerful Force user. The single voucher for Mace in this thread has not read any material on Caedus, and whose sole imperative is to promote Mace as essentially no. 1 in SW. Inevitably, if he is brought to further discussion he will bring up Luke stomping Caedus via the Force, as if Mace would not suffer a worse fate. The fact is that Caedus has beaten Kyle Katarn with Valin Horn, Mithric and Kolir, contended with a slightly injured Luke in an environment that did favor Caedus (though, regardless, Luke is beyond Mace's class in any category, including skill), beaten Jaina Solo, contended with a Jaina Solo whom Luke was helping through the Force, and whilst Caedus himself debilitatingly injured, beaten multiple Vong warriors and Tsavong Lah, the last two of which occurred years before his prime, etc.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: *sighs* I'm sick and tired of hearing this!

Mace beat Palps so Mace>Palps>Caedus!

WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?!

HE'S SAMUAL L. JACKSON HE CAN KICK ANYBODY'S ***.

:)

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ShootingNova

@spartankobe: Would you please stop, now? Your joke posts are old and they're in every thread. I'm afraid they'll soon have to be flagged for trolling because you're not contributing anything to the thread and you're wasting space. And annoying me.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By spartankobe

@shootingnova: FINE!

CAEDUS stomps. I don't know why there's even a debate tbh.

Caedus is much faster

Is much more powerful.

Every battle thread with him in it already has all the feats that prove him better than Windu in every way.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartankobe: This thread shouldn't be locked. There is some discussion value.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By spartankobe

@shootingnova: Well if Caedus is good enough to the point where he gives Yoda huge trouble than Mace from what I see has no chance.

Even if let's say that Mace is amped, I still don't see him winning at all because I also think Palps threw the fight to get Anakin on his side.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By spartankobe

@shootingnova: Well whenever I see you and the other experts debate it seems like you put Caedus on Yoda's and Sidious' level. From this, I believe we can conclude that Windu has no chance because Yoda and Sidious>Windu in every way cause Windu is not even close to their level in a fight. Skill wise yes, but definitely not in the speed and power department.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: oh crap no Windu is not greater than Yoda and Sidious. lol I'll fix that.

Or was it a mistake...

dun dun dun

Maybe I'm still joking. :)

_RapTOR_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By _RapTOR_

1. Caedus 6/10

2. Caedus 10/10

3. Caedus 10/10

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_raptor_: I'm curious as to why you imagine Caedus would lose 4 rounds in the first. If it had just been raw skill, then I agree with you. But there is also the factor of say, his monstrous speed, in play.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: When they say sabers only, are we to assume that they are still allowed to use the force to enhance their speed and strength?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Mace amped himself when he fought much stronger opponent. Its possible to assume that Vaapad is trying to take his user closer to enemy.

Also I never said that amped Mace can win majority. He might take a few wins but thats all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Getting tired of hearing about Mace Windu.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: He amped himself because Palpatine was manipulating the Republic and destroying it from within, and Mace himself was fooled. Doesn't apply here or against any other character.

Getting tired of hearing about Mace Windu.

This. Especially considering virtually all Mace Windu threads inevitably lead to ruin.

Ancient_Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to chime in here.

First, yes I have read most of the books, including about Darth Caedus. Also about Mace Windu.

In my humble opinion, most of your are writing Windu off far to easy. Wait!!!

Before you call for my head, I ask only that you hear me out please.

First, as I understand it, their are no sneak attacks or stealth kills allowed, this is a face each other, bow, then begin fighting death match. If im wrong, please tell me.

Second, with Mace's mastery of Vaapad, he was able to keep up with the much more powerful Darth Sidious while using Vaapad. Vaapad, in simple terms allows him to take the darkness of anyone hes fighting, and turn it against his enemy. Now, again, hear me out.

From what we learned during his fight with Sidious, Vaapad can bring Mace's power up to about even with any dark sider he is fighting. Then, he can fight effortlessly, (taken straight from the episode 3 novel), with his enemy, and begin to think about strategy, or even use his Shatterpoint ability.

Third, I know Darth Caedus can also use Shatterpoint, but in my opinion he would be so focused on cutting Windu down in saber combat, and so angry that he could not, that he would not have time, and or, the ability to try, with Mace Windu all over him and attacking Caedus with speed and power that matches his own.

I think Mace Windu takes round 1 9/10 because of the above stated reasons.

Round 2 and 3 are a bit more ambiguous because aside from force lightning, we are never really told how other force powers would work on Mace while he gives himself fully to Vaapad, but I would imagine the effects would be similar, Mace would reflect the powers back at the caster, be it choke, lightning, etc.

That being said I don't we have a clear enough understanding of Vaapad's full capability's to make a solid judgment call. The only thing we do know, is that Mace was able to reflect sith lightning from the at the time, considered by most, to be the most powerful dark side user to have ever lived, right back at him, and melt his face/mask off.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comic Vine - where Mace Windu takes a 9/10 over the (arguably) second strongest Sith in galactic history.

How the hell did it get to this point...

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solo

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ShootingNova
@ancient_legend said:

First, yes I have read most of the books, including about Darth Caedus. Also about Mace Windu.

You can claim that you've read this or that you've read that, that hardly makes any difference, unless you factually cite the sources. Moreover, merely reading the sources hardly means anything. Comprehension of the context is just as important as comprehending the feats themselves. That is, of course, assuming you did read the NJO series, the Dark Nest series, and LotF, as well as several other novels, comics, and short stories. And from your post, if I were to deduct anything, I would say you haven't read anything on Caedus at all. I don't know what you've read, but from the outside, it evidently appears as if you cling to Wookieepedia, a non-canonical source that can be edited by anybody, to get your information.

Second, with Mace's mastery of Vaapad, he was able to keep up with the much more powerful Darth Sidious while using Vaapad.

RotS Palpatine is not "much more powerful" than Caedus. He would only win 6-7/10.

Stop acting as if Vaapad is the ultimate win-all be-all, get-out-of-jail free card. Vaapad is strictly an alternative iteration of Juyo, but it is still classified as Form VII for the very reason that its base principles in respects to strict combat remain the same. Mace's mastery Vaapad had him lose to Dooku and Kar Vastor, too, and it had him stalemate Sora and an immobile Grievous in a contest of blades, which forced him to rely on telekinesis to knock them away.

Mace was monumentally amplified during his duel with Darth Sidious because of the very fact that Palpatine had been manipulating the Republic, Mace's true, secret love, from within, was destroying it from within, and Mace had fallen for it. That was precisely why he received monumental levels of darkness within his self, and, thanks to Vaapad's mechanics, channel his own dark emotions.

Vaapad, in simple terms allows him to take the darkness of anyone hes fighting, and turn it against his enemy.

Indeed? Is that, quite precisely, why, in each of the duels against his opponents under neutral circumstances, he failed to do that? I never saw Vaapad manipulating the darknesses of Dooku, of Ventress, or Sora Bulq, of Grievous, or with Kar Vastor. In fact, he only fought Dooku to a draw, fought Sora to a draw, fought Grievous whose mobility was restricted to a draw, and beaten Ventress with difficulty. He lost to Kar Vastor. Now, tell me, because each of these characters are indeed aligned with the dark or the dark side, why Mace Windu failed to "take their darkness", and "turn it against them". Why, if he was so successful against Palpatine, that he would have such issues against lesser opponents? Because I can tell you why. I can tell you that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Vaapad does not "take the darkness of anyone he is fighting". Absolutely no source defines Vaapad as such. The entire premise of Vaapad is for Mace to use his own darkness, not his opponent's:

Mace Windu had almost smiled. "I created Vaapad to answer my weakness: it channels my own darkness into a weapon of the light. Master Yoda's Ataro is also an answer to weakness: the limitations of reach and mobility imposed by his stature and his age. But for you? What weakness does Soresu answer?"

Source: Revenge of the Sith

It channels my owndarkness into a weapon of the light...

Please identify a source which explains that Vaapad uses another's darkness. Because I can tell you that was not how Mace described it, and he is the creator of it. That is not how the RotS novel, or Shatterpoint described it, and they are the two leading sources on Mace. It was certainly not how it was described in Jedi vs Sith or Lightsabers: A Guide to the Weapons of the Force. So kindly tell me where you found the idea that Vaapad "turns the darkness of an enemy against them". That has never happened under any natural circumstances, only with Palpatine, and that was a specific, special circumstance. It is not applicable under any other circumstance, nor is it a useable technique in general. Stop making up information.

In fact, Mace has already stated he does not have power over the darkness in general, so why he would be able to so precisely or so capably manipulate the darkness in select individuals is beyond me, especially considering that he has no direct control over them at all to begin with. Vaapad is exclusively based on the self, as Mace has explained.

The darkness had no power over him. But—

Neither did he have power over it.

From what we learned during his fight with Sidious, Vaapad can bring Mace's power up to about even with any dark sider he is fighting.

This is simply not true. If it had been like that, then why did Mace lose to Kar Vastor?

In fact, Mace himself conceded that he could have never beaten Vastor:

"As you said earlier: Vastor is a difficult man to lie to. He would have known if I was holding back. Then the beating would have been much worse, and he might very well have killed me. What I did was pick a fight I knew I couldn't win."

Source: Shatterpoint

How curious... or perhaps something more...

As I said before, knowledge is irrelevant without context. You clearly failed to read or understand the context prior to the duel. It was outlined perfectly in Silver's blog, but obviously you didn't read that, either, so I'll explain it to you here, using specific quotes containing only relevant content.

As proven by my first quotation, Vaapad channels Mace's own darkness into a weapon of the light. It is exclusively based on the self. Normally, Mace has a fairly consistent level of darkness. However, the realization of the extent of Palpatine's manipulations, the fact that Mace loves the Republic, and the fact that Palpatine was manipulating and destroying it from within. That Mace didn't even know about any of this.

Anakin's revelation—that Palpatine and Darth Sidious are one and the same—hollows Mace to the core. Not days earlier, he and other Jedi had risked their lives against Grievous's droid forces to prevent Palpatine from being abducted. Grasping that the abduction and the war itself has been nothing more than a deception, Mace leaps into action, promising to take Palpatine into Jedi custody, dead or alive.

Source: The Complete Visual Dictionary

Anakin's revelation clearly affects Mace to an extreme degree, as revealed here.

Because Mace, too, has an attachment. Mace has a secret love. Mace Windu loves the Republic.

For Mace Windu, for all his life, for all the lives of a thousand years of Jedi before him, true civilization has had only one true name: the Republic.

And because of that love now, here, in this instant, Anakin Skywalker has nine words for him that shred his heart, burn its pieces, and feed him its smoking ashes.

Palpatine is Sidious. The Chancellor is the Sith Lord.

Mace Windu's entire existence has become crystal so shot-through with flaws that the hammer of those nine words has crushed him to sand.

Anakin could feel how the Force fed upon the shadow's murderous exaltation; he could feel fury spray into the Force though some poisonous abscess had crested in both their hearts.

All of those extracts reveal that Mace became exorbitantly affected by the realization of Palpatine's true identity; the true extent of his political machinations. Very obviously, it alters the level of darkness within him. It increases it, drastically.

And then, as we go back to the first quote:

"I created Vaapad to answer my weakness: it channels my own darkness into a weapon of the light."

If Mace's inner darkness became exorbitantly increased to unnaturally high levels, then it would also stand to reason that the way Vaapad operates, which is to channel his own darkness, would thus increase his abilities due to the increase of darkness, as Vaapad would only need to channel the increased darkness in order to give him the amplification. The novel more or less states this, or at least holds it in extreme implication which simply cannot be refuted (and there is no better alternative).

That was precisely the only reason Mace even reacted to him. Palpatine has fought faster than Anakin, TPM Maul and so on have seen, and they are all faster than Mace, especially in perceptive speeds. In fact, a source states Mace failed to realize what had happened when Palpatine killed the Jedi:

Before Mace realizes what has happened, Kolar, Tiin, and Fisto have fallen to Sidious's blade.

Now, quite evidently, in the film, Mace does react in time to help Fisto (though he still dies), but he evidently failed to do anything in the cases of Agen Kolar and Saesee Tiin. If Mace was really just as fast and skilled or moreso than Palpatine, then there is no reason for him to fail to save Agen Kolar or Saesee Tiin.

Regardless, I stand by my point. Mace has moved in blurs, moved invisibly fast, generated large afterglows and formed afterimages (varying comics, Shatterpoint), formed webs out of his blade (Shatterpoint), struck multiple times before others could blink (Shatterpoint), and so on.

Anakin has encased himself in the light of his blade (AotC novel) and fought fast enough to appear everywhere at once (Jedi Quest: The School of Fear) and generate many more afterimages than Mace did (varying comics), and this was all as a padawan. Later on, he would also react to sub-light speed ships, dodge and fight so fast Dooku, a being of superhumanly accelerated reaction speeds, saw an entire room through an electric blue haze (Revenge of the Sith novel), which, of course, was his lightsaber.

TPM Maul has also displayed superior speed feats. He has fought fast enough for his blows to seemingly be delivered everywhere at once, even whilst injured (Lockdown), has moved so fast that recording equipment had to be slowed down to perceive his movements (Episode I Adventures), indicated that he could kill 4-5 beings in a flicker of an eyelash (Episode I Journal), thrown two strokes so quickly the first could not be distinguished from the second (Episode I Journal), as well as formed fans, shields and webs out of his blades (Shadow Hunter), and has moved faster than Qui-Gon, who has formed shields out of his blade (Cloak of Deception), ran invisibly fast (The Phantom Menace) and disarmed characters before others could take a breath (Jedi Apprentice: Mark of the Crown).

Both of them have failed to see Palpatine before. For TPM Maul:

The lightsaber whirls in the air, twirling, held in my Master's hand. I can't track it, it moves so fast. But I know it's heading for me. Lord Sidious moves faster than my eye can follow.

Source: Episode I Journal: Darth Maul

For TCW Maul, who fails to see anything more than countless blades, and then "even more than that" once Sidious accelerates his speed:

Sidious raised his saber and flew at Maul, who parried desperately, his mechanical legs whirring as he sought to counter his former Master’s blows. Sidious’s sabers were a blur, a whirling cage of deadly plasma. Maul danced away from one blow, then reversed his movement to avoid another, and then there were too many to count, and then there were even more than that.

Source: Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy

For Anakin:

Anakin blinked and rubbed his eyes again. Maybe he was still a bit flash-blind—the Korun Master seemed to be fading in and out of existence, half swallowed by a thickening black haze in which danced a meter-long bar of sunfire. Mace pressed back the darkness with a relentless straight-ahead march; his own blade, that distinctive amethyst blaze that had been the final sight of so many evil beings across the galaxy, made a haze of its own: an oblate sphere of purple fire within which there seemed to be dozens of swords slashing in all directions at once.

The shadow he fought, that blur of speed—could that be Palpatine?

Their blades flared and flashed, crashing together with bursts of fire, weaving nets of killing energy in exchanges so fast that Anakin could not truly see them—but he could feel them in the Force.

In fact, Leia has reacted to Lightning (The Last Command) and ran multiple kilometers in seconds (Dark Empire), yet she failed to even see Palpatine:

Leia: Be careful, Luke! The Emperor is so strong... They’re both moving so fast, I can hardly see them.

Source: Dark Empire Audio Drama

Palpatine's speed is just too much for Mace to see under normal circumstances. Characters faster than Mace have failed to see him. The only way for Mace to possibly react is, as I have already proven, for him to be amped, exponentially. Nobody in the history of CV, or anywhere else I have seen, has managed to prove otherwise.

In fact, despite the massive augmentation, and the fact that he was "reflecting Palpatine's fury", the latter feat being made exclusively available in this one circumstance due to his augmentation, he was still only Palpatine's equal:

But there was still only the cycle of power, the endless loop, no wound taken on either side, not even the possibility of fatigue.

Impasse.

Which might have gone on forever, if Vaapad were Mace's only gift.

They still only fought to a stalemate. They met an at impasse, which "would have lasted forever", as per the RotS novel.

So really, why did Mace "win"? The answer is that he didn't. He won via exploiting a Shatterpoint which was Palpatine's fear, as explicitly, irrefutably described in the novel:

Which might have gone on forever, if Vaapad were Mace's only gift. The fighting was effortless for him now; he let his body handle it without the intervention of his mind. While his blade spun and crackled, while his feet slid and his weight shifted and his shoulders turned in precise curves of their own direction, his mind slid along the circuit of dark power, tracing it back to its limitless source. Feeling for its shatterpoint. He found a knot of fault lines in the shadow's future; he chose the largest fracture and followed it back to the here and the now—

He could feel the end of this battle approaching, and so could the blur of Sith he faced; in the Force, the shadow had become a pulsar of fear. Easily, almost effortlessly, he turned the shadow's fear into a weapon: he angled the battle to bring them both out onto the window ledge. Out in the wind. Out with the lightning. Out on a rain-slicked ledge above a half-kilometer drop. Out where the shadow's fear made it hesitate. Out where the shadow's fear turned some of its Force-powered speed into a Force-powered grip on the slippery permacrete. Out where Mace could flick his blade in one precise arc and slash the shadow's lightsaber in half.

One piece flipped back in through the cut-open window. The other tumbled from opening fingers, bounced on the ledge, and fell through the rain toward the distant alleys below. Now the shadow was only Palpatine: old and shrunken, thinning hair bleached white by time and care, face lined with exhaustion.

It explicitly mentions Palpatine's fear. It explicitly mentions that his fear of falling made him hesitate. But then, he wasn't afraid at all:

"Fool!" His voice was a shout of thunder. "Do you think the fear you feel is mine?"

And Palpatine was not afraid. Mace could feel it: he wasn't worried at all.

It was evident that it was Anakin's fear, not Palpatine's. Palpatine misdirecting Mace's usage of Shatterpoint, which, to me, is highly implicit of the fact that Palpatine threw the duel all along, but that has never been confirmed so it would be best not to reach for conclusions, but regardless, it is the cold, hard fact that Mace was factually, irrefutably amped. He would not be able to even see Palpatine under normal circumstances, but the mechanics of Vaapad amped him due to the excess darkness within him, as I have proven.

Also, Yoda is a factually, irrefutably superior duelist to Mace, as stated by Nick Gillard and by a number of EU sources:

To the uninitiated, lightsaber combat can seem like a confusing blur of swipes and blade clashes, but on close examination, the secrets of the Jedi Knights become clear. To understand the combat of these warriors, we must delve into the sacred history of the fabled Seven Forms of Jedi lightsaber combat and look at how these have played out in the Star Wars saga. Only then can we understand the extraordinary combat moves of Yoda, perhaps the greatest lightsaber master the Jedi Order has ever seen.

Source: Insider #62: Fightsaber: Jedi Lightsaber Combat

With a stooped, small appearance, Yoda may not look like a warrior, but his skills with a lightsaber were unequaled.

Source: Lightsabers: A Guide to the Weapons of the Force

Master Windu was also known within the Order for his unusual fighting style, one that he developed after studying the dueling styles of various lightsaber masters. His attacks consisted of relentless, unpredictable blows, like shots from an autoblaster. Master Windu himself remained perfectly balanced and centered. In the history of the Jedi Order, only two opponents ever overcame him in battle. One was Master Yoda, who some said was the Order's true master of lightsaber combat. The other was former Master Dooku, whose own fighting style was archaic, yet stunningly effective.

Source: Power of the Jedi Sourcebook

Though it was true that he had slowed slightly in the years that Mace Windu had known him, Yoda's skill with a lightsaber was still second to none on the council.

Source: Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter

http://web.archive.org/web/20051125042817/http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/bts/production/news20000711b.html

"Mace Windu's fighting abilities are second only to Yoda."

Loading Video...

(5:28 - 5:35):

"We have not seen Mace fight yet, and we know he's second only to Yoda."

So Yoda is an even better fighter and duelist than Mace is, and yet, Palpatine dueled Yoda to a draw, and there were no circumstances such as amplifications involved in that duel. Clearly, Sidious is superior to Mace under normal circumstances.

Additionally, Palpatine could have killed Mace at any time via Lightning. It was clearly stated that even Vaapad was useless, and that the blade was bending back towards Mace:

Now Anakin was at Mace's shoulder. Palpatine still made no move to defend himself from Skywalker; instead he ramped up the lightning bursting from his hands, bending the fountain of Mace's blade back toward the Korun Master's face.

"You're the chosen one, Anakin," Mace said, his voice going thin with strain. This was beyond Vaapad; he had no strength left to fight against his own blade. "Take him. It's your destiny."

He stopped only due to requiring the manipulation of Anakin, not killing Mace outright, but it was obvious he could do that, as per the novel's descriptions.

And since this tends to touch upon Palpatine's face being disfigured, I will address it here as well. Everybody immediately references Palpatine's speech in the Senate and his later public remarks - it's obvious Palpatine is a liar, and quite hopefully that requires no elucidation, but sources have proven that Palpatine's face was disfigured due to his dark side practices, and they were masked by the Force - the deflected Lightning merely revealed his true face:

As often as Plagueis maintained that the Rule of Two had ended with their partnership, the Muun remained the powerful one, and Palpatine the covetous one. Bane’s dictum notwithstanding, denial was still a key factor in Sith training; a key factor in being “broken,” as Plagueis put it—of being shaped by the dark side of the Force. Cruelly, at times, and painfully. But Palpatine was grateful, for the Force had slowly groomed him into a being of dark power and granted him a secret identity, as well. The life he had been leading—as the noble head of House Palpatine, legislator, and most recently ambassador-at-large—was nothing more than the trappings of an alter ego; his wealth, a subterfuge; his handsome face, a mask.

Source: Darth Plagueis

"Always two there are"—not only master and apprentice, but persona and true face. Unmasked by deflected lightning during his duel with Mace Windu, the Sith Lord's true face is revealed to the world.

Source: The Complete Visual Dictionary

So Mace did not inflict the deformity upon Palpatine, that was due to his corruption from the dark side. In fact, since people like to cite Palpatine's public speeches, on top of countering that by saying Palpatine is one of the most unreliable and publicly dishonest characters in SW, I can cite a less dishonest, more reliable character in SW, Darth Plagueis, personally stating Palpatine would transform on his own:

"Will I eventually be physically transformed?"

"Into some aged, pale-skinned, raspy-voiced, yellow-eyed monster, you mean. Such as the one you see before you.

The power of the dark side is an illness no true Sith would wish to be cured of."

Source: Darth Plagueis

The last thing I would like to address is this quote:

"You have to be either Mace or Yoda to compete with the Emperor," Lucas says. "If Anakin hadn't got all beat-up, he could've beat the Emperor."

All Lucas says is that you have to be either Mace or Yoda in order to compete with Palpatine (in other words, not get stomped). And that's correct. All he said is that you have to be either one of them to compete with the Sidious. And the EU expounds on that - Yoda is the only one with the innate, intrinsic skill, speed and power to compete with Palpatine, whereas Mace is the only one who can channel his dark, emotional traumas into an amplification due to Vaapad. And so, Yoda and Mace are the only ones who can compete with the Emperor - except for Yoda, none of the Jedi can react to Palpatine, but Mace has the capacity to receive an amplification because he is the only Jedi who mastered Vaapad (Sora and Depa didn't, as Mace described it, "Vaapad mastered them".)

That should, hopefully, clear up the Palpatine vs Mace Windu issue. And this is also why the amp does not apply here - Caedus is not Sidious; he did not manipulate the Republic from within for years and fool Mace, as well, in fact, Mace doesn't even know of Caedus's existence, or his identity. So the amplification would not apply because there would not be an overwhelming level of darkness within him.

Third, I know Darth Caedus can also use Shatterpoint, but in my opinion he would be so focused on cutting Windu down in saber combat, and so angry that he could not, that he would not have time, and or, the ability to try, with Mace Windu all over him and attacking Caedus with speed and power that matches his own.

Caedus would be "so angry"? You just showed that you know nothing about Caedus.

And Mace does not match Caedus in speed and power; not even close. Again, Mace's normal, non-amplified speed feats are:

Mace has moved in blurs, moved invisibly fast, generated large afterglows and formed afterimages (varying comics, Shatterpoint), formed webs out of his blade (Shatterpoint), struck multiple times before others could blink (Shatterpoint), and so on.

Caedus has fought fast enough to contend with Luke, a duelist of Palpatine's speed class - again, too fast for Mace to even see or react, let alone fight properly (Inferno), although this was with a number of elements in Caedus's favor, has outran blaster bolts (whilst injured, IIRC) (Betrayal), brandished his lightsaber fast enough to cover entire chamber corners in the light of his blade, formed ribbons of light with his blade, into which he disappeared (Invincible), and moved fast enough to appear as a blur and form fans out of his blade, even immediately after being stabbed in the gut (Invincible).

Caeuds is several tiers ahead of Mace in speed. In fact, his speed feats were of Mace's class after he was severely injured by being stabbed through the gut.

As for Mace equaling Caedus in power, you clearly didn't read anything on Caedus has you claimed if you believe this is the case. Mace has a number of inconsistent telekinetic showings - with the more consistent ones, he has telekinetically destroyed droids via Force Push, displayed Crush on non-Force sensitives such as Grievous, gathered visible energy and utilized considerable effort in order to manipulate a 13m AT-TE, has manipulated trees and boulders, and has collapsed unstable cliff-face portions.

Caedus has telekinetically manipulated 40m ships, effortlessly manipulated 16m Y-Wings, casually hurled speeders at Jedi whilst engaged with said four Jedi, incapacitated Ben Skywalker via Lightning, has utilized multiple Force powers at once, displayed Flow-walking, Fold Space and Force Meld, and so on. Caedus is multiple tiers ahead of Mace, powerful enough to even ragdoll him.

So no, Mace does not have speed and power that matches Caedus's. Caedus is a significant number of tiers ahead of Mace in both.

The above reasons, which are all false, which are all founded on the basis of lack of intrinsic knowledge and lack of understanding of context, and which are more likely taken from Wookieepedia than from the actual sources themselves (the only source I can infer you to have read is the RotS novel). You may have read more, but clearly, you failed to grasp the context. So again, it matters not what knowledge you possess; it only matters if you know how to apply that knowledge.

Caedus would win every time, in a good fight.

Round 2 and 3 are a bit more ambiguous because aside from force lightning, we are never really told how other force powers would work on Mace while he gives himself fully to Vaapad, but I would imagine the effects would be similar, Mace would reflect the powers back at the caster, be it choke, lightning, etc.

Nonsense. Mace can reflect Force powers? That never happened, and you cannot "reflect" Choke. What this reflects is how lacking you are in the knowledge of SW Force powers.

Moreover, is this Mace reflecting Force powers?

And yes, before you say it, I know Mace was back on his feet in the next panel. That's not the point - the point is that Mace is not invulnerable to Force attack.
And yes, before you say it, I know Mace was back on his feet in the next panel. That's not the point - the point is that Mace is not invulnerable to Force attack.

This is unprecedented fanwanking on Mace's part. Never have I ever heard somebody claim Mace is absolutely immune to Force attack because he would innately "reflect" them back at others, which doesn't even make sense. He deflected Palpatine's Lightning with all his effort, and he was about to die, but Palpatine stopped in order to manipulate Anakin.

Both the RotS comic and the novel depict Mace being TKed into a wall by Palpatine, so that evidently disproves your theory that if Mace was "giving himself fully to Vaapad", something I will take to mean "if he was amped in that one-time scenario", he would be immune to Force powers.

That being said I don't we have a clear enough understanding of Vaapad's full capability's to make a solid judgment call.

Not we, just you. Vaapad is elucidated on clearly enough. Don't even attempt to imply there is more to Vaapad than the preposterousness you were spouting earlier.

In other words, you rashly jumped to conclusions via extensive reaching, despite the fact that you personally confess to not having enough understanding to do so? This is non sequitur with your previous comments, which were also all appeals to ignorance.

If you need information, ask. That's what the boards are here for.

The only thing we do know, is that Mace was able to reflect sith lightning from the at the time, considered by most, to be the most powerful dark side user to have ever lived, right back at him, and melt his face/mask off.

Mace nearly died from that, despite the fact that he was amped (which became irrelevant), because his blade was being bent back towards his face, as per the novel. In the novel, it was made clear that Palpatine could have killed him via Lightning, but stopped in order to play games with Anakin.

Now Anakin was at Mace's shoulder. Palpatine still made no move to defend himself from Skywalker; instead he ramped up the lightning bursting from his hands, bending the fountain of Mace's blade back toward the Korun Master's face.

"You're the chosen one, Anakin," Mace said, his voice going thin with strain. This was beyond Vaapad; he had no strength left to fight against his own blade. "Take him. It's your destiny."

None of what you have said is correct. Really, it was evident that your post was conjured from a combination of just making up information, and then relying on non-canonical sources such as Wookieepedia. You just prefaced your argument once with "I read all these sources" just to make yourself appear more convincing, but from what can be seen from your post, you really haven't read any of it, or if you did, you clearly weren't paying attention. I'm not in any desperation to reach for conclusions, so I will not claim to know what you have or haven't read, only state what seems apparent to me from the outside.

I'm simply tired of all the Mace Windu fanwank. Whether this was intentional or not is inconsequential, but the amount of misinformation being spread on the basis of ignorance is overwhelming.

Vaapad is not an innately superior lightsaber form. I have no idea why people sell it as an ultimate, intrinsically-superior lightsaber form. It's just another style based on different principles. It is not the ultimate lightsaber form, and again, I have absolutely no idea why people sell it as such.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Erkan12

In my humble opinion, most of your are writing Windu off far to easy. Wait!!!

Before you call for my head, I ask only that you hear me out please.

First, as I understand it, their are no sneak attacks or stealth kills allowed, this is a face each other, bow, then begin fighting death match. If im wrong, please tell me.

Second, with Mace's mastery of Vaapad, he was able to keep up with the much more powerful Darth Sidious while using Vaapad. Vaapad, in simple terms allows him to take the darkness of anyone hes fighting, and turn it against his enemy. Now, again, hear me out.

From what we learned during his fight with Sidious, Vaapad can bring Mace's power up to about even with any dark sider he is fighting. Then, he can fight effortlessly, (taken straight from the episode 3 novel), with his enemy, and begin to think about strategy, or even use his Shatterpoint ability.

That being said I don't we have a clear enough understanding of Vaapad's full capability's to make a solid judgment call. The only thing we do know, is that Mace was able to reflect sith lightning from the at the time, considered by most, to be the most powerful dark side user to have ever lived, right back at him, and melt his face/mask off.

Agreed, (again)

Also for addition to Mace's TK defense, in RotS comic book, Mace already proved that he can resist an telekinetic attack from Darth Sidious; right here :

No Caption Provided

He can also deflect a powerful force lightning as we've seen it before.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ShootingNova

That proved Mace can get hit via TK, not that he can "resist it". The fact that he was smashed into the wall, and he desperate expression, both clearly indicate that.

The lengths that you will go to to promote Mace Windu are incalculable, aren't they? Nobody in the history of CV has successfully refuted what I said above. If anybody does, I will concede, but as of yet, nobody even remotely approaches that, especially considering this was part of Silver's initial treatise, which, again, nobody managed to successfully refute. Denying it or ignoring it does nothing to substantiate your point. The fact is this: that your only imperative is to elevate Mace Windu above all others because of his innate "he looks or is awesome" vibe that so many are obsessed with. Your unceasing desire to fanwank Mace illogically, and equally illogically, lowball others is tremendous. And I am a biased Sidious and Dooku fanboy? Caedus got wrecked by Luke? Give me a break. You haven't even read any material on Caedus, nor on that iteration of Luke. It's evident you just want Mace Windu to win, since, to you, he appears very evidently to be no. 1 in SW. It doesn't matter as long as you stop pestering threads by posting the same nonsense that was refuted months ago. It's childish, it's juvenile, it's primary. I really would just flag you for trolling if this continues.

Really, you have nothing to add. If you had just been set on discussing Mace Windu, that might have been fine, but deciding an outcome when you visibly know nothing about Caedus and have never read any sort of material on him whatsoever is laughable. Just stop posting nonsense that was already refuted. Really, with almost nobody stopping you now in CW threads, you can just go there to post whatever you wish. Leave the post-RotJ and OR threads to people who actually read and understood the material. You're not contributing anything to these threads and you're just spoiling what few SW threads have any hope left by posting the same things over and over again, regardless of the amounts of times they are refuted. There's no need for these threads to degenerate into flame wars, as with other CW threads.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: The best part is, you won't even receive as much as acknowledgement for a reply, and the same nonsense will just pop up in a new Mace Windu thread, or even a thread that has nothing to do with Mace Windu. But of course it's fine to ruin countless threads and spout nonsense because it's within the rules.....

Ancient_Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova:

Wow....

I didn't have time to read everything, I need to head to work. But the one quick note I can add in, is your forgetting that Mace never allowed Vaapad to swallow him, like he did when fighting Palp, he was always afraid of falling to the darkside, once he got over that, after the events of Shatterpoint, this is the full potential of Vaapad, I will answer more when I get back home.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_RapTOR_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By _RapTOR_

@spartankobe: @shootingnova: Spartan, I only thought that Mace could win a few rounds in a lightsaber only fight, but get stomped in a Force or All-out fight. I dunno. I guess I thought Mace's strength + skill would be enough for him to win a few of the lightsaber rounds (even though Caedus is also obviously faster). But I'm not completely sure, lol.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't have time to read everything, I need to head to work. But the one quick note I can add in, is your forgetting that Mace never allowed Vaapad to swallow him, like he did when fighting Palp, he was always afraid of falling to the darkside, once he got over that, after the events of Shatterpoint, this is the full potential of Vaapad, I will answer more when I get back home.

You have no evidence of this (Mace has never been seen to hold back in fights, except perhaps for a few select practice sessions in the Temple), and you have no evidence it will be of consequence. More than that, Mace had opportunities to capture/beat Dooku and Grievous, and at those times, it would be tantamount to beating Palpatine, since Dooku was thought to be the Sith master behind the Clone Wars and the head of the Confederacy, much like Palpatine was for the Republic. It makes no sense that Mace would hold anything back

I have no idea why people assume that the events of Shatterpoint had anything to do with Mace's skill or speed class. It was explicitly explained in the RotS novel that Mace was not amped because he was "no longer afraid of falling to the dark side", but, as I have already proven, that Palpatine was manipulating and destroying the Republic from within, and Mace received excess levels of darkness within him as a result of that. Because of the inner workings of Vaapad, this excess darkness translated to an amplification.

I've already proven my points - you have no evidence of anything and you clearly chose to make up information and ignore my evidence just to suit your points. Don't even attempt to debate me unless you have evidence to refute my points, because I spent a considerable amount of time and effort making that post. Unless you create a quality response to match that, then it's not worth responding too.

The best part is, you won't even receive as much as acknowledgement for a reply, and the same nonsense will just pop up in a new Mace Windu thread, or even a thread that has nothing to do with Mace Windu. But of course it's fine to ruin countless threads and spout nonsense because it's within the rules.....

That's more or less why I decline to have any extensive debates in (especially pure) CW threads.

Ancient_Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova:

Ok, sorry for the wait, everyone has to make that money.

First, Nova.... Thanks for making me feel welcome, no really, after only about 20 posts, I get blasted by you, trying to make all sorts of assumptions about my own life, you probably got all your information from wookiepeida, and so forth.... Well I could make a great deal of assumptions about you, based of your angry post towards me, who has never done anything even remotely rude to you, but I wont, I'm just going to ignore that facet of your assumed angry personality.

When I first found this form, I assumed it was a great place to chat about what if battles, I should have read more into this website and prepared myself for posts like this I guess, oh well, fool me once, anyway.

First, its been awhile since I read some of the books, Im not going to pretend I remember every line about every book. But I can tell you with absolute certainty, that you don't either....

Now I have some answers I need to post for you, you clearly don't understand, or refuse to even try to understand ANYTHING I typed earlier, so lets try again.

First I was referring to Sidious being much more powerful than Windu, not comparing him to Caedus, but I still think Sidious is a good deal stronger than Caedus. Apologies if I didn't make that statement clear, Im up typing very late at night.

Then the reason I feel you sorely underestimate Vaapad. You would like text pasted here to read it seems, very well I will indulge you. Please review this small selection of text, there will be a quiz at the end of this lesson.

Anakin could feel how the Force fed upon the shadow's murderous exaltation; he could feel fury spray into the Force though some poisonous abscess had crested in both their hearts. There was no Jedi restraint here. Mace Windu was cutting loose.

Mace was deep in it now: submerged in Vaapad, swallowed by it, he no longer truly existed as an independent being. Vaapad is a channel for darkness, and that darkness flowed both ways. He accepted the furious speed of the Sith Lord, drew the shadow's rage and power into his inmost center—

And let it fountain out again. He reflected the fury upon its source as a lightsaber redirects a blaster bolt.

There was a time when Mace Windu had feared the power of the dark; there was a time when he had feared the darkness in himself. But the Clone Wars had given him a gift of understanding: on a world called Haruun Kal, he had faced his darkness and had learned that the power of darkness is not to be feared. He had learned that it is fear that gives the darkness power. He was not afraid. The darkness had no power over him. But—

Vaapad made him an open channel, half of a superconducting loop completed by the shadow; they became a standing wave of battle that expanded into every cubic centimeter of the Chancellor's office. There was no scrap of carpet nor shred of chair that might not at any second disintegrate in flares of red or purple; lampstands became brief shields, sliced into segments that whirled through the air; couches became terrain to be climbed for advantage or overleapt in retreat. But there was still only the cycle of power, the endless loop, no wound taken on either side, not even the possibility of fatigue.

A few pages later

Because Vaapad is more than a fighting style. It is a state of mind: a channel for darkness. Power passed into him and out again without touching him. And the circuit completed itself: the lightning reflected back to its source.Palpatine staggered, snarling, but the blistering energy that loured from his hands only intensified. He fed the power with his pain.

Now what have we learned from your first post? You mentioned "Stop acting as if Vaapad is the ultimate win-all be-all, get-out-of-jail free card. Vaapad is strictly an alternative iteration of Juyo, but it is still classified as Form VII for the very reason that its base principles in respects to strict combat remain the same. Mace's mastery Vaapad had him lose to Dooku and Kar Vastor, too, and it had him stalemate Sora and an immobile Grievous in a contest of blades, which forced him to rely on telekinesis to knock them away."

Do you understand why I said what I did now? Have you started to really think about what im saying?

This is right from the book, Copied right from Silver's thread actually.

So Vaapad is not simply a variation of form 7, its so much more than that.

We also know from reading Shatterpoint....... That Mace feared the darkside, he feared what giving himself completely over to Vaapad would do, would he fall to the darkside as everyone else who had truly learned Vaapad had? Vos did not master Vaapad, let me just stop you right there. Lets go back to the book.

There was a time when Mace Windu had feared the power of the dark; there was a time when he had feared the darkness in himself. But the Clone Wars had given him a gift of understanding: on a world called Haruun Kal, he had faced his darkness and had learned that the power of darkness is not to be feared. He had learned that it is fear that gives the darkness power. He was not afraid. The darkness had no power over him.

After his time on his home planet, he finally truly mastered Vaapad. He could fully give himself to it, and fight at his maximum power, combing with Vaapad to defeat any dark side user he encountered. But im getting ahead of myself, you also said.

Indeed? Is that, quite precisely, why, in each of the duels against his opponents under neutral circumstances, he failed to do that? I never saw Vaapad manipulating the darknesses of Dooku, of Ventress, or Sora Bulq, of Grievous, or with Kar Vastor. In fact, he only fought Dooku to a draw, fought Sora to a draw, fought Grievous whose mobility was restricted to a draw, and beaten Ventress with difficulty. He lost to Kar Vastor. Now, tell me, because each of these characters are indeed aligned with the dark or the dark side, why Mace Windu failed to "take their darkness", and "turn it against them". Why, if he was so successful against Palpatine, that he would have such issues against lesser opponents? Because I can tell you why. I can tell you that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Vaapad does not "take the darkness of anyone he is fighting". Absolutely no source defines Vaapad as such. The entire premise of Vaapad is for Mace to use his own darkness, not his opponent's:

Once Mace fully mastered Vaapad, he could draw from any darksider, not just Sidious.

There was no Jedi restraint here. Mace Windu was cutting loose.

In all those instances, Mace was not cutting lose, he didn't give himself fully over to Vaapad. By the way, Dooku ran, Ventress ran, GG that fight was a terrible place to fight for either of them, and Windu could have killed him at anytime if he really wanted to, with just a force crush, as he did when he saw Palp being kidnaped, he stopped messing around, and got down to business, but GG is not a Darksider, he cant draw from him as he would from Dooku or Vader, even then GG ran. So that's 3 people who ran, that's 3 W's for Windu, with 1 draw, if you want to count the train fight.

Mace was deep in it now: submerged in Vaapad, swallowed by it, he no longer truly existed as an independent being. Vaapad is a channel for darkness, and that darkness flowed both ways. He accepted the furious speed of the Sith Lord, drew the shadow's rage and power into his inmost center—

And let it fountain out again. He reflected the fury upon its source as a lightsaber redirects a blaster bolt.

Did you catch the part about Mace drawing on the shadow's rage and power into his center, and throwing it right back at him? The same way a light saber reflects a blaster bolt.... Or Sith lightning, true he didn't resist that force push, but he disengaged his blade lock, and jumped to a window, did that mean he fell out of Vaapad? Because soon after he had to drop back into it.

Let me say I agree with parts of Silver's post, and parts I don't. Mace was amped, I agree. Mace defeated Sidious in the lightsaber part of their duel, if Sidious was just going to let him win, why did he try to push him out of the window, with Mace barley able to survive that?

You also said. Vaapad does not "take the darkness of anyone he is fighting". Absolutely no source defines Vaapad as such. The entire premise of Vaapad is for Mace to use his own darkness, not his opponent's: Please see above....

Sorry, im running out of time here. But you should understand where im coming from more clearly now, just to finish this part about Windu and his amp. Windu did not truly master Vaapad until he fought Sidious, he let himself go, he said F*** it lets go, he cut loose, something Windu is not known for doing, he stays cool and calm under pressure, even when being beaten by Vastor, and again, he was only beaten because he had not fully mastered Vaapad yet, he was still afraid of what it would do to him.

Now lets talk about Yoda, and Sora, and such. Yoda is a different story, but when Mace is sparring with other Jedi, does it make any sense at all to cut loose on them? No it doesn't, that's just asking for injury and death to happen, Mace is a very humble guy, he doesn't care who thinks they are as good as he is. So yes you see other Jedi spar with him, but is he really using Vaapad on them, do you really think hes cutting loose on other Jedi? I could be wrong, but I don't think any book or comic says while he sparring, not fighting, that he is using Vaapad on other Jedi. Sparring is just that, sparring. Not cut loose, throw your Jedi ideals to the way side and murder your friends.

About Sora and Depa, is it 100% out of the realm of possibility that he didn't want to kill them? As I already stated, he had not yet truly mastered Vaapad when fighting them, but lets say he did. Depa was like a daughter to him, he didn't want to hurt her, much less kill her. Here we have humble Windu just trying to have his cake and eat It to, don't hurt her, but still bring her home. Sora developed Vaapad along side Mace, as stated, he had not truly mastered Vaapad, but even if he did, would cool calm Windu really just kill his friend? I don't think so, once he realized Ventress was killing Jedi, he ended the fight, in a none lethal way, and told her she was not good enough to beat him, she agrees to this, and runs. He even said he didn't want to kill her, but he would if he had to, she agreed to that as well, Ventress admitting someone is good enough to kill her.

Yoda, same deal, did he use Vaapad on Yoda? Try to kill Yoda? I think not. Sparring is sparring. I took marital arts for 10 years, the first thing they say when sparring, is control, keep everything controlled. Yoda is also different from most others, because he has no darkness to draw from, but Mace could still draw from his own darkness, although it would not be nearly as effective. Yoda fought Dooku, Dooku strained a bit, but handled everything Yoda threw at him, then ran. That's a W for Yoda, but not a smashing one. So one could be forgiven for thinking logically that if Dooku could defend Yoda, so could Windu. Yoda has little stamina from his age, if you weather his initial storm, then get him on the defensive, just as Sidious did, you can outlast him.

Ok bed time, work tomorrow, sorry if I didn't answer everything you posted. Im happy to debate with all of you if you don't agree, but please keep in mind my free time is limited, but I will post when I can. Also, please be respectful, its no fun to debate with people who think they are elitists. I apologize for my snarky comments, I was a bit angry, but im over it now, and to tired to go back and delete them.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_legend:

First, Nova.... Thanks for making me feel welcome, no really, after only about 20 posts, I get blasted by you, trying to make all sorts of assumptions about my own life, you probably got all your information from wookiepeida, and so forth.... Well I could make a great deal of assumptions about you, based of your angry post towards me, who has never done anything even remotely rude to you, but I wont, I'm just going to ignore that facet of your assumed angry personality.

Well, as Silver used to say, aggression being evident in my argument is not a sign I have any emotion behind it.

So no, I am not being angry, and I've already made points addressing what I said. I already said I don't know what you have or haven't read, only what is apparent on the outside. None of this is a result of being angry or rude to somebody else. But if you do think I am being angry, then there's nothing that I can do. I'm known for being blunt and frank, so I can't do anything about that. And what I said was not incorrect, thus far. If you had read anything on Caedus, you would not have posted what you did. Everything you said is reflective of ignorance, to be honest. But since you seem so terribly upset by this, let's refrain from continuing the discussion about these semantics and what not.

When I first found this form, I assumed it was a great place to chat about what if battles, I should have read more into this website and prepared myself for posts like this I guess, oh well, fool me once, anyway.

This is entirely a place for discussion, and as you may have heard, this is the internet. The false impression of my anger does nothing to inhibit discussions.

First, its been awhile since I read some of the books, Im not going to pretend I remember every line about every book. But I can tell you with absolute certainty, that you don't either....

Tell me where I claimed I memorized every line. Instead of misreporting me, why don't you take into consideration what I really asked, which was for you to support your arguments with evidence? That was all I asked and it was precisely what happened. Therefore; no fuss.

First I was referring to Sidious being much more powerful than Windu, not comparing him to Caedus, but I still think Sidious is a good deal stronger than Caedus. Apologies if I didn't make that statement clear, Im up typing very late at night.

Fair enough. Misunderstanding, then.

Then the reason I feel you sorely underestimate Vaapad. You would like text pasted here to read it seems, very well I will indulge you. Please review this small selection of text, there will be a quiz at the end of this lesson.

There are so many people who vastly overestimate Vaapad. It is not an innately superior form.

I almost feel as if your latter sentence was a bait attempt, but regardless, I have read that part of the novel indeed.

Anakin could feel how the Force fed upon the shadow's murderous exaltation; he could feel fury spray into the Force though some poisonous abscess had crested in both their hearts. There was no Jedi restraint here. Mace Windu was cutting loose.

There was a time when Mace Windu had feared the power of the dark; there was a time when he had feared the darkness in himself. But the Clone Wars had given him a gift of understanding: on a world called Haruun Kal, he had faced his darkness and had learned that the power of darkness is not to be feared. He had learned that it is fear that gives the darkness power. He was not afraid. The darkness had no power over him. But—

Vaapad made him an open channel, half of a superconducting loop completed by the shadow; they became a standing wave of battle that expanded into every cubic centimeter of the Chancellor's office. There was no scrap of carpet nor shred of chair that might not at any second disintegrate in flares of red or purple; lampstands became brief shields, sliced into segments that whirled through the air; couches became terrain to be climbed for advantage or overleapt in retreat. But there was still only the cycle of power, the endless loop, no wound taken on either side, not even the possibility of fatigue.

A few pages later

Because Vaapad is more than a fighting style. It is a state of mind: a channel for darkness. Power passed into him and out again without touching him. And the circuit completed itself: the lightning reflected back to its source.Palpatine staggered, snarling, but the blistering energy that loured from his hands only intensified. He fed the power with his pain.

Now what have we learned from your first post? You mentioned "Stop acting as if Vaapad is the ultimate win-all be-all, get-out-of-jail free card. Vaapad is strictly an alternative iteration of Juyo, but it is still classified as Form VII for the very reason that its base principles in respects to strict combat remain the same. Mace's mastery Vaapad had him lose to Dooku and Kar Vastor, too, and it had him stalemate Sora and an immobile Grievous in a contest of blades, which forced him to rely on telekinesis to knock them away."

Did you understand my post, at all? I already noted that this occurred, but more than once I referenced that this was due to being amped. Specifically, this has never occurred in other, natural circumstances. Posting a part of the novel which I already addressed and proved to have occurred under specific circumstances not translatable to this fight or any other has no bearing on what I said. This doesn't prove anything.

We also know from reading Shatterpoint....... That Mace feared the darkside, he feared what giving himself completely over to Vaapad would do, would he fall to the darkside as everyone else who had truly learned Vaapad had? Vos did not master Vaapad, let me just stop you right there. Lets go back to the book.

Actually, it is, because it is classified as Form VII. Yes, it is Form VII, as was made clear in Shatterpoint.

Where did I say Vos mastered Vaapad? It was evident he only knew one maneuver. In fact, with the search function, I never even mentioned Vos. Why would you bring him up and tell me not to mention him when I didn't do so to begin with?

There was a time when Mace Windu had feared the power of the dark; there was a time when he had feared the darkness in himself. But the Clone Wars had given him a gift of understanding: on a world called Haruun Kal, he had faced his darkness and had learned that the power of darkness is not to be feared. He had learned that it is fear that gives the darkness power. He was not afraid. The darkness had no power over him.

What does this have to do with anything? Yes, Mace was shaped by the events on Haruun Kal. That does not equate to him being amplified by it. In fact, your proposition was, if I understood your post, that Mace was able to access this state any time following the events of Shatterpoint. That is simply not true. Shatterpoint occurred in 22 BBY, and yet, in events following that - for instance, his brief duel with Dooku in Obsession, in 20 BBY, and his duel with the hindered Grievous in Labyrinth of Evil, in 19 BBY, just preceding the events of RotS, did not occur in the same manner as the duel with Palpatine. If Mace could access that state at any time after Shatterpoint, then he would have fought faster than either Dooku or Grievous would have seen, but he didn't. He didn't even gain an advantage at any perceivable stage of the duels.

There is no evidence for Mace in a number of his fights anyways. His general nature is to not hold back, which he has no reason to do.

In all those instances, Mace was not cutting lose, he didn't give himself fully over to Vaapad.

Evidence for this, or that it would make a difference? Again, Dooku was, at the time of Obsession (which took place after Shatterpoint) thought to be the Sith Master, not Palpatine. As a result, there would be no reason for him to not cut loose or hold back on Vaapad. And Mace also expressed interest in destroying or at least defeating Grievous, so there is no reason for him to go back on his professed instance and not fight to the best of his ability, especially since the duel with Grievous was crucial in getting to the Chancellor.

By the way, Dooku ran, Ventress ran, GG that fight was a terrible place to fight for either of them,

Dooku ran because there were other Jedi in the area and he had no interest in fighting any of them, or Mace, to begin with. Mace interrupting his already planned departure is not "Dooku ran". And Mace still never gained an edge. If he was in the state that he fought Palpatine, or even anything close, he would have speedblitzed the Count or beaten him immediately, but neither of those occurred. He failed to gain any noticeable advantage.

Once again, Mace is only Dooku's equal at best, as per Yoda's observations (he has no reason to be biased) in Yoda: Dark Rendezvous, which also takes place after Shatterpoint:

The Count's blade was quick as a viper striking. Among the other Jedi, perhaps only Mace Windu would have been his equal on neutral ground: but here on Vjun, steeped in the dark side, his bladework was malice made visible—wickedness cut in red light.

Source: Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

And Mace had to use all of his skills to beat Ventress:

Mace Windu had to use all his skills to defeat the dark side fighter Asajj Ventress.

Source: The Official Star Wars Fact File 108 (Credit to Intrepid37)

None of this is proof of anything. Ventress also only managed to roughly draw with Dooku, even whilst he was drugged and she had two of the best Nightsister fighters at her side. Really, Mace does not exceed Tyranus in skill, and Ventress challenged him. Neither would hold a candle to Palpatine, and Ventress certainly wouldn't hold a candle to Caedus.

and Windu could have killed him at anytime if he really wanted to, with just a force crush, as he did when he saw Palp being kidnaped, he stopped messing around, and got down to business, but GG is not a Darksider, he cant draw from him as he would from Dooku or Vader, even then GG ran.

Again, you didn't read LoE, or at least failed to grasp the context. Grievous never ran. Mace had no intentions of any further dueling with him, and so he used TK to BFR Grievous. That is not anywhere close to Grievous running away:

Instead Mace leapt backward, out of the range of the slicing blades, and Force-pushed outward, just at the instant of Grievous's single misstep.Off the side of the car the general went, twisting and turning as he fell, Mace trying to track the general's contorted plunge, but unsuccessfully.

Source: Labyrinth of Evil

Grievous never ran. He fought Mace to a standstill despite the General being hindered by being rendered nearly immobile, whereas, thanks to the Force, Mace had more freedom of movement.

Just as the Force was keeping Mace from being blown from the mag-lev's roof, magnetism of some sort was keeping the general fastened in place. For the cyborg, though, the coherence hindered as much as it helped, whereas Mace never remained in one place for very long.

Source: Labyrinth of Evil

And why do users always seem intent on mentioning Mace displaying Crush on Grievous, a non-Force sensitive once. Mace using Crush on something with no resistance to the Force is not some commendable feat, nor does it have any bearing on their combative skills. So this is just a red herring.

So that's 3 people who ran, that's 3 W's for Windu, with 1 draw, if you want to count the train fight.

So that's 2 more scenarios where you failed to grasp context, 2 more draws, and 1 victory that required all of Mace's skills.

Sorry, im running out of time here. But you should understand where im coming from more clearly now, just to finish this part about Windu and his amp. Windu did not truly master Vaapad until he fought Sidious,

Absolutely none of your quotations, or anything in the RotS novel, had anything to do with Mace mastering Vaapad until he fought Sidious. In fact, he had every reason and opportunity to be doing so in the past, such as against Tyranus, but he didn't. So yes, he was amped.

You've went this far about trying to prove Mace's mastery of Vaapad was never reached until the duel with Palpatine, which remains unproven, but more importantly, you failed to address my points about these circumstances being one-time only. You also claimed that Vaapad would innately allow him to manipulate the darkness of another and beat them via that method, but then, you never proved that he could do this against anybody else, and even presuming your still unproven claims about Mace only mastering Vaapad in RotS (you first claimed it was in Shatterpoint, on Haruun Kal, now in RotS, which is non-sequitur) is still irrelevant, since you haven't proven Mace wouldn't be able to take the darkness of another and use it against them before he mastered Vaapad. In fact, you've failed to prove that this mastery was explicitly what allowed him to reflect the fury of Palpatine.

he let himself go, he said F*** it lets go, he cut loose, something Windu is not known for doing, he stays cool and calm under pressure, even when being beaten by Vastor, and again, he was only beaten because he had not fully mastered Vaapad yet, he was still afraid of what it would do to him.

Mace's duel with Palpatine is not a result of him "mastering Vaapad". It is a result of specific circumstances surrounding their relationship with each other and the Republic, as I explicitly proved and as you have still failed to even address, let alone disprove. None of your posts have anything to do with why Mace would win 9/10 against Caedus, either.

Did you catch the part about Mace drawing on the shadow's rage and power into his center, and throwing it right back at him? The same way a light saber reflects a blaster bolt....

Did you catch the part where I proved this is an isolated instance that is not applicable to any other scenario? Your ability to cherry-pick isolated situations and ignore my evidence is noteworthy, but next time, please do try to properly read my post. And address my points properly. You selectively chose parts of my post to quote, but you ignored the entire instance where I explained how and why Mace was amped, and why it would not apply here or anywhere else.

but he disengaged his blade lock, and jumped to a window, did that mean he fell out of Vaapad? Because soon after he had to drop back into it.

I never said anything about falling out of Vaapad. So this is a red herring.

Let me say I agree with parts of Silver's post, and parts I don't. Mace was amped, I agree. Mace defeated Sidious in the lightsaber part of their duel, if Sidious was just going to let him win, why did he try to push him out of the window, with Mace barley able to survive that?

If you agree that he was specifically amped for that one encounter, and that encounter only, then that would render your entire argument null.

The comic depicted him being slammed into the wall. If you were referencing the novel, that doesn't disprove anything. If Palpatine was able to predict and misdirect Mace's usage of Shatterpoint, he has no reason to be unable to predict Mace's ability to survive his Force Push.

Now lets talk about Yoda, and Sora, and such. Yoda is a different story, but when Mace is sparring with other Jedi, does it make any sense at all to cut loose on them? No it doesn't, that's just asking for injury and death to happen, Mace is a very humble guy, he doesn't care who thinks they are as good as he is. So yes you see other Jedi spar with him, but is he really using Vaapad on them, do you really think hes cutting loose on other Jedi? I could be wrong, but I don't think any book or comic says while he sparring, not fighting, that he is using Vaapad on other Jedi. Sparring is just that, sparring. Not cut loose, throw your Jedi ideals to the way side and murder your friends.

It is an appeal to ignorance to assume that simply because no book mentions it, then it isn't the case. Mace Windu's primary form is and has always been Vaapad ever since he created it. So yes, he would use it against other Jedi. You don't need to kill somebody just to beat them, or else since Mace's intention was not to kill Palpatine (until after the Lightning attack) and only disarm him, would mean he wasn't fighting to the best of his ability against Palpatine?

And Mace is not "humble". He is only humble towards characters he deems his superior such as Yoda, and perhaps closer friends such as Dooku. He is not humble as a person, considering his talks with, say, Anakin.

About Sora and Depa, is it 100% out of the realm of possibility that he didn't want to kill them? As I already stated, he had not yet truly mastered Vaapad when fighting them, but lets say he did. Depa was like a daughter to him, he didn't want to hurt her, much less kill her. Here we have humble Windu just trying to have his cake and eat It to, don't hurt her, but still bring her home. Sora developed Vaapad along side Mace, as stated, he had not truly mastered Vaapad, but even if he did, would cool calm Windu really just kill his friend? I don't think so, once he realized Ventress was killing Jedi, he ended the fight, in a none lethal way, and told her she was not good enough to beat him, she agrees to this, and runs. He even said he didn't want to kill her, but he would if he had to, she agreed to that as well, Ventress admitting someone is good enough to kill her.

You have no explicit proof to indicate he never mastered Vaapad when fighting them. I already mentioned him refraining from attacking Depa.

For Sora, however, there is no argument. You are making an appeal to ignorance if you assume he would hold back against Sora. You have no evidence of this, and Mace is a dutiful character. He would do his duty which was to subdue Sora. Even if he didn't want to kill Sora, he would still have no reason to not defeat him, ie. via disarming him. But he didn't. He also never fought faster than Bulq could see, again, making his experience with Palpatine unique. Also, even if Mace was holding back, Sora TKing him should not have occurred, even if he was holding back - as he should have simply repelled or blocked the TK.

As for beating Ventress, so what? Ventress doesn't even compare to Caedus, but she gave Mace a significant challenge:

Mace Windu had to use all his skills to defeat the dark side fighter Asajj Ventress.

Source: The Official Star Wars Fact File 108 (Credit to Intrepid37)

Yoda, same deal, did he use Vaapad on Yoda? Try to kill Yoda? I think not. Sparring is sparring. I took marital arts for 10 years, the first thing they say when sparring, is control, keep everything controlled. Yoda is also different from most others, because he has no darkness to draw from, but Mace could still draw from his own darkness, although it would not be nearly as effective. Yoda fought Dooku, Dooku strained a bit, but handled everything Yoda threw at him, then ran. That's a W for Yoda, but not a smashing one. So one could be forgiven for thinking logically that if Dooku could defend Yoda, so could Windu. Yoda has little stamina from his age, if you weather his initial storm, then get him on the defensive, just as Sidious did, you can outlast him.

So what if Yoda beat Dooku? He also beat Mace.

And so what if Mace could defend against Yoda? They are all on the same tier in raw skill, it is merely the power disparity and physical attributes disparity between Mace and Yoda which skewers it in Yoda's favor. And Yoda does not have "no darkness". All characters have some level of darkness within them, they simply refrain from allowing it to surface. However, sources have already shown even the most powerful and wisest of Jedi, such as Yoda and Luke, do have some level of darkness within them.

Ok bed time, work tomorrow, sorry if I didn't answer everything you posted. Im happy to debate with all of you if you don't agree, but please keep in mind my free time is limited, but I will post when I can. Also, please be respectful, its no fun to debate with people who think they are elitists. I apologize for my snarky comments, I was a bit angry, but im over it now, and to tired to go back and delete them.

I was not assuming to be an elitist, nor did I have any hint of arrogance when I responded.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Erkan12

@ancient_legend said:

After his time on his home planet, he finally truly mastered Vaapad. He could fully give himself to it, and fight at his maximum power, combing with Vaapad to defeat any dark side user he encountered. But im getting ahead of myself, you also said.

Once Mace fully mastered Vaapad, he could draw from any darksider, not just Sidious.

In all those instances, Mace was not cutting lose, he didn't give himself fully over to Vaapad. By the way, Dooku ran, Ventress ran, GG that fight was a terrible place to fight for either of them, and Windu could have killed him at anytime if he really wanted to, with just a force crush, as he did when he saw Palp being kidnaped, he stopped messing around, and got down to business, but GG is not a Darksider, he cant draw from him as he would from Dooku or Vader, even then GG ran. So that's 3 people who ran, that's 3 W's for Windu, with 1 draw, if you want to count the train fight.

Did you catch the part about Mace drawing on the shadow's rage and power into his center, and throwing it right back at him? The same way a light saber reflects a blaster bolt.... Or Sith lightning, true he didn't resist that force push, but he disengaged his blade lock, and jumped to a window, did that mean he fell out of Vaapad? Because soon after he had to drop back into it.

You also said. Vaapad does not "take the darkness of anyone he is fighting". Absolutely no source defines Vaapad as such. The entire premise of Vaapad is for Mace to use his own darkness, not his opponent's: Please see above....

Sorry, im running out of time here. But you should understand where im coming from more clearly now, just to finish this part about Windu and his amp. Windu did not truly master Vaapad until he fought Sidious, he let himself go, he said F*** it lets go, he cut loose, something Windu is not known for doing, he stays cool and calm under pressure, even when being beaten by Vastor, and again, he was only beaten because he had not fully mastered Vaapad yet, he was still afraid of what it would do to him.

Agreed about Sora and Depa, they have a serious history together and I believe thats why he was holding back massively (he defeated Bulq when he learned Ventress). When it come to Ventress, he simply outclassed her. Same Ventress is superior to Sora.

Mace usually holds back as you said, it has been confirmed many times ;

No Caption Provided

The fight is over. Accept it -- and your life...

No Caption Provided

Mace Windu fights only defensively, fending off his fellow jedi, hoping to make him see reason once more... And his opponent ?

No Caption Provided

His opponent flows with the rage in his heart... His opponent seeks to kill.

Ancient_Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Ancient_Legend

@shootingnova:

Your missing the point of my post. You mention again and again, that reading is one thing, but understanding is another entirely. So really sit down and examine what I'm saying.

No, their is no proof that Windu did not just go out an try to kill his Jedi friends while sparring, but isn't this common sense? Their is also no proof that Windu was cutting loose on them either, or for that matter, trying to kill Dooku, or Sora, or GG. Why use a form that was designed for the user to enjoy the fight, and enjoy the thrill of victory, when your not trying to achieve victory. Im of the opinion that Windu did not master Vaapad until his fight with Sidious, that's the why book went out of its way to say Mace, was no longer holding back, no more Jedi restraint here, he was cutting loose.

Your making the very same appeal of ignorance, you are making many assumptions about Sidious not really trying to beat Windu, you write off a force push that very nearly killed Windu, and say Sidious knew he would have survived, you think if this entire fight was mapped out in Sidious's head, that he knew the extent of what all the Jedi could survive. You said "The comic depicted him being slammed into the wall. If you were referencing the novel, that doesn't disprove anything. If Palpatine was able to predict and misdirect Mace's usage of Shatterpoint, he has no reason to be unable to predict Mace's ability to survive his Force Push."

Your making the very same appeal of ignorance.

Time for work, talk later when I come home.

Your right, this is the internet, far to much of it is ruled by people who try to act like elitists, all im asking for is the same respect I show you, you don't need to talk down to anyone to get your point across, in fact, if you truly try to understand the another person, you may find some truth to their side, maybe even changing the way you think about a subject. Im reading everything you post with an open mind. I don't believe your affording me the same courtesy.

Ancient_Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12:

Excellent post, Vos came right out and asked why Mace was trying to save him. I don't remember reading that part.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ShootingNova

@ancient_legend:

Your missing the point of my post. You mention again and again, that reading is one thing, but understanding is another entirely. So really sit down and examine what I'm saying.

Actually, I know perfectly well what you are saying. And what you're [still] ignoring.

No, their is no proof that Windu did not just go out an try to kill his Jedi friends while sparring, but isn't this common sense? Their is also no proof that Windu was cutting loose on them either, or for that matter, trying to kill Dooku, or Sora, or GG. Why use a form that was designed for the user to enjoy the fight, and enjoy the thrill of victory, when your not trying to achieve victory.

Of course it's obvious that Windu wasn't going to kill them. Anybody with a brain can realize that. What I was insinuating was that not killing somebody is not equivalent to holding back. Tyranus had specific orders not to kill Anakin, and up until RotS, he was not entirely willing to kill Kenobi either. Does that mean he was holding back in all of their fights? In fact, the way of a Jedi is to first win without killing their enemies, and the only exception is under overwhelming circumstances ie. Obi-Wan vs Anakin and Yoda vs Palpatine. Mace Windu never attempted to kill Palpatine until after the Lightning, prior to that, he was only attempting to disarm and arrest him. But evidently enough, he was not holding back, as the novel indicates.

Im of the opinion that Windu did not master Vaapad until his fight with Sidious, that's the why book went out of its way to say Mace, was no longer holding back, no more Jedi restraint here, he was cutting loose.

The book said nothing about mastering Vaapad, and mastery of Vaapad is absolutely irrelevant to not holding back.

Your making the very same appeal of ignorance,

No, I'm not. I've based all my conclusions on evidence.

you are making many assumptions about Sidious not really trying to beat Windu, you write off a force push that very nearly killed Windu, and say Sidious knew he would have survived, you think if this entire fight was mapped out in Sidious's head, that he knew the extent of what all the Jedi could survive.

Sidious having no intentions to kill Mace Windu is heavily implied by the film, let alone other sources that depict the fight from a less detatched viewpoint. It was evident he required Mace to act as "evidence" of the Jedi's "betrayal". If he killed Mace Windu, then he would have no instruments in proving to Anakin that the Jedi were traitors. The novel clearly indicated he could have killed Mace at any time via Lightning, including in the instance that was shown, but he refrained from doing so, obviously, because, again, he needed him for Anakin's corruption.

I never dismissed the Force Push that killed Windu in the nonchalant manner that you are implying I did. I already told you that my arguments are based on evidence. Sidious could have killed Mace via Lightning, as per the novel, but didn't, so he could play him against Anakin. Sidious also managed to misdirect Mace Windu's usage of Shatterpoint, knowingly.

From those, we know that:

1. Sidious had no intentions of killing Mace, despite the fact that he could.

2. Sidious knew what Mace was sensing, and was able to misdirect his senses and Shatterpoint.

Therefore, it is perfectly within reason to suggest that Palpatine would have realized that Mace wouldn't have died from the Force Push and would have managed to avert it. If he was able to manipulate Mace's Senses and his usage of Shatterpoint, it is not reaching to suggest Palpatine could also play a Force Push so that Mace wouldn't have died, and we know Palpatine wanted Mace alive, not dead.

Moreover, Sidious sensed the arrival of the Jedi and deemed it as a good thing, not to mention indicating that he had planned for the event for years.

The Coruscant nightfall was spreading through the galaxy. The darkness in the Force was no hindrance to the shadow in the Chancellor's office; it was the darkness. Wherever darkness dwelled, the shadow could send perception. In the night, the shadow felt the boy's anguish, and it was good. The shadow felt the grim determination of four Jedi Masters approaching by air. This, too, was good.

"If you only knew," he said softly, perhaps speaking to the Jedi Masters, or perhaps to himself, or perhaps even to the scarlet blade lifted now as though in mocking salute, "how long I have been waiting for this..."

Therefore, it is indeed evident that Palpatine had planned for the fight and had desired for it to go as he did. Everything happened perfectly conveniently. Mace's usage of Shatterpoint (which we know was misdirected by none other than Palpatine), Anakin's arrival (which Palpatine did influence to some degree via telepathic messages), and Anakin's betrayal (which Palpatine had wanted and planned for). We know that Palpatine had planned for all three, and had directly influenced them all. I say it is extremely likely Palpatine had wanted for the fight to proceed as it did.

Your right, this is the internet, far to much of it is ruled by people who try to act like elitists, all im asking for is the same respect I show you, you don't need to talk down to anyone to get your point across, in fact, if you truly try to understand the another person, you may find some truth to their side, maybe even changing the way you think about a subject. Im reading everything you post with an open mind. I don't believe your affording me the same courtesy.

In other words, you ignored my own elucidation on the fact that I was not being arrogant or acting like an elitist, despite the fact that I made a point of it not being the case. I've already told you I am not ignoring you or failing to understand you, at least not willingly, that I am not disrespecting you, and that I am reading your posts with a clear head. In spite of that, you simply ignored me and continued your rant about how I'm talking you down and not reading your posts with an open mind and heavily implying that I'm not trying to truly understand you. That is both very childish and juvenile. I've told you that none of your points were the case, yet you continue to indicate that they are?

All of your posts thus far are all based on Mace Windu, and your points have been refuted, not to mention the fact that you have contradicted yourself, which I have pointed out but you neglected to respond to. None of this shows the knowledge you claimed to possess on Caedus, and the fact that he contended with Luke is evidence that Mace is outclassed physically and with a blade. Your one mention of Caedus was his inability to utilize Shatterpoint, whilst Mace could, despite Caedus being equally capable with it in practicality. You neglected to mention any of his most notable areas in combat, especially considering they exceed Mace's. You can make all the posts you want about Mace, but none of this reflects why he would get a 9/10. If you really did read any of Caedus's books and understood them, not only would you have not made the points you did, but also you would have expounded on why he would lose such a vast majority in much more detail, rather than briefly mentioning him once with information that is on Wookieepedia, which is precisely why I am led to believe you got your knowledge on Caedus from there. I expect you to disprove that before it becomes fact.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: I think it would just be best to ignore. Just because his posts are expansive, it does not mean they are worth a grain of salt. He is also resorting to calling you an elitist and arrogant when you clearly point out logical fallacy's in his posts.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ShootingNova

@spartankobe: While I agree some of his displays (such as ignoring my points and repeating his own ad nauseam) are juvenile, I also know that he can be reasoned with at least to some extent, so I would not so easily dismiss him in the same sense as some others. The purpose of debate is to make others see through your eyes, or to at least give a show. Ignoring him does neither; I would prefer only to resort to that if I know he can't be reasoned with or if I was too tired to debate, and neither was the case.