#1 Posted by Xavier St. Cloud (1924 posts) - - Show Bio

Know that this is not spite I only posted this to prove to a friend that their is no way this team could hope to take down Darkseid... My friend Tom has it dead set in his mind that they can... Everyone is going all out in this fight morals are off. 

Darkseid 

vs 

Cyclops 
Wolverine 
Colossus 
Gambit 
Night Crawler 
Beast 

If you agree with Tom please enlighten me... And if you agree with me, please enlighten Tom.... Please and thank you ???

#2 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xavier St. Cloud:
omg... how does anyone think the x-men could possibly hurt darkseid lol he physically dominates any of them like nothing and can 1 shot any of them
#3 Posted by Skies327 (230 posts) - - Show Bio

They're going all out? Tell the X-Men to say hi to Bruce Wayne in that cave he was sent to. Darkseid stomps.

#4 Posted by PirateKing69 (4290 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid stomps them

#5 Posted by Xavier St. Cloud (1924 posts) - - Show Bio
@PirateKing69 said:
"Darkseid stomps them "

I will be really surprised if anyone gives me a good reason for the X-Men taking this.... I think Tom has played Marvel UA too many times, and it has made him crazy... HE really think's the X-Men could take out anyone, with the right plan by Cykes... I told him Scott is good, but he is not that good. This is a pipe dream.
#6 Posted by PirateKing69 (4290 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xavier St. Cloud: lol  theres no plan that those x-men could do to beat him
#7 Posted by Xavier St. Cloud (1924 posts) - - Show Bio
@PirateKing69 said:
" @Xavier St. Cloud: lol  theres no plan that those x-men could do to beat him "

I told him they would need Emma, Storm, Bobby, and Rouge to have a slight chance to pull it off.
#8 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2221 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xavier St. Cloud said:
" @PirateKing69 said:
" @Xavier St. Cloud: lol  theres no plan that those x-men could do to beat him "
I told him they would need Emma, Storm, Bobby, and Rouge to have a slight chance to pull it off. "
Iceman could potentially pull it off if he reacted fast enough, but no one else would be able to come close.
#9 Posted by Xavier St. Cloud (1924 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThanosIsMad said:
" @Xavier St. Cloud said:
" @PirateKing69 said:
I told him they would need Emma, Storm, Bobby, and Rouge to have a slight chance to pull it off. "
Iceman could potentially pull it off if he reacted fast enough, but no one else would be able to come close. "

I agree only I don't think he could react quick enough... With Darkseid all blood raged and what not... Plus has anyone ever used Ice based attacks against Darkseid before?
#10 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2221 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman isn't just ice though, he manipulated kinetic energy, hence his ability to stop all atomic movement.  It just so happens that by reducing kinetic energy, the temperature drops.  

If he could drop the temperature around Darkseid to Absolute Zero (where all atoms stop moving) before Darkseid blasts him with the Omega Effect and removes him from existence, the X-Men would win.  Otherwise, everyone is dead but Darkseid.

#11 Posted by Xavier St. Cloud (1924 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThanosIsMad:
Sounds about right... What if Iceman only slows him down long enough for Rouge to get a hold of him?
#12 Posted by Xavier St. Cloud (1924 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't Darkseid see what people are made up of... Would he have some kind of knowledge of whom he should attack first?
#13 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been trying to figure a way to X-Men could stand a chance, but there is just nothing.  This has to be the most useless group of X-Men to take on Darkseid with.    If Nightcrawler could create portals like The Spot does, or if Gambit was at New Son power levels then maybe.

#14 Posted by jstarzyk (317 posts) - - Show Bio

Not one omega level mutant?  I think the right X-Men team could potentially defeat him, but definitely not that lineup. 

#15 Posted by HellionVulcan (3767 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Xavier St. Cloud (1924 posts) - - Show Bio
@HellionVulcan:
That would kind of defeat the purpose of this thead... I am trying to prove a point to my friend Tom.
#17 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio
@HellionVulcan:
no he cant he doesnt have ascess to that sorta power thanks to sinister
#18 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2221 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xavier St. Cloud said:
" @ThanosIsMad: Sounds about right... What if Iceman only slows him down long enough for Rouge to get a hold of him? "
All he has to do is look at Rogue and fire the Omega Effect.  He wouldn't have to pay attention to her for the remainder of her life, which wouldn't be that long.  Omega Effect tracks its target forever.  Unless Rogue pulls off some speed/strength feat her base self is incapable of accomplishing, she's going to get hit, and she's going to be obliterated.

Assuming that she could somehow get close enough to drain Darkseid, she wouldn't touch him long enough to siphon enough power to be on his level, and Darkseid is more than powerful enough to be unphased by the power absorption, so he wouldn't be weak like most who Rogue drains.  So, he'd fight Rogue to a stalemate until the power she took fades, and then he'd kick her ass and blast her with the Omega Effect.
#19 Posted by one_upper (1062 posts) - - Show Bio

This is far too tedious.  

Darkseid wins. Thread over/

#20 Posted by Freefa11 (2366 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the most powerful person Rogue has drained is Thor, but that was in her first appearance. Since then, her absorbing powers seem to have become pretty lame, and she's had trouble with characters weaker than Darkseid. For example, when she used her powers on Sinister, while they did work, absorbing his mind just gave him control over her body, until he sent his mind back to his own shortly afterwards. 

If Wolverine is involved, then he could potentially cut Darkseid's head off, although actually getting into position to do so would be pretty difficult unless DS is overconfident and screwing around.

#21 Posted by entropy_aegis (15312 posts) - - Show Bio
@Skies327 said:
"They're going all out? Tell the X-Men to say hi to Bruce Wayne in that cave he was sent to. Darkseid stomps. "

Bruce wayne is back,tell them to say hi to vandal savage,LOL 
darkseid wins SPITE.
#22 Posted by ComicMan24 (147090 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid wins. I can't think of a way the X-Men could hurt him.

#23 Posted by HolySerpent (12535 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThanosIsMad:  
iceman is not beating darkseid
#24 Posted by Sherlock (7258 posts) - - Show Bio

What kind of fight is this you didnt even give the Xmen Storm not even fair

#25 Posted by MrDirector786 (43552 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a huge mismatch. Darkseid kills them all in less than a second.

#26 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sherlock said:
"What kind of fight is this you didnt even give the Xmen Storm not even fair "

LOL
#27 Posted by Mord McCleaver (126 posts) - - Show Bio

..... Wtf Tom??

#28 Posted by ryanthereaper (414 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a slaughter, x-men all get one shotted.

#29 Posted by NHC (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a lot of people here are forgetting who the X-Men have fought... They have taken on alien empires... and won. They have beaten Apocalypse... more than once. They took down Onslaught. They have bested the Phoenix. They've been victorious over Magneto (whom I believe a lot of people forget how powerful he really is). The X-Men aren't some pushover team. Darkseid is undoubtedly a beast. He's made a mess out of Superman, Batman, and just about anyone he's faced. 
       I do admit that this is possibly one the weakest X-Men lineups you could put against Darkseid, but we have to give credit to Cyclops, who is the premiere strategist of the Marvel Universe, and to Beast, whose intelligence and skill is wholly underestimated. The man built power nullifiers as a teenager and has continued the trend with things like time machines (time machine!). He has faced hard things with not only the X-Men, but with the Avengers, Earth's Mightiest Heroes, as well as Wolverine, who has fought his fair share of gods and demons. That Canadian can take a hit (Though the Sentry did knock him out in one punch... but that's the Sentry). He has dealt plenty of finishing blows with his unbreakable claws in the past  (Magneto, an alternate Phoenix). Colossus could once contend with the Hulk, the strongest there is. Nightcrawler has worked incredibly in conjuction with Wolverine or the Beast and Gambit knows how to maximize the potential of his kinetic explosions. 
       You also said that everyone is going all out. That means Darkseid would be laying it on hard, but the X-Men would be in it for his blood. Cyclops' eye beams are not generated by his own body. His eyes are portal to a dimension composed entirely of energy. People forget that his power could be potentially be at an omega level which he has displayed during the Civil War, when his mental restraints were removed and his power overloaded Bishop, whose very power is to absorb power, almost to the point of killing the time-traveling mutant, and again during Astonishing X-Men when he gained full control of his optic beams, no longer needing his visor. The power was so great that he asked Emma Frost to take the control away from him. Wolverine has had plenty of experience in killing and his berserker rage mindset would only be more to his advantage. Gambit would be charging his cards to kill and the rest of the team wouldn't be holding any punches. Who knows what kind of machinery Beast could build to take out the threat of Darkseid. All of this potential coordinated by Cyclops could prove ultimately to be very deadly for the ruler of Apokalyspe. 
       I still believe that Darkseid would have an advantage in this fight, but I don't believe it to be as black and white as everyone else might think.
#30 Posted by charlieboy (7160 posts) - - Show Bio

i am pretty sure the x-men need phoenix.
#31 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

With the lineup the Original Poster presented, Darkseid stomps the X-Men quite easily. The only members there that will give Darkseid some annoyances are Cyclops and Gambit, and that is just due to their energy projection. 

#32 Posted by Gremlin From Kremlin (2931 posts) - - Show Bio

Uxas stomps.

#33 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

This roster of X-Men goes down badly...

#34 Posted by TheCerealKillz (10267 posts) - - Show Bio

if I would choose an xman team, it would be this:

Jean Grey (Phoenix)
Iceman
Mr.M
Shaman Xman
Savior Cable
Hope Summers

That team would kick Darkseids butt back and forth

#35 Posted by Nefarious (20282 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid stomps them. 

#36 Posted by tensor (4317 posts) - - Show Bio

darkseid wins  flawless victory

#37 Posted by _Courage_ (1183 posts) - - Show Bio
@NHC:
Nice post. But you have to remember, that is comics. The bad guy is supposed to lose. By the way, Cyclops is not the best strategist in the MU and Hulk is not the strongest in the MU. Also, Darkseid is stronger than Sentry and there's no way Hank could build anything that could even be a nuisance to Uxas before Uxas gets a hold a of him.
#38 Posted by The Average Bear (2079 posts) - - Show Bio
Spite
#39 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2221 posts) - - Show Bio
@HolySerpent said:
" @ThanosIsMad:  iceman is not beating darkseid "
I know.  I was just saying what Iceman could do for arguments sake. 
#40 Posted by hydrabob--defunct (14860 posts) - - Show Bio

the X-Men have no shot at this unless its New Son Gambit, but even that might be a push

#41 Posted by Xavier St. Cloud (1924 posts) - - Show Bio

I already stated this was not my fight... Also this was not spite... I love how people read the OP's... I have been called out for spite by two people already... This fight was not my idea... My friend Tom, asked me too make it. He thought he was right, and I was wrong. He thought this X-Men team would win, hell he still does... He thinks that the smart people are still going to post.  LOL I don't know what else to say to him... He just can't accept that Darkseid is going to beat them to death, or blast them to hell with his OB.
#42 Posted by King Saturn (224157 posts) - - Show Bio
Darkseid plows through the X-Men here... Easy
#43 Posted by Mord McCleaver (126 posts) - - Show Bio

Has Tom seen what WWH did to the Xmen? =/

#44 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2221 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mord McCleaver said:
" Has Tom seen what WWH did to the Xmen? =/ "
This, seeing as Darkseid could do the same thing to the X-Men, and that's excluding his ability to remove them from existence.
#45 Posted by goldenshot80 (7349 posts) - - Show Bio
@Freefa11 said:
" I think the most powerful person Rogue has drained is Thor, but that was in her first appearance. Since then, her absorbing powers seem to have become pretty lame, and she's had trouble with characters weaker than Darkseid. For example, when she used her powers on Sinister, while they did work, absorbing his mind just gave him control over her body, until he sent his mind back to his own shortly afterwards.  If Wolverine is involved, then he could potentially cut Darkseid's head off, although actually getting into position to do so would be pretty difficult unless DS is overconfident and screwing around. "
#46 Posted by Xavier St. Cloud (1924 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mord McCleaver:
Yes Tom has... He said that WWH is not canon, and does not count... Which made me laugh, because he keep's telling me, how Wolverine beat Lobo.  Yeah because that was canon, right? (NO!)   You guy's are starting to see what I am dealing with here.

#47 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2221 posts) - - Show Bio

Just uppercut your friend and take pictures of him in compromising positions while he's unconscious and blackmail him into admitting that you're right.

#48 Posted by Xavier St. Cloud (1924 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThanosIsMad said:
"Just uppercut your friend and take pictures of him in compromising positions while he's unconscious and blackmail him into admitting that you're right. "

This could work.... Naw he is a bit of a sissy, and would most likely press charges... He is an Actor after all (Acting School) his face is his money maker.
#49 Posted by LordStoop (514 posts) - - Show Bio

I will give it a try.
Nightcrawler and Wolverine bamf away. 
the rest of the x-men keep Darkseid busy.
Nightcrawler and Wolverine bamf behind Darkseid and Wolverine starts slashing away.
With a lot of luck Wolverine hits something vital before he is klled by Darkseid.