#1 Posted by blazinasian112 (908 posts) - - Show Bio

As a tie in to the past Dark Phoenix Saga battle on the moon, and the current AvX battle for Hope....what if the Imperial Guard (The War of Kings Roster) fought

Cyclop's Xtinction Team on the moon? Who would win?

Imperial Guard: Gladiator, Neutron, Plutonia, Manta, Smasher, Squorm, Starbolt, Mentor, Titan, Oracle, Warstar, Hussar

Versus X-Tinction Team: Cyclops, Magneto, Emma Frost, Danger, Namor, Storm, Magik, Colossonaut, Hope

One hour prep for each team

Morals off, fight until ko or to the death

Moon

#2 Posted by camd (85 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a good one. Gladiator is the powerhouse for the Imperial Guard and defeated Colossus during the original, but I see him and Colossonaut fighting to a stalemate here. Oracle and Emma should cancel each other out. I think the Xtinction team takes this thanks to Mags, Magik, and Hope.

#3 Posted by YoungJustice (6919 posts) - - Show Bio

Imperial Guard

#4 Posted by blazinasian112 (908 posts) - - Show Bio

bump...

#5 Edited by chiq (2026 posts) - - Show Bio

Extinction team brings them to Limbo plus Hope. E team wins. The E team would squash that x-men team that faced them sans dark phoenix on the moon.

#6 Posted by blazinasian112 (908 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq: Agreed that the E team is more formidable compared to the original xmen team. Mags, Magik and Hope definitely makes them a team to be reckoned with....Gladiator is the wild card in this one.

#7 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10834 posts) - - Show Bio

Good fight.

@blazinasian112: Who is Squorm and what can he/she do?

#8 Posted by blazinasian112 (908 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30: Thanks...Not too familiar with the character compared to the other Imperial Guard but based on some websites:

Squorm appears to be a fluidic lifeform that travels within a floating exo-suit. Squorm also refers to itself in the third person.

Powers/Abilities: Squorm was a liquefied sentient life-form from the Shi'ar Imperium, and was steel blue in color. It was housed in red bulbous armor about 4.5' tall, which permitted it to fly and float, and featured a dome-like visor plus two thick short arms and legs. The armor also had two long 4' gold coils that tapered off behind it and hung loosely, but were connected to openings either side of the visor that may have been a weapon or helped with breathing. A loss of internal liquid caused it to lose consciousness.

What are your thoughts on the battle?

#9 Posted by chiq (2026 posts) - - Show Bio

@blazinasian112: yeah by a lot. Colossus is jugged out while the other team had a teen colossus. Danger would wreck that old team was well. A teen Colossus wrecked Warstar and performed decently against Gladiator. Storm gave Hussar and the othe guy problems while Angel tangled with Smasher before he got hit by oracle from behind i think.

Would you happen to remember the line up of the old x-team on the moon? a teen Colossus, Beast, Wolverine, Angel, Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler..I would even go on to say that a couple of Extinction team members could solo that entire team w/o jean there.

#10 Posted by Charmix (11838 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men, the usual: Emma Frost can solo most but not Gladiator I believe, but others are there to help. Ooh yeah there's Colossnaut and Magik

#11 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10834 posts) - - Show Bio

@blazinasian112 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30: Thanks...Not too familiar with the character compared to the other Imperial Guard but based on some websites:

Squorm appears to be a fluidic lifeform that travels within a floating exo-suit. Squorm also refers to itself in the third person.

Powers/Abilities: Squorm was a liquefied sentient life-form from the
Shi'ar Imperium, and was steel blue in color. It was housed in red
bulbous armor about 4.5' tall, which permitted it to fly and float, and
featured a dome-like visor plus two thick short arms and legs. The
armor also had two long 4' gold coils that tapered off behind it and
hung loosely, but were connected to openings either side of the visor
that may have been a weapon or helped with breathing. A loss of
internal liquid caused it to lose consciousness.

What are your thoughts on the battle?

I'm thinking the Extinction team will take a majoirty. For the X-Men:

- Emma's telepathy is more powerful than Oracle's and I see her winning that fight. Hope copying her TP and diamond form, I think she can take on Plutonia. Or she can get BFR'd by Magik. I can even see a strategy where Magik removes Gladiator while the X-Men focus on polishing off the IG.

- Danger would end Warstar. Way too versatile for him.

- In classic uncanny Titan, Mentor and Magique (even though she isn't in this) were one-shotted by an aoe lightning blast from Storm. Morals Off - She and Magneto have massive aoe attacks that could end most of the guard rather quickly. Starbolt and Manta are dangerous but Storm or Magneto would beat them. And even if Scott doesn't opt to take off his visor and blast most of the guard into oblivion, Cyclops is more than up to taking out most of the IM from a range with his blasts.

- Cyclops vs Smasher - I see Smasher getting ended the same way Gladiator killed him.

- Colossonaut vs Gladiator is the main event for me. I'd love to see this fight in comics. I am thinking Peter would come on top after a good fight.

- Neutron vs Namor - I see Namor coming out on top. Rogue with Ms.Marvel's powers handle his blows with no problem and then practically punched him into orbit so I see Namor ending him.

I am not sure what Squorm can do but so far he doesn't sound very impressive. I think he would end up getting taken out as well (unless he has some type of advantage or power I am unaware of).

This battle can go mulitple ways of course, and Mentor is super intelligent and is suppose to have an apititude for tactics and strategy (but I don't know how good he is) but I think the X-Men's superior fire power will prove to be their edge.

#12 Posted by blazinasian112 (908 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30:

great explanations guys...thanks. That was an excellent battle analysis Thunderbolt30. Gladiator definitely can sway the battle depending on how confident he is, but if he sees his team getting picked apart, then I feel he may lose ground. Also, no one knows the true extent of Colossonaut's strength yet. He was winning the red hulk battle in Utopia until he was afraid of damaging the pillar.

#13 Posted by blazinasian112 (908 posts) - - Show Bio

bump...

#14 Posted by Dextersinister (6511 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't Gladiator get floored by telepaths?

#15 Posted by blazinasian112 (908 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister: according to marvel comics database:

Psi Resistance: Gladiator is capable of causing a counter-force against telepathic assaults and probes. However, telepaths of sufficient power are capable of penetrating his psionic defenses to an extent.

So I would expect him to be susceptible to White Queen

#16 Posted by blazinasian112 (908 posts) - - Show Bio

bump