Darkseid and Silver Surfer Vs. Thanos and Martian Manhunter

• 164 results
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@dondave: Well in that case, I agree. I'm not sure what places Orion or Highfather above Thanos at all, let alone by such a vast margin that Darkseid would (as he implied in his post) be able to stomp Thanos on the account of having beaten them before.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#53 frozen  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@frozen: In his dreams, maybe. And thats a big maybe.

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Omniscience

Thanos is being overrated here. Silver Surfer, if he's bloodlusted, would be a pain in the ass for Thanos, especially if he starts spamming blackholes and planet busting energy bursts. Not sure how long MM would last in all that foray, so Thanos may quickly find himself fighting solo. Either way, Darkseid and SS are very capable of pulling off a win here.

Team 1 with extremely high difficulty, 6/10.

Omniscience.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omniscience: Thanos killed Surfer in 8 hits. Then brought him back because it didnt serve his purpose anymore.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Omniscience

@jagernutt: I'm aware of that. The feat merely suggests that Thanos' base strength is greater than the Surfer's; however, the SS was neither bloodlusted nor using the full array of his powers. Unfortunately, I've noticed that writers induce a heavy amount of CIS on the SS as to emphasise that a character, like Thanos, has a considerable degree of power. In a real, no holds barred battle, do you really believe SS would even get tagged by Thanos?

Omniscience.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omniscience: Do you have any idea how much punishment the Silver Surfer can take? This is a guy who doesnt even notice the heart of a supernova.

And ive no doubt that Thanos would beat Surfer in every single encounter.

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Omniscience

@jagernutt: I'm versed in the SS feats. Thereto, I'm not so naive to suggest that SS will be able to defeat Thanos without some kind of plot device. However, he most certainly will be able to give Thanos a formidable challenge, given the bloodlust and employment of the full scope of his powers to the best of his ability. Coupled in combat with Darkseid, Team 1 are more than capable of taking the win, as was my original prognosis of this match up.

Omniscience.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omniscience: Thanos is powerful enough to stand face to face with Odin. Thanos is a death god and cannot be killed (now even not by Drax) and is near power incarnate.

I just dont see the other two measuring up.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When have any on team one ever been shown on Thanos level to even make this a difficult battle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ShootingNova

@frozen said:

Darkseid could beat Thanos.

Why?

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: Stood? He was on his ass after one blast. The only real feat was that Thanos wasn't annihilated by Odin's attack. As for the other points you mention they're all debatable. And there's no evidence to suggest that an Omega Beam wouldn't still be effective.

Omniscience.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omniscience: Odin didnt defeat Thanos. And Thanos has a laundry list of highend feats.

Thanos is a death god.

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate

Despite the OP Thanos has prep time and kills surfer with the IG while Darkseid BFRs J'onn

For breaking the rules, Thanos gets arrested by the NYPD with tazers this time and Darkseid falls down an infinite flight of stairs

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Yes. Im a Star Wars fan. I want the new game to come out for PS4

Heard Battlefront 3 coming out soon! Going to be epic

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By leonkarlen123

@dondave said:

@jagernutt: Neither Highfather or Orion are more powerful than Thanos

No Caption Provided

lies! Standing up to the Source is more than enough to stomp Thanos

And Highfather is the Chief of the New Gods which is an impressive state.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid beats Thanos manhunter beats surfer Darkseid beats manhunter

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123 What exactly is that scan supposed to show? That's Mr Miracle with the Anti-Life equation failing to beat Infinity Man. It's not a feat for either Orion or Highfather

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

Thanos and Martian Manhunter.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Team 2.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Dextersinister
@dondave said:

@jayc1324 How does Darkseid beat Thanos?

Fists maybe, omega sanction that creates his own personnel hell universe, pre-crisis and post crisis are part of the same character.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@leonkarlen123 What exactly is that scan supposed to show? That's Mr Miracle with the Anti-Life equation failing to beat Infinity Man. It's not a feat for either Orion or Highfather

Oh, sorry i uploaded wrong scan my computer is really full of Malware :(

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By leonkarlen123

@dondave said:

@jayc1324 How does Darkseid beat Thanos?

Fists maybe, omega sanction that creates his own personnel hell universe, pre-crisis and post crisis are part of the same character.

No Caption Provided

The ashes you see there is Thanos, Superman cries because a Cop was just there and sprayed him with tear gas.

No Caption Provided

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 frozen  Moderator
dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@dondave said:

@frozen Based on what?

Based on feats, people like to use Superman as a staple for Darkseid, I've covered why I believe Darkseid losing to Superman is bad writing in my debate with Killemall here. He's beaten Agogg and smacked around the more powerful versions of Eclipso, or his showings against Cyborg Superman.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@frozen Based on what?

He can send him through time with the Omega Sanction

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By dondave
MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen Darkseid doesn't regularly stomp Superman. Darkseid doesn't really have feats comparable to Thanos' two shotting Thor using just his eye beams, beating Surfer to death, refusing to fall under Odin's assault, fighting pretty evenly with WM Power Gem Thor, beating up Drax on different occasions and stomping Lord Mar-Vell.

Agogg had no Energy projection durability feats. It's not like Darkseid beat him in H2H. Cyborg Superman isn't Thanos. I see no reason why the Omega Beams would get past his force fields.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@dondave: I told you my thoughts on Superman vs Darkseid --- but yes he has knocked him out and one-shotted him, he's had Superman on the floor suffering under his beams, or when Darkseid one-shotted Captain Atom, or the fact that it's stated his contribution to destroying the Anti-Monitor was essential, or that he manhandled Eclipso, the same version which smacked around JSA powerhouses, or that he disintegrated Kalibak with a touch. Odin nearly killed Thanos, Thanos was visibly shaky whereas Odin was fine. Agogg's feats speak for themselves --- he manhandled Orion and Lightray. Darkseid's reactions, are also in the Nanosecond range.

In regards to the Anti-Monitor (the weakened COIE version), his contribution was essential --- tore up the Anti-Monitor.

No Caption Provided

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@frozen: In his dreams, maybe. And thats a big maybe.

Nope. You say Thanos killed Surfer. Cool. I say Darkseid tore up the Anti-Monitor.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid beats Thanos, and Silver Surfer is more than capable of handling Martian Manhunter.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 frozen  Moderator

Darkseid beats Thanos,

Interesting, I agree with you; just curious on why do you think Darkseid wins?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen Superman has also tanked the Omega Beams without a problem, he's also been able to fight him on even ground. I don't recall Darkseid ever knocking Superman. Scans?

Captain Atom isn't on Thanos' level no need to bring him up.

Darkseid hurt an extremely weakened Anti-Monitor and it's not like Thanos hasn't hurt powerful figures.

Eclipso din't manhandle any JSA powerhouses. Hawkgirl stabbed her in the eye and Black Adam broke her neck. She then teleported away.

Kalibak isn't a durable as Thanos.

Yes, Odin hurt him but he couldn't put Thanos down.

Aggogg's feats speak for themselves in his strength, nothing else. He had no feats of tanking any energy projection. Not to mention Darkseid's Omega Beams have been tanked before and certainly won't be getting past Thanos' force fields.

Darksied reactions aren't in the Nanosecond range. Despite what he said, he didn't actually do anything, we have no idea whether he would have been able to succeed in his mission or not.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@dondave: Again, I've already laid down my points on what I believe regarding the Superman vs Darkseid topic. Darkseid knocked him out during Our Worlds At War, Superman was briefly knocked out before he regained consciousness quickly after and blitzed away. They fought again and Superman did better but the fight was interrupted.

One-shotting Captain Atom is a feat

The Anti-Monitor had just fought the Pre-Crisis Kal L and Kal L couldn't put him down, Darkseid's Omega Effect is what tore up the Anti-Monitor and only then was Kal L able to kill him. That's the COIE version, not the nerfed SCW version. Pre-Crisis Kal L would stomp Thanos in a physical fight, even he struggled with Anti-Monitor in that state and that was the final form of the Anti-Monitor.

He knocked Adam, Power Girl and Hawkgirl away with a blast. Two notable powerhouses, one of which (Adam of course) is extremely notable.

He disintegrated him. With. A. Touch.

What? He decimated both Orion and Lightray. He was clearly beyond them. I do not see how he needs 'feats of durability' considering his showing should already speak for itself.

Yes they are. Desaad, acting as Darkseid was fast enough to blitz his hand to Superman's throat.

No Caption Provided

AllaithAlsaleh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WoW this Seems EPIC!!!!!! but Martian Manhunter and Thanos would win with little to no trouble at all MM and Thanos.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen

Again, I've already laid down my points on what I believe regarding the Superman vs Darkseid topic. Darkseid knocked him out during Our Worlds At War, Superman was briefly knocked out before he regained consciousness quickly after and blitzed away. They fought again and Superman did better but the fight was interrupted.

Darkseid has too many instances of failing to put down Superman. Of all the powerhouses he's faced Thanos has hasn't lost a single physical confrontation one on one. Darkseid's inconsistencies against Superman put him lower than Thanos in my opinion. Thanos has had no problem dropping characters in Superman league such as Thor, Surfer, Drax and Lord Mar-Vell. The fact that Superman can even match Darkseid puts him lower than Thanos.

One-shotting Captain Atom is a feat

I didn't say it wasn't a feat. Captain Atom however isn't as durable as Thanos so there's no point in bringing it up. It's like me using Thanos one shotting the Thing. It's a good feat but it doesn't matter when going up against someone much more powerful than Ben.

The Anti-Monitor had just fought the Pre-Crisis Kal L and Kal L couldn't put him down, Darkseid's Omega Effect is what tore up the Anti-Monitor and only then was Kal L able to kill him. That's the COIE version, not the nerfed SCW version. Pre-Crisis Kal L would stomp Thanos in a physical fight, even he struggled with Anti-Monitor in that state and that was the final form of the Anti-Monitor.

They were able to put him down, he just kept on coming back. Even after Darkseid's attack Anti-Monitor still came back.

He knocked Adam, Power Girl and Hawkgirl away with a blast. Two notable powerhouses, one of which (Adam of course) is extremely notable.

Knocking them away isn't exactly manhandling them, especially considering they stabbed her in the eye and broke her neck.

He disintegrated him. With. A. Touch.

Doesn't matter, Kalibak isn't as durable as Thanos. Not to mention Thanos can't even die.

What? He decimated both Orion and Lightray. He was clearly beyond them. I do not see how he needs 'feats of durability' considering his showing should already speak for itself.

He dominated them by beating them up in H2H. He had nothing to show that he had any impressive resistance to energy attacks.

Yes they are. Desaad, acting as Darkseid was fast enough to blitz his hand to Superman's throat.

Doesn't exactly put them in the Nano-Second range.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodlusted MMH is Fernus

Surfer > Manhunter

Fernus> Silver Surfer

Thanos > Darkseid

Team 2 for the win