Phoenix!

solesamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By solesamurai

I'm a huge Dormammu Fan, I'd even go on to say I'm slightly in love with him as a character. But I don't think he can against Phoenix.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Magethor

Dormammu can win. His personal power may be slightly under the Phoenix Force Whole, but his conjuring power can certainly contain or banish the Phoenix Force away for some time. They fought twice already. Once Dormmamu won, the second time Phoenix did. They both can't destroy eachother by the way... They can only push eachother or banish one of eachother for short periods.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bigcimmerian

Dormammu wins barely.

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ChaosMarvel

Dormammu wins by a tini tiny margin.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By a88378438

Dormammu easily

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bo88gdan

DArk Phoenix wins

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ghostrider2

I go with Dormammu on this.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Killemall

@a88378438 said:

Dormammu easily
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Killemall

@solesamurai said:

I'm a huge Dormammu Fan, I'd even go on to say I'm slightly in love with him as a character. But I don't think he can against Phoenix.

And why not, that dude and fought and stalemated Eternity twice, i dont think anyone would put Dark Phoenix above Eternity, would you?

solesamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By solesamurai

@Killemall said:

@solesamurai said:

And why not, that dude and fought and stalemated Eternity twice, i dont think anyone would put Dark Phoenix above Eternity, would you?

No Offense But I constantly see you arguing about how he didn't actually Beat eternity on other threads. Why the sudden Change in heart in this thread?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pokergeist

@solesamurai said:

@Killemall said:

@solesamurai said:

No Offense But I constantly see you arguing about how he didn't actually Beat eternity on other threads. Why the sudden Change in heart in this thread?

I belive he said Stalemated. Not beaten. Which Dormammu had done. Giving slightest edge to Dormammu.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Killemall

@solesamurai said:

Its not a change of heart, and likeCadenceV2said i mentioned stalemate, which he has done, beaten Eternity which he certainly hasnt. That being said, his feats are by every means better than Dark Phoenix, or even Phoenix Force altogether.

solesamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By solesamurai

@Killemall said:

@solesamurai said:

Its not a change of heart, and likeCadenceV2said i mentioned stalemate, which he has done, beaten Eternity which he certainly hasnt. That being said, his feats are by every means better than Dark Phoenix, or even Phoenix Force altogether.

To be Honest I didn't even notice Dark. If it's Just Dark Phoenix Dormammu wins of course.And Your interpretation of what Happened is moot here.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Killemall

@solesamurai said:

To be Honest I didn't even notice Dark. If it's Just Dark Phoenix Dormammu wins of course

Happens, we tend to miss most stuffs.

And Your interpretation of what Happened is moot here.

Oh the interpretation was me defending my stance to why i keep saying Dormammu has never beaten Eternity and which i still mention. I sense a little anger here, maybe i misreading but i cant see to understand why you might be upset. I have never changed by instance of Dormammu vs Eternity, and i am going on record saying I belive Dormammu is more than capable of being entire Phoenix force (this coming after a long lengthy discussion of Phoenix Force vs Anti Monitor SC Wars with hypergod about 4 months ago, before that i was of the opinion that entire Phoenix force is undefeatable) .

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By nickthedevil

@CadenceV2: He did Beat Eternity. Twice.

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By justleader

Dormammu

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Magethor

@solesamurai said:

@Killemall said:

@solesamurai said:

To be Honest I didn't even notice Dark. If it's Just Dark Phoenix Dormammu wins of course.And Your interpretation of what Happened is moot here.

1. Dark Phoenix has the ability of destroying a single universe by destroying one planet after another and one star after another. She can do this at the ends of the multiverse if she has to and takes alot of time to do.
  2. Dormammu has the ability of destroying a universe at a blink of an eye.

Now before quoting me, just remember I'm comparing Dark Phoenix and not the Phoenix Whole. The OP said Dark Phoenix.

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fondofpacman

Dormammu actually fought Phoenix in a 90's Guardians of the Galaxy issue, but it wasn't Jean Grey Phoenix, it was Giraud, who's not on par with Jean I believe...anyway he couldn't really hurt Dormammu. I can try to dig up scans if anyone's interested.

I thing Dorm would win against Dark Phoenix Jean as well, but I don't think she'd be a push over.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Killemall

@nickthedevil said:

@CadenceV2: He did Beat Eternity. Twice.

He didnt. The first time around, they both got KOed thats a stalemate. The second time around he had the power of Umar.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a88378438 said:

Dormammu easily
a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By a88378438

Dormammu easily again,why bump this thread?

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a88378438 said:

It's only been 2 days. 0_o;

torzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By torzone

DP

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By Roddy010

@Magethor said:

@solesamurai said:

@Killemall said:

@solesamurai said:

1. Dark Phoenix has the ability of destroying a single universe by destroying one planet after another and one star after another. She can do this at the ends of the multiverse if she has to and takes alot of time to do.
  2. Dormammu has the ability of destroying a universe at a blink of an eye.

Now before quoting me, just remember I'm comparing Dark Phoenix and not the Phoenix Whole. The OP said Dark Phoenix.

See what AvX did?! Phoenix has more than enough power to destroy a whole universe. In an alternate universe where DP had lived she destroyed that entire universe in a fit of rage after killing all the X-men. Jean in her regular incarnation was able to conceal the M'Kraan crystal which has the power to engulf the entire universe affecting other realities and timelines as well. When Rachel fought Necrom with only a sliver of the Phoenix they shook the entire solar system. So No it doesn't take time for Phoenix to destroy a, solar system , a galaxy or even a universe. So don't be confused about the depiction in AvX. Phoenix was only looking for Hope, which is why it took it's time with each planet. The Force wasn't trying to destroy everything.

TheYetiMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheYetiMan

After an intense fight phoenix wins

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By PowerHerc

Dark Phoenix wins over Dormammu.

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By fondofpacman

@Roddy010: I actually reread the ending to that comic recently (the What If Pheonix Had Not Died), and the first time I read it, I too assumed that she destroyed the entire universe, but after reading it again, I'm not sure if it means the blast actually destroys the entire universe or just keeps expanding for a while after it destroyed the planet and stuff.

It feels ambiguous to me. Ah, found the scan...it's definitely up to some interpretation IMO--on panel it only shows her destroying a few other planets, but it does say "expanding ever outwar, across the universe"...hmm, maybe it was the whole universe, I dunno.

blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By blazinasian112

@Magethor: @fondofpacman: Could you guys provide me the issue numbers where Dormammu and Phoneix have fought before. Would like to check them out. Thanks in advance.

Gritterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Gritterr

@a88378438 said:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blazinasian112 said:

@Magethor: @fondofpacman: Could you guys provide me the issue numbers where Dormammu and Phoneix have fought before. Would like to check them out. Thanks in advance.

I want to add something. They fought twice.

Once Dormmamu was winning, the second time Dormammu lost.

But keep in mind that both the times that they've fought, it wasn't really Dormammu, but an astral projection of himself. Like the astral projection that provoked Jennifer Kale invoke him to use has his host.

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By fondofpacman

@blazinasian112: I only know the GotG issues, and again, Dorm doesn't fight Jean Grey Phoenix. Anyway, it's "Guardians of the Galaxy (the 1990's series) #36-37"

It was a sort of weird story arc to be honest, especially regarding the way they beat Dorm, but the Phoenix guy does get in there and goes after Dormammu...so does Ghostrider if I'm not mistaken.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fondofpacman said:

@blazinasian112: I only know the GotG issues, and again, Dorm doesn't fight Jean Grey Phoenix. Anyway, it's "Guardians of the Galaxy (the 1990's series) #36-37"

It was a sort of weird story arc to be honest, especially regarding the way they beat Dorm, but the Phoenix guy does get in there and goes after Dormammu...so does Ghostrider if I'm not mistaken.

He did 'fight' Jean, but as mentioned previously, Jean repluse away his Astral Form since Dormammu can not physically enter the Multiverse anyway. However, if Jean was say, outside of the multiverse, Dormammu would rip her out of the Phoenix Force and push the Phoenix Force back into the multiverse while he has blinks Jean out of existence.

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By fondofpacman

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: yea, sounds like something he's do. And i was just referring to the GotG issues earlier, although I never read the issue you mentioned.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fondofpacman said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: yea, sounds like something he's do. And i was just referring to the GotG issues earlier, although I never read the issue you mentioned.

I think the issue you posted was when Dr. Strange was running around the multiverse trying to confuse Dormammu when Dormammu was chasing him. (jumping from universe to universe and timeline to timeline). Dormammu bumps into a universe where Strange last jumped into only to find a different Sorcerer Supreme, Rider and Phoenix. He pretty much had the upper hand and almost sucked Phoenix and the team inside some reality (ChaosDimension?). Giraud was actually more powerful than Jean anyway (Green), but it's debatable to compare him with Dark Phoenix.

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By fondofpacman

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: To be honest, I don't remember how Dorm got to the future GotG universe, probably because I'm missing the couple of issues leading up to that Dormammu battle. That actually sounds like a cool way for him to end up there though, by chasing Strange through different times and dimensions, maybe I should look for GotG #35...or do the events leading up to that battle happen in a Dr. Strange comic?

Yeah, regardless of what sort of form Dormammu was in at the time of that battle, astral projection or not, he was obviously way above anyone there, and I think future Dr. Strange (the new ancient one) played a hand in getting rid of Dormammu. I remember Phoenix attacking Dormammu with some fire attack and the blast getting snuffed out by Dorm's hand like it was nothing. But for all that, Dormammu still lost in a pretty ridiculous way.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Roddy010

@fondofpacman: The Watcher clearly states that it was the "Phoenix Power" that grew and spread across the universe. There's no argument there.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jeanroygrant

@justleadersaid:

Dormammu

Avatar image for speedforcespider
SpeedForceSpider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SpeedForceSpider

@Gritterr said:

@a88378438 said:

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By fondofpacman

@Roddy010: Wasn't arguing that it was the phoenix's power.

njones5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By njones5

jean has beaten galactus,jean has the power to control peoples bodies and take their powers away,she has beaten mephisto,but a regular dr.strange can beat dormammu you all are not making any sense the phoenix 5 have beaten the avengers before jean wins this easily

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Sethlol

Dormammu.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By X_insignia1  Online

lol when has jean ever beaten Galactus in mainstream continuity?

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By X_insignia1  Online

also Dormammu wins

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

Dormammu

njones5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By njones5

@X_insignia1: jean has beaten galactus before maybe you should search phoenix defeats galactus

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Hyperlight

dormammu shouldnt have the power to fight an abstract.... he is an alien with a high reserve of raw dark magical power.

bornstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By bornstar

@Magethor said:

Dormammu can win. His personal power may be slightly under the Phoenix Force Whole, but his conjuring power can certainly contain or banish the Phoenix Force away for some time. They fought twice already. Once Dormmamu won, the second time Phoenix did. They both can't destroy eachother by the way... They can only push eachother or banish one of eachother for short periods.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By X_insignia1  Online

@njones5 said:

@X_insignia1: jean has beaten galactus before maybe you should search phoenix defeats galactus

Jean has never beaten Galactus in mainstream continuity, the only other instance i recall them battling is in a what if universe, where Galactus stated they were evenly matched , in which jean was wielding the phoenix force