#1 Edited by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Pre-'End of Magic'
  • Illyria has her powers, but is in her 'Fred' form.
  • Willow became Dark because she knew it was the only way to defeat Illyria (So it's not like she's looking for solace/revenge).
  • Located in a park
#2 Posted by The Stegman (25035 posts) - - Show Bio

Willow, a vaster array of powers.

#3 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: Yes, but Illyria is incredibly invulnerable.

#4 Posted by Phylos (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, I'm barely on season 3 of Buffy, Willows practice of magic is barely reaching the surface. Although, I have seen some clips of Dark Willow:

1. Teleporting
  2. Using Telekinesis
  3. Incinerating/Destroying a body with a thought

just to list a few. I have never seen anything of Illyria though, feats?

#5 Posted by The Stegman (25035 posts) - - Show Bio
@queenfrost_: not completely invulnerable though, she has been shown to be able to be bested in combat by Hamilton (though true she was depowered quite a bit) Willow has been shown to be able to augment her own strength enough to engage Buffy in battle, rip the flesh from people's bodies with a casual wave, completely stop time, transmute humans, cast powerful energy blasts etc etc
#6 Edited by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phylos: Alter time, super strength (and I mean SUPER), take any form she chooses, telepathic/empathic, older than human life, invulnerable, create portals to other dimensions, formidable h2h combat

#7 Edited by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: Well Illyria is not a human, she's a powerful Demon that existed since the dawn of the time, so ripping flesh and transmuting wouldn't work. Illyria could also alter time to take down Dark Willow before she's even done any actual rituals.

#8 Posted by Excella (343 posts) - - Show Bio

Illyria, Willow hasn't been shown to do anything that can counter her time manipulation, that I can remember.... Plus extensive use of magic weakens her unless she refills up granted that Illyria would let her do so.

#9 Edited by GreenFuse (295 posts) - - Show Bio

Would be an epic fight but Illyria is too powerful I think. Powerful opponents have resisted Willow's magic before and Illyria has high defenses, is ridiculously strong (Glory is perhaps the only person I can think of as strong if not stronger), and her time manipulation is too good. Really that alone would end this.

Also, Dark Willow's magic is finite. She's going to burn a lot of power to take on Illyria. The longer the fight goes on, the more if favors Illyria. Willow could perhaps resist Illyria's time manipulation but I imagine that would be an incredible strain on her.

The Old One takes this.

#10 Posted by HolySerpent (12634 posts) - - Show Bio

Illriya wins

#11 Edited by Job (422 posts) - - Show Bio
@GreenFuse said:

Would be an epic fight but Illyria is too powerful I think. Powerful opponents have resisted Willow's magic before and Illyria has high defenses, is ridiculously strong (Glory is perhaps the only person I can think of as strong if not stronger), and her time manipulation is too good. Really that alone would end this.

Also, Dark Willow's magic is finite. She's going to burn a lot of power to take on Illyria. The longer the fight goes on, the more if favors Illyria. Willow could perhaps resist Illyria's time manipulation but I imagine that would be an incredible strain on her.

The Old One takes this.

no one has resisted willows magic 
illyria doesnt have high defense against magic 
Willow hurt glory, and has become thousands of times more pwoerful sense then 
Willows magic is infinite. It is inside her as stated in the opening episode of season 7. And she has yet to burn out since. 
Willow has opened up portals to other universes by ripping open reality just recently as last issue of angel and faith. She has also manipulated time and space on the show multiple times.

http://www.comicvine.com/buffyverse/12-55687/buffyverse-respect-thread/92-646462/
#12 Posted by goodguy24 (704 posts) - - Show Bio

Illyria Angel Stomps Dark Willow very easily.

#13 Posted by Job (422 posts) - - Show Bio
@goodguy24:  

sure he does 
#14 Posted by goodguy24 (704 posts) - - Show Bio

@Job said:

@goodguy24:

sure he does

I'm never, ever replying to you again after this Job.

When someone pms you with facts and information, You cry to the mods, You don't get to get my attention anymore.

Illyria Angel Stomps because Buffy was the sh***est TV Show they ever had.

#15 Posted by Job (422 posts) - - Show Bio
@goodguy24: lol k
#16 Posted by fanofsuperheroes (215 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmm seems goodguy24 has a stick up his butt. Buffy was and remains to be one of the all time great shows whether you liked it or not. Buffy is an icon and paved the way for many other shows with a strong female lead.

Having said that, you are correct, Illyria stomps Willow. Her time manipulation alone would probably seal the win, not to mention the extreme strength and invulnerability. I love Willow, but she doesn't have that kind of power in the show. In the comics she does get more powerful though.