Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ghetsiscmcvne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read the wiki about Zatanna's abilities and I have to say she may take this. Also...

INB4 Leo-343 spews about Darquesse's false feats and her molecule warping ability. For the last time, most of her feats during the end of the last book were actually illusions that normal psychics has placed in her mind to make her believe that she had more power than she actually had. I've been trying to tell Leo-343 about this but he keeps vomiting about it.

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zatanna has the ability to win, but I'm not really sure. I like both of them lol.

Not really sure who would win to be honest.

Good post though @goldroger , I'm thinking Zatanna takes this in a very close fight.

Ghetsiscmcvne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ghetsiscmcvne

@leo-343: She can do what Darquesse can do but to a more trained and mastered degree and extra I think. Also there is a need to make assumptions about what you would say given your past record of repeatedly spewing Darquesse's false feats despite being repeatedly told they were false.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d17bdd0bd36
deactivated-57d17bdd0bd36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghetsiscmcvne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldroger: Zatanna wouldn't win then. Unless you added Dr Strange to help her.

God_of_Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By God_of_Batman

Pre-52 Zatanna? She should take this fairly easily IMO. Darquesse is too cocky to take the fight seriously and she'll go down because of it.

God_of_Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: She only kills fodder straight up. She could just as easily atomise Vile, Mevolent, etc but she doesn't. Chances are she'll sense that Zatanna has very strong magic (like she did with Mevolent), get curious, then attempt to play around with Zatanna. However, I see Zanny being more powerful than she's expecting and ultimately she'll lose.

However, I do admit that if she were to go straight for the kill she would probably pull out the win. It's just that I don't really see her doing that to someone powerful.

God_of_Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By God_of_Batman

@leo-343: That wasn't her attempting to atomise him, it happened before she learnt how to manipulate molecules and atoms. However, I do recall now that Darquesse was able to see Skulduggery's consciousness and stated she could vaporise it with a thought. Originally, that was only for Skulduggery but right at the end of the last book (but before she started getting the false memories implanted) she was able to interact with Fletcher's consciousnesses and stole his magic.

So I could now see this going one of two ways;

1. Darquesse straight up vaporises Zatanna's consciousness.
  2. Darquesse sees Zatanna's magic and gets curious about it because it's most likely very different from SP sorcerers. This would most likely give a morals off Zatanna enough time to kill Darquesse.
God_of_Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: I still don't agree on the first part. There are around 5.0 x 10^17 atoms in a single spec of dust. That's a fair way off even effecting atoms.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zatanna.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AlphaQ

If this is bloodlusted Darquesse then she could turn manipulate Zatanna's molecules with a glance, so it really depends on how much faith we put in Zatanna's reactions, which I don't know much about. Although I have seen scans of her reacting to bullets shooting through a door with her back turned, I have also seen her getting stomped in H2H by a non-powered fifteen year old girl. So...

If we uses Zatanna's highest reaction feats I'll say she wins but if we use her lowest or a happy medium I think Darquesse uses molecule manipulation. I will say that Zatanna is more powerful overall and could definitely oneshot.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zatanna stomps from the feats I'm hearing.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@darkraiden: What are some of Zatanna's feats to say she stomps Darquesse?

Just simple spells like 'pots' and 'ezeerf' and the like having affected Lobo and Despero and stuff. Also her magical shields seem to be able to stop even magic on her own level.

storm-is-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@leo-343 said:

@darkraiden: What are some of Zatanna's feats to say she stomps Darquesse?

No Caption Provided

knocking down a super powerful being who was literally pushing the earth into the sun.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DarkRaiden

@leo-343 said:

@darkraiden: So she has to speak to do most of her spells? Does she have auto shields?

Nope. She somehow always gets her shields up before magical attacks. Her speed seems to vary depending on if they want her to lose or win. Like she was able to verbalize spells before Lobo could hit her and bullets could reach her and such. And in New52 she was able to get one off before Flash reached her. But other times Joker and Slade have just covered her mouth.

Also technically it's been established that she doesn't HAVE to speak, but she pretty much always does.

storm-is-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@leo-343 said:

@storm-is-life: Thank you.

no problem

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool fight, I think it could go either way.

Avatar image for clownprinceofcrime1995
clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darquesse stomps any magic user, she can reverse any magic used against her and generally only takes damage to know what it feels like.

Avatar image for silver_sorceress_
Silver_Sorceress_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darquesse has a habit of speed-blitzing and going straight for the kill, and I don't see Zatanna being immune to molecular disintegration or getting her internal organs turned inside-out (or any other number of the gruesome and fast ways Darquesse kills people). On the other hand, Darquesse also has a habit of playing with her opponents and getting curious about their magic, so Zatanna does have fair shots at defeating Darquesse if she's at her more powerful comic variations.

Avatar image for arcticthehunter
ArcticTheHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welp, Derek couldn't leave well enough alone, so Darquess is now multiversal with the ability to create an infinite amount of (equally powerful) duplicates. Not even close