• 53 results
#1 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by King Saturn (223788 posts) - - Show Bio
Darkseid would handle Helspont... once them Omega Beams hit Helspont ass... it will put that Flame Out on his Head

lol
#3 Posted by comicfanforever (1025 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid with Omega Beams.

#4 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio

Good Battle. Not sure if Helspont cold resist his beams.

I would say Darkseid.

#5 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio

Like Alph says: Good Battle! 
Helspont is Majestic's Darkseid 
He is more powerful that Majestic in the energy dept 
But slightly lesser than him in the physical aspect 

I will give it to DS only because her shows more durability
#6 Posted by theiconic (924 posts) - - Show Bio

dark seid

#7 Posted by sexy beast (352 posts) - - Show Bio

DS wins.

#8 Posted by JayMar89 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

i was wondering who was more powerful looks like its darkseid

#9 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid should win.

#10 Posted by grimlock (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

Uxas!

#11 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11698 posts) - - Show Bio

Even New 52 Darkseid would wreck New 52 Helspont .......

#12 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Really? Superman was getting beat by DS but at least he was in the fight. And the rest of the JL were able to do stuff too. That just straight wouldn't fly with Helspont. (And thanks for giving me an excuse to post these.)

And later...

#13 Posted by Night Thrasher (3596 posts) - - Show Bio

Best battle in a long time! My first reaction is to say Darkseid...But, Helspont is major too! I have to go with Darkseid mostly due to longevity.  

S/N Helspont is probably the coolest looking villain to come from Image period!

#14 Posted by Killemall (18245 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot: Superman did pretty well against Hellspont the first time around though, in Superman 08.

#15 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2575 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to got with Darkseid...Need to see more from Helspont. Has he ever gone toe-to-toe with a team as stacked as the Justice League?

#16 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: If by "pretty well" you mean "little to no actual damage", then sure. Superman never hurt Helspont in that fight. The closest he got was when Helspont was pretending. Helspont let him off exactly like he did with Grifter. He let them both fight him, seemingly beat him, then let them both leave thinking they were victorious. That was in the first stages of his plan, and with Grifter he even said he did it to see exactly what he was dealing with. Now he's moved forward somewhat (sending his lieutenants to Earth to recruit) and he's no longer pretending they're on his level. He let Superman know where he really measures up.

#17 Posted by Saren (25269 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: When Superman saw the extent of Helspont's resources in the Superman Annual, he himself came to the conclusion that Helspont was holding back, just testing him, when they fought the first time.

#18 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfanforever said:

Darkseid with Omega Beams.
#19 Posted by SoA (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellspont after a tough fight

#20 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 it would go to Helspont.

#21 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (902 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

Darkseid would handle Helspont... once them Omega Beams hit Helspont ass... it will put that Flame Out on his Head

lol
#22 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering Darkseid has had such little appearances, it's hard to gauge his full abilities in the New 52.

Helspont did KO Superman with a mere backhand though and Clark himself admitted that Helspont was holding back in their original fight.

#23 Posted by Immortal777 (6826 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid FTW idk why new 52 is being mentioned.

#24 Posted by entropy_aegis (14205 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno,Darkseid stomped the JL the first time.Helspont has only fought Superman granted he was dominating but still I think based on the new 52 versions DS wins.

#25 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32623 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope DC have the good sense to have these two square off, it would be awesome 

#26 Posted by Empiorumfacemask (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

I dunno,Darkseid stomped the JL the first time.Helspont has only fought Superman granted he was dominating but still I think based on the new 52 versions DS wins.

Yeah but Helspont back handed Superman into the moon and Clark had a concussion.

#27 Posted by usmuscle (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Helspont litteraly pimp smacked superman and ko'd him with it. currently he would do the same to DS.

#28 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buckshot said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Really? Superman was getting beat by DS but at least he was in the fight. And the rest of the JL were able to do stuff too. That just straight wouldn't fly with Helspont. (And thanks for giving me an excuse to post these.)

And later...

wow....even grifter did better than superman
#29 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8372 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Not to mention that the spacecraft where he was, was energized by himself

#30 Edited by drgnx (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Its hard to call, Helspont did power the ship, and pimped slapped Superman to the moon that's a better feat than DS.

edit: Err wait, These are pre 52 versions...

#31 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@Deranged Midget: Not to mention that the spacecraft where he was, was energized by himself

Indeed and he decided to let Clark know that he considered him the most powerful being on the planet before proving how powerless when compared to himself.

#32 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrickster said:

wow....even grifter did better than superman

Only because Helspont let him.

#33 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4879 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot. I'm not that familiar with Helspont. What are his powers?

#34 Posted by Saren (25269 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub: In DC? Strength, durability, energy blasts, telepathy, telekinesis, flight, and (I don't know if he did this or if his ship did) the ability to teleport people away.

#35 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4879 posts) - - Show Bio

@Citizenbane thanks a lot! Wow, he's seems pretty powerful. Do think he could take Darkseid?

#36 Posted by Saren (25269 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub: I dunno, neither one of them have enough showings to say which of them would win. I'm hoping DC does a big fight between them that manages to do justice to both their characters, though. Or maybe they should join forces or something. Helspont's best feat so far is that Superman pimp-slap pictured above, and one-shotting Superman is Darkseid's best feat so far as well (he knocked him out once with the Omega Beams and before that by.....stamping on the ground or something, it wasn't really clear). I like that they share a punching bag in Supes for some reason.

#37 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4879 posts) - - Show Bio

@Citizenbane a team up would be awesome with those 2. I love Darkseid, he's one of my favorite villains. I really dig Helsponts visuals, and he sounds like an awesome villain. It would be cool to see DS and Helspont team up and take on the league. I agree w/the Supes being a punching bag of both also. Lol

#38 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: It's debatable who proved superior in regards to fighting Superman so far. Darkseid seemed to be angered and holding no regard for life as he smacked around the Justice League and Superman. In their second "bout", Helspont gave Clark the benefit of the doubt before proving both his and the rest of Earth's uselessness towards his own power as he knocked him unconscious with the most casual of back-hands.

I'm not stating one holds an advantage over the other since we have so few feats to base it off of, but Helspont seemed to exert himself less in both encounters, even when considering that he held back considerably in the first fight.

#39 Posted by Saren (25269 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Darkseid did simply walk away from Hal after beating him up though. It was like he couldn't care less about the League being there. We know he had no intention of killing Superman at least since there were Parademons on hand to take Superman's unconscious body back to Apokolips so that Desaad could use his DNA to create super-soldiers for Darkseid's army. He didn't even make an attempt to attack any of the other members of the League, they made the first move. It seemed more like he was there for one purpose, finding his daughter (whoever she is/was) and the League were nuisances for the most part. I'm not sure if this was Johns' idea of what Darkseid should be like, but he didn't feel the need to talk to the League for most of his time on Earth. Helspont backhanded Supes, sure, but Darkseid knocked Supes out just by stamping the ground. It's hard to tell which of them was more casual about it.

#40 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

@Buckshot. I'm not that familiar with Helspont. What are his powers?

http://www.comicvine.com/helspont/29-40632/ there's a powers section...

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

@Citizenbane thanks a lot! Wow, he's seems pretty powerful. Do think he could take Darkseid?

While there's not much on either of them right now, I think he could. Darkseid took on more characters at once, but he needed to actually fight them. Wonder Woman and Aquaman were able to do damage to him (even before stabbing him in his eyes their efforts were actually slowing him) and there were times when Superman looked to be able to almost match Darkseid by himself. Helspont never looked to be hurt and expended not a drop of effort to ko Superman. Add to that that someone with only a portion of his power was able to one-shot the Martian (the other guy who took on the league all by himself) and I think Helspont's just on another level from what's been shown so far.

#41 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: True, but Hal isn't even comparable to Superman in the New 52 so I don't see how that would really make a difference. It's true that Darkseid was merely brushing off the Justice League as if they were nuisances but Clark still seemingly managed to temporarily hold his ground in a grapple with Darkseid even after being struck with the Omega Beams before Cyborg shot him back to Apokolips via Boom Tube, and this was a Superman five years prior to the current Superman title. Obviously, it's not apparent how much power he gained throughout those years, but we do know he becomes stronger over time.

If you ask me, a foot stomp requires more effort than a back-hand.

#42 Posted by entropy_aegis (14205 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: He used tk not a foot stomp IIRC.

#43 Posted by Saren (25269 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget:

@Deranged Midget

this was a Superman five years prior to the current Superman title. Obviously, it's not apparent how much power he gained throughout those years, but we do know he becomes stronger over time.

True. Obviously I don't have any way of telling what difference Clark's rise in power would make, but the Superman title takes place in the present, and in the 12th issue, after he'd been beaten unconscious by that green alien creature, he remarked that it felt like he'd gone a couple of rounds with Darkseid. That's all I got.

#44 Posted by Saren (25269 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@CitizenBane: True, but Hal isn't even comparable to Superman in the New 52 so I don't see how that would really make a difference.

Forgot to reply to this, but I mentioned Hal not because of anything to do with his power vis-a-vis Darkseid or Superman; I mentioned it as an instance of Darkseid not caring enough to simply put Hal out of his misery, which contradicts what you said about him being angry or having no regard for life and such.

@entropy_aegis said:

@CitizenBane: He used tk not a foot stomp IIRC.

I couldn't tell what he was doing, lol.

#45 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@Deranged Midget:

Clark was getting dominated, no doubt, but at least with Darkseid he was in the fight. That wasn't the case with Helpsont (when he wasn't just finding out about him and giving him a job offer). Helspont's minions seem to be on Superman's level. The machine he sent for Superman in issue 7 was hurting him and after sending his report to Helspont, was able to fight him even though Superman "cut loose" on him. And the Martian got downed easily by another one of Helspont's minions. But this is a thing we simply don't have enough info to be sure about at this point.

#46 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot said:

Clark was getting dominated, no doubt, but at least with Darkseid he was in the fight. That wasn't the case with Helpsont (when he wasn't just finding out about him and giving him a job offer). Helspont's minions seem to be on Superman's level. The machine he sent for Superman in issue 7 was hurting him and after sending his report to Helspont, was able to fight him even though Superman "cut loose" on him. And the Martian got downed easily by another one of Helspont's minions. But this is a thing we simply don't have enough info to be sure about at this point.

That's pretty much my stand-point as well. Once Batman freed him, he was temporarily able to hold his own against Darkseid. Helspont tooled him without effort even after stating that he considering Clark the most powerful being on the planet.

#47 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

New DC hellspont looks meaner

Old DC hellspont too, since DS has a bad history of jobbing (only chance is omega effect) and elspont has fought planet pushing maj

Come on dude!

#48 Posted by entropy_aegis (14205 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

New DC hellspont looks meaner

Old DC hellspont too, since DS has a bad history of jobbing (only chance is omega effect) and elspont has fought planet pushing maj

Come on dude!

I'm getting tired of people using the crappy Superman/Batman series to prove a point.Going by that series Damian Wayne has Kryptonian level reflexes,it's a fun book but nothing more and severely inconsistent with power levels.

#49 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot:

He OG man, kayoing superman with energy blasts are unreal

#50 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: DS is weird though, some times he hauls major ass but at other time he sucks super ass. But seeing as sometimes superman can manhandle him when 'angered' then helspont can do it (at least physically)