5. Shark
  6. Dervish
  7. Juni
  8. Kernel
  9. Grubbs
  10. Beranabus
  11. Bec
  12. Drust

All fights take place in the Demon Universe, Beranabus can use his demon form, everyone is at their most powerful, no Kah-Gash, EOS Darquesse at full power.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d17bdd0bd36
deactivated-57d17bdd0bd36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thedailybagel  Moderator

Is Bec really that powerful?

God, I need to reread the demonata series...

Avatar image for deactivated-57d17c2439784
deactivated-57d17c2439784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 9, Kernel should give her a good fight though

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

Could stop at 9, likely stops at 10, definitely stops at 11.

I kind of see 7, am I missing something in the story? lol.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 9 IMO.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d17bdd0bd36
deactivated-57d17bdd0bd36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-57d17c2439784
deactivated-57d17c2439784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Bec also no sold a powerful blast from Grubbs, in the human world Grubb's blasts have disintegrated zombies, this blast was way more powerful because Bec and Grubb's were fighting in Lord Loss' Demon realm

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Darquesse have molecular manipulation....

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: Seriously? None of them has defense against MM. But okay, let's hear one.

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Baron_von_Santa

@leo-343: I asked for a specific feat, not what they can or can't do.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could see her losing at possibly 6 to be honest. She definitely doesn't get past ten. Mainly because they can one-shot with a brain crush and are much faster, although to be fair that's only assuming they bring their best attacks almost every time.

And Drust is placed way too high, I see him being in Dervish's league, mainly because we've never seen him in the Demonata universe.

@longman To be fair Grubbs would have one shotted her latter in the fight if Lord Loss hadn't saved her.

@baron_von_santa Here's a feat of Bec resisting some energy somewhat comparable to MM.

I could see her losing at possibly 6 to be honest. She definitely doesn't get past ten. Mainly because they can one-shot with a brain crush and are much faster, although to be fair that's only assuming they bring their best attacks almost every time.

And Drust is placed way too high, I see him being in Dervish's league, mainly because we've never seen him in the Demonata universe.

@longman To be fair Grubbs would have one shotted her latter in the fight if Lord Loss hadn't saved her.

Sharmilla has bullet timed, so they're fast too.

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq: Some of her abilities are questionable as to whether they will work. Like whether she can see this kind of magic.

Also, none of them will crush her brain right from the beginning; most of the time they fire of blasts or streams of energy. She normally will just try to punch their heads off instead of using her speed and molecular manipulation.

Also, none of them has defense against something that's not even conventional magic; having the ability to turn people into squeaky ducks or stools by rearranging them at the molecular level, able to disentgrate things by spreading their molecules, then holding their souls in this plane of existence, then actually remaking the bodies she had for all purposes just decreated and putting the souls back is something none of them can defend against or even perceive.

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Kirilli - Clears.
  2. Meera - Clears.
  3. Raz - Clears.
  4. Sharmilla - Clears.
  5. Shark - Possibly stops here. Not sure.
  6. Dervish - See above.
  7. Juni - Clears.
  8. Kernel - 110% stops here.
  9. Grubbs
  10. Beranabus
  11. Bec
  12. Drust

All fights take place in the Demon Universe, Beranabus can use his demon form, everyone is at their most powerful, no Kah-Gash, EOS Darquesse at full power.

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: do you have the actual sentence from the book? Also, tanking a blast is not the same as tanking having your molecules literally pulled apart just by concentrating.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baron_von_santa Sorry, I messed up with my quote.

The Shadow seizes me with several tentacles and lifts me high into the air. I scream, pain filling all parts of my body at once. It's like being on fire, except the agony cuts deeper than any natural flame, burning through flesh and bone, turning my blood to vapour.

I somehow hold myself together. It takes every last bit of magic that I possess, but I fight the terrible, fiery clutch of the Shadow and wildly restore blood, bones and flesh as it grips me tighter and tries to fry me again. I'm absorbing memories from the beast, mostly garbled, but what I comprehend is more terrifying than I would have considered possible.

The Shadow's surprised I'm still alive. It meant to slaughter me and absorb the freed piece of the Kah-Gash. But it's not dismayed by my resistance. The beast is much stronger than me and knows it simply has to keep applying pressure. I can last a matter of seconds, no more. Then...

Beranabus is suddenly beside me, bellowing like a madman. He slashes at the tentacles, slicing through them as easily as Dervish did. The Shadow is more of a menace than any demon I've ever faced, but it's insubstantial. It's not by nature a physical creature. It can easily and quickly replace what we destroy, but it can't harden itself against our blows.

To be clear I don't think that they can resist molecule manipulation but they're durable nonetheless.

The magic kind of comes from the same place, directly from the universe but yes, it is very questionable as to whether she can see their magic. Probably not because she can't see things like temperature and heat, non-magical forces by her universe's standards.

It really depends in the Demonata series, since they sometimes use fists, sometime blasts, sometimes outright manipulation. I don't think there are many series in which characters fight in so many different ways.

@leo-343 I thought you might like to see this feat of Grubbs bullet-timing I found:

"Hello, Grubbs," the thing that was once Juni Swan gurgles. "Have you missed me?"

There's no time to answer. Right behind Juni, dozens of guards file in three abreast, weapons cradled to their chests. Spreading out, they take aim. Before a stunned Shark and his team can react, an officer bellows a command and the air around us is ripped apart by a lethal hail of bullets.

Without magic we'd have perished instantly. But magical energy streams through the window, as it always does when a passageway between universes is opened. Tapping into that instinctively, I throw up a barrier between us and the guards. The bullets mushroom against it and drop harmlessly to the floor. As more troops flood into the room, I strengthen the barrier and start thinking about ways to make it a one-way shield, so that we can fire at them.

Before I can do that, Juni barks a short command. The window pulses, then snaps out of existence. The flow of magic stops, and though a strong residue is left in the air, I now have to work off a dwindling supply. Altering the shield would take a lot out of me. Too much.

"How long can you hold that?" Shark yells.

"A couple of minutes," I guess.

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: Thanks, I would just find it myself, but I'm recently kinda busy.