Darkseid vs Thanos...who has the most embarassing defeat?

• 77 results
Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Flash is one thing, because his entire power is based on Speed/ The Speed Force / Speed Steal etc. But the commonly that a fast enough character can beat someone they can't really damage is annoying.

@jagernutt said:

@those_eyes:

Sure he could tag him. Lesser have done so. And Thanos is among the greatest.

Thats too inconsistent. I see way too many arguments where people say flash blitzes characters who are way faster than thanos, thor, and others.

@kangconquers said:

@those_eyes said:

@kangconquers said:

@those_eyes said:

@kangconquers said:

This made me so painfully happy. If this happened to Thor, users on here would prove it showed Thor has weak reaction time, but because it happened to Surfer it's PiS.

I kinda agree. But isnt that because ss has shown reaction speed way faster than this but thor never really has?

I think there are bigger issues than reaction time in that post, namely durability and Surfer's cosmic awareness would've warned him.

Speed is an overrated battle trait anyway. Durability is where it's at. That's truly why Thanos is such a beast; 99.9% of Superheroes literally have nothing they can do to harm him.

Travel speed is overrated imo. But you need combat/reaction speed. I mean if you cant tag the person your fighting then its a lose lose even if you are durable enough. Thanos would never tag the flash in a million years.

True, but every time I see a speed blitz argument in a Wonder Woman vs Thanos thread, or something similar, I puke in my mouth.

LMAO. Yae i do honestly hate the speed blitz argument. Thats one of the reasons why i dont like debating with characters who are speedsters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@jagernutt said:

@those_eyes:

Sure he could tag him. Lesser have done so. And Thanos is among the greatest.

Thats too inconsistent. I see way too many arguments where people say flash blitzes characters who are way faster than thanos, thor, and others.

@kangconquers said:

@those_eyes said:

@kangconquers said:

@those_eyes said:

@kangconquers said:

This made me so painfully happy. If this happened to Thor, users on here would prove it showed Thor has weak reaction time, but because it happened to Surfer it's PiS.

I kinda agree. But isnt that because ss has shown reaction speed way faster than this but thor never really has?

I think there are bigger issues than reaction time in that post, namely durability and Surfer's cosmic awareness would've warned him.

Speed is an overrated battle trait anyway. Durability is where it's at. That's truly why Thanos is such a beast; 99.9% of Superheroes literally have nothing they can do to harm him.

Travel speed is overrated imo. But you need combat/reaction speed. I mean if you cant tag the person your fighting then its a lose lose even if you are durable enough. Thanos would never tag the flash in a million years.

True, but every time I see a speed blitz argument in a Wonder Woman vs Thanos thread, or something similar, I puke in my mouth.

LMAO. Yae i do honestly hate the speed blitz argument. Thats one of the reasons why i dont like debating with characters who are speedsters.

And Thanos always wins. No matter how fast his opponent is.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By jashro44
Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally equals Omnipotent on Comic Vine, just kidding.

The worst arguements are speed blitz equals win, speed blitz is where you hit your opponent so fast they can't react; but with someone like Thanos, they will not get KO'd or die from it, so I don't know why people think it means instant win, it only means they get hits on first not the other gets downed so they can't fight back.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Outside_85

Thanos got beaten off-screen by a swarm of tree-rats...

No Caption Provided

and ending in that position, who knows what else happened to him other than they set his ass on fire.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By jashro44

@sophia89: No he didn't. "Stardust wait. Despite out current disagreement Ben Grimm is a friend. And I also wish to hear the rest of what this one has to say."

That scan pretty much proves my the point. He told star dust to stop and he flat out states he wants to hear the rest of what T'challa had to say. As for storm harming on the next page he says "do you really wish to impede one who flies through stars with lightning!" He wasn't hurt by storm either. Annoyed by her if anything.

Just because Mcduffie did a terrible job getting his point across doesn't mean that the issue is PIS. It makes a lot more sense that surfer was faking against black panther and considering that interpretation is backed up by the writer it can't actually be argued against.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#61 frozen  Moderator

@kingant27: Wally has better feats than Thanos.

Both Darkseid and Thanos had losses retconned but Thanos had them retconned more simple, Morrison retconned all of Darkseid's showings.

SilverGalford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:

@killemall said:

Does this count as a battle? O_o

And Thanos losing to NYPD is not canon.

you can't keep making excuses for thanos!

his whole career is to win a woman,and DP stole her from him :P

Maybe he needs a new sort of cybernetic implant then?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64  Edited By Killemall

@jashro44 said:

No. Dwayne Mcduffie confirmed he was faking.

He just said that because people berated the hell out of him for that one particular feat. Evidently, its not the first time that has happened under the same writer. Contest of Champion vol 3 we see Black Widow do something similar on Wonder Man.

Specially when you look at it, Surfer thought it was better to get caught in an arm bar to learn their plan instead of you know, just read their mind after all he is a pretty good telepath.

Thats just an excuse he came up with.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

No. Dwayne Mcduffie confirmed he was faking.

He just said that because people berated the hell out of him for that one particular feat. Evidently, its not the first time that has happened under the same writer. Contest of Champion vol 3 we see Black Widow do something similar on Wonder Man.

Specially when you look at it, Surfer thought it was better to get caught in an arm bar to learn their plan instead of you know, just read their mind after all he is a pretty good telepath.

Thats just an excuse he came up with.

I know surfer is a powerful telepath and that reading his mind should have been an option (so yes Mcduffie deserves to be criticized for that) but I honestly don't think it was an excuse he came up with. I believe the scene was legitimately meant to be interpreted that way. Surfer himself told stardust to hold and said he wishes to hear more of what Black Panther had to say.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@jashro44 said:

I know surfer is a powerful telepath and that reading his mind should have been an option (so yes Mcduffie deserves to be criticized for that) but I honestly don't think it was an excuse he came up with. I believe the scene was legitimately meant to be interpreted that way. Surfer himself told stardust to hold and said he wishes to hear more of what Black Panther had to say.

I understand what you mean, but Surfer asking Stardust to hold makes sense because Stardust is someone who plays for keeps, in fact her entire history revolves around killing whoever she can every time Galatus feasts on the planet. Silver Surfer trying to not get them killed would make sense, because Stardust isnt one to be contend with knocking people out.

Silver Surfer wanting to listen to Black Panther makes sense too.

But Silver Surfer willing sitting there in an arm lock, hoping that Black Panther, presumably, would gloat about him plans thinking he has the upper hand, that really doesnt make sense. I dont think thats why he drew the said planet.

He has some military background, he has earlier written a story when exactly the same thing happened, Black Widow defeating Wonder Man in Contest of Champion by having him in an arm lock. I am fairly convinced he was just making an excuse. If you look at it, Black Panther actually gives a reason, a very unbelievable one at that, on why the arm lock should actually work.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By jashro44

@killemall said:

I understand what you mean, but Surfer asking Stardust to hold makes sense because Stardust is someone who plays for keeps, in fact her entire history revolves around killing whoever she can every time Galatus feasts on the planet. Silver Surfer trying to not get them killed would make sense, because Stardust isnt one to be contend with knocking people out.

Silver Surfer wanting to listen to Black Panther makes sense too.

But Silver Surfer willing sitting there in an arm lock, hoping that Black Panther, presumably, would gloat about him plans thinking he has the upper hand, that really doesnt make sense. I dont think thats why he drew the said planet.

Yea. As I said Mcduffie did not do a good job at writing the scene and he could have done it better and made it more clear. I think he forgot silver surfer was a telepath so he tried to kind of make it so surfer was faking them out. On the next page stardust says something like "I don't think this is a good idea" and silver surfer just says "indulge me" so I don't think he was ever really concerned with anyone. If Black Panther had him in an armbar he couldn't escape I think he would have been a bit more concerned.

@killemall said:

He has some military background, he has earlier written a story when exactly the same thing happened, Black Widow defeating Wonder Man in Contest of Champion by having him in an arm lock. I am fairly convinced he was just making an excuse. If you look at it, Black Panther actually gives a reason, a very unbelievable one at that, on why the arm lock should actually work.

I recall buckshot once tried to argue that both Black Panther and silver surfer were pretending IIRC. And if you think about it, it does make sense. Black Panther was faking being knocked out (surfer said he knew T'challa was still conscious). I think it was bad characterization all around but I do honestly believe that Mcduffie did mean to have the scene read that way. I guess I can understand where your coming from but I just don't agree. I also think its better to just go with Mcduffies explanation than say PIS (I mean there is still a little bit of WIS involved but I think his explanation still makes more sense[all though if I were to try and make a guess why surfer didn't use TP, it might be worth noting in cable 54 cable commented that black panther hides his thoughts like a master telepath if thats worth anything, this is just a theory though]).

Its never stated on panel to be an act granted, but I think there are a few hints that it was an act and considering Mcduffies explanation I would stick with the idea that surfer was acting.

EDIT: Also theres a contest of champions volume 3?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid lost to Superman. Thanos has never lost. Darkseid takes this by default.

Btw, the NYPD and mugging incidents aren't canon. The stairs incident was when Darkseid had no powers.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Thanos. He lost to Captain America. With Darkseid, there is no shame to losing against Batman or Superman, the greatest crimefighters of all time

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After years of trying to get the Anti-Life equation, didn't Darkseid blow himself up with it first thing?

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos. He lost to Captain America. With Darkseid, there is no shame to losing against Batman or Superman, the greatest crimefighters of all time

Except for the part where Captain America could probably solo Batman in a pure physical confrontation.

ass143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ass143

@kingant27: no it was good writing starling cant take a loss hes like that kid that that loses says I didnt lose so I dont have to pass my controller its my house and I get a rematch

He diminished thanos with his rewrites champions take the wins with the losses if they come and when they come

Avatar image for marvel_kills_dc
Marvel_kills_DC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Darkseid has the most embarrassing defeat and he deserves it

ass143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ass143

@kangconquers: wank alert stop thinking thanos ig and thotu goes hand in hand thanos regularly is nothing impressive thats why you must troll with ig and thotu clear spite and thanos doesnt regenerate so find someone who can kick his a$$ you got em and only about 40% cant hurt him without amps who people give him always even when someone states he doesn't have POWERS THAT ARENT HIS thotu isnt a thanos power its an amp alot of characters can have ig same thing if we talk thanos can we please stop trolling youre making people spite a decent character hes not toaa hes just thanos and just cause its marvel doesnt mean its better im a big marvel fan but dc has better storylines marvel to universal type never a story that isnt leading up to beyonder or thanos/ig which are boring storylines and poorly written do to laziness snap all heroes goneXD clear wanking from the creator thanos regular isnt that strong stop with the feats tactic its played out writer can make a pea the new toaa if they want base it off known abilties not fanboyism and powers they in theory have *coughwankingcough* like I read a thread about putting out the fire on darmmamus headXD wow point vlank he had a lesser moment wtf is canon and a comic strip or book mention means it happened

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By those_eyes

@reikai said:

@AssertingValor: But the NYPD didn't defeat him. Wheras a Stairmaster could defeat Darkseid. And while Thanos would escape and return to his farm to continue planning, Darkseid ended up working at a McDonald's to pay off his debt to society.

Darkseid has the biggest fail.

No Caption Provided

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ass143 said:

@kangconquers: wank alert stop thinking thanos ig and thotu goes hand in hand thanos regularly is nothing impressive thats why you must troll with ig and thotu clear spite and thanos doesnt regenerate so find someone who can kick his a$$ you got em and only about 40% cant hurt him without amps who people give him always even when someone states he doesn't have POWERS THAT ARENT HIS thotu isnt a thanos power its an amp alot of characters can have ig same thing if we talk thanos can we please stop trolling youre making people spite a decent character hes not toaa hes just thanos and just cause its marvel doesnt mean its better im a big marvel fan but dc has better storylines marvel to universal type never a story that isnt leading up to beyonder or thanos/ig which are boring storylines and poorly written do to laziness snap all heroes goneXD clear wanking from the creator thanos regular isnt that strong stop with the feats tactic its played out writer can make a pea the new toaa if they want base it off known abilties not fanboyism and powers they in theory have *coughwankingcough* like I read a thread about putting out the fire on darmmamus headXD wow point vlank he had a lesser moment wtf is canon and a comic strip or book mention means it happened

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation