• 109 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by WillPayton (8407 posts) - - Show Bio

...VS...

Standard pre-52 version of Darkseid vs Thor using the Destroyer armor. Both in character, but highly motivated to win. Fight takes place on uninhabited alternate reality Earth.

#2 Posted by capall2 (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

darkseid in a brutally difficult match...

#3 Posted by acer51 (2074 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know Darkside that well but based on what I've seen I'd say he could win.

#4 Posted by yahweh (326 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Odin with the Destroyer Armor go toe to toe with Celestials?

Thor stomps.

#5 Posted by capall2 (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin with the destroyer armor never went toe to toe with the celestials...this isn't Odin but rather Thor with the armor also...

#6 Posted by WillPayton (8407 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#7 Posted by AKA_TERMINATOR (332 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid, but didn't darkseid take out the destroyer before?

#8 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

I want that figure

#9 Posted by Spartan101 (2118 posts) - - Show Bio

spite! darkseid cant scratch thor in this,,uber stomp.

#10 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (10235 posts) - - Show Bio

And let the Thor wank begin ............

#11 Posted by ssejllenrad (12778 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid without jobbing. Jobbing allowed, he goes down really really hard. Remember that with PIS, Supes smacked the living sh*t out of DS but at his peak, he was tearing the fabric of reality by simply dying... Not to mention he tried and have a brawl with the Source in that pathetic Death of the New Gods arc.

#12 Posted by nickthedevil (11087 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid in a stomp.

#13 Posted by nickthedevil (11087 posts) - - Show Bio

What's so great about Thor anyway? :D

#14 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16629 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor in a stomp... 
OB would have problem with normal Thor, since he has Mjolnir. Destroyer alone would win without BFR. Destroyer + Mjolnir? I don't see how Darkseid can do anything here.

#15 Posted by Spartan101 (2118 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: so glad someone else sees that,the destroyer was only stopped by the a good few celestials melting it down right? how do people compare a gang of celestials to darkseid? hes not even in the same ball park as a them.

#16 Posted by capfan80 (348 posts) - - Show Bio

When DS isn't dumbed down so Supes can smack him around DS wins this fight.

#17 Posted by capfan80 (348 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought I would also point out Darkseid has slapped the Justice League around.

#18 Posted by Masterr (194 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion, there are two things that we can't really determine here.

1. We don't know what effect the OBs would have on the Destroyer and 2. Thor being able to block it with Mjolnir.

The OBs can be controlled by DS to maneuver around obstacles or objects, so theoretically, they could go around Mjolnir and hit Thor. In this case, it's the destroyer armor as well so who knows what would happen to it.

#19 Posted by Spartan101 (2118 posts) - - Show Bio

@Masterr: well its stated the armour can survive armageddon so if the omega effect is more powerful than that it might win,but i doubt it is.

#20 Posted by XImpossibruX (5029 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna go with le Darkseid

#21 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins in the Destroyer Armor

#22 Posted by supertank111 (99 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor smashes Darkseid's head with his fricken hammer and peepees on his dead body

#23 Posted by Nefarious (17622 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins.

#24 Posted by Antonis5555 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

@capall2 said:

darkseid in a brutally difficult match...

#25 Posted by supertank111 (99 posts) - - Show Bio

@Antonis5555 said:

@capall2 said:

darkseid in a brutally difficult match...

yeah right! thor!

#26 Posted by buttersdaman000 (8774 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread just got Thor'ed!!! 
But seriously, Darksied wins......

#27 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16629 posts) - - Show Bio
@Masterr said:

In my opinion, there are two things that we can't really determine here.

1. We don't know what effect the OBs would have on the Destroyer and 2. Thor being able to block it with Mjolnir.

The OBs can be controlled by DS to maneuver around obstacles or objects, so theoretically, they could go around Mjolnir and hit Thor. In this case, it's the destroyer armor as well so who knows what would happen to it.

Just because we don't know how powerfull they are, we can't say that they can take out Destroyer, until there is reason for that. Their best feat is taking out people on Superman level of durability. Mjolnir and Destroyer are way above that.
 
@Spartan101 said:

@czarny_samael666: so glad someone else sees that,the destroyer was only stopped by the a good few celestials melting it down right? how do people compare a gang of celestials to darkseid? hes not even in the same ball park as a them.


IMO Skyfather will be able to take it down. King Thor was, but yeah, even strongest attacks from Classic Thor couldn't.  
 
@buttersdaman000 said:
This thread just got Thor'ed!!! But seriously, Darksied wins......

How? He can't hurt or BFR him.
#28 Posted by KMART4455 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

DS gets his ass beat..

#29 Posted by WillPayton (8407 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#30 Posted by CountofMC (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid can take normal Thor but the Destroyer armor is out of his league. Destroyer Thor for a solid win.

#31 Posted by LONGTIME (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor fapfapfapfapfapfapfap

#32 Posted by The_Cult_of_The_Black_Hand (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

Darkseid without jobbing. Jobbing allowed, he goes down really really hard. Remember that with PIS, Supes smacked the living sh*t out of DS but at his peak, he was tearing the fabric of reality by simply dying... Not to mention he tried and have a brawl with the Source in that pathetic Death of the New Gods arc.

Jobberseid lost a battle to stairs and his Omega beams were avoided by Batman.

#33 Posted by Quartermaim (617 posts) - - Show Bio

If Darseid's OB can be blocked by WW bracers Isee no reason why Molnir can't do the same.
#34 Posted by The_Cult_of_The_Black_Hand (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@Quartermaim said:

If Darseid's OB can be blocked by WW bracers Isee no reason why Molnir can't do the same.

The Destroyer Armour is tougher than Mjolnir anyway.

#35 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1491 posts) - - Show Bio

@yahweh: Note that that was ODIN with the full power of the OdinForce with Destroyer Armor with the OdinSword as well as all the souls of asgard and he still couldn't take out a celestial. I don't see how Thor Stomps.

#36 Posted by The_Cult_of_The_Black_Hand (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoyHarperBLOW said:

@yahweh: Note that that was ODIN with the full power of the OdinForce with Destroyer Armor with the OdinSword as well as all the souls of asgard and he still couldn't take out a celestial. I don't see how Thor Stomps.

Irrelevant, a Celestial would handily stomp Darkseid too.

#37 Edited by RoyHarperBLOW (1491 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Cult_of_The_Black_Hand: I know a Celestial could stomp Darkseid I'm just saying that that user thinks just because Odin did something in the destroyer armor that thor can do the same as well.

But let's NOT derail the topic we are debating whether or not Darkseid can beat Thor with the destroyer armor and i think he can edge it out in a brutal battle.

#38 Posted by WillPayton (8407 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Cult_of_The_Black_Hand said:

@RoyHarperBLOW said:

@yahweh: Note that that was ODIN with the full power of the OdinForce with Destroyer Armor with the OdinSword as well as all the souls of asgard and he still couldn't take out a celestial. I don't see how Thor Stomps.

Irrelevant, a Celestial would handily stomp Darkseid too.

It's a valid point though, that even Odin amped up in the Destroyer Armor got whooped by a Celestial. The Destroyer armor isnt the ultimate weapon some think.

#39 Posted by The_Cult_of_The_Black_Hand (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoyHarperBLOW said:

@The_Cult_of_The_Black_Hand: I know a Celestial could stomp Darkseid I'm just saying that that user thinks just because Odin did something in the destroyer armor that thor can do the same as well.

But let's NOT derail the topic we are debating whether or not Darkseid can beat Thor with the destroyer armor and i think he can edge it out in a brutal battle.

I don't think he has quite enough punch to hurt the destroyer armor.

@WillPayton said:

@The_Cult_of_The_Black_Hand said:

@RoyHarperBLOW said:

@yahweh: Note that that was ODIN with the full power of the OdinForce with Destroyer Armor with the OdinSword as well as all the souls of asgard and he still couldn't take out a celestial. I don't see how Thor Stomps.

Irrelevant, a Celestial would handily stomp Darkseid too.

It's a valid point though, that even Odin amped up in the Destroyer Armor got whooped by a Celestial. The Destroyer armor isnt the ultimate weapon some think.

Here's the problem, Celestials are to Skyfathers as Skyfathers are to city level threats like Hercules and Hulk. The gap in power was far more massive there than it is here.

#40 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1491 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Cult_of_The_Black_Hand: Let's NOT derail the topic we get it celestials are uberpowerful and could stomp Darkseid and Skyfathers now do you think thor wins or darkseid?

#41 Posted by The_Cult_of_The_Black_Hand (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoyHarperBLOW said:

@The_Cult_of_The_Black_Hand: Let's NOT derail the topic we get it celestials are uberpowerful and could stomp Darkseid and Skyfathers now do you think thor wins or darkseid?

Darkseid can't seriously hurt the destroyer, but the destroyer can hurt him.

#42 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1491 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Cult_of_The_Black_Hand: While Darkseid's Omega Beam effect probably won't do much Darkseid still has other abilities and powers. I still say DS wins in a very brutal battle.

#43 Posted by WillPayton (8407 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoyHarperBLOW said:

@The_Cult_of_The_Black_Hand: While Darkseid's Omega Beam effect probably won't do much Darkseid still has other abilities and powers. I still say DS wins in a very brutal battle.

I'd go with this. It'd be an awesome fight, but I think DS can pull it off.

#44 Posted by Kratesis (4266 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid, but in a rather tough fight. Even for him.

#45 Posted by TheTmac (472 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid in a tough fight.

#46 Posted by Spartan101 (2118 posts) - - Show Bio

d/s dead.simple. an armour with the power to fight celestials isnt losing to d/s ever!

#47 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1491 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Cult_of_The_Black_Hand: Darkseid has a vast amount of abilities and powers at his disposal he just usually never meets a threat big enough for him to demonstrate his power.

#48 Edited by asIsuspected (529 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Thor can give a good fight without Destroyer armor, if he can tag with uber guyz like SS or hurt Galactus on several occasions. I think you downplaying Thor here

#49 Posted by Bo88gdan (4374 posts) - - Show Bio

Destroyer Armor Thor stomps darkseid

#50 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1491 posts) - - Show Bio

Quoted from the comic vine page for Darkseid

Powers and Abilities

New God Physiology

The beings of Apokalips call themselves gods and live in a realm called the Fourth World which is outside normal space and time. Their strength is due to their relative proximity to the Source, an energy which fuels the powers of the beings in Apokalips. The inhabitants of New Genesis are far more stronger, faster, smarter, and are said to be immortal.

  • Superhuman Strength: Uxas is a very powerful alien from the planet Apokalips. His strength easily exceeds 100 tons as he is one of the strongest characters in the DC universe. However, his strength varies on his incarnation. Despite his strength fluctuations, his strength alone is a force to be reckoned with. He can easily destroy colossal objects, overpower humans and far stronger characters especially cosmic beings, has the capability to bend and break any man-made material, lift massive objects, and easily demolish infrastructures. His strength is so great that he can easily overpower strong beings such as Superman and Wonder Woman in hand to hand combat. His powers are so great that he could destroy a Green Lantern Ring with his bare hands.
  • Superhuman Speed: Due to Darkseid's New God Physiology, he can think, react, and move faster than a well rounded Olympic Athlete who engages in everyday exercise. Although not as fast as speedsters such as Flash and Superman, he would often surprise his foes by appearing right behind them. It is said that he can react within microseconds.
  • Superhuman Stamina: Darkseid's tissues don't create fatigue toxins resulting in him having inexhaustible stamina.
  • Invulnerability: Darkseid is extremely resistant to most forms of physical and mental harm. Darkseid's full durability capacity varies depending on the incarnation. Overall, because he is a high-tier cosmic being, humans couldn't even begin to harm him, bullets bounce off him, rockets, bombs and lasers won't even leave a mark on him, and high-voltage energy emissions can't penetrate through him. He is completely immune to all earthly diseases and viruses. Despite his resistance, powerful beings like Superman or the Martian Manhunter can cause him great distress and pain. Also, materials forged from his home world can hurt him as well. He, like all New Gods, is vulnerable to Radion.
  • Immortality: As a New God, Darkseid has an extended lifespan which allows him to exist indefinitely. He doesn't age, wither, or degrade. He has been reduced to nothing before by the Spectre but it has been shown that he reformed his body shortly thereafter.

Omega Effect

Darkseid is fueled by the Omega Effect which is a force of entropy from the destructive side of the Source. He can use the omega effect in a plethora of ways.

  • Omega Beams: Darkseid's most destructive use of the Omega Effect. He focuses this power as a form of concussion that fires from his eyes. He has complete control over it that he can change its path at will. He can make it travel in a straight line, curve, bend, or twist around corners. When it hits a target, it quickly reduces the target into nothing. His Omega Beams are proven ineffective against Wonder Woman's bracelets, as they were created from the Olympian Aegis. Nothing has been said to to survive the full Omega Effect except for stronger beings such as Doomsday, Superman, and Hank Henshaw.
  • Telepathy: Darkseid can easily read minds of others anywhere in the Universe. He can also attack them telepathically and invade their thoughts.
  • Mind Control: Darkseid can control the actions and perception of multiple individuals at once.
  • Telekinesis: Darkseid can mentally influnce the movement of other objects to move with the use of his mind.
  • Matter Manipulation: With the use of the Omega Effect, Darkseid can dissipate and disperse molecules from an object or organism. He can create life or erase them out of existence. He could also use it to control the internal reactions of an organism such as to de-evolve it.
  • Teleportation: Darkseid can teleport himself and other beings anywhere in the universe.
  • Size Alteration: He can easily manipulate his size, density and mass.
  • Omega Sanction: Probably one of the most disastrous effects the Omega Effect can give. It can be described as a living hell for it traps the organism in a series of alternate realities, each one worse than the previous.