Darkseid vs Professor X and Jean

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Thanofleeze

Poll Darkseid vs Professor X and Jean (50 votes)

Darkseid 76%
Professor Xavier and Jean Grey 24%
  • No Phoenix in this fight.
  • Takes place in the Savage Land.
 • 
ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

going with darkseid...although that jean pic....

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WTF is this? Darkseid stomps.

Equilbrium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Equilbrium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just sayin lol

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DS has Tp himself. He can block them long enough to tear their hearts out. DS stomps.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Darkseid.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt:

DS has Tp himself. He can block them long enough to tear their hearts out. DS stomps.

Why do people feel this is a legitimate battle tactic against telepaths? "He has telepathy so he can hold them off". Give us some telepathic feats against two very powerful telepaths at the same time to make this true. Xavier can gather energy from across galaxies and use that energy as a psi attack and Jean is more powerful than he is, so just having telepathy does not mean you can hold these two off especially when they are together, considering Jean can increase the power of mutants that she is around, while still being able to operate her own powers at optimal levels.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@rbt:

Why do people feel this is a legitimate battle tactic against telepaths? "He has telepathy so he can hold them off". Give us some telepathic feats against two very powerful telepaths at the same time to make this true. Xavier can gather energy from across galaxies and use that energy as a psi attack and Jean is more powerful than he is, so just having telepathy does not mean you can hold these two off especially when they are together, considering Jean can increase the power of mutants that she is around, while still being able to operate her own powers at optimal levels.

I have a better one; show us an example of Darkseid ever succumbing to a telepathic assault.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans said:

@rbt:

I have a better one; show us an example of Darkseid ever succumbing to a telepathic assault.

The point I'm trying to make is having telepathy is not a guarantee that you can hold off another telepath, especially two of the most powerful in all of Marvel. If people are going to argue that he has enough telepathic might to do that, then I would like to see proof, otherwise it's not a valid point. So if a scan of him not succumbing to telepathic assault exists, then it would be the job of the people that think he can handle them to find it, and then it should be a scan of him not succumbing to the telepathic assault of two or more telepaths of their level of power and skill for that to even matter.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just because Darkseid has telepathy does not mean he can hold them off. They should be way too much for him to handle.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16  Edited By Pokeysteve

Jean distracts Darkseid and Charles wheels over him...

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheMagicStik

@thundergodswrath said:

Just because Darkseid has telepathy does not mean he can hold them off. They should be way too much for him to handle.

Yeah uh DS goes up against TP on the regular from people like MMH and is visibly unaffected, he slaughterstomps these two lesser beings.

As a side note I wonder what DS and Xavier are reaching for................... ;)

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DeathandGrim

@hulkman123 said:

WTF is this? Darkseid stomps.

Jobseid may job like it's charity work but he's still nothing to trifle with

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@rbt:

The point I'm trying to make is having telepathy is not a guarantee that you can hold off another telepath, especially two of the most powerful in all of Marvel. If people are going to argue that he has enough telepathic might to do that, then I would like to see proof, otherwise it's not a valid point. So if a scan of him not succumbing to telepathic assault exists, then it would be the job of the people that think he can handle them to find it, and then it should be a scan of him not succumbing to the telepathic assault of two or more telepaths of their level of power and skill for that to even matter.

And my point was that you'd be hard pressed to find such a scan, since Darkseid to my knowledge has never become someone elses puppet.

For instance, in Superman/Batman we were introduced to Orion's wife Bekka, who had an uncontrolled psionic power that targeted people who were angry and lonely. The effect was that both she and the target would be drawn to each other, now this effect got to Batman and it also got to Orion (one of DC's angriest characters) yet Bekka had no effect at all on Darkseid because he 'willed' the effect away, leaving Bekka to call him an emotional glacier.

Another, out of continuity, example of this Raven being unable touch anything in him in the NTT/X-Men crossover... which ofc also featured Xavier, who couldn't do anything to him either.

Now I know both of these examples are technically showing empathy has nothing to bring against Darkseid, but the point is that in both cases it is because Darkseid has so much willpower that he can brush off such attempts, he only does things he wants to.

Finally, Darkseid needs only a brief moment to fire a pair of Omega-beams at the pair.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@outside_85 said:

@lordofallhumans said:
@outside_85 said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@rbt:

And my point was that you'd be hard pressed to find such a scan, since Darkseid to my knowledge has never become someone elses puppet.

For instance, in Superman/Batman we were introduced to Orion's wife Bekka, who had an uncontrolled psionic power that targeted people who were angry and lonely. The effect was that both she and the target would be drawn to each other, now this effect got to Batman and it also got to Orion (one of DC's angriest characters) yet Bekka had no effect at all on Darkseid because he 'willed' the effect away, leaving Bekka to call him an emotional glacier.

Another, out of continuity, example of this Raven being unable touch anything in him in the NTT/X-Men crossover... which ofc also featured Xavier, who couldn't do anything to him either.

Now I know both of these examples are technically showing empathy has nothing to bring against Darkseid, but the point is that in both cases it is because Darkseid has so much willpower that he can brush off such attempts, he only does things he wants to.

Finally, Darkseid needs only a brief moment to fire a pair of Omega-beams at the pair.

If I'd be hard press to find such a scan, of him not succumbing to telepathic assault, then that means there is little to no proof that he can stand up to it, not the other way around. I won't assume because there are not scans of him showing this kind of resistance to Jean and Xavier level telepaths, especially based on empathic feats, one of which is not even canon.

All psi attacks are not created equal, nor do they all involve making one a puppet. There are psi attacks that are not hampered by will power and can only be hated by psi shielding, like psi blast. Why exactly would the two of them seek to mind control him anyway? They have mastery over telepathy, something as basic as mind control is a novice move when the two of them would be able sense just how much will power he has to begin with, together the two of them have fought and contained the power of the Dark Phoenix when Jean was basically still new to having telepathy, I don't see his will power or any amount of telepathy he has being a problem for their combined power, especially when Jean had so much raw power she could burn thoughts and turn them into ash. Xavier alone, being limited by planet wide psi static, was able to force his way into the mind of Galactus. Even though this did not move Galactus, it's still a feat worth mentioning due to him being limited when he actually did it and the to show the kinds of minds he can enter. Jean can telepathically best wielders of the Phoenix, and if you want to bring up non-canon feats to prove his strength, then lets not forget that the mere memories of the Phoenix in that crossover were too much for him to handle, so two telepaths that have fought and beat the real deal certainly have a chance against him.

So as usual people see a DC character and they get the auto win. Jean and Xavier are extremely power, and until somebody shows him fighting off their kind of power, there is no reason to think that they can't give him a tough time in the arena of the mind. People are saying he is telepathic enough to hold both of them off why he mounts some physical attack, when in actuality they are telepathic enough to keep him too telepathically engage to access his physical abilities. So show us some legitimate feats of his ability to fight off two telepaths of their level and dominate them, or like I said, saying he can do it without proof is not a valid argument.

They only need a briefer moment to pull him to the astral plane.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wasn't Raven able to affect Darkseid psionically? These two will give him one helluva headache.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans said:

@rbt:

You can't really ask that. Unless DS has feats to suggest he can withstand a telepathic assault you can't assume he can just because it's never been shown that he can't. The same argument can be used against Gorr, he's an obvious powerhouse but since he doesn't have feats against Molecular Manipulation or Telpathy etc we can't say that he could withstand them if he doesn't have the feats.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I'd be hard press to find such a scan, of him not succumbing to telepathic assault, then that means there is little to no proof that he can stand up to it, not the other way around. I won't assume because there are not scans of him showing this kind of resistance to Jean and Xavier level telepaths, especially based on empathic feats, one of which is not even canon.

All psi attacks are not created equal, nor do they all involve making one a puppet. There are psi attacks that are not hampered by will power and can only be hated by psi shielding, like psi blast. Why exactly would the two of them seek to mind control him anyway? They have mastery over telepathy, something as basic as mind control is a novice move when the two of them would be able sense just how much will power he has to begin with, together the two of them have fought and contained the power of the Dark Phoenix when Jean was basically still new to having telepathy, I don't see his will power or any amount of telepathy he has being a problem for their combined power, especially when Jean had so much raw power she could burn thoughts and turn them into ash. Xavier alone, being limited by planet wide psi static, was able to force his way into the mind of Galactus. Even though this did not move Galactus, it's still a feat worth mentioning due to him being limited when he actually did it and the to show the kinds of minds he can enter. Jean can telepathically best wielders of the Phoenix, and if you want to bring up non-canon feats to prove his strength, then lets not forget that the mere memories of the Phoenix in that crossover were too much for him to handle, so two telepaths that have fought and beat the real deal certainly have a chance against him.

So as usual people see a DC character and they get the auto win. Jean and Xavier are extremely power, and until somebody shows him fighting off their kind of power, there is no reason to think that they can't give him a tough time in the arena of the mind. People are saying he is telepathic enough to hold both of them off why he mounts some physical attack, when in actuality they are telepathic enough to keep him too telepathically engage to access his physical abilities. So show us some legitimate feats of his ability to fight off two telepaths of their level and dominate them, or like I said, saying he can do it without proof is not a valid argument.

It's absence is proof in itself that there is no one strong enough to do so.

Yes I noticed that Cyclops recently described a psi-fight between Zorn/Jean and a bunch of other telepaths as 'punching each other really hard in the brain', so yes, I am still going to back the only guy that's been able to face whatever is dwelling in the Omega Realm. Especially when this is Jean at her very lowest setting who's mental powers were defeated by a guy with a helmet... said helmet even keeps the Phoenix out of him.

And as usual the Marvel fans come pouring out whenever they see a Jean battle and automatically hands her the victory without giving any thought to who she is fighting, what they can do, or whats limitations has been set on her.

And yeah, as if pulling them all into the Astral Plane is going to do them any good.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans said:

It's absence is proof in itself that there is no one strong enough to do so.

Yes I noticed that Cyclops recently described a psi-fight between Zorn/Jean and a bunch of other telepaths as 'punching each other really hard in the brain', so yes, I am still going to back the only guy that's been able to face whatever is dwelling in the Omega Realm. Especially when this is Jean at her very lowest setting who's mental powers were defeated by a guy with a helmet... said helmet even keeps the Phoenix out of him.

And as usual the Marvel fans come pouring out whenever they see a Jean battle and automatically hands her the victory without giving any thought to who she is fighting, what they can do, or whats limitations has been set on her.

And yeah, as if pulling them all into the Astral Plane is going to do them any good.

Not it's absence is only proof that it hasn't happened not that it can't happen.

Oh because now Cyclopes is the expert on all things telepathic? We have seen hundreds of psi battles on panel to know that what he described is not the definitive description of telepathic battles. I have no idea what the "Omega realm" has to do with his ability to somehow take them on, based on Cyclopes limited explanation of psi battles. Where are you getting that this is Jean at her lowest level? All the OP says is no Phoenix. Jean as Marvel Girl was powerful enough to psi blast Juggernaut and later mind link him to a dog to experience it's death, she also mindraped Magneto with his will power and helmet intact and both she and Xavier can enter a mind that is supposed to be immune to telepathy when the body is diamond (Emma Frost). The pic of Jean is from Endsong, and during that time she was able to beat the Phoenix possessed Emma, while not using the power of the Phoenix as stated by the Phoenix on panel. So I have no idea where you are getting this "lowest setting" stuff from, even though she has a Marvel Girl feat against powerful magical psi screens.

She is not handed the battle automatically, the only people that gave this no thought are the ones that say because he has used telepathy before he can hold off a telepath, just based on having the same power without any proof of him going against telepaths on the level of the two here. I have given instances of both these telepaths using telepathy on cosmic beings and being able to enter their minds and on two occasions (one together) win against said telepaths. You have offered nothing to support your claims that he can handle them.

The astral plane gives them home field advantage, especially since Xavier can offer nothing in the physical plane. They are both basically reality warpers in that particular reality, so taking him there will do plenty good, until you post something contrary.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not it's absence is only proof that it hasn't happened not that it can't happen.

Oh because now Cyclopes is the expert on all things telepathic? We have seen hundreds of psi battles on panel to know that what he described is not the definitive description of telepathic battles. I have no idea what the "Omega realm" has to do with his ability to somehow take them on, based on Cyclopes limited explanation of psi battles. Where are you getting that this is Jean at her lowest level? All the OP says is no Phoenix. Jean as Marvel Girl was powerful enough to psi blast Juggernaut and later mind link him to a dog to experience it's death, she also mindraped Magneto with his will power and helmet intact and both she and Xavier can enter a mind that is supposed to be immune to telepathy when the body is diamond (Emma Frost). The pic of Jean is from Endsong, and during that time she was able to beat the Phoenix possessed Emma, while not using the power of the Phoenix as stated by the Phoenix on panel. So I have no idea where you are getting this "lowest setting" stuff from, even though she has a Marvel Girl feat against powerful magical psi screens.

She is not handed the battle automatically, the only people that gave this no thought are the ones that say because he has used telepathy before he can hold off a telepath, just based on having the same power without any proof of him going against telepaths on the level of the two here. I have given instances of both these telepaths using telepathy on cosmic beings and being able to enter their minds and on two occasions (one together) win against said telepaths. You have offered nothing to support your claims that he can handle them.

The astral plane gives them home field advantage, especially since Xavier can offer nothing in the physical plane. They are both basically reality warpers in that particular reality, so taking him there will do plenty good, until you post something contrary.

So just because it happens to be Jean and Charles it's going to happen here?

For one I have the Jean at lowest level from the OP: 'No Phoenix'. The Omega Realm has to do with this as an example of what kind of willpower Darkseid has, which is going to be crucial in what is essentially a battle of wills and psychic power.

Sure seems to be an auto-handing here since in these Battle Forums, Marvel telepaths seems to come with an auto-win button. Unlike the comics where they tend to get beaten around a lot and Jean seems to be the character that's died the most.

And you want my proof? Darkseid has enslaved 3 billion Daxamites with TP, he's assaulted and held the entire Olympian Panthenon captured, he cracked open the mind of Saturn Girl, he's the second most powerful of all the New Gods where everyone seems to have somekind of superpower, he endured the Omega Realm, a place so terrifying even Desaad the most sadistic of all the New Gods couldn't stand it, he's enslaved half of Earths population with the Anti-Life Equation that meant everyone became Darkseid and resisted every telepathic attempt at removing him up to everyone being ensnared by the Lasso of Truth.

You mean like saying a change in scenery probably isn't going to faze Darkseid the slightest, even if they manage to move all of his consciousness there?

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans said:

So just because it happens to be Jean and Charles it's going to happen here?

For one I have the Jean at lowest level from the OP: 'No Phoenix'. The Omega Realm has to do with this as an example of what kind of willpower Darkseid has, which is going to be crucial in what is essentially a battle of wills and psychic power.

Sure seems to be an auto-handing here since in these Battle Forums, Marvel telepaths seems to come with an auto-win button. Unlike the comics where they tend to get beaten around a lot and Jean seems to be the character that's died the most.

And you want my proof? Darkseid has enslaved 3 billion Daxamites with TP, he's assaulted and held the entire Olympian Panthenon captured, he cracked open the mind of Saturn Girl, he's the second most powerful of all the New Gods where everyone seems to have somekind of superpower, he endured the Omega Realm, a place so terrifying even Desaad the most sadistic of all the New Gods couldn't stand it, he's enslaved half of Earths population with the Anti-Life Equation that meant everyone became Darkseid and resisted every telepathic attempt at removing him up to everyone being ensnared by the Lasso of Truth.

You mean like saying a change in scenery probably isn't going to faze Darkseid the slightest, even if they manage to move all of his consciousness there?

Why not unless you have an instance of two more powerful telepaths being useless against him? If you did you'd have already mentioned them.

Jean not having Phoenix does not equal lowest setting. For one up until Planet X, Jean never had the Phoenix to begin with. As I told you before will powers is only effective when it is being used to combat mind control and illusion casting. Psi blasts are like standard energy blasts, it takes shields to keep them from being effective, if you insist on limited their telepathy to novice feats like mind control then your reason for believing his will power is all he needs makes sense, they are master telepaths, and have more up their collective sleeves than mind control.

If people would put Marvel telepaths against people with viable telepathic resistance feats then there would be no "autowin". It's no different than the standard DC "speed blitz" as an autowin, even against energy beings that can't be physically touched.

That is not proof that he can take on these telepaths. Him mind controlling a planet of featless non-telepaths is only a good feat in a tp battle, when matched against similar telepathic feats. Xavier being able to enter the minds of billions and using their collective mental energy to form blasts on three separate occasions, is much more impressive than mind controlling a bunch of unknowns with unknown amounts of mental powers. Give me instances of any of these minds being teleapthic on the level of Jean and Xavier, fighting his mind with no resutls, because last time I checked Saturn Girl does not compare to both of them combined. So he has thicker skin than one of his servants and that means he can beat telepaths? The Anit-life equation is not a factor in this battle as it is not an actual power of his, and it's power is not absolute as it has been broken before nor is it telepathy, so it's not even relevant to bring it up.

What? A powerful telepath on the astral plane is like a Hell Lord in their Hell, action follows thought instantly with no middle man and anything they can conceive happens, they in effect become reality warpers, with the astral plane becoming reality.

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@pokeysteve said:

There are no wheels, just to clarify. This is the Savage Land where Charles can walk.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@pokeysteve said:

There are no wheels, just to clarify. This is the Savage Land where Charles can walk.

Unless I missed something being in the Savage Land does not give Xavier the ability to walk. IIRC it happened in the 90's cartoon but was due to an unknown side effect of Sinister's power dampening machine which was destroyed, so while he could walk he was powerless. Feel free to correct me if there is something in the comics I may have missed.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean and Xavier FTW

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid blows up the planet

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither can even react to the OB or whatever they're called in the new 52.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They can shut him down.

BWANASIMBA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BWANASIMBA

Mr. Myxylptk could not control Darkseid, nor could Emperor Joker and Emperor Joker was able to control Zeus, Phantom Stranger, Shazam, and Ganthet. Joker (with Bat-Mite's power) and Mr. Myxy summoned him once and, although they were able to manipulate/ control everyone else in the story (Maximums, Superman, Batman, etc.), Darkseid merely walked away and refused to play their game. Finally, Mr. Miracle with the full Anti-Life Equation was able to control Darkseid's body, but could not do anything to his mind/ soul. Likewise, with portions of the Anti-life Equation Darkseid has controlled entire worlds and enslaved various beings in the universe, including Superman and Orion. There is nothing Jean and Charles can do here.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xavier makes darkseid see a giant stair way in front of him and darkseid freaks out.

lol no really darkseid wins either of them could shut him down if they had the time but neither of them will have the time.