• 108 results
shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#1  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Setting is The Father's temple on Mortis.

Round 1: Mace as he normally is

Round 2: Mace with his amp

Who wins?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Versus

No Caption Provided
shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Bump

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

As the Star Wars heavy hitters said, Yoda can beat Plagueis. So if Plagueis goes down after a very close and long fight and Mace is still standing, then I do not think Caedus can take on Yoda and Mace at the same time.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

It's about who goes down first: Plagueis or Mace. For Yoda vs Caedus... I don't know.

However, if the two crossed and it was Caedus vs Mace, Plagueis vs Yoda, Mace is going down first.

I'm leaning toward the Sith.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@JediXMan: Hmm...I think Yoda beats Caedus. As does Mace with his amp. Mace without his amp is losing to Caedus and possibly Plagueis too on the account of having inferior Force ability...

Yeah, I can't decide. I'm leaning towards the Jedi though.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Bump

Avatar image for jedisupermaster
Jedisupermaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jedisupermaster

Yoda and Mace wins. And Yoda can beat either of them in lightsaber combat.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@Jedisupermaster: Agreed. Caedus at least could give him a fight, but Yoda still wins. That said, Plagueis could easily beat Mace before Yoda beats Caedus, at which point its 2 against 1. So really it could go either way.

Avatar image for jedisupermaster
Jedisupermaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jedisupermaster

@shroudofsorrow said:

@Jedisupermaster: Agreed. Caedus at least could give him a fight, but Yoda still wins. That said, Plagueis could easily beat Mace before Yoda beats Caedus, at which point its 2 against 1. So really it could go either way.

I highly doubt Plagueis can beat Mace "easily".

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@Jedisupermaster: While his lightsaber skills are vastly inferior, he has a much better command over the Force. He's also faster, and likely stronger too. I should rephrase, when I said Plagueis could "easily" beat Mace, that's not what I meant. He can win, potentially, and if he wins before Yoda's done with Caedus then Yoda is in trouble. Mace is far superior in terms of lightsaber combat this is true, but Plagueis outclasses him in other arenas.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By JamesKM716

I think the Sith take the majority of 7-8/10. Both Plagueis and Caedus should be able to defeat Mace. And while I admit that Yoda can likely defeat either of the Sith solo in a ferocious (and close) duel, Yoda simply cannot defeat both together.

It's possible that Yoda could defeat Plagueis in time to face Caedus and defeat him too, but that turn of events is incredibly unlikely IMO

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@JamesKM716: Mace could hold out against Plagueis potentially, but yeah, thinking about it, the Sith likely win. Yoda and Mace are better lightsaber duelists, but Mace is a weak link in terms of force ability.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Round 1: Team 1 majority.

Round 2: Team 2 for majority

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JamesKM716

@shroudofsorrow: Mace could hold out a bit, but not nearly long enough. The Sith should be able to win in time.

Also, I forgot about the rounds, so here:

Round 1: Sith win 9/10

Round 2: Sith win 7-8/10

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Chaos Prime

Round 1 Sith 6/10

Round 2 Jedi 8/10

Imo round one will be alot closer than some think.In character Mace probably has the best Guy he could wish for keeping an eye out for him,not that he will need it in the early exchanges imo But as time goes by the fight will favour the Sith.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@JamesKM716: Hmm...I'd say Round 2 goes to the Jedi more often than not. Amped Mace fought evenly with Sidious, who is a vastly better lightsaber duelist than Plagueis or Caedus. So I'd say the Jedi win Round 2 more often than not.

@Chaos Prime said:

Round 1 Sith 6/10

Round 2 Jedi 8/10

Yeah, that seems right, though I think the Sith might win a few more times in Round 1.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JamesKM716

@shroudofsorrow said:

@JamesKM716: Hmm...I'd say Round 2 goes to the Jedi more often than not. Amped Mace fought evenly with Sidious, who is a vastly better lightsaber duelist than Plagueis or Caedus. So I'd say the Jedi win Round 2 more often than not.

Silver outlined it within his massive post on it, but the most likely conjecture was that Sidious was holding back against Amped Mace. WE don't know to what extent (Not ALL that much likely).

But anywho, I'd wager Plagueis about equal to an Amped Mace, and Caedus even greater. I will admit that I have Round 2 too high.

Round 1: Sith 9/10

Round 2: Sith 6/10

Avatar image for imboredletsdebate
ImBoredLetsDebate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JamesKM716 said:

@shroudofsorrow said:

Silver outlined it within his massive post on it, but the most likely conjecture was that Sidious was holding back against Amped Mace. WE don't know to what extent (Not ALL that much likely).

But anywho, I'd wager Plagueis about equal to an Amped Mace, and Caedus even greater. I will admit that I have Round 2 too high.

What would put either of them equal or greater than an amped Mace?

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JamesKM716

@ImBoredLetsDebate: Plagueis is more of conjecture, in that we've never seen a fully unleashed combat Plagueis, and personally I think he's likely incredibly strong.

Caedus dueled Luke Skywalker evenly, which is better than an Amped Mace. He also took down 5 (I think it was five, maybe 4) Jedi in roughly thirty seconds, one of whom was Kyle Katarn.

Avatar image for imboredletsdebate
ImBoredLetsDebate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JamesKM716 said:

@ImBoredLetsDebate: Plagueis is more of conjecture, in that we've never seen a fully unleashed combat Plagueis, and personally I think he's likely incredibly strong.

Caedus dueled Luke Skywalker evenly, which is better than an Amped Mace. He also took down 5 (I think it was five, maybe 4) Jedi in roughly thirty seconds, one of whom was Kyle Katarn.

From my knowledge, Caedus never dueled Luke evenly when Luke was actually trying to win. Who were these Jedi? Mace dueled Sidious who took down 3 notable Jedi Masters in less than 10 seconds (movie wise).

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@JamesKM716: @ImBoredLetsDebate: Indeed, I was under the impression that there were unique circumstances that allowed Caedus to do well against LotF Luke, who also is not as powerful as NJO Luke. Also, this idea that Plagueis is likely very powerful doesn't work. Theory and ideas have no weight here, feats do. Its the same as saying that Zannah after killing Bane and absorbing his power was greater than him, but HOW greater is impossible to say due to a lack of feats. Its the same with Plagueis. He has no feats. He would do well against Mace Windu only because he completely outclasses him in terms of Force ability.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@JamesKM716 said:

Is that a fact? Because the novelization explicitly referred to it as an impasse. But whatever. If Sidious was only holding back a little, it sill makes Amped Mace more than capable of handling Caedus and especially Plagueis.

@ImBoredLetsDebate said:

But anywho, I'd wager Plagueis about equal to an Amped Mace

No he is not. Not even close. Plagueis is FEATLESS in terms of dueling skill. Fighting with a featless version of Sidious is not the same as fighting evenly with Sidious at a time when he was the most powerful Sith there is. Plagueis is far, far, below both Mace Windu amped and Mace as he normally is.

@JamesKM716 said:

I'd say more Round 1: Sith 7-8/10, Round 2 Jedi 8/10.

Avatar image for manhunter_prime
Manhunter_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Manhunter_Prime

I don't see how Sith take Round 1. Yoda is strong enough to take out Caedus, and Plagueis is less powerful than Caedus in combat terms.

Avatar image for mrachakravartin
MRAChakravartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It could go either way.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sith win the first round just about every time.

Mace is the weak link. Telekinetically, at best he can move tanks and send droids flying a few kilometers, but Caedus can moved 40-meter long ships and Plagueis disintegrates armored assassins while injured before his prime. His speed is also so much inferior that I doubt he would accomplish anything but defend himself against either Sith. Honestly, Plagueis could beat him only utilizing telekinesis and speed.

Yoda is equal to either Sith in speed and is more powerful than Caedus, but it would be a tough fight against either of them. He is the best combatant on the field, but he's only delaying the inevtiable: Mace's death and the Sith double-teaming him.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plagueis is a star buster

No Caption Provided

hilarityensues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoda takes Plagueis and Mace makes short work of Caedus.

AnonymousJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoda takes Plagueis and Mace makes short work of Caedus.

What?

hilarityensues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anonymousjedi: He is barely on Dooku's level. Getting stomped by Luke Skywalker is his best feat, Caedus was debunked long ago.

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2. Mace is comparable to anyone from Team 1 whilst Yoda can beat either.

hilarityensues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By hilarityensues

@richard96: Obviously not Caedus fanboy with Caedus profile photo disapproves of unfavourable Caedus opinion. Hmmmmm...

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoda >/= Mace > Plagueis > Caedus, assuming peak fighting state.

Jedi win. Caedus in particular is a weak link.

hilarityensues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By hilarityensues

@i_like_swords: Interesting. I don't necessarily disagree, but find it interesting that you have Mace equal to Yoda and superior to Plagueis...

I can't imagine this a common opinion on these forums?

AnonymousJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hilarityensues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AnonymousJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AnonymousJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Interesting. I don't necessarily disagree, but find it interesting that you have Mace equal to Yoda and superior to Plagueis...

I don't think Vaapad is an "amp", and I think Mace's personal power is why he did so well against Sidious. Sidious was clearly going all out up until Anakin entered the room, and then he put on a show. The evidence for this is him trying to throw Mace out of the window beforehand.

AnonymousJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hilarityensues said:

I don't think Vaapad is an "amp", and I think Mace's personal power is why he did so well against Sidious. Sidious was clearly going all out up until Anakin entered the room, and then he put on a show. The evidence for this is him trying to throw Mace out of the window beforehand.

It is interesting how this is somehow the case, even when Sidious never uses any offensive force abilities. Yet, with the Dooku vs. Yoda battle, most people believe Yoda was 'holding back' and use this very reason as there main proof. Never quite understood it, myself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anonymousjedi: He used TK on Windu per two sources, so that doesn't make any sense. Jedi restraint is why Yoda didn't obliterate Dooku.

AnonymousJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anonymousjedi: In just the movies, Mace kicks Sidious' ass, so checkmate atheists.

AnonymousJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AnonymousJedi

@i_like_swords: And in the movies there's no clear indication that Yoda held back (except force-wise), so how does this come to be?

hilarityensues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Yes and No. We have sources like this:

Yoda and Dooku were almost equals, with the little Jedi Master having perhaps a slight edge over his former padawan.

Source: The Official Star Wars Fact File #34

And Yoda stating he wanted Dooku captured but he was still willing to kill. Obviously I'm sure there are still contradictions galore elsewhere.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anonymousjedi said:

@i_like_swords: And in the movies there's no clear indication that Yoda held back (except force-wise), so how does this come to be?

He doesn't use any offensive Force abilities against him, but merely deflects Dooku's attacks - unlike with Sidious - and he expresses sentiment towards his "former padawan." Moreover, he kicks his ass, whereas in "just the movies" Mace outright defeats Sidious.

But since we're considering legends sources, not sure why you want to take the discussion down this route anyway.

@hilarityensues said:

@i_like_swords: Yes and No. We have sources like this:

Yoda and Dooku were almost equals, with the little Jedi Master having perhaps a slight edge over his former padawan.

Source: The Official Star Wars Fact File #34

And Yoda stating he wanted Dooku captured but he was still willing to kill. Obviously I'm sure there are still contradictions galore elsewhere.

They certainly might have appeared that way on the surface, but in reality, that's not the case. Moreover, there are plenty of other sources, namely the primary depictions of the fight, which show Yoda having a huge edge, in addition to their Dark Rendezvous battle where despite Dooku being egregiously amped and Yoda weakened in equal part, and Yoda genuinely holding back out of sympathy, he still dominates Dooku.

Yoda might have been willing to kill Dooku, but it doesn't mean he was fully unrestrained in his attempt to do so. Yoda and Sidious have glaringly different fighting styles, which is why Dooku lasted as long as he did.

AnonymousJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AnonymousJedi

@i_like_swords: He didn't really kick his ass... sure, he was winning from pretty much the beginning, but it wasn't like he was completely stomping him to the degree that is suggested here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anonymousjedi: Semantics. Dooku ran away because he was struggling, and Yoda wasn't even breaking a sweat. More to the point, Yoda is an equal of Sidious, who can ragdoll Dooku casually and beat him in under 10 seconds in a duel.

AnonymousJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anonymousjedi: Semantics. Dooku ran away because he was struggling, and Yoda wasn't even breaking a sweat. More to the point, Yoda is an equal of Sidious, who can ragdoll Dooku casually and beat him in under 10 seconds in a duel.

This is the only part that suggests Yoda can beat Dooku easy that I've seen, from memory, other than the tiers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers