Darkseid vs Thanos (READ Orginial Post)

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Darkseid vs Thanos (READ Orginial Post) (41 votes)

Darkseid 63%
Thanos 37%
Tie 5%

We all seen threads about who would win in a fight or who is the most powerful, but who is the most evilest out of these 2? Who has no redeemable qualities? Who has tortured the most people and killed the most? Who is like the embodiment of "EVIL?" I know Thanos has love but its a love of "death" of all things and its more of an obsession... So who will win out of these 2 being the most evilest?

• 
Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a tough question. I think Thanos is more insane than he is evil. Perhaps Darkseid is more evil when it comes to the motivations of his actions, however it is arguable if he is more ruthless or cruel.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hail Lord Darkseid.

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

Hail Lord Darkseid.

Do you have any reasons why?

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

Hail Lord Darkseid.

He threatened Batman once. That's pretty got damned evil.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This seems more like a topic for the General board, but whatever. I think Darkseid is certainly the less "redeemable" of the two. After all, in most of Thanos' appearances after Infinity Gauntlet he was actually written as an anti-hero, rather than an out and out villain. In the first story arc of his solo series, Thanos is actually actively seeking to atone for his past deeds. Darkseid has never done anything even close to this. His goal has always been the complete mental and spiritual enslavement of all sentience, and he's never really deviated from that.

I certainly don't buy into Morrison's very trite "The God of Evil" interpretation, but he's definitely a god that is very evil.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid is less redeemable but Thanos has killed more people

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@freefa11 said:

This seems more like a topic for the General board, but whatever. I think Darkseid is certainly the less "redeemable" of the two. After all, in most of Thanos' appearances after Infinity Gauntlet he was actually written as an anti-hero, rather than an out and out villain. In the first story arc of his solo series, Thanos is actually actively seeking to atone for his past deeds. Darkseid has never done anything even close to this. His goal has always been the complete mental and spiritual enslavement of all sentience, and he's never really deviated from that.

I certainly don't buy into Morrison's very trite "The God of Evil" interpretation, but he's definitely a god that is very evil.

This is a battle of who is the most evilest...... I never did understand why they wanted to make Thanos an antihero? He only cares about death and destruction, so how they made him an antihero doesn't make sense.. Even when he was a child he fell in love with killing and torturing people!

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

probably Darkseid...

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By darklord_apoc

@capall2 said:

probably Darkseid...

Why though?

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@darklord_apoc said:

@patrat18 said:

Hail Lord Darkseid.

Notice he only did it once. ^_^

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid! Also technically Darkseid saved the multiverse once so that she do it for his redemption. And Darkseid because his in general try to be evil rather than an anti-hero.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a battle of who is the most evilest...... I never did understand why they wanted to make Thanos an antihero? He only cares about death and destruction, so how they made him an antihero doesn't make sense.. Even when he was a child he fell in love with killing and torturing people!

Because he doesn't only care about death and destruction?

The end of Infinity Gauntlet already shows that Thanos has been re-evaluating his life and his purpose in light of his multiple cosmic scale failures. This continues into Infinity War, and at some point it becomes clear that he realizes his attempts to woo Death have failed utterly; she has rejected him, and while he still seems to love her, he realizes that actively pursuing her is a fruitless endeavor.

Also note that being an anti-hero doesn't mean he has much in the way of typical heroic values; he is still fine with killing and torturing, he just becomes more selective in who he does it to, and mainly only as needed, not for fun. That doesn't mean he has ethical issues with it.

Although it is worth noting that Darkseid himself rarely kills without cause, and views torture (at least at the level Desaad employs it) to be quite distasteful, and only useful as a necessary tool.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid takes it

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The better question is, which one is uglier?

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Experio

Darkseid.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By patrat18

The better question is, which one is uglier?

Thanos that chin is disgusting.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By patrat18

@jeepeh said:

@patrat18 said:

@darklord_apoc said:

@patrat18 said:

Hail Lord Darkseid.

That's all it takes.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@dondave said:

Darkseid is less redeemable but Thanos has killed more people

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kgb725

Darkseid. thanos may kill but he does it out of love

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THANOS IS MORE EVIL?!?!?!?!?!

DARKSEID WORKED A MCDONALDS!

who knows how many fat people he has killed..

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@jeepeh said:

@patrat18 said:

@darklord_apoc said:

@patrat18 said:

Hail Lord Darkseid.

That's all it takes.

Well Batman came back and shot him, so I guess he didn't do a good enough job. Batman on the other hand, Darkseid never came looking for him....

#batmanfanboy2014

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxgin said:

THANOS IS MORE EVIL?!?!?!?!?!

DARKSEID WORKED A MCDONALDS!

who knows how many fat people he has killed..

Hey! I like Mcdonalds......

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@freefa11 said:
@darklord_apoc said:

Because he doesn't only care about death and destruction?

The end of Infinity Gauntlet already shows that Thanos has been re-evaluating his life and his purpose in light of his multiple cosmic scale failures. This continues into Infinity War, and at some point it becomes clear that he realizes his attempts to woo Death have failed utterly; she has rejected him, and while he still seems to love her, he realizes that actively pursuing her is a fruitless endeavor.

Also note that being an anti-hero doesn't mean he has much in the way of typical heroic values; he is still fine with killing and torturing, he just becomes more selective in who he does it to, and mainly only as needed, not for fun. That doesn't mean he has ethical issues with it.

Although it is worth noting that Darkseid himself rarely kills without cause, and views torture (at least at the level Desaad employs it) to be quite distasteful, and only useful as a necessary tool.

Well Darkseid had children of Apokipis tortured under Granny Goodness just so they would never resist him and worship and die for him, so he does have others do it for him which is just as bad especially when it comes to children. He also makes you kill one thing that you love the most just to see how loyal you are to him and to be amused... He said in "Final Crisis" that he wants to take everyone to hell with him and break their souls and even enslave them as he has done with the people on his planet...

Well they made Thanos so evil that when Nate Grey tried looking in his mind it made him crap his pants on how Thanos thinks, and even Adam Warlock was afraid to use the soul gem on Thanos because he felt his evil would affect his soul... So that is why I didn't understand him trying to make up for his sins even after he dumped Mistress Death because even when he was little he fell in love cutting people open and torturing them when he could have just killed them quickly.. He also made Nebula stay alive while she was melting and it said she was in agony, and he said that it made him happy seeing her like that. So that is why I didn't like it when he tried redeeming himself at all because at first they made it seem like he wasn't redeemable... Even Mistress Death told him in "Thanos Rising" that she knew from the start that Thanos was heartless and loved the suffering of others...

@killemall: what do you think about all this?

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid.

Thanos has killed many more people, out of love though.. But it's because Lady Death plays hard to get and Thanos is just insane.

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lol

Darkseid.

Thanos has killed many more people, out of love though.. But it's because Lady Death plays hard to get and Thanos is just insane.

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lol said:
@iragexcudder said:

Darkseid.

In "Thanos Rising" she said that Thanos always was born to kill, and that's why I don't get how he turned into an antihero all of a sudden lol. It would be like Joker or Carnage becoming an antihero

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darklord_apoc: yeah I don't understand it either lol I mean they've already made Venom into one

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@darklord_apoc: sorry for the incredibly late reply. Darkseid is far more evil than Thanos.

It's good to note that Thanos Rising isn't really a good depiction of the Starlin version of Thanos. The origin story Starlin gave him was almost exactly the same save the actual emotion behind the story itself. In Starlin's version, he didn't torture and kill people for fun. In fact, where Thanos Rising has him kill his mother on a lab table, Starlin's story told us that she died in the assault on Titan, which made him sad as his mother was one of the only people on Titan he would have tried to save/ cared for.

Thanos Rising isn't bad, but I share the same opinion with a lot of older Thanos fans when I say it definitely didn't properly capture his character. It also changed some minor points from the original origin story.

So if you actually follow Starlin's arc with the character, you come to see that he was never pure evil in the first place. He was only killing for the love of Mistress Death. He is insane, yes, but not evil. Heck, he even helped Captain Marvel pass into the afterlife before his redemption after the Infinity Gauntlet event.

Darkseid on the other hand is completely evil with almost no redeeming qualities. While he never kills without a cause, he is the perfect example of Lawful Evil. While beings like Trigon and Nekron are more chaotic evil. His end goal is to subjugate all sentience under his will and force them to live and die for him. He is cruel, merciless and sadistic to the fullest extent. There is a good reason they call him "The God of Evil".

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Darkseid.

GunsNRoses23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid. Thanos has done some degrees of helping the universe, worked with heroes more consistently from Infinity Watch, GOTG and has moments of epiphany.

Darkseid is more immersed in evil. Although I would consider it more apples and oranges since both have slaughtered billions and brought harm to the universe many times.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 114

Darkseid wants to control everything because he wants to be the supreme rules while Thanos, despite the fact that what he does is pure evil, he is doing that because of, "love". It is clear that Darkseid is more like an evil ruler while Thanos is more like a scientist.

So based on goal, character and overall introduction, the answer is clearly Darkseid.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Finally darkseid beats Thanos

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_ said:

Darkseid.

Thanos is not insane. His actions and goals are twisted but he is not insane.

Finally darkseid beats Thanos

No Caption Provided

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_ said:

Darkseid.

Thanos is not insane. His actions and goals are twisted but he is not insane.

Why? You've just proven why Thanos is insane.

(:

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_: He loves killing but he is in love with an entity which appears to be a woman. It is weird but I wouldn't call him strait up insane.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid was going to take out the multiverse just because he was dying so he gets my vote.

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Nah, Thanos is pretty crazy. Not necessarily in a way that constitutes some sort of mental disease of any sorts. But he does go around the Universe killing for a being who he secretly knows will never love him back. Yet he continues to attempt to woo her, thinking that maybe this will be the time. It's his obsessiveness over Mistress Death that makes him crazy. I also feel that his desire to design a plot that puts reality at risk with the only reason being that he is bored is pretty crazy. You basically hit the nail on the head though. Thanos isn't a tyrannical ruler, he's a scientist/knowledge seeker at heart. He has ruled over large armadas and the moon Titan for a short time, but he wasn't really successful in maintaining either of them. Mostly because he was bored and saw that conquering/ruling over anything is kind of futile.

That's my opinion on the matter anyway.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bobandjim1260: Maybe what I'm trying to say is that Thanos is not a full on psycho. I think his situation is the mix of sociopath and a little bit crazy.