Darkseid (Pre-Crisis) v Thanos

• 52 results
DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Like the title says; Pre-Crisis Darkseid, aka the REAL Darkseid, vs Thanos' most powerful portrayal (can't remember of the top of my head, help me out). Infinity allowed, Omega allowed.

No prep. I guess "morals off" & bloodlust is irrelevant to the above stated characters.

It doesn't really matter where the fight takes place since it can go anywhere.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@dwightspitz: Does most poweful version of Thanos equate to amps such as I.G or HOTU?

If not then Darkseid stomps.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thanos

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By frozen  Moderator
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@kingant27 said:

@experio: Agreed

Thanos

He gets stomped. ASSUMING it means no amps for Thanos, the real Darkseid stomps - the real Darkseid appeared in Final Crisis (Pre-Crisis) and his presence was causing the Multiverse to collapse.

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DwightSpitz

@frozen: I said Infinity [Gauntlet] allowed & the most powerful version of Thanos must be HOTU.

@noone301994@experio: care to motivate? Remember this is Pre-Crisis so Anti-Life Equation is a factor.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@dwightspitz: Oh damn, with I.G and HOTU Thanos stomps. Unless it was Soulfire, Darkseid could conceivably win.

Blackice709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hubris_exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hubris_exe

@dwightspitz: anti life is strong but HOTU? c'mon man... @Frozen can Uxas take on the HOTU? This doesn't seem fair to me...

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hotu Thanos stomp.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 frozen  Moderator
DaredevilDD78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thanos

Hubris_exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwightspitz: Yeah, this thread isn't fair

@god_spawn @saren

Unless you're willing to change the rules to make it more even, though idk which version of thanos can take on PC DS in a good fight...

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DwightSpitz

@frozen: I don't know if Soulfire should be included, since everyone & everything seems to regard it because the writer made too many plot-holes & lore changes.

With HOTU in mind thou, how do you think SF DS would do?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 frozen  Moderator

@dwightspitz: It was Jim Starlin (creator of Thanos) sabotaging Darkseid.

EnZy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think thanos wins.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spite

ilikedonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ilikedonuts

Thanos with the Inifnity Gauntlet wins in a curbstomp. With the Infinity Gauntlet, there literary aint nothin' he cant do. I like Darkseid better, an' if it wasn't for the amps Thanos is gettin', Darkseid would win quite easily since it's Pre-Crisis, but the Infinity Gauntlet can do literary anythin'.

Thanos erases Darkseid from existence without movin' a muscle.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 frozen  Moderator
ilikedonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen:

Maybe not but Thanos can use the Reality Gem an' make it possible to erase Darkseid, an' then have all of Darkseid's powers for himself an' take over Apokolips.

I like Darkseid waaaaay better than Thanos, but the Infinity Gauntlet is too overpowered.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you want this to be fair you should disallow Thanos to have the Infinity Gauntlet. He can literally erase all life in the universe with a thought and then some.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 frozen  Moderator

If you want this to be fair you should disallow Thanos to have the Infinity Gauntlet. He can literally erase all life in the universe with a thought and then some.

Darkseid can't be erased. The Crisis didn't affect him.

@frozen:

Maybe not but Thanos can use the Reality Gem an' make it possible to erase Darkseid, an' then have all of Darkseid's powers for himself an' take over Apokolips.

I like Darkseid waaaaay better than Thanos, but the Infinity Gauntlet is too overpowered.

No denying Thanos wins with I.G, and I too think Darkseid is clearly a much better character but I don't necessarily think he can be erased, it was made clear he could not be.

ilikedonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen:

Oh ok. Well I guess the Thanos will find another way with the IG an' all...

But without the IG, Darkseid would crush Thanos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos with the amps.

Darkgenex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In all out physical match, no amps, Thanos.

With most powerful amps of both, Thanos stomps.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: What makes you think he couldn't be erased? Did someone with larger amounts of power than the infinity gauntlet try to erase Darkseid and fail?

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Thanos IG

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994: yeah The Spectre... After erasing him he still returned.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006: The Infinity Gauntlet is stronger than Spectre in my opinion. The Infinity Gauntlet was so powerful that not even the Living Tribunal knew if his powers were great enough to overpower it.

Avatar image for deactivated-1358091
deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 frozen  Moderator

@noone301994: LOL, L.T was far above I.G. The storyline showed that. And Anti-Monitor tried to erase DS but could not. Anti-Monitor > Thanos with I.G.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Noone301994

@frozen: But the Living Tribunal wasn't confident that he could do it without dire consequences. When he confronted Adam Warlock with the Infinity Gauntlet he knew that a battle between each other would mean the end of reality itself. That's why they talked it out instead of fighting. The Living Tribunal de-powered the gems but that was after they were disassembled and not working in unison. So if the Living Tribunal had that hard of a time with the Infinity Gauntlet then:

Infinity Gauntlet > Anti-Monitor

Especially since we all know:

LT > Anti-Monitor

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 frozen  Moderator
Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

for those of you who think soulfire darkseid defeated the source so he stomps, he does not because he only defeated the death of new gods version of the source. in that storyline, many of the new gods had different power levels than they did originally.

the DoNG source

powers: unlimited power at multi universal levels (multiple universes, not infinite), great knowledge, and cosmic awareness.

best feats include:

almost destroying a universe with its power before it retracted.

half of it (the anti life entity) overpowered the cirque with ease, the cirque then cut off a universe and let the anti life entity destroy it to save many other universes.

created the new gods, but there was no indication that it generated the god wave.

the ALE was not a fraction of the sources power, but half. and it was not an equation, but an entity.

worst feats:

outsmarted by darkseid

surprised by three old gods, and was beaten

defeated by darkseid

had to use the infinity man to kill all new gods (might be PIS, but because it's power level was extremely low throughout the series, I doubt it)

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@van_cere: Yes, The Source supposedly should be above Hal Jordan's Spectre, who in turn beat Parallax. However Darkseid was also billed as an 'Omnipotent' being and only the avatars are fractions of the power of the real Darkseid, that is why he was billed to defeat The Source.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@noone301994: 'Dire' consequences is what it meant for everyone else, Thanos with I.G was afraid of L.T. But Killemall was helpeful because he linked bios to which the writer (Starlin) confirmed L.T was indeed more powerful --- http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/thanosig-vs-lucifer-morningstar-vs-living-tribunal-749008/

Also, a full power COIE Anti-Monitor > I.G.

The end of the universe seems pretty dire for both of them IMO. Otherwise they would have fought. The way I see it is that the Living Tribunal is above any of DC's omnipotent beings. Since the infinity gauntlet was able to make LT doubt his own abilities and was afraid that the very fabric of reality would be destroyed if he fought Warlock with the IG, that doesn't exactly make LT his equal, but it puts him near his power level which is in a high enough tier to be above Anti-Monitor.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 frozen  Moderator

@noone301994: It's not dire for L.T. It posed no threat to his power, it was Thanos who was afraid of L.T's power - which signifies he was indeed weaker regardless of I.G. The wrtier of the comic was confirming that L.T is far above because he essentially was ''above God'' --- the output of the destruction of I.G may have caused the destruction of the reality, Odin caused tears in reality.

And I wouldn't L.T above DC Omnipotents, The Presence is equal to TOAA.

CosmicOldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stomps

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: If it wouldn't have affected him then why didn't he just fight and beat Warlock and then fix everything?

The Presence is equal to TOAA? How so?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 frozen  Moderator

@noone301994: Thanos was the God of the Marvel Universe but L.T's power came from TOAA, Thanos with HOTU was more powerful than L.T but The End is non-canon, the reason he did not interfere directly is plot, Thanos came to his own terms that he did wrong (IIRC was shown in another book).

The Presence is the equivalent of Marvel's TOAA, essentially.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Are we talking about the same instance here? I was referring to Living Tribunal's fight with Adam Warlock with the infinity gauntlet.

What feats make him equal to TOAA?

SuperTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio: Agreed

Thanos

Like the title says; Pre-Crisis Darkseid, aka the REAL Darkseid, vs Thanos' most powerful portrayal (can't remember of the top of my head, help me out). Infinity allowed, Omega allowed.

No prep. I guess "morals off" & bloodlust is irrelevant to the above stated characters.

It doesn't really matter where the fight takes place since it can go anywhere.

Lol. Time for another thread where you will have to mewl through the sea of comments stating that Thanos stomps without any plausible cause or explanation. Because this is the vine and we love wanking to Thanos.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supertroll: ok let me explain.

In this thread , specifically, Thanos stomps because apparently he is allowed the Infinity Gauntlet and HOTU.

In General Thanos loses to PC Darkseid because PC Darkseid has better feats

In general Thanos beats any other version(post crisis, new 52) because Thanos has better feats

Here are some Thanos' best feats:

Destroyed a planet as a side effect of his fight vs Drax several powerups( for Thanos)ago in Iron Man 55 iirc . Drax was KOd as a result of the planet busting. Thanos was not. Post Crisis Darkseid never planet busted. New 52 Darkseid planet busted as result of directly hitting the planet. Thanos neber directly hit the planet. He hit Drax. The planet exploded as a side effect of him hitting Drax. Drax (back then) was the dude who used to rip out the hearts of Stars.

Thanos ignored reality warping which was turned his face to glass , making it diapper altogether etc, specifically stating that reality like all outside influences has a minimal effect on his body

Thanos had a singularity imploding on him and stayed conscious after

Thanos LOLnoped the Surfers best shots and beat him to death with 7 blows. Surfer being the same dude who one shot zaps planets and chills inside black holes

Thanos smashed Ben Grimn and Hulks faces against each other as a way of showing his respect towards class 100s. Weaker version of Thanos one shot eye beamed Thor and Ben. In Infinity recently he sent the Hulk flying with a single punch and then had his lackeys deal with him, he couldnt be bothered with the big green dude. Thanos ignored Thors lightning immediatelyafter and gave him a beating in which he lost most of his armour. This is the same arc where Thanos took a full on a scream from Black Bolt( dude KOs Hulk with a whisper , shakes tectonic plates on the other side of the planet with his voice through gritted teeth) . He also took several point blank screams later but BB was admittedly weakened after the first scream. Thanos with an open handed slap sends Hulk and Drax nearly tumbling over. Seriously. A slap.

Thanos took hits from Odin on a day Odin was putting out enough to one shot KO Surfer( again the dude who ignores Black Holes .....or really an amped Hulk jumping up and down on his head too...when he isnt jobbing out). Obviously this wasnt galaxy bustinh levels but .

Thanos telepathically ignored Moondragon, a Xavier( and hence MMH) level telpath.

Thanos can teleport and also teleport others by just pointing his fingers.

So basically Thanos is one tough dude and neither Post Crisis ( who turned into a joke later) nor N52( who doesn't have nearly enough feats) Darkseid can compete with him

PC Darkseid beats him though

SuperTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supertroll: ok let me explain.

In this thread , specifically, Thanos stomps because apparently he is allowed the Infinity Gauntlet and HOTU.

In General Thanos loses to PC Darkseid because PC Darkseid has better feats

In general Thanos beats any other version(post crisis, new 52) because Thanos has better feats

Here are some Thanos' best feats:

Destroyed a planet as a side effect of his fight vs Drax several powerups( for Thanos)ago in Iron Man 55 iirc . Drax was KOd as a result of the planet busting. Thanos was not. Post Crisis Darkseid never planet busted. New 52 Darkseid planet busted as result of directly hitting the planet. Thanos neber directly hit the planet. He hit Drax. The planet exploded as a side effect of him hitting Drax. Drax (back then) was the dude who used to rip out the hearts of Stars.

Thanos ignored reality warping which was turned his face to glass , making it diapper altogether etc, specifically stating that reality like all outside influences has a minimal effect on his body

Thanos had a singularity imploding on him and stayed conscious after

Thanos LOLnoped the Surfers best shots and beat him to death with 7 blows. Surfer being the same dude who one shot zaps planets and chills inside black holes

Thanos smashed Ben Grimn and Hulks faces against each other as a way of showing his respect towards class 100s. Weaker version of Thanos one shot eye beamed Thor and Ben. In Infinity recently he sent the Hulk flying with a single punch and then had his lackeys deal with him, he couldnt be bothered with the big green dude. Thanos ignored Thors lightning immediatelyafter and gave him a beating in which he lost most of his armour. This is the same arc where Thanos took a full on a scream from Black Bolt( dude KOs Hulk with a whisper , shakes tectonic plates on the other side of the planet with his voice through gritted teeth) . He also took several point blank screams later but BB was admittedly weakened after the first scream. Thanos with an open handed slap sends Hulk and Drax nearly tumbling over. Seriously. A slap.

Thanos took hits from Odin on a day Odin was putting out enough to one shot KO Surfer( again the dude who ignores Black Holes .....or really an amped Hulk jumping up and down on his head too...when he isnt jobbing out). Obviously this wasnt galaxy bustinh levels but .

Thanos telepathically ignored Moondragon, a Xavier( and hence MMH) level telpath.

Thanos can teleport and also teleport others by just pointing his fingers.

So basically Thanos is one tough dude and neither Post Crisis ( who turned into a joke later) nor N52( who doesn't have nearly enough feats) Darkseid can compete with him

PC Darkseid beats him though

Oh, don't worry, pal. I know all that and agree on Dark stomping.

I'm just saying that Thanos will get the rub as he usually does despite the opposition.

However, I wasn't aware that he had access to the IG. If so then this thread is even more useless.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#49  Edited By Van_Cere

@Frozen: darkseid is not omnipotent. a self statement means next to nothing. and the original source is not supposed above HJ spectre, it IS. it is even above Michael demiurgos.

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supertroll: My man, I knew PC Darkseid got this.

Eat it marvel boyz