Darth Bane & Zannah (DoE) vs Obi-Wan and Anakin (RotS)

• 91 results
silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By silentbat
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ShootingNova

Callouts don't work in the OP.

Good fight, but team 2 should win just about every time. I can elucidate more if necessary, I'm just in a rush at the moment. The largest playing factor is skill which lies clearly skewered in the Jedi team's favor.

That does remind me, I am planning to make a Zannah respect thread. I've already got ones for Bane and Obi-Wan up.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

LOL.

fenderek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi-Wan and Anakin should win 9/10 - the Sith team doesn't have any advantage. However, Jedi certainly don't stomp. Their advantage is very huge, but not enough to make it an easy fight - it will be long, hard and tiring.

Darth Bane is certainly more powerful than Obi-Wan, and is very close to Anakin. His Force powers are much better than Obi-Wan, but he never utilized it to gain an advantage against Jedi/Sith less powerful than Obi-Wan. Exception is Quordis and Kas'im. Obi-Wan is far, far more skillful in lightsaber combat, has a slight speed advantage, which in a lightsaber duel between fighters of this caliber would be more important than strength advantage of Bane.

Anakin has every advantage that Obi-Wan has, is much more powerful, and though his variety in the Force sucks, all Bane has against him is Lightning.

Darth Zannah had huge problems in saber combat against warriors of Bane style - strong, with astonishing offense, progressively overwhelming their opponents. Anakin Skywalker is exactly like Bane in this regards, only faster and more skilled. Her sorcery might be a wildcard here though. Neither Obi-Wan nor Anakin would be able to fight against Bane&Zannah simultaneously, and if Zannah got the better of Obi-Wan/Anakin via her sorcery, then it's over. However, she was capable of doing so only against distracted opponents or in the proper distance. Against Obi-Wan/Anakin duo, when they would be hugely outclassed in skill... Very low chances of Zannah doing this. That's why 9/10, not 10/10 though.

@shootingnova - you meant something like that?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fenderek: You think Obi-Wan is slightly faster then Bane? Why do you think that, if you don't mind me asking?

Anyway, I agree with your assessment on the fight. This would be much closer if Bane had his orbalisk armor.

fenderek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011 - Obi-wan has reacted to the sub-light speed along with Anakin, jumped over Dooku so fast he seemed to vanish (include that he was fightning *Dooku*), defended against 12 strikes at a second from Grievous, deflected blaster fire from enemies shooting at all directions in RotS, created afterglows in multiple battles against gunners, and also against Anakin.

Bane has killed a gunner-team before his training, gathered raindrops on his saber when avoiding some of them, and disarmed Sirak surpassing perception of other Force-Sensitive students.

Bane is extraordinarily fast, but it seems just that Obi-Wan's faster, though it's not an epic difference.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fenderek: Actually I'd say Bane was probably faster. Obi-Wan could comfortable defend against 12-18 strikes a second from Grevious, Bane could bat away a rain storm without getting wet. I forget what the specific quotes is from the book but I believe it was something like thirty strikes a second.

fenderek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silentbat - yes, this feat certainly rivals Obi-Wan and can easily surpass speed feat from Grievous duel. However, Kenobi's speed presented in blaster deflection, defending from all directions etc. is obviously superior if you ask me. Not saying there's an epic dispairty - just Obi-Wan's advantage. I can agree with it being minor, I can certainly call it a fair distance between them. I take it as an obvious Kenobi's advantage, but I would also never call it large disparity.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually I'd say Bane was probably faster. Obi-Wan could comfortable defend against 12-18 strikes a second from Grevious, Bane could bat away a rain storm without getting wet. I forget what the specific quotes is from the book but I believe it was something like thirty strikes a second.

Obi-Wan deflecting omnidirectional blaster fire from entire armies at once is at least as good as Bane deflecting torrential rain for ten minutes.

@fenderek said:

Obi-Wan and Anakin should win 9/10 - the Sith team doesn't have any advantage. However, Jedi certainly don't stomp. Their advantage is very huge, but not enough to make it an easy fight - it will be long, hard and tiring.

Darth Bane is certainly more powerful than Obi-Wan, and is very close to Anakin. His Force powers are much better than Obi-Wan, but he never utilized it to gain an advantage against Jedi/Sith less powerful than Obi-Wan. Exception is Quordis and Kas'im. Obi-Wan is far, far more skillful in lightsaber combat, has a slight speed advantage, which in a lightsaber duel between fighters of this caliber would be more important than strength advantage of Bane.

Anakin has every advantage that Obi-Wan has, is much more powerful, and though his variety in the Force sucks, all Bane has against him is Lightning.

Darth Zannah had huge problems in saber combat against warriors of Bane style - strong, with astonishing offense, progressively overwhelming their opponents. Anakin Skywalker is exactly like Bane in this regards, only faster and more skilled. Her sorcery might be a wildcard here though. Neither Obi-Wan nor Anakin would be able to fight against Bane&Zannah simultaneously, and if Zannah got the better of Obi-Wan/Anakin via her sorcery, then it's over. However, she was capable of doing so only against distracted opponents or in the proper distance. Against Obi-Wan/Anakin duo, when they would be hugely outclassed in skill... Very low chances of Zannah doing this. That's why 9/10, not 10/10 though.

@shootingnova - you meant something like that?

A fair enough assessment.

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, are we discounting Zannah's Sith sorcery. It would not be much use against Obi-Wan but it could certainly mess up Anakin.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheVivas

And team 2

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 takes it. Orbalisks Bane could solo.

Abeloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is doe bane, not orbalisk bane. And barring a memory walk/mental assault on Anakin, team 1 has absolutely no chance.

PLAYA1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2. No one on team 1 has any skill feats to compare with team 2. Conversely, team 2 is more powerful as well.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 curbstomps.

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rexorr

@burnface said:

Team 2 curbstomps.

You wot m8?

@abeloth Yeah, but Hannah could take out either with Sith Sorcery while Bane takes out the other. Team 1 7/10 IMO.

sXe619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burnface said:

Team 2 curbstomps.

Why is it that in nearly every battle I see you saying the word "curbstomp" or "SLAUGHTERHOUSE" when it isn't? It's getting really unnecessary and annoying tbh... I just had to point that out.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team two wins in a decent bout every time.

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorcery+baldy for the win

Avatar image for black_of_shadow
Black_Of_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Black_Of_Shadow

bump

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think there's discussion potential here. These two teams share many attributes in common but also have several dissimilarities.

I would personally favor Anakin and Obi-Wan for around 7/10 or so, but I can see differing arguments being made.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28
deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silver2467: I'm willing to try make a case for Bane & Zannah but I don't know if I'm the right person to do so.

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Emperordmb

I'd side with team one personally. DOE Bane has substantially more force power than an earlier incarnation of himself who could level the temple of the ancients and liquidate a man with a force wave, is powerful enough with force lightning to disintegrate four people with a single one-handed blast while exhausted and even blacken orbalisk shells, Is faster than ROT Bane whose faster than POD Bane who moved faster than an entire room of Sith who were almost masters could see, was strong enough to tear through durasteel prison doors while drugged, is durable enough to survive a concentrated storm of his own lightning while orbalisks were burrowing through his body to the extent of chewing into his bones while expanding and exploding inside of him. In POD he also sabersoloed a group of twelve tuk'ta (a group of ten challenged 5 of the best Jedi combatants in the order and 3 other Jedi in 23 BBY and a group of over a dozen would've proved a challenge for Luke, Jaina, and Ben in FOTJ) prior to becoming a much greater duelist by the end of POD, where he showed the ability to react to any move and sequence of the seven forms with the exclusion of Jar'kai, and all of that was prior to becoming much more powerful with the orbalisks and even more powerful as of DOE, and refining his fighting style further in the decade between ROT and DOE.

Zannah likewise has sorcery that would overcome either of her opponents, as Anakin has obvious emotional vulnerabilities, and Obi-Wan as of this point has his fair share of emotional baggage, and neither of whom are on par with Bane in terms of willpower.

@shootingnova said:
That does remind me, I am planning to make a Zannah respect thread. I've already got ones for Bane and Obi-Wan up.

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/emperordmb/blog/darth-zannah-respect-thread/124971/

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Emperordmb

@shootingnova: **** sorry. Hadn't realized the topic had been bumped.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 because Obi is the weak link.

Brightsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin teaches Bane what a real Djem So stylist looks like.

Don't give a shit 'bout the other two.

Avatar image for black_of_shadow
Black_Of_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

bigsambino87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By bigsambino87

Team 2 wins. Anakin is superior to Bane as a Form V Duelist, and Kenobi's Soresu is going to be much more refined than Zannah's.

Form V vs Form V would come down to who has the stronger form, as it's a highly offensive style. Anakin is clearly superior to Bane in that respect.

Form III vs Form III, defensive styles, would come down to who is better at offensive attacks while still maintaining the defense of Soresu. Kenobi is able to seamlessly switch between Ataru and Soresu. To my knowledge, Zannah has a pretty good defense but not quite as much in the way of offense.

If it comes down to Form V vs III, and vice versa, then you would have Kenobi vs Bane. Bane would not be able to penetrate Kenobi's defense. Zannah would not be able to withstand Anakin's offense. It would be an impressive fight, and I do expect Team 1 to win at least once or twice, but I'm saying it's at least 8/10 for the Jedi, if not 9/10.

JarJarBinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JarJarBinks

Zannah is the only threat, honestly. Team 2 without much dificulty.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 easy, Zannah is the weak link.

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team one easy, Kenobi can't stand up to either of their Force powers and Anakin stands absolutely no chance against both Bane and Zannah at once.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DaDivineKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ObiKin.

This Obi-Wan being a weak link thing, is utter bullshit.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Zannah TPs Anakin, putting him out of the fight, her team wins. If she TPs Obi-Wan, putting him out of the fight, her team lose.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Bump.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin fodderizes them.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Greysentinel365

The Jedi win quite convincingly.

Given that mental shields are based on raw power I don't see Zannah doing anything to Anakin and Kenobi's willpower is insane

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The Jedi win quite convincingly.

Given that mental shields are based on raw power I don't see her doing anything Anakin and Kenobi's willpower is insane

Anakin a mentally unstable wreck though. Just thinking about Padme prevented him from breaking open a door in LOE IIRC.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker

Zannah's sorcery won't do anything to Anakin. In order for that to take effect, she has to penetrate the innate mental barrier that protects him, and that barrier is a representation of his full potential. There is absolutely no way that Zannah, a person with infinitely lesser potential than Sidious, who has half the potential of Anakin will ever be able to pull it off. She is actually way better off just employing Dun Moch or tricking him with illusions.

For that matter, her sorcery isn't doing anything to Kenobi either, whose own potential should be much ahead of hers too( nothing child Zannah has even remotely compares to Kenobi mastering the Jedi fundamentals at age 2, not to mention his vast array of impressive stuff he performs later).

Not that he is even required here.

She did it for Bane, because her applied power exceeded even Bane's own potential power( which was effectively his current power because he was declining).

BioDynamicApe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BioDynamicApe

@lordofthelight:

she has to penetrate the innate mental barrier that protects him, and that barrier is a representation of his full potential.

Mind providing some context as to why this is the case?