• 93 results
noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By noobsnowman

@wollfmyth: I want to continue but real life issues are on me.

But regarding the Bakura duel, I'm pretty sure it was immediately after the Battle of Geonosis, when Dooku fled from his fight from Yoda, and Tholme and Bulq were secretly locating Dooku's base so they can assassinate him. Tholme claimed that he could feel Dooku's exhaustion from the battle, so I don't think its months after.

That's why I was hesitant to get on Comicvine, because I don't have the time to post lengthy arguments, nor do I own any scans myself to back my points.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28
deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthduelist9 said:

@sidious06

@cs_zoltan

It is because it would imply that every generation there is a being extremely powerful in the force and would be just more powerful then his/her master. So every generation there is a giant pool of extremely powerful force sensitive's from which the master can choose amd just everytime choses an aporentice that is a little bit more powerful then him/her and not far more powerful. Considering it repeated itself for 1000 years, the chances are extremely small to none existend. But that isn't even the most important reason of my comment.

All it takes to measure a person's midichlorian count is a blood test. It's that simple, you know.

Again you are evading everything I said in my comment. I am talking about the essence of the rule of two, which is not to improve combatively with every new generation but to defeat the Jedi through manipulation, cunning,... (the way Palpatine destroyed the Jedi order in ROTS).

Sidious06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Sidious06
@darthduelist9 said:
@sidious06 said:
@darthduelist9 said:

@sidious06

@cs_zoltan

It is because it would imply that every generation there is a being extremely powerful in the force and would be just more powerful then his/her master. So every generation there is a giant pool of extremely powerful force sensitive's from which the master can choose amd just everytime choses an aporentice that is a little bit more powerful then him/her and not far more powerful. Considering it repeated itself for 1000 years, the chances are extremely small to none existend. But that isn't even the most important reason of my comment.

All it takes to measure a person's midichlorian count is a blood test. It's that simple, you know.

Again you are evading everything I said in my comment. I am talking about the essence of the rule of two, which is not to improve combatively with every new generation but to defeat the Jedi through manipulation, cunning,... (the way Palpatine destroyed the Jedi order in ROTS).

I am completely aware what your comment as a whole was about, I was just debunking one of the arguments you used to support it, because my comment specifically responds to the following words:

So every generation there is a giant pool of extremely powerful force sensitive's from which the master can choose amd just everytime choses an aporentice that is a little bit more powerful then him/her and not far more powerful. Considering it repeated itself for 1000 years, the chances are extremely small to none existend.

That is a statement that also stands by itself.

WollfMyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to continue but real life issues are on me.

I see.

But regarding the Bakura duel, I'm pretty sure it was immediately after the Battle of Geonosis, when Dooku fled from his fight from Yoda, and Tholme and Bulq were secretly locating Dooku's base so they can assassinate him. Tholme claimed that he could feel Dooku's exhaustion from the battle, so I don't think its months after.

The comic notes it's shortly after the battle of Geonosis. So a day or so, to be safe. What Tholme claims could also be a simple Dun Moch attempt, albeit it could also be Dooku getting tired.

That's why I was hesitant to get on Comicvine, because I don't have the time to post lengthy arguments,

Understandable.

nor do I own any scans myself to back my points.

Hmm, well it's always a disadvantage to not have sources, but you can go here and download a good deal of SW books: http://www.hungry-ewok.ru/sw/all_books.htm

SithRevenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we seriously using Tuk'ata as a power scaler? Because Exar Kun, before accepting the Dark Side, slaughterhoused 30 of them on Korriban.

Jedi!Kun > PoD!Bane confirmed?

WollfMyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sithrevenant: A good feat for Kun. And Jedi Kun very well could be superior to Bane as of early in PoD. However, Bane did have negative circumstances by this time and this was done well before his capability to actually compete with Kas'im.

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we seriously using Tuk'ata as a power scaler?

Beggars can't be choosers.

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sithrevenant: that was Bane noticeably before his POD peak, as he wouldn't stand a chance against Kas'im holding back with a saberstaff at that point, yet drove Kas'im into a desperate retreat when Kas'im was fighting to his full ability with a saberstaff later on.

Also I'm given to understand that Kun's slaughter was a force feat while Bane's was strictly a saber feat, making the two of them kinda difficult to compare, but please correct me if I'm wrong on that one.

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth: also worth mentioning they had him surrounded when they attacked, something that would've made fending them off all the more difficult given their strategic abilities, unpredictability, and their ability to keep fighting after sustaining lightsaber injuries.

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By cs_zoltan

@zapan87:

The vicious tuk'ata moved at lightning speed. They did not have an attack strategy. They didn't need one. They charged with flashing teeth and claws and whipping stingers.

Anakin jumped toward the lead tuk'ata. He wanted to be the first to bring one down. The beast whirled, its yellow eyes flat with menace. One massive claw swiped through the air. Anakin caught it with his lightsaber. The beast howled. He had only angered it.

He needed to hit a vulnerable spot. He saw Ferus and Siri attack a tuk'ata together, moving in rhythm. Perhaps he should have waited for his own Master, but with a quick look over his shoulder Anakin saw that Obi-Wan was occupied with two tuk'ata at once, while Ry-Gaul and Tru were racing to help.

The creature swiped at him again, and, anticipating the move, Anakin ducked and rolled, trying to strike up into the beast's chest, where he assumed a blow would kill it. To his surprise, the stinger landed on his arm. He had not expected that range of motion. Instantly, his arm was on fire, though the stinger had barely licked him. Anakin flipped his lightsaber to his other hand, cursing his luck.

The tuk'ata struck, no doubt following up on his advantage. While its prey was immobilized by the poison, the beast would finish him off. But Anakin was able to flip backward and strike, this time burying his lightsaber in the middle of the creature's head. He heard the sizzle and smelled the smoke. The yellow eyes rolled, and the creature fell dead.

Ry-Gaul and Tru had been outflanked by two tuk'ata. Obi-Wan had his hands full with one massive beast, bigger and fiercer than the rest. Anakin leaped on the back of the tuk'ata bearing down on his Master, hoping to distract it. The beast reared up, both stingers waving, while Anakin did a quick and elusive dance to avoid their sting.

Obi-Wan advanced, striking the tuk'ata with a series of hard blows. The creature staggered. Anakin was able to slash at the creature's neck before he was thrown off. The tuk'ata screamed, rearing, and Anakin and Obi-Wan leaped out of its way. It toppled and thrashed and then was still.

They were already moving, turning to charge one of the tuk'ata who was after Tru. With a roar, it turned on them instead, circling and striking, trying to get claws and teeth embedded into Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan used his liquid cable launcher and anchored it on the creature's horn. Using the cable, he swung up and out, his lightsaber a blur of motion as he attacked again and again. The creature howled, trying to claw Obi-Wan away. Anakin was able to deliver the death blow in the chest.

Obi-Wan swung off the creature and landed, his boots thudding on the dirt. The cries of the tuk'ata mingled with the buzz of lightsabers as the Jedi met their attacks with moves and counter-moves. The tide of the battle was turning. Five tuk'ata lay dead, and two were mortally wounded. Anakin and Obi-Wan were able to team up with Ry-Gaul and Tru first alternately feinting to confuse the creature, and then slicing it into several pieces.

Soara and Darra, working together in their usual flawless teamwork, had somehow kept two tuk'ata at bay. Wounded, the two counterattacked, but Darra and Soara were too fast, too agile, and too strong.

At last all the tuk'ata lay dead or dying, their cries echoing off thestones of the mountain.

"So much for legends," Anakin said, sheathing his lightsaber.

LondonBFR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By LondonBFR

@sithrevenant said:

Jedi!Kun > PoD!Bane confirmed?

Kun is harder, better, faster, stronger than Bane in any setting.

There's only one hindrance:

Kun merely adopted the dark. Bane was born in it, molded by it. He didn't see the light until he was already a grown man. By then it was nothing to him but blinding.

Brightsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Brightsteel

@londonbfr:

Kun merely adopted the dark. Bane was born in it, molded by it. He didn't see the light until he was already a grown man. By then it was nothing to him but blinding.

Yet Kun still became more powerful. Not seeing how this is relevant. :catprone

LondonBFR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brightsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28
deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthduelist9 said:
@sidious06 said:
@darthduelist9 said:

@sidious06

@cs_zoltan

I am completely aware what your comment as a whole was about, I was just debunking one of the arguments you used to support it, because my comment specifically responds to the following words:

So every generation there is a giant pool of extremely powerful force sensitive's from which the master can choose amd just everytime choses an aporentice that is a little bit more powerful then him/her and not far more powerful. Considering it repeated itself for 1000 years, the chances are extremely small to none existend.

That is a statement that also stands by itself.

Alright my mistake.

Darth Bane could never have predicted that every following sith had a higher MD count/more raw power then the previous sith, his rule isn't about that. I just find it extremely odd that it would occur yet that's not my only argument to support my previous comment.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brightsteel: He was referring to Bane from the Dark Knight Rises, not Darth Bane zzz

Brightsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noobsnowman: Ah, no wonder I didn't get it. Never seen that movie. :catprone

LondonBFR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noobsnowman: Ah, no wonder I didn't get it. Never seen that movie. :catprone

lol, yes you have. everyone has seen the Dark Night trilogy.

reference:

Loading Video...

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By noobsnowman

@londonbfr: Exar Kun really dosen't stand a chance against Bane.

No Caption Provided

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Revan is uber powerful, flawed logic Darth (like usual).

WollfMyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthant66:

No. He never specifically said which Revan. A fan asked him who wins between Darth Revan, Darth Bane and Darth Vader. But seeing as how a majority of people refer to Revan as Darth Revan even when he's reborn, it could've easily meant prime Revan, or Revan from the novel.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@i_like_swords: DoE might beat Dooku, but he likely loses. Orbalisk can go 50/50 with Tenebrous and then lose to Revan in a close fight.

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Emperordmb

DOE Bane>ROT Bane and either beat Dooku

WollfMyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

freshestslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on what?

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As far as force abilities are concerned, A force wave powerful enough to collapse the temple of ancients and liquefy Kas'im, a force wave powerful enough to disintegrate a dozen technobeasts, and lightning powerful enough to disintegrate people.

As far as martial combat goes, saber soloing a dozen Tuk'ata in a disadvantageous circumstance prior to the vast martial improvement he got to take on Kas'im, followed by vast physical improvement and vast improvement in his command of the force which relates to martial combat. Also a way to repel Dooku's strikes should they bypass his saber defenses (orbalisks for ROT, lightning cocoon for DOE)

As far as DOE>ROT Bane goes, it's due to a marked difference in their physical capabilities demonstrated in their respective fights with Zannah.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperordmb said:

Based on what?

How about the fact that Bane outright says it himself?

The aging process was subtle, but inescapable. Bane accepted this; what he lost in strength and speed he could easily compensate for with wisdom, knowledge, and experience.

Source: Dynasty of Evil

He says himself that his strength is only a "fraction" weaker, the same as his speed, which is only a fraction slower. These are mainly due to age + the damage done to his body by overusing the Force. But just look at his feats done with the armor on and off. In RoT, he incinerates people with it. In DoE, he incinerates people with it while hampered by a Force-weakening ability.

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Force wave powerful enough to bring down a temple and liquefy someone before his peak. Lightning powerful enough to disintegrate peeps. Better physical feats in virtually every category. More skilled duelist. Etc.

freshestslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By freshestslice

@emperordmb:

A force wave powerful enough to collapse the temple of ancients and liquefy Kas'im,

The temple collapsed via implosion, not to mention Bane had charged up his Force energy and was augmented by dark side energies that almost made him faint, if I remember correctly. Not the most valid showing. Kas'im was a skilled swordsman but nothing indicates he was strong as a Force wielder; Bane's later musings about the weakness of the brotherhood doesn't help.

a force wave powerful enough to disintegrate a dozen technobeasts,

Bane was once again augmented by external dark side energies, I believe, not to mention the technobeasts were of questionable condition. That said, good feat, although neither Bane nor Dooku is gonna be TK'ing the other.

and lightning powerful enough to disintegrate people.

Bane's lightning is stronger than Dooku's but it was still dodged by Hetton. It's not a game changer by any means.

As far as martial combat goes, saber soloing a dozen Tuk'ata in a disadvantageous circumstance prior to the vast martial improvement he got to take on Kas'im, followed by vast physical improvement and vast improvement in his command of the force which relates to martial combat.

Who the hell cares about Tuk'ata's? They're beasts with no defense against a lightsaber.

Bane doesn't really have anything on Dooku's 60+ years of Force- and lightsaber mastery and his wealth of feats and accolades.

@thevivas said:
@freshestslice said:
@emperordmb said:

Based on what?

How about the fact that Bane outright says it himself?

The aging process was subtle, but inescapable. Bane accepted this; what he lost in strength and speed he could easily compensate for with wisdom, knowledge, and experience.

Source: Dynasty of Evil

He says himself that his strength is only a "fraction" weaker, the same as his speed, which is only a fraction slower. These are mainly due to age + the damage done to his body by overusing the Force. But just look at his feats done with the armor on and off. In RoT, he incinerates people with it. In DoE, he incinerates people with it while hampered by a Force-weakening ability.

That's cool, but I was asking on Bane vs. Dooku. Consider your efforts... irrelevant.

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't section quote with my phone, so bear with me on that one.

"The temple collapsed via implosion, not to mention Bane had charged up his Force energy and was augmented by dark side energies that almost made him faint, if I remember correctly. Not the most valid showing. Kas'im was a skilled swordsman but nothing indicates he was strong as a Force wielder; Bane's later musings about the weakness of the brotherhood doesn't help."

As soon as Bane gets two orbalisks in ROT and draws on them for power, he is stated to be more powerful than he had ever been before, including when he was on Lehon, and ROT and DOE Bane are both easily more powerful than early ROT, so whether or not the nexus had any impact on his abilities on Lehon is ultimately completely and utterly irrelevant as to whether or not he can reproduce the feat in ROT or DOE. And considering that level of destruction is generally what we see from the likes of Vader (Lyleks) and Plagueis (Maladians), I'd say you're underestimating the feat, and it's easily within his grasp as of ROT and DOE.

"Bane was once again augmented by external dark side energies, I believe, not to mention the technobeasts were of questionable condition. "

Bane's superior physical capabilities in DOE demonstrate that he has greater force power than he did in ROT, even in Belia Darzu's fortress when he fought the Tython strike team, so again, the amp, if it even exists, is ultimately irrelevant to DOE Bane's ability to replicate it.

"Bane's lightning is stronger than Dooku's but it was still dodged by Hetton. It's not a game changer by any means."

You could use that line of thought to argue lightning is meaningless in any confrontation, which it clearly isn't. Especially considering Bane can use it to block Dooku's lightning strikes via lightning cocoon.

"Who the hell cares about Tuk'ata's? They're beasts with no defense against a lightsaber."

Considering a group of ten Tuk'ata in 23 BBY posed a significant challenge to a group of eight Jedi, including five of the order's best duelists, a group not too much larger than a dozen Tuk'ata would've occupied GM Luke, Jaina, and Ben long enough for Vestara to escape without any of them being able to stop her, and considering they have been known to keep fighting after tanking multiple hard lightsaber blows and as groups are stated to be capable of executing complex strategies and maneuvers and that they had Bane surrounded after Bane had been hiking through the blazing hot days and freezing cold nights of Korriban's desert for multiple days with no food or sleep, this is a feat that definitely shouldn't be disregarded as meaningless.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's cool, but I was asking on Bane vs. Dooku. Consider your efforts... irrelevant.

All I read was "DE > RoT" and thought you were asking for confirmation of that. My mistake.

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdefender: the TK was a game mechanic if I'm not mistaken, and the lightning, which didn't kill the two non-force sensitive protags btw, was before any of them mounted a defense against it.

Tearing through durasteel doors while drugged for strength, surviving being trapped in a bubble of his own force lightning with orbalisks chewing through his body and burrowing into his bones before expanding and exploding inside of him for durability, and being faster than Zannah could've ever imagined for speed (she's seen him fight as ROT Bane who is substantially faster than POD Bane who moved so fast a room of Sith who were almost masters couldn't see him.

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdefender: I mean they weren't blocking the lightning attack with their lightsabers, so it's no surprise they got downed by it.

They're still edges, and should put Bane ahead in martial combat and the durability should also aid him in exchange of force powers.

Right, it means he was faster than anyone she faced before... Including his previous incarnations who are also insanely fast, which is what I was getting at.

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah force barriers have always been sketchy at best against lightning.

Eh he has better physical and skill feats, so I'd say he's ahead in martial combat.

As far as Zannah goes, he did hold back while sparring, but in ROT she fought him in his orbalisk armor where he was completely bloodlusted so she has actually fought him all out while he had the orbalisk armor on.

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's generally a practice I take part in, but I don't really know if it works when I'm on my phone.

freshestslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

don't listen to emperordmb lol he gets angry when you remove his mod status a forum he jus joined

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdefender: well his vast improvement from the Tuk'ata feat, his performance against Kas'im, and flooring Raskta Lsu with unpredictability before retooling his style around unpredictability come to mind.

And as the text says "ever imagined" I'd say it refers to Zannah even considering ROT Bane's abilites, especially considering his strength feats in DOE are better (considering he staggered DOE Zannah in DOE with overhand chops while he didn't do so to ROT Zannah in ROT when literally jumping up high in the air and pouncing on her when she was desperate.

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Emperordmb

@freshestslice: I had been on that forum for a year and a half and that was like 2 years ago... Hardly representative of the person I am now, and in no way does it relate to my debating ability.

I actually don't know how you even know about that tbh