Gorr

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

how powerful is the new 52 anti-monitor?

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid.

X18999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By X18999

Gorr

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scans for both please?

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: he's supposed to be the same character as pre 52 so through the reboot he is the same character . But he was weakened when he fought darkseid so he had to drain a universe and billions of people from crime syndicate earth

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By adamTRMM

@darklord_apoc:

They are very contextual, but you should know that Gorr dealt with Skyfather Thor, Worthy Thor and Young Thor standing tall in the end, killed and enslaved thousands or millions of gods, one of whom said to wrestle with the black holes for fun, and executed a baby Elder God. That's from the top of my head.

As for the thread, Gorr will smack another god telling him New or Old, it's all the same crap while making Uxas regret he ever stole that power from the Old Gods.

KevinConnor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KevinConnor

Isn't darkseid 52 a universe buster?

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: he's supposed to be the same character as pre 52 so through the reboot he is the same character . But he was weakened when he fought darkseid so he had to drain a universe and billions of people from crime syndicate earth

He is not the same character as his Pre-52 self, in Pre-52, he was created because of Guardians' mistake (mostly Krona's), in New-52 he was regular person, who discovered what he shouldn't have discovered, the Anti-Life Equation, and was changed by it, and it is know in his veins, from it he got Anti-Matter based powers, in Pre-52 AM had 0 connetion with ALE, he was the opposite of the Monitor, and AM was not weakened against DS, he was prepping long enough to battle him.

Also He didn't drain a Universe :

No Caption Provided

He simply absorbed residual energy of those whom he killed on Earth.

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazeraiii: well I watched a review of Justice #44 before I read it and the guy was explaining that he was supposed to be the same antimonitor through the reboot

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MaZeRaIII

@xxxcarzellxxx said:

@mazeraiii: well I watched a review of Justice #44 before I read it and the guy was explaining that he was supposed to be the same antimonitor through the reboot

They are the same character, with similar powers, but his story and characteristic has changed, in New-52 he got his powers because he discovered the ALE, which granted him Anti-Matter based powers.

In Pre-52 he was created because of Krona, and from since his birth he had his powers and was battling against Monitor in an equal battle.

Does it sound similar to you ? It doesn't sound similar to me.

And Reviews are not always right.

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxxcarzellxxx said:

They are the same character, with similar powers, but his story and characteristic has changed, in New-52 he got his powers because he discovered the ALE, which granted him Anti-Matter based powers.

In Pre-52 he was created because of Krona, and from since his birth he had his powers and was battling against Monitor in an equal battle.

What he means is that they are still the same person, however Anti-monitors characteristics have changed. This was explained in the prologue to the Darkseid War. This Anti-monitor is supposed to be the same one that cause the crisis before. It restarted the universe. He has done this many times. They didn't explain how it made him different, all we know is that while he is physically different, he remembers everything he did before the New 52.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't matter which version of Darkseid this is. Gorr was able to defeat three Thor's at once, a younger one unworthy of Mjolnir, the regular worthy Thor, and Old King Thor who was a skyfather equal to Odin. And Odin himself would beat any version or Darkseid.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm inclined to say Gorr.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr butchers another god.

lemonsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lemonsauce

Gorr roflstomps pansyseid

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klaus said:
@mazeraiii said:
@xxxcarzellxxx said:

What he means is that they are still the same person, however Anti-monitors characteristics have changed. This was explained in the prologue to the Darkseid War. This Anti-monitor is supposed to be the same one that cause the crisis before. It restarted the universe. He has done this many times. They didn't explain how it made him different, all we know is that while he is physically different, he remembers everything he did before the New 52.

He is not the same one that caused the CRISIS, the only thing they share is Memory of it, nothing else.
And his powers are different than Pre-52 AM's.
His powers are now based on Anti-Life Equation.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazeraiii: Yeah, thanks for repeating most of what I just explained to you BACK at me.

batmanrises28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid owns Gorr!!

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-59b4a71696d1f
deactivated-59b4a71696d1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are the feats of Old King Thor and the nameless "gods" that Gorr took out. Because from what feats I can recall, I don't see why Darkseid wouldn't win this

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Capital-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor said:

What are the feats of Old King Thor and the nameless "gods" that Gorr took out. Because from what feats I can recall, I don't see why Darkseid wouldn't win this

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Darkseid rather easily

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Voldemort easily

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MaZeRaIII

@klaus said:

@mazeraiii: Yeah, thanks for repeating most of what I just explained to you BACK at me.

You didn't say that :

A. His powers are different than that of his Pre-52 self.

and

B. That his powers are now based on ALE.

C. That N52 AM is not the same one that caused COIE.

roronuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr enslaved or killed every god in existence. This is something Darkseid has always dreamed about and not been able to accomplish. It's a good fight, but Gorr takes it.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr enslaved or killed every god in existence. This is something Darkseid has always dreamed about and not been able to accomplish. It's a good fight, but Gorr takes it.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Overmonitor

Gorr was thrown into thr heart of a star. He engulfed said star in darkness and laughed.

He killed billions of gods. He created a weapon to kill every God ever, one that exploded in every instant throughout all of time. He created an entire planet and civilization using his imagination and the molecular manipulation powers of the Necrowsword. Oh yes, he comes with the Necrosword. Capable of killing Elder Gods, Gods, Galactus. It used to carve the stone of creation from the void of the endless night. It makes its bearer invincible, immortal, ageless, and nigh-unstoppable.

Gorr lost due to plot. Thor somehow used 2 Mjolnir to absorb the Godbomb and the Necrosword chose him as its host and left Gorr. It's not clearly explained why or how, but it is an amazing story arc.

With the sword, Gorr tanked a blast from OKT that literally launched him lightyears away in seconds. He fought 3 Thors at once and won. Gorr could tank anything Darkseid throws at him, but the Necrosword is guaranteed to harm DS. It pierced Thor like a hot knife through butter. No reason it wouldn't do the same to Darkseid. Gorr could create an entire planet for them to fight on, and still have power left over to slice Darkseid to pieces. Not to mention how brutal Gorr acts. He is permanently bloodlusted.

Avatar image for deactivated-625127ebf2404
deactivated-625127ebf2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By oldwasher

I'll go with gorr, after all butchering gods is what he does best

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

@mazeraiii said:
@klaus said:
@mazeraiii said:
@xxxcarzellxxx said:

He is not the same one that caused the CRISIS, the only thing they share is Memory of it, nothing else.

And his powers are different than Pre-52 AM's.

His powers are now based on Anti-Life Equation.

He is the same it was even stated in the comic just de-powered compared to his finest state in the Crisis on Infinite earths.

He doesn't have any counterparts.

Justice League #40 The Anti-Monitor consumes an entire universe, beyond Metrons knowledge. Metron also remarks how the Anti-Monitor has the power to consume entire universes.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Anti-Monitor defeats Metron with but a gesture.

No Caption Provided

Justice League #40 canonizes all the crisis's that have occurred throughout DC's history "He is the COIE AM"

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Anti-Monitor is tearing reality thus causing the events of convergence to occur, also referencing braniac and how he's collecting realities for convergence.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a Gorr fan attraction thread, no one has ever even given a legitimate reason other than what amounts to "Gorr is a god killer so he wins....." Not only did Darkseid go around killing Gods in his origin, Darkseid goes around the multiverse stomping piles of Supermen and stitching them together. I'm pretty sure he doesn't just find these Supermen alone in a back alley somewhere ... in most universes where there is a Superman, there is a League, he's already stomped New 52 JL and had to get BFRd. Not saying he wins, but sht, give a damn reason why he loses.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: A fee people have given reasons and Gore would god stomp Superman

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@ancient_0f_days: A fee people have given reasons and Gore would god stomp Superman

Quote one person who gave a well thought out and sensible reason as to why Gorr would beat Darkseid..... I don't care if Gorr would stomp Superman, Darkseid did it at least 20 times already

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sy8000  Online

I haven't read GoT yet but is it more or is Gorr painfully inconsistent? His claim to fame is fighting and seemingly being more powerful than Old King Thor, but Avengers Thor also went toe-to-toe with him alone. It doesn't seem like the writer had power levels in mind when dealing with him.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roronuffy said:

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid 10/10.

lemonsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers