#1 Posted by Kesho_Ronin (209 posts) - - Show Bio

WHICH ONE IS BETTER? AM GOING WITH MY MAN HANS ON THIS ONE

#2 Posted by Charlie_Jade (523 posts) - - Show Bio

Hans Zimmer is a real musician, Nolan actually cares about art and not just blockbusters

Avengers has good music from Silvestri but was mostly just Rock, RnB and Pop music....I suppose you could also argue being more simple and contemporary can be better too

#3 Posted by Alyssabird (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Knight easily.

#4 Edited by lilben42 (2526 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight OST was a masterpiece.

#5 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers stomps.

#6 Posted by Ddecourt (796 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really find the Avengers score all that memorable. While Hans Zimmer really did a terrific job with TDK and also for those that don't remember, he also did Inception too and imo that was one of the best ost ever.

#7 Posted by KingOfAsh (3571 posts) - - Show Bio

Two words

Fishy Pasta.

(aka. The Dark Knight Rises)

#8 Posted by entropy_aegis (15061 posts) - - Show Bio

@KingOfAsh said:

Two words

Fishy Pasta.

Deshay basara actually.

#9 Posted by NeonGameWave (7712 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight OST by far.

#10 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Knight without a doubt, since that movie actually offered music that you will remember.
The Avengers not so much in my honest opinion.

But and now don't hate me, even though we're on Comicvine and Comicvine is pretty biased towards DC comics as everyone knows, I still hate to say that the Dark Knight AND Dark Knight Rises were both terrible, terrible movies with a lot of cheesyness, out of character behaviour and retarded plotholes, so that in the long run, not even both of them together can compare with the Avengers movie, which wasn't perfect at all, but at least it didn't go full retard like Dark Knight did.

#11 Posted by Pyrogram (36304 posts) - - Show Bio

dark knight

#12 Posted by Kesho_Ronin (209 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@KingOfAsh said:

Two words

Fishy Pasta.

Deshay basara actually.

actually it's dish dish washer washer

#13 Posted by Vrakmul (23407 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Deshi Basara you lunatics.

In any case, the two are incomparable. Hans Zimmer's themes were grim and moody because the nolan trilogy was set in a grim and moody world. While Alan Silvestri's music is more classicly hero-like because the MCU is a more idealistic setting for classical superheroes. They're both equally valid for what they sought out to accomplish.

#14 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16580 posts) - - Show Bio

DKR was better Imo..

#15 Posted by lilben42 (2526 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chibio: What? the Dark knight was the best movie ever. Its your opinion though. I didn't care much for TDKR though it was great but just did not like Bane.

#16 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

Avengers stomps.

this

#17 Posted by lilben42 (2526 posts) - - Show Bio

I know you said TDK soundtrack but I just like this song.

#18 Posted by Kesho_Ronin (209 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: well i meant the whole dark knight trilogy

#19 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio
@lilben42 said:

@Chibio: What? the Dark knight was the best movie ever. Its your opinion though. I didn't care much for TDKR though it was great but just did not like Bane.

There is too much cheesyness and too many plotholes in Dark Knight. 

For example... Why does Batman have to be the bad guy in the end? Joker was killing people all day long. Why didn't they say that he was the bad guy, instead of Batman? Makes no sense. Stupid writing.
Something else: Batman had all kinds of various gadgets and his suit allowed him to from fall from a tall building, but a bullet is able to penetrate the suit? Stupid writing. 
Something else: The scene where the Joker breaks out of the prison and holds the fat cop, while the bomb goes off.. every single person around him goes down and is not able to stand up, while Joker is not affected. Then he flees.  
Something else: There is no character development for Two-Face. Harvey Dent simply goes full psychopath from one scene to another. He is even ready to kill a child in the end.
And there are MANY other stupid scenes in the movie. That alone ruins the movie for a person, who goes to watch a serious, somewhat realistic Batman movie. 

Dark Knight Rises was even worse with the RIDICULOUS plotholes and out of character characters. As a director Nolan died for me, but he did that long ago, since his Inception was a bad movie as well.
#20 Posted by iamthewolf88 (346 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: They are really good for what they are trying to portray... Dark Knight is dark and gloomy, even eerie.. It feels like the Batman we all know and love. The Avengers sounds epic and powerful, like you would expect from the coital explosion of expectation. .

#21 Posted by Vrakmul (23407 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chibio:

Actually I can explain why his suit can survive a fall but not a bullet. The kind of trauma you suffer from a fall is a great blunt force distributed over your body, but a bullet's entry trauma is piercing damage that focuses it's force into a small area, and then usually tears open a bigger hole on the way out but that's neither here nor there. To survive a fall, the best method is to make it so that your impact takes "longer" so to speak for the energy to be dumped into you. This is why falling into water is much more survivable than falling on concrete. Batman's suit likely greatly lengthened the energy transfer time. To survive a bullet, you have two options, one is to flat out not let it penetrate such as tank armour, the other is a variation of the fall stopping method, but also has a heavy emphasis on piercing force resistance. It's very possible that something that would allow you to survive a fall would not let you withstand a bullet.

#22 Posted by lilben42 (2526 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chibio: The first thing wasn't a plothole they couldn't say the Joker did it because the Joker was in a whole other place when that happened it wouldn't work out well. The second thing the bullet didn't penetrate it he was acting so he could catch Harvey off guard. I think the third thing some people got knocked out and some people got down because well a bomb went off. Harvey was a secondary villain they couldn't develop Harvey well because then it would be a 3 hour movie. We know why he turned and we know why he blamed Gordon. He turned because Rachel died he blamed Gordon because Harvey told him not to trust his unit I think. I thoight Harvey was developed well he was a dynamic character and we saw how he slowly turned. He didn't know what to do with his life or how to deal with the pain each day so he took a violent approach to deal with his emotions. I hope I explained some of it for you. What were the plot holes in TDKR.

#23 Posted by lilben42 (2526 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamthewolf88: I thought that song specifically from TDKR was heroic and sounded like I'm standing on a hill while the sun rises up. haha

#24 Posted by baron2011 (1151 posts) - - Show Bio

TDK ost easy and was a infinite better movie as well

#25 Posted by dondave (35905 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Knight ftw

#26 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vrakmul said:

@Chibio:

Actually I can explain why his suit can survive a fall but not a bullet. The kind of trauma you suffer from a fall is a great blunt force distributed over your body, but a bullet's entry trauma is piercing damage that focuses it's force into a small area, and then usually tears open a bigger hole on the way out but that's neither here nor there. To survive a fall, the best method is to make it so that your impact takes "longer" so to speak for the energy to be dumped into you. This is why falling into water is much more survivable than falling on concrete. Batman's suit likely greatly lengthened the energy transfer time. To survive a bullet, you have two options, one is to flat out not let it penetrate such as tank armour, the other is a variation of the fall stopping method, but also has a heavy emphasis on piercing force resistance. It's very possible that something that would allow you to survive a fall would not let you withstand a bullet.

No, no and no once again.

You talk about a slower fall being less dangerous, but in that scene Batman didn't really have something that was slowing him down. One could argue that his cape was doing the trick, but in all honesty, it didn't really look like that was something the director wanted to show. Additionally to that Batman was holding Rachel, someone who (in logical theory) should have been a handicap during the fall, because of her weight, so the entire fall should have been even more dangerous.
They both fell down onto a car, TOTALLY CRASHED the car and stayed unharmed. She stayed unharmed, probably because Batman was below her, but his suit protected him perfectly from the impact. In the movies you see people jumping through windows and crashing car windows, but in reality the broken glass pieces would tear them apart. The entire scene was lazy and unlogical as fuck, but hey - it's a movie and to be more exact, it's a superhero fantasy, so we can totally go with it. 
What's bullshit is that his suit protects him from the impact and all the damage, while the car takes some serious damage and in the next scene Batmans suit gets penetrated by one gunshot. No, no and no once again. 

@lilben42 said:

@Chibio: The first thing wasn't a plothole they couldn't say the Joker did it because the Joker was in a whole other place when that happened it wouldn't work out well. The second thing the bullet didn't penetrate it he was acting so he could catch Harvey off guard. I think the third thing some people got knocked out and some people got down because well a bomb went off. Harvey was a secondary villain they couldn't develop Harvey well because then it would be a 3 hour movie. We know why he turned and we know why he blamed Gordon. He turned because Rachel died he blamed Gordon because Harvey told him not to trust his unit I think. I thoight Harvey was developed well he was a dynamic character and we saw how he slowly turned. He didn't know what to do with his life or how to deal with the pain each day so he took a violent approach to deal with his emotions. I hope I explained some of it for you. What were the plot holes in TDKR.

1. Joker had more than enough henchmen. How about we don't let Nolan get away with stupid directing, just because most of the people think he is brilliant, which he is not. 
2. Batman got shot in that scene. He didn't pretend anything. 
3. Harvey Dent was a fairly decent character. Two-Face wasn't. Even the characters in Spider-Man 3 were better developed than Two-Face and the characters in Spider-Man 3 ruined the entire movie. 

You want to know about the plotholes in Dark Knight Rises? Try to undue them, but you won't be able to. And of course, MAJOR SPOILERS incoming:

1. At the beginning of DKR Bruce Wayne isn't Batman anymore. He stopped being Batman 8 years ago. Why? Because Rachel died. That's being OUT OF CHARACTER at it's finest for Batman, something Batman would never do. Something like that would motivate him to become even better.
2. His knee is all fucked up and when he needs cure, he comes up with a Batgod-gadget and it heals completely and never becomes an issue again. 
3. He didn't check his co-workers, since Selina Kyle was able to get a job at his house and steal his stuff. That alone is weird, since Batman would investige everyone who comes to his house to work for him, but okay, maybe I'm being too serious about the plot holes, yet there is another one. Selina steals the necklace of his mother and that's for Bruce the motivation to become Batman once again, even though people were dying in Gotham on a daily basis? Out of character. 
4. Batmans broken back healed in less than 3 months, afterwards he escaped from the pit where all the prisoners were and threw them down a rope so that they can escape as well. You know as all the murders, rapists and other psychopaths who were down in the pit. Then Batman manages to get to Gotham without any money or gadgets, but okay the last point isn't that dramatic, since there are ways, even though it's meh again. 
5. Why is the Gotham Police so stupid and sends every single police officer into the pit where the bomb was? And by every single one, I actually do mean every single one. No wonder the Joker and Harley Quinn can do what they do in Gotham City if they're surrounded by such stupid opponents. 
6. Talia invested billions of dollars into the creation of the Wayne energy device, because she wanted to use it later on as a nuclear bomb and destroy Gotham to avenge her father. That process also lasted for many, many years. Why wouldn't she simply go to the black market and buy a bomb for much less money?
7. Robin, who was so misplaced in this movie figured out that Bruce Wayne and Batman were the same person, because "of that look" o_O
8. Bruce Wayne destroyed Alfred with words and Alfred ran away. Once again stupid, lazy writing and directing, simply because they didn't need Alfred and wanted to get rid of him. Out of character for them both. They're like best boyfriends for life. 
9. The bomb countdown was ticking and Batman still had the time to give Gordon a lenghthy hint at who he was instead of just telling him the three magic words? "BRUCE WAYNE, IDIOT!"  

And I'm pretty sure there is even more, I just can't remember now.
Oh and for the record... Batman died in that movie. There is NO discussion about that one.

He only had 5 seconds left on the clock and there was no chance for him to get away and save himself. The explosion had to blew him up.
And in the end you still see Bruce Wayne with Selina Kyle at that cafe and Alfred is all happy for him. That was so stupid that it makes me angry. Obviously it's just once again one of Alfreds fantasies like he had them before, since he never told Bruce which cafe it was, at which  times he was there and even if he did, why would he be happy for Bruce, who didn't tell him that he did not die and so on? He was crying at the grave of Bruces parents, telling them that he failed and later on he would be all happy to see Bruce alive and happy? No man, Batman dead, movie bad. That's the sad truth of Dark Knight Rises.
#27 Posted by TerryBogard2014 (480 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the avengers was a better movie.But TDK soundtrack was much better

#28 Posted by lilben42 (2526 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chibio: The joker didn't have as much henchmen as everyone thinks with the most of the mob in jail I think its safe to assume his gang was all in the construction building and why would they take a risk blaming it on Joker instead of just blaming Batman and forgetting about it. He did get shot and it hurt him alot but didn't injure him because his body suit. Harvey Dent is Two face thats like saying Green Goblin didn't have any character development . In the movie Bruce became Batman to stop organized crime in TDKR there was no organized crime. He just didn't go out as Bruce Wayne. The gadget didn't heal his knee just subsituted for the ligiment. Selina Kyle only pretended to be a maid for one day not all the time, he got motivated because its the only thing he has from his parents. People were getting killed each day but again organized crime. A special method healed his back early. They weren't murderers and stuff it was Banes prison meaning anyone he thought should go in there. The police did not know Bane was expecting them, they thought they could surprise them down there. There is no Nuclear bomb that can destroy a city on the Black market half of America would be blown to bits. Alfed left because he didn't want to see Bruce kill himself indirectly. Yeah he knew he had time because of the auto pilot so he knew he would survive that's the point of Batman you don't know how he does it but he always manages to get out of a situation. I hope I cleared up most of the plot holes.

#29 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio
@lilben42 said:

There is no Nuclear bomb that can destroy a city on the Black market half of America would be blown to bits.

I was going to reply to you, but then I saw that and I immediately stopped. Not sure if serious. 
Bruce Wayne is not the only person with money and Lucius Fox is probably not the only smart guy in the Nolan Batman universe. I'm pretty sure that in that universe, that seems to be in somewhat near future, where vehicles like Batwing can fly and Batman can use some badass gadgets to manipulate every single telephone in the city - that there should also be a nuclear bomb out there which would be more than capable of destroying a city.
And even if you need more than one bomb, just buy more of them. Everything would have been less expensive and faster than Talia had it in mind.  
With all the other stuff coming from you, man you have to be joking. You didn't clean up even one of the plot holes. They all still remain and they're vast, because of the stupidity and lazyness. For example that with the character development. Two-Face didn't have any character development, while Green Goblin had more than enouh. In the first minutes of the Norman Osborn scenes you could hear the explanation that the serum was giving madness to the user and you saw Norman Osborn later on talking to his mirror, basically going full psychopath, while Two-Face was ready to kill a child from one minute to another, without any explanation.
#30 Posted by iamthewolf88 (346 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: I feel it man. It is great.

#31 Edited by lilben42 (2526 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chibio: Bruce and Lucious are one of the smartest minds on earth they are the first to build a nuclear bomb with clean energy. That would take way too long and be too difficult. I just explained to you why he did that. How did I not clear up any of the plot holes. You still don't under stand why Alfred left because he didn't want to bury Bruce. No offense but most of your plot holes aren't really plot holes just characteristics of a character that you didn't like and what ifs. Read my explanations again Im pretty sure I cleared up half of it at least.