Darkseid vs Thanos(engineering an empire)

• 53 results
kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By kheranlord12

Darkseid and Thanos have to two years to build a glorious empire

building an empire
They both start with a group of samll people they have to use they charisma and intellect to influence people. They have to use every resource they can to expand they empire through trading, inventing technolgy, building powerful warriors and increasing they wealth.

Technology
They have to build the most adavane technolgy in the universe that put other empires technology such has the kree and the Skrull to shame
1. war machine
2.advanced genetic engineering
3.advanced robotics
4.advanced warp-drive starships
etc,etc

Economy
They have to build the most wealthiest empire in the entrie universe and most have possession of treasures and golds.

Society and Culture
They also  must have different class of people such has engineers,philosphers,warriors etc etc

They have 2 years to build a glouries empire    
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Lance Uppercut

Well, Darkseid already has experience in this area, so he'd probably net the war machine and advance robotics department. However his economy and society are piss poor, and it could be where Thanos would excel.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

darkseid cause he has more experience and thanos does have a tendency for self destruction plan wise

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AtPhantom

Technology aspects, Darkseid has him owned. He engineered powered armors which can take on Superman and Doomsday. Warships as big as asteroids, And Boom tubes can just go anywhere any time. Beats any star drive known to sci-fi.

Economy and Culture, Thanos owns him. I don't know if Thanos is all that interested in improving culture and economy, but when going against a guy who's been going out of his way to turn his kingdom into a living hell for the last 245,000 years, he can't lose.

Avatar image for high_revolutionary
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Darkseid wins in all categories.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By the creator
@AtPhantom said:
a guy who's been going out of his way to turn his kingdom into a living hell for the last 245,000 years

Doesn't time fly when you're having fun :-)
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By joshmightbe
@AtPhantom:
considering thanos just wants everything dead darkseid might have him beat there
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AtPhantom
@joshmightbe said:
" @AtPhantom: considering thanos just wants everything dead darkseid might have him beat there "
What do you think Darkseid wants? Peace and joy in the world?
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@joshmightbe said:
" @AtPhantom: considering thanos just wants everything dead darkseid might have him beat there "
That was old Thanos. Recent Thanos was actually making an effort to not kill everything.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AtPhantom
@the creator said:
" @AtPhantom said:
a guy who's been going out of his way to turn his kingdom into a living hell for the last 245,000 years
Doesn't time fly when you're having fun :-) "
LOL
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By joshmightbe
@AtPhantom:
well depends whats worse death or unending agony
CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CAPiTA

i think Thanos can match Darkseid in technology. he's said to have knowledge of the highest technologies in the universe.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By joshmightbe
@Lance Uppercut:
im not conviced yet
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AtPhantom
@CAPiTA said:
" i think Thanos can match Darkseid in technology. he's said to have knowledge of the highest technologies in the universe. "
He never demonstrated it.
CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CAPiTA
@AtPhantom: ah well. at least for sure Thanos has him in Culture. the guy knows of like every ancient cosmic relic in existence.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@joshmightbe said:
" @Lance Uppercut: im not conviced yet "
Well, it was revealed that he only stole the HoTU to fix a flaw in the universe. And he only stole the IG to impress his one true love.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By joshmightbe
@Lance Uppercut:
yea but he could always relapse
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AtPhantom
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @joshmightbe said:
" @Lance Uppercut: im not conviced yet "
Well, it was revealed that he only stole the HoTU to fix a flaw in the universe. And he only stole the IG to impress his one true love. "
He didn't know he was stealing it to fix the flaw, TOAA manipulated him. And his true love was what cause him to want everything dead in the first place.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@joshmightbe said:
" @Lance Uppercut: yea but he could always relapse "
Death is like his Cocaine.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By joshmightbe
@Lance Uppercut:
pretty much
CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CAPiTA

i really wanna watch Thanos or Darkseid play Civilization 4 or Spore. THAT would be interesting.

kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kheranlord12
@joshmightbe said:
"@AtPhantom: considering thanos just wants everything dead darkseid might have him beat there "
I know Thanos has a different goal from Darkseid. This is just a dream match
Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Tevnoba

Thanos has built a Star Ship capable of destroying his Omega Clone of Galactus (Which was described twice as powerful as the real thing) - I believe it was call "Doomsday 666". Thanos' chair has trans-universal teleportation capabilities, Darkseid has had troubles crossing most universal and dimensional barriers - Thanos does not.  The sensors track people across the universe and into other dimensional planes of existence, even individuals traveling as super luminal speeds.  He has built bio-mechanical clones of Dr. Strange, The Hulk, Galactus, Professor X, and others.

Thanos' knowledge of being the universes supreme being on multiple occasions as well as him time at the Infinity Well have give Thanos knowledge and insight as to the very nature and core of the universe far beyond Darkseid's "experience".

As for experience in building loyal followers, Thanos created multi-galactic spanning cult of Nihilists that continued for years after he first died.

Thanos is far more capable in the fields of charisma, intellect and influence to get a more varied group of people to follow him.  Darkseid has threats and intimidation only - he does not know the meaning of charisma.  Darkseid is limited in his ability to garner loyal anything - his "empire" is almost exclusive to followers who are afraid of being killed - they have no loyalty and would turn on him in a second if they believed they could succeed and get away with it.

Thanos' technology equals if not exceeds Darkseid's in many ways.

Most important, time scale!  Thanos has done (and in multiple occasions) in a few centuries more than Darkseid has been able to do in nearly a million years.  And that has been often with the whole universe against him, not just one planet of "New Gods" and a few heroes.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AtPhantom

1. Darkseid never had trouble crossing any dimensional barrier. Like I said before, Boom tube is a go anywhere plot device.

2. Darkseid has created traps capable of capturing beings like divine Ares and armors which can overwhelm beings like Imperiex. The technology of the New Gods is beyond even I dare say Galactus or Celestials, not to mention Thanos. They have brought forth universe busting devices (Genesis Box) on several occasions. Even in Final crisis, when Superman replicated a device designed by the oldest race in the universe, device capable of re writing creation, Darkseid commented on how crude it was compared to a simple Mother Box.

3. The New Gods are very aware of the nature of the universe. Darkseid has, over the years, plotted with and against everyone from Lords of magic to the Monitors, but I agree that Thanos' insight would prove superior here.

4. On charisma, I agree, though it's worth noting that Darkseid's followers are actually quite loyal. He is their God, after all, and good or evil, God is someone you obey.

5. Darkseid never left his home because there is a faction of just as powerful good Gods hampering his progress. But Darkseid has conquered the universe in several timelines, all of which within normal continuity, requiring a temporal incursion in order to be erased.

Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Tevnoba
@AtPhantom said:

2. Darkseid has created traps capable of capturing beings like divine Ares and armors which can overwhelm beings like Imperiex. The technology of the New Gods is beyond even I dare say Galactus or Celestials, not to mention Thanos. They have brought forth universe busting devices (Genesis Box) on several occasions. Even in Final crisis, when Superman replicated a device designed by the oldest race in the universe, device capable of re writing creation, Darkseid commented on how crude it was compared to a simple Mother Box.

Thanos created devices to contain and draw power from Galactus - that is way above trapping Ares.  Celestial Technology is the oldest technology in the universe - being billions and billions of years old.  The Celestials are older than the Watchers or the Elders of the Universe The only race possible older than them in the MU is The Stranger's Race, and that is questionable.

4. On charisma, I agree, though it's worth noting that Darkseid's followers are actually quite loyal. He is their God, after all, and good or evil, God is someone you obey.

They are loyal only because they don't feel they have a choice - they have been programed from "birth" to worship him and.or mentally dominated to be loyal.  I doubt any of Darkseid's Followers would have ever been considered to have a choice.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AtPhantom
@Tevnoba said:
"Thanos created devices to contain and draw power from Galactus - that is way above trapping Ares.  Celestial Technology is the oldest technology in the universe - being billions and billions of years old.  The Celestials are older than the Watchers or the Elders of the Universe The only race possible older than them in the MU is The Stranger's Race, and that is questionable.
  "
1. Thanos created devices to contain an already beaten Galactus. Darkseid created devices to trap and hold a god wave wielding (divine) Ares. That's Ares wielding all the power of all the gods in the universe.
2. I'm not questioning how old the Celestials are. I was merely pointing a comparison between technology of the oldest race in DCU compared to the of the New Gods.

"They are loyal only because they don't feel they have a choice - they have been programed from "birth" to worship him and.or mentally dominated to be loyal.  I doubt any of Darkseid's Followers would have ever been considered to have a choice. "
This is completely true.
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bumnut
@AtPhantom said:
"Technology aspects, Darkseid has him owned. He engineered powered armors which can take on Superman and Doomsday. Warships as big as asteroids, And Boom tubes can just go anywhere any time. Beats any star drive known to sci-fi.  Economy and Culture, Thanos owns him. I don't know if Thanos is all that interested in improving culture and economy, but when going against a guy who's been going out of his way to turn his kingdom into a living hell for the last 245,000 years, he can't lose. "

If prep is involved, and I believe it is, Thanos can come up with whatever DS has or can come up with, I believe.!
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AtPhantom
@bumnut said:
"If prep is involved, and I believe it is, Thanos can come up with whatever DS has or can come up with, I believe.! "
This isn't a fight, this is building an empire, The only way Thanos can reach Darkseid's God tech is to steal it.
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By bumnut
@AtPhantom said:
" @bumnut said:
"If prep is involved, and I believe it is, Thanos can come up with whatever DS has or can come up with, I believe.! "
This isn't a fight, this is building an empire, The only way Thanos can reach Darkseid's God tech is to steal it. "

:-)
Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jx4gz
@Tevnoba said:
" Thanos has built a Star Ship capable of destroying his Omega Clone of Galactus (Which was described twice as powerful as the real thing) - I believe it was call "Doomsday 666". Thanos' chair has trans-universal teleportation capabilities, Darkseid has had troubles crossing most universal and dimensional barriers - Thanos does not.  The sensors track people across the universe and into other dimensional planes of existence, even individuals traveling as super luminal speeds.  He has built bio-mechanical clones of Dr. Strange, The Hulk, Galactus, Professor X, and others.  Thanos' knowledge of being the universes supreme being on multiple occasions as well as him time at the Infinity Well have give Thanos knowledge and insight as to the very nature and core of the universe far beyond Darkseid's "experience". As for experience in building loyal followers, Thanos created multi-galactic spanning cult of Nihilists that continued for years after he first died.  Thanos is far more capable in the fields of charisma, intellect and influence to get a more varied group of people to follow him.  Darkseid has threats and intimidation only - he does not know the meaning of charisma.  Darkseid is limited in his ability to garner loyal anything - his "empire" is almost exclusive to followers who are afraid of being killed - they have no loyalty and would turn on him in a second if they believed they could succeed and get away with it.  Thanos' technology equals if not exceeds Darkseid's in many ways.  Most important, time scale!  Thanos has done (and in multiple occasions) in a few centuries more than Darkseid has been able to do in nearly a million years.  And that has been often with the whole universe against him, not just one planet of "New Gods" and a few heroes. "
Genesis Box ..nuff said 
Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Tevnoba
@Jx4gz said:
" @Tevnoba said:
" Thanos has built a Star Ship capable of destroying his Omega Clone of Galactus (Which was described twice as powerful as the real thing) - I believe it was call "Doomsday 666". Thanos' chair has trans-universal teleportation capabilities, Darkseid has had troubles crossing most universal and dimensional barriers - Thanos does not.  The sensors track people across the universe and into other dimensional planes of existence, even individuals traveling as super luminal speeds.  He has built bio-mechanical clones of Dr. Strange, The Hulk, Galactus, Professor X, and others.  Thanos' knowledge of being the universes supreme being on multiple occasions as well as him time at the Infinity Well have give Thanos knowledge and insight as to the very nature and core of the universe far beyond Darkseid's "experience". As for experience in building loyal followers, Thanos created multi-galactic spanning cult of Nihilists that continued for years after he first died.  Thanos is far more capable in the fields of charisma, intellect and influence to get a more varied group of people to follow him.  Darkseid has threats and intimidation only - he does not know the meaning of charisma.  Darkseid is limited in his ability to garner loyal anything - his "empire" is almost exclusive to followers who are afraid of being killed - they have no loyalty and would turn on him in a second if they believed they could succeed and get away with it.  Thanos' technology equals if not exceeds Darkseid's in many ways.  Most important, time scale!  Thanos has done (and in multiple occasions) in a few centuries more than Darkseid has been able to do in nearly a million years.  And that has been often with the whole universe against him, not just one planet of "New Gods" and a few heroes. "
Genesis Box ..nuff said  "
You mean a New Genesis MotherBox.  They are very nice technological advances.  Thanos has done most if not all of the feats with his tech that a motherbox is capable of and a lot more.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AtPhantom
@Tevnoba said:
"You mean a New Genesis MotherBox.  They are very nice technological advances.  Thanos has done most if not all of the feats with his tech that a motherbox is capable of and a lot more. "
No, a genesis box is a device capable of recreating a universe. Think mother box to the tenth power. And not at all difficult for Gods to create. Orion was able to do it despite being resourceless and in hiding.
Pulsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Pulsar

Has Darkseid ever made a Genesis Box on his own?
Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jx4gz
@Tevnoba said:
" @Jx4gz said:
" @Tevnoba said:
Genesis Box ..nuff said  "
You mean a New Genesis MotherBox.  They are very nice technological advances.  Thanos has done most if not all of the feats with his tech that a motherbox is capable of and a lot more. "
Thanos has never possessed technology which would allow him to recreate the entire universe, Darkseid has greater technology then even Galactus has, Thanos loses this one bad 
Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Tevnoba
@AtPhantom said:
" @Tevnoba said:
"You mean a New Genesis MotherBox.  They are very nice technological advances.  Thanos has done most if not all of the feats with his tech that a motherbox is capable of and a lot more. "
No, a genesis box is a device capable of recreating a universe. Think mother box to the tenth power. And not at all difficult for Gods to create. Orion was able to do it despite being resourceless and in hiding. "
Motherboxes are not "easy" to create, as the attempt has failed on at least one occasion on Apokalypse .  I seriously doubt a "Genesis Box" can be created by any new god, let alone easily.

@Pulsar said:
" Has Darkseid ever made a Genesis Box on his own? "

Have been able to find no information that suggests he has, but then again I have been unable to find much information about the Genesis Box at all (the only comic reference to it is from JLA #15).

In any event being able to destroy a universe and recreate it does not actually help Darkseid in creating a LOYAL empire.  He could create a universe full of mindless automatons to serve him but that is not the same.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AtPhantom
@Tevnoba said:
"Motherboxes are not "easy" to create, as the attempt has failed on at least one occasion on Apokalypse .  I seriously doubt a "Genesis Box" can be created by any new god, let alone easily. "
They're easy to build if you know how to build them. In the same issue where said person (aptly named Kretin) failed to make it, we saw children in Himon's lair building them from basically scratch.

"@Pulsar said:
" Has Darkseid ever made a Genesis Box on his own? "
Have been able to find no information that suggests he has, but then again I have been unable to find much information about the Genesis Box at all (the only comic reference to it is from JLA #15).  "
There was only one Genesis box ever created, and it was used by Orion after Darkseid took over the universe.

"In any event being able to destroy a universe and recreate it does not actually help Darkseid in creating a LOYAL empire.  He could create a universe full of mindless automatons to serve him but that is not the same. "
Well yes, we've already established that.
Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Tevnoba

So we agree, as far as the OP in question . . Thanos would smite Darkseid in building an empire.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AtPhantom
@Tevnoba said:

" So we agree, as far as the OP in question . . Thanos would smite Darkseid in building an empire. "

Well......... In one part, yes.
Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Tevnoba
@AtPhantom said:
" @Tevnoba said:

" So we agree, as far as the OP in question . . Thanos would smite Darkseid in building an empire. "

Well......... In one part, yes. "
Well . . . . . .That's what the OP was.  So it is either yes or no in this case.
Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Stormultt
@Tevnoba said:
"So we agree, as far as the OP in question . . Thanos would smite Darkseid in building an empire. "

i agree,, but i feel darkseid could easily build a seuccessful empire but i mean cmon, if he gets access to celestial tech it could be over.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AtPhantom
@Tevnoba said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Tevnoba said:

Well......... In one part, yes. "
Well . . . . . .That's what the OP was.  So it is either yes or no in this case. "
The OP asks who can build a better technological empire and who can build a better cultural empire. We agree Thanos will win the second part.
kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By kheranlord12

bump

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By difficlus

prolly darkseid in tech, thanos is warp drive (boom tube just teleports) and society and economy. IMHO...

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AtPhantom
@difficlus said:
"warp drive (boom tube just teleports) "
So? How is that significant? This is not a a race.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By difficlus
@AtPhantom said:
" @difficlus said:
So? How is that significant? This is not a a race. "
i dont understand what you're trying to say. thanos makes better star ships in general than darkseid has...so i'm making the case he could use his brains to make more ships for his citizens. 
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AtPhantom
@difficlus said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @difficlus said:
So? How is that significant? This is not a a race. "
i dont understand what you're trying to say. thanos makes better star ships in general than darkseid has...so i'm making the case he could use his brains to make more ships for his citizens.  "
Oh, I though you were comparing speeds. Boom tubes can be placed on ships (and can, in fact, transport entire planets if you make them big enough), and Darkseid has made ships ranging in size from a US state to a small asteroid.
kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By kheranlord12

When i made this thread a year ago on KMC. A poster named TricksterPriest questioned would Darkseid meet this criteria because of his needs to be worshipped like a god.

''Darkseid has actual experience at this game and would probably win, save for one problem.

TrictsterPriest post.

''Economy
they have to build the most wealthiest empire in the entrie universe and most have possession of treasures and golds.

Society and Culture
they also should must have different class of people such has engineers,philosphers,warriors etc etc

Apokolips does not have wealth in the traditional sense, and Darkseid would see no need to accumulate it. Gods do not care about money.

As for culture......."Die for Darkseid." That basically sums up the culture of Apokolips.

And since Darkseid runs apokolips as an absolute totalitarian dictatorship, we can expect essentially the same on this, Apokolips 2.

Better empire, yes. But you can argue that Darkseid fails to meet two of the criteria for winning this thread''

mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mattek
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By FinalStar86

When Thanos has a device that can restart all of existence then he might have a chance here, until then DS in both very very easily

mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mattek
@FinalStar86 said:
" When Thanos has a device that can restart all of existence then he might have a chance here, until then DS in both very very easily "
I'm not familiar with this device. Can you provide a scan please?