Darquesse vs Sundipped Superman (read OP)

Mark_Infinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mark_Infinity

-New 52 Superman, gets 5 hours sundip

-Current Darquesse (or... before she died)

-Darquesse isn't allowed to use offensive magic, this is a strictly fisticuffs-only brawl.

-No BFR

-They have basic knowledge of each other, Superman knows her as the "World-Killer" and Darquesse thinks he's just a superpowered guy in tights. As you might've guessed, Darquesse isn't taking this too seriously but Superman is fully aware of her evil-ness (Jesus, that sounded lame) and is prepared to go all-out on her.

Takes place in an abandoned New York.

The time for two titans to clash is now... FIGHT!

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is pretty much her best strength feat:

She darted to a little Volvo, got one hand on its underside while the other gripped the frame, and then flung it like a discus at the Olympics.

- Chapter 76

These are her best durability feats.

A helicopter gunship.This was awesome.

There was a streak of light and a sudden plume of smoke and before Darquesse even had a chance to turn the rocket hit her.

The explosion sent her spinning out of the sky, trailing smoke and fire, and she vanished behind a building. Skulduggery wrapped his arm round Valkyrie’s waist and they flew to a roof that overlooked the square. Darquesse was on her hands and knees, trying to rise. The helicopter – an AH-64 Apache, according to the pilot Fletcer had been partnered with – opened up with its minigun. Bullets chewed up the ground around Darquesse, pummeling her and driving her back to her knees. The pilot, a sorcerer who could fly anything but preferred aircraft with fun guns, let loose another rocket, and the explosion body limp. She’d been hurt, but there was no blood. No burns.

Darquesse rose suddenly, stumbling away from the minigun’s angry bullets, raising her hand towards the Apache. The minigun altered its aim and loosed nother barrage that thundered into her cheest. She fell to a sitting position, but Valkyrie glanced up in time to see the helicopter’s rotor blades disintegrating. The Apache whined and dropped, and she saw Fletcher grab the pilot and they jumped, disappearing the instant they cleared the stricken aircraft. The Apache had time to flip halfway over before it hit the ground right on top of Darquesse.

- Chapter 74

She hit the ground with such force that Stephanie could see the shockwaves that threw back Warlocks and Wretchlings and mages alike. Darquesse stood slowly in the clearing, the battlefield suddenly quiet as both sides appraised this new player in the game.

- Uneven Odds

Her speeds that she can reach in combat ranges from high subsonic (being likened to a bullet train, running circles around fast humans) and she fights at high speeds too (easily evading three blurring Cleavers for fun).

Her healing is high level, being able to instantly heal broken spine or necks. crushed hearts, pulverized innards, brain damage and decapitation.

Absolutely none of that would stop her from getting hideously stomped by Superman.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 On the topic on bullet timing and that feat for Argeddion saving Kitanna's gang, we can see that he doesn't passively see through cloaking spheres from that time Skulduugery had him move over so he was vulnerable to their ambush, so it's looking more like a bullet-timing feat than I thought.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AlphaQ

@leo-343 Nice. Another thing was meaning to ask, do you think that Darquesse ever surpassed Argeddion? I've been wondering what you thought of that for a while. They differ in a few areas...

Telepathy is one area where they have differing feats, he's really more evolved, but her feats of raw power seem superior, since late DotL Darquesse was KO'ing any telepath that peeked into her head.

Teleportation is another area where they differ, without one being superior, based solely on what we can see. I've also meant to mention that the time she used teleportation to enter the Faceless One's reality she wasn't using the same type of teleportation Fletcher uses, it was really a different discipline. Still, chances are she can use it since she absorbed the knowledge of the Remnants (at least one of which was a teleporter) and 'solved the mechanics of reality' in her vision, using that knowledge.

She also implies that he still has a better grasp of magic, despite her absorbing his memories.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im gonna take superman.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@alphaq:

Tough one. Overall I'd say Argeddion is more adept, more experienced and more skillful and Darquesse only really surpassed him in Dotl IMO. If he wasn't morals off or at least wasn't a pacifist I'd say he should take the majority over her in a fight pre-Dotl.

Maybe very debatably she could beat him at the end of book 8, since she could use her black flames to burn an army. It's muddled though, since the flames were mentioned to expell heat, which I can't imagine her existence removing flames do. Other than that I agree, I remember being pleasantly surprised that time he Shunted Darquesse away since it shows that he's pretty crafty for someone who was, quite frankly, an idiot up until that point.

Agreed, no doubt she surpasses him in that area, but again only in the last book tbh.

Yeah, I agree he'd lose in a straight telepathic fight but he's shown more versatility, what with actually controlling minds, albeit imperfectly, when Darquesse has only shown frying a Sensitive's mind into an obedient zombie or torturing Ravel.

Her knowledge of magic certainly surpassed Argeddion's in Dotl, that fact that she can teleport and open rifts to the Faceless One's dimension is proof of her superiority in this area. No doubt those remnants exponentially increased her knowledge.

The evidence is there, but then again I wouldn't put too much stock into what she says, she's arrogant and that overconfidence has lead her to underestimate certain characters often leading to her being hindered in some way or as shown in the last book, defeated.

However it isn't out of the question for her to have a better grasp of magic as of the last book.

At the start of DotL she had more knowledge in certain areas, by the end she was probably massively superior.

KingM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman would stomp:

Anyone asks why or questions it I'll explain.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@alphaq: Equalised speed and allowing Darquesse full access to her magic and possibly being amped by the accelerator would make this much more debatable.

Maybe, I don't know that much about Superman tbh, the biggest factor I can see is if his durability acts on an atomic scale, which is questionable to say the least.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what? Mismatch, give Darquesse offensive magic, then it's a fight. She'd probably win that though...