Darkseid w/ Anti-Life Equation vs Thanos w/ Infinity Gauntlet

• 154 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@frozen said:

@killemall: I think you've got it wrong.

Nope i think you are reading the interview and ignoring what happened in the story.

Superman knocked away Darkseid in Countdown to Final Crisis

Yes and the next issue had Orion kill Darkseid.

After Countdown comes actual Final Crisis where Darkseid had taken over Dan Turpin.

And his death comes in Final Crisis # 7 where the soul and multiverse affecting thing.

I assume you refer to Starlin's mess of Death of the New Gods, because that did cause many errors.

I am only referring to Countdown to Final Crisis and Final Crisis because putting Death of New Gods or any other tie in , in proper chronological order is very hard.

So you are really telling me, Darkseid having been defeated by Superman level beings gave you the impressive that he was multiversal.

Eventually lost? You do realise the affecting the multiverse happens only after he lost.

Morrison confirmed him to be the cause of the Multiverse collapse,

Not him but rather his soul passing thought the hole in the multiverse. A guy who just got killed by a Superman level being is somehow multiverse because his black soul did some weird stuffs in Final Crisis ?

Who got so powerful?

Darkseid power in the story comes from anti-life, a perfect mind control device via speech. He wasnt fighting around anyone. The only person whom he fought was Superman who matched him and Orion who killed him.

How Darkseid was killed is not relevant, how Darkseid was defeated is not relevant, but what happened when his dark soul passed through the multiverse is?

And you wonder why i accuse you of selective screening?

Darkseid being 'himself' in his body is where you've got it wrong, I suggest you read Jack Kirby's Fourth World and beyond (where Mr Byrne retconned Darkseid losses, etc and put fourth the explanations below).

I have no idea what this is and how it connects.. just ignoring this.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#102  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@killemall: The scan is completely relevant and I suggest you read it again. He is only a body of Darkseid, though that is the avatar in question (I could explain the phases of the real Darkseid), the real Darkseid is described.

'Rather it is an extrusion of a small part of Darkseid's nearly infinite energy'

I've read the interview, and explained to you the feat. The essence, the real Darkseid showed his true power. Orion, was ultimately murdered in the events of Final Crisis storyline. And Superman, already was far weaker than Darkseid in Starlin's horrid retcon Death of the New Gods. Though Starlin did take a big dump on the New Gods chronology, it's hard to ignore it because of the big nature of the storyline itself.

But that aside, the Multiverses effect was the real Darkseid, in his body he was not at full power because he was a fraction of his true form.

It's not relevant because beings of that power usually lose because of plot.

Sometimes Darkseid is in his real body, sometimes he is not (in the case of a scan, not only did it provide explanations but that specifically was a retcon to Doomsday loss, to show Darkseid is more powerful). But, it's explained his full power is achievable beyond his physical form. Getting ''snugged'' by Superman (despite, Darkseid's OWN dialogue during that) was a release of his final form.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Killemall

@frozen said:

@killemall: The scan is completely relevant and I suggest you read it again.

I can read it as many times as you like, it doesnt change anything.

. He is only a body of Darkseid, though that is the avatar in question (I could explain the phases of the real Darkseid), the real Darkseid is described.

'Rather it is an extrusion of a small part of Darkseid's nearly infinite energy'

Which has no bearing on the fact that it wasnt just Darkseid avatar but rather the real Darkseid who was killed.

No you did not, you put in your own stuffs to over-glorify the feat ignoring what actually happened.

And essence that was only killed when "the real" Darkseid died in the story.

Off panel after Darkseid gained full control of anti-life equation.

Are we ignoring all the buff he got as well.

Superman was far weaker than Darkseid? Does additional buff mean nothing to you?

1. Darkseid had anti-life equation the first time he froze Superman.

2. The second time Darkseid has soul fire energy, a energy that increased Darkseid power some billion times over..

Ignoring additional power is pretty horrid way of debating.

How about we bring in Mr. Mircale humiliate Darkseid? Coz apparently an additional buff means nothing to you.

Your disagreement on Starlin written is note, and ignored as it accounts to nothing beyond a fan ranting.

If Starlin is culprit of something, he was culprit of retconning Source into sentinent being , and thats about it.

But that aside, the Multiverses effect was the real Darkseid,

The one that got killed was likewise.

The body the Orion killed was his full power, unless you have evidence to contradict that.

The one in Dan Turpins body, i can agree.

It's not relevant because beings of that power usually lose because of plot.

Yeah him dying is not relevant, him getting matched blow for blow by Superman isnt relevent, the only thing that is relevant is what his soul did to a hollow multiverse.

Sounds extremely unbiased.

Sometimes Darkseid is in his real body, sometimes he is not (in the case of a scan, not only did it provide explanations but that specifically was a retcon to Doomsday loss, to show Darkseid is more powerful).

Given the scan doesnt even refer to a fight in Doomsday thats just you making stuffs up.

And Darkseid was in his real body when Orion tore a hole in it, Final Crisis too.

Now you are putting in your personal interpretation, i am going to ignore it .

It was the release of his final form, it was the Death of Darkseid that release his spirit. Something that is incapable of fighting anyone.

Its nice that it mocked around with a hollow multiverse but thats doesnt contradict his power level throughout the series.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@killemall:

I can read it as many times as you like, it doesnt change anything.

In a sense, it does.

No you did not, you put in your own stuffs to over-glorify the feat ignoring what actually happene

Nope, I took the words from the Grant's own interview.

And essence that was only killed when "the real" Darkseid died in the story

The essence was the collapse of the Multiverse, the real Darkseid wanted to die and be removed from his body

Off panel after Darkseid gained full control of anti-life equation.

Are we ignoring all the buff he got as well.

So that means Superman punching him away, etc is PIS if you're gonna say this

Superman was far weaker than Darkseid? Does additional buff mean nothing to you?

1. Darkseid had anti-life equation the first time he froze Superman.

2. The second time Darkseid has soul fire energy, a energy that increased Darkseid power some billion times over..

Ignoring additional power is pretty horrid way of debating.

How about we bring in Mr. Mircale humiliate Darkseid? Coz apparently an additional buff means nothing to you.

It does, you're the one who keeps saying ''he got snugged'' despite wanting that and then if you say Superman won, despite Darkseid's buff you will keep saying such, but if Darkseid won it's because he had a buff? Either way, he had a buff.

No Caption Provided

Your disagreement on Starlin written is note, and ignored as it accounts to nothing beyond a fan ranting.I f Starlin is culprit of something, he was culprit of retconning Source into sentinent being , and thats about it.

Well, Final Crisis did not really make much acknowledgement of Starlin's story, moreso it was pushed aside.

The one that got killed was likewise.

Not quite true, Darkseid initiated his release.

Yeah him dying is not relevant, him getting matched blow for blow by Superman isnt relevent, the only thing that is relevant is what his soul did to a hollow multiverse.

Sounds extremely unbiased.

''Matched blow for blow''

Are you referring to Countdown to Final Crisis? Tell me the issue. The Countdown version was not full power, but if he was, I hardly not see how that isn't PIS considering you rigourously told me an amped Darkseid beating Superman is only to be expected, but Superman beating an amped Darkseid 'must' be aknowledged? About as much as amped Darkseid beating Superman, aka Soulfire Darkseid stomping Superman.

Orion getting killed by Darkseid becaues of ALE is irrelevant, by your own logic, but Darkseid losing isn't?

Given the scan doesnt even refer to a fight in Doomsday thats just you making stuffs up.

I'm not. I plucked the statement from Byrne's own website.

And Darkseid was in his real body when Orion tore a hole in it, Final Crisis too.

Into his body? Yes. It's stated in the scan I posted of the real Darkseid, the body can be hurt if the opponent is strong enough. Superman snapped the arm of Soulfire Darkseid, regardless of his power, the end result was different.

Now you are putting in your personal interpretation, i am going to ignore it

Nope. It's stated in the scan.

Something that is incapable of fighting anyone.

But destroying everything.

Its nice that it mocked around with a hollow multiverse but thats doesnt contradict his power level throughout the series.

It does not contradict his power levels, everything, every statement alluded to that power level.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By NinjaWarrior268

Mismatch

Thanos stomps Darkseid with IG

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Stalemate.................?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Killemall

@frozen: I really see no point on going over the same thing again and again.. Lets agree to disagree.. In fact lets do likewise for every Darkseid thread that comes up.

I can respect your opinion, you could probably do likewise.

We certainly arent convincing anyone anyways, that much is stark clear.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 frozen  Moderator

@killemall:

In fact lets do likewise for every Darkseid thread that comes up.

The exception being the CAV, for now.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which Anti-life Equation???

And no I'm not a dumba$$ :P I'm meaning what anti life equation powr level are we using? There are quite a few and it all depends on the writer. For example the Final Crisis version (which had to be constantly played for people to be under its influence) and the other version, I think it was Ted or someone who had it I can't really remember, which could instantly take control of someone just by his will and no one was immune too. If it is the latter version then I belive that it is a case of who strikes first if Thanos attacks DS then effortless win but if DS uses the equation on Thanos then he controls both Thanos and the IG.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

That is sort of unavoidable :p lol

Sorry i did not realize you had replied to CAV up until recently, the reply did not show up on my notification... odd.

If its ok with you, i'll go through our disagreement in regards to Galactus, Walker and Tyrant feat once, and you are welcome to counter that with your next post, but lets stop there. Coz to me it seems we are running in circles there too.

Then we can start posting whatever new stuffs we can and move towards closing post. Lets try and reach closing post by next 3-4 post (if possible).

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 frozen  Moderator

@killemall: Yes but I'm forming another response to the CAV at the moment, just to detail some more strategy.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@leito: I hate to do say it but Sentry was just done horrible.If he was that powerful why he could not stop taking drugs some power.Not a good character to use he has so many flaws.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is a close one :)

CosmicOldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing/person that stops Thanos with power at uber-god levels is Thanos himself.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@killemall:

In fact lets do likewise for every Darkseid thread that comes up.

You have a CAV with Killemall?

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By ZhuRong

@lol: Yep and Frozen lost

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for spooozymcgasbag
Spooozymcgasbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos with IG should solo DCU (excluding The Presence, Michael and Lucifer)

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@spooozymcgasbag: lol, you bumped this to start a flame war? Not wise. You should go read the rules before you say anything or risk getting flag banned.

Avatar image for usernameunderconstruction
UserNameUnderConstruction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos with IG should solo DCU (excluding The Presence, Michael and Lucifer)

not even close

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Spooozymcgasbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baron_von_santa: am i being outta line? im new here. okay my apologies but im still entitled to my opinion. :-)

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@spooozymcgasbag: Okay then, but you might want to do some research first. There's a lot of beings in DC above Thanos with the IG, the lowest being the Corrigan Spectre. Hell, there's a few characters above Lucifer and two or three above Michael.

Even in his own creation, Thanos with the IG can not beat a lot of people. LT, Beyonder, MM, Nemisis.....

Spooozymcgasbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baron_von_santa: @baron_von_santa: thanks man. well i've read Secret Wars, Infinity Gauntlet and a great deal about Marvel Cosmic Entities. Also some of DC's that could give Thanos a run for his money...and hey you're my first contact here. Cheers.

TheClassicIon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid removes Thanos's free will so he will be unable to fight and Darkseid stomps him

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By ancient_god

Thanos waves his hand. Darkseid dies

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 frozen  Moderator

I drank the kool-aid on the first few pages.

Thanos obliterates.

sehroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By sehroyal

If Thanos' Gauntlet has any effect on Dakrseid, so does the Anti-life Equation on Thanos, and to someone who loves and adores death so much, Thanos would be instant target to the Anti-life equation, simple as that.

Darkseid gets an almighty pawn and gets the gauntlet for himself.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

darkseid under these conditions

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkseid

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos one shots

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WhiteLantern#1: Really? I haven't seen much feats with the Soulfire. Plus does your statement include non-canonical THOTU Thanos?

@NickA said:

" Stalemate Darkseid falls down the stairs and Thanos gets arrested by the NYPD "

Don't go there mate. We all know the NYPD is worse than Drax for Thanos and any stairs is more fatal than Radion for Darkside. It's a bit unfair using them on these characters. Letting Superman eat a boulder of Kryptonite is more humane than this... :D

Milliardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol Thanos doesn't lose you idiots

storm-is-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Darkseid

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thechiefofdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the anti-life equation should theoratically be an equal to the infinity gauntlet as it once, with only partial activation;

de-powered the most powerful planet in the DC universe

overpowered the embodiment of death and turned him from a black guy into a white guy in a wheel chair (not sure if this is justice or just racism)

i think that just for the fact that how far both Darkseids and Thanos's standard abilites are below the infinity gauntlet and the anti life, that this battle will just end up being a tie, if the battle were to occur in a Marvel universe, as the infinity gauntlet has proven itself unusable in the DC universe. and even if the anti-life were not to work in the Marvel universe, Darkseid's omega sanction would still own the snot out of thanos

so overall darkseid should have this.

wyrm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos still stomps

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points